BANK OF AMERICA Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Bank of America

There may be more reports for "Bank of America"

For more results perform a general search for "Bank of America"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 27 2009
Bank Of America Unethical practice Chandler Arizona
For three months we have been working with Bank of America agent to purchase a short-sale being held by Countrywide now Bank of America. We are the persons who had an offer on the condo unit in Los Angeles area We made an offer the end of March 2009 on the property. We made this through our Real Estate agent to: Bank of America Real Estate Agent: Maggie Escareno, Referred to as Maggie Residential & Commercial Century 21 On April 10, 2009 Our real estate agent received first verbal verification that our offer had been accepted from Bank of America real estate agent Maggie . We were told the written acceptance would soon follow. April 21, 2009 our agent reported that she had received an e-mail from Maggie stating she hasn't heard yet and has been calling them 2 to 3 times a day. She said the supervisor was on vacation but is back now and we would have the papers in a few days. April 25th, 2009 our agent reported that Maggie called the supervisor last week (Wednesday) and explained that the negotiator had told her she was faxing the approval and it never came and that the negotiator isn't returning her calls. She spoke with a supervisor who said she would look into the file and talk to the negotiator. Said to expect a return call in about 48 hours - meaning Friday or Monday). Maggie promised me she would call the supervisor again on Monday for an update. April 28, , 2009 When our written acceptance had not come Maggie reported to our agent that she found out Bank of America has closed the file when she called to change her fax number. Apparently what they did was put on the notes that the buyer had cancelled the offer. (WHICH WE NEVER DID) The supervisor of Bank of America was able to fix the problem so we should be getting all the paper work by Tuesday of next week. Tuesday came and went. May 13, 2009 Maggie reported to Our Real Estate agent that she has verbal approval from the supervisor but doesn't have it in writing yet. Maggie told Our Real Estate agent she would send our agent Our Real Estate agent a counter offer changing the escrow and title companies to the one that the bank was request. Maggie told Our Real Estate agent escrow is being opened and that we could do the home inspection. May 21, 2009 Maggie has electricity turned on for inspection. May 29, 2009 Inspection is back. We are still waiting for paperwork that is still not coming though we have been assured repeatedly it is on its way. Our Real Estate agent has put calls in for Maggie to see if she has talked to the supervisor recently. Maggie had said the supervisor told her she would have the approval out the first of this week. June 3, 2009 Maggie reports that paperwork is being reviewed and can be expected soon. June 8th escrow emails Our Real Estate agent that escrow is being opened. June 9, 2009 Maggie reports the Our Real Estate agent that papers are still not ready and she is to follow up with them on Friday. One June 15, 2009 We find out that the reason the paperwork is held up is because the lender made a mistake in the spelling of the buyer's name. Maggie writes our agent: Sent: 6/15/2009 9:44:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time Subj: Re: 11124 Burbank Blvd 104 Our Real Estate agent, the lender still is gone take about 2 weeks before they send the documents, since they had the wrong buyer's name on them they have to changed everything even do it was their mistake their process takes about 3-4 weeks to correct them. Please let me know if your buyer is willing to wait. I know it is very frustrating but there is not much that can be done but wait. Talk to your client and explain the situation and if she is willing to wait then we continue with the file if not We told our agent that we are ready to purchase the property. We would wait for the corrected paperwork. June 18, 2009 our paperwork moves from phase 1 to phase 2 negotiator. According to your own personnel, as of June 18, 2009, Bank of America had definitely accepted our offer and it was being finalized. June 19, 2009 Our RE agent receives an e-mail from who reports that she just had a long e-mail conversation with the supervisor at Bank of America. They reviewed everything and don't find anything missing. According to the supervisor, they should be wrapping this up soon . Enclosed in her email was partial correspondence from Bank of America phase 1 negotiator Christopher Tata, who writes to Maggie: Don't need anything else. And tell the buyer, to hold her horses, she is getting a property at a good deal, and these short sales take time. If she wanted a Speedy transaction, she could have bought new!!! Note: Not sure what prompted this remark but it was made. June 24, 2009 still waiting for the documentation that had been promised repeatedly, it was with complete shock after three months of your commitment that our offer was accepted, this is what we receive by email: Email received: In a message dated 6/25/2009 9:16:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, MAGVES writes: Hello, the lender has accepted an offer with no loan or appraisal contingency and the buyer to make up the difference if appraisal comes in lower than the sales price. And the offer is not from our office. Thank you for your offer and I will be keeping yours on file. Warm Regards, Maggie Escareno That was it after three months of being told our offer was accepted and paperwork would soon be coming. If we are going to get out of the mess our country is in, we need to practice good ethics. We need to believe in our word and the word of others. A short sale is no reason for bad ethics. We need to believe in the ethics of Business again. It was bad ethics that got us into this mess we find ourselves in today. Only good ethics can reverse that. We expected Bank of America operate ethically and honor the word of their representatives. We feel now that they used us, leading us along while they waited if they could get a better offer. They had no regard of putting us out of the market for three months as we believed in their verbal commitment they gave us. WHK tracy, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Bank of America
Entity: Chandler, Arizona
Dec 18 2008
Bank Of America outrageous fees Austin Texas
Bank of America is an unethical institution. After moving to Texas and shopping around for a new bank I chose Bank of America. Bad choice. I even read a report on ripoff but thought it might be an isolated incident or maybe it was the patrons fault. Boy was I wrong. I deposited money on 12/15 only for the money to be held until 12/16. Guess what happened? Five transactions went through. I was charged 175 dollars in fees, this was my christmas gift money. I was with my previous bank for 12 years and never had this happen. I've never paid this much in 12 years combined, I maybe had 4 overdraft fees in 12 years. In less than a year this has happened twice. The first time I accepted responsibility thought maybe I could had done something differently and choked down the $70 worth of fees. However, this last time was just down right unethical. I am a teacher, my daily balance is not going to be high, I pay all my bills on time and am a loyal patron. It seems to me that Bank of America caters only to the wealthier patrons. Middle class is left high and dry. I talked to everyone I could about getting some of the fees refunded but to no avail. My satisfaction will be that someone reads this and doesn't use Bank of America services. If you like$35.00 tacos, use Bank of America and learn the hardway. One more thing, Bank of America tells you they have overdraft protection. The catch, use your savings or open a credit card with them. I no longer have any credit cards and savings as a single parent and teacher ha! Bottom line: Bank of America is number one because it takes advantage of the poor and middle class. We can only hope that kharma kicks their butt. Loyal_101 Austin, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Austin, Texas
Jan 07 2009
Bank Of America A $35,00.00 Car Loan Nightmare! Nationwide
I went to Bank Of America whom I've banked with for 20+ years to take out a loan to buy my dream car. They were only too happy to give me a $35,000.00 loan. The problem came when their personal title company didn't transfer the title, in fact I never received the title at all. While I was out of the country, my car was stolen by Ron Belec and to this day they have never taken responsibility. In the 4 months that the thief Ron Belec had my car, he drove the hell out of it, striped the gears and stole the brake pads I had in the car, as I was going to replace the brake pads. But instead I had to have the brakes totally replaced to the tune of $3,000.00) He smoked cigars and cigarettes, so by the time I got my car back it smelled like an ash tray. My back window had a hole in it, along with scratches, all over the car. I never got the smell out of the car. Bank Of America had their Lawyers go after Belec. But by this time, Belec has gone to the DMV in Olympia and put the title in his name. How does this happen? Why is it when they found this out, didn't Ron Belec go to jail? You tell me? Now for the 4 months that Ron Belec had my car I had to pay the $ 800.00 a month car payments, or I would have been in default of my loan. Bank Of America sued Belec for the theft of the car, what did I get? A messed up car that I would end costing me around $5,000.00 + in repairs, and my name on the lawsuit! So now when I want to get a loan it comes up on my credit report that I was sued by Bank Of America. Oh yes, they threw me under the bus, and I was the victim, my once stellar credit is now damaged. I finally sold my wonderful car in less then 2 years for $20,000.00. I lost all the way around. Who would be brave enough and strong enough to take my case against Bank Of America on contingency? I would be so happy! Please contact me through Ripoff Report. Thanks Jill **** Shoreline, WashingtonU.S.A.
Feb 20 2009
Bank Of America Who is paying? Salem Oregon
It was all over the media, that Bank of America and Fanny Mae etc had some problems.Now who is this management supposed to report to? Who is in charge in this Institution? Who pays the Superbowl Cards, for sitting in the Lounge with Guests? Who pays the Exclusive Hotels and Buffets for these persons attending? Just a simple question, I am no longer going to take this as a Taxpayer. If these Gentlemen want to go to the Superbowl, why not let them pay for themselves?? They are surely not starving or struggling to make end meet, like families all over the Nation! The Government should put a HALT to this! Thank you Richard Corvallis, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Salem, Oregon
Jul 15 2010
Bank of America Online Banking Statement Internet
Bank of America claims their online banking system cannot show a current or accurate billing statement. BoA claims it is impossible to provide customers with a correct amount due both on paper & online that reflects changes made 3 weeks ago.  BoA deducted a $39 late fee from my account 3 weeks ago from another of their ridiculous banking errors. However, on my Bill Pay webpage my current amount due is showing that I owe the $39 & my paper bill they sent shows that I owe $39 late fee too. Yet on my credit card account activity webpage they show the fee was waived 3 weeks ago. The BoA representative gave this excuse: Our bill pay webpage pulls it's information from our billing statements therefore on the date the statement was created the $39 fee was still showing on your account. When I asked why any purchases I made seem to be accurately reflected on my bill during the month he couldn't give me an answer. Summary: Bank of America is blaming their computers for taking 3 weeks to update account activity when it comes to crediting your account back money they owe you but they certainly can maintain up to date current data on your billing account when you make purchases. This is right in line with my past banking experiences with them. A couple years ago I deposited cash by drive up teller during weekday business hours before 4 PM but the amount wasn't credited to my account so I could use that money till the following Tuesday & they blamed the computers. Of course I had written checks over the weekend thinking my money was in the bank & got charge hot check fees on all of them.  They would not back down saying it was my fault. I'd change banks but they all do these same scams and the government looks the other way. Then we bail them out when they make mistakes as if it's still our own fault when it isn't.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Dec 17 2009
Bank of America $35. A WEEK Internet
It is a sad day when a bank changes a flat rate of $35. per over draft fee TO $35. per over draft fee EACH WEEK, Banks are getting greedier and not caring about there customers what so ever. the Government may be trying to tax more on the rich, but it is the blue collar and the poor that is going to suffer. rich get taxed more and we pay for it not them.
Entity: , Internet
Dec 05 2010
bank of america mortgage seving agency plano, Texas
I have been trying to deal with BAC since 2/2010 . started with of job, approx $3300.00 due. now BAC wants $8830.79. I havent miss a payment since original amount quoted. they call 3-4 times a day everyday. never the same information twice. one arrangement made but discontinued by BAC before start of payments
Entity: plano, Texas
Jan 03 2012
Bank of America bad business Internet
Bank of America is the worst bank in america. I have done buisness with them for 9 years. I have had nothing but bad buisness from them since day one. They never have been honest, and should be shut down. My las deal with them was, well for the 2nd time in 9 years they sent back my social security deposits. If you know anything about social security you will know they are so difficult to work with on returned money. Please be smart and run for your life if you see a sign that says Bank of America, cause the name well its not what you think, it should be called not for america!
Entity: , Internet
Sep 14 2010
BANK OF AMERICA remodification LIARS!!!!!! SACRAMENTO, California
FIRST OF ALL (CAPS ,,,, YES IAM YELLING , NOT AT YOU READER BUT THE BANK STILL!!!)  THIS IS NO ONES FAULT BUT MINE. I GOT MYSELF IN THESE SHOES,NOT THE BANK BUT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. I  WAS DOING A HOME MODIFICATION WITH BANK OF AMERICA (OBAMA MAKING THE HOME AFFORDABLE PLAN) AND BANK OF AMERICA SENT ME A PACKAGE TO FILL OUT. IT HAD TO BE BACK TO THEIR ADDRESS BY APRIL 27 2010, I FED EXED THE PACKAGE BACK TO THEM ON APRIL 15 2010 WITH A SIGNED CONFORMATION ON THAT DATE. THEY PERSONALLY SCANNED 115 PAGES OF MY DOCS ON APRIL 17 2010 THATS EIGHT DAYS AHEAD OF THERE DEADLINE. AFTER THAT I WAS IN COMMUNICATION WITH THEM 2,3 TIMES A WEEK FOR ABOUT 2 HRS AT A TIME. THEY WOULD ALL GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND ITS UNDER REVIEW THEY WOULD SAY. THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD TAKE 30 TO 45 DAYS AFTER THEY RECIEVED PAPERWORK TO TELL ME YES OR NO,(IF THEY COULD HELP ME NOT THE MODIFICATION) I CALLED EVERY  DAY AND AFTER BEING TRANSFERED ALOT THEY WOULD TELL ME , YES WE HAVE YOUR INFO,MAYBE A COUPLE OF DAYS FOR AN ANSWER. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT I GOT OFF THE PHONE TODAY 9/14/2010 AND THEY SAID THEY NEVER RECIEVED ANY PAPER WORK SO THEY CANCELLED MY MODIFICATION ON APRIL 27 2010. WHO DID I TALK TO FOR THE PAST 5 MONTHS EVERY OTHER DAY FOR 2HRS AT A TIME. WHY DO THEY HAVE IN THERE SYSTEM THAT THEY DID RECIEVE MY PAPER WORK  ON APRIL 15 2010, I HARDLY REMEMBER MY FAMILYS BIRTHDAYS AND I SURE REMEMBER THIS DATE. BANK OF AMERICAS MODIFICATION ARE A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS AND LIARS . I FEEL SICK TO MY STOMACH WITH THEM, I WASTED 5 MONTHS TALKING TO PEOPLE FOR NOTHING!!!
Entity: SACRAMENTO, California
Jun 27 2012
Bank of America Cancelled , Internet
Well having been a Bank of America Credit card client for 11 years, I just called to get my new card since we had moved our business and they had sent it out and it had been returned.  They passed me around to 4 different people, who all thanked me for being a client for that long.  In the end they closed my account because of a short sale we are going thru that another bank has drug out for 2 years.  It's the only thing on my credit that is bad, but they just can't look past it, even though they got bailed out by the government and wrote off a bunch of their debt and nobody is supposed to bat an eyelid.   It's ridiculous that those that took the money and pay themselves huge bonuses, can't forgive one small amount on a property that lost 75% of it's value and we cannot possibly afford to keep.   Shame on them is all I can say, it's a sad day in America when Banks are allowed to treat their clients this way, when we had paid in full on time for 11 years.  They told me once the short sale goes thru (which is totally out of my hands) - held up by another bank who every 2 months wants to get repeat info and is obviously using incompetent people to do this deal (which has had three offers on it in 2 years but they won't finalize it all)   That I can call them back and beg to do business with them again... there is no way I would ever entertain those obnoxious, pompous ass bankers at Bank of America ever again.  I hope they realize that God is watching and in the end they will get their true justice.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Mar 17 2006
BANK OF AMERICA RIPOFF NSF CHARGES SECANE Pennsylvania
My name is Frankie. I do agree with many here that Bank of America reps are extremely friendly. I also agree that a customer should manage there account properly so they wont incur NSF charges. I have been a Bank of America customers for 9 years and I just don't understand how there are able to get away with some of the things they are doing to there customers. We need to fight them by all means because they have on ethical practices. I had no idea that so many people were experiencing the same NSF issue with this bank. The things they do to maximize ripping off there customers is just something that you would expect happening in smaller bank branches. It is interesting to note that many small bank branches do not engage in the same practices that this bank is involved in. Many small branches have the technology to post thing to an account in real time. Bank of America pride themselves in improving technology to make there customers banking experiences easier. These technologies includes there online banking, ATM, and other operations within the bank. There is absolutely no excuse for there reckless behavior, except for developing schemes to maximize their profit and apparently robbed there customers blind. I think they missed some of the rules on good business practices. For example every time they do wrong to one customer that customer tell as many people who listen to them. It hurts the Bank in the long run. People usually don't spread the good but they surely talk about the bad. Ok my problem with this bank. I once had over $170.00 in NSF fees, and I called them and I was told I needed to monitor my account more closely. The supervisor suggested I use the Online banking to monitor my account. The fees were my entire fault because I am a brain injured patient and the person who takes care of my account was on vacation. I started monitoring my account using the online banking which I found convenient and easy for me because of my disability. Friday March 10, I had a balance of 326.95. That same Friday I made two purchase totaling 201.00. It left a total in my account of 125.95. Monday morning I recheck my account and I had 125.95. I try to take out 130.00 and the ATM said insufficient funds. I remember that I had 125.95 so I took out 120.00. That left a total of 5.95 in my account. I recheck the on line banking after I arrived home and my account said the balance was 5.95. Tuesday morning my account was overdrawn and 3 NSF charges were applied. Ok what happen? A claim that I had a month ago was denied so Tuesday they toke the funds back for that claim. So, although this claim was not on the pending column on Friday nor on Monday. Bank of America decided that they will apply it to the account on Tuesday. They also decided that they will charge me 2 34.00 charge for the 2 transactions on Friday and one 34.00 charge for the ATM transaction on Monday. If this is not clearly robbing a customer then I really don't know what to call it. If this claim was pending Friday or Monday then there actions would have been justified. There explanation is the same BS they tell other customers who have posted here. There is absolutely no justification for what they have done to me. I am so frustrated that I am going to stop my SS direct deposits. Please forgive my grammar. I have tried my best to proofread it but as I mention above I am a brain injured patient. They probablly know that they will get away with this because of my disability and difficulties I have communicating on the phone. Thanks all for listening Frankie SECANE, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: SECANE, Pennsylvania
37, Report #197450
Jun 21 2006
Bank Of America ripoff Rosemead California
I was a customer of Bank of America in Rosemead CA, located on the corner of Kelburn/Garvey. In 1975 or 1976 I went on maternity cause at that time unemployment didn't apply.I opened a savings account in order to cash my welfare checks. For 31 years I have been searching for the $400.00 they kept. At the time I went to cash my check, I was advised that my account was closed due to the reason, that I didn't have $4,000 in the account. The supervisor in charge took my savings book & haven't been able to find out what happen to my money. No one can help me with name/address/social security number. Apparently they deleted my account from their system. I have checked with State Controller's office, wrote to main office of Bank of America & my letter returned, address unknown. Everybody tells me to quite searching, but I am not a quiter! Can anyone help me. Thank you for your time & cooperation. Manuela West Covina, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Rosemead, California
38, Report #197634
Jun 22 2006
Bank Of America ripoff's legal thieves. Springfield Missouri
I was reading were another person was complaining about NSF fees from Bank of America. I have had the same problems with this bank. They charge you outragious fees for this. For one check they charged $31 for one day and then the next day charged $34 for the same check. I called to see why they did this and their excuse was we do not refund fees we charge. Second incident I have had with this bank is my husband lost his debt card and we reported it. After that we went to get a new card. They told us they are not allowed to give him another card since we did not open our account in this state. If we wanted a new card that day to go back to Florida. Third incident Stupid me ran out of checks before I realized that I was out. I ordered new ones and went to the bank to get temp ones. They told me we do not have such a thing. Go order new ones. Fourth incident My Mom gave me a check and I went to cash it. The bank told me I could not cash it and that it was going to be on hold for a week. I had to wait a week to get the money. How crazy is that? Fifth incident I deposited money into the ATM. A couple weeks later I received a letter in the mail stating there was no money in the envelope and they were going to take the money out of the account since there was no money there. I put cash in the envelope. Go figure. Could some dishonest person in the bank take the money and say there was nothing in there. As soon as we move closer to a military base we are cancelling this account. How can anyone stay in business being this crooked? Mrs. Springfield, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Springfield, Missouri
Apr 27 2006
Bank Of America deception, false information Brandon Florida Internet
I am telling my story of Bank of America in the hopes that I can get advice and perhaps help on how to resolve this horrible issue. I've called several lawyers and spoken to several people and it seems that everyone is either afraid of helping or think that going against this institution is hopeless. No one wants to touch it. In May of 2002 my husband applied and received home Equity Line of Credit from BOFA so that he and his friend can start a business (which is another horrible story). I wanted no part of it. By September of the same year, after he had used a lot of this money to get the business up and running, he said that the bank wanted me to come in. I went along with him and a woman sat in an empty office and handed me a paper to sign. All the paper had was signature lines. I asked her what it was for and she informed me that it was just letting us know that you're aware that your husband took out this loan. I asked will this mean you'll come after me if he doesn't pay, she assured me that no that won't happen, I assure you it's all just to let us know that you know. She proceeded to go into the desk and take out a stamp and stamped the paper. I trusted and believed them. After all, a Bank wouldn't deceive anybody. WRONG! My husband died suddenly of a massive heart attack in April of 2005. I am still grieving. In the meantime while my life is turned upside down, I am assuming that his partner is paying his portion of this loan. Well, he wasn't and isn't. I called the bank several times and told each and every one I spoke to of my husband's death. I was given different stories. I told them to close all his account (checking, savings, etc.) and they said I couldn't do that because he had to. Okay, how? I went in there with papers from a judge proving I now had the right to close. They said I had to call here and there and do this and that. I got nowhere. I top of which I had no money. In September of 2005 I was served with foreclosure papers from BofA. I was devastated. What else could go wrong. Why are they doing this. Why is my name on these papers, I had nothing to do with it. I didn't borrow the money. I tried telling them what was going on, no one would help me. Oh my, what am I going to do? They were after me with a vengeance. I couldn't sell the house because it in my husband's name only, so how to pay them? What'll I do? I hired a probate lawyer. I gave him the foreclosure papers and explained to him what was happening. He was bewildered. I showed him all the statements and he wondered which one is for the line of credit. It's ambiguous. I never know what I'm paying. I had to come up with $7000. to re-instate everything. Tried working with them again, since they continue to charge for an insurance against the not yet closed checking account so charging fees for not having money to pay for the insurance that should have been cancelled a year ago, as requested. It's a vicious circle. Now the statements are saying that my minimum payment is $6000. and growing, WHY? I can't get answers, or anywhere. This is so unfair. I don't know what to do and am so scared that foreclosure is imminent. I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy. E. brandon, FloridaU.S.A.
Jan 30 2006
Bank Of America ripoff San Francisco California
Consumers beware! When checking our bill for our BofA VISA card this week-end I noticed a charge for $99.99 from a travel service. We immediately called customer service for B of A, and the girl said oh yes they know who they are. We asked if they could tell us, since this was an unauthorized charge on our account. The girl said you can call them, but they're not opened on the week-ends. How did this happen? You know all of the flyers you get when you open your credit card bills? Well, I for one throw them away as I am not interested in buying a diamond ring, or a pen set through this kind of crap. Well, apparently, they are one of the flyers and if you don't take a look at this flyer it says in small print that you need to return this flyer or they will charge your account. Bank of America is fully aware of this fraudulent act, in fact, they're probably making money off of it. The girl would not help us at all. I personally don't read all of the junk mail we get, didn't think I had to. So, everyone be careful, look at what you get from these crooks. I'll update you with the name of the company as soon as we find out. Lexi Concord, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: San Francisco, California
41, Report #206346
Aug 16 2006
Bank Of America ripoff Phoenix Arizona
We have been banking with Bank of America since 1991 when it was Barnett Bank, then Nations Bank. We have had a mortgage, a boat, a car, three credit cards and three checking accouths with them. As long as we had money going into the bank they were happy as clams. When the market dropped in 2001 and we lost our jobs Bank of America has treated us like dirt. One ATM card was used over the weekend and it showed an overdraft of 34.19 Bank of America charged us 170.00 in over draft fees. I contacted the CEO and had it reduced. We were charged 34.00 five times when the overdraft was just 19 cents over one overdraft fee. We had two credit card accounts with them. We have been trying to pay down. The bank continuously sabotages our efforts. My husband finally quit paying, it went to lawyers we set up a payment plan and were suppose to get payment coupons before August 10th to pay by August 15th. To date we have not seen any payment coupons. I asked for a reduced interest rate because I lost my income. They put me on a payment plan of six months. It was suppose to be auto deduction. They did so for four months, then they requested an additional month or they would send it to a lawyer. I fought it because I had been put on a plan by them. In June they took out two months worth of payments, July nothing and August nothing. My six months are up in September, they are now going to say that I didn't pay. It was auto deduct. They dropped the ball. I have no address in which to send a payment and I can not transfer out of my checking into my credit card account because they closed the account. How am I suppose to pay when they do not offer me an address to send a payment to. They deliberately do this so that we can not reduce our balance and end up going to court or paying until we die. I have gone to the Attorney General in my state and the Federal Trade Commission and they do nothing. How is a customer suppose to get help when even their state won't back them up Theresa Ocala, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Mar 11 2008
Bank Of America Money Mongruls Nationwide Nationwide
I have a credit score well over 700 and I am getting hit with with a 18.7% interest rate for a $37K loan which I started last in May 2007. If you think that is hard to believe...they started me out at 22% and finally talked them down to 20%! The only reason the interest went down to 18.7% was because the feds drop the interest rate. The SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST AMANDA was nice enough to tell me I was not qualified to have my interest rates dropped closer to 8.99% which they ADVERTISE on their website...leechs!!! Even though I have paid on time in the amount of $11,000 in the last 11 months, my $37K is down to $33K! It seems like I work for the bank!!! I have been a loyal customer of Bank of America since I was a child and this is how a loyal lifetime customer is treated and respected. I intend to close the Bank of America account and find a bank that is personally involved with the people residing in the community. Not with a bank with automated human robots on the other end...keep reading those scripts because your customer service needs some revamping. Poorinfl Clearwater, FloridaU.S.A.
Dec 10 2006
Bank Of America MBNA Transfer MisTruths Internet
In October B of A switched MBNA to thier online system. I could no longer access payments through thier system. I called made a phone payment, and they said they would take care of all intrest, late fees, etc. Until it could get fixed. I called 2 Weeks later... 2 1/2 hours on the phone for them to say it would still be a while. @ more weeks and 2 1/2 hours later to get hung up on. Sent out 62 e-mails with no responses. Finally went to a branch to ask and they said I had late fees and intrest that needed to be taken care of? After talking to 10 people they were going to do me the COURTESY of waving the late fee, but nothing else as I was at fault. for not contacting them sooner? This really isn't a life or death thing, I am just tired of companies not caring, or saying one thing then doing something else. Howard Richardson, TexasU.S.A.
Jan 11 2007
Bank Of America ripoff INSIDER FACTS Nationwide
I have been in the banking industry for many MANY years, currently i am employed with Bank of America and have been for over 8 years; my position is that of Team Manager in customer service. HERE ARE SOME FACTS YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW: - Did you know Bank of America intentionally abuses Regulation CC. (which establishes deposit hold lengths and reasons) because most customers are not aware of how it is applied?! Holds are constantly extended by an inexistent dept. called LRM (Liability Risk Management, which never seems to have any consumer contact) using this they can justify any and ALL OVERDRAFT fees that are caused due to the extended hold!! - Did you also know that Bank Of America is the only bank that postpones the release of holds (even after the verification of funds, stop payments, etc)until the business day after the scheduled date on the reciept given... {eg. Hold Release date 01/05/2006 the funds only become available on 01/08/2006 after 5pm!!!} We also claim that these holds CANNOT be released.....; oh yes they can: given certain criteria of course (mainly how much money you have and how often it was made!) -Remaining on the topic of Holds: Bank Of America is required to refund all overdraft fees caused by check deposits made though the ATM machine, as no hold notice is given at the exact time of the deposit....; guess what : they don't !! -Recently Bank Of America has introduced to it's associates the infamous now patented Refund Request Tool ..... this is a tool that gives an automated decision as to how much money the customer DESERVES to have refunded whether it be Overdraft Fees, Monthly Maintence fees, Stop Payment fee or any other fee; the decision is based on account history, past fees, AVERAGE BALANCES, etc. Which means that the more money and accounts you have, the better your chances for refund! The only problem with this tool though is that once one person makes a decision it's FINAL: so if you get someone who is unpleasant or someone who doesn't even discuss the issue with you, even if you file a claim you probably won't get your money back!!!! -Bank of America is entitled (as it once stated in one of the older versions of the Deposit Agreement) to change your account type at any given notice...., which as we all know: the wrong account will cause Monthly Maintenance Fees. This includes setting up and disolving the Advantage Relationship, Overdraft Protection and completing various account maintenance at will all WITHOUT NOTIFICATION!! -Bank of America, as we all know covers most states in the US, therefore interstate deposits shouldn't be a problem, correct?! WRONG! Bank of America delays manually the processing of an out of state deposit (even if it is made before the cutoff time) an extra business day in most cases; and 2 extra business days in other cases [such as from California to another state and Vice-Versa; Washington state & Idaho the same!] This obviously causes MORE OVERDRAFT FEES!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think this is unfair or don't believe me : try making the SAME deposit in an ATM machine.... the automated teller doesn't recognize {and doesn't care} what the state is, it will post the same day (in accordance with cutoff times, of course!) So it would make more sense to ALWAYS USE THE ATM FOR INTERSTATE DEPOSITS, right?! Well, these are just a few of the many ways Bank Of America, among many other financial institutions, uses it magnitude to push the 'smaller' customers around without them being aware of ANYTHING at all. BE CAREFUL & USE THIS INFORMATION WISELY Anonimo Rotten Apple, New YorkU.S.A.
Mar 08 2007
Bank Of America fraudulent NSF charges Ripoff Internet
I was a loyal Bank of America customer. I had been with them for more than 7 years. I made a deposit and was given a deposit slip and was sent on my way. I look at my bank account everyday on line. I checked it the next day to make sure that the deposit was credited to my account (which I always do) and noticed about mid-week that checks and debits that I had made were being returned but the money was still in my account. On top of that I was getting NSF charges. I quickly called BOA and was told that the deposit I made was put on hold. I have NEVER in the 7 years that I had been with them, EVER had a check held. I was told that it was being held for 3 days. Aren't the tellers required to tell you if they are going to place a check on hold? The result of that was TEN NSF charges totaling $340.00. I called BOA and was told they would not reverse them. I asked why the check was held? It was from a hospital and down by the signature line it read for verification call 1-800-000-0000. There was absolutely no reason for them to hold the check. I quickly left BOA. Since I have left I have been told by friends and acquaintences that similar things have happened to them by BOA. Someone needs to stop this practice of stealing money from their clients. I wish I could find others that have been screwed over by BOA and band together and sue them! Thank you. Robin Disputanta, VirginiaU.S.A.
Aug 13 2007
Bank Of America Deceptive practices, predatory, Wilmington Delaware
I have been paying my credit card bill to Bank of America for well over two years via my bank account online I have always paid it around the 10th -12th of the month. This month they have said that my payment was late, so naturally my introdductory rate (I've had this card for years) will go up to 33% or some godforsaken amount. I checked, and I paid them the same time I always do - so I find out they've changed the payment due date to a couple days before the time I always pay. I sent them a complaint saying I'm not paying that rate, and I don't like the way they've changed the due date very sneakily, and I won't be paying at all until they lower the rate to even lower than it was before. They caught me this way once before - I had been paying an automatic payment via my bank to Bank of America when the minimum went up by $20. I found out a week later and paid them the extra $20 plus more to cover the next month's bill, but they said that I would have to pay 33% interest for six months anyway. I won't go through that again. I told them that they can either lower my interest, change the payment date back to the way it was, or I was going to declare bankruptcy. I simply will not do this stuff anymore. Banks are evil. Banksareevil PASADENA, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Wilmington, Delaware
Aug 26 2007
Bank Of America froze $4,000 Natick Massachusetts
My mother in law was taking care of her bedridden husband for the last 18 years in their apartment in Massachusetts. As he was bedridden, she did everything for him. She had his power of attorney on his checking account and other transactions and did all the banking for the last 18 years. He died and in the will, she was suppose to pay all the funeral expenses from his account and take any leftover money for herself. BOA froze the account upon his death and bounced all the checks written for funeral and associated items as was specified in the will. He died January 5th. It is now August 27th and BOA still has her money. They have told her that even though he died in Massachusetts and was a resident here for 12 years, she would have to have to go through the Florida courts, where the account was first opened. Florida courts have said they can't do anything as he was a resident of Mass and died in Mass. The only asset she has is the $4,000.00 which is locked up in the bank. They won't give her any information or help in resolving this situation. If we hire a lawyer, most of the money will go the them, if they can get it out of the bank. DO NOT HAVE A POWER OF ATTORNEY ON ANY BONDS, STOCKS SAVINGS OR CHECKING ACCOUNTS or important documents. Have them as a OR account. (Jim or Sally). This will save the hardship that my M-I-L is experiencing. Ted Ashland, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: Natick, Massachusetts
48, Report #271978
Sep 02 2007
Bank Of America Credit Card Rip Off Dallas Texas
To whom it may concern, I would like to report an ongoing problem I have had with Bank of America. You may be familiar with this issue, as I have seen a recent segment on Fox 4warned regarding the same scams. I have a credit card and have always made my monthly payments on time. I use on-line banking to help ensure timely transactions. BOA encourages this, but there is a catch. One month, however, my payment was not posted. The following month, of course, showed a late fee and double billing. I sent my usual amount (well above the minimum payment due) and called the bank to ask about my last payment not being posted in a timely manor and was assured that the issue would be taken care of. It was not. Each monthly statement looks worse. My interest rate shot way up. The late fees are stacking even though I am making payments well before the due date! The bank is telling me each month that I am getting farther and farther behind even though I have been sending in money each and every month because it can take them 2 weeks to post it AND they keep moving the due dates! That was more than a year ago and I am still fighting to get the account caught up. My minimum was $10 at first. I have been paying them $200. They are sending me threatening letters saying I am 19 months behind and owe them a minimum payment of $1000. Of course, I cannot pay them that much, so I have been trying (in vain) to work this out with the bank, but their customer service is just infuriating. Hold times can be hours long and operators talk in circles. I have been to local branch managers, but they tell me they can do nothing and that I must take my case to the corporation. I have been told by corporate customer server it will be fixed. I have been told I must pay or else. I have been told not to rely on on-line banking, as it is common for the computers to process transactions in batches and some delays can be expected. That is another scam unto itself, which I will not go into here, but I have heard that BOA will play with how they post debits and credits so that you can easily come out in the hole and incur overdraft fees! I have been told I have not been making payments even though I have confirmation numbers and transactions slips with date/time stamps on them to prove I have been. BOA simply will not acknowledge my payments! To make matters worse, at one point a few months ago, they actually blocked me from the website so that I could not make a monthly payment! I managed to get that service turned back on, but not before drawing more late fees and a higher interest rate! Is this willful sabotage?? Without going into too much detail, I used this CC account for just one thing, which cost about $6000. Today, two years later, my balance is HIGHER than that and I have paid them no less than $4500! I want and expect them to show a reduction! I was surprised to find several websites dedicated to complaints about Bank of Scamerica. Other banks I work with do NOT treat me like this! There must be some way to fight this! Please help. Thank you, LJD Ljd Dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Oct 05 2002
Bank of America Corporate Fraud Reno Nationwide
The United States Constitution guarantees the right of an individaul to own property. Bank of America at the advise of legal counsel with malfeasance balantly ignores the Fifth Amendment. Malfeasance is Evil doing; ill conduct; the commission of some act which is positively prohibited by law. The Fifth Amendment guarantees due process, which means proper notice must be given. Bank of America with intent to commit fraud, fails to notice under the Fifth Amendment. Fraud is An intentional perversion of truth; deceitful practice or device resorted to with intent to deprive another of property or other right, or in some manner to do him injury. Fraud is not only a misrepesentation it is also ommission to perform. I openned an escrow to payoff Bank of America a judgment lien. At the close of escrow I was given a Deed of Reconveyance. In the United States of America deed is not given unless the property is free and clear of all liens and encumbrances. This evidences the ownership of the property and title is given in the owners name. After giving a Deed of Reconveyance, which transferred the property back to me, free and clear of any liens, the bank reliened my property. It claims the lien was not paid. The bank simply failed to notice a satisfaction of judgment and claims the Deed of Reconveyance does not evidence claim of ownership. Bank of America relied and preyed on the fact that most citizens do not have a comprehensible understanding of the Fifth Amendment, which is due process, which means due notice, and every state has written into its constitution a confirmation of the Fifth Amendment. The point being, Bank of America received a judgment lien in a court of law. The costs of this lien was not noticed in the court in accordance with federal and state law that the cost had to be noticed within five days. By the bank's failure to notice I was deprived of the opportunity to appeal the costs. After paying the cost of the judgment lien I was given a Deed, but the bank failed to notice a satisfaction of the judgment, thus the bank was able to relien. The orginal amount of the lien was $8,093. It noticed a lien after a deed of reconveyance in the amount of $43,242. Bank of America knows the law and uses it against citizens. It retains attorneys to violate the Constitution and State law, simply because it has the power to do so. It not only contributes to all parties running for office, but in the State of Nevada all city, county and state funds are deposited into its bank. Debby Carson City, Nevada
Entity: Reno, Nevada
Apr 06 2003
Bank Of America ripoff Tucson Arizona
Another game Bank of America enjoys playing is when ever they choose to excercise their right to make chnges to your account or account status. They 1st make what ever transaction necessary then on the same day they mail you the information informing you of the change. Therefore, you are informed of a problem or situation after it already to late to do anything about it. What do you do when you are desperately in need of cash and B of A has frozen your account or they experience one of the many gliches the have in their system? If Bank of America was as good of an organization as they claim to be. They would inform customers of any problem immediatley and give the customer or themselves at LEAST 24hours to get it fixed. But they don't, they could care less how long you've been a member, how much money you've had in their accounts, what your account history is like, or what kind of hell they're putting people through. All bank of america is concerned about is how much money they can get out of your pocket and into their own! Rob Tucson, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Tucson, Arizona