X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Mark the manager from Party Lane Inc has purposely placed an unauthorized charge to my debit card after I returned an item. I went to the store, and returned one of the two items I bought the week before. I spoke to the girl at the register and she refunded my card and gave me a receipt showing the money was refunded. A week later, I saw the unauthorized charge on my bank statement. I called the store and the lady that picked up said they were waiting for my call because after Mark found out he was furious and said we dont do refunds and placed the card (without even contacting me!!!).

If I didnt check my bank statements I would have never known about this! Also when I called the girl told me that Mark is a hot head and has a short temper and to be careful if I came back to the store! Bottom line is I want my money back, I did not authorized their charge, and they did not have my card or permission to charge me again! I was hoping to settle this without reporting them to the BBB, making a civil suit, and going through this aggravation but I am left with no choice. This is not fair and I will not be intimidated by someone like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2014 07:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/party-lane-inc/toms-river-new-jersey-08753/party-lane-inc-mark-the-manager-unauthorized-charge-toms-river-new-jersey-1126624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Managers Response

AUTHOR: Toms river la cancell policy ripoff - ()

POSTED: Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hi,

1.We at Party lane Inc can not recharge anyones Credit Card witout the credit card in our hands. In this case a Party Lane manager called our credit card company and explained what the purchaser had done [see item #7]. The CC company stated they would take 3 days to review and authorize or not authorize the charges which they did authorize.

2. In our store we have numerous signs stating no returns on one side of our store which is our halloween/party machine side for the reason at times a consumer may use the merchandise for their event and then return it.  Customers slips also reflect this note.

3. We have called several people who say they are the ones filing the complaint Mike Parker/Nick Calvito and we even tried to reach other to the mother of this adult- no return calls.

4. The BBB investigated this matter and came to agreement that this issue is resolved due to the purchersers actions.

5. The person Mark as noted in the complaints email had no knowledge until recently of this issue/complaint nor was he a deciding factor at any time. The complaintant nerver even talked to manager Mark .

6. If this complaintant had a issue with the cc  charge all he/she had to do is call their cc company which for some reason bypassed this.

7. Bottom line is the purcharser used a smoke machine for their party, tried to return it a few days later and was informed he can not do to our policy. He then came back another day and told "another" employee that he tried to return it the night before but our credit card machines was down and he was to come back the next day which is not the truth in any sense. Video tapes do not lie.

We have been in business for over 28 years, our reputation as always been excellent. We attempted no less then 7 x's to make contact with no response. Although we strongly stand behind our return policy we do not want anyone dissatisfied with our business and welcome open dialogue.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair