Complaint Review: Quality First Home Improvement - Campbell California

• Quality First Home Improvement
    www.qualityfirsthome.com
    Campbell, California
    United States of America

Quality First Home Improvement MyContractor.com, Pacesetter Corp SCAM Campbell, California

*UPDATE Employee: Boo h*o Broke Salesman

Some companies have figured out how to make as much money off of their employees as off of their customers.  Quality First Home Improvement is just such a company.  I have no issue with "earning my stripes", or with "paying my dues".  Nobody walks into a company and is knighted President during their first week.

In the first week, I had learned our branch manager's "tells".  That is, if we played poker together he was going to lose.  It wasn't difficult to know when he was lying.  Why were my observations so astute?  Because he lied so frequently.

"Give it 90 days" = "it will take us 90 days to get our stuff together".

The salespeople are lied to from the top down, including owners Gerry Anderson and Gary Kluck.  At the time of hiring, I was told I could earn $200K+ annually here.
None of the salespeople are earning $100K annually.  None.
Is this the fault of the salespeople?  I don't believe so.

At the time of hiring, I was told that I would have 3 sales lead appointments per day: 11am, 3pm, 6pm.  That happened once in a month's time.  Some days, I had one sales lead, and some days I had zero.  "Enjoy your time off", I was told.  LOL.

The company figured out how to maximize their return: assign two salespeople to one sales appointment.  It doesn't cost the Co. anything to have two 1099 commission only salespeople drive their personal vehicles 60 miles one way to an appointment set by a disillusioned canvasser (who doesn't own a car) or a telemarketer (who also has no context or connection with the reality of driving all over the state trying to ambush homeowners who didn't want the appointment from the word "go".

When two salespeople close a deal they share the commission 50-50.  So a new guy is being trained by a veteran and the vet takes a 50% cut in his pay for doing this.  This happens nowhere else in the 20+ years of the real business world that I've seen.  It's nice that the Co. can get away with it, but it does nothing to motivate salespeople.

They preach the value of knocking on doors surrounding the home of your appointment.  You can earn another 5% commission if you write a contract.  It's positioned invertedly to the sales team.  Knocking on doors will be the bread-and-butter while sales lead appointments set by the marketing department are the gravy of the business.

At the time of hiring, I was told that a new office would soon be opened near my home.  Eventually, I would be working from that office.  Meanwhile, drive to the nearest office.  I have no problems with that arrangement.  The problems arise when a few of us are then subjected to developing the territory for the new office, driving through agricultural fields and passing up literally 42,000 homes with double the disposable income along the way.

Meanwhile, many homeowners know the costs of projects (thanks, internet) and laugh at the over-inflated costs quoted in their homes.  Why would a hard-working person pay double for a roof or paint or gutters or insulation or siding or solar?  So, the salespeople are instructed to sell the job at the lowest possible price according to the price book -- earning them zero commission.

Would you want to drive 1:52:00 to work for 3 hours and earn nothing while your branch manager, sales manager, and the company still earn money on that job you just sold?  That's what they wanted us to do.  I've always been a company man, and I'll drink the Kool-Aid, but you have to put some sugar in it.

Cross reference and research Pacesetter and MyContractor.com -- as these two companies are the previous iterations of Quality First Home Improvement.  Same management team, same methods of operation, same bull jive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2009 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/quality-first-home-improvement/campbell-california-95008/quality-first-home-improvement-mycontractorcom-pacesetter-corp-scam-campbell-california-482435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Boo h*o Broke Salesman

AUTHOR: Asian Persuasion - (United States of America)

It looks to me like that has been written by a very unsuccessful salesman. If you really think about it, if he was told that he could make 200K his first year, he should of worked extra hard for it because just like any job that pays on commission base only, the income potential is endless. But that is not why I'm writing this rebuttal. I just got upset after reading that part about how he has to drive 60 miles to an appointment set by a disillusioned canvasser who doesn't own a car. First off, if he was a real salesman he should not have any problems canvassing for his own appointments. That way he already have rapport with the prospects from the beginning of his sales presentation. Secondly, I would like to say that the appointments that are set by these canvassers are actually very strong leads for the salesman because they set the appointments at the door with the homeowners. I should know because I am one of these canvassers for Quality First Home Improvements. I don't know how it was last year when this gentleman wrote this complaint about my company, but since I've been working here I've had no complaints from the salesmen. My job is to go out to neighborhoods with the canvassing team(which has been kicking some a*s lately) and go door to door to schedule appointments for the sales guys to sell the company's products. I have a very deep understanding of how the quality of our leads could sometimes make it or break it for our sales rep so we go out and do the best job we can. We make sure that every salesman gets 3 appointments a day.If they could sell it or not is totally up to them. The guy that wrote this complaint sounds like he would never make it in any sales job really, because he blames everything but himself. I felt compelled to set the record straight that Quality First Home Improvements is not a bad company like the way the whining sales guy made it appear to be.