X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Pep Boys - Riverdale Georgia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: college park Georgia
  • Pep Boys 7000 Highway 85 North Riverdale, Georgia U.S.A.

Pep Boys/ Rodney Bivens Service Manager/ Alanna Blesoe Culver Service Advisor/ Anthony Murray Mechanic FALSE DIAGNOSES, INCORRECT, LIED, Riverdale Georgia

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
My car was running hot so I took it to Pep boys because the dealership was closed. When I got there I sat and waited for 20 minutes and was called to the service desk and told that my car had a leaking water pump and the thermostat was sticking. They told me they could do it for me the next day for $540. I declined and just took my car back across the street home. I only went there because they were so close to my home. Realizing that I needed to not drive it anymore, I called a tow truck.

When the tow truck arrived, the guy who was towing the vehicle was a mechanic and offered to look at it after we got into a conversation about what had happened. He looked and said that he thinks I may have a busted hose and that they run about 10 bucks at the store. Since I would have had to pay for the tow anyways I went ahead and let him tow it and thanked him for his advice.

The next morning the dealership called and told me they had my vehicle and that the water pump was fine, the thermostat was fine, but that the hose needed to be replaced and that they could do that for $125.

Huge difference from $540 that pep boys tried to rip me off with!
Don't TRUST THEM!

Neaundre
college park, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2008 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pep-boys/riverdale-georgia-30296/pep-boys-rodney-bivens-service-manager-alanna-blesoe-culver-service-advisor-anthony-mur-344082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair