DISH NETWORK Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Dish Network

There may be more reports for "Dish Network"

For more results perform a general search for "Dish Network"

Showing 26-50 of 16,749 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Dish Network"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Feb 12 2010
DISH Network are crooks, Internet
I am into my 4th month of a 2-year contract and my monthly fee is going up. Contacted them and they gave a long winded explanation of how they are changing how and what they charge for. I got the service because it was a good deal at a good price, but if they can just change the price whenever they want, then not so good a deal. Evidently with Dish, a contract only works one way. Customer is tied in and Dish can do whatever they want. They are crooks and I will never do business with them again.
Jan 25 2010
Dish Network Cinemax False Advertising PALATINE, Illinois
Back on February 6th, 2009 I signed up for a Dish Network promotion 1 Year of Cinemax for a Penny. I was charged a penny that day. On January 24th, 2010 my Cinemax was deleted from my account, and I was charged another penny.When I called to complain they removed the penny charge from my account, but refused to reinstate the Cinemax, even though I should have had service to February 6th, 2010. They said the Cinemax offer was over. How can it be over? I did not receive a year of it.  I asked for other compensation or free programming. They gave me zilch.This is totally false and deceptive advertising.
Entity: PALATINE, Illinois
Sep 10 2010
Dish Network Hidden Exit charges Internet
Dish charges Exit fees.  This is the sleazy business practice of charging people who want to cut back or cancel service.  They charge you if you want to stop using their service!  For example, if you have a movie channel subscription and you want to cancel, Dish charges you to cancel the service.  They also charge you to cancel their service altogether!  I just called to cancel and they are wanting to charge me $30 for me to ship back the receivers that I have been leasing from them for 7 years.  Else, I have to pay about $70 per receiver.Let's keep in mind that these 7 year old receivers are past the point of depreciation and will only be thrown out when they get to Dish central - they effectively have 0 value!Dish has lost a customer in me forever.
Jan 05 2010
DISH Network satellite tv Internet
Opened Dish Net-work account in 07/09 after the sales called times. The sales promised $100 refund, lower monthly fee ($21.99/month) and waived activation for their promotion. None of that came true and I got a notice for about $100 balance on my account in 11/09. How come? I signed the auto pay via credit card! Anyway, I paid that off and gave my credit card info again. I found another $168 balance posted on my account again in 12/09. They told me there is some activation fee (after I opened the account 6 month!!) & some balance from some other peoples credit card they need refund! What is that!!! It looks Dish-Network and its sales never being able to tell their client true stories!!
Apr 02 2012
Dish Network Refund claim Internet
My name is Anthony Wilson and I obtained your email address off of ripoff report.com.  I was looking at how you guys treated your customers and I feel I have been treated the same way.  I closed my account on February 2nd and I was told I would receive my refund once you guys received your receivers and I complied with everything you asked of me and you guys are still giving me the run around.  I don't want to write a report for my issue but if I keep going through all these run arounds I will have to call my local news station or protest.  Can you or someone at dish refund my money please!!!!!  I hope to hear from you today!!!This was an email I sent to Daniel Busa
Jun 13 2012
DISH NETWORK False Advertising Internet
Dish Network is a Huge Rip Off!!  They advertise that this new Hopper Product is free when you sign up for America's Top 200 or above and HD Free For Life.  What they do not tell you is that there are additional fees that they do not disclose in their advertisements, such as an additional $10 a month service fee and a $7 a month charge for a piece of equipment that they also classify as a service fee.  Correct me if I am wrong, but when did a piece of equipment (a tangible object) become classified as a service charge.  Dish Network needs to pull all of their advertisements and create new ones that are not false advertising the products.  I even called in to customer care and spoke with a manager in the sales department for a good half an hour and got no where with her except her saying that she is on my side and that she agrees with me and all of this garbage.  Then she even had the nerve to tell me that existing customers where being grandfathered in of sorts when they requested to upgrade to the Hopper.  Since when is upgrading being grandfathered in and since when does a company allow certain customers a waiver of the service fees and then charge other customers.  They are a total RIP OFF!
32, Report #198949
Jun 30 2006
Dish Network ripoff, NO HELP! Internet
Paid bill, and now there is no balance, so, am still trying to get a warm body on the phone, for all of you rebuttlers, I have already done the obvious, punched in 0 no operator. So, go figure, still haven't gotten any help, so have at it, rebuttal each other. Scott urbandale, IowaU.S.A.
Feb 25 2006
Dish Network ripoff Atlanta Georgia
Dish Network has over charged us for movies we did not order. There were movies ordered that were not on our statements and movies that were not ordered that were on our statement. We argued with Dish Network about our over charges but finally agreed to take a $50 discount off the the outrageous bill but was told that we would have to order pay per view movies over the phone from now on out. We ordered a movie today (2/25/2006) over the phone for a all day ticket and were told that we would have to pay a fee oredering over the phone in which we were not informed. During the $50 discount agreement we were not informed of a over the phone fee whether it was a $1 or $5. But we were given a number to call for the $1 fee. But we were charged a $5 fee for a movie we did not order because of this this $5 fee so I asked to speak to the manager but no one ever came to the phone. So I hung up. But while flipping around with remote I realized they oredered the the movie anyway so I quickly called back to let them know that we refused to order the because of the $5 fee. So I informed the rep that I would be filing a complaint against them about all the problems we have had with them. and he offered to waive the $5 fee as a one time waiver. But something seriously needs to be done about Dish network and their crooked ways because the service is expensive enough without having to pay for things you did not order. Thank you and have a blessed day! Erica Colbert, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
34, Report #209326
Sep 03 2006
Dish Network ripoff Anadarko Oklahoma
I have been a loyal DishNetwork customer for 3 years, 3months and five days. Until today and I have finally had enough with their attitude towards customer service. We have experienced satellite service interruptions on a daily basis since we moved to our new home in 02-06. Today call number one resulted in my common sense being questioned as to whether the weather was causing our loss of service. Finally, we were told by a very abrubt customer service technician to switch out our living room box with the one in the bedroom, run a check switch test on it and call them back. Result, same problem. Call #2 and an even more rude technician questioning whether we are sure we moved the box and ran the check switch test, result was the same and she informed us that it would be necessary for a field technician to come to our home to repair the problem and his estimate arrival to make repairs would be in 10days. Ten days!!! Are you kidding, is the guy coming by stagecoach or pony express, I mean because we are only 45 minutes from a major city by automobile. Dishnetworks reply: Take it or leave it, ten days or nothing!!! We ended call number two frustrated and uncertain of what recourse or action we should take with these totally unagreeable, rude, unprofessional idiots at DishNetwork. My sister was visiting and having been a former DishNetwork customer herself she set about using some tricks that a technician had taught her during one of her many problems with their service and she managed to get our television service back on in the living room only to have them retaliate by removing all of our most frequently watched and favorite channels so we proceeded to make our next call to DishNetwork in hopes that we could get them to restore these channels so this poor old retired couple could have some form of television during this dreaded 10 day wait. Call #3 we got none other than the energizer bunny technician named Cindy that couldn't shut up long enough for us to get a word in edgewise and after screaming at her to shut-up and requesting a Supervisor that might have enough sense to listen to us and might have enough customer service training to resolve our problem we got Eric who finally got on the line after listening to our recorded conversation with Cindy. After trying to turn this into a personal issue instead of a business related issue we were informed by Eric that we had caused them so much distress with our repeated calls for help that 10 days were no longer an option and it would now be longer if we chose to have a service technician at a cost of #49.95 (minimum) to come to our home. We ended the call with telling Eric that we thought it was time to investigate a new means of satellite service from one of their competitors. Eric decided it was time to bring out the big guns and threaten us with the old you have a contract agreement for 12 months that you signed with us when you moved to your new home and you will be forced to pay us an early cancellation fee ($200.00). It is quite apparent that DishNetwork should rename their service associates/technicians because SERVICE is the last thing that DishNetwork offers to the consumer. We would advise any consumer from any state in the United States to rally together and get DishNetwork right where it hurts in their wallet. Refuse to do business with them, refuse to refer anyone seeking satellite service to them and maybe once their accounts begin to fall drastically some one sitting up their in the ivory towered power offices will take notice that DishNetwork needs to make some vast improvments in the field of CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Lewis S. Anadarko, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Anadarko, Oklahoma
Dec 11 2005
Dish Network ripoff Birmingham Internet
Dish Network - Deceptive Business Practices I strongly recommend everyone stay away from dish network. Early in our contract with dish, we called them to have our receiver serviced. We were told that since we did not buy the equipment from them, they were unable to service the equipment. OK. So they can't support their own product since we purchased through a reseller. So we suffer through our 2 year contract and decide to cancel. We call the same number. Now they said that we must return their equipment or they will charge us. Wait. Now its suddenly their equipment? When it needs fixing its not theirs, but when it comes time to charge money for it they will claim it in a heartbeat. They are full of contradictions. * For an extra $49.99 we can upgrade to a free PVR. Nope, its not free. You don't even own it. Its the dish's. * The reseller said that after the contract is up the equipment is ours to keep. More lies. According to Dish this free equipment isn't ours. We don't have to return it to the reseller, but we have to return it to Dish or pay charges. * Dish says they stand behind their resellers... but they won't service anything the retailer sells. Please please do not be duped by Dish. They are very shady. Take a few minutes to search the web for Dish network customer complaints. Danny Daniel Odenville, AlabamaU.S.A.
Dec 21 2007
Dish Network deseption Ephrata Pennsylvania
This all started in October when my wife and I subscribed to the Dish Network.When my wife had the conversation on the phone a person named Josh he promissed us if we took the up grade to the $19.95 program we would be able recieve Court tv,cops and the health channel.The promise was also given if we took the local channels we would get Fox 29 in Phila. Pa. We were also promises according to the advertisement a free DVR up grade with the $29.95 package.The person came for the instalation he did not have the DVR and told us we were not to get it.We were told by josh that the installer would have our certificates for the free items we wanted to choose. Iwas told to go to there web site to down load the info for my FREE gifts this is when I found out I hade to pay shipping on any item I choose.I called Dish network to talk about this (after 3 hours) to get some one who had a brain that the instlation company was a 3rd party vendor and they have nothing to do with this. I spent the next 2 weeks trying to get to some one from the Corp office to speake to.I was given every thing from a bogas phone number to false web sites.I have not o date been able to get on there feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com. I thought since I can not get the local chanels I was promissed I would cancel them to save the money.I was told you signed a contract and you will have to pay$5.0 for something else I have no idea what nthat is because the woman i was speaking did not speak very good english. At one point I did speak to some one from the dish network and they agreed to ship me the DVR for free and fix my problems with the up grade to get the wanted shows.I thanked her and she stated that will now cost you $49.95 wow would she have fixed the problem I would have beeen had again. I was going over my bank statement to see that the instaltion company charged me $30.0 for the free instatlation. I may not be the smartest person on the earth I can tell when I am being taken over.I can,t believe a company can get away with this type of out and out theft.I feel their contract is to protec6t them not them and the consumer.What a bunch of decievers Rich ephrata, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Jul 08 2014
Dish Network False Advertising Nationwide
Dish Network offers the move in deal where they move you for free and then give you 3 months of two premium channels for free  well that is a lie and their excuse is if you service has been interrupted that they cannot give you this offer  HOW DO YOU MOVE WITHOUT YOUR SERVICE BEING INTERRUPTED?   total scam and something should be done about this type of false advertising
Mar 02 2016
Dish network Nationwide
 I payed 126.97 Feb 9 2016 dish received it and still are debating my account for the same transaction I'm not on auto pay. I have faxed my bank statement twice they claim to never received it emailed it they haven't received it I have called everday for 3 weeks my account is over drawn over 500 dollars due to this and all they can tell me is I have to wait.worst company in history
May 19 2016
DISH Network Service Englewood Colorado
DISH Network does not provide the service they promote and even the President of the company showed no considration on how I was treated by his departments on three no shows by his technician department. He instead put me against a wall by stating we have canceled your service with the 300.00 disconnection fee or I can turn back on and setup another technician appointment. What was I suppose to do that point? Here is the story of bad service: Our hopper and joey keep losing signal and you have to turn the box off three or four times to change the channel if the box is recording. We had to turn off the auto primetime recording or we couldn't watch tv. I received calls from DISH that they see the problem on their side from reports. Wednesday, May 4, 2016 had appointment 8-12 at 11am got an email that it had to be cancelled. Rescheduled on Saturday, May 14, 2016 and they are suppose to call an hour prior to arrival. No phone call and I called them around 4:15 and said I have no call. Put me on hold and came back said the technician said he called and no one answered. Which is a lie because I had my phone the whole time and I checked my number under appointment and it was listed correctly. Blew up like a monster and the operator said he would give me a one time $30.00 credit, 2.00 off the outdoor package and 10.00 off bill for 6mos. Rescheduled appt to Thursday, May 19, 2016 8-12pm. Call them at 12:30 no phone call they say the appointment does not show up. Get supervisor told him to talk to the operator I had on Saturday he will remember. Comes back on the line and says I talked to the operator and then our technician dept and they didn't follow procedures. The appointment got cancelled but they never contacted us to notify you. I said then I want out of my contract with no fee. Talk to a lady in that dept. She says I can do $20.00 off for 6mos. I said the guy on Saturday offered me discounts. She says I only have the 30.00 credit and nothing else. I state again I want out of my contract with no fee since all you do is false promises. Then get transferred to her supervisor and same thing. Then I get transferred to the president and I explained above of his game. I have felt like such a number and nobody. They showed they do not care about service. The president did say they take complaints and I said I want to file three: customer service, technician dept and your contract dept.
Entity: Englewood, Colorado
Jun 05 2016
Dish Network False Advertising Englewood Nationwide
 Dish has Internet ad for a $100 gift card if you sign up by August 3rd I did sign up and did not receive the gift card when I called they said I did not mention the ad when I signed up I did mention it they did not process it because they are shady bastards! If they don't want to give it out then don't falsely advertise it! Screw you dish network
Apr 10 2015
Apr 20 2015
Dish Network broadband Tenaha Nationwide
I have been a customer with Dish Network for almost two years. I use both their entertainment and broadband service. Beginning around December of 2014, our internet download speed dropped precariously during peak hours (1:00pm to 3:00am) from 5-7 Mbps (they advertise up to 10 Mbps, but we've never seen it) to as low as .09 Mbps. I say again: .09 Mbps. This is one sixth of dialup. Had my ISP in 1995 been that slow, I would have fired them on the spot. Of course, I live in the middle of nowhere and Dish is my only option, so I decided to give their tech support a go. This turned out to be about as useful as talking to my dog. Their first excuse: The Router. Of course it can't be our equipment, it must be your router. Replace your router and call us back if that doesn't fix the problem. Soooo.... Dish's answer to a technical problem was to have the customer arbitrarily waste his money replacing something that works perfectly fine before investigating further? Ah, no. The router is fine. Try again. The next option was to send a technician. At our expense, of course. To that, we responded by telling them to just end our contract and we'd walk away. They decided to send a tech free of charge, which was the only smart move Dish has made to date. Or maybe not, because the tech found nothing wrong with any part of our system and insead said that the delays we'd been seeing were due to high network traffic. Back to tech support we go.... Today, the cited theories for our terrible service ranged from temperature to weather to the position of the sun. I kindly reminded the person on the phone that the sun wasn't an issue at 3 in the morning. His response was to tell me to call back while the problem was manifesting so they could troubleshoot it.  So we'll see. Do I expect resolution? Of course not. Dish knows it's the only game in town here. It knows that people will continue to pay for broadband with download speeds that weren't acceptable 20 years ago. And the problem is obvious: Dish has simply overbooked its service by offering service to too many people and refusing to make the necessary uprades to accommodate them all. And the natural reaction would be to simply drop Dish as an ISP. But I'm not going to do that. If Dish loses me as a customer, then they only lose $80 a month. But if I spread this far and wide enough to influence dozens or hundreds of potential customers away from picking Dish as a broadband provider, they lose thousands. So this is what I will do. So long as I do not receive the service I pay Dish for, I will cost them as much money as I can. Enjoy your $80 a month, Dish. I'll enjoy costing you 100 times that.
Jan 15 2017
Dish Network Internet
 Dish Network took $460 out of my checking account without my authorization. When I contacted them about the transaction I received 2 different stories. The first representative told me the transaction was for their equipment and once it was received they would credit my checking account. The second representative told me it was an early cancellation fee and no matter what I did they would not refund the money. I am a single mom who just got paid on Friday. After buying a few groceries today I have less than 50 in my account to last for 2 weeks. I need gas money to get back and forth to work and my utilities are due on the 19 th. Thanks to Dish Network my family will not have power or water. The customer service representative was rude and would not help in any way at all.
44, Report #201374
Jul 16 2006
Dish Network & All American Dish rebates ripoff Indianapolis Dallas Texas
My name is Michael, an customer of All American Dish which affiliates with Disk Network. I have signed a standard agreement with the time interval from 01/13/2006 through 05/12/2007. Ms. Sheenika was assisted me with the process on 01/11/2006 with an understanding that I will receive a $12 rebate per month for the first 12 months of the contract. Every month I sent in my statement from Disk Network in hope of receiving the $12 rebate as promised. I have waited until May of 2006 to see if the rebate will finally come my way but to no avail. During the month of June of 2006 I have contacted with the rebate department various times with Ms. Tamica on 06/14, 06/16, 06/26, 07/16/2006 regarding about the status of my rebates but there is nothing coming my way up to this day. Every time I talked to Ms. Tamica, she gave me the same delaying talk with false promises. I have also contacted with Dish Network who said that All American Disk is an independent unit from it and Dish Network will not have anything to do with it. I am very disappointed with the Dish Network and All American Dish's business conduct. A major business entity that invested heavily in advertisement to generate trust and business and yet not following through with it; it is behaving just like a used car dealer, very sad. I need to voice myself so others will not be deceived into dealing with such business entities. Think twice before you want to do business with Dish Network and particularly All Amrerican Dish. Don't let all of the bells and whistles blind your judgement. Michael Houston, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Dec 28 2004
Dish Central, dish Network ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Pflugerville Texas
Had a dealing with dish central,dish network,had their service for the total of 4 days had them to uninstall their service. due to not getting what i was suppose to get in the programing,this was supposed to be a Free install,free activation,no comment,i always check on my account balance on my credit card and there has been a $49.99 charge and a $256.73 charge.these people are thieves,and don't care who they rob. I would advise everyone to stay away from them,I spoke to my card company and they are going to help me dispute the charges,I also change my acc# and told them i would not pay for something i do not have,they have there equipment so why charge me. Linda Sitka, KentuckyU.S.A.
Entity: Pflugerville, Texas
Mar 28 2007
Dish Professionals - Dish Network unprofessionals ripoff Midvale Utah
After having a bad experience with the install and the installer taking way to long to instal I was told I had three days to decided it I wanted to keep the dish what I was not told was that dish professionals is not the same as dish network. I decided to cancel and found out that the three days only applied to dish network. They would not let me cancel even though I called with in the day after they installed and they tried to bill my credit card over $600.00 dollars. I tried to talk with them and they were rude and said nothing other than well you should have read the contract. Yes I should have not realizing that, that is the only way dishonest bad companies can get and keep customers since they have no service ability I just want people to stay far, far away from this company Alan American Fork, UtahU.S.A.
Entity: Midvale, Utah
47, Report #1206099
Feb 02 2015
Dish Network Dish Planet, Planet Dish Buyer Beware planetdish.com is not Dish Network! Internet
I was charged 49.99 on my credit card by planetdish.com without my knowledge or permission. When I contacted Dish Network I was informed that charge was not from them but from the retailer who is planetdish.com and they could not reverse the charge. the y gave me an 800 number to call the retailer but when you request to speak to a customer support person the call just loops back to Dish Network. The salesperson did not tell me there was a separate $49.99 fee aside from the agreed monthly Dish Network cable charges. It is impossible to get your money back. This company is giving Dish Nertwork a bad name.  If Dish Network will not give me my money back, then as soon as my contract is up I will move to Direct TV and never do business with Dish again.
May 29 2002
DISH NETWORK ripoff Englewood Colorado
DISH NETWORK has been harrassing me for items I did not have. In December, 2001, I terminated my service with DISH NETWORK due to a move. I was informed by their rep to leave the items with the new managers in my old apartment and DISH NETWORK would send some boxes for the equipment to be sent back. I left for UK the next morning. When I returned home, I now have a letter from DISH NETWORK charging me $430.84 for the equipment, which I do not have. I call and leave a message with them with no response. Finally, I make contact with some rep and he tells me I owe the money. I told him where the equipment was, but it fell on deaf ears. I later found out that the new managers called the company in December and had service turned on. They were told they could use the same eqipment. How can DISH NETWORK charge me money for equipment they have service on? Sharon Santa Clarita, California
Entity: Englewood, Colorado
Mar 24 2003
Dish Network rip-off Littleton Colorado
I purchased a new receiver from a local Oregon retailer in late November 2002. The receiver was defective and would not work out of the box. I was promised a new replacement receiver but was sent a rebuilt one (which I immediately returned to the local retailer). About two months later, I finally got a new receiver but there were problems with the LNB for it. On 2/25/2003 I finally got dependable service. Dish Network is now telling me that I will must pay for service during the period in which I did not get it. I have spoken to so many people that I finally realized that everyone is either stupid, incompetent or both. I am in the process of writing a leter to Charlie Ergen, the CEO, but don't think it will do any good. (The address I provided in the form is for the corporate office) Ernest Salem, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Littleton, Colorado
Jan 16 2002
Dish Network....Full Year Rip off!!
My complaint is for Dish Network, To make a really long dreadful story short..here we go. Last summer lightning took out our dish network receiver, we called them up, and they said it would cost us around $99.00 for a new receiver, we said it would take us awhile to come up with this kind of money. They said, that's ok, just keep paying us your monthly fee for the America's top 50 and when you do get your receiver hooked up call us, we will credit you those months. Well, that was our first mistake, actually taking them for their word, we should have canceled right there, and not paid them a dime, but my husband is a trusting soul, so he continued to pay them, monthly. Well, we finally got a receiver hooked up, one whole year later. We called them up, a really nice gentleman hooked us back up and got us going. He did tell my husband that we had credit coming for all the months we paid for no service. We believed them...STUPID!! each month we received a statement, until they finally shut us off in October I believe it was. I called them and struck out with the first 2 people I spoke to, they were rude, gave me the run around, saying they had no documentation on their computer of us paying with out service. How convenient! So, I called back one final time, and I actually got a nice lady, who did credit 2 whole months for us, turned our dish back on, and told me that she was not authorized to credit me any more months, but I could email customer care and they could help me, so I did, I went right to my computer and emailed them, I received an automatic email from them stating that I would receive word from them regarding my email within 48 hours. Well, waited one week, heard nothing. So I sent them the email again, same thing...Nothing. So, tonight My husband called them, he is a lot more patient with them than I am, anyway, he spoke with a gentleman named Julian oh my, how rude he was, he did not even give my husband a chance to talk! he interrupted him 80 percent of the time, repeating You will not get credit from us You will not get free service, well, it is not free service!!! we paid for programming for one full year for nothing, I admit we should not have trusted them, but have had no problems with them up until this point, I guess this goes to show you not to trust anyone! esp. DISH NETWORK!!!! Well, Thank you for your time reading this, I'm looking further into this, they have not heard the last of us, what ever happened to the customer is always right? or at least compromising to establish a happy, professional relationship?? I guess they only want your money..but if you ever have problems...watch out! Dish Network Jodi McComb, OH

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 670