X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Peoples Credit - Plano Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Deland Florida
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Peoples Credit 115 E. South Street Plano, Illinois U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

First of all we have paid off a substantial loan with this company. Then we decided to finanace a pickup truck. The manager insisted that we let him have the title to the van that was 95% paid off, the title to my mustang (98) with only 30k miles on it, and the title to the truck we were purchasing.

We agreed to leave the title to my car and the truck. Against my better judgement after the manager told my husband that he would probably just leave and go back to mexico and not pay, like all the mexicans do. My husband started working in florida from illinois and i stayed in illinois.

We were still sending payments. I moved to florida 2 mos later. I called the company ( peoples credit ) to let the manager know our new address, he started yelling at me saying i skipped town and that he was going to ruin me and get rid of me. I told him i didnt skip town he had my phone number and i gave him my address.

The next week both vehicals were re-poed. I called the company and asked where the vehicals were and he refused to tell me. WE ask to pay the 2 weeks we were behind to catch up and he said no. I know that the loan was at least 30% paid off.

The owner refused to let us get the vehicals, make the 2 week payment, and informed us that he was coming to fl in a week to get the vehhicals. All the time laughing , insukting , and telling me how he was going to ruin me.

Now i have asked for a report from when the vehicals were auctioned of to seee if we owed anything on the loan and he refused. He said i was stupid, and asked me for my address. I told him he has it / he sent me papers and re-poed vehicals at this at the same address?

So what do i do? i don,t know if i have a case and if i do what kind of attornet to hire, please Help!!!

Kathy
Deland, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2005 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/peoples-credit/plano-illinois-32724/peoples-credit-ripoff-plano-illinois-151162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

notice:

AUTHOR: Peoples credit inc. - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, March 30, 2015

I am the Manager of Peoples Credit Inc.   in regards to the customer in Deland FL.  It is not our practice to reposeess cars unless there is defualt on any account.  It is our practice durring the loan underwriting process to evaluate our collateral when a loan is approved.  If we require more security we ask for it.  The customer is under no obligation to give that collateral to us, it is of thier free will.  We are sometimes forced to repossess when loans go into defualt. In this particular case when the collateral was recovered it had been wrecked and of low value.

Manager Peoples Credit Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Complaint from Kathy in Deland FL

AUTHOR: Manager, Peoples Credit Inc. - ()

POSTED: Sunday, May 04, 2014

This customer was in default on their loan.  Their claims are not accurate.  This customer is making defamatory statements only due to sour grapes from them making poor decisions.

Peoples Credit Inc. Takes great pride in offering quality services to our customers and we make every effort to find nice ways to solve problems if they occur.

Sincerely,

Manager

Peoples Credit Inc.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair