X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Pamela — Annandale Virginia United States of America
  • Real Smart Mail LLC Internet United States of America

Real Smart Mail LLC Unauthorized charges to Verizon telephone bill via Payment One billing service Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: PaymentOne Response

I was shocked to discover that a company called Payment One had been billing my Verizon phone number for $14.95 plus taxes and other fees on behalf of someone called Real Smart Mail.  Since I don't EVER charge any fees to my Verizon account except for Verizon provided services, I was more than a little shocked.  I have written to Verizon demanding that they cease payment and put in safeguards to prevent all future charges from non-Verizon parties.   I have sent e-mail to Payment One advising them that this is an unauthorized charge.  It's too late to reach anyone else to discuss this.   I will be reporting this as a criminal matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2011 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/real-smart-mail-llc/internet/real-smart-mail-llc-unauthorized-charges-to-verizon-telephone-bill-via-payment-one-billin-741321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

PaymentOne Response

AUTHOR: PaymentOne Consumer Help - (USA)

POSTED: Thursday, July 21, 2011
PaymentOne is a billing aggregator which provides billing services to hundreds of merchant companies.

If you are being billed by PaymentOne and have questions about the charge(s) and are not able to reach our merchant, please contact PaymentOne directly.

Contact PaymentOne Consumer Relations Department by email at Consumerhelp@paymentone.com or by calling us at 1-866-262-3591
[Mon-Fri 8AM-4:30PM PST]