CAPITAL ONE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Capital One

There may be more reports for "Capital One"

For more results perform a general search for "Capital One"

Showing 26-50 of 153,039 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Capital One"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Oct 26 2013
Capital One Capital One Credit CardsCapital One Financial Corporation Rewards Scam Salt Lake Cty Utah
I paid my credit card balance of $20,000 on time and never late. I was expecting to receive the rewards of 35,681 miles/points but was told that the account was restricted due to security reasons and the rewards are being forfeit. I did receive a very prompt and pleasant response by Capital One two week ago since I reported my complaint to BBB. But, Capital One still does not want to honor my accumulated points. Finally last week, a human being responded to me and explained the situation on why my accumulated points were forfeit after 3 years of me asking “what happen Capital One?”. The reason was because of a fraudulent merchant’s activities. Capitol One assumed and does imply indirectly that I knew about the merchants’ wrong doing. I consider this as an insult and an outrage. I as a customer simply used my Credit Card to buy merchandise. I did not know that the Merchant took such a malicious approach to harm me and my relationship with Capitol One. But for Capital One to forfeit my rights to the points which is approximately $350 is not reasonable and honestly unacceptable. I would like for Capital One to honor the points/rewards just like I honored my terms and conditions as a Credit Card holder of on-time, no late or missed payments. As of this week, Capital One continues to refuse to honor the accumulated points. I guess they did protect me from the merchant by restricting my credit card but took my points?
Entity: Salt Lake Cty, Utah
Dec 04 2009
CAPITAL ONE MORTGAGE CAPITAL ONE / CHEVY CHASE BANK CAPITAL ONE MORTGAGE CAPITAL ONE / CHEVY CHASE BANK REFUSE TO MODIFY HOME LOANS, Internet
CAPITAL ONE MORTGAGE CAPITAL ONE / CHEVY CHASE BANK Borrowers contacting AXJ about a refusal by these banks to modify home loans.Apparently they are foreclosing on properties without modifying home loans.All those affected should write their stories below.
Entity: , Internet
Jan 27 2004
Capital One ripoff Seattle Washington
Well a long and drawn out story. My husband got this Capital One card and bought a computer for his sister, she needed one and so we made a deal with her that she would pay the card. Dumb mistake #1. Anyways, within the first 2 months it was listed on his credit report, as late payments. She either didnt pay it or forgot about it. I decided that I would pay it, and get the money from her, a lot easier to deal with making sure it got paid and fighting her for the money. Time goes on, I am making the payments online and start seeing where I had been charged a late payment fee, when I have verification that I was paying on time. After a few months of this I finally got my husband on the phone with them (due to me not being on the account), and they told us that if we do not make the minimum payment that they charge a late payment fee. Well, I had made the minimums, I had it on paper. Per Ryan at Capital One, he told us that the minimum payment is not what is listed on the bill! I was like what, then how am I supposed to know what to pay so I dont get charged this fee? Ryan told me I would have to call in every month and find out what the minimum is according to Capital one and get that dollar amount. I said that is ridiculous, so dont pay attention to the amount on your bill, it is wrong! Ok well not everyone is wrong but if you get charged a late payment fee and you know you have paid ontime, then it is because you didnt pay what they wanted you to pay. According to Capital One the minimum is anywhere between 3-5% of the balance on the account, so it is difficult to decifer what they want you to pay. I asked Ryan why dont they put that on the bill and he told me, that is just the way Capital One does it. There is some wrong-doing here somewhere, and I dont think it is me. Lisa Montgomery, TexasU.S.A.
Jan 26 2004
Capital One End the Harrassing Calls! Virginia
I ended the 6:30AM calls from Capital One but also demanded that they change their policy w/i ten (1)) days of the conversation. I was receiving 2-3 calls/day, beginning five days after I mailed a chunk payment to Capital One. Then, I got a 6:30AM collections call! Got two more that same day! I'm glad they are recorded, since I advised the caller of the time of day it was! After that, I contiued to get harrassing and admonishment alls from Capital One, not debt collection cal1s, and not within legal hours to call under Federal Law. I decided that the CEO and other officers needed to be aware of this illegal activity by their company!! So, I decided that for every call I got, they would get one immediately afterward, AT THEIR HOMES!!! ---regadless of what time of day Capital One called me!! They were getting the same call that I got. I looked up the names of all board members, w into on their other company affiliations. Then I did a search by www.whitepages.com for those names, in the locations of the other company offices, and NY CIty!! Found the critters! Got home numbers and addresses. Then verified that I had the right persons by logging into the local TAX and DEEDs offices of each county the names were in. Located the residences, checked the $$$ of them, which verified that I had the right millionaire=collector associated w/ Capital One. At 8:20AM, 1/15/04, I received the second consecutive call from Captial One. That was it! I picked up the phone and called the residence of the former CEO, who's also still on the payroll. His wife answered. I informed her that I needed to speak w/ her husband. What's this about. I informed her it had to do with Capital One harrassing 6:30AM and multiple/daily calls. Then I advised her that for each illegal call I received, I would be calling her home, as well as the homes of each CEO! I got a call from Capital One Security! He wanted to make sure that I wasn't a threat to any of the CEOs. When he learned that I had posted the phone numbers of the Officers on the internet, he asked me to remove them. I advised him that it wasn't my web site, and they were already posted. He decided I was not threat, and really had a valid claim. He even made a comment voluntarily about the company, saying that they were the largest complained credit card company in the US and he knew of that personally! I told him that for every 6:30AM call I got, cell phone call I got, multiple/daily calls I got, I would be calling all of the executive officers at home to remind them that they were in violation of federal law, regardless of how early or late it was! He cleared me, and told me that an executie office person would call me afterwards. I got the call from Matt, who claims to be in the executive offices. Matt wanted me to remove the phone number from the web. NO! I told him that most of my charges were the result of Capital One's lowering my limit to BELOW my current balance, then charging over limit fees. I also told Matt that I would give Capital One ten (10) days to change their over limit policy to an ethical and honest policy, which didn't violate the usery laws, or I would file my complaint about the 6:30AM collections call (documented on my cell bill!!) as well as the multiple daily calls and the admonishment calls with the FTC and OTC. That could revoke thier business charter. To date, 1/26/04, Matt has not contacted me, as was agreed (within 10) days, regarding the policy change, which he was to present to the current CEO. Matt did remove me from the call list though. He cautioned me that I might get another call the next AM (after I had two that AM) since it was computer generated to go to acollecions agent. Instead of the next day, I got TWO (2) calls that afternoon, after we hung up. TWO CALLS w/i a short three hours is not collections, but harrassment. I have my land line calls on incomming/outgoing for that time period to document this. Since my call to the former CEO's wife, I've not been harrassed by Capital One. Try it yourself! Maybe they'll change the policy, if I don't compel it first! Carmen Clt., North CarolinaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Capital ONE CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. Consumer makes harsh but accurate statements. *Rip-off Report Investigation follow-up provides valuable information.
Entity: Virginia
May 01 2003
Capital One ripoff Richmond Virginia
Unbelievable that so many people are also unhappy with this company!!! I had 2 credit cards with Cap1 the first was a low balance which I paid off and closed..thte 2nd has been the thorn in my side. I pay every month with an original balance of 200.00 I am only financially able to pay the minimum but with finance charges and some late fees I am now up over $500.00! HOW DOES THIS COMPANY GET AWAY WITH IT!! I mean they should have figured it out by now, that if a person is having a hard time paying off the 200.00 what the hell makes 500.00 easier!!! Hopefully soon a class action lawsuit will get going and get these suckers off our backs!!! M San francisco, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Dec 28 2003
Capital One harrasment Nationwide
Capital One did not send a bill in December, so the payment slipped by. When I finally got a bill it was for double and a $29 late fee. Here the good part, the double payment was mailed, but I was getting phone calls, caller ID says private, some were only one hour apart, late at night. When calls were answered they would not identify themselves. After three calls one night, I answered one. They said they would drop the fine if I would go to automatic pay, he came close to demanding my checking account number. After refusing this service a dozen time in 20 minutes I asked for a supervisor, none were there(sounds funny), I told him to be sure to send me a statement and he has lost a customer, and he hung up on me. The bad thing about this is there customer service must be in India, everyone that called had the same acsent, I could only understand half of the sales pitch.. I will complain to someone higher up, but I'm sure the call will be routed to the same office in India. J Indianapolis, IndianaU.S.A.
Feb 10 2005
Capital One ripoff FALSE ADVERTISING Richmond Virginia
FALSE ADVERTISING; For a year or so, Capital One has advertised (on web site) the availability of $100 in air travel for 9000 cumulative miles (it's on their web site) or other equivalent dollars for greater miles, a multiplier of .9. Yet when asked to honor the original promise (and web site info), they say the multiplier is 1 and erect a stone wall that prevents getting any information! Outrageous false claim! See http://apply2.capitalone.com/8729/2-741/index.jsp?c=CardProd Bern Pinnacle, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Feb 11 2005
CAPITAL ONE ripoff Richmonx Virginia
Capital One offers air fares with mile accumulated via purchases. The multiplier is 100. That is, $100 x 100 uses 10000 points (earlier yesterday I erroneoursly wrote multiplier of .9). Yet clearly on their web site is the offer of $100 for 9000 points, a multiplier of 90 (that is, $100 x 90 demands 9000 points, not 10,000). Yet Capital One refuses to honor this promise and erects a stone wall when one tries to find why. SHAME! Bern Pinnacle, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Richmonx, Virginia
Jan 22 2005
Capital One ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Seattle Washington
Failed to follow through with a cancel request. Continued to bill me for A.P.R. after a cancel request was made. Plus, they continue to send bills for late payments after the card was canceled and the bill was paid in full. Refuses to close my account. Charles sutter, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jan 25 2005
Capital One ripoff Richmond Virginia
I had 2 credit cards with Capital One for about 3 yrs.. I had the balances transferred and was going to cancel both cards. I ended up cancelling one of the cards with a zero balance. Not recieving any statements or anything, months go by. A letter in the mail from a collection agency stating I owed $194.24!!! I called to find out nothing from the collection department other than to owe money. I called Capital One and talked to customer service explaining that I paid the account off 5 months ago. She tells me she would handle it and send something to her supervisor explaining that this was a mistake. A week goes by and I was still recieving phone calls. I call Capital One again. Customer service explains that there was a $3.88 balance on the account. I then asked why they would not send me a bill for that amount and instead choose to send it to a collection department. Customer service said they had a wrong address... how then did they get all my other statements to me for both accounts!!! Never had a problem before. I keep calling and now again the bill has gone up again! Customer service tells me the $3.88 just grew from fees!!! I wrote letters to every department through Capital One explaing that I have had 3 yrs of good report, nothing late, nothing never not paid. That I was more than willing to pay the $3.88 but not for fees that I was not responisble for. They sent me statement now for $233.62, more fees!!! None the less, I pulled my credit files and it is now on my files, the only negative!!! I am very angry that over $3.88 they did not send a bill and just send me a collector, every other mail/statement they have sent I recieved, except for $3.88. I feel that Capital One ripped me off since I switched credit card companies. This is a UNETHICAL way of handling business and no company should be able to rip faithful customers off!!! I am contacting my attonery general and will find other ways to contact everyone that has anything to do with these types of cases and report them. If anyone has any good advice... let me know! Finally... DON'T GET A CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD!!!!!!! Jane Lacey, WashingtonU.S.A.
Jun 15 2005
Capital One Ripoff fraudlent practices Unknown
Capital One has refused to provide any evidence to support their claim of debt against me. I have been arguing with them for 5 years. They have ignored and refused my disputes since June of 2000 and have been charging 20.8% interest per month on an invalid balance. I had to pay them off to acquire a security clearance in the military. I look forward to filing a lawsuit against them and wish to find a way to file criminal charges against them. They have maliciously attacked my credit report and refuse to provide proof of any right to do so. Their representatives have falsified documents for their file on me and have outright lied to me not to mention yelling at me and calling me a liar at times when I called them to get it resolved. I am currently seeking legal representation to file a lawsuit against them. How can captal one still be in business? If I had done what they have done I would be in prison. Michael port huemene, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Point Mugu, California
Jun 11 2005
Capital One Greedy Theives McLean Virginia
When I was 19 I got my first credit card. My husband and I were expecting our first child and I thought it would help us to have it. It was a 200.00 limit capital one gold card. We used it to buy tires for our car, and made the payments. While paying on the balance, my husband lost his job. I think our balance was around 40.00 at this point. I viewed the bill as one of least importance, because we were barely scraping by. One year later, after being turned over to collections for the amount owed, we got our tax return and I decided to pay it all off, as the balance had accumulated to nearly 450.00. I had learned the credit card lesson and so I paid it all and forgot about it. Keep in mind I was 20 years old and not NEARLY as experienced as I am now!(hahah) 2 years later I recieved a collection notice ( I don't even know the company) stating that my balance is 780.00. I was outraged! How could this be? I contacted them and they were totally unreasonable. Apparently there was a mysterious $3.45 balance that had not been paid when I sent in the full balance. Although I tried to argue it, the creditors were highly demanding and I felt so depressed after getting off of the phone with them that I didn't want to deal with the problem. I thought that because this was OBVIOUSLY not my fault, the problem would go away.(hahah!)Over the past 2 years I had only been contacted once about the balance of 780.00 stating that they would settle the account to 350.00. I refused, because I didn't owe them a penny. So, when my husband and I started looking for a house to buy, we obtained copies of our credit reports. When we saw it was still on there, I finally got up the nerve to resolve it. But now the balance was over 1,000.00!! Over the course of the past 6 months the creditors have called everyday at least once. He told me that because we had been late on our payment more than twice they were allowed to charge us more than 20% interest on the remaining balance. He said that Capital one has charged overlimit fees on top of late fees for the past 4 years, every month. When I told him my story, he told me to prove that I made payment. (Not that this is an excuse)BUT....I was 20 years old!!! What 20 year old keeps copies of money orders for 4 years???? I told him that I wanted to see documents and statements for the charges. He said he could not let me have access to my account. Does that seem weird to anyone but me? Before I realized that this man didn't have my best interests in mind, I told him that I really wanted to straighten out the matter and that if he could get it off of our credit report and if we could be done with the whole ordeal, I would pay 300.00 and no more. In my mind I considered this MORE than fair, after all they were out and out stealing my money. He agreed and (TRY NOT TO CRINGE)took down my bank account number, for a set date for a 50.00 withdrawl. BAD IDEA! I KNOW I KNOW! I called my husband, got scolded, and called back to tell him nevermind and that he was not authorized to take money out of our account after all. He was pissed! He cussed me out one side and down the other. Just to save our butts we spoke with a lady at our bank and told her the situation, just in case. She informed us that once I gave that information out to him it would be LEGAL regardless of whether I called back and said no. But if he did it more than the one time it would be fraud. Sure enough, he got his 50.00, but no more. He has called this week but I hung up on him and then when he called back I told him never to call me again because it's harrassment at this point. Hasn't called since, but I'm sure he will. I am really scared of what this is doing to our future. We have not been able to buy a home, have a car loan in our name or even have a cell phone without having a huge deposit because of this. I do have a question. It may be strange, but maybe someone knows the answer....when we got copies of our credit report there was a record at the bottom, which were of dates. It said : Aug. 2001 Sept. 2001 Oct. 2001, etc. and underneath it, it said Capital One under each month except one or two of the months. I was wondering if they were tapping in to bring down our credit score in any possible way or is that when they have tried to contact me??? I am clueless, but maybe someone can help. Holly Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Capital ONE CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. Consumer makes harsh but accurate statements. *Rip-off Report Investigation follow-up provides valuable information.
Entity: McLean, Virginia
Jun 05 2005
Capital One Bank ripoff Internet
I had an account withe Newport News (FCNB Bank)Due to financial difficulties I was unable to pay them. I did try to contact them when I had the funds. When I made the attempt to contact them ; they had no record of my account. I tried several times and I received the same information. 5 years after I receive a letter from a lawyer stating I was going to be sued for 4100.00 dollars owed to capital one as they took over the account from Newport News. I received no information stating the account was going to be transfered. I made a repayment plan with the lawyer and I was paying them until I received a letter from Capital one thanking me for my 100 payment and stating my balance was 1900. a year later. I tried to contact the lawyer because the amount they stated I owed was different from what was on file with capital one. I sent a certified letter to the lawyer requestung a statement of the funds I paid them and also a break down of the funds owed. I have yet to receive a response a month 1/2 later. I have contacted the FTC and I was avised this has happen to a number of people who had a newport news account as the went bankruot in 2003. If anyone has any information that is helpful it would be appreciated as I would like to get this settled Shanta brooklyn, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Jul 01 2003
Capital One Services fraudulent ripoff scam business Richmond Virginia
Capital One Services,Capital One Credit Card, Capital One Bank fraudulent ripoff business, ripped off and scammed Richmond Virginia ..... Lost my job and my Capital One Credit Card went into collection. When I got a job I started making payments,the cancled checks prove this, but the payments were not postedto/deducted from my account. The original collection ballance remains the same, plus interest. Capital Services and Capital One Bank are regulated by the Federal reserve and the Commonwealth Of Virginia's State Corporation Commission, Bureau of Financial Institutons. If you have been making payments I pays to check as see if your payments are being posted This seem like it might be another Lincon Savings and Loan, ENRON or World Com. Information on how to file a complaint is on the Virginia State Web site, The Federal Reserve web site also explains how to file a complaint. The more complaints about this issue and others the faster we will see action. Remember calm and concise statements and supporting documents, collection letters cancled checks an whatever else applies. Three complains is better than one covering three issues. Gary Hereford, ArizonaU.S.A.
Jun 24 2003
Capital One Tightening the Screws with Pretrial Conference NATIONWIDE
Same story with Capital One as a thousand others: Because of drop in income, contacted CO to close account and thereby stop continuing addition of late charges, overlimit fees, additional interest, etc. Of course they wouldn't close account without payment in full, but how could I pay in full if I couldn't make monthly payments? Long and short of it is that I called before even late the first time in an effort to do damage control: For my trouble I was told to forget it. Sure enough, now some law firm is suing me, they have more than doubled the amount I ever owed Capital One and frankly I don't feel it is fair. I called the debt collector/law firm and offered to pay $800 (even though I really owed them more like $650 or $700); they said no. I then said I would split the difference of the trumped up penalties and interest and pay $1200 at $50 per month; again, no. Today, I am looking for advice on (a) similar situations and how they came out at court and (b) any other defense-type strategies you can offer. I intend to present my situation to the judge, explain that I tried even before becoming delinquent to stop the impending flow of predatory lending fees and charges, and ask his consideration in determining a FAIR settlement. I don't mind paying what I *OWE* Capital One, but I think they have a responsibility, if they want to remain part of the USA's commerce system, to work with people FAIRLY when they have family emergencies. I'm sick of hearing, Gee, I understand your plight but there is really nothing I can do.... Yes there is, people.....apply payments ON TIME (not twelve days later), provide a short-term grace period for people having difficulties, etc. That sort of service might keep companies from getting 160+ negative posts on The RipOff Report.com! Spare me the you should've paid! nonsense; I didn't NOT PAY because I had a choice. I am STILL amenable to paying what I TRULY OWE....Regardless of what the fine print reads, fair and reasonable is fair and reasonable; beyond that is predatory lending. HELP! I only need responses until July 1. Thank you in advance. Mrs. A everywhereU.S.A.
Aug 30 2004
Capital One Grass Roots Justice Richmond Virginia
Businesses and in the area are now warning against the use of Capital One credit cards. Some have a few print-outs from this site. Signs with WARNING or BEWARE and an explination of the problems so many have with Capital One. It seem one store owners daughter got ripped-off by Capital One, and put up a sign. One started the trend and others followed as a Customer Service. Seem even some stores in Tucson AZ now display these warnings. If you have any in-put to local businesses spread this trend around the country. A few signs like these can negate millions of dollars spent on advertising by Capital One. Local papers like to pick-up on stories like this. Gary Hereford, ArizonaU.S.A.
Aug 13 2004
Capital One membership annual fee ripoff Richmond Virginia
Their website clearly states (http://apply2.capitalone.com/8090/1-724/disclosures.jsp?s=08090001724XXCO31XX1PLATMCXXXX) that for their Platinum M/C there is no annual / membership fee. I applied online and received my card a week later (June 2004). It had only a $500 limit so I called and asked them to close the account since it wasn't enough to transfer the balance of another credit card with high interest. I did not activate the card. Two weeks later, I received a billing statement saying that I owed them a $59 membership fee. I sent two letters (one to their billing dept., and another to customer svc.) demanding they remove the fee and close the account... this was in July... yesterday, (8/12/04) I received a second billing statement saying I owed them the $59 PLUS a $29 late fee! I am sending them two more letters and have filed complaints with the FTC and BBB. These people are LIARS and FRAUDS! Scott Tustin, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Aug 24 2004
Capital One ripoff false advertising Richmond Virginia
I received an offer from Capital One that said 2.99% fixed APR for life on balances transferred with this invitation. It didn't say up to 2.99% or maybe you'll get 2.99%. So, I guess, being the naive person I am, I applied. When I received my first statement, guess what the percentage rate was? 6.99%! How did that happen? I thought it was a mistake and told them so, but they won't change it to the 2.99% in my offer. I swear that there is no small print in the offer that says you may get 2.99%. Isn't this a case of false advertising? Is there an official agency that I can complain to? Kathy Huntington Beach, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Apr 08 2004
Capital One ripoff Seatlle Washington
My husband paid in full and cancelled his account with capital one in January 2004. After he closed account they then charged membership fees and finance charges on said fee. We called they said they would take off membership fee. they then left the finance charges from membership fee and added more fees(late charges,finance on new balance etc...). We called again they said they would remove all charges and after one billing cycle they would close account?! Next month same thing. We are now on the 4th month of their (mistake) and still waiting for them to correct it. Any ideas of what we can do to get them to do their jobs correctly?! Liz bartlett, IllinoisU.S.A.
Sep 28 2003
Capital One exploitation and pure greed Nationwide
this company is exploiting the unemployed and other low income people. they phone you at home tempting you into signing up for one of their credit cards offering you up to 2000,and say it dosn't matter your that your unemployed. i was foolish enough to fall into this trap,and was given a card with a limit of 200. i spent 184 on it and was late with a payment,so they added a late payment fee of 20 which put me over the 200 limit,so they added another 20. i fell into difficulties and wasn't able to get the account up to date. eventually i owed them 500 and offered to pay them 30 per month if they would stop the charges,buy they said they would not stop the charges,although they said i could pay 30 per month so what they were saying is i pay 30 per month,they add on 20 per plus interest so out of the 30 payment each month,the amount actually coming off my bill was around 3 to 4 i asked them how long it would take me to pay this off and what the final total was that i would end up paying but they said they couldn't. i then told them i was not prepared to pay 30 to them for what would be quite a few years and that it would be cheaper for me if they took me to the county court or handed the matter over to a collection agency and told them straight i had no intention of paying them another penny. they said they would do this when they choose to,they have now put the matter into the hands of an agency,but not before they added more monthly charges,total i now owe is 734. i know i only have myself to blame for this but do feel that capital one have been neglegent in allowing these charges to continue even knowing i was unemployed and would be unable to pay. they could have ended this matter a long time ago by agreeing to stop the charges and accepting my monthly payment of 30 but it seems they are greedy.. to anyone in the uk or anywhere being offered these cards designed for low income people,decline it. they will give you the lowest credit limit with the highest interest rate and even charge you around 20 admin costs. these cards are not designed to help you,they are simply a way of lining capitals ones pocket. Shaun liverpoolUnited Kingdom Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Capital ONE CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. Consumer makes harsh but accurate statements. *Rip-off Report Investigation follow-up provides valuable information.
Oct 09 2003
Capital One Getting Back Richmond Virginia
I LOVE Rip Off Report. I am on two or three times per day. When I get a JUNK mailing, like the one I got yesterday from Capital One, I go to the RipOffReport and search for the company that mailed me the junk mail (If, repeat, IF they have enclosed a no postage necessary if mailed inthe United States envelope.) I then print out the pages for the RipOffReport, not individual pages, but the first pages from the search. I then go to the copier and print them at 85% so I can cut them into envelope size pages and then CRAM them in the free postage envelope and mail it back to them. (Of course, I delete any reference to who is mailing it back to them.) This is the second mailing from Capital One in two months. Each time I send them back as many pages I can cram into their envelope. I have SO MUCH fun in doing this. May take a little time but maybe someone who opens the envelope will realize what a RipOff Capital One has become and take it to heart and bring it to the attention of management. Happy printing and cramming; try it, you'll like it!!!!! Bob D. Bob Lakewood, OhioU.S.A.
Oct 18 2004
Capital One ripoff Richmond Virginia
Previous had Capital One Credit Card with a maximum balance of around $350.00 about four or five years. Could not pay. Reported to Credit Bureau as Written Off. Received offer to repay with new credit card. Somehow balance is now $950.00. What is this. It can't be legal. Where did the additional money come from? They also want me to pay minimum payments of $85. Carolyn inglewood, CaliforniaU.S.A.
48, Report #111948
Oct 07 2004
Capital One ripoff Richmond Virginia
I have been a Capital One card holder for many years and in that time I have allways paid my monthly statement in full in order not to pay any finance charges.Once or twice a month they have been sending me checks to use against my account. Last August I decided to take advance of thier 2.99 APR. In reading the fine print of their terms I was concerned about a sentence that read(you can not avoid paying a finance charge on this amount). So before using this check I called and inquired about this loan and how it would be handled.I was told that I would only be charged interest on the loan portion as long as I kept paying off my purchases in full. The next statement I recieved after this they had both my loan amount and the purchases combined. The loan balance was on the bottom of the statement so that I could see what my purchases were. Still being cocerned about how my account was going to be handled I called a second time. I was told that as long as I paid the full balance of the purchases and a payment toward the loan that I would not be charged interest on my purchases.I sent a check for the amount of the purchases and a amount for more than the minimum to apply against the loan portion. This month's statement included a finance charge on the purchases that I made. Not only that, but by using creative book keeping they didn't apply enought of the payment to pay off my purchases from the previous month as I expected. Now I am being charged a finance charge on this months purchases part of last months. Why would anyone use a special transfer check so as to pay an added interest charge on current purchases. When I called I was told that it was foolish of me to think that these items should be separate in that they are in the same account. That is interesting in that they combine and separate the amounts paid to suite their creative booking. Franklin Bellmawr, New JerseyU.S.A.
Oct 07 2004
Capital One ripoff Richmond Virginia
I was contacted for an old debt with Spiegel's. Owed around $250.00. Capital One wanted $471.00 (interest etc added). Advised them I would be willing to pay only the $250.00 which I legitally owed. They came back with an offer to pay it in 3 payments. I agreed to pay it because I owed it. Then I got a letter from them, that I could put it on one of their credit cards/pay payments/re-establish credit. So, I returned the form with my signature. When I received the credit card it was for the 'FULL AMOUNT OF $471.00'. I called and said I was only supposed to pay the $250.00. 'too bad', you signed for it and we can't change it or cancel it. I don't mind paying for something I owe, but feel 'cheated' because I didn't agree to pay for all the other charges, and was misled by their company. They have 2 different collection companies working on the same accounts. So, be careful what you sign. Patty Myrtle Beach, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Jul 16 2003
Capital One ripoff victimized many consumers Richmond Virginia
I was just wondering...with so many people writing here (myself included)with the same experiences with this company, is there a law suit being filed? If there is how can I be included? I think it's unbelievable that this company can continue doing business like this without any legal ramifications. What they are doing to all of us cannot possibly be legal...can it? I'm sorry but my account is in collections now and even though I told them that I cannot pay (see my earlier post explaining my situation)they have a new collector calling and leaving messages on my machine and also at my parents! They called looking for me at my parents, using my maiden name which I haven't used since 1996 when I moved out of my parents house! I just spoke with someone at the collection agency 2 months ago so they know my number and where I live...why are they calling my parents? I was forced to explain to my parents that it was a collection agency...I shouldn't have had to be in the position to have to explain to my parents why they were calling them looking for me. It's making me a wreck...worrying that they'll try sueing me. I'm on muscle relaxants and anti-depressants and going through rehabilitaion for a chronic spasm of my neck. I can't take much more stress. Is anyone else here completely terrified to answer the phone or check the mailbox? If only I could go back to the day I got the pre-approval letter and rip it up. Michelle cranston, Rhode IslandU.S.A.

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 6,122