CIC CREDIT MONITORING Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: CIC Credit Monitoring

There may be more reports for "CIC Credit Monitoring"

For more results perform a general search for "CIC Credit Monitoring"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Mar 08 2003
Cic Monitoring rip-off Internet
I went online just to get a free credit report. I didnt know they were going to take upon their selfs to help their self with the money without permisson.I want the money back they took from me. Sandra irvine, KentuckyU.S.A.
Apr 03 2005
Cic Credit Monitoring ripoff credit card charge Nationwide
I tried the supposedly free service of consumerinfo.com refered by yahoo. I never received the free credit report as they promised, so I emailed them to cancel it after 10 days of my registration. However, they still charged me $9.95 as the monthly fee!!! Looks like this company is a complete ripoff! Tian brookfield, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Jan 23 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff! Internet
$79.95 was deducted from my debit checking account without being authorized. I used there service for less than 30 days and cancelled it about a year ago. Now this all of a sudden is deducted from my checking. Kimberly Joliet, IllinoisU.S.A.
Feb 28 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Orange California
CIC Credit monitoring failed to give me a free report or any other kind of report. I was chaged $9.95 for four months $39.80. My bank (BofA) tells me that they have had many clients complain about CIC's services. The bank says closing the card will not stop the charges. I am a 100% disabled Korean War Veteran and I wish to report this rip off to the Attorney General of California and/or join in a Class action or any legal form of getting this company to stop taking my little money. John San Francisco, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Orange, California
Apr 03 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff California
I was charged 79.95 2 times 1 year ago on my credit card. When I called the number to dispute thier charges, I was told there was nothing they could do. Now it is 1 year later and I have been charged 2 times again for a service which I have no idea what it is. I disputed this charge with my credit card company and hopefully the charges will be taken off. Kristen Oak Park, IllinoisU.S.A.
Apr 01 2005
Cic Credit Monitoring ripoff Nationwide
Keep at it is all I have to say! I got my money back just by calling my visa 800 number!! They sent me a disclamier to sign and then they gave my 9.95 back. The women I talked to told me 100's of others where having the same problem and she said it was a good thing that I called otherwise they would have just kept at until i caught on. Luckily I check my acount online at least once a week. It's amazing how these people can get away with this over and over it makes me sick and I hope someone puts a stop to this soon! Special thanks btw to google for sending me here =-) Nicole Newport News, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide, Internet
Mar 22 2005
CIC*Credit Monitoring ripoff Nationwide Internet
Ordered free annual Credit report and credit score for a small fee from TransUnion, then got additional unauthorized $79.75 charge for CIC*Credit Monitoring on the same VISA card shortly thereafter. When I called TransUnion to dispute the charge they said they did not charge it. They said they had no idea who CIC is or how to contact them. Luckily I disputed my VISA charge within days of it posting--it pays to watch your Charge Accounts online and often! Cindy Anchorage, AlaskaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide, Internet
8, Report #142047
May 09 2005
Cic Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I was charged on my debit crad for three months of service for credit reports, and credit score. Once I asked how to get my score I was told it would be $5.00 more. I called to cancel my membership and was charged for a nother month before they canceled my account. I spent fourty dallors and never was able to view my credit score. Scott Gresham, OregonU.S.A.
May 02 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet California
I called CIC Credit Monitoring this morning to cancel a membership that I do not want. I got a message about high call volume and to email them if I wanted to cancel a membership. The phone recording was vague at best. They do not include any instruction as to the type of information that is needed to cancel a membership. The last thing I am going to do is email them my SSN or debit card number. How do I get rid of them? Peggy Strasburg, ColoradoU.S.A.
May 03 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff California Internet
When I installed Quicken 2005 an offer for a free credit report popped up. The offer was to get my credit score and to use CIC's credit monitoring service for 30 days without charge if I cancelled before the end of the free trial period. When the service, CIC Credit Monitoring did not deliver what they promised, i.e. my credit score, but wanted additional money to obtain it, I called to cancel. I received a recorded message that all their lines were busy but if I was calling to cancel I could send them an email and they gave me the email address. I promptly emailed them, well before the end of the 30 day trial period. Nonetheless, on my next credit card statement I discovered that CIC had charged me in spite of having cancelled. Soon thereafter I received an email notice from them that my credit score had changed and they gave me the link to their web page so I could access my account. I went to their web page and Itried to access my account but was told I had no account. I took this to mean that I finally had been in fact cancelled. I decided to write off the one month they had charged me as my just deserts for not smelling an obvious scam. Well, another month went by and I have been charged again for CIC's non-existent service. Now I see that many complaints have been filed against CIC and a class action suit may be in the offing. In retrospect, it appears that the phone message they gave me telling me to email them to cancel was just part of their fraud. Roger Lompoc, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Sep 21 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Irvine California
I have contacted the CIC credit monitoring service to stop charging my credit card an annual fee of 79.95, and demanded they reverse the charges to my credit card. I cancelled my membership over a year ago and was told at that time I would no longer be charged. I was checking my most recent credit card statement and noticed they are still charging me their annual fee! I contacted the company this morning and spoke with a customer representative by the name of Joni, and I demanded the charges be reversed. She said the recent charges will be reversed withing 10 business days. I shall see if this happens. It is unbelievable how many people have been charged unauthorized charges and this company is still in business!! Thomas Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Irvine, California
Feb 22 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Orange Hawaii
Thanks to this website, I was able to contact CIC Credit Monitoring to dispute the unauthorized charge to my account. I am a Texas lawyer and threated to call the Texas Attorney General and file a complaint so they decided to re-evaluate their no refund policy and refund my $9.95 fee that was not authorized. I simply pulled a credit report and they attempted to enroll me in their monitoring program. I specifically said NO to that option when I was ordering. Patricia Plano, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Orange, Hawaii
Feb 10 2005
ConsumerInfo.com - CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff California
I'm sorry I haven't more info. A $79.95 charge for membership to this credit check business appeared on my checking acct statement. They said, when I called them at the 800#, that this was the yearly membership fee from last March thru this Feb. I NEVER asked for this service. I double checked back thru my files. I haven't wanted or required a credit check for anything in the last several years. These people kept asserting that they were a reputable firm, bla de bla........... I finally got them to recend and credit my acct, which is forth coming. I'll let you know and call back and try to find out where specifically they are. Mike Ivanhoe, TexasU.S.A.
14, Report #120674
Dec 01 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Skokie Illinois
This company says that after they give you a copy of your credit report that you can just cancel and you will not pay a dime. What a crock. Two days after I signed up I sent them a email specifically saying that they stop the membership and I kept a record for myself. About a month later I get a charge off my account for the 79.95 charge and the thing that pissed me off was that I did not have that much in my account at that time so i got a 30 dollar charge that my bank refused to take away and that CIC refused to pay. So now I had to pay a extra 30 bucks for no reason. The thing I learned is never ever give a company permission to continually take money out of your bank account. John skokie, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Skokie, Illinois
Dec 11 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I am reporting another instance of CIC Creidt Reporting charging 79.95 for a service I never asked for. When called, they said I had enrolled a year ago. I hadn't. Under duress, they agreed to cancel my subscription and give me a refund. However, looing at the number of instances in the past month ONLY reported on your webiste, it seems to me this is a very big problem and needs to be reported to a larger authority. These guys should be shut down and fined. Karen Winchester, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Jan 10 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff California
Last November I red an add on Internet posted by CIC Credit Monitoring. They were offering one month free trial to access my credit report so I signed. I tried to access my credit report but I couldn't since I was getting prompts for additional charges. Before the expiration of the free month I telephoned the company and cancelled the subscription. Well my credit card account is charged $9.95. Frustrated I telephoned CIC again and the company rep not only did not resolve the issue but assured me again that he will cancell my subscription today (?)... He couldn't explain to me why he would have to cancell my already cancelled subscription. I wrote an E-mail to my credit card company tonight and asked for help with filing a dispute. So, you guys can welcome me in the Ripped-off Club. How you doin' today ? Latchezar Havre De Grace, MarylandU.S.A.
Jul 04 2005
CIC CREDIT MONITORING 800-2202626CAUS ripoff Internet
I had a new mastercard/checkcard card sent to me from my bank account, once they issue you a new card your old card is canceled, AFTER they canceled my old card, I noticed a charge on my bank statement of -$9.95 I did not authorize this AT ALL if my credit card is canceled, how is this company able to charge me a fee for something I didnt authorize from a canceled credit card , I have not been able to access this report after the free trial... Jason arlington, TexasU.S.A. CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back
Feb 05 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring Services ripoff Internet
CIC Credit Monitoring Service signed up for a free credit report (which I never receipt), the proceeded to bill me for 79.95 with no mail notice or phone call of any kind!! This is a fraud!!!!!!! Claudia Stamford, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Sep 10 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Orange California
Charged a monthly $79.95 on my VISA check card without autgorization from a one time request of credit report that I payed aprox. $25.00. Will be calling company then number on another rip off report and filling a complainty with Federal Trade Commission for computer internet fraud. Michael Fresno, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Orange, California
Jul 25 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff scam dirt bags Nationwide
just a few days ago i just checked my statements on my credit card online and poof there was a charge of $79.95. I don't remember even going to the web page to even sign up for the free credit check and because of that damn fraud from CIC Credit Monitor i got a overlimit fee thank you very much ripoff punks 7/11/2003 CIC*CREDIT MONITOR SVC, 877-513-4175 , CA $79.95 7/12/2003 OVERLIMIT FEE $29.00 R juneau, AlaskaU.S.A.
Jul 16 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring Service ripoff Internet
I too was charged $79.95 to my Visa by this CIC Credit Monitoring Service to which I had NOT authorized. I called and spoke to someone at the company to which I was assured that this would be credited back to my account!!! This was not the first nor the last time an internet company has charged bogus crap to my account, I guess they think we are too stupid to notice this stuff!! WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS?? Pissed in Houston!! Michaele Houston, TexasU.S.A.
Jul 06 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring Ripoff Fradulent charge Internet
I signed up for a free credit report, no obligation necessary. After viewing my report, I called the company to verify that I was not interested in enrolling in their monitoring service. I was assurred that I would not be charged. 3 days later a charge from the company appeared on my bank account. I contacted the number provided in the tracking information provided by my bank. I was told that though they could cancel my membership (again) they would not be able to refund the charges placed on my account because they had no record of my first call. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was told that there were no supervisors for me to speak with and it would be necessary for me to send a fax, out lining my comlaint to 714-385-2100. When I expressed that I did not feel that I had received adequate assistance with my complaint, I was told there was nothing more that would be done and was disconnected. Erika Richmond, MaineU.S.A.
Jul 12 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I was checking my online information for my checking account when I noticed that I had been charged 79.95 from a company that I had never heard of before. I then searched the internet for the company and came upon this site. I found out that there are many other people who were ripped-off by this company. Please join in the fight of CIC. Thank You. Leland Searcy, ArkansasU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Aug 07 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I didn't even sign up for any stupid credit report and all of a sudden i have a 9.95 charge on my credit card. I then googled the name of the compnay and found i was not the only one!! I am poor and they can't have any money i do have! Lisa allentown, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Oct 04 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring unauthorized charge Internet
I found an unauthorized charge of $79.95 on my credit card this month. I called to find out what it was and it was from CIC Credit Monitoring. Apparently, when I wanted to review my credit history last year, I was unknowingly signed up for something that they are now charging me for. I called back my credit card company and filed a dispute (after seeing how many complaints were filed here). This is unbelievable! I went ahead and closed my credit card so they can no longer charge my account. Susan Auburn Hills, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Unknown, Nationwide