X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Pet Cargo Delivery Agency - Cameroon Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Manchester Other
  • Pet Cargo Delivery Agency petcargo_deliveryagency@email.com Nationwide U.S.A.

PIUS ATANGA Sheepdog Puppy Scam. Cameroon LITTORAL

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

After me and dad decided that we wanted an Old English Sheepdog puppy I started looking online at sellers, not having 700+ to pay for a dog I looked for the cheapest sellers. Stupid I know, but there are some genuine sellers out there. After finding a puppy for sale at 120, I e-mailed the seller about the dog.
This was the reply I recieved:

"Hi

It with plenty of pleasure for me to read from you about this my cute and well trained baby for re homing, she is well trained kc registered vet check and love the companion of kids and other home pets,she love playing with kids in and out, home and potty trained,she will be coming with all her paper work

I will love you to know why i am giving out this baby is due to the nature of my job, i live home for work at 7:30am and only back at 9:20pm from work, so she is always alone at home, while she love playing with people and other home pets,she is 14 weeks old, vet check ,kc registered and fast in making new friends.she will be coming with her food stuff,playing toys and food menu for shopping.well i will love to know if you have ever own a puppy before?are you married?do you have kids?when will you love to re home this my cute baby?

I have attach some cute pictures .i want to also let you know that i am not out for money making so i am looking for some one that will take very good care of the baby, so if you know and you can promise me that, get back to me with your location i will love to meet you in person.Thanks and waiting"

The e-mail came with no pictures and the sender's english was questionable. I replied with:

"Hello and thank you for your reply!
I live with my dad who has own an Old English sheepdog before and we have had many dogs inbetween, including a husky, a german shepard and a few X breeds!

We would like to rehome the dog as soon as possible.
I just have a few more questions!
Where in Newcastle do you live?
It says the puppy is going for 120, is this correct?
Do you have a contact phone number?

We love dogs and would take very good care of her, we have a big house and a large back garden, we also live close to fields where we would take her on walks!
Hope to hear from you soon!"

The seller had stated in his advert that he lived in Newcastle, assuming that we would be able to drive up there and collect the dog, I asked for the sellers phone number, hoping to call and arrange a time/date.
This was the reply I recieved:

"Hello,
Nice reading from you,well i would have love to meet you but i am in Glasgow now for work and the do leave in a hotel and the baby is always along while the baby love the companion of kids and other home pets but if you can meet me i will be very happy but if not is still very okay for the delivery ,just that i am very busy on my job side that is why i am even giving out this puppy,but no problem ,you will have the puppy delivered to you and what i will need from you is for you to take very good care of the l puppy,do take the puppy as part of your family,I will make all arrangements for the delivery of the puppy to you and you will be paying just 90pounds for the delivery fee so that the delivery can be confirmed ,activated,papers signed an you have the puppy delivered to you,so i will like your to get back to me with
your full names....
Home address...........
Post code............
City..................
and phone number both land line and mobile....
.you will have the puppy delivered to you today or tomorrow by the delivery agency and you will be paying just the 90pounds .i will made all the arrangements and as soon as all is done ,i will drop the puppy where you will be contacted by email and also by call on how you will be paying the fee and as soon as payment is made then you will have the puppy delivered to you right.Thanks and waiting to read from you . please just do what you told me to love and care for the baby then i will be very please with you."

The seller had now stated that he was staying in Glasgow and had also said that the price of the puppy had gone from 120 to 90, he didn't say why. This reply also contained photos of a dog, all of which appeared to be the same puppy.

I sent my details to the "seller", but only my first name and the first line of my address, he also asked for my telephone number so he could call. I also asked how he would deliver the puppy and stated that I would prefer to pay for the dog in cash and in person.

He then replied with:
"Hi
the delivery will be tomorrow in the morning, but you did not let me know if you really love the baby, well i will love you to know that i am not out for money making, all you will have to pay is just 90 pounds for the home delivery"

I thought overnight delivery of a dog was a little far fetched and also wondered why the fee had gone down so much. I then asked the seller how I would be paying the 90 and he replied with:

"That very lovely of you, i am very please, so tomorrow you have to be at home, as soon as i am done with the registration,the agency will contact you to let you know on how you will be paying for the delivery and also on how you will be receiving the baby, but first thing tomorrow after i am done with that, i will let you know on how you will be paying for the delivery .once more thanks very much"

I was still rather curious as to how I would pay the 90, so once again I asked how the payment would be made, as I was not willing to pay via debit card. This was the reply:
"Hi

I am very happy to read from you again, do not worried about the payment i will let you know as soon as i am back from the agency after registration so i will let you know every thing okay."

I didn't recieve another e-mail from the seller, but at 9.25am the following morning I recieved a phone call from an unknown number, the person on the other end of the phone claimed that it was "The Agency" calling, he asked me if I had checked my e-mail today, I had only just woke up, so I hadn't, the caller insisted I check my e-mail and said that he would call me back in 10-15 minutes.

The company advertised in the e-mail was "Air Pets Oceanic".
The e-mail contained these instructions:

"This Puppy have To come with all necessary papers needed,but as the uk vetenerian must conduct another test to be sure of the health status,It was done ,all was fine and Medication Papers were accurate ,The test Results shows that this Puppy is free from such diseases that may attack other Animals like (Dogs And Birds)..So this Puppy is now ready for delivery.But it should be noted that this process can not be carried out unless the fees for the shipment ( 80 G.B.P) is paid , This puppy will come alongside with two of our pet carriers.This payment is to be done to the Head quarters of the animal moving service in Cameroon Branch of our Delivery Service.YOU ARE REQUESTED TO PAY THE TOTAL FUND
THE PAYMENT SHOULD BE MADE VIA THESE STORES BELOW USING THE MONEYGRAM SERVICE

divine communications
208 manchester road
kearsley
Bolton BL4 8QL

BECAUSE WE HAVE THEIR UNITS AT OUR HEADQUARTERS DESIGNED FOR SUCH TRANSACTIONS,TO THE DIRECTOR OF THE INTERNATIONAL ANIMAL TRANSPORT COMPANY CAMEROON USING THE ADDRESS;
PAYMENT TO THE DIRECTOR

CITY DOUALA
ADDRESS......22 AVA AKWA PALCE
TEST QUESTION.....TO WHO?
TEST ANSWER.......MY BABY.

This payment should be done as soon as possible so this Puppy can be transported and delivered to you on time today,if the fees is not provided the puppy will not be dispatched from our detention and will spend more on daily feedings until the manager confirms the payment of the (80 G..B.P) Kindly email us with the money gram NUMBER and The names you used in sending the money as soon as the payment is done.Immediately the payment is confirmed then the Tracking Number as well as the flight receipt will be sent to you so as to ensure a 100% assurance for the transaction.
Thanks"

When I saw that the people wanting the money lived in Cameroon, I became a little suspicious, but my faith in people urged me to carry on. The 80 (Not 90) was sent by moneygram and "The Agency" called again asking for the transaction number for it. They then said it would take 30 minutes to check confirmation of the money. After 50 minutes, "The Agency" called back and asked me once again to check my e-mail. There was an e-mail entitled
"Refundable Insurance"
And described it as such:

"THIS INSURANCE FEE IS RE - FUNDED TO RECEIVER OF PET AT ARRIVAL

ONE PUPPY AT GLASGOW tested and confirmed for delivery without a comprehensive exam and treatment fee. Calculated below.
Veterinary invoice* Amount paid by policyholderBenefit schedule allowance per-incident**Amount reimbursed by VPI when puppy arrives your home Comprehensive exam and treatment fees (medications and laceration stitching) 300.00 100.00400.00
Anesthesia 300.00 80.00 340.00
Total claim amount filed with VPI AFTER ARRIVAL
760.00
VPI per-incident deductible
-80.........00
Sub-total of eligible expenses 640.00

How Reimbursements Work
Typically pet insurance provider, uses one of the three methods in determining reimbursements: listed below:
CASH ( When Pet courier arrives your Home )
BANK TRANSFER ( Three bank working days after arrival )
MASTER CARD, DEBIT CARD, VISA CARD........... ( Direct Transfer)"

After seeing that the insurance was going to cost me 640.00, I became worried and it sunk in that this was probably a scam.
After googling all the companies included in the e-mail (Air pets oceanic & VPI insurance) I noticed that they were real companies.

"The Agency" called again, asking how I would be able to pay the 640. I told the caller that I was NOT made aware of this charge, he apologized and said it needed to be paid and that the money was definatly refunded on delivery. I told him that I did not have the money at hand to which he replied "Do you need to go to the bank? How long will this take?"
I told him to give me an hour and he hung up the phone.
After doing so, we googled everything to see if this was a scam and turns out that it is!

After finding similar reports it turns out that I was also scammed, but at least I was only stung by 95.
"The Agency" are still continuing to phone me, I am afraid that if I answer I will verbally tear the caller a new one.
Its shocking that someone would do such a thing and it has now put me off looking for a puppy over the internet.

Jayjay182
Manchester
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2009 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pet-cargo-delivery-agency/nationwide/pius-atanga-sheepdog-puppy-scam-cameroon-littoral-424067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair