X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resorts - Orlando Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Attalla Alabama
  • Ramada Plaza Resorts ramadaplazaresorts.com Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Ramada Plaza Resorts No pressure sale, just fill out a survey Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: I get mail offers for these great deals and I shred them!

We got a phone call from RPR (it hides under the name of Vacation Villas) saying that we could have this great vacation package to 5 beautiful locations. All we had to do was ride thru their villas and fill out a survey. (take about 20 minutes)

Well what the lady said on the phone was far from the truth. We were both on the phone with her and we both ask her several times about going to a sales presentation, and she said NO you will not have to go to a sales pitch. We arrived in Orlando at the Ramada on E192 the 1st room smelled like cat dodo. We call the welcome center and they transfered us to the front desk and they change our room. Guess what it smelt like cat dodo too.

2 weeks before we left for the trip i had my wife call to just make sure that there would be no sales pitch. They again said NO pitch. At the welcome center is were the nightmare started we found out we did have to attend a pitch.

We accepted the fact( after a long phone call to RPR) that we had to go to the sales pitch. 90 minutes and we would be done. Well 90 min. was as they say just the tip of the iceburg. 3 1/2 hrs later, after we got upset we were told to find our own way back to our vehicle, and that if we came back in the building we would be arrested.

We are in the process of trying to get our money back will let you know how it goes.

RUN VERY FAST FROM THIS COMPANY. GOOD LUCK

Tim
Attalla, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2006 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ramada-plaza-resorts/orlando-florida/ramada-plaza-resorts-no-pressure-sale-just-fill-out-a-survey-orlando-florida-204764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I get mail offers for these great deals and I shred them!

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, August 06, 2006
I use them to test our shredder- a 15-sheet ROYAL unit I bought at Sam's for $95 or so. Now Sam's sells a 16-sheet version! I suggest you buy one.

Dropping those mailings into the shredder is SUCH a SATISFYING feeling!

Understand that now YOU will now be on ALL of the Time-Share-Sales mailing lists. Enjoy!

I read up on these "deals" years ago, and the common themes were that

1. Many of them offer time-share accomodations just as bad as, or even worse than, your motel rooms;
2. If you do buy, you may find that the management fees can be a ripoff in their own right;
3. And if you do manage to buy into a nice one, going to the same place for your vacation year after year becomes a drag.

Get that paper shredder! NOW!