CIRCUIT CITY Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Circuit City

There may be more reports for "Circuit City"

For more results perform a general search for "Circuit City"

Showing 26-50 of 55,605 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Circuit City"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

May 25 2004
Circuit City ripoff: repair fraud while cleaning Richmond Virginia
Bought a JVC miniDV camcorder at Circuit City in 2002. Was talked into a 4-year extended warranty plan, paid $250 for the plan. Was told to bring the camcorder in for an essential annual cleaning covered by the plan. Used the camcorder lightly, never any problems. In Feb 2004, decided to exercise the cleaning option: brought the camcorder into the local Circuit City (Racine, WI). Was told that the cleaning is done at the facility in Tennessee(?), with a one-week turnaround. Two weeks later got an automated phone message that parts were ordered. Called the center and was told that the camcorder required a major repair, luckily, covered by the warranty. A month after the drop-off, received the camcorder back with a long list of replaced items. Put a tape into it to view: the tape got chewed up and ripped apart. Put a brand new tape in it: got chewed up again. Called the center, got connected with the repair technician. He said the camcorder was eating tapes when he received it for cleaning that caused him to replace parts. E-mailed Customer Service advising that the camcorder worked perfectly up to the moment I dropped it off for cleaning and asking to (1) look into a possible fraud situation at the repair facility, (2) replace the camcorder that THEY ruined with a new one, (3) reimburse me for the repair of my old chewed tape and replacement of the second (new) tape. Customer Service replied that they'd only replace the camcorder after the second failed repair attempt and asked to bring it back for service. Dropped it off again. Sent repeated e-mails to Customer Service asking for reimbursement for ruined tapes. Got a call from Deanna F., Customer Support Coordinator, Contact ID # 443894633 who said the camcorder was broken, the tapes were cheap, and I should stop complaining. Finally, she agreed to send me a $10 certificate. I inquired about the $10 with her on 4/11/04 via e-mail - never got a reply or a certificate. Received the camcorder after another month in repair with yet a longer list of replaced components. The components don't have the JVC marking as the original one did. In short tests, the camcorder appears to function Ok - so far... MORAL: Circuit City doesn't care about their loyal customer base (I spent $$$K for electronics there over 5 years - I'll never set my foot there again); their Customer Support is unaccommodating and dishonest; their repair people break perfectly working items to emulate workload; their repair quality control nonexistent. Sounds like a perfect combination to keep me away. Stan Kenosha, WisconsinU.S.A.
Entity: Richmond, Virginia
Nov 10 2003
Circuit City Ripoff Extended Warranties Orlando Florida
I bought a notebook in 2001 with an extended warranty until 2005. The sales person told me Physical damage (dropping, burning, spilling and cutting the screen) was going to be covered (I have a witness) and now the Circuit City Manager says that physical damage is not covered. I went to Circuit City and they asked me to call the warranty company and to get a case number. I did that today and they gave me the case number however, they told me that physical damage is not covered. I called Circuit City and the customer service representative told me the only thing they can do since it was the Cashier's fault is to write him up. I spoke with the Store Manager, Dino Kalani, and he said that there is nothing they can do. I have proof of purchase and there is nothing on it stating that the Physical damage is not covered. Lina Orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Oct 29 2003
Circuit City Extended Warranty Rip-Off Orlando Florida
I too was suckered by Circuit City's so-called extended warranty. I bought a cell phone and got the 36-month extended warranty. The salesman told me it would cover just about anything, even normal wear and tear. I foolishly believed him and the warranty pamphlet he gave me backed up everything he said. I still have it and it clearly states it covers any malfunction due to normal wear and tear. Well, I was very careful with that cell phone and even now, a year and a half later, it hardly has a scratch. I can't even ever remember dropping it. But a few days ago the antenna fell off for no reason. I called the 800 number about the warranty and explained the situation. The rep, Stacy, told me that since I've informed them the antenna came off, the phone is now considered broken and my warranty is voided. I couldn't believe the absurdity of that. We went around and around in circles but she wouldn't budge. She said there is absolutely no way the phone will be repaired or replaced; it's considered damaged. I told her I did not abuse the phone and she said sometimes abuse is not intentional, nevertheless it is considered abuse. I asked for a manager and was told they are not available. Yeah, right! She said a manager would call me within 24 hours but of course no one did. So I'm screwed. Circuit City will NEVER get another dime of my business. I hope they go bankrupt. Sue Orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Mar 02 2004
Circuit City rebate ripoff Richmond Virginia Internet
Circuit City advertised a rebate thru Northwestern Bell Telephone. Many calls to Northwestern Bell[never returns calls] ...still did not pay rebate. Complained to Circuit City...said it was not there rebate. I said Circuit City was still advertising it on the Circuit City Web Page months after I made the complaint to Circuit City stating that there was a NWB rebate that was not being paid. I called Circuit City rebates department and asked if they knew anything about the NWB rebates and I was told that they were getting many complaints about the company not paying rebates. I spoke to several customer support people and was finally told Circuit City would send me a customer satisfaction card for the amount. Never received it. Called back spoke to another rep.... said was sending it out ...never received it... called the company headquarters, the president's office...was told that it was not their responsibility. If they did it for me then they would have to do it for everyone. She said she was overruling everyone that I previously spoke to and I would NOT be getting any customer satisfaction card. I want to add that I understand Circuit City might not be responsible directly because it was not their rebate but they had a responsibility of removing it from their web page after complaints were not doing this does it make them legally responsible? I don't much care about this $10.00 rebate and usually add any rebates that I receive to my yearly charity donation...but this is not only a rip shows that Circuit City at the highest level does not care about customer satisfaction. A company that is willing to give up a customer over $10.00 does not deserve to have my business. H hackettstown, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Jun 14 2004
Circuit City ripoff Failed to honor warranty Mesquite Texas
In December of 2003 I purchased a 56 Panasonic TV from Store 546 in Mesquite, TX. It was on sale and I asked the salesperson if I could get the same TV in Tyler since I had just be informed that my company was relocating to Tyler. He assured me that would be no problem. In fact the Tyler store didn't have the TV so it came to me from Longview, TX. I received the TV at my new home December 23, 2003. I purchased the extended In Home Warranty shortly after. On February 8, 2004 the TV went out. I called the CityAdvantage folks and was told that In Home meant I didn't have to take the TV into the store myself, but that it would be picked up by a service provider. On February 13, East Texas Electronics came to my home and picked up my TV. That's the last I've seen of it and my nightmare continues. East Texas Electronics is not in Tyler, but in Center, Tx some 100 or so miles away. Since my TV left I have been told: 1. The service provider had a family emergency and was gone for a week. 2. The part was so badly burned they couldn't tell what it was. 3. They had to order a manual from Panasonic to identify the part. 4. They had installed the part but didn't have the remote to program the TV. 5. They were waiting on the part (this was one week after they had said they only needed the remote) During all this I was also talking with representatives from CityAdvantage Warranties. The first person I talked to was polite but of no help. The next person suggested that surely I had another TV and this shouldn't be an inconvience. All of the 20 or so people since have been polite but of no help. I was finally told after three months that an exchange had been approved. All I had to do was call the store in Mesquite and they would make arrangements with the store in Tyler. This took another week and I was then told by the Tyler store that I had to have possesion of the TV before they could make an exchange. This seemed a bit unreasonable since it was their service provider that had the dang thing anyway. The last episode happened two weeks ago and I still have no resoulution. It's been four (4) months since my TV was picked up for warranty work. My advice : NEVER SHOP AT CIRCUIT CITY!!!!!! dennis TX, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Mesquite, Texas
Dec 08 2002
Circuit City Warranty scam with Sony Monitors Mobile Alabama
Circuit City and Sony have put the wrong warranties in the boxes of some Sony monitors. In Mobile they sold the Sony CPD-E400 with a one year warranty in the box when it actually has a three year warranty. When the monitor broke Sony was contacted and they said they would fix it but refused to provide a copy of the real Sony warranty. We have since obtained the real warranty and still have the wrong one year warranty. Is this a scam that the big retailers use? Ted Mobile, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: mobile, Alabama
Sep 28 2002
Circuit City ripoff false promises Baltimore Maryland
Since 1996 till yesterday. I have bought more than $10,000.00 worth of product from Curcuit City. I have had 2 problems with Curcuit City's return without a receipt. I have done this twice, and both times they had my phone number mixed up with someone named Maxwell (Last Name). On 8/16/02 I bought a HP Office Jet v 40, and they have no record of it anywhere. They have a lousy way of storing information. I returned the product without a receipt. They could not find any information that I had bought it there, or any where. Including searching dates near 8/16/02. So I had to buy a new and better one. Yet I would bet that if I had to return this new device. The same problem would occur. Customers beware. If you think you don't need a receipt. You could get screwed, just like me. However, when I called HP. They had all the necessary information, and they are going to send me a new one. So now I will have 2 of something that I only need 1 of. I'll sell it to the first person that wants it for $50.00 less than I paid for it. Joseph Baltimore, Maryland
Entity: Maryland
Jun 04 2000
Circuit City ripped me off !
I received a Rio500 portable mp3 player for Christmas and have been trying to make it work with a Windows NT operating system. When my wife purchased it, the package had ink marker writing on it and it was missing the instruction manual-- which obviously indicated it was used merchandise. Putting this aside, I continued to research the matter of making it work. The manufacturer e-mailed me the manual in an MS Word format and told me this device is not compatible with WinNT. I had no choice but to return the product to the place of purchase. It was within the 30 day return policy so I did not expect any problems expecting a $292.26 refund. A rude awakening was waiting for me as Circuit City told me they would not refund the money. The mp3 player was considered a computer device which only has a 14 day exchange policy. This was strange since it is clearly stated digital audio device on the package, and Circuit City has it listed under portable electronics on their web page. All this and not to mention it was originally used. My next point was that the Rio500 mp3 player is still a top-of-the-line hot item. It's not as if this is outdated, undesirable merchandise. There was only one left when my wife purchased it, and eager people were scrambling to find them in stock. The manager disagreed with my statement and implied that he was overstocked right now having five on hand, not to mention the demand is much lower. Later, strangely enough, while walking around the store, I noticed another customer was purchasing the exact same product--- a Rio500! My wife looked at the computer screen as the clerk rang up the bill and (lo-and-behold!) they only showed 1 left after that purchase. Hmmmmm.... there is still a demand and low stocking levels. I could not believe that Circuit City expected me to keep a $300 gadget that was useless to me. The manager reluctantly offered to charge me a 15% restocking fee ($40) and give the rest to me in store credit. I took what I could get, but I still feel cheated. I have been a Circuit City customer for years and have never had a problem until now. Last year I spent nearly $1500 at their store, $1300 of which can be quickly proven to them if they check my Circuit City credit card account. I would like to become a satisfied customer again by receiving a full refund on my credit card. I honestly do not believe this is an unfair request, under the above mentioned circumstances.
Entity: San Jose, California
Jul 11 2000
Circuit City Warranty Ripoff
On January 3rd I purchased two CTX laptop computers from the Circuit City store in Burnsville, MN. I purchased these as an open box buy at a discounted price. Because of the risk involved I decided to buy the extended warranty at a cost of 100 dollars. The salesperson, Jay Sivasailam, assured me that in the event something went wrong it would be covered for 4 years under this plan. He also told me that the fact the computer was sold as an open box had no effect on the warranty status. The sales receipt also states that all warranties still apply. After taking the computers home I discovered the Hard Drive on one of the machines was malfunctioning. I had a computer programmer look at it and he told me that it needed to be replaced. That night I contacted my sales person Jay and informed him of the problem, he said to go ahead and bring it in but that it was 8:50pm and the store would be closing at 9. He also said he would be off the following day and to bring it in any time after that so he could resolve the problem personally. Three days later I took the computer back to the store to get service. I contacted the store periodically, each time they told me it was waiting for service. After 2 weeks I pointed out that the warranty stated that if they could not repair or replace the damaged hardware that a loaner should be issued. On 1/16/200 the store manager, Eric, hesitantly complied and issued an older IBM laptop to me. The store was not attempting to repair the computer but replace it, and since the model had been discontinued they could not issue a new one. The first replacement was also an open box or returned item and it had the same problem the first one did. The second replacement had a badly burned out screen, which made it unusable. After I turned down these computers the store manager told me he could not repair the computer because CTX was out of business and they were not authorized to work on them. I found that CTX was not out of business, but had only discontinued their line of laptops. However they were still honoring their one-year manufacturer warranty. When I contacted CTX they told me that open box buys were not covered under their warranty. This is important because Circuit City has repeatedly told me that all warranties would still apply and that the extended warranty becomes effective when the manufacturer's expires. In Circuit City's warranty literature it states that if a piece of hardware is not repairable that they would replace it with a model with similar features and functionality. I took our case to the district manager who refused to resolve our problem. I stated to the store manager that I expected a repaired laptop or a model similar in functionality as their warranty states. Later I spoke to the service manager who told me that our laptop had been sold and that they would contact me on what they were going to do. I waited some time and finally received a message from an employee named Ann saying that our laptop had been repaired and all I needed to do was to bring the loaner in. I did not bring the laptop in but I called to verify this. The store then changed its story saying that it was in fact not fixed but repeated to me that it had been sold. After waiting more time I received a letter from Circuit City threatening to take legal action if we did not return the loaner IBM laptop. By June I decided to take my case to the corporate offices. I thought we had an agreement with a customer service rep, Tasha, for the laptop to be replaced. However after consulting with the store manager she told me that nothing could be done. I then spoke to a supervisor named Sharisse Davis who stated that the reason they could not repair the laptop was because they were not authorized to do so. She also affirmed the reason for not replacing the model with a one with similar features and functionality is because the price difference between what we paid and the price in what a replacement would disqualify it from being comparable features and functionality as stated in the warranty. It is now July, and the service manager Earl has told me he is going to call the police if I don't return the loaner. I believe that I am not being treated fairly by this company. My goal here is simply to have the company live up to its promises, stand by its written and implied warranties, and repair or replace my laptop.
Entity: Burnsville, Minnesota
Jun 23 2000
Circuit City out of stock
Yesterday (6/21/00) I went into the Naperville IL Circuit City to purchase a DVD, Dogma, at the advertised price of $14.99. I was informed by the salesperson that this DVD was out of stock. I asked if I could get a rain-check and he said that rain-checks were not given for DVDs. I then talked with a manager and he said that there are no special orders for 'software'. He also said that I could check back with the store daily to see if the DVD had come in. If this is Circuit City's policy I can accept it, though I am disheartened. Just as an interesting addition, I went to Best Buy to see if they had the Dogma DVD and found that the price was $19.99. I talked to a salesperson telling him that Cicuit City was selling it for $14.99. His response was Yeah, but they probably don't have any left. He obviously understands Circuit City's policys better than I do.
Entity: Naperville, Illinois
Jan 07 2002
Circuit City Extended Warranty Rip-off
We bought our daughter a trunk-mounted CD player. After 2 days the disc cartridge jammed. We took it back, and were told to use a knife to get the cartridge unjammed. After a few months, it totally quit changing discs, so I took it back to Circuit City. They sent it to the repair shop, and called a few days later saying the extended warranty wouldn't cover the repair because a knife had been used to unstick the cartridge! I contacted the attorney general, my own attorney, and Jensen, the manufacturer. Jensen immediately sent me a new unit that works perfectly. My extended warranty from Circuit City turned out to be totally worthless, as a warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it. I have spent a lot of money since on electronics, computers, etc, but I will never set foot in a Circuit City store again, and I tell everyone who will listen the reason why.
Entity: Federal Way, Washington
Jun 23 2001
CIRCUIT CITY REVENGE!! :-) ..bogus extended warranty
Hi everyone, Well we were victims of Circuit Cities, bogus extended warranty plan, just like everyone else. We went through the countless techs with G.E. phone services with the same B.S as everyone else got..Sooooo finally we decided to take legal action...We are in California and filed in small claims court. We served Circuit City by mail, which the courts did for us for 5 dollars and found out that they did receive our summons. Two days before our court date, Circuit Cities' legal department in Virginia, called to find out why they were being suied..I explained the bogus help that I received from G.E and that there were hundreds of people who had the same problems. She told me that she would have a tech come out to fix it next week.. We told her that is fine but we still going to court, just incase they don't come out to fix it and we miss our court date.. When we went to court their attorney was there to represent them.. We explained to the judge what their legal rep said over the phone, so the courts extended our court date for one month.. Well the next week a tech came out and fixed our computer. It was a pain in the ass, but we did get satisfaction.. I assure you we will never buy anything from Circuit City again, but at least we feel that we got what we paid for. If any one needs any information on whom to contact in Circuit Cities legal department and who to mail a summons to, please contact us at Oooh and by the way, when we were leaving the court that day, the very next case was against Circuit City also.. the person was suing for not getting a rebate that he was promised.Circuit City had another attorney there representing them..both of their attorneys were surprised that they were both there...What a dufus company at best. :-) Rob and Edie
Entity: Concord, California
Feb 18 2002
Circuit City Rip off York Pennsylvania
I purchased an Emachine Computer System from Circuit City Store Number 3708, York, Pennsylvania, on December 3, 2001, I have received receipts to send in for three rebates. I have received all the rebates from the Manufacturer, however when I questioned them regarding the largest rebates of $120.00, they stated it was the responsibile of the Store to forward my rebate. It is almost three months and I haven't received the $120.00 rebate check which I need desparately. Please advise as to when I will receive the rebate check. Jody Wrightsville, Pennsylvania
Entity: York, Pennsylvania
Feb 16 2002
Circuit City rebate ripoff never received my rebate
Bought motorola star tech phone--was promised $80 rebate--filled out paperwork nothing received from Circuit City Stores. Dave Loas Angles, California
Entity: Nationwide
Feb 12 2002
In August of 2001 I purchased a Sony Wega TV from Circuit City in Braintree, MA. The set was delivered in September with the wrong remote control. After numerous calls to the store, e-mails and snail mail to their so-called Customer Support, I have filed a small claims suit against them. It has been 6 months and no one returns my calls! No one accepts responsibily, key people don't work there anymore and nobody wants to deal with the problem. At one point, a Customer Service person at store 4119 told me that he doesn't talk to his manager because they work different hours therfore had no way of telling him I called! I have been unable to enjoy the equipment to its full extent because of a lack of Customer Service after sale! John Allston, MA
Entity: Braintree, Massachusetts
Mar 18 2002
On 11-29-01, I purchased a direct TV outfit from circuit city and they promised,as their ads did, a $99.00 rebate. This was to cover the installation cost. Upon leaving the store, I asked for a rebate form. they said they didn,t have any and for me to get it off the net. I did this immediately and mailed it in to the address shown. On March 12, I became concerned about not hearing from them so I calling them. I was advised that they had no record of my having filed a form, and they had no record of ever offering a $99.00 rebate. In all of my phone calls, they do not wish to discuss it. Jack Palm Bay, Kansas
Entity: INTERNET, Internet
Mar 22 2002
Entity: Nationwide
Nov 19 2001
Circuit City rip off senior citizen
My son purchased a cell phone for me in November of 2000, We returned it and got a $50.00 store credit in form of card. this was at the Saugus Circuit city. Not being told it was good for 90 days I decided while in Manchester,N.H. circuit city to spend my credit card they declined and told my Son no way that expired. But its my $50.00 and I am a senior citizen and my husband is handicapped, what is circuit city doing with my $50.00 can anyone find out for me? Do they really need my $50 credit?
Entity: Saugus, Massachusetts
Dec 06 2001
Circuit City rips me off and short circuits again
I purchased a brand new Panasonic 27 Flat screen TV from Circuit City on Dec 1st. Because the tv was not in stock at the store that I purchased it at (Store 3157 - Newark, DE) I drove to the Wilmington, DE location (store 3158) and picked up the TV the following day, Dec 2nd. I went to the extent of getting the Extended gaurantee on the unit, as well as adding In-home service this morning. This morning, Dec 6th, the TV ceased to function. I contacted Circuit City who refused to honor the contract of in-home repair/replace because the unit still falls under the 30 day return policy. I had made special arrangements to get the TV to my home, due to the I cannot carry the unit in my car. Circuit City has refused to acknowledge the fact that I have purchased the in-home performance gauruntee, and has told me that if I seek repair/replace thru them I will have to pay delivery costs into another state (I personally reside in MD) and that I will also have to pay the sales tax. I was not told that if I needed by television services at any time would I need to pay the sales tax. Also according to the reciept slip the gauruntee does not start until 12/11/01, while a woman I spoke with at Circuit City Corporate Customer Service stated it started from the day I purchased the T.V. (which is why I was trying to get it serviced in home). I found that Panasonic was not only willing to service the TV, but was going to cover pick-up/drop-off charges by an authorized repair technician further away then both the Circuit City stores. After speaking with a manager at Circuit City as well as their Cool-Line number listed when a retail store doesn't satisfy request, I find that I still remain unsatisfied as far as a Customer is concerned.
Entity: Newark & Wilmington, Delaware
Dec 04 2001
$ 60.00 WAS NEVER RECEIVED. I BELIEVE THAT CIRCUIT CITY EMPLOYEES RE-ROUTE REBATES TO THEIR HOMES, THAT WHY SO MANY GET RIPPED OFF Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Circuit City Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on manufactures and retailers not giving you the rebates they promised and advertised. *EDitorial: The Marketing Rebate Rip Off ...invent reasons not to pay the consumer
Entity: RICHMOND, Virginia
Dec 01 1999
Circuit City...failure to replace entertainment center
On January 17, 1999, we purchased an entertainment center for our big screen television. This piece of furniture cost us $700.00. Weeks went by and still no entertainment center. We called Circuit City, to find out that it was in the store warehouse for weeks. When the piece finally arrived, the light on the right side would not work. I thought it was just the bulb, since it was blown. I bought another bulb and it still would not work. I called Circuit City that night, and could not get anyone on the phone who knew what to do. Finally, several days later after several phone calls, I went into the store and asked for a manager. After about 15 minutes, someone finally appeared. She ordered me a new piece, and said it would be in within a week. Again, several weeks went by, so I called again. Again, it was sitting in their warehouse. They finally came to my home with the new piece. Believe it or not, they ordered the wrong piece. They ordered the left side with the glass door, and not the right. So, the lady ordered another one. She said we will be out within a week. I told her I will be home during the day on Mon. and Thurs. She said they will be out on Thursday. I have yet to receive my replacement of the damaged piece. It is now October 21, 1999. No one seems to know anything about it at the store, and can never help me. This will be the last time I ever buy anything from Circuit City.
Entity: Salisbury, Maryland
Oct 28 1999
Circuit City has struck again!
In February 1999 I bought a computer, scanner, printer, and camera from Circuit City. I was also talk into purchasing their extended service plan as well. After getting the system home I had to contact Parkard Bell because the access code did not work for the system. They mention another flyer that was included with the proper access code. After using it I found a strange name in the system. Anyhow, I had the system for less then 30 days when my C.D. started to act up. I took the system to Circuit City, they stated the warranty for Packard Bell was still ineffect and gave me a phone number to call. The number was no longer in service. I then took the computer to Pearl's Computer service and was told for a $150.00 that the C.D. was bad. I then took it back to Circuit City and demanded service. For $300.00 of warranties they were gonna help me or else. The computer was sent to Circuit City's repair shop. After almost two weeks and no word, I had to track down the system. I then went to pick it up and was charge $40 and told there was nothing wrong with the computer. Upon getting the system home and hooking it back up I found that the C.D. was still malfunctioning. Now how did they miss that. I took it back to Pearl's Computers to be told Circuit City never tested, nor touch the C.D. I then took it back the next day and demanded that it be fixed. Again two more weeks went by, with me having to track it down, only to be charge another $20 and told there was NOTHING WRONG. After all this I decided to write to Circuit City and waited for an answer that never came. So I wrote again and finally someone answer. (Ms. Mcgee) I was sent a letter and told what to do, and who to talk with to get help. I did what the letter said to do. Only for Circuit City to not do what was promised of them. Circuit City did find that the C.D. was out and wanted to fix it. I then told them I would never trust them again, and that I wanted a new Hard drive. After days of arguing I finally got a new Hard drive. But, for 7 months I paid for an entire system I couldn't use. Circuit City has a policy when it comes to purchasing merchandise with their credit card, (see Circuit City's web site.) Quote, SPECIAL RULE FOR CREDIT CARD PURCHASES: If you have a problem with the quality of property or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the property or services.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Nov 26 1999
CIRCUIT CITY Extended Service Protection hogwash
My dishwasher just broke with only a few months of extended service protection left. A small pin hooking together the soap dispenser broke loose and the whole soap dispenser fell apart. I never have been able to find the pin or the spring that was part of the whole thing. When a service man came to look at it he said it was due to customer abuse and nothing would be covered. He also said that our rusting dish racks would not be covered either. Why do they think I bought the extended service for in the first place? We did not abuse it. When I brought that point up, the man said that normal wear and tear would not be covered either. Is this normal wear and tear? I dont think so! What a crock! If I choose to have them fix everything it would cost around $220.00 The dishwasher only cost about $350.00 to begin with and its only 2 1/2 years old. It is a Maytag. Its suppose to have been awsome. What to do now?
Entity: Nationwide, Nationwide
Nov 26 1999
Circuit city and DVD-DIVIX
Ok last year I decieded too buy a dvd player. The sales person talked us into Divx at the time it sounded like a pretty cool idea. Supossed too be the next big thing in entertainment. Next thing I know six months later they go outta buisness. Any way they sent me a rebate form 2 months before the deadline too mail it in was. I completed it and mailed it in that was about five months ago. I decieded 2 months later too call and see waht was up with my rebate but the phone # was disconnected so now im stuck with a machine that I have no use for out my $100.00 rebate and about $40.00 of new divx movies that cant be used. Any suggestions?
Entity: louisville, Nationwide
Dec 12 1999
Poor Service @ Circuit City
Poor Service Circuit City offered me no help at all on a $2500 computer system when I needed help still UNDER WARRANTY. They talk big about good service but treat you bad when you need that service. Make your major electronics purchases someplace else.
Entity: Vallejo-Fairfield-Napa, California