X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Papa John's Pizza - Roseville Minnesota

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: falcon heights Minnesota
  • Papa John's Pizza Lexington And Laurpenter Roseville, Minnesota U.S.A.

Papa john's made a mistake with my order. That kind of thing happens, people make mistakes. the problem was they compounded this with telling me all sorts of falsehoods, stuff like 'I just asked the regional manager, who happens to be in the back, and no you cannot talk to him' We will refund your credit card in 2 weeks, no tomorrow, no 2 weeks!! etc etc. (NOTE NEVER PAY BY CREDIT CARD)

I ended up calling the real regional manager (John Perez?) and stated my experience. He asked 'how can I make this right' and I said #1 educate your people #2 have a convenient comment line #3 give me 1 free pizza.

John sent me 4 or 5 coupons for complimentary pizza. He even crossed out the 1 topping and wrote 3 toppings in it's place to match my original screwed up order.

I used 3. One time the pizza guy forgot to collect one so I just threw it away. I used one today and they slapped a delivery charge on there.

I tipped the driver $2.00 (not his fault)and paid the delivery charge on my 'free' pizza in Pennies

you lost a customer for life Papa Johns

Akodo
falcon heights, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2009 09:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/papa-johns-pizza/roseville-minnesota-55113/papa-johns-pizza-charged-delivery-fee-on-free-pizza-to-make-up-for-a-messed-up-order-ro-451287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
16Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#16 Consumer Suggestion

now who is the scammer?

AUTHOR: Azrider - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, August 11, 2009
this just sounds you want a whole lot of something for nothing. wow, you tipped two dollars on a FREE pizza. that would have been very kind of you during the reagan administration. they offered you free pizzas, and if you didn't want the delivery charge you should have picked it up. paying in pennies? how childish? and yeah.... i worked in the food/service industry before, trust me when i say this, "don't piss off the people handling your food.".

Standard fix-it-all policy

AUTHOR: Thatguy - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, May 30, 2009
The free pizza cards provided to franchise locations always have the caveat printed on them that the offer listed is for carryout only. It's possible to remove a delivery charge in the system, but for a number of reasons managers don't always do that. At our location, the free pizza cards are frequently provided for promotions and so we generally include the delivery charge unless the customer makes it clear (usually quite loudly) where they got the card from.

I've heard many reasons for the standard delivery charge. We're told that it covers insurance for the store, some operating costs, and mileage. In practice, I do know that drivers that are assigned an order with no delivery charge don't get paid mileage (70 cents in our area). The ordertaker is often a driver and so there's a financial incentive to avoid removing delivery charges. During a busy period, a manager would be required to provide a password for the free order and would most likely not check through to a separate screen to make sure and input a password again to remove the delivery charge before running back to slap out more dough.

As far as credit cards go-- when you order via credit card, you give the number over the phone and the computer preauthorizes the charge. Posting a bad order (or changing the order in any way after the credit card has gone through) will void the transaction but depending on your bank, the money may have already disappeared from your account. This has been a problem for a few of our customers who didn't see a voided transaction repair itself for at least a week. It's a relatively rare complaint, so if your bank doesn't have a history of shenanigans, then things should work out within a day or so.

To avoid problems like this-- if you have a complaint or are following up, ask for a manager. Anything that can be fixed needs a manager's password anyway and asking up front will put them on notice that things aren't cool. You may be on hold for a few minutes. We're supposed to repeat the total including the delivery and tax before authorizing any charges, but make sure you know. Don't change your mind after you've given your credit card info because that will potentially create a bulge in your account as charges go through and get voided. If you want something inexpensive like extra sauces or peppers then this is the chance to get some for free as nobody wants to reenter all the card info in order to add a 75 cent ranch sauce.

Finally, you can always pay cash or the system is set up in such a way that an order can be switched to a credit card without much trouble, so if you want a chance to inspect the pizza and not risk any woes with your plastic, you can easily come to the door with your card in hand and apologize that you actually don't have enough cash. Either you or the driver can call the store and switch the charge. Since there's no slip to sign, you authorize it by showing your card to the driver and add in any tip.

Good luck and sorry about the problems

Response to Boo h*o

POSTED: Thursday, May 28, 2009
Who is really at fault in the freebies...the person filing the complaint or the company giving away the farm? Hope you never watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 - you would REALLY dislike them taking advantage of all the advantages given to them. They make like $50k an episode and yet haven't had to pay for their trips and entrance fees for like four years. I think a couple worth $10 million with 8 kids should still have to pay their way just like everyone else. God help us if they start complaining about their free services.

If companies don't want to give away things for free then those companies should make the effort to insure squashed pizzas don't go out the door let alone burnt ones (which I have been the recipient of...as if I don't mind eating a burnt pizza so they make the educated decision to send out something that they would not eat themselves).

Akodo..good for you in paying the monies in pennies!

Boo h*o

AUTHOR: Falconsfan - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, May 27, 2009
I am not one to complain either...some people are just out for as many freebies as possible.

Benthefinanceguy

POSTED: Wednesday, May 27, 2009
You don't even know what you are writing about. Ever heard of the saying "Customer is ALWAYS right" or how about Caveat Emptor (for those novices: Buyer Beware) I have worked on both sides of the coin. If I screw up a customer's order or provide bad service I will be expected by the customer as well as myself to have the situation rectified even if it means gving away the cow and the farm. I tip very well, but if my meal or any service that is provided to me is screwed up in any way...well I too as the customer expect the situation to be rectified even if that means I get the cow and the farm.

You must be very LUCKY to have had fantastic service your entire life to not have to have filed any complaints against any entity. GOD help you if someone finds your service unsatisfactory.

And four or five pizzas...add a few more to that along with a brand new tire, new hub caps, free oil changes, gift cards, replacement children puzzle (one purchased was missing a piece - manufacturing is at fault for that), vouchers, etc.

If you want to go through life never saying a word about a bad experience then you truly deserve to have bad service. Get a back bone.

Wow

AUTHOR: Benthefinanceguy - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, May 19, 2009
So you got like 4 or 5 free pizzas out of the deal, just because one was screwed up, and you are complaining about having to tip/pay the delivery guy? You sound like a great person.

PA

POSTED: Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Considering the order was placed initially online and the tip was added at that time for the original delivery of the screwed up pizza...I don't see any reason as to why I should have to tip the second guy who delivered the corrected order. And if he was expecting a tip for a messed up pizza...will wonders never cease. He needs to go over the first guy who squashed the first pizza for his tip. I am a treat to deliver to. But I expect to get what I pay for.

Papa Johns Screw Up

POSTED: Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I recently had a pizza delivered by Papa Johns that was beyond screwed up. Toppings were stuck to the inside box lid. Called the store and had it immediately replaced that same night. I did not tip the driver nor was a there a delivery charge. I have had many pizzas free due to mistakes and not once have I been charged a delivery fee. Maybe it is an individual store policy but you could always contact the Corporate Offices.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Did the coupon say "free delivery?" or did it say "delivery fees may apply"

I've always paid a delivery fee on free items. If you wanted it free, you should have picked it up yourself.

#3 Consumer Suggestion