ADVANTAGE AMERICA Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Advantage America

There may be more reports for "Advantage America"

For more results perform a general search for "Advantage America"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Apr 17 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winnerpark Florida
I also have been abused of with this company they call you on the phone tell you that you have won a government grant and they promise you all these things they get supervisors to aprove the trans action and then they pull the money from your bank account. I called and got into a big discussion with one of the employees he just kept telling me I'll send you the package out right away I requested multiple times to speak to a supervisor but that was like a joke to them. I got robbed for a so called one time charge of $49.95 on 1/24/06 and if that wasn't enough they got me for $299.95 more on 2/7/06. They told me I would receive a call from my bank so that I would approve the transaction there was never no call to or from my bank. I feel used and disgusted that there are such people in this world and they should not be able to get away with monstrosities like this. I am a single mother of three working hard to make it in life and people who work for a company like this have no morals or respect for the human race. Sandra Union City, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Winnerpark, Florida
Feb 27 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
About 2 weeks ago I received a call from Advantage America saying that I could receive $5000 of a US government grant. The lady told me that I would receive the money in my checking account in 2 business days. She told me that 69.95 would be taken out of my account for processing and that it would not be taken out until the $5000 was put in to my account. I went over this with the woman on the phone numerous times making sure that I would not have any money taken from my account until i received my government grant. Just recently I look at my bank statment and see that $69.95 has been taken out of my account and no money has ever been put in. I tried calling Advantage America numerous times and was given the run around. Everytime I would call they would tell me that they do not have an account for me and I should just wait for the welcome package to come in my mail. Its been over 2 weeks and nothing has come in the mail. At this point I now know that this is a RIP-OFF and I am determined to get my money back. Kendra asbury park, New JerseyU.S.A.
Mar 06 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
My boyfriend received a call from Advantage America and was told that he would be getting free grants for a one time yearly fee of $49.95. of course this was charged to my account. A couple of days later there was another charge of $299.95 to my account which was never authorized by me. Of course I didn't like this so i called in to cancel the transaction. Next thing I know I'm being charged a monthly fees of $19.95. So, I called them again to cancel the payments but this time they wouldn't even let me. My boyfriend talked to them too and told them he wanted to close the account but they kept saying they couldn't. what do i do to get my money back? Linda San Diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Mar 13 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
One morning Jan 10.2006 I received a phone call from this company by the name of Smith Johnston and he said I'm qualified for Grant from the Goverment and I will be qualified for Discounts from diffent places all I have to do to is to pay them $49.00 for a the package and they will send me a brochure after 10 days I will be receiving $10,000.00 from the gov. and will be direct deposit in my account. Unfortunately after 10 days they were the one who took money in my acct. which is $300.00. They rip me off big time. I've been calling their telephone number but for some reason they block my telephone number. The telephone number they gave me is 1310-464-0063. After 2 months I called this phone number and theres this guy who answer the phone but he said its a different company now and with the same number but he said that im calling 914-485-2039 which is different company, and im pretty sure its the same guy that i talked to last Jan. 10. I would like to see this company to be investigated coz theres a lot of people who got rip off and this things needs to stop. Irene Canoga Park, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Mar 09 2006
ADVANTAGE AMERICA ripoff Wincerter Florida Florida
ONE MORNING A COMPANY CALL MY FRIEND SAYING THAT HIS ELEIGIBLE TO BE GRANT AN AMOUNT OF TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLAR IF THEY WILL HE WILL LET THE COMPANY DO IT FOR HIM.. HE SAID NO BUT THE WOMAN ON THE PHONE IS KEEP ON CALLING HIM, THE WOMAN SAID THEY KNOWS EVRYTHING ABOUT HIM IS A GOOD TAX PAYER AND ITS RIGHT, HE CONVINCE ME TO RIDE OD MY CREDIT CARD CAUSE HIS MY BEST FRIEND I LET HIM. WHAT THEY DO IS THEY RECORD YOUR VOICE TO ALL THE CONVERSATION THAT YOU DO EVRYTHING. AND MANY THINGS HAPPEND THEY SEND SOME FLYERS 1000 COUPON ETC.. THEY TOOK MAY AROUND 700$ ON MY ACCOUNT AND MY FRIEND PAY IT TO ME AND WE WAIT AND WE WAIT WHAT HAPPEND WE NEVER HEAR FROM THEM ANYMORE AND THE PROBLEM IS THEY ALSO PUT THIS CREDIT ACOUNT TO ANOTHER COMPANY OR TELEPHONE COMPANY TAKE AWAY LIKE 60$ ON MY ACCOUNT WHEN WE CALL OF COURSE WE ARE DISSAPOINTED AND ANGRY ABOUT THEM THEY SAID WE HAVE EVRYTING ABOUT YOU ON FILE WE CAN SUE YOU THATS WHAT THEY SAID MY FRIEND JUST FEEL SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE THAT HE DO NOW I DONT SEE HIM ANYMORE AND THIS JANUARY 2006 AND FEBRUARY IVE SEEN ON MY CREDIT CARD THAT THIS ADVANTAGE AMERICA IS TAKING MY MANY AMOUTING $19.99 PER MONTH WHEN I CALL THEM THEY SAID THAT IS FOR THE INSURANCE OF MEDICARS THAT BENIFITS MY FRIENDS AND NOT REFUNDABLE. I TOLD THEM THAT HIS I DONT LONGER SEE HIM ANYMORE SO PLEASE STOP TAKING AWAY MONEY ON MY CREDIT CARD THEY TOLD ME TO CALL THEM AGAIN. THE NAME OF THE LADY IS CRIS THE LAST PERSON THAT I HAVE TALK I,D NO.4568 SHE DONT WANT TO TELL HER NAME IM CALLING THEM NOBODY ANSWERING THERE PHONE JUST A COMPUTERIZED MESSAGE SAYING IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION PLEASE SEND US A LETTER. Alison maryland, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Wincerter Florida, Florida
81, Report #194444
Jun 02 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
will keep calling until you give in like i did. they took my money and i did not recieve anything and i want my money back Kathy Live Oak, CaliforniaU.S.A.
82, Report #209517
Sep 05 2006
Advantage America fraudulent billing Winter Park Florida
Below is a copy of the letter I sent to the Attorney General of Ohio. I have also contacted the Secret Service, World Trade Commissions, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). I had no luck with the BBB, and I'm still waiting on a response from the others. I am representing my brother, Kyle Harvey, since I had some involvement in his experience with Advantage America. It started when they called me asking for a guy named David. I assume I had David's old phone number. They began asking me questions like, do you pay your taxes on time every year, and am I a U.S. citizen? I could barely understand the man on the phone, because of his foreign accent. They told me that I am eligible for a grant in the amount of $12,500. He said his name was ?Frank.? In order to receive the money, I would have to give them the account number to have the money wired within 48 hours. I didn't give it to them right away. They said that when the money was transferred, a processing fee of $49.95 would be deducted...but at the same time that money was deposited. I thought about it for a while, and figured it was too good to be true. I didn't have any money in my account at the time, so I had nothing to lose. I gave them the information to have the money transferred to my account. It included my checking account number and bank routing number. A couple of days later, they called me back stating they had some technical difficulties with my funds transferring. They said they needed another account number. I didn't have another account. They said that a friend or family member's account would work. I called my brother, and he said he'd do it. He gave them his account information, and soon after, my account was overdrawn, because they took $49.95 out of it after they stated they had difficulties. There was still no grant money deposited in my account, nor my brothers. I contacted my bank, and they helped me get my money back and closed my account. Then, they hit my brother's account! A total of 3 times: * January 11, 2006 for $49.95 * February 2, 2006 for $19.95 * February 16, 2006 for $299.95 A total of $369.85 was wrongfully taken from his account. I tried contacting them, but every time I called them I got someone with a foreign accent. I couldn't understand a word they were saying. In the meantime, I was receiving phone calls from them. They stated that I was still eligible for this grant money. I told them that I wanted my brother's money back, and they said they had no record of an account in his name. Liars! They proceeded to harass me, calling me and lying to me about receiving grant money. They must've thought I was stupid. Perhaps they tried to deduct money from my account, then found out the account was closed. They didn't give up until recently (in August). During the entire summer months, I would get phone calls from someone with a foreign accent. I had a feeling it was them, and I usually hung up on them, because I couldn't understand them. One time, a man with the accent called asking me if my father was still alive. I told him, ?that is none of your business.? He said that if he was alive, I am eligible to receive money in the amount of $7,500. I told him to stop calling me, and hung up the phone. He actually started cussing at me, because I wasn't interested in what he had to say. About a week later, I get another call. It sounded like the same guy. He said he was with Bank of America. I didn't believe him. I asked him what his name was. I cannot remember what name he gave me, but it was an American name, which did not fit his foreign accent. Then I asked for a phone number. He gave me the number, then I told him that if they didn't stop calling me, that there is going to be a legal situation. I haven't heard from them since. The next day I tried to call the number, and it was someone's personal phone number. Back in February, after the money was taken from my brother, I contacted the Better Business Bureau. The case number is 3E521-BF06F-54498-BACFE-02EC2-8742A-8B. I received a letter from a Crystal Brown stating that my brother was going to get a full refund. A check was supposed to be sent, but there was never a check. I don't know what else to do. I feel horrible that my brother's money was taken without his consent, and it was my fault for getting him involved in this mess. Is there anything you can do to help? Sincerely, Sheila Westerville, OhioU.S.A.
Advantage America Telephonic Fraud ripoff Winter Park Florida
I'm also Victim of Advantage America. These people suck my money from bank but I manage to get back by immediately contact to bank. Here is my advice to all people those who have access their bank account online. They should check their bank account activities on daily basis so they can see if there any odd activities exist. So they can stop them immediately by asking help from bank. Never give personal information on phone or even on net if you guys want to keep away from scams. Waseem larnacaCyprus
Entity: Internet
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I was out for a walk with my four kids and my dog my cell rang. I looked and saw unknown when I have caller id. I answered it and a man that hardly knew english said that the goverment is giving taxpayers a grant of free money to special people 5 people in each state are the winners and they recieve this grant. He said I am the lucky winner of 2,000 dollars free and clear. Did I ever file bankruptcy? Do I have any convictions? I said no and he said that I'm so lucky I win the money and that it would be illegal to use the money for drugs or booze purcheses. And he needs my account number so the money can be deposited in 48 hours in my account. And it will cost me a price of 49 dollars for the electronic service. That comes out of the 2,000. When the money gets there he also put this recording on and in between the women recording talking, music would play when she was talking. It seemed like the music would play when something important was being said by her to cover something and I got a few things wrong and he would come back and tell me how he wants me to say the things. Then this recording offered me insurance for 19.95 a month and 300 dollar check free of charge if I join their insurance, and 500 dollars in free store coupons. I ran home so fast to give him my bank info, then when I realized that this is too good to be true I looked up 1 800 information www.ripoffreport.com. I keyed in the numbers 18009238939 and 18665037345 the one number puts you on hold the whole time and the other says they are advantage mortage company. Then when the internet pulled up fraud I found this sight. I'm crushed. This is terrible. I wish I could find them. Now I had to call my bank and I called my cell phone company to inform them and tommorrow I have to close my account with checks i already wrote for my bills that will bounce now. I'm mad and I feel stupid. They should make a law against this. I want to call the news. I'm so mad. They also say you will recieve a risk free review letter. And free long distance calling. Boy how lucky he was that I wasn't aware of this while I had him on the phone. He thinks he made a killing but tommorrow they will have a dead account and when their review letter gets here I will write go to '''''' on it and send it back with the finger drawn on the envelope. I feel so bad for the innocent people that they hurt Kelly pottstown, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Jan 22 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I got a call that I was eligible for a 12,500 grant from the government since I had been paying taxes. The person had a foreign accent and was hard to understand. She called herself Tanya and was telling me I would be sent papers I had to sign to get the grant but that she had to have my bank account number. When I told her my bank name she knew my routing number but I wouldnt give her my bank account number. I just told her to send me the papers and then I would give her my account number. I asked her why was her company (Advantage America) handling government grants. I finally told her I was not giving her my account number. Then she asks Do you not want the money? I finally hung up on her. Elma Jefferson, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Nov 29 2005
Advantage America RIPOFF Fraud Winterpark Florida
This company is a complete fraud. They say they'll give you free grant money and put money directly into your bank account. Do not trust them. They call you couple times to make sure to ensure you but is not true. Never answer the question yes even if they say they'll correct it later. It is not possible to redeem the money they directly take out of your bank account if you say yes to the automated system. Jieyoung Corvallis, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Winterpark, Florida
Jan 19 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
My name is Luis. I received a call on December 14, 2005 around 7:30 p.m. from a woman with Asian accent. She informed that the U.S. Goverment has awarded me with a grant of $12,500 along with $500 in grocery coupons. Also, she informed about some health benefits as well as long distance I would received in short time. I was half asleep because I wake up (4 a.m.) to early everyday to go to work and felt for it because I thought this was genuine due to the fact that I currently have a government student loan. After she took all my bank information, a man came into the conversation. He made me repeat all my information to a recorder and gave a phone number. Then told me that the money would be deposited in my bank checking account the next morning and that please not to withdraw all the money because there was a fee of $49.95 that was this company need it to process the award. I went back to sleep and it wasn't untill the next morning that I realized the stupid mistake I have made. I check into my bank account and there was withdraw and deposit. I withdrew most of my money from the bank and kept checking my account everyday and there was no activity. This was a bad dream I thought. On December 19, 2005 they withdrew $49.95 with an electronic check causing my checking account to go under. I went into my check book and discover that I had recorded the phone number they gave so I decided to call them and let them go about the scam. The original number they gave (800-923-8939) was from some telephone company which gave another number 877-851-4366. At this number they place a recorder on with my voice giving them permission to conduct this transaction. I became angry and demanded to speak to the manager so he gave me the 866-503-7345 number. I called this number and a man Hispanic accent attended and told to wait. Has was very apologetic and informed that 299.95 was going to be withdraw from my account on December 30, 2005. I told him this is going to happen because the account will be closed. He asked me please to give them another chance that the money was going to be deposited soon and to leave the account open because he had change the date of withdrawal from 12/30/05 to 4/28/06. I was very naive to believe him. I did not close my account because I thought that since I had little money in it the bank would not pay that amount. For my supprise on Janaury 3, 2006 they place an electronic check for 299.95. The bank went ahead and pay it causing me an overdraft of -235.60. I reported them to fraud with my bank. The bank froze my account and did not return my money because of the recorded consent on the phone on 12/14/05. I contacted Advantage America and they response was that they did everything under the law. I think that they are the one violating the law by miss representing themselves saying that that the U.S. government is award grant to citizens and since I am subscribe to the Do Not Call Law place by the cosumers for telemarketers by the U.S. goverment. Luis Garden Grove, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jan 19 2006
Advantage America Attempted Rip off Winterpark Florida
On 1/19/06, I received a call from an Indian sounding man who said his name is John Fisher. He proceeded to tell me how I was going to receive a government grant due to interest that builds on taxes paid. He said that the government was obligated to give money back to it's taxpayers. He asked me what I would use the grant for - I told him education. He said, that's great, in that case you would be eligible for $12,500. He proceeded to give me his employee number, address, and a toll free phone number. I questioned the company's legitamacy. He attemtped many almost convincing rebuttals for all my questions. He asked me my bank's name. I told him and he proceeded to give me the bank's routing number. He told me that he needed my checking account number in order for the $12,500 to be wired into my account. I told him I wouldn't do that without my husband's consent. He proceed to ask me WHY? I was annoyed that he questioned me on that. I told him because, we are joint account owners and I won't give that information w/o my husbands consent. I asked him to call my husband and work and tell him this same story. He agreed to. In the meantime, I called my bank to ask if they'd ever heard of this wiring of funds by the government - they said no. I warned my husband that John would be calling and why. Then I jumped on the internet and found this site - and was fully convinced by other accounts that this was a scam and thank God I hadn't made the mistake of giving out the account number. I called the 800 number given me and asked the person who answered the phone what kind of a business they were - she said we identify individuals who are entitled to a government grant and that they had been in business for 10 years. Long story short - he did call my tipped off husband who proceeded to call him on the scam, which of course, he denied. I called my bank and warned them to watch and be aware. Their plot was foiled - this time. I just hope that more people catch on to their game before they rob more people. Sandy Blairstown, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Winterpark, Florida
Advantage America Big Rip-off ripoffs and liers Nationwide
I recieved a call this morning telling me that I was granted a $12,500.00 Government Grant for paying my taxes and that I had applied for it. I remembered that I had looked into grants but didn't remember applying. I went through with the whole process and then got worried that something wasn't right. I called them back and everything seemed to be okay but I still didn't feel right so I looked them up on Google and found this website.... the only one that represents this company!! I called my bank and stopped any damage before it happens. Thank you for saving my money. I wanted so bad to believe it because things are financially tight right now and that would have only made things worse. Thank you and God Bless. Julie Gainesville, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Jan 25 2006
Advantage America ripoff, con artist, scam Winter Park, Florida
I received a call from a man with a heavy Indian accent. I tried to tell him I did'nt want it but it did no good. Now I have to pay the bank $131.74 for nothing. I called their toll free number [1-866-503-7345] and could not talk to a supervisor. I gave the lady on the phone H~ll but that did no good either. I've changed my account now because I'm afraid they will take more from me. Now it will cost more for new checks. Larry Rickman, TennesseeU.S.A.
Jan 28 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I was called friday the 20th and they stated I was supposed to receive $12500 in grant money. I was told that I didn't have to pay any money out of my pockets. I was supposed to receive mail the next day and $500 in mail. They told me in two business days i would receive my $12500 in my account and after recieving this money they would take $49.95 out of my account. But, they said afer i would receinve the money then they would take $49.95 out. They gave me a number it was 1-888-923-8939 which I had called after a few days of not receiving anything. The operator said this number did not exist and out of service. So i knew this had to be a scam. Then I called 1-866-503-7305 and they told me a whole different story from what the indian accented person was telling me. Supposedly his nam was Brandon Nelson. I talked to advantage and they said i ws supposed to receive a welcome package in 3-5 business days. I told her i didn't want the package. She kept on insisting i should wait for the package in mail. I told her to cancel it and she still kept on insisting to wait for it. I go t frustrated. I don't know whether she cancelled it or not. It's been a whole week now I still haven't gotten anything. Not that I really want it. The only thing I got is that $49.95 charge to my account. So I went to my bank to make a claim on fraudulent charges which will have to be investigated and it will take about 5-7 days to process. Dara grove city, OhioU.S.A.
Dec 17 2005
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
12/17/05 Customer inquiry to Union Bank of Calif. Hello: I was approached telephonically (12/13/05 8p. eve approx.) by American Advantage (or so similarly named) grant agency. They offered me a $5000.00 government grant (to be deposited in this account # XXXXXXXX by 12/21/05) and subscription to their organization in exchange for my o.k. for them to deduct $49.95 (one time) and $19.95 per month (henceforth) monthly. I am skeptical of this transaction and request you monitor it throughout the process due to the possibility it may be a scam. I am authorizing you in writing to make those deductions, not to exceed $200.00 in this month. Sincerely, James **** Due to my skepticism, I gave them info to an account (UBOC) I keep primarily for online situations as this. Beware! complaints can/will be filed with Fla. State Attorney General and Consumer Protection Agency, Fed. Trade Commission, PUCO. James Daly City, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Advantage America ripoff, stole christmas Winter Park Florida
These people called and said we were approved for a grant for $12,000. THey said after the money went into our account they would take $300 for a fee. My husband thought this was a good idea and gave them our bank account number. They now have my $300 and I DO NOT have their $12,000. After these people called and my husband told their tall tail, I made him call them back and tell them we were not interested, apparently that ment nothing! I called these people (that do not speek english very well) and wanted to speak to a supervisor. I was told that all supervisors were out to lunch (at 9:30am). I hope these people feel good about themselves! The money that they took from me was to be used to buy my kids their Christmas. This has also caused quite a bit of stress in my marraige. THANK YOU ADVANTAGE AMERICA FOR RUINING MY YEAR!!!! Angie Iola, KansasU.S.A.
Advantage America ripoff- identity theft Winter Park Florida
I also have been invaded by this company and thought others should know the information I have found on them!! They told me they were registered with the BBB...they are not members as you will see below. Please read all the way at the bottom, I have also found where all their mail for addresses in the US is forwarded to! BBB of Central Florida, Inc. 151 S. Wymore Road, Ste. 100 Altamonte Springs, FL 32714 BBB Reliability Report Advantage America 1900 Howell Branch Rd. Ste 4-7 Winter Park, FL 32792 Orange County MAP General Information Original Business Start Date unknown Registration or Incorporation Type of Entity not defined State unknown Date unknown BBB File Opened August 25, 2005 Principal Contact Ms. Erika Roberts Complaint Contact Ms. Crystal Brown Other Contacts Mr. Ken Gomes BBB Member This company is not a member Type of Business Telephone Solicitation Companies The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources. Nature of Business The company contacts consumers claiming that they are eligible for governement grant money. In some instances the company representatives claim they are with the U.S. government. Representatives request bank account numbers and social security number claiming the grant money will be deposited directly to the consumer's bank account and that there is a processing fee of $49.95. The company's website also includes information on health program. Customer Experience Based on BBB filed this company has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB due to a pattern of complaints of misrepresentation in selling practices. Complaints concern grants were never received and advance fees that were withdrawn from consumers' bank accounts allegedly for application or processing fees. Customer Complaint Data The company's size, volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by the BBB. The complaints filed against a company may not be as important as the type of complaints, and how the company has handled them. The BBB generally does not pass judgement on the validity of complaints filed. Number of complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's BBB file was opened in August 2005: 284 Number of complaints processed by the BBB in the last 12 months: 284 Complaints Concerned: Selling Practices (90 complaints) 47 Resolved 4 Unresolved 11 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve 28 Company did not respond Advertising Issues (33 complaints) 21 Resolved 2 Unresolved 5 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve 5 Company did not respond Service Issues (6 complaints) 3 Resolved 1 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve 2 Company did not respond Credit or Billing Disputes (37 complaints) 22 Resolved 1 Unresolved 5 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve 9 Company did not respond Delivery Issues (8 complaints) 3 Resolved 2 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve 3 Company did not respond Refund Practices (35 complaints) 19 Resolved 1 Unresolved 10 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve 5 Company did not respond Contract Disputes (9 complaints) 8 Resolved 1 Company did not respond Guarantee or Warranty Issues (9 complaints) 7 Resolved 2 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve Additional File Information The Howell Branch Rd., Winter Park, FL address is an empty suite. Post Global, who leased the suite has told the BBBB that mail sent to that address is forwarded offshore to a West Indies address on the island of St. Lucia. The company's website registration gives the company's address as British Colonial, 1 Bay Street, Suite 303, Nassau, BAHAMAS. The company does not have an office in Poland, NY. Addresses listed in other cities nationwide may also be mail drops with all mail going off-shore. The BBB has also received information that the phone number the consumer may see on their caller ID could appear to be from a local area code , but the number is acutually spoofed. Government Actions North Dakota - On November 10, 2005 the Attorney General issued a Cease & Desist Order against FirstNationalGrant.com aka Advantage America aka First National Benefits aka First Government Grants aka First National HEalth Care aka Titan Financial aka First National Government Grants aka AIG Limited aka Premier Health Benefits aka First National Health Care Limited aka First National Benefits and others including, Ken Anthony Gomes, Individually and d/b/a Bespin Trust, d/b/a Managment Network; Helen Television System, d/b/a Helen IT; Callworx, Inc.; Lakeshore Media Group., Inc. d/b/a Mygrantmanagement.com, d/b/a Grantmanagementnetwork.com. d/b/a Mygrantnetwork.com; Jody Robert Overland, individualy; Nancy Purcell individually aka Nancy A. Mangiacotti; and Kathy Spencer, individually d/b/a Global Strategies and David Yamin, individually, Respondents. According to the Order the Respondents are in violation of North Dakota's Consumer Fraud Law and Do Not Call Law by (1) engaging in telephone solicitiations to North Dakota telephone subscribers who have registered for the Do Not Call list; and (2) engaging in deceptive acts or practices during telephone solicitations to the state's consumers. Educational/General Comments Consumers are now being targeted by companies offering to assist them in obtaining large amounts of government money. This potential scam is initiated by email or by a telemarketer, who claiming that the consumer is eligible for up to $8,000 in grant money from the United States Government. The company then offers to assist the consumer in obtaining the money in exchange for allowing his/her company to withdraw money from the consumer's bank account. Some consumers have also received direct mail solicitations offering to assist them in obtaining government grants in exchange for payment. Consumers who send money to these programs only received information booklets, containing minimal assistance, if they receive anything at all. This is contrary to the promise that the consumer will get actual money, rather than a list of grants. Although there are a variety of sources within the government and private sector that offer grants to eligible applicants, individuals do not need to enlist the services of a separate company to learn about such funding sources. The application procedures for a wide variety of public and private grants can be obtained free of charge as public information. In addition, consumers should never give their bank account information to unknown telemarketers. Government Grants Program Since many of its departments offer grants, the United States Federal Government has created the Grants.gov program as a resource for parties seeking information about grants. Grants.gov is managed by the United States Department of Health and Human Services, and may be contacted as follows: Grants.gov Program Management Office 200 Independence Avenue SW HHH Building, Room 739F Washington, DC 20201 1-800-518-4726 www.grants.gov Consumers may also contact the United States General Services Administration's Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance at: www.cfda.gov The person or company that called you will most likely drain your bank account of all your hard-earned money and take off....never to be heard from again. Here are some easy ways to spot this scam and others like it: Beware of callers who claim that you have been awarded a government grant. grants are only provided to people and organizations that meet specific guidelines and complete the application process. Remember that people generally will not call to offer you money. Never send money to verify, guarantee, or process your alleged grant request for up-front fees are a sure sign of a scam. Never provide personal financial information or your Social Security Number. This type of information, when in the wrong hands, can be used to steal your identity and your money. Always ask for information in writing. If the grant is legitimate, the caller will not have a problem sending you the information in writing. Always trust your instincts like the old saying goes: if an offer is too good to be true, it probably is. Additional Information This Business Operates under the Names 1st National Government Grant Benefits Advantage America Advantage America Benefits American Advantage American Advantage Benefits Easy Step Solution First National Benefits Addresses 300 N. Corporate Dr., Suite 350, Brookfield, WI 56045-5865 MAP Union Industrial Estate, Castries, St. Lucia - West Indies 15720 John J. Delaney Dr., Charlotte, NC 28277, Mecklenburg County MAP 24 Main St., Poland, NY 13431, Herkimer County MAP 1900 Howell Branch Rd. Ste 4-7, Winter Park, FL 32792, Orange County MAP Phones (800) 410-1682 (800) 503-7345 (866) 503-7345 (877) 851-3466 (877) 851-4366 Here is the information for the Nassau, Bahamas location...it's a hotel!! British Colonial Hilton Nassau Number One Bay Street P.O. Box N-7148 Nassau, N.P. The Bahamas Telephone: 1-242-322-3301 Fax: 1-242-302-9009 Email: nassaureservations@hiltoncaribbean.com There has got to be a way to stop this company from ripping us all off!!!! Someone has to take attention to this!!! L Kansas City, MissouriU.S.A.
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
A man called me and said that I was to get 12,500 from the irs. The company's name was Advantage America and they were located in Winterpark, Florida. I asked the man, who sounded foreign, if this is for real, he said yes, this is from the government every year we choose someone to give away free money to. When I asked how do I get my check, the man stated all I need to do is give him my checking account number and he'll put it in my account wihtin 24 hours. So then I asked if he need my routing number? He said oh-no all we need is your account number and your money will be available in 24 hours. That's when alarms went off in my mind, not wanting the routing number seemed very strange to me, most legit companies ask for your routing number. This is when I told the man NO, sorry sir, I can not give my information over the phone, I also told him I was afraid that this was a scam. The man very convincingly said that they have one more option for me, that was to drive down to Winterpark, Florida from Michigan and pick up the check that has my name on it, all I had to bring was my phone bill and proper identification. I was very excited until I decided to check on google to see if this was legit or not and before I made a stupid trip all the way down to Florida, and that's when I saw that it was a scam on the Rip-off report, I was shocked. So please people don't give them or any one your information. Something should seriously be done about this, the authorities should step in here somewhere. Look at the rest of these reports, I feel for everyone who fell for this scam, the way I almost did, and lost christmas money for their kids and everything, I truely feel for them. Well I am truely mad now and need to get off of here. I hope these reports help you the way they helped me. Frank ypsilanti, MichiganU.S.A.
Dec 20 2005
Advantage America Ripoff Winter Park Florida
My wife received a call from a the Federal Grants Department. These gentleman, who sounded Indian but had overly American names (ie. Dennis Jones), informed my wife that she had been chosen as a US taxpayer by the Federal Goverment to receive a Miscellanious Greant of $12,500 that would be credited to our account within two days. They supplied Federal ID numbers and any type of question asked was answered. We felt uneasy and sounded sketchy but in the end we decided we did not want to take the risk of missing out on the grant if it was true; and again, these guys were quick and reassuring with there answers. We gave them our a/c number and they even had a gentleman call with verifications. Sure enough, no funds were credited to our account but a charge of $49.95 was made two days later. We opened an investigaion with our bank. A week later we received a package from Advantage America containing a book to request coupons and a letter telling us of discounts we will receive since we were now signed up as members. it also said we will be receiving a book that list how to apply for Goverment grants. it also stated that this was all part of a review process of 7 days and that at the end of the seven days we would be charged $299.99. Sean bear, DelawareU.S.A.
Dec 20 2005
Advantage America grant ripoff Winter Park Florida
On Dec.20,2005 around 4:30 to 5:00pm I got a phone call from Cris Wilson of Advantage America. He was saying that I was appoved for a $12,500 grant. He kept saying that it wasn't going to cost me anything it from the government to me from paying my taxes. Then I had him talk to my husband and tell him about it all. That is when he had my husband listen to a recording and answer questions. In this recording it kept asking if it was ok to take a one time fee of $49.95 out of our checking account. And when my husband said NO they would come back on saying but you don't have anything to worry about, it would come out of the grant money so just say yes to the question. So they would play it again and once again my husband said NO. They did this 4 or 5 times before my husband told them no matter how bad we may need the money his answer is still NO, then he hung up. Then we got online and we found this site. And now we are very glad we didn't say yes.. My husband says when people ask you to just say yes, you should say NO and hang up. It really upsets them when you say NO. Tammy Lincoln, MissouriU.S.A.
98, Report #172002
Jan 16 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
They are lying a**holes I just felt they asked for to much info after I thought about it after I gave them my info. So I got on the internet and typed Advantage America in and found this. I am so upset. I thought I was getting a grant for 12,500. I guess not. Be careful out there some people just dont have any home training. Latoria Columbus, OhioU.S.A.
Nov 18 2005
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I got a phone call from these people earlier this week. Luckily, I knew right away it was a scam. First, the number comes up unknown. When I answered the phone I heard three people on the phone (none of them spoke clear English). The man that did all of the talking spoke very fast and it was very hard to understand him. They told me that I was qualified to receive a grant from the Federal Government since I was a United States taxpayer. They told me all I would have to do is fill out a few forms and they would then deposit the money into my account. That was all they had to tell me to know it was a scam, and I began to play along. I started asking him questions and the man began getting irritated. I told him I would want a check instead of giving him my account number and he said they could not do that. I then told him I would need their address and phone number and he told me that he couldn't give me a direct number to him as he worked for the federal government and they can't give out their phone numbers (that is a complete and utter lie). The phone number he did give me (1-866-503-7305) is a fax machine. I called back just to check. He then said they would call me back later in the day, but I think he knew that I was on to them as I have not heard back from them. I went directly to the state police with this information I got from Advantage America. The Trooper said that I did a good job by not giving this company the smallest amount of information about myself and gave me the number for our attorney general's office. When I went home I contacted the attorney general immediately. People we have to be smart. The Federal Government will NEVER contact you that you are eligible to reecive money from them. You will always be able to call someone working for the goverment, even if is not a direct line, you will be able to get a hold of that person one way or another. And NEVER EVER give your bank account or social security number to someone unless you know it is 100% safe. I don't ever give any information over the phone or the internet. It is too dangerous and this scam is a perfect example. Kristy Sunbury, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Nov 22 2005
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
This is to let people know that this company is fraudulent. I received phone call first part of Nov. 2005 and was told qualified for grant. All I had to do was agree to have money taken out of my account to cover the one time fee. I was promised would receive 500.00 emergency grant money by special courier, who would bring to my home. Ofcourse the courier never arrived and I checked back with bank and nothing had happened yet. Well, yesterday on Nov. 21 I received notice from bank that advantage america tried to withdraw from my account but since i didn't have enough money to cover it was returned and I was charged overdraft fee. If you have any information that could help me I would appreciate it. Thankyou just wanted to let people know. Total scam. Djuana oklahoma city, OklahomaU.S.A.

Showing 76-100 | Showing Page 4 of 1,446