X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: PC Progress - Elk Gtove Village Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Deak — Kansas City Missouri United States of America
  • PC Progress 225 Stanley Street Elk Gtove Village, Illinois United States of America

PC Progress Parts overcharge and bad customer service Elk Gtove Village, Illinois

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

After ordering a 512MB memory stick from PC Progress for $29.99 through EBay, I found that I needed two (2) 256 memory sticks for my computer to work.  I called and was told I could exchange the 512MB stick for two (2) 256MB sticks, was given an RMA number and mailed the wrong stick back paying the $2.72 postage myself.

Several days later I recieved notice that I would be charged another $6.00 before the new sticks were sent and I paid this. When the new memory arrived it was identical to what I had returned.  I again called and was told that they had made a mistake and was given an updated RMA number. I again returned the 512MB memory stick and this time I was reimbursed the $2.58 postage cost. My out of pocket cost at this point was $38.71.

When the new memory arrived it was only one stick of 256MB. I again called and was told that I would have to pay another $29.99 in order to get a second stick of 256MB memory. I refused stating that I would get the needed memory somewhere else. I then went to EBay and saw that this company had the 256MB stick offered for $21.99 with free shipping.
I believe that this company engages in unethical business practices in order to generate more sales and maximize profits. Their "errors" will cost you if you do business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2009 12:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pc-progress/elk-gtove-village-illinois-60007/pc-progress-parts-overcharge-and-bad-customer-service-elk-gtove-village-illinois-526184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair