Complaint Review: Orkin Exterminating - Vista California

• Orkin Exterminating
    2420 Grand Ave Ste J
    Vista, California

Orkin Exterminating 30 day cancellation notice ripoff Vista California

*UPDATE Employee: There is no "Contract"

First off, these guys do not kill the ants, they just repel them. After a year of this, I decided to cancel, as I only signed a 1 year contract. The customer service rep informs me that the cancellation takes effect 30 days from my call. Come on, this is ridiculous. After my contract expired, they should have offered a new contract. I did not agree to anything after the first year. This is just a ploy to get more money. DO NOT USE ORKIN EVER...

Ed
La Mesa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2004 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/orkin-exterminating/vista-california-92081/orkin-exterminating-30-day-cancellation-notice-ripoff-vista-california-104642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

There is no "Contract"

AUTHOR: Walter - (U.S.A.)

I have sold these to many happy customers, but I am honest with homeowners as I think all employees should be. What you sighn is a "service agreement". I know for a fact that If you call unsatisfied You are not legally obligated to pay for any service not performed. But every employee takes classes on how to save customers and (1. will try to convence you to stay on the program and (2. will ask you to give them a chance to solve the problem, often at no additional cost "that month".
__ But if a technician applies anything whether outside or in, that is a payable service unless told beforehand.
The agreement gives the technician the permission in writing to apply outside ,
yes even if your not home. And believe it or not, many people prefer not to be and even give keys for inside. but that is all. If you called and said STOP ALL SERVICES , you may get
a spiell on why you want service but you will not be charged for services you did not get. Even If you sighned the agreement you can legally cancel any services NOT PERFORMED.
That being said, If you just did not answer the phone when they called, they will next stop in and do an outside spray which you will be obligated to pay. SO ANSWER OR CALL and say that you want to cancel.