Complaint Review: Paul Rueda - Barnegat New Jersey

• Paul Rueda
    307 So. Main Street
    Barnegat, New Jersey
    United States

Paul Rueda John Bishop John Paul Builders PKR construction Paul Rueda and John Bishop STOLE our money. Barnegat New Jersey

*General Comment: Engineer Also Ripped Off

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: false statement

I contracted John Paul Builders (45,000 down payment) to lift and complete my home according to the requirements that RREM sets forth for Sandy related damage.  I found a bit of trust in the fact that the business was approvedby RREM and was a prt of Buy In Brick, a program that encourages you to use a business in the same town as you.  Paul Rueda came to my house and personally assured me of the job they would do while getting to me personlly, speaking about his charity to special needs as he saw my daughter is disabled.

After 4 months of nothing at all happening, I started hounding him for a progress report of our project.  He continued to lie and bide time.  Making every excuse in the book.  We moved out of the home as he promised the project would start.  We were paying a motgage and rental for longer than we should have.  When nothing was being touched or progressing, my husband interviened and demanded an answer.  He lied and said the permits were not there because the people in the township were lazy.  When we contacted a friend who works in the zoning office she said that there was never an application put in for our project.

When my husband confronted him, he tried to say that his partner stole the money and went to Florida.  After some legal threats he agreed to at least diconnect the house from the foundation so we could actually move on.  He sent his crew over who did not disconnect all of the bolts and hurricane straps that secured the home to the foundation.  When the house lifters came to do the job that we paid for out of our pockets, our foundation crumbled because of his apparant disfunction as a true builder.

Paul Rueda is a scam artist and a preditor of the needy and John Bishop is an out right fraud crook and stole money not only from us but from the state (RREM program)

The saddest part of this is that we hve not gotten any help from the officials in brick (as they had endorsed them in thier BUY in Brick list) or the Ocean county Prosecutors.

If I were to go into one of thier homes and steal 45,000. in jewlery.......I would be arrested the next day.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2018 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/paul-rueda/barnegat-new-jersey-08005/paul-rueda-john-bishopjohn-paul-builderspkr-construction-paul-rueda-and-john-bishop-sto-1426520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Engineer Also Ripped Off

AUTHOR: Joseph Sullivan - (United States)

I performed Engineering design services to these jerks on this and several other house lft projects and was also ripped off for thousands. I'm surprised it is indicated that he only stole $75K from homeowners - perhaps not all of the bilked clients haven't filed complaints as yet. I certainly intend to and can't wait to see him and Johnny B. squirm in court.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

false statement

AUTHOR: Paul - (United States)

I helped you through the process and even after John took off i called you and told you that. I did the engineering abd submitted and recieved the permit for your home. I even paid for it and that is on record at the township. I even sent my employees to seperate the home from the foundation to prep it for the house lifters once that was all done your husband said our services were not needed. I was on the phone with your husband for weeks calling the permit office in Brick to find out why it was taking so long. You want to slander John go ahead but dont dare do that to me since you fired us.