X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Priceline.com - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: broken arrow Oklahoma
  • Priceline.com Internet U.S.A.

Priceline.com Ripoff will book your resrvation but not cancel it!! Internet

This my most recent e-mail to priceline.com. Last February I booked hotel through priceline.com. The hotel was booked for April 27th-May 4th of 2006. I canceled the reservation February 16, 2006. That was two days after I made it. It read that as long as I canceled before April no cancellation fees would be given. I had a cancellation notice and number e-mailed to me by priceline. At the bottom it read if I have any questions or comments about the cancellation I should call the hotel. We were charged by the hotel as a no show. No one ever called them. Priceline has told me I only canceled with them. My notice was to show it was canceled out of their system. Customer service just keeps telling me it was my problem b/c I never called the hotel and canceled. My thought what is the point of them booking my reservation if they won't cancel it. By the way this was not a name your own price deal. It was just a straight booking. BEWARE!!!

Thank you for your reply. I would like the name and number of a manager I could speak with. Sugar Beach Condos are not in the wrong. They never received a cancellation. The customer service rep advised me that if I had PHONED priceline and canceled they would have told me to call the hotel and cancel. Since I canceled the reservation via the website that never happened. That's my fault? I canceled the reservation TWO days after I made it. At the bottom of my cancellation notice it doesn't say you must call and cancel with the hotel. It reads if you have any cancellation questions call the hotel. I didn't have a question because I thought it was already taken care of. This would have been completely different had I received an e-mail stating I needed to call the hotel myself and cancel. That is what a travel agent/site does. They book the reservation and cancel the reservation if needed. They book the reservation without any problem but they are not responsible for canceling. A cancellation notice means that it was only canceled in the priceline system not at the actual hotel??? Why not in the future list on a cancellation notice that the CUSTOMER needs to cancel with the hotel as well. Don't put if you have any cancellation QUESTIONS call the hotel. That is misleading. Also, why not make it policy that a customer can only cancel by phone! That would have saved us $121.45. I am absolutely astonished by this. What happened to customer care?

-- Original Message ----
From: 'Customer Service
To: Mary Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 4:16:04 PM
Subject: Customer Service (KMM21896888V28495L0KM)

Dear Ms. M
Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail. We apologize for the delay in responding to your message and also if you are dissatisfied with our policies. We understand that these are your areas of concern:

1. You would like to receive a compensation for your hotel reservation.
2. You feel that if you need to call the hotel to cancel your
reservation, this information should be stated on our website.

1. Customers are our number one priority, and we work hard to make your experience with us a positive one. Our policies are modeled upon the same options allowed by our travel partners and are consistent with agreements which allow us to offer low rates.

We are sorry; we are unable to offer you a compensation for a no-show fee charged for your unused hotel reservation for St. Croix, VQ. We suggest you contact the hotel and inform them that you had cancelled
your reservation through our website (www.priceline.com) on 2/16/2006.

2. Your comments have been forwarded on to appropriate individuals for consideration.

We again apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Saumil P.
Customer Service Specialist

Mary
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2006 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pricelinecom/internet/pricelinecom-ripoff-will-book-your-resrvation-but-not-cancel-it-internet-227835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content