X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Papa John's - Goose Creek South Carolina

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Goose Creek South Carolina
  • Papa John's 431 St James Ave Goose Creek, South Carolina U.S.A.

Papa John's ripoff, RUDE, PROMISED FREE PIZZA THEN SENT COPS OVER Goose Creek NAVAL BASE South Carolina

Tonight we ordered pizza from Papa Johns. 1 hour later, the pizza had yet to arrive. We called Papa Johns to voice our concern, and they claimed the driver was on there way. We expressed concern, with the wait time (online it states within 45 minutes), and asked her to rectify the situation. She had no suggestions, so I asked about getting the pizza for free, as a good gesture on there behalf. She agreed, so our discussion ended.

When the driver arrived, I informed him that the store said the pizza was free, and he was more then welcome to contact the store to verify the situation. 5 minutes later, I receive a nasty voice mail (saved it for evidence in case I choose to take this to the court level) from a "manager" stating that we stole the pizza from the driver and we can either pay the driver or never order from Papa Johns again. After the service we've been receiving lately, we opted to never order again.

Well, after 10 more phone calls from the store, a cop comes strolling up to our place. Says that Papa Johns is claiming that 1. we stole pizza (can't steal something that is given to you) 2. that we gave Papa Johns a fake credit card number. Funny, I never paid with a credit card, the order was to be paid via check. And, if I was going to pay with a card, wouldn't they have already processed it, and if it was declined, wouldnt they have not delivered the pizza? Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either.

So we told the cops exactly what went on. They know we would have no reason to lie to them, so they agreed that Papa Johns was in the wrong. But, because we are better then Papa Johns will ever be, we paid. I wrote "written under duress" on the check.

I have every intention of contacting my Bank, and Navy Legal to be sure this matter is taken care of appropriately.

You know, the military provides a lot of customers to Papa Johns. But, since there is such a thing as a Navy Blacklist, where rude companies like Papa Johns that does wrong to service members get reported and noted as being such, and military personnel are encouraged to not use their services.

There are also things such as the Better Business Bureau and many other sites that will be receiving this full statement.

Rebecca Lynn
Goose Creek, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2005 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/papa-johns/goose-creek-south-carolina-29445/papa-johns-ripoff-rude-promised-free-pizza-then-sent-cops-over-goose-creek-naval-base-s-140863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Investigates Reputation Repair