Complaint Review: OSCARS CARPET ONE WILLIAMSTON NJ
OSCARS CARPET ONE WILLIAMSTON NJ ,MIKE-OWNER, BROKE FURNITURE - HOLES IN WALL - BROKE PERSONAL PROPERTY - USED PERSONAL PROPERTY - LEFT THEIR TRASH BEHIND WILLIAMSTOWN New Jersey
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I went to this company to purchase flooring. The first sales person was terrific. (Carol). She is not at fault here. She showed me around and showed me various products in the store. I was a return customer for the third time/property. I was in their computer system.
I brought my own measurements that were dead on (according to Mike). They sent the guy out to meaure. Aug. 7th, 2017.
I rushed home from work and lost 1 hours pay. He had to come between 4:30 and 5pm only. He called my home at 4:15pm and stated he would be there in 10 minutes.
Upon arrival - he was not a friendly person at all. I had to help him measure a bedroom and the hallway. It is a condo so the place to measure was not very big. He/Mike was not in my home for more than about 10 minutes. I had questions about what my responsibilities were to remove furniture etc., I did not have a chance to even ask. He came in an ran out and was very arrogant. All he stated was your not getting carpet?
I was starting to think this was a bad idea to use this company but I fell in love with the flooring I picked out which was $ 2206.84 Vinyl flooring. (Labor etc). This included Stock Shoe Molding Prime/White - was damaged and needs to be painted . (That is what he told me when I complained).
When I went to give my deposit - I was met with another Sales person Arlene, I stated that I wanted to change the floor I picked - because I put it next to bedding and furniture. She was too interested in chewing her gum to get up from the desk and come back to the show room. I had to ask her to come with me. I told her about this guy Mike and she stated "oh he had alot going on and two people called out that day and he was on his way to a convention and you were the last home to be measured." I also asked her to show me flooring for my living room and she stated - you have too much going on right now - just worry about the bedroom. So, far this is not going well.. She gave me the card of a man named Sam who works at another Carpet One in Mullica Hill NJ. he could answer my questions.
I called him and told him that I was conscerned about where the seem was going to be since there is alot of foot traffic in that area. I asked him if they were going to remove a track that was down in the hallway where there was closet doors. etc., he stated they did not order any extra materials for the area I was talking about the seem in front of the door/hallway to the master bedroom. He had no idea if the installers would remove the track I was talking about. If I did not remove the carpet in the bedroom and hallway they would charge me. (It was already removed since I had a flood from a washing machine, all that was left was the tack board. (I am diabled and I have limited use of my left arm).
Upon arrival of the floor (I lost 8 hours pay) on Firday August 18th - they don't work at night or the weekends. They were supposed to arrive at 9:30am and showed up a couple minutes before 11am Coffee in hand. The rooms were empty except for an Antique Cedar Chest that I could not remove and a very large Dresser that I had emptied and remove all drawers. I paid someone to remove the closet tracking the the hallway and all the tack board from the hallway.
1. You didn't remove the tack board from the bedroom? on arrival.
2. Broke the leg off my deceased mother's antique cedar chest.
3. Put holes in the sheet rock in the hallway when they move the cedar chest.
4. The shoe molding had gashes in it like it came from another job. Was suppose to be pre-painted.
5. Left there lunch in my master bedroom bathroom.
6. Removed doors from the area and put them outside. They left my front door open and I have a full screen door. (did not have to air out the place from the glue. There are 3 windows in the room being floored). I have a dog that I had to lock up.
7. They (two guys) used all the toilet paper in my master bathroom.
8. They broke a custom shoe rack that was on the door of the Master bedroom closet door.
(Threw my shoes and the rack in another area and did not tell me they broke it).
9. I had taken ball gowns out of my closet and placed them on my bed that was taken apart and put in another room. (They threw the excess vinyl on top of my clothes - the shoes and the broken shoe rack).
10. I smelled laudry soap when they left and I didn 't know where it was coming from. (I just purchased a brand new washer and dryer to replace the one that caused the flood). I looked up and noticed the laudry soap was dripping from the container onto the shelf and the new washer and on top of clean clothes. I followed the trail and it led into the hall bathroom ontop of my bedroom end table and across the floor onto clean towels and into the sink and down the front of the sink.
11. They left water bottles and cups all over the two rooms.
12. The one guy told me my cedar chest was broke from the flood? I moved it to take the carpet up and it was not.
13. Glue all over the new floor with a trail out my front door on my Spanish tile in the foyer across the door jam and down the side walk.
11am until 5:30 pm putting vinyl down.
On Saturday Aug 19th - I drove to Oscars in Williamstown - with pictures on my phone of the damages and horrible work.
I was approached by this sales person Arlene that again wanted nothing to do with me. She said go talk to him. I went over to this guy that I did not recognize. It was Mike - of course I did not recognize him. I asked if he wanted to see the pictures. He did not. I told him about the furniture - no answer. I told him that the seem was already coming up - he had a smirk on his face and they were laughing at me. I stated why were they in my bathroom - he stated they are allowed to use your bathroom. I was getting no where. Of course I raised my voice and was getting very upset and I did use foul language because he was laughing at me. He stated he would send the guys - the same guys back out and I had to take another day off from work. He also told me that you can not install a strip on top of the seem because you can not nail anything into a concrete slab. (How is tack board nailed down). I asked him for a credit since they broke furniture etc. Stated he would not do that. He wouldn't even look at the pictures. I had to go straight to an urgent care because I thought I was having a heart attack on my drive back - I can't believe I spent 2200 - and was treated like I bought a throw rug.
He sent the men out on Monday - I lost another days pay - all they did was tell me sorry and use some sort of chemical to take the glue off the floor. To my surprise I was told that this guy Mike is the owner. (My furniture - shoe rack -clothing that is damage and holes in my condo will not be addressed). All I got was "Sorry"
Needless to say I would not use them every again and I would discourage any one from spending there hard earned money with this company. I have an entire condo to re-floor and they lost my business.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2017 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/oscars-carpet-one-williamston-nj/williamstown-new-jersey-08094/oscars-carpet-one-williamston-nj-mike-owner-broke-furniture-holes-in-wall-broke-per-1395157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: