X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Randy Borden, B&W Home Improvements - Staten Island New York

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Brooklyn New York
  • Randy Borden, B&W Home Improvements P.O. Box 1170 Staten Island, New York U.S.A.

Randy Borden, B&W Home Improvements Took $3500 from me for home repairs and disappeared Staten Island New York

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Overview: Contractor takes $3500 deposit, works 3 days, disappears.
On 12/13/08 I signed a $7000 contract with Randy Borden, owner of B&W Home Improvements. License #1153544, to: install 4 new aluminum windows and 2 support posts; repair and insulate a bay window extension. He asked for and received a 50% deposit of $3500 to begin work and cashed that check on 12/16. He was due to start on 12/17. He didn't show up or return any calls for the next 6 weeks. He showed up on 1/23, worked that day and 1/26. On 1/26 he told me the repair job was more extensive than he'd thought and he couldn't fix it. He said he'd paint, patch, install posts and windows and reduce the job price to $4200. He worked on 1/27 and said at the end of the day that he'd finished the repairs and painting and would install the windows on 2/2. That was the last I saw of him.

On 1/31, I received at least 5 frantic phone calls asking for $700. The contract stated 'half up front, half on completion', so I didn't give him any more money at that time. I never heard or saw him again. I called repeatedly and never got an answer. On 2/8, I noticed that one of the support poles he'd installed was so poorly done that it had fallen over. (Pictures available).

Two weeks ago in an attempt to find him, I called the references he'd given me; one phone number was out of service. Another was a subcontractor who'd get jobs from Randy. He was also looking for Randy since Randy owed him money. (Names available if needed). He also said that Randy's Staten Island store was shuttered. When I called Randy two weeks ago, I discovered that his cell phone was disconnected. I guess it's easy to take advantage of a single woman, but it really stinks.

Karen
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/randy-borden-bw-home-improvements/staten-island-new-york-1303/randy-borden-bw-home-improvements-took-3500-from-me-for-home-repairs-and-disappeared-st-433578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair