X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: PEP BOYS - Cicero Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Chicago Illinois
  • PEP BOYS Cicero, Illinois U.S.A.

PEP BOYS, Ultimate Solution Tools In Fullerton, CA. WORST RIPOFFS, CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANCE EVER Cicero,Rebate Center, Magnufacture In Fullerton Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: How to get a copy of your receipt

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Went to Pep Boys (end of June 2008) in Cicero, Il and decided to buy a (Power System Plus) 2.0HP 10 Gallon Air Compressor by Ultimate Solution Tools. With a $20 dollar rebate! I clearly remember sending the rebate sheet and receipt that same day.

Had the compressor in the box for a few weeks then decided to try it, well it was damaged..it had a crack on the bottom by where you connect the air hose in..(by the way this was now August..still no rebate) so I decided to call Pep Boys for a refund/exchange.

They told me I needed to contact the magnufacture and see what their warranty was and clearly explained how the item could not be returned to the store without their permission first. So I then called Ultimate Solution Tools in Fullerton, CA. and they said they could not help me without an original reciept.

Then I called the ever so Famous and Not helpful Rebate Center and first they said when did you mail your rebate, later said oh, we've mailed out your check today it should be there in 10 days. Told them how I needed my original reciept back (at least a copy) because the item I had purchased was damaged.

The lady said, Sorry, the reciept is now property of Pep Boys and how they couldn't do a single thing to help me. So I said, "excuse me, I went to Pep Boys thinking I had bought a smart and Useful compressor, spent more than $100 dollars and all you can say is sorry.

Get this everyone, all she said back was sorry (again) So I asked to speak with the Manager and she has me on hold for like 15 minutes so at this point I am Not happy, then I get connected to the Floor Supervisor and told them I would please like to speak the supervisor and what was his name...

Sorry mam, we can not reveal that information to you (I'm thinkin, WHAT... I mean a great customer service assistant should not Not want to tell you his/her Managers' name.

Anyways, to cut the story...it's not middle of August and still have not received anything just a brand new Broken compressor back in the box!!

I regret ever going to Pep Boys that day, they might as well robbed my purse straight from me, because that is excatly what it feels like...very disappointed and shocked to have found out that Pep Boys Rebate Center would treat people like this.

Abby
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pep-boys/cicero-illinois-60804/pep-boys-ultimate-solution-tools-in-fullerton-ca-worst-ripoffs-customer-service-assist-362864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

How to get a copy of your receipt

AUTHOR: Globemaster - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, August 26, 2008
You can get a copy of your receipt from the store you bought the compressor from. I use to work for Pep Boys and have retrieved receipts for people who have lost them. The problem is not a lot of emploees know how to do this but a compentent manager should. They can do a search in the POS system under e-journel by either dates or transaction numbers. If you remember the date you bought it it shouldn't take to long for them to find the transaction for the compressor. Also for future reference, anytime you purchase something from Pep Boys with a rebate ask for a rebate receipt, which is a copy for you to mail in with the rebate so you can keep the original. I hope this helps.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair