X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Reinhart Automotive - Jacksonville Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: jacksonville Florida
  • Reinhart Automotive 3020 Bravo Ct. ... Jacksonville, FL, 32225 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Reinhart Automotive Cannot troubleshoot to correct problem way overpriced totally distroyed my engine lies about repairs retired navy teacher?? Not a mech.! Orange Park Or Jacksonville florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Consumer complaint the person filing this report did not own the car in question,

The owner is a retired teacher - not a mech!! He totally ruined a good motor with only 40k on it. He said the radiator was good and it wasn't- car overheated and blown the head. He lied after the fact and said the radiator wasn't good for a while.?? He screwed up and then started to try to lie his way out of it. We went there to fix the radiator!!! I will never use him again... I am thinking of a law-suit!!!

Ed
jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2004 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/reinhart-automotive/jacksonville-florida-32225/reinhart-automotive-cannot-troubleshoot-to-correct-problem-way-overpriced-totally-distroye-94001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Dennis - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Here are the facts in this complaint, I have over twenty years experience in the Automobile industry, the person filing this report did not own the car in question, his girlfriend did, she bought this used Nissan 200 SX for her teenage daughter from a private owner, as is no warranty, they drove the car home, and it badly overheated before they even got the car home.

They had the car towed to a Nissan dealership here, and they told them the car had damage and a bad radiator and that dealership wrote a repair estimate for over 1500.00 dollars. They called my company and had the car towed there, we determined the radiator was fine but the car had a bad thermostat and the water temperature sending unit was unplugged so they would have no way of knowing if the car was running hot.

We changed the thermostat and oil flushed the radiator at a cost of about 300.00. We test drove the vehicle and it ran fine, two days later it was towed back in with no water in the radiator, we paid the tow charge, the man filing this report told me point blank on the phone he suspected the daughter had tampered with the car, because she did not like the used car that was bought for her, I told this to the mother, I also stated we did not see any evidence of this accusation.

They had the car towed to another Nissan dealership and we paid the tow charge, that dealer ship told them there was nothing wrong with the radiator, but the thermostat housing was warped, they filed a complaint through the BBB of Jacksonville this was arbitrated through them and it was settled to there satisfaction part of that settlement was this report was to be removed from the Internet, as you can see it has not.

My company paid all the charges at Mike Shad Nissan, My company has a complete satisfactory record with the North East Better Business Bureau any one can look this up.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair