Complaint Review: Regent Financial Group - Nationwide

Nationwide
    United States of America

Regent Financial Group PROMISED LOAN NEVER RECEIVED IT lost $2570 Nationwide

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Valid accusation, but wrong company

I sent in upfront payments and never received the loan.  Andrew Davis and Diane Cutler were three I dealt with.  When the loan did not show up as promised, I called the listings online for Regent Financial Group and spoke with Nick. I was told that they had became aware of the situation when somenone faxed the app to them instead of Orlando Fla.  I was told by Nick that all they were required to do was to make a report to the FTC.  I called the FTC and was told by them that they just watched until a pattern is formed. I filed my complaint with the FTC also.

Today I spoke to a Ryan Thomas and was told the same thing.  He nor any one else I spoke with could not or would not answer why they did not use their legal dept to stop this from happening and he told me they did not have a legal dept.

I feel that they should have gotten themselves an attorney and stopped this, so that we would not have been scammed.

I am going to file with the BBB in each of the three states they show offices in. I would ask that everyone else do the same.

(((REDACTED – 12/15/2017)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2010 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/regent-financial-group/nationwide/regent-financial-group-promised-loan-never-received-it-lost-2570-nationwide-551031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Valid accusation, but wrong company

AUTHOR: Tad V - (United States of America)

Dear sir, I'm deeply sympathetic to your situation as you are one of several folks who have called into our offices located here in the Midwest complaining about your experiences with a company which shares our same name but is based out of Orlando, Florida.  This is every good business owners nightmare of a scenario as you can imagine.  To prove we are not at all related with the Orlando, Florida company, I offer you and others who may check this post the following information.  My partners and I started Regent Financial Group, Inc in August of 2000 as a mortgage company only.  We don't do any other type of loan, just residential mortgages.  We are a Direct Endorsed lender by HUD.  Our website is www.regentfinancial.com which shows our locations in Omaha, Wichita, and Tulsa.  It also shows the number of achievements we've accumulated over the years with the Omaha Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau.  In fact, we just won "Best of Omaha 2010" in the mortgage broker catagory from Omaha Magazines annual survey.  We're very proud of that one because it's voted on by the people of the Greater Omaha area.  You can't conduct bad business and achieve this kind of recognition.

Bottom line, I personally started a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigation by calling 1-877-FTC-HELP the minute I heard these calls were coming in from the folks in my office.  The gentleman I spoke with at the FTC gave me a reference #24863179 to give to future callers inquiring about this Florida company.  All of my employees were notified to give this information out to anyone who called about this Florida company in the future.

Again, I feel terrible about what this Florida company has pulled, but I can assure you, they are definitely not this Regent Financial Group.