AAMCO Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Aamco

There may be more reports for "Aamco"

For more results perform a general search for "Aamco"

Showing 76-100 of 876 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Aamco"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

May 03 2012
Aamco rip-off Pearl River, New York, Internet
We took our car to the local dealership for a diagnostics test as the transmission light was flashing. W went to a local AAMCO shop in Pearl River, NY. We were met by Chris the owner and he advised that they could rebuild the transmission, and said that they could start on it immediately but would not have an idea of the extent until the next day or so. I asked him for a written estimate of the work and he said he wouldnt know that until he looked at the transmission. After a few days we spoke and he advised that it would be 800.00 to take it apart and start the work, and that he estimated the job to be around $3,000 dollars which would include the standard rebuild kit. He also advised that price could be reduced a little if we were to pay him in cash - a point that was stressed several times, and should have been a clear indication. He advised however that the $800.00 required to start the job would be included into the overall costs if we proceeded with the job and that all he needed was a verbal ok to start. Once i said, okay to him, he started to work on the car and next week he said the car was ready. I went to pick it up and when i was driving home i had the same problem occur. I then called him back regarding this issue and he said bring the car back and drop it off. I bought the car back and he said he would work on it. Following week he called me saying its oxygen sensor issue and you need to have that fixed. So i bought my car to auto garage and asked him to take a look at it and he said its a transmissions issue not oxygen sensor. So i called chris and told him its not the sensor its the transmission and i dropped the car back to his garage in Pearl river. My car is still sitting there and he doesnt want to fix the car. I paid him $3000 in cash (i know i made a mistake) and my car is still not fixed. I have called the AAMCO headquarters and left many voicemails and no one has got back to me yet. This is really frustrating, I am out of car and $3000. If anyone has any suggestions please reply back.
Entity: , Internet
77, Report #931917
Aug 24 2012
Aamco Russ my way or the highway Arvada, Colorado
says never had an issue with trust before, so why not let me see all new parts installed? buyer beware of old parts being reused.
Entity: Arvada, Colorado
78, Report #194120
May 31 2006
AAMCO ripoff Patchogue New York
I originally took my Jeep in with a problem that I thought was a transmission. When I first took it in they charged me 39.95 for an external diagnosics. (for those of you that don't know there is a internet coupon to get this for free). Exactally what is external Diagnostic. They drive your car around the block and come back just to tell you the problem is internal. This requires them to open up the Transmission. Now thye have those fancy computers to tell them where to look etc. To have them open up my tranny it is going to cost me another 1500. Well I had all this done got an overhaul on the tranny to get my Jeep back and the problem still exist. WOW!! Alot of $$$$ to still have the problem. Now they tell me that the locking mechanism needs replaced. OK why didn't you replace this with the overhaul. Once again get it back still have the problem. TPS now needs replaced. Well to make a long story short I didn't need any of this CRAP! The problem was in the ENGINE and the mechanic that has my Jeep now said had the problem been caught in the beginning I WOULD NOT NEED A NEW ENGINE NOW! I tried to do the right thing and go back to AAMCO and see if they would resolve this BIG problem for me and they stated that I told them to just do the overhaul and touch nothing else. VERY UNTRUE! I JUST WANTED MY JEEP FIXED PROPERLY! IS THAT SO HARD TO ASK. NOW I HAVE TO SINK ANOTHER $2500 FOR A NEW ENGINE. MARK patchogue, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Patchogue, New York
Nov 12 2007
AAMCO The owner Sanford Mintz is a SCAMMER!! Chicago Illinois
It is my intent that everyone who does a search on this place gets this message and found out about my bitter experience at this particular AAMCO shop. The owner of this place, SANFORD MINTZ, an eighty year old guy about 5'8, also known as SAMMY, SANDY, ripped me off $2,891.00 on a transmission, he never fixed, this incompetent old crook had my car in his garage for almost six months. He made me paid him in advanced $2000 and the remaining on the day that I picked up my car, and when I did, I realized the car was not fixed. I took this case to small claims court, which resulted in judgement on my favor, but this old crook has paid up yet. All this nightmare goes back since May 2006, it's been a year and six months so far. Heed my words, take your car somewhere else. I have proof of everything said here. write to me if you have any questions at gersontech(at)yahoo(d0t)c0m. But whatever you do...don't go to this particular AAMCO SHOP. In Spanish, cometi el error de llevar mi carro a esta mecanica, donde SANFORD MINTZ, dueno de este lugar me cobro $2,891.00 por una transmission que nunca arreglo, este senor es un viejito como de 80 anos, va tambien con sobrenombre the SAMMY o SANDY. Este ladron me dijo que le pagara por adelantado $2000, y el resto $891.00 en el dia que recojiera el carro. Cuando lo hice y pague el resto, al manejar mi carro me di cuenta que no habia arreglado mi transmission. Es viejito se nego a devolverme el dinero. Lo lleve a corte y gane pero hasta ahora no he recibido mi dinero. Todo esto empezo cuando lleve mi carro a AAMCO que esta en la 2157 N. Cicero Ave en Chicago, IL en Mayo del 2006, ya ha pasado 1 ano y seis meses. TENGAN MUCHO CUIDADO CON ESTE ANCIANO, TE PUEDE HACER LO MISMO. Estarias mejor en cualquier otro lugar. Si tienen alguna pregunta escribanme a gersontech(at)yahoo(d0t)C0M. Todo lo que digo aqui es verdad y tengo pruebas de todo. Gerson Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Chicago, Illinois
Feb 21 2008
Aamco Ripped me off totally Oak Park Illinois
My car was towed to Aamco I was told what parts that I needed to replace. .They replaced the parts. Once the parts were changed I found out that I was paying $1,974 for a tune up on a 1998 volkswagen. Paulette richton park, IllinoisU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Oak Park, Illinois
Feb 09 2007
Aamco I WAS DECEIVED AND CHEATED New Castle Delaware
My daughter's 1993 Saab automatic transmission was failing. The Saab service center said it would cost $3600 for rebuilt trans. Called Aamco and they said it would cost $1800. The also offered a 2 year 2400 mile or 3 year 3600 mile extended warrenty for an additional costs. I decided to take the car there since my daughter was going to college in Conneticut and they have service center there in case of any problems. They needed a deposit of $600 to start the repair. I was informed that the cost would be almost $3600 because of worn and other parts needed. I told them to go ahead with the job since I was out $600 for them to take it apart. When the car was done I asked for the 3 year 3600 mile warrenty. The service writter said the owner will not give me the 3 year warrenty, but will offer 2 year 2400 mile warrenty at no addional costs. What could I do, I had no recourse but to pay and take the car. My daughter had another year and a half of school and she would be home. After driving the car for a week, the transmission was slipping from 1st to 2nd from the get-go. We brought the car back and they said they would change the fluid and adjust it. It still slipped some after that. I called again and said she had to go back to school in a few days. I was told to have her drive it and if it got worse, to take it to the shop in Conn. Just less than 2 years later the reverse did not work suddenly. I immediately took the car back and the service writter(new person). He look up our record and got the milage off the car. He took out his calculater and said the milage was 24600 (600 miles past the warrenty)since they repaired it. He would have the cars trans examined and talk to the owner of the shop and get back to me. I asked him if he could have the owner call me to explain it because I had a funny feeling they would not fix it. Next day the service writter calls and tells me they can fix the trans for $2400 and give a 1 year 1200 mile warrenty.I said that was ridicules and could I talk to the owner about this and possibley negotiate it. I was told he was not there. Later I went there to pick up the car and asked to see the owner. He said he was not in. I started to tell him that fell I was cheated and rip off and that they could do something about it since it was only 600 miles past. All of a sudden a big man comes into the office and starts yelling at me. Said the transmision fluid was a quart low and it was burnt. Kindly take your car keys and get out. I went to our Saab service and we checked the trans fluid. It was full and a nice brite red. I was told by them that I probably had no recourse to do anythin about this since the cars warrenty was over the 2400 miles. If anybody out there can help me out or has any good advice on what I can do about it, please let me know. Thanks, Rich from Newark, Delaware Rich Newark, DelawareU.S.A.
Entity: New Castle, Delaware
82, Report #219782
Nov 09 2006
Aamco Transmissions ripoff dishonest unprofessional Pueblo Colorado
Our transmission went out in our truck right after my husband had been involved in a rollover accident that totalled one of our cars. Aamco knew this, he told them. We had it towed there to get an estimate. The estimate was $2900.00. The manager stated that he 'would work on it for us'. The second quote was $2,600.00. Then they proceeded to tell us that there were other things wrong with the vehicle that needed to be replaced. On the second night it was there, someone vandalized five vehicles in their parking lot; ours was one of them. They called the police the following morning, but never notified us. My husband had called that morning and was told nothing. I called later that afternoon and after speaking with the store manager for approx. 20 min. was told by him ,'oh by the way, someone smashed your window out and stole your speakers.' They did replace the window, however now they are giving me the runaround in replacing the speakers. They refuse to give me the name of their insurance company. The day we found out, I showed up to pay the cost of pulling the transmission out with a tow truck to get it out of there. My husband showed up there about an hour after I left to find out if I did get it out okay, and the store manager was very rude to him, telling him that I said things about my husband to the manager that were untrue. He tried to start a fight between us. When confronted later on speaker phone, the manager then tried to back out of it. They also removed the flywheel from my truck and never put it back in the vehicle. We fixed the transmission ourselves (a transmission costs approx. $1100.00), but I had to track down the flywheel as they never even called to notify me that it had been left there. I would never do business with this company based on the unprofessionalism, their attitudes, they have no security on their lot--I also found out this has been a continuous problem with vandalism on their property for at least 1 1/2 yrs. and they have done nothing to protect their customers vehicles. Annette Pueblo, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Pueblo, Colorado
Apr 26 2004
AAMCO Total fraudulent job repair Dayton Ohio
I noticed a noise in my 95'mustang gt took it too AAMCO on Salem Ave because I thought they could help me. The person told me no problem he would listen too it I thought in actuality that it was clutch work but he told me that the noise I was hearing was not the clutch he advised a transimission I was hesitant but agreed because he and the men showed me some parts saying this is why the noise occured. I paid 1500 dollars for a used transmission and from that day every thing was ok so for 2 1/2 months no problems I parked the car in the garage due to the winter weather. In June 2003 the same noise reaccured that I originally to it took it to them for repair and I took it back to them major problems arose they didnt want to repairmy car; my trunk of my car was damaged ;I made a report to the disrict manager the issue was not resolved the mechanics got nasty with the d/m. The d/m advised me to call corporate which I thought justice would be done till this day no justice from AAMCO do not recommend to deal with this branch on Salem Ave they should be closed. Corporate advised not to take back to Salem location. Took the car to another company they recommend to take to a transmission shop. Gwendolyn Dayton, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Dayton, Ohio
84, Report #20261
May 06 2002
AAMCO ripoff abused & mistreated Atlanta Georgia
My car broke down in the beginning of December of 2001. I called AAMCo to repair my car in which the total cost was $2,462.00 and some change. Due to my financial status, Dave, the mananger, made an agreement for me to Pay when I can. I made my first payment of $1,000.00 in January of 2002. On May 3, 2002, my finance company paid the balance of 1,462 and change to AAMCO. When I picked up my car the following items were removed: Jumper cables, Tool box, the passenger side front tire cap on my rim, and to top it off my battery!!! In which i found out later that day...I purchased my battery from an Auto Zone here in Atlanta. The battery in my car was a NASCAR battery and Auto Zone does not sell those. Needless to say that I am in there computer system. So there's the proof that someone switched batters from my car. Due to my financial situation, I just want to say that I do appreciate the business in repairing my car, but to take my items was not necessary. The thing that is so disappointing that when i called AAMCO the same day I picked my car up Mr. Dave told me that He didn't know anything about it, but if it mean that much to me that he will replace only my cap. Nothing else .....And to think about 4 months my car was there on his property and that he could have charged me a property fee. Which is has nothing to do with my items being taken. Something needs to be done. I need to be reinburst or i will be this report in the newspaper!!!! and call my attorney!!! Shannon Atlanta, Georgia
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Jun 17 2007
AAMCO TOTAL SCAM ARTISTS LISLE IL SINCE CLOSED NOW RIPOFF Internet
I was a 15yo boy with my mom and went for a super low priced coupon, (this was in the 1980s but I am so enraged about what they did) 39.00 for a trans fluid change at ammoco transmission shop. They did the change and everything seemed fine, then suddenly, they call my mom to the back office. They seemed to want me to stay in the waiting room. So fat guy named Joe had my mom in the office and I was waiting for what seemed at least a 1/2 hour. Now I was a smart 15yo, and I figured they would try and brainwash my mom into getting a new transmission. Now our trans was a GM turbo 350. These units are rock solid, and almost NEVER fail, even when they do, they usually take a long time with many symtoms before they actually total go out. We never ran out of fluid, never towed anything and never beat it much, so I knew something scammy was up. I bolted into the back office, and found my mom actually crying, I asked what was going on, the the fat guy Joe told me to go back into the waiting room. I refused, he got I rate with me, and I told him I would call the police next door if he refused to let me sit in with my mom. He backed off. So, he was telling my mom, he found major problems with the trans, and they needed to remove it, and take it apart to see what was wrong with it. Enough said, I refused, and demanded to put new oil in and where leaving, he finally did after another 1/2 of haggling. Transmission shops are mostly scams! J Aur, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Mar 11 2013
Aamco transmission Terrible service Atlanta, Georgia
Aamco transmission on northside in Atlanta, ga is a total rip off! My husband recently went there to get his transmission fixed. First of all they gave him a set price over the phone, and when we arrived there, it was a thousand dollars more! A couple days passed and he didn't hear a word from them. He had to call up there! They told us that they were working on it, but they're extremely busy at the moment. And we drove past there a couple days later and his truck was still parked on the side. Like it had never been touched! They told him the price would be no more than 1800 but he ended up paying 2600
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Jun 19 2013
Entity: jacksonville, Florida
88, Report #1198445
Dec 30 2014
aamco Disrespectful, Belligerant, Untrustworthy Los Angeles California
I wasn't only duped, I was accosted and assaulted.  This was probably the worst experience I've had in recent memory.  Honestly, I still can't believe what happened.  2 years ago I had the transmission in my F150 rebuilt at this shop.  At the time, I was debating whether to do the work or just trade it in.  The salesman who is also the manager, Vince, convinced me to do the work and promised that I would not have any problems after the work was done and a great warranty if I did.  He claimed that he had 3 F150's and he knew exactly how to fix it.  Under 2 years and only 9000 miles later my truck started throwing transmission malfunction errors.  I made an appointment and brought my Truck in for service.  A few days had passed and the shop hadn't called, so I called them to check in.  They explained that they found the problem, that a valve needed to be replaced.  They explained that if they couldn't find the valve, the would replace the valve body.  9 days later I got a call that they were ready to do the repair, but that I would have to pay for the electronic components that needed to be replaced.  I stated that I was disappointed.  This goes completely against what I was told when I had the initial work done.  I was offered a free oil change for my trouble.  When I declined the $15 oil change, Vince said that he would see what he could do.  When I arrived to pick up the truck, I was simply given the bill for the $288.85 with no mention of anything else.  I paid it and left.When I got to my truck and opened the door, not only was the truck filthy on the outside, but my light tan leather drivers seat was smeared and covered in oil.  The inside of the door panel was dirty from dirty hands and the paper on the floor mat, covered in mud was not even removed.  I returned to the office and told Vince of what I found.  Instead of coming out to see it himself, he sent a worker to clean it.  The worker wiped it for a few seconds and told me it was clean.  I explained that it wasn't at which time he exclaimed you're full of s***  and repeated it several times.  I returned to the office, quite angry and stated that the employee had just told me that I was full of s***.  Vince lured me outside and immediately got in my face.  I asked him if he wished to fight me and he accused me of disrupting his business.  I repeated again what the worker had said to me.  At this point, Vince turned to my vehicle and looked inside.  With the worker still arguing that it was clean, I tried to say something.  Vince cut me off and stated I have 3 F150's, I know the truck very well.  Not sure what that meant.   I asked him if they used seat covers when they worked on the truck.  He stated we have them.  I asked him if they used them, he admitted they don't.  After inspecting the seat, he turned to me and asked me what I wanted to happen.    I simply stated that I wanted my seat cleaned.  He went inside.  HIs worker returned with some cleaner and after a few minutes it was clean.  As I got into my truck to leave, the worker who had the passenger side door open tried to continue to argue with me.  I just told him to get out.  After repeating myself a few times as he continued to argue, he closed the door and I left.  I'm taking the time to write this review because what happened at this shop, to me goes so far beyond the simple fact that they lied to me when I had the work done initially.  They're irresponsible and disrespectful.  I do not recommend this shop.  I don't trust them and I didn't need the aggravation.
Entity: Los Angeles, California
Apr 01 2013
AAMCO-Waldorf No repair, no parts!!! Waldorf, Maryland
I just found this site and I wanted to share what happened to me in 2008 when my minivan  went to this shop: I will give credit where it's due, my van  was towed from my home and  taken in- no charge. My transmission was busted. After the diagnostic service and I was quoted for the repairs of over $2000 for a 1999 vehicle and  was too high for me to pay in a reasonable time frame. (The cost was close to half of the vehicle's value, and I had no plans on keeping it to the lifetime warranty). After a lengthy haggle from the shop rep to get it repaired any kind of way- which was still too expensive,  he let the matter go. All I had to do was pay the diagnostic fee and get it towed home.  And this is where things went sour: 1. I did not receive a report as to what was wrong with my transmission. 2. The attitude change from the staff went from all text book to downright neglectful. 3. The Tow truck driver did not give me the extra time to get to my home and move some other vehicles about my yard which i was less than 10 minutes away. I  arrived, the van was delivered and it was literary threw it in my driveway where i did not want it to be (with no transmission since i could not move it under power. 4. The Tow truck driver in his haste scraped my full sized van that I had purchased while the mini van was in the shop and left a trail of red paint along the side. 5. Lastly, the transmission casing was left in the trunk area with NO internal parts whatsoever! I am sure that some of the components were usable, and I WANTED to see the damaged ones.  In the time that has passed, I have had many offers from potential buyers even if they hand to make repairs but no one wanted to be stuck with a full rebuilt transmission purchase.  I learn to let some things go and is the past 5 years I did my best to do just that. However this mini van is still in my yard unmovable and it's a constant reminder how I got the shaft with no gear lube. *picture pending*
Entity: Waldorf, Maryland
Apr 22 2001
AAMCO Transmission Indianapolis Indiana
I had (I say had, because since September 5, 2000, AAMCO Transmission at 4016 N. Keystone Ave., Indianapolis, IN has had my van) a 1992 Dodge Caravan. The biggest mistake of my life was having it taken there. I had it picked up on a flat-bed and transported to the AAMCO since I didn't want it driven until it was fixed (the transmission had just been totally re-built and all it needed was a front pump seal). After almost 2 weeks of putting me off and giving members of my family, myself, and finally, my regular mechanic different stories, they told me that the transmission was totalled and would have to be completely rebuilt at a cost of between $1500. - $2000.!!! I explained that, that was impossible, the transmission had just been re-built and had not been driven even a complete mile since the re-build. The shop manager laughed in my face when I told him I planned to contact the corporate office concerning what I considered to be fraud on their part!!! To make a long story short, I have retained an attorney. I am also filing a complaint with the State's Attorney General and am planning on contacting the local newspapers and all the television news Ask Channel... For Help shows. All I can say is .... if you have a regular mechanic that you can trust - wait until he has time to take care of your vehicle before you take it to AAMCO. Without a doubt, if you are female and they think they can get away with it - you're in for a major rip-off.
Entity: Indianapolis, Indiana
Jul 24 2013
AAMCO Transmissions Deceptive Lake Forest California
  I recently found myself in need of a transmission repair and much to my disappointment ended up at AAMCO Transmission in Lake Forest.  I knew keeping my vehicle at the dealership would be a costly mistake for this type of repair and decided to call around for additional quotes prior to making any rash decisions.   I then called AAMCO Transmission in Lake Forest as I thought they were a reputable business, was I ever wrong.  Ken greeted me on the phone with a joke “if you win the lottery, bla, bla, bla”.  He went on about their free diagnostic and from the sounds of it, the repair cost will be about $1,700 plus a torque converter if you need one for an additional $350.  This was to include labor and parts out the door.  If the rest is true or not is up to your discretion to believe as there is no way to tell if there was actually as much damage to the transmission as they have found during their free diagnostic and tear down.  So I’m under the impression that per Ken, they can do a full rebuild buying only the actual parts that I needed and saving me quite a bit of money.  Ken calls me back and tells me that they have the results and it’s worse than expected.  Some part of the gears had broken and was eating through the case, I needed a new case, the direct drum, forward clutch hub, and solenoids.  This was going to be $1,740 for the kit and then he started to break down all of these other parts.  Grand total $2,811 - Now I have another problem, it’s torn apart in their garage.  How did it go from $1,700 out the door to actually $2,925 with tax to get this fixed?  Almost twice as much as what brought me in the door.  Please don’t give me a fake off the cuff lowball quote to get me in the door and then slam me with an outrageous price.  Don’t believe this guy, he’s a real slick talker and full of it in the end.  Not to mention that my vehicle smelled like a grease pit.  It had black stains all over the floor mats, seat, steering wheel and door handles on the interior.  It looked like the mechanic had been living in the front seat for the entire time it was in their shop.  Have they never heard of floor and seat covers?
Entity: Lake Forest, California
Oct 25 2013
AAMCO TRANSMISSION replaced transmission Kissimmee Florida
 we were in Kissimee for a job interview we were told in Miami, that the car's pump was not pumping correctly we got to Kissimee the car gave us problem we had it tow to Aamco they were going to check what was wrong they would charge $389.00 to see what was wrong they told me the transmission was gone it was going to be $2,153.96 and that the car would be ready in two days it turn out to be 7 days because when we went to pick up the car they did not let us take it because it had a leak I spend 7 days in hotels eating bills 2 car rentals and sunpass we finally get back to Miami the car breaks I had it tow to Aamco they said it was a gear they changed it at no charge we go back to Orlando the same problem we have the car tow to Miami back to Aamco were they kept the car for 7 days did nothing and then came up with different thinghs were wrong with the car at this time we took the car we are not going to do anything with Aamco
Entity: Kissimmee, Florida
Sep 16 2013
aamco transmissions rip off round rock Texas
They mark up there part prices 250% over dealer list  and there not dealer parts.
Entity: round rock, Texas
Jun 16 2016
Aamco FRAUD Albuquerque New Mexico
FRAUD!!!! FRAUD!!! I took my 2008 BMW X3 in for an issue of it missing. They told me I needed a new transmission. They kept the car for 3 weeks!   When I got it back, after them putting in a certified transmission, the car still had the SAME PROBLEMS AS BEFORE!  I took it back again, and now they say its the spark plugs and coil and want me to pay $1000.   This was the issue to begin with and the car DID NOT NEED A NEW TRANSMISSION!    THEY ARE A FRAUD AND DENNY THE MANAGER IS THE WORST!  BEWARE!!! DONT TAKE YOUR CAR TO AAMCO!!!
Entity: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Jun 15 2016
Aamco Con artists, rip offs and car wreckers. Riverside California
Aamco will burn you. They are the worst auto mechanics That I have ever seen. Just stplaced a jack under the tank and buckeled it. Next they didnt repalce the transmission lines, instead took my fuel injection system apart? And the transmission lines popped under pressure 50 miles into the new 3800 dollar transmission. Stay away from these con artists! On the day I brought my car for transmission diagnostics, a man and a lady were cussing the Company out demanding that their car engine was damaged while in their care. Water in the oil and a major oil leak. 1st never let them drive your car alone. Never! Next demnd in writing ALL the parts they take off to be given to you AND all new parts they say they put in must be inspected by you before they install anything. Also the box and reciept from where and how much it cost.  We put a new torque converter in your car. OK where is my old one? no answer. They lie to you and damage your car then charge you to damage your car. When they put a new transmission in my cr, later I learn that all it needed was a 5 cent o ring. Thats right. A 5 cent part and instead they, took my fuel injection system apart? Was never requested. Next they put the new transmission in and didnt replace the old lines. Of course they popped at 50 miles into the new transmission. The lines are obviously cracked from age. I have them for the law suit. When I picked up my car, they said, their is your car. Get in it and leave! Hey my tail pipes are on wrong. They are sagging. Again just get in your car and leave. They drove my car 14 miles. Why? Went on a date? They pushed my car to a lift and I see my gas tank is buckled from a jack! In short I got no parts and was litterly kicked out! They purposely didnt replace the lines to void the warranty because you cant drive it. Next they want more money. I took it to another shop who charged me 750 dollars. That shop drove it. Why are all these dirty mechanics driving my Jag Vanden Plaz. Why, they are just bad people! Get every part. Never let any Mechanic drive your car. And always inspect the new part so they dont trick you. Just stay clear of AAmco.
Entity:
Mar 26 2016
AAMCO Rockville Keith Total Fraud Rockville Maryland
I've never been so disgusted and irate in my life with an auto repair facility.  Took my Yukon in for noises and rattling coming from underneath my SUV toward the rear end on a Good Friday before Easter 2016.  The problems would only surface at highway cruising speeds.  By way of background, I'm a car nut, an enthusiast.  I've worked on my own vehicles for years, was a sales manager of a leading national auto sales dealership and in that capacity, I test drove hundreds of potential trade-in vehicles to determine worthiness.  I know my way around a car.  That being said, I'm getting too old, too slow, and too impatient with newer technology, and my new house surroundings don't permit me to work on my vehicles any longer.  I'm quoted $90-176 inspection fee (yes, pretty steep), but if I choose to do the work at their shop, this inspection fee would be applied to the bill.  Fair enough, I think.   I dropped off my truck at 9am, and was told I would get a call back by 4pm.  Again this is a Friday before Easter and I had family flying in for the weekend and I needed by truck to pick up peeps and passengers.  Yes, dropping off this day is a mistake on my part. but again, we're talking about rattling and clunking noises at highway speeds only.   After no calls from them, I called the shop at 5pm; Keith is busy; he'll call you back shortly.  At 8pm my phone rings with Keith on the line; sorry it took me so long to reach you; I've spent hours test driving your car trying to find the problem but I cannot pinpoint the problem yet; but I did notice your front passenger brakes and rotor are excessivly wearing.  I think your brake lines and calipers are bad, so I'm going to want to fix that problem first, before I continue to the clunking noise because this problem could be causing the other; and I want to isolate your complaint by eliminating this problem first.   NOW LET'S WAIT A MINUTE!!  A possible brake caliper/hydraulic fluid hose diagnosis is causing a clunking and rattling noise in the rear?  Intereting... this is going to be good.  Keith said he test drove my truck at highway speeds at length, and was feeling the front right wheel was seizing up a bit, which could be putting undue stress on the transmission when shifting from 3rd down to 2nd.  Readers - I'm not joking about this.. this man, not knowing my background, and the fact that I'm a retired detective, is trying to tell me that the rattling vibration noise I'm hearing, and the clunking noise I hear only when I go over speed bumps, is being caused by the front brake system, that he felt seizing when the car shifts down from 3rd to 2nd.  AGAIN, my complaint indicated the problems arise only at highway speeds, or going over speed bumps.     I remind Keith that I had new brakes, rotors and brake fluid flush 4000 miles ago, that if his diagnosis is correct, we're only taking about replacing rubber hoses that carry fluid into the calipers for them to squeeze and release. I ask how much just for his proposed brake job - $551 he replies; tells me the hoses are $90; labor is 1.3 hours per wheel, etc, etc.  I may not be in the repair business, but I didn't exactly fall of a turnip truck either.  I question his diagnosis and fees with a detailed and knowledgeable level of questioning, and he begins to get upset, constantly cuts me off and tells me I'm not a professional, that he is.  (A professional crook and a liar, that I give him).  I tell him to wrap the car up right now that I was coming by right now to pick it up.  He says, he is closing his shop for the night, that it's my fault I don't want the work done, and that he is going to charge me a day of storage at $48 for picking it up tomorrow.  Seriously?   I bee-line it there while still on the phone (I live 3 miles away), hoping to keep him on the phone arguing with me while I arrive.  I finally convince him to put the wheels back on, which his subordinate does while Keith is still trying to defend an indefenseable position.   And now for the kicker - he gives me my final bill - $215.  What happened to the range of $90-176?  shop fees he explains.  What shop fees?  you didn't use any supplies?  he says the lift he used to hoist my truck to take the wheels off is considered supplies.  And he charges me $20 for fuel that he says he had to put in my car to complete his test drives.   What a liar.  I got my car with fuel indication of just over a 1/4 tank.  that's about $8.  I did drop it off a little low on fuel, so he is correct that he had to put some fuel, but he definitely didn't put $20.  That would have given me a little over 1/2 tank at $2/gallon.   LIAR, CHEAT, SCUMBAG
Entity: Rockville, Maryland
Jun 05 2015
aamco No good.. customer service is horrible Brooklyn New York
 Plain and simple.. I took my 2007 Chevy impala there June 5th 2015 at 730 am.. I arrived at the aamco at 754 am.. which I was the second customer there.. The aamco opens at 8 am.. it is now 7 15pm and I have yet to hear a word about what is wrong with my car.. I got there told the mechanic I was hearing a noise he then checked it and said he needs to be put on the machine for deeper testing and if I want to leave the car I could he would take the car onto the bay in 20 mins.. so I then told him I would leave and he could call me and tell me what's wrong.. still no word.. I called 3 times 1st two times I was told my car was next in line 3rd time I was told they need permission to do a deep diagnostic test and it would be about 2 hours b4 they knew anything and that was at 1pm... now the timeline.. I reached at 754am left the car at 843am called 1 130 am called again 1225 pm and then 145 pm.. now it is 7pm and they are closed and I still don't know what's wrong with my car nor did they call me to tell me they needed to keep my car overnight.. so not only am I stuck without a car and don't know what's wrong but now I have to pay 142 dollars for a diagnostic test and I still don't know whats wrong with my car.. nor do I have my car..
Entity: nationwide
Jul 20 2015
AAMCO Incompetence At Its Finest Gresham Oregon
 We decided to bring our Jeep Grand Cherokee in for a transmission rebuild. The initial inspection happened and we got an estimate and agreed to the job. The shop had our Jeep for two weeks! This should have been a couple days at most. We had to get a rental vehicle, which cost us over $1000, including the cost of gas. The total cost of the rebuild of the transmission was over $2000. We got the Jeep back finally, we were asked to bring it back in to make sure everything was good. They inspected it, test drove it, and discovered there was a problem. They ensured us the repairs are covered under the warranty. We brought it back in, the parts were supposed to be ordered and it was supposed to be a quick fix, and should have had our vehicle back the next day. In all of the weeks we have been dealing with them, not once have we received a phone call from them. Not once. We have had to call them every day to find out what is going on with our vehicle. The first two weeks we were finally informed the manager had been fired for being drunk at work, among other things. The acting manager then had to try and fix all the problems he had caused. Last time they had our Jeep, we were waiting and waiting for results, a phone call, anything. Apparently no one knows how to order parts or track them. They had our Jeep for another week, and no progress had been made, so we came and picked it up so we could have our vehicle for the weekend since the temperatures were in the 90s and our Jeep has air conditioning. They told us to bring it back in last Monday, July 13. They told us it would probably be ready that day, maybe the next day. A week later they still have the Jeep, and still have not received one phone call. We have to call them every day and find out. Most of the time their answer is that they don't know what the status is. Not once have they called us, not once have their estimates meant anything. They simply tell us what we want to hear to get us off the phone and appease us until the next day when we have to call them back. The incompetence is staggering. It boggles the mind how no one ever knows where the Jeep is, where the part is, why it hasn't been installed yet, etc. We are far from a priority. The customer service, or lack thereof, is atrocious. They weren't even going to do this last repair because they said it wasn't part of the rebuild. They finally agreed to do it without charging us further. We had to call again today and find out what the hell is going on. Now they are saying they are going to have it done today and will call us. Not holding our breath.
Entity: Gresham , Oregon
Dec 07 2015
Aamco Transmisions Tranny NOT Fixed Fridley Minnesota
I am writing this on December 7 2015.Transmision in my 1994 Ford f-150 was shifting hard occasionally.I took it to Aamco in Fridley Minnesota to see if they could figure out what was wrong.They said the transmion needed to be rebuilt at a cost of $3000.oo.Two weeks later I got it back and it did the same as if it hadn't been fixed at all.I purchased an extended 3 yr. warranty.Since then I have had it in and out of there 13 times to get it fixed correctly.It was there for 6 weeks from June -July.I was told by Ray the manager that he was doing various tests on it and couldn't find anything.Then in August the Owner Brian Hiat got involved.Well now they are doing more testing and still nothing is fixed.I,m getting the run around from these people and feel I should take them to court.
Entity: Fridley, Minnesota
Aug 21 2005
AAMCO AKA Db Investments AAMCO IS A RIP OFF! INCOMPETANT MECHANICS! Jacksonville Florida
I took my car to a Transmission place to have a diagnostic done on my car because it would not go out of 2nd gear when driving and the D4 light was on. They thought it was the Transmission computer (TCM) but did not have the proper test equipment for my year of car so he was going to have the car towed to another shop to have it tested and he would get back to me as to when they can get this done. I was a little disappointed and called around town to see who could fix the car fast since he had it so long. When I called AAMCO Transmission they said they had seen this very thing happen many times and they would be more than happy to take a look at it and check it out. I took my car to them and when they ran the external diagnostic he (Lee) said the TCM was just fine and he would have to look at the Transmission and that diagnostic would be $350, which would not be charged if I got the work done there. After completing the diagnostic they called back and said that I needed my transmission rebuilt which would cost $2500 plus tax. I told him I did not have this amount of money and I would look into buying a used Transmission. They said they do not put in used transmissions. I said I would take the car to another shop so please put my car back together. When I got a quote on the transmission and asked them to put my car back together so I could have it repaired elsewhere I was then told I would have to pay them $550 for them taking the car apart to diagnose the problem and storage fees. The other shop said they would sell me a transmission for $450 and install it for $300 (that would cost me $750 plus the $550 to AAMCO). Of course I told AAMCO I would have the transmission delivered to them and I let them do the work. They knew they had my back up against the wall since most people will not want to pay $550 for nothing. They said the transmission diagnostic could not be deducted because I did not buy the transmission from them. A few days later they called and said the transmission was installed but that I would also need a speed sensor. Now it appeared it was not the transmission after all and I spent money for nothing. I was VERY upset and threatened to report this to the BBB and Lee said he would put the sensor in at no charge to me since he happened to have one at home. I also asked at this time to have the original transmission back. Lee called a couple of days later to say the car was ready, working fine and they were paid by American Express. In the excitement of getting the car back I forgot to get the transmission back from him and they did not offer it. When I drove off the lot my car was driving exactly the way it was when I brought it in there. I only drove a block. I immediately made a u-turn and returned to the shop and they said that the work had no guarantee and that this is what happens when you buy a junk transmission. He went on to explain that the transmission could have been good at one time but when you buy junk transmissions you have to understand that there is a possibility of them being abused (thrown around etc) between the time it is pulled from the automobile and the time you receive it. He said when his service people drove the car it was driving just fine and yes it could have deteriorated in just five minutes of driving. That's a possibility with junk transmissions. They also stuck a pin in the shift lock keyhole and without this the car could not be driven. Dean told me to drive the car that day because the valves might be stuck and if it did not improve bring it back tomorrow and he would check it out again. He said he would remove a cable from the transmission to see if it shifted, if it did the transmission was good and we would have to look at other things. I took it back the next day. They called and said that all tests were passed and it was definitely the transmission. Since I had a 90 warranty on the transmission from Howell's Auto Parts I was advised to call them to return the transmission and ask them if they will help with the labor cost since they sold me a bad transmission. If not I would have to pay the labor fee again to switch them out. I took the car to Lucas Honda. They inspected the car and at first they thought it was the TCM. They ordered the TCM and put it in the car but that did not fix the problem, so they took it back out (no charge) and they did further tests on the car. The result was that the Throttle Sensor was bad. Because the Throttle Sensor on my particular model car is attached they had to replace the whole Throttle Body Assembly. I called Dean and told him that the transmission was not the problem and asked him if he could refund my money and he said no because they did a lot of work on the car. I pointed out to him that all the work he did should not count since he did not fix it. He gave some kind of foolish answer instead of just doing the right thing and refunding my money. I asked him if I could have the original transmission back so I could take it to the dealer and Dean informed me that it was in their rebuild shop but to come the next day to get it. It took him 3 days to get it back to me. He never gave me a courtesy call to say that there was a problem getting the transmission or anything. I had to call him at the end of each business day until he finally had it. I took the old transmission to Lucas Honda and they looked at it and said that it appeared to be a good transmission with normal gear wear and that was definitely not the cause of my car not shifting out of 2nd gear or having to use the pin AAMCO put in the shift lock to drive the car. All together I have dished out well over $2300 for a $951 repair! BUYER BEWARE!! Ms Jay jacksonville, FloridaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Aamco Transmissions
Entity: Jacksonville, Florida