CIC CREDIT MONITORING Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: CIC Credit Monitoring

There may be more reports for "CIC Credit Monitoring"

For more results perform a general search for "CIC Credit Monitoring"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Orange California
I just realized today that I had a charge from this credit report company that I never even heard of OR recieved any services from! I was so upset, I went online to find out who they are and I found these stories about them, I just wanted to add in my two cents because it really isn't right. I called and spoke with a rep. he assured me that HE would be able to escalate the complaint and get my refund for me, I asked him just to transfer me to the department that takes care of these issues, he wouldn't. The thing is that he said himself that this type of problem has been occuring a lot recently, the nerve, do you really feel that you should let me know your company has been attempting to rip off lots of other people?! I told him to close my account he said IF the refund department feels like I have a legitimate dispute, they will refund the money within 3-5 days. We'll see what happens. Maria San Antonio, TexasU.S.A.
Sep 18 2004
Cic Credit Monitoring ripoff California
I had 79.95 taken out of my checking account on the 15th of September without my authorization. Terry Dawson Springs, KentuckyU.S.A.
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff California
This incredibly dishonest company has more tricks to steal your money than a sideshow conman. When I first canceled the service after having it for 6 months and 14 days I was told that since I had the service for over 6 months that I could not cancel it and get a refund. After a brief discussion about the timeframe (me claiming that the 30 day FREE trial period shouldn't count, they claiming it did) I relented and told them to just cancel it as I was presently in bankruptcy and the service was of no value to me. Imagine my surprise when my June bank statement arrived with a POS debit of $79.95 for CIC Credit Monitoring. I immediately called them, listened politely to the spiel about the value of the service and informed them that due to my present financial situation their service was not appropriate for me. The customer service rep was apologetic and assured me a refund. My July bank statement arrived with a refund of $72.40 ( $7.55 short of the original charge ). I again called the 800 number and was told that since the service was available to me for that period of time they were entitled to a prorated fee. I argued that the service was canceled over 7 months ago and should not have been debited from my account in first place. I was informed that there was note on the account saying that when I called the first time that I had hung up and the transaction was not completed and the service was not canceled at that time. In my frustration I told the rep that I hoped that $7.55 worth it to the company for the grief that I planned to heap upon it from every agency and avenue that I could muster. AND, THIS REPORT IS JUST THE BEGINNING. Marie Dobbins, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Sep 21 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Kalmazoo Michigan
I thought I was just signing up for a one time look at my credit and the next thing I know I'm being charged a fee every month! I wasn't informed that I was signing up for this monthly useage and I didn't do so. When I filed a complaint with my bank they sent a letter to the company who verified that I had indeed signed up for a monthly transaction. I asked my bank rep where does that leave me, if they're going to believe that the company was truthful? My bank rep said, Well your the one that used the site, so you are responsable. I was shocked at her reply and vowed to track these people down, through this web site I found them and they swear I don't have an account. I'm sure this is going to be a long bitter battle for me between my bank, this company and my nerves. I hope the readers of this site spread the word about this company, exspecially when the banks take their side. Sherry Arcanum, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Kalmazoo, Michigan
Cic Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I was offered a 30 day free trial after Iread my report, I quickly sent them an email asking them to please cancel my memebership. this was 8/9/04 well my bank staement came & there Iwas charged $40.90 for a credit report , I've tried to get an email address from what was on my staement, but it kept taking me to the free report page . it has alink to customer service but it doesn't go anywhere so after a bit a blank page appears Warning! this page has expired. Richard & Ethel Martinez Ethel Boyd, TexasU.S.A.
Sep 14 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring Ripoff Internet
I went to the CIC Credit Monitoring site and clicked on a free credit check, only to find out a month later that they charged me $79.95. Not only did they charge me once but I later received another bill for the same amount months later (this is especially upsetting considering the fact that I only used their services once.) Now not only do I have to cancel my credit card, which I've had now for more then 4 years, but I also have to pay fees for something that was supposed to be free. Jessica Milwaukee, WisconsinU.S.A.
May 08 2004
Cic Credit Monitoring ripoff Nationwide
About thirty days ago I requested my FICO reports from the three agencies. The only site I gave my cc number to was MYFICO. Now this scam company, CIC Monitoring, has charged my cc account. I am filing fraud charges through my banking instituition and have emailed MYFICO with the above. Brian Imperial Beach, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jun 02 2004
Consumerinfo.com - CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I needed my credit report and they billed my credit card 39.95 plus 5.00 for additional information and never got my information. I am a single lady on a small income and I need my money back. Melissa Adolphus, KentuckyU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
May 05 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff! Internet
I am a single mother, I just started a job after completing graduate school which I am paying for every month. I am a social worker for the school system in tennessee so i am not a rich person by any means. I check my bank statements constantly to see how much money i have so i wont bounce anything and to go to work an see a debit for something i didn't even know about is heart breaking and upseting. This is a rip off. I don't even remember entering any credit card information in for this company and if i did it was several months ago while i was looking for a place for me an my son to live. now i have to call the bank, stop my card and wait till they can do something about it. Is this how individuals repay people in my field people who struggle day to day in order to help others? if it is I don't appreciate it one bit and I am going to fight as hard as I can to make sure this is taken care of. this right now is taking away from my work time since i am so upset about it rip off. Angela murfreesboro, TennesseeU.S.A.
35, Report #92064
May 19 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I remember signing up for a free credit report at some site a long time ago. I never received a credit report, or any confirmation. This month, I saw an unauthorized $8.95 charge to my credit card (Discover)... I never receieved any receipt of authorization or confirmation for a charge. Absolutely NO service was ever provided by the website I signed up at (I forgot, this was a while back), and I got NOTHING back from them--so I figured that it never worked. This month, the charge appeared out of nowhere--and I am perfectly sure of all the places I shop and where I use my specific credit card. This charge occured on May 6, and appears as CIC*CREDIT MONITORING 800-220-2626 CA. This is absolutely outrageous... If there's nothing that can be done about it, I will close this credit card account. S West Lafayette, IndianaU.S.A. CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back
Sep 30 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Orange California
Last year this company told me I did not call and tell them I did not want to have continuing credit report. I told them in that phone conversation I did not want any further reports. That when this year came around they were to cancel the collecting of $79.95. However this year the withdrew the yearly fee of $79.95. They do not do what a person requests. This report orginally was for a friend (Charles) I allow him to get a one time report on my Visa as he did not have a Visa Card. When I called a cancelation, they insisted I could not cancel even through it was my Visa card. I had Chuck call and tell them to cancel. They obvious did not honor either request. Jeanene Reading, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Nov 01 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I too want to report I was a victim of this company and can also offer a simple solution to the problem. I had signed up for this service having read the fine print. I understood what I was getting into and had a gut feeling it was a bad idea but knew I had fulfilled my end of the agreement. My assumption was that this was a legitimate company and is bound by law to follow their agreement just like I have to but found out that this is not true. I had cancelled the agreement moments after printing out my free report. This is totally within their disclosure. I have the right to cancel at any time but would have to pay after the trial period had elapsed. I was angry to find that they charged me even though I had cancelled. This is my advice. You must document the time and date you called and it doesn't hurt to find out which associate helped you with your request to cancel. This information can be used to call the number on your statement and assertively let them know what your concern is. Be polite yet firm about your request and let them know that the only possible solution is for them to refund the full amount. This worked for me. It wasn't hard and I am guessing this is due to the fact that they handle these calls all the time. I have been hassled by companies like this before. You must stand your ground and tell them what they must do or that you will file a claim against them. It isn't fair that you were charged at all but its worth the hassle to get your money back. My second piece of advice is to not use any online services of this type since I have encountered the same problem from other companies. It's a scam that works on people who do not diligently check their bank statements. It works; do not be a victim. I would like to know if anyone has had any luck with a class action settlement. They deserve to be punished for their deliberate neglect in updating their records. Jennifer Wrightstown, WisconsinU.S.A.
Entity:
Oct 13 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff California
This company which I had no idea who was or why they would take out a total of $79.95 not once but twice is taking my money out of my bank account. I could not believe it when I did the search for the name on the internet to find all of this horrible stuff about this company. I am very upset and have already filed a claim with my bank. I will also be talking to the attorney who is going after this company I will be getting my money back from this horrible company. Rebecca phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Apr 28 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring Service ripoff Internet
CIC Credit Monitoring Ripped me off for 79.95 after offering me a free credit report, filled it out in my husbands name with his ss#. Cancelled mid way filling out form for free report. Never received report but did get charged 79.95 for my troubles. Called the company to have charge removed but because I used my husbands name he would have to call because of privacy laws but it is ok to use my credit card #, which I don't know how they got as I normally do not give this information for something that is free. ScamArtist, Bastards. Rot in hell!!!!! Robin Stevensville, MarylandU.S.A.
May 26 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Shawnee Oklahoma
I have $79.95 deducted from my checking account. If this is a free credit report online, I wish someone would explain the overdrafts on my account to me. The domino effect has cost me $86.00 in overdraft fees alone. Not to mention having to call and explain the problem to the places that the checks were returned to. One of which was a child/spousal support check to my ex. I believe that I am owed all of the money back that this so called free credit report has cost me. $321.00!!!! Jimmy Shawnee, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity:
41, Report #119591
Nov 23 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I thought I was getting a free credit report,this was about six months ago. until I notice a charge on my bank account from CIC CREDIT REPORTING,I did not sign up for this charge. I need some info as to how to contact these people and tell them to stop charging my credit card. since I have no idea who they are,or how they got a hold of my credit card info. Mario Grayslake, IllinoisU.S.A.
Nov 10 2004
CIC* Credit Monitoring ripoff California
Reconciling my mother's October statement (she's a retired senior citizen), I noticed this peculiar $9.95 fee. After checking with Mom, she had gone to this Free Credit Report website and had cancelled right away. After doing a web search, I found your less than flattering statements regarding bad consumer experiences. Well, you can add us to the list. I refused to provide an account number (again) to these people, finally speaking with Jade (an alleged supervisor). After taking a forceful stance (knowing all too well the telephone etiquette they brainwash to these telemarketers), she cancelled the account, but could not reverse the initial charges (since a month had lapsed, allegedly). I'm going to the bank in a few minutes, and CIC better not be in any future bank statements. This company is run by crooks. Go to a legit source to get a real credit report without any hidden charges. CMS memphis, TennesseeU.S.A.
Jun 11 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring Service ripoff Internet
cic credit monitoring service has charged me 79.95 for a report that I have never ordered from them, and in fact had never heard of them until I saw the charge on my checking account. This company has stolen from me and I hope they go to jail just like any other criminal. These people are theives. Douglas Georgetown, TexasU.S.A.
Jun 12 2004
CIC-Credit Monitoring ripoff Nationwide Internet
I just noticed a charge on my account for $79.95. I never authorized this charge. I did sign up for a free credit report 2 years ago and cancelled during the trial period. This is the first charge from them I have received Erika St. Petersburg, FloridaU.S.A.
Jun 14 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff California
CIC Credit Monitoring told me I could cancel at any time. NO where on the site does it have an area to cancel. After two e-mails stating I wanted to cancel, I was charged for services. Do Not sign up for their services!!!! You'll be sorry. Chelle Marion, IndianaU.S.A.
Jun 21 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Orange California
they charged my Visa, 79.95, and I want to cancel, and they won't let me cancel.. Keeps avoiding me. William Saginaw, MichiganU.S.A.
Jun 08 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I logged on to a pop-up ad to get my FREE credit report; it ended up costing me $12.95, which I paid. his morning there is a charge of $79.95 on my checking account for credit monitoring which I did not authorize or want. This is a scam. I know who is hitting my credit report. I don't need a company to say there have been no changes in the report. I was trying to clean up the past, not watch the present and future unfold. This is a rip-off that I intend to stop. I don't want anyone hitting my checking account without written approval from me. Brenda Bonneau, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Nationwide
Jun 16 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff California
I asked for a free credit report some time last year.... and today I was looking at my credit card statement and noticed a charge of $79.95 from CIC Credit Monitoring. I had never heard of these people. I called the company and they said after some time of arguing that they would refund the money at a prorated amount of $37.71. I immediately called my credit card company and am having the charge disputed. These people should be put out of business! Kristy Edmonds, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: California, California
Mar 29 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff scam Internet Worldwide
I was charged a fee of 79.95 by this company without knowing about it. Now I have NSF charges by my bank. John Marathon, FloridaU.S.A.
Jul 25 2008
CIC Credit Monitoring Unauthorized Charges Unknown Internet
I discovered a charge on my bank statement from CIC Credit Monitoring for $11.95. My bank said they were unable to help. I did not order, nor authorize CIC Credit Monitoring to charge me. When I googled CIC Credit Monitoring, the sites were nothing but complaints and different credit monitoring sites. I was unable to find any contact info. Although my bank was able to provide a number. The phone was answered by Triple Advantage, who was unable to pull up an account with my name. However, since my bank card was just cancelled I provided the card number and discovered it was not my name, address or social that was linked to the card number. I was informed by Triple Advantage that they would refund the 2 months of charges and would file a report to their supervisor for an investigation to be done. However, when I asked how they would refund, I was told it would be returned to the credit card that it was charged against. Apparently the woman did not pay attention when I told her it was my bank card and it had been cancelled. She said my bank will work with Triple Advantage to return my money to me. We shall see. The reason I cancelled my bank card is because there have been other attempted fraudulent charges in the last couple of days. Risk Management, a company my bank hired to monitor its customers card transactions, called me to ask about a couple of charges and when I verified I did not authorize them, my card was cancelled and a new one has been ordered. Are identity thieves using CIC Credit Monitoring to test the stolen info before making purchases with the card info? It has always been my understanding that to verify your credit card or bank card you had to provide your billing address. I questioned CIC Credit Counseling/Triple Advantage about this and was told that as long as a person has the complete credit card number the transaction will go through. What??? CIC/Triple did give me the name, state and email associated with my card number and verified that the last 4 of my SS# was not the numbers they have on file. I was also given a confirmation number of the cancellation of the account. And yes, I will be filing a police report too! Tanie Jacksonville, FloridaU.S.A.

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 5,765