X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
As a new immigrant to Canada, I started to apply for jobs two months before I arrived to Canada by posting my resume on the main websites of jobs (like workopolis, jobcanada, monster, etc) and I was surprised and happy to receive an email from a recruiter from my country telling me that he is impressed with my experience and he has a client who would be interested to see my resume and asked for my permission to forward it to him, so I told him that he can forward it to them but informed him about my date of arrival to Canada and that I will not be available for an interview before that date.

After a week of my arrival, I received a call from RDG referring to the previous email and asking me to go for an interview. I went to an impressive office location in downtown Toronto and the vice president welcomed me and talked to me most of the time about how good is his company is and showed me a video about RDG and their achievements. He asked me few questions about my resume and said that with their services I could get a job easily and then asked me to fill out a form and gave me another page which was supposed to be filled by my wife and asked me to come for a second interview on the next day but with my wife to discuss the contract with them!

As new to this country and desperate to have a good start, we thought that this is how the recruiters work here. On the 2nd interview! He started to talk about RDG capabilities and how they will put together a good structured resume and introduce my profile to employers and would get me a decent job in my field with a maximum of 4 months and then he gave us a contract and left the room. It was a 5000CAD to be paid in advance for a three years contract and 1000CAD when they get me a job above for 80,000 per annum or above. Off course we were hesitant and at the same time we see an opportunity to get a job quickly without Canadian experience through this agency.

After that I realized that the service of putting the right resume and having an employment counsellor is a free service offered to new immigrant s and this service was more efficient than them because after one month I wasn't even given the first draft of resume!

I wish I had seen this site before I signed that paper and pay that amount of money ...I will not continue going to their office and want to cancel the contract because they have not finished the first point from the first phase of it.
So please if anyone can help me and advice how I can get my money back.

Zeezoo
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rdg-group-international/toronto-ontario-m5h-2s6/rdg-group-international-rdg-group-international-suck-me-in-toronto-ontario-476145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair