CINGULAR WIRELESS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Cingular Wireless

There may be more reports for "Cingular Wireless"

For more results perform a general search for "Cingular Wireless"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

76, Report #141938
May 08 2005
Cingular Another dissatisfied Cingular/AT&T Wireless customer Springfield Illinois
We have had so many problems since we've become Cingular customers that there is not enough space to list them all! I have yet to speak to a Satisfied Cingular Customer. I have several friends who have Cingular and every single one of them has had the same experience of dropped calls and bad customer service. For Christmas this past year I purchased cell phones for my kids. I spent well over $300 just for the phones. We noticed about a month into the service that almost every call was being dropped. I contacted Cingular to complain about the service. I was transferred to various departments, representatives....even transferred to various states!! (we live in Minnesota). At one point, I was told that there wasn't any service towers in our area and she couldn't understand why we were even sold the service. To make a long story short, after THREE hours on the phone they reluctantly agreed to exchange the phones. After receiving the exchanged phones we started getting dropped calls again. On top of that, the display quit working on one of the phones they exchanged (Minolta flip) one month after the exchange. My monthly bill of $85.00 has turned into a $1200.00 cell phone bill! I contacted Cingular to address the overages, contending that the majority of the overages are due to the number of dropped calls (9 out of 10 calls are dropped). I was given a whole $63.00 off my bill! How's that for good business??? I am sick and tired of this company and their deceptive business practices. It's obvious that we are not the only ones experiencing problems. I think it's time for a class action law suit! Someone needs to stop them. Gretchen Bloomington, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Springfield, Illinois
Jun 07 2004
Cingular - Cingular Wireless ripoff Fraudulent billing Lubbock Texas
I was an ATT customer for many years and after some months of horrible customer service I took my business to Cingular. That was the worst decision I've ever made. What took ATT eight years to do, Cingular managed it in a little over two months. My first bill with Cingular should have warned me. With less than ten days with Cingular, I receive a bill stating that I owe them in excess of $110.00. I was floored. I called the customer service line and spoke with a young man that stated all of the fees that I was charged. I quickly squared him away and my bill was corrected. The next month's bill is where Cingular commits fraud. I never received the second bill, but I did receive a call stating that I owed them $136.40. I informed them that I had received the on-line notification, but I wanted the breakdown of my charges and that was what I expected on a paper bill. The representative states that I requested only on-line bill receipt and in her very next breath she states that they had sent me out a paper bill. When I asked for a copy of the bill they supposedly sent, she stated that service would cost me $5.00. Without receiving a bill delineating my charges, I paid the $136.40 on-line. With this kind of customer service, I cancelled Cingular and promptly went to Verizon, the industry leader. I sent a letter to their corporate office detailing my experience and to this date I've yet to receive word. Three days ago, I received three separate bills from Cingular for three different amounts. When I called Cingular yet again I was told that I could pay $5.00 for the bill that I never received delineating the charges and that I owed them the largest amount on the three bills. Perusing the bills that I did have in front of me, I found that they charged me for an entire month of service AFTER I'd cancelled them. It is my belief that the $136.40 I paid on-line was for two months of service with some over the limit charges. With a little over two months, Cingular expected me to pay over $350.00 in airtime/service charges. I'm currently disputing these charges with the company. They are rude and I've been told that they will only discuss these charges with me after I pay the bill and once resolved they will issue any refund that may occur. That isn't going to happen. I wrote a letter again to their corporate office detailing my complaint concerning their fraudulent billing practices. I don't expect to hear from them as their only motivation is greed. I've told every teacher and administrator in my District of 30,000 plus educators how I was treated. These practices won't stop until you hit them where they hurt - their bottom line. Rebecca Killeen, TexasU.S.A.
Nov 19 2003
Cingular Wireless Cingular Overcharged and would not send a corrected bill Dallas Texas
I have been a customer for over a year with monthly charges ranging from $40-$100. In June I receive a bill for over $800. I spend about an hour on the phone and am told they will correct the problem. I ask for a corrected bill. I receive the same bill, and am charged an additonal $5 for the same bill. They credit my account but I still over over $200. I do not want to pay this amount without knowing exactly what I am paying for and again ask for a corrected bill. I am told that this is not possible. If I want to get out my bill they will go over with me each and every charge and let me know which were credited and which were not. Keep in mind this is about 20 pages worth. I told them that was not acceptable. The next month I received a bill for over $600. I again call and spend an hour on the phone and they explain to me that the correction on the account was not made in time for this billing cycle but that they would take off the charges that were wrong. Needless to say, this continued for several months. I sent a letter and told them that if they could not correct the problem, I would find an alternate provider. They kept my account active and kept charging me the monthly fees. I was told that the satellite was not sending the correct signal. They would always credit my account for some of the $$ but would not send a corrected bill so I knew what I was paying for. Under these circumstances I feel I should be able to cancel my contract with no fees. Why should I have to do business with a company who is so inept, month after month.At this time they say I owe over $800 and have sent it to a collection agency who called and threatened me. Cynthia Tyler, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Nov 09 2005
Cingular Wireless Cingular has Fleeced us BIG TIME!! Ripoff Atlanta georgia
I was a cingular customer for 2 years, In January of 2004 I went to a nationwide plan that reduced my minutes from 800 to 500,but with rollover minutes and mobile to mobile!! I was brought into the marriage with cingular by SBC!! I used my phone with no problems til September of 2005. My contract expired but me and the wife were happy at this time and decided we would continue the service on a month to month basis. Cingular would bill me through my SBC account. I never had a cell bill that went over $70.00 so I had no need to contact any body. In October of 2005, i recieved my telephone bill from SBC, with amount due to cingular for $358.63... I just freaked out.... I had let my son borrow one of our phones and at the time had thought he had abused it. I got on his case and told him that he would have to pay the bill at which time he kept telling me that he had hardly used the phone at all. Well I went ahead and paid the bill. In November of 2005, I recieved my telephone bill from SBC and this bill had amount due of $456.37 that was due to Cingular!! I knew that my son had not run up this bill cause I had taken the phone away from him. I called SBC to find out why my bill was so high. 90 percent of our calls on our phones were from my cell phone to my wife's cell phone. The Customer service Rep at SBC had told me this but he said there was nothing he could do but transfer me to Cingular,which he did!! The Rep at Cingular told me that we had gone over our minutes by 800 minutes and were billed at 40 cents a minute. I told her that she was crazy that the only use our phones got was when we would call mobile to mobile and that was free!! She told me I was Crazy and that I didn't have mobile to mobile service and my detailed billing would show that, and would show that our minutes were used up talking with each other!! Well guess what?? I never once in 2 years got a detailed billing from Cingular and told her that. I then told her that I was billed through my SBC account and that I never got a detailed billing from them either. She told me that it was SBC fault and that Cingular is owed thier money!! I stated that only a crazy person would run up charges like these and told her to sue ME!! I called SBC back and explained that they had put me in this position but they stated that it was my problem and there was nothing they could or would do!! I have cancelled my land Line with SBC, my Dish network with them along with my Yahoo DSL internet and told them that I will not pay this cingular bill and I still have a Cingular Bill coming next month... I have had to divorce SBC as well and pick up Time/warner cable with phone service and road runner high speed internet as well.... What A nightmare, if any lawyer reads this and would like to speak with me please HELP ME!! Ron waukesha, WisconsinU.S.A.
Sep 15 2004
Cingular Wireless Cingular is taking advatage of consumers ATLANTA Georgia
The company I bought my phone from went out of business a few days after I bought the phone. The phone has given me problems from day one as has the service to the phone. I have had many dropped calls, calls to my phone that are meant for the previous owner, calls that get my voice mail even when my phone is turned on, at times it takes up to two weeks to get notice that I have voice mail (customer service says this is normal and happens with all cell phone services). I have called and called Cingular about the problems and they have done nothing. I get phone calls and text messages that are meant for the person that owned the phone number prior to myself. I let Cingular know about this a few times. Not once have they offered to credit me for these calls nor to change my number or help me in anyway. I was told when I got the phone it was a year contract. I decided to look at what other options I had when it was close to being up. I then found that it is a 2 year contract. I decided to try a cheaper plan at that time. I switched my plan online (which you can't get to work half the time) and it said nothing about my roll over minutes being taken away. My next two statements showed my roll over minutes still on there. The 3rd statement I was charged 89.00 for a 29.00 plan. I called and was told to just pay what the normal billing was and they would have the roll over department take care of things. After a few calls back and fourth I did get a credit. By this point there was another charge of 61.00 due. I explained to the supervisor that I didn't have the funds to pay this extra amount and he said he would note that on my account and I would not be charged a late fee. Well yesterday I had no service, they cut it off, charged me the late fee and when I called they told me to pay the bill. There was nothing else they would do for me. I explained to them that I have no other phone service and am looking for work and the cell phone number is what is down for my contact. Again there was nothing they would do for me. I asked about canceling the account. He said I could but would owe 150.00 plus whatever charges are on the account now and if it was not paid in 30 days they would send it to collections and I would be charged a rate of 18% on top of all other charges. I feel this company is getting away with taking advantage of customers. For the service they provide they should be giving their service away for free. If you look them up on www.planetfeedback.com you will see over 1900 complant letters about them. And www.ripoffreport.com has another 122 just for the year 2004. Someone needs to step in and see that this company starts using fair practice when they are doing business. Shannon Southgate, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: ATLANTA, Georgia
Oct 11 2006
Cingular Wireless Don't use your Cingular phone internationally...ever! Here's why. Internet
I traveled to Canada and used my cell phone. I found out that after the first time I registered with a foreign cell tower, EVERY ATTEMPTED CALL to my number resulted in a charge to me....59 cents per minute (that's the international plan discount rate!)....even if no message was left and my phone was not on, I still get charged. To make matters worse, Cingular can not tell me who was trying to call me as their caller ID does not work internationally. SO....I get to pay over $400 in charges for calls I never received and will never know who tried to call. Does that seem right? According to Cingular, it is. To make matters even worse, some of the mystery calls were many minutes long and cost more than $20!!! Now, I ask you...who could register a 20 mins call and leave no voice mail message?? Apparently it is possible....after all the computer never is wrong!!! Have I ever had such a long international call in the history of my account I asked?...makes no difference!!! Cingular says..If someone called you...and we can't tell you who.... and left blank space on your voice mail for 20 minutes, you pay! ...if they called you five times in a row within 3 minutes, you still pay for 5 calls and 5 mins!! (I wish I could make time like that!) You just pay, pay, pay.... This billing madness only stops when your cell phone is re-registered with a US cell tower. So...NEVER, NEVER, NEVER USE YOUR CINGULAR PHONE INTERNATIONALLY! If you visit that country regularly...get a diposable cell phone based in that country...otherwise use email and land lines. Terry Fort Lauderdale, FloridaU.S.A.
Feb 15 2006
Cingular Wireless Ripoff Cingular is a JOKE Virginia Beach Virginia
What happened with Cingular is I bought that BlackBerry and the lady told me she would put it on my bill. I call back for 4 days to get a tracking number and they kept saying we don't have it yet. Sooo I decide to pay my bill $450.00 in advance because I know I am going to get charged for the blackberry. I call back again to get my tracking number and the lady told me my credit card declined. I told her they told me there were putting it on my bill SO THEY TRIED TO CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD ON FILE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. Luckily that was my Capital One card I canceled about a month ago and if it was my check card I would have been Pissed. Soooo I get over it and I'm like I would like to order a blackberry. She told me I couldn't have it at that price without signing a new contract. I told the lady that is the price the lady quoted me and she knew I wasn't renewing my contact and I already have one. I said **** it, not in those words, and told her to charge me full price. She then said I would have to give her my credit card number. I'M LIKE ***** I HAVE A $450.00 CREDIT ON MY BILL. She then says that she could not take it off of my bill. I asked to speak to a manager and she comes back 3 times, after putting me on hold 10 minutes each time, and says that she has a new idea. I still demanded to talk to a manager. One finally comes on the phone and he tries to resolve it and makes these promises that in the end were not kept. Such as renewing my unlimited minutes for another 2 years and I would get the cheap phone price. So they decided they would credit my card back NOW I HAVE TO WAIT 7 DAYS TO GET MY MONEY BACK. I had more money from selling stuff on eBay so I decide to order the blackberry still. I call to order and they TELL ME I CANNOT HAVE THE BLACKBERRY ON MY UNLIMITED MINUTES PLAN. I talk to two more rude *** managers and like 100 customer service reps who have no clue how to do their job. I then call my local Cingular (they are a lot better and know about former SunCom customers). I asked them if it was possible to keep my plan and have a blackberry data plan. They said yes and they have plenty of people that have it the way I want my account. The only thing is they didn't have any blackberry 8700c in stock and they didn't know when they were getting any. I finally gave up and got a t-mobile sidekick. THE END! Cingular has the worst customer service ever. When I first signed up with them my bill was over $1,000.00 a month for 6 months until their dumb ***** found out how to fix it. They make me sick. Marie Virginia Beach, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Feb 17 2006
Cingular Wireless ripoff cingular charges for minute overages and service plan changes Denver Colorado
I have had so many problems with att/cingular wireless in the last year and a half its unbelievable! Just for example, my business line was accidently (without my athorization I might add) ported to another carrier and then lost in 'space' for a week. Yep, when my customers called me they got a message saying that I was no longer taking calls at the time! Just a small dent in the checkbook after that week! Anyways, my current problem is this: Where do I start? In a nutshell, I got a bill for $700. It mostly was for minutes used over my minute-plan coverage ( I think it is something like $.40/min). I had changed my plan in early November to a cheaper plan in an attempt to lower my bills. At that time I had something like 1300 rollover minutes to use up. When I called in December to check on my minute and rollover minute usage they informed me of my bill and told me according to their records I had changed my plan back in late August. These were the current charges for going over my minutes. I did not record the name and date of when I changed my plan in November (not August) so I am screwed I think!? I do have many documented conversations that are totoally contradictory in trying to resolve this problem however. For ie: After this happened I called to set up a payment plan so they would not shut my phone off. When I called to make a scheduled payment a manager told me that there was no record of any payment plan and I needed to pay the bill in full to keep my phone on???? How do I handle this? Is there anyone I can call that's higher up on the food chain than a cingular floor manager? It's no wonder those people never can help us. They hate their jobs. Wouldn't you? Who can really help me and maybe see me as a person and not such a number? Kelly vail, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Denver, Colorado
84, Report #221963
Nov 23 2006
Cingular Wireless Prepaid Service Cingular Go Phone Pay as You Go Cerritos, Southern California
I Would like to state that I have prepaid Service with Cingular Wireless and I get charged for using my alarm clock on the Phone, I get charged for all droped calls, I even get charged for calls to another person using Cingular Wirless. I have the plan where its a $1.00 a day .10 a min and free mobile to mobile and I'm still being charged for these service which are sopose to come with the plan. What Cingular likes to do is nothing I have contacted several people about this and they dont care I use to work for the company and they dont care because there not generating profit if they were on a 2 year contract this is a diffrent story. The company uses these methods and pretty much tells them dont help them with anything especially if you go to a corporate store there trained to put them on the phone with Customer Service or I should say Care but they dont Care. Jose Fullerton, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: California
Dec 13 2006
Cingular Wireless Cingular Punishes Long-Time Customers and How I Got Even ripoff Nationwide
I live in a small town in rural Illinois and have been a loyal customer of Cingular Wireless for about 6 years. Every customer is required to indicate their address before service is granted so I'm not sure why Cingular cries the sob story that they make no money off people like me because they have to pay SO many roaming fees, etc. Cingular outright tells us that country people are not as important to Cingular as city folk. (Nothing against city folk). Funny thing is the signal is good even though they now have changed their rules that won't even ALLOW retailers to sell a rural customer in my area a Cingular plan or upgrade their phone. Nice reward for giving them over $100 a month for 6 years huh? Bad planning on their part isn't rural customer's faults! Cingular had the audacity to reply to one report on this site Look at Where You Live and they told me on the phone Read your contract. UNBELIEVABLY RUDE! I have been paying for 3 lines for almost two years, and it's not MY fault Cingular advertises their famous No Roaming/No Long Distance plans for anywhere in the US. Unfortunately for THEM, Anywhere in the US INCLUDES small towns. They have fixed it now where people like me cannot even upgrade their phones and even told me to go find another carrier! Can you believe it? What kind of customer service is THAT? I am so sick of Cingular and I will NEVER sign a contract with them again! I don't have to! And neither do you!! Here's why! Now comes the fun part! If you're in a contract with Cingular and you lose your phone, break your phone on accident, or your phone becomes inoperable for any reason, they want you to think you are screwed and they want you to buy a new phone at an astronomical price, sign a new 2 or 3 year contract, etc. And everybody knows this. So I went and bought Cingular's cheapest GO PHONE for 20 bucks (or you can buy the fancy one if you have to have it, or even a Cingular phone off Ebay that is compatible with your area) and put my current Sim Card in it. They are none the wiser. Of course they won't tell you this in the store or on the phone!!!! They just keep billing me the same amount now that the contract has run out, and I can tell them to f*ck off whenever I want. I made sure I had the plan I wanted before the contract ran out, of course. I'm getting back at Cingular for their sucky contract loopholes that are too countless to mention and their love for their rural customers. NOW make some money off me, Cingular! Here's to you, buddy! Anonymous Middle America, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide, Nationwide
Jun 20 2005
Cingular ripoff, fraudalent billing, unfair billing practices Birmingahm Alabama
I got my bill from Cingular and wondered why it was so high. I thought I stayed closed to my minutes every month. Because of my job self-employed, I use my cell phone a lot. I found out that Cingular was charging me for SOMEONE ELSE leaving me a voicemessage on my phone. So I'm charged for checking my minutes and someone leaving me a message. I should not have to pay for someone else leaving me a message. I called and complained about that. Got no relief because I'm stuck in this contract. Next RIP-OFF from Cingular. I up my minutes and got a family talk share plan, hey this will help me out. They told me that they would be under my plan I verbally spoke to someone about this. Got my sister a phone also, went to activate her phone through automation instead of talking to a rep. That's when I found out that the second phone and my sister's phone only share my minutes they had separate contracts with my name on them for an additional 2 years each. I was outraged I call and complained and even tried to contact the FCC about this. But to no avail. Next my phone was scheduled for a free upgrade, but I wasn't ready yet my phone fell into some and had to get a replacement. The rep specifically stated that I had to get the exact phone I said no problem I just needed the phone. I went online later and my free upgrade was gone. Call them about it and the rep gave me a bunch of lies. I was pissed and hung up. I am contacting the FCC. Whoever reads this please join me in contacting the FCC for unfair billing practices. I class action lawsuit will wake them up. Or shake them up. Destiny Birmingham, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Mar 12 2006
Cingular Ripoff Has Not Returned Refund Internet
Over three years ago, I got 3 phones through cingular wireless for my personal business. Because I was a new business, I had to leave a $500.00 deposit on each phone. That deposit was to be held for about a year, or I wouldn't receive the entire amount (a penalty fee). Needless to say I stopped doing the business, called them up and canceled the account. I told them to subtract what I owed from the deposit for the last bill. They did, but I never received the rest of the deposit. Not only did I have multiple problems turning on the phones initially (that should have been the first hint), but now I couldn't get my money back. Intially they claimed I had only put $500 down when I got the phones. I had to not only go back to a bank I was no longer a member of, but make them reprint all of my old debit/credit card purchases. Now since both of these are old/ unworking accounts, it takes double the time to investigate or get info on them. So I finally got the information and faxed the info, not once but twice. They told me they would contact me, when they received the info proving I had put $1500, not $500 deposit. I waited a while for their response and never received one. Unfortuanately with Cingular, their customer services department is the worst. Everytime I call I have to tell them old info, they don't understand and get transferred about 4 times. Each call can be between and hour to 2 hours. So when I called, they said that I was right and they would send me the money. I clarified to them the right address, name, etc. and asked them why they hadn't contacted me. Two months past by and I called again. This time, they said they had sent it, but now they would have to cancel the check, investigate it and get back to me or send a new check. I verified everything (address, name, etc.) and of course I was on the phone for about an hour and half. They told me it takes about a month to investigate and reprocess. I waited another couple months and did the exact thing. I did it one more time and the exact thing happened. Now I havent been on them probaly like I should be, but it takes so long to even find the supposed right person to talk to. I am owed about $800 from what is left on the deposit. I even told them once, that they should pay interest on what is owed. They said no. I dread calling them, dealing with, getting the same response. If anyone knows who to contact, what exactly is the next step(small claims court, etc.), or even where I should start to contact them, please let me know. I almost think I am entitled to interest and time spent. By the way everytime I call them, they have when I call them on record. Any advice would be great. JB Long Island, New YorkU.S.A.
Jan 27 2004
Cingular Wireless ripoff Double billing for wireless service Via Bellsouth Mephis Tennessee
We were sold Cingular wireless service via Bellsouth. Had 2 phones sent, phones were poor quality and had would not pick up in our area. Returned the phones with in a couple days and recieved 2 more of better quality. Now we are being billed for 4 phones. They say they didn't receive the phones. We saved the reciept and they signed for the return. This has been going on since oct of 2003. We call every month when we get the bill, and stay on the phone for hours and they assure us the problem will be fixed and each month we get hit with high phone bills. One month was about $550. We Have to pay these high prices because it is grouped with our regular phone service. A side note, I have not signed either of the contracts. Kyle Salisbury, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Mephis, Tennessee
Jan 28 2004
Cingular Wireless PORTING LANDLINE & WIRELESS NUMBERS - BIG SCAM! Ripoff! Internet
Man! I should have seen this coming a mile away! This is how they make their money on free phones. I've been an AT&T wireless customer for more than 10 years now with VERY few problems; however, lately it appears that AT&T is more interested in getting in new customers with the lure of new free phones and bonus offers more so than they are in keeping good-standing customers by offering those same discounts to them - but I digress... I got it in my head with this new wonderful number porting capability, I'll just yank my account (3 mobile phones) from AT&T and take them to Cingular and get MORE minutes, get ROLLOVER MINUTES AND FREE PHONES for $20 less a month than my current plan with AT&T. I did the online order placement thing, picked out some really cool phones (that were amazingly regularly $129 a piece) and went to see if my phone numbers can be ported/transferred why of course they can! I could not wait to FIRE AT&T!! I was told I'll get my new phones in about 5 days and when they get to me to call Cingular to ACTIVATE my new phones and then wait at least 2 days before I contact AT&T to verify that they no longer have my account so that I won't have any downtime (basically I would be serviced by AT&T and Cingular simultaneously during those 2 days) I understood and waited... A week passes and I get a call that the new Cingular phones are backordered and that I can go to any Cingular store and PURCHASE the phones for $129 a piece and receive a credit for them when I get my bill - I say I'll wait. Now, remember, I have not cancelled my service with AT&T and have not activated my service with Cingular. This morning I get up - NO CELL SERVICE - I call AT&T and they say Cingular now owns all of my numbers. How can that be - I have not agreed to their terms and have NOT activated a phone or an account... nonetheless - AT&T says (after I held for 2 hours for a representative) I must call Cingular to ask for my number back. So I call Cingular - yes, they did (oops) go ahead and PORT my numbers even though I don't have a PHONE and have not activated an account and have not agreed to ANYTHING other than to buy a new phone and set up new service once I RECEIVE the phones - Too bad. They can't cancel the order unless I want to lose all three numbers (which they now OWN) and the new phones haven't even shipped yet - so I'm at LEAST 2 weeks away from having new phones. My only alternative is to BUY phones at a Cingular store and then ask for a credit when I get a bill. I ask for this in writing (that I will in fact receive a credit) and am told we have it noted on your order we don't have to send this in writing and I'm thinking to myself that this is a BAIT AND SWITCH... you know as well as I do that when I get my first bill in 30 or so days everyone at Cingular will have conveniently misplaced or forgotten about the credit. I am now on the phone with AT&T (have been on hold for another hour and anticipate at LEAST another 20 or 30 minutes) requesting that they REPORT my numbers back to them after which I'll have to wait about a day or 2 for my phones to become active again (my old AT&T phones) and THEN cancel my order with Cingular (that hasn't shipped yet which I have a gut feeling that mysteriously they will ship during this time so I'll be stuck with them) and then have a double shot of WHISKY!! Nice little bait-n-switch racket Cingular has going here - get the consumer by the balls and TWIST - oh and for those that want to suggest I ask for another type of phone - did it - and was told this number is now assigned to the phone I can't have - so if I can't wait 2 or 3 weeks then I'll just have to BUY one. Cingular people READ - Never urinate on an electric fence - I will make it my MISSION to sway every human being I can away from using your service - I'm copying this RIPOFFREPORT to every single newspaper, news station, consumer group and federal agency I can find - I will be your BIGGEST NON-ADVOCATE!! Michelle Mesquite, TexasU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Cingular Wireless Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on AT&T
Entity: Have No Idea, Internet
Aug 29 2005
Cingular Wireless Ripoff Bogus Wireless Internet charges Ft. Lauderdale Florida
I am writing this complaint, just encase this has occurred to anyone else. I have used the same phone for 6 months, SMT5600 Smart Phone. When I first got the phone I was on the internet a lot, but soon found it to be more of a hassle than functional. The first month on the internet I did not surpass the 1 MB allowed. After that I only used the phone for text messaging. Last month I had 6 data transfer charges totaling 39 mb. This appeared as an $1169 charge on my phone bill. I called and insisted that these were no my charges and to review my usage that they can see I do not use my phone for internet. One of the charges was at 1:45 am for 16 megs that cost $502. There were three more that day from that time on. The representative stated that it must be when I was online the phone was continually refreshing the web page. I told her that was impossible, as for one my phone auto disconnects after 1 min of idle. I have over $1100 of charges for 6 individual data transfers that they refuse to take off my bill. I am putting it out there just encase someone else is rail roded. What can I do? There is nothing I can do, except pay it. Or have a negative mark against my credit. Which is spotless, never paid a bill late in my life. (neurotic that way). This happen to anyone? Have any suggestions? Bill Lauderhill, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Oct 09 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff and bad wireless provider/ service Imperial Beach California
Cingular wireless is by far the worst wireless carrier I have ever had. I started with GT&E wireless, which was sold to AT&T, which has now been sold to Cingular (Singular). After receivieng my new cingular phone I imediatley started having problems. Dropped calls, internet service didn't work all the time, can't receive text messages unless I turn phone off and turn back on, when placing a call I hear myself (echo), not to mention I can hear other peoples conversations when my call gets dropped. There are no technical services at any of there stores, makes it easier for them to get away with everything. They claim that the phones is faulty and that they are working on the cell sites in my area. I have but two words to say about Cingular...... PURE CRAP! Angela Imperial Beach, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Imperial Beach, California
Mar 15 2007
Cingular Wireless - AT&T Wireless Fradulent Billing ripoff Whittier California
BACKGROUND: Me, my husband, my son and his girlfriend were all on one plan, The Family Talk Plan. (my husband and I are now on Verizon; however, My son and his girlfriend are still on Cingular due to contract obligations). They were charging me as follows: When we were all on the same plan: My husbands phone: $19.99 for an additional line My son's phone: $19.99 for an additional line My son's girlfriend: $19.99 for an additional line My phone: $37.00 for primary line and $19.99 for an additional line. Now that it is only my son and his girlfriend: My son's the primary: $37 for primary and $19.99 for an additional line My son's girlfriend: $19.99 for an additional line Hmmmm, I said to myself. Where is this additional line that was being charged under MY line as primary and now my son's line as primary? Aren't I already paying for it under the other lines? Well... I called Cingular and come to find out, they WERE incorrectly charging me! They credited my account for $239 and change for one year's worth of charges and put in a billing ticket. They'll investigate it. I asked the associate if I was going to get credit for the other 3 years of charges and she said that I may not!! Needless to say I filed a complaint with the FCC today requesting the $700+ dollars owed to me PLUS the taxes I paid on that money PLUS interest PLUS I want to cancel my service without any charges for early cancellation. So, my advice to you is: if you have additional lines on ANY account, especially Cingular, that you check your bill VERY carefully as you may have incurred these wrong charges too. My bad for not catching this for four years. But I did, and now they are going to pay me back. WITH INTEREST!! We'll see what the FCC says. BEWARE. check those bills CAREFULLY! Pass this on to anyone that has Cingular Wireless/A T & T Wireless as a carrier and has the Family Talk Plan. If they did it to me, they're probably doing it to them too!! Tracy Whittier, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Whittier, California
Dec 05 2003
Cingular Wireless/Cellular One ripoff, fraudulent billing, dishonest contracts, disrespectful poor customer service Baltimore Maryland
A couple of years ago, I was with Cingular, formerly Cellular One, and loved their service. They were courtious and pleasant to deal with. I got the phone before they became Cingular. I was very careful when signing up since I had seen my friends go thro' hell with cellphone companies. I asked the customer service people on THREE seperate occasions, what kind of plan I had and they all confirmed it was:350 minutes and free nights and weekends plus free extended calling area. When it got near time for me to renew my contract, I got a bill for $700+. I called them up and they told me that my deal was for 6 months of free night and weekends. I spoke to a lady and explained to her that my contract specifically says a year. She said it was OK that she would talk to har supervisor and remedy the situation. My next bill came with $1380 as the bill. I called them back and they told me to fax them a copy of my contract. I did but nothing changed. After speaking to several customer service people for two more days and a superviser, I faxed them the contract again and a day later, they told me that my contract does not tell them anything conclusive and that it is my responsibility to pay. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not believe my ears. I tried pleading my case but they disconnected my phone and sent me a bill of $1860 and change. All attempts to get them to review the bill and my contract have failed and I was and still am very, very pissed off. I never got another cellphone to date. I wish someone could make them pay for the damage they've done to my credit. Charles essex, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Essex, Maryland
Dec 05 2003
Cingular Wireless ripoff (FRAUD via contract and overcharges) Tampa Internet
Signed contract for Wireless plan for two phones, with Mobile to Mobile service included. Discovered that the charges listed on the bill for the past eleven (11 MONTHs) of $4.99 for each phone, were ON TOP OF the already included phones service of $39.99 PLUS $19.99! Per DANA POWELL (who handled my ANGER very well, thank you!) and who was permitted to apply a back dated three (3) month correction, No, you cannot speak to a supervisor, it is in your contract, that we are not liable for refunds or mistakes past three (3) months! So, because of the non-itemized billing of the initial services, on each printed and each computer listed billing, I have been defrauded of $14.22 in fees, taxes, etc. PER MONTH, for 8 months, for a total of $113.76! I DID mention that AT&T (among others) is offering the same services with two FREE NEW phones, with UNLIMITED mobile to mobile, for a total of under $55.00 PER MONTH, INCLUDING TAXES!!! My contract with Cingular is up on December 14th, 2003, and I can't wait!!! I also NEED to persue them for those fraudulent overcharges!!! Patrick Casselberry, FloridaU.S.A.
Nov 27 2003
Cingular Wireless Provides me with Defective Phone ripoff Lubbock Texas
On March 27, 2003 I signed up with Cingular Wireless and received the Erickson T62u as my free phone. I had previously had Cingular service and experienced no problems with them and I assumed returning to their service would still provide me with no problems. Barely within the first month of having my phone I began experiencing problems. When someone would call my phone it would not ring. They would get my voice mail and leave me a message, but I would never know it because it would never show up that I had a message or that I had missed a call. Other times when someone would call my phone it would tell them my number was currently not available. My family members or friends would have to call my number several times to even get through. Once I found out this was happening, I called Cingular and told them my problem. They instructed me that I would need to return to the store where I had purchased my phone. They said I might need to get a new phone, that it might be a manufacturer's defect. When I returned to the kiosk in the local mall where I had purchased my phone, they told me that I would need to switch my phone number. They told me others were experiencing the same problem and that it had to do with the prefix of my phone number. My phone number was switched and I assumed all was taken care of, but more problems begin to occur. When I have a voice message it still does not show up. Occassionally when I am talking to someone my phone will end the call unexpectedly. It has difficulty charging. The battery life indicator on the screen will be halfway charged and then after I talk to someone it will be empty, but my phone will never die or flash low battery. When I turn it off and on my battery will be charged halfway again. I called Cingular several times and told them of my problems. They would run some kind of tests on my phone, and then I would assume all was okay. But instead my problems continued. I put up with it until November 13. That day I returned back to the kiosk where I had purchased my phone and explained my problems. Their response to me was that they could take my phone and send it off to the manufacturer which could take 4-6 weeks and during this time give me a loaner phone, or I could call a local tech center and explain my problem to them. The next day, I called the tech center which was closest to my home area. The place I called was not a tech center at all, but a Cingular stand inside a Crest food store. When I asked for the phone number for the tech center, the gentleman I was speaking with said that he could give it to me, but no one would answer because there were only two techs who worked there and they usually did not answer the phone. What good would that do me? I got the phone number anyway, but did not call. Instead, I called Cingular and explained my problems to them. The woman I spoke with told me that the problems I was experiencing were due to a manufacturer's defect and that I would need to call the manufacturer. She gave me a phone number, 1-800-227-3663, which turned out to be an adult sex line number. I called back and spoke with Zenovia Johnson, explaining to her all the troubles I had been experiencing. I also told her how I felt like no one wanted to help me. I told her that I wanted a phone that worked correctly since I was paying for one that did not. She told me I was not eligible for an upgrade until I had had my phone for a year or more. I then asked if there was not any way I could get a different phone. I told her that I would even be willing to pay for a new phone even though I felt like I should not have to since the phone had a defect. She said that getting a phone before an upgrade was due would require approval. I then waited on hold while she spoke with someone about getting this approved. When she came back on the line, I was told I would have my choice of two phones. I would not be responsible for paying for the phone I chose. I got online, looked at the two phones, and chose the Nokia 3595. She told me they could ship me the phone, and that I could have it in a couple of days. My other option was to go to a Cingular store that could access my account with their computer system, that way I could get my phone and not be responsible for paying for it. If they could not access the information, I was told I could pay for it and then my account would be credited. I called a few stores, but they were not able to access the information. I called Cingular back on November 17 and told them to go ahead and ship my phone. The woman I spoke with said I should have it within a couple of days. On friday, I called back because I still had not received my phone. I was told that it had not been shipped yet. I was told that their warehouse that shipped out the phones was 3 or 4 days behind. I called back on monday, November 24, and my phone still had not been shipped. It had now been a week since they told me that my phone had been sent out. And yet I did not have it. I called back the next day and they told me it should go out that day, but with the Thanksgiving holiday it might not be delivered until monday. I asked if I did not have it by monday if I could call back. The customer service rep told me that I should have it by then because that would of been two weeks since I ordered it. I called back the following day, November 26, just to see if it had indeed been sent. The rep I spoke with told me that it had not been shipped. Today's date is November 27. I have had my phone for exactly six months. I have had problems ever since I got it. For basically the past two weeks I have been waiting for the arrival of a phone that would work correctly. And I am still waiting. I would not recommend Cingular service to anyone. I have read several of the other rip-off reports and I wish that I would have known about them before I signed back up with Cingular. Even if I terminate my service I will be stuck with a $200 or more early termination fee, which is purely ridiculous considering the treatment I have received. All I am wanting is a phone that works correctly because I am paying every month for one that does not. Is that too much to ask for? Cindy Tuttle, OklahomaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Cingular Wireless
May 17 2003
Cingular Wireless Roll Over Minute Scam ripoff business from hell Long Beach California
My Cingular statement stated I had over 4000 roll over minutes to use. Apparently, this was an error and they removed my minutes without telling me! Now I owe $600 for this month and I am over my minutes for next month. How can they decieve me by telling me one thing and doing another (and expect me to fork out $1000 for their error!)?? I am so repulsed by the way I have been treated, however, I have over a year left with them and I guess I won't end my contract with them after reading the hundreds of stories of people being charges a lot of money for doing that. Jen Long Beach, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Long Beach, California
Jan 14 2004
Cingular Wireless ripoff after account agreement was honored, company continues to send bills Maryville Internet
I was with Cingular Wireless for 2 years, fulfilled my contract and called them to confirm that I DID NOT want to renew my contract. I stated that I did not want to continue my service with them and I asked the representative if I would be billed for anything else. He said NO. All of a sudden I am receiving bills from a collection company who purchased an account from Cingular saying I owe $185.00! They even put it on my credit report! I called Cingular and they said that I, in fact, had this bill. I asked them what it was for and they said past charges I did not pay. This amount was never on any bill I had ever seen before. They said they could not take it off my credit report until I paid the amount. I proceeded to pay the amount, even though I felt as though I did not have this debt. And just recently, I received another bill from a collection agency saying they purchased my Cingular account with the amount of $70.00! What is going on! I'm not going to pay for these bogus amounts anymore. It really bothers me that Cingular thinks I still owe them money when my account has been paid off in full + the $185 that they thought I owed them. I don't know what to do about the current bill for $70! I don't want to have to pay it, but I feel like they will report it on my credit if I don't. Please don't ever use Cingular as your cell phone provider. They ripped me off!!!!!! Julie Maryville, MissouriU.S.A.
Nov 18 2003
Cingular / Western Wireless Fraudulent Rebate offer, Poor Customer Service West Covina California
My wife purchased a T720 Motorola cell phone from Western Wireless in West Covina, CA. I was there when she purchased the Upgrade. She was told (and given in writing), that the offer came with 2 rebates. The first rebate is a $50 cash rebate and a $50 trade-in rebate totaling $100. The second rebate was a $50 gift card that could be used to pay the bill. We have used Cingular for years, but because of the poor customer service from Western Wireless, after the contact is up we will be switching to T-mobile. When we got home and attempted to fill out the 2 rebate forms, we noticed that they both requested the UPC from the phone (no copies accepted) and that must be sent to two different addresses. We called that night and never received a call back after leaving a message about this. I went back the next day and spoke with Mayra at the Cingular (Western Wireless) booth. I told her the story and she said would call her Cingular rep. She called the rep, and the rep said just send in a copy of the UPC. I asked from something in writing so we would not be out the $50 or $100 rebate. She said she could not do it. I indicated that I would like to return the phone per their return policy (which is 15 days). She said she could not do that as a manager has to return phones. I said, OK, lets get the manager. That's were things went down hill. She said that the manager only comes in once a day for a few minutes to drop something off and I would have to wait. I asked when the manager would be in, she said she did not know. So I asked her if she could call the manager or if I could call the manager to schedule a meeting time. She said no. I would just have to wait around a hope he shows up. This is a new low for customer service. My wife now refuses to ever use Cingular again and I had to put up with security being called on me at the mall because Mayra could not handle an escalation. As a retired person, I don't appreciate being treated like dirt. My advice, before you sign on the dotted line at a cellular place, take the paperwork home, read ALL OF IT and ask for a manager and make sure there is one there that can handle any problems that might show up later on. Also, call the local phone numbers and make sure you can get a hold of a live person By the way, this is the short version. My wife and myself must have called at least 20 phone numbers without EVER taking to a live person. I really don't think there is a Western Wireless Signed: X-Cingular user PS: It's sad a 3rd party (Western Wireless) can destroy a company (Cingular). A Chino Hills, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: West Covina, California
Nov 21 2003
Cingular Wireless ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing horrible unethical customer service hidden fees false information Lubbock Texas
I have and continue to have a horrible experience with Cingular Wireless. They have fraudulently overcharged many, many times and failed to make any corrections. This has gone on for months. I have changed plans and been charged hidden fees, have found errors on many statements, they refuse to make any adjustments. Their customer service is the most horrible, rudist, poorist group of people I have ever encountered. I have been given false information on plans and charged for their misinformation and rudely told that they cannot do anything about it and I have to pay the bill. I was told that I had 4000 rollover minutes and free text messaging, but when I received my bill, the rollover minutes were nowhere to be seen and I was charged 50.00 for text messages. When I called them they said that apparently I misunderstood. They are fraudulently taking millions of dollars from consumers. Denise Rockwall, TexasU.S.A.
Apr 01 2005
Cingular Wireless Ripoff! shady abusive misleading exploitive accounting methods Internet
I received a bill from Cingular for a really large and suprising amount because I had minute overages so I called and upgraded my account from a 600 minute plan to a 1100 minute plan. The plan was upgraded roughly halfway through the billing cycle so the charges and minutes were prorated for each half of the month. I used 658 minutes total for the entire billing period and I was billed for 131 minutes of overrages and I still have left over minutes. Cingular used the following method to come up with those numbers: They prorated the 600 for the first half and came up with 260 minutes. I used 391 minutes minutes in the first half and so they subtracted the 391 - 260 to come up with 131 minutes of overages. They then gave me 624 minutes for the 2nd half and I used 267 minutes from that. Resulting in 226 minutes still available. Common sense says that if you have 600 minutes available and upgrade to 1100 minutes and you only use 658 minutes total for the entire month then there is no way they can charge you for 131 minutes of overages. What they should have done is combined the minutes together as follows. 260 available + 624 available = 884 minutes used for the entire month. Then they should subtract minutes used (260 + 131 + 267) 658 from that and resulted in 226 minutes still available. What cingular is doing is creating an artificial loophole so they can exploit their customers. The accounting method used by them does not make sense logically and is shady, abusive, underhanded, unfair, and exploitive. I called Cingular and eventually spoke with a customer support manager. He kept on telling me how they came up with the numbers. I explain I understood how THEY came up with the numbers, but it was the fact that THE WAY they are coming up with the numbers that is wrong. I explained it to them as follows. If you have 600 minutes and then you upgrade to 1100 minutes and you only use 658 minutes there is no way they can charge you 131 minutes in overages. The service representative pretended he didn't understand what I was coming up with (nobody is that dumb), most likely to protect himself from upper management or something, and just kept defaulting to explaining how they came up with the numbers. I repeatedly told them I know how YOU are coming up with the numbers and the way you are doing it is wrong. He just kept saying no I don't understand how you can say it is wrong. I explained my side of the story over and over and he said he couldn't understand why I thought what they were doing was unfair. He kept on insisting the way they were doing it was right and that I was wrong. Brennan San Jose, CaliforniaU.S.A.

Showing 76-100 | Showing Page 4 of 297