X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Primerica - Houston Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Houston Texas
  • Primerica Houston Texas Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Yesterday I had one of their people sat down with me and my wife. One unbelievable lie after the next. She wrestled my phone number from a family friend who seems to think this was funny telling me that she had presented financial information to them that they found it of great benefit and thought that I might find it the same. I told her I was extremely happy with my mortgage and investments but I would consider adding more life insurance to the riders on my policy. That didn't deter her.

She immediately launched into her presentation on showing us why we were in a bad mortgage and how she could help me save money on my mortgage and reinvest it to get rich. Mind you, I am 8 years into a 15 year mortgage at a 5% fixed rate that receives an extra payment each year. No problem this financial wizard tells me. We can beat that hands down. Right.

Next is the mutual fund pitch. Can you believe they have a mutual fund that has averaged a 12% return for the past 20 plus years? According to this financial genius they do. Unbelievable.

So now I am supposed to fork over all my investments to the former telephone operator. Now we are on to the life insurance. (Where we should have started) By now however after the other lies there is no way I am letting this lady sell me a policy but I figure what the hell. Lets have a little fun with this. I spit out bogus numbers of my wife and I being 40 years old. Riddled with diabetes, high blood pressure and we are both smokers (Neither of us are any of the above). I told her we had 250k apiece with 10K riders for our children.

I told her that we were 10 years into a 30 year term policy. To add the cherry I told her we got those policies for $150. After punching on her palm for about 8 minutes this wiz told me no problem they could beat that also. Jeez. I would have asked her to leave the house by now but she immediate launched into hiring us. WTF, this lady can't make up her mind if she wants to rip us off or hire us. Revenge will be mine however, I have a nut friend from Chicago who lives to play with these people. I mean he will pour a drink and shoot the crap with you a couple hours before throwing you out vulgarly. I wish I could video tape it. Be warned, these people are not out to help you.

Keith
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2006 02:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/primerica/houston-texas-77004/primericas-primerica-ripoff-houston-texasupdate-primerica-gets-a-positive-rating-from-r-204113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

RVP Number 5642 In Houston

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, August 06, 2006
So I finally get a chance to confront my family friend as to why he would give my number to these people to contact me with their crap. After calling tthe Primerica representative a couple choice adjectives. My friend tells me that the adjectives that I used did not represent the person who visited his home so he asked me to describe her in detail.

After describing her he tells me that isn't his wife's friend. He says they have no idea who that person was that came to our home. He says his wife's friend did just start a job with Primerica but he assumed that she would contact us. He said that it bothered him that his wife gave her the number but that she really put his wife on the spot so she gave her my number to get her out of their house.

Also, because I am known to be very blunt that we would have a short conversation. Turns out that this poor new agent had her leads taken by her RVP who passed herself off as the as the friend of our family friend when she contact me. I would put your name out there RVP number 5642 in Houston (Geez you all have a lot of RVPs) but you have not made contact with the name I gave you. That is going to be one home visit that is going to test your true soul as to if you are in the right field of work. I assure you of this.