X  |  CLOSE

• Reported By: Jonathan — Albuquerque New Mexico United States
  • Nusenda Credit Union

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    United States

Nusenda Credit Union New Mexico Educators Credit Union Unprofessional and unwilling to work with members Albuquerque New Mexico

*Consumer Comment: You Did This To Yourself

*Author of original report: Name

*Consumer Comment: Why Not Work With Yourself?

On 8/21/2018 and 8/22/2018, I made the mistake of not having enough funds in my account, expecting it to be like every single other bank account I have had I figured if something tried to come through it would decline. Well that is not the case with these clowns.

When I started a live chat with them to try and get some help I was caught by a rude individual who pretty much gave me the f*** you I don't want to help additude. I asked if I could ge help with those fees, even 1 I wasn't wanting them all as I understand its my mistake and I think 3 of the 4 being paid by me they still win.

I have been a long time account holder with a loan through Nusenda and recently started to transfer all my accounts over to Nusenda and was starting to try and convience family and friends to go over as well. I do not like to write negative reviews and I use them as a last resort, if I have written a negative review I have gone through all the options to try to resolve it. They do not want to work with anyone, they give you the don't bother me when you ask for help, doesn't matter how you ask for it.

Then after you compain you get to sit in a chat where you are number 1 it tells you that your wait time is 0 seconds and 2 minutes later your still waiting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2018 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nusenda-credit-union/albuquerque-new-mexico-87111/nusenda-credit-union-new-mexico-educators-credit-union-unprofessional-and-unwilling-to-wo-1458005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

You Did This To Yourself

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States)

POSTED: Friday, August 24, 2018

The only a bank can screw you is if you can't bother to track your transactions - period.  On top of it, you did this at a credit union, which most people think is better than a bank - because people think they're better.  In many cases, they are far from being better.

I made the mistake of not having enough funds in my account, expecting it to be like every single other bank account I have had I figured if something tried to come through it would decline.  Why would you assume that??  If the credit union sets you up with overdraft protection, the credit union will process the transaction regardless of whether you have funds in the account, or not.  If you don't have overdraft protection, the bank will decline debits but will process ACH and other types of transactions even if there are insufficient funds in the account.  Regardless, never assume that everything declines simply because you lack the funds in the account.

They charged me the return fee, they paid some of the items, rejected some of the items but are still making me pay the price of the rejected item plus the return fee.  Correct.  That's standard at any bank or credit union.  None of this should be news.

I asked if I could get help with those fees, even 1 I wasn't wanting them all as I understand its my mistake and I think 3 of the 4 being paid by me they still win.  Many large banks will offer one overdraft for free as a courtesy, but there is nothing that says they must help you.  Credit Unions... are pretty much the same as the large banks, though they used to be more forgiving.  Banks and credit unions operate under account agreements you sign when you open the account.  That agreement allows the bank to charge overdraft fees even if your pending transactions put your balance in the negative.  If the service they provide you operates outside of the agreement, they sometimes may accomodate you, but often won't do it.  On the other hand, many customers generally ask banks to perform actions that are not legal.

The You Tube video is nothing more than a propaganda piece by the conspiracy crowd talking about the dollar as a fiat currency.  The minute any video mentions the Rothchilds (I literally laughed and shut it off at that point), then I know the piece was produced by a crackpot (When I print money it's considered counterfeit, but when the Fed prints money, why is that OK?  LOL!!  If you can't understand why, then please take a course in Macreconomics).  My best advice is to stay away from that sort of stupidity.  Learn instead about how to actually manage your own finances - they belong to you - and if you do it right, you never ever have to pay a bank or credit union one dime of your money.  If you can do that, then you will understand how silly the video is.  Best of luck to you....

Name

AUTHOR: Jonathan - (United States)

POSTED: Friday, August 24, 2018

And I think anyone who has the name of or uses the name of a famous person or tv shows should have to pay that famous person or tv shower creater a $1000 a hour for the right to use that name.

In all seriousness here is a good video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDYfyAQ8lUI

About how your our banks screw us.

Why Not Work With Yourself?

AUTHOR: Perry Mason - (United States)

POSTED: Friday, August 24, 2018

The ONLY reason people come here to whine about overdraft fees is because of THEIR OWN FAILURE to manage their own account! It's YOUR account with YOUR money in it, right? Don't you think it's a matter of COMMON SENSE stop know exactly how much money you have in that account at any given time?

It's quite obvious, you don't keep written records, you don't keep an on-going running balance and you have no clue of what has been debited and what hasn't. You don't even balance your own account on a monthly basis, do you? People who keep written records don't have overdrafts because they know how much money is available.

Banks and credit unions should increase OD fees to $100 a pop since there's so many people who cannot even properly manage their own account. It's an excellent profit center thanks to those without common sense!