Report: #203849

• Platinum Benefit Group
    16807 US Hwy 19 North
    Clearwater, Florida

Platinum Benefit Group ripoff, fraud Clearwater Florida

It's scary how this company knew my bank routing # and account # - their mistake was not knowing my name. They were able to withdraw $139.00 from my account.
After days of calling I finally got someone on the phone who said I applied for a pre-pay debit card. I asked why would I do that when i have an account with a debit card?! She had no answer and hung up on me!!

Long story short - my bank refunded the money since platinum benefit group didn't have my name it was my banks error for granting that charge. I changed accounts and have been ok so far.

BUT - I want revenge. Yeah i'm a lucky one who got my money back - but it's ridiculous that this "company" hasn't been shut down yet. I'm all for a class action suit or something -- we need to band together and make this more public. Everyone out there needs to protect their accounts aganist this company.

Lynn
Deerfield Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2006 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/platinum-benefit-group/clearwater-florida-33764/platinum-benefit-group-ripoff-fraud-clearwater-florida-203849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content