X  |  CLOSE

• Poway Engineering Corp
    PO Box 65
    Poway, CA
    United States

Poway Engineering Corp Mike Devine - takes your money, doesn't do the work, then ignores your calls. Poway CA California

*Author of original report: Lies from Mike Devine

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Illegal Structures

I hired Mike Devine of Poway Engineering to permit some structures on my property. He wanted to be paid upfront, and promised that if he was not able to get the structures permitted, he would issue a partial refund of his fee ($2000). After 2 months of continually asking for updates with no information being given,  I asked for the refund. He has ignored all phone calls and emails since.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2018 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/poway-engineering-corp/poway-ca-92074/poway-engineering-corp-mike-devine-takes-your-money-doesnt-do-the-work-then-ignores-y-1456543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Lies from Mike Devine

AUTHOR: M - (United States)

POSTED: Thursday, September 27, 2018

Mike Devine is outright lying in his rebuttal. He provided no information from the county at all regarding my project. He himself was the one that promised a refund if he could not perform, and now he is denying he said that. I found out too late that he already has two complaints with the California Board of Engineers, and an unpaid fine.

I submitted my own complaint against him.  If you hire Mike Devine, he will not do the work you hire him to do, then ignore you, then lie about it when you submit reveiws trying to warn people.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Illegal Structures

AUTHOR: Michael - (United States)

POSTED: Thursday, September 27, 2018

My client had multiple illegal unpermitted residential units on a single rural lot in Ramona and was cited by the county of San Diego. She was required by the county to obtain the services of an engineer to bring her property into conformance with zoning and building codes. I was hired to provide a letter of retention, perform a site investigation, and meet at the county to research their requirements.

I met all requirements of my contract and the result was that the units were illegal and not allowed. My client requested a refund because the finding was not in her favor. I cannot change zoning and building codes and can only report the facts. My professional services do not guarantee an outcome and no refund is offered