X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Park West Gallery - Southfield Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Fort Walton Beach Florida
  • Park West Gallery 29469 Northwestern Rd. Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Park West Gallery is a major rip-off. My husband and i went on a cruise a little over 2 years ago now. While on the cruise we attented one of the Park West art auctions and bought two "paintings" for $630.00. We were told these were real painting and thought we had gotten such a great deal and we couldn't wait till we got home to get them.

Once we got home a couple of weeks later we recieved one, when i pulled it out of the shipping container it was a poster. So I called and explained to them until I was blue in the face that it was not what we had ordered. The woman acted as if I was stupid to be complaining about a poster, but said for me just to wait until I got the other "painting" and call back.

Several more weeks went by and never recieved the other "painting", so I called back and they said it must have been shipped to the wrong address or something, but agreed to give us a credit. I explained to them that I did not want the credit that my husband and I didn't have tons of money to spend and the only reason we got the paintings was beause we fell inlove with them. And they still refused to give us the money back.

So I went through there stupid process of getting the credit, faxing the paperwork and what not, but still have not recieved the credit. They say they have it on file but besides the paperwork that says I'll get a credit, I have nothing else.

It's been two years now and there is still nothing else that I have seen that I like through them and they still supposible renew my credit and I call all the time to see if I can just get it refunded, because to be honest all their "real paintings" are much more than what we paid and I don't want to give them any more money and not be happy again and as they tell me I dont have to get a painting i can get a numbered poster, or something else.

Do they not understand I can go to walmart and get a poster and slap a number on it for about $3. Thats a lot of numbered posters from walmart for what I paid them.

If any one could help me it would be great, because I'm not all about throwing money out the door and basically thats whats happening here. They have my money and I have nothing. Money that my husband and I worked our butts off for back then and their basically scamming us.

Darbie
Fort Walton Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2007 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/park-west-gallery/southfield-michigan-48034/park-west-gallery-major-rip-offs-southfield-michiganrip-off-report-investigation-park-wes-230566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content