Complaint Review: Philips Consumer Electronics - Atlanta Georgia

• Philips Consumer Electronics
    www.philipsusa.com
    Atlanta, Georgia

Philips Consumer Electronics ripoff Atlanta Georgia

I researched TVs on the web. The Philips web site state the model 27PT8320 (27" Digital) had Picture In Picture (Dual Tuner Double Window). PIP was and is an important feature in my decision to purchase a TV. In reliance upon the Philips web site, I ordered the 27PT8320. As it turned out, the 27PT8320 does not have PIP at all. Trying to get the Philips "customer care professionals" to admit the TV did not have PIP was like pulling teeth. They finally admitted the TV did not have PIP. Then, trying to get them to admit their own web site represented the TV had PIP was also like pulling teeth. They finally admitted this too.

This is the best part: They removed the PIP representation from their web site. Then when I called back after the removal, the "customer care professionals" (after already admitting the false PIP reference on their web site) (and with full knowledge that their web site had been altered to remove the PIP representation)denied that their web site ever had the PIP representation and said I must have been mistaken. Then when I told them I had saved proof of the PIP representation on their web site the "customer care professionals" again reluctantly admitted that the web site had represented the information falsely.

Next, they promised me repeatedly that a supervisor or special tech. personell would call me. They never called. I have an answering machine. Next, they ignored my e-mails telling me to call the "customer care professionals". They gave me the run around back to square one.

One "professional" had the nerve to suggest that if I want PIP so bad, I should exchange the TV for a more expensive model with PIP and that I should pay the difference.

I feel Philips has been arrogant and deceptive.
All I have ever wanted was for Philips to make good on their web site and to give me the TV that I bargained for. I have asked Philips to step up to the plate and exchange the TV for one that does have PIP themselves (without making me pay the difference) My request has been ignored.

Please help. I believe this same rip off has victimized many other consumers. Perhaps we could all get together and sue Philips.

John
Saratoga, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2002 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/philips-consumer-electronics/atlanta-georgia/philips-consumer-electronics-ripoff-atlanta-georgia-35186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content