Complaint Review: RD Automotive - Stockton California

• RD Automotive
    4119 Coronado Ave. Suite 5
    Stockton, California
    United States

RD Automotive Tried to "upsale' brake pads that DIDNT need to be replaced Stockton California

*Author of original report: Similar experience

The employees are NOT ASE certified mechanics. There is AWFUL rap music blaring out of one section of the shop. The mechanic who did the oil change told me that my truck needed new brake pads AND rotors. I told him that was impossible. I had just changed the brake pads AND rotors 2 months earlier. I said that I wanted to see what he was talking about and I was told that my truck was already down off of the lift so I would just have to take his word for it. He also told me that he has "been doing this for a long time and he knows what he's talking about." So, I asked to talk to the manager or owner and I was told that the owner was too busy at the time and he would call me later that day. He never called me back. Very unprofessional and dishonest. Never again!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2018 10:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rd-automotive/stockton-california-95204/rd-automotive-tried-to-upsale-brake-pads-that-didnt-need-to-be-replaced-stockton-califo-1448157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Similar experience

AUTHOR: Greta - (United States)

I had a similar experience with this place too. I took my car there for an oil change and I was told that I needed to have my transmission serviced. I told them that I wasnt having any problems with the transmission. I was then told that the fluid was dirty and needed to be changed. I said so first you said i need a transmission SERVICE. Now you say its just the fluid needs to be changed. Which is it? I was told that the transmission could fail at any time due to the dirty transmission fluid and then it would cost a lot more to replace the transmission. I declined the transmission service and I told the mechanic that I heard that it wasn't good to mess with the transmission fluid and the newer cars are designed to have the fluid last for the lifetime of the car. The mechanic shrugged and said that he just knows that the fluid is dirty and I needed to have it changed. I again declined the service. When I got home I could smell burnt oil so I opened the hood and there was oil everywhere!! And I saw that my oil cap was missing. I immediately called RD Automotive and told them about it. I was told to drive the car back to the shop and they would fill the oil up to where it should be and they would "STEAM clean" the engine compartment for free to clean up the oil. I drove my car back and while it was being cleaned I went to the cleaning bay to watch and it WASN'T being STEAM cleaned. It was a PRESSURE WASH! TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. I told them to stop. I wanted my car back NOW. The mechanic tried to argue but I threatened to call BAR. He then gave my keys back and I left. Never again will I go to that place!