DRIVETIME Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: DriveTime

There may be more reports for "DriveTime"

For more results perform a general search for "DriveTime"

Showing 76-100 of 538 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "DriveTime"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

76, Report #1219857
Apr 01 2015
Drivetime Selling vehicles knowing they have major problems Independence, MO Nationwide
Bought a car from Drivetime in Independence, MO in January. Parking brake failed within the first two weeks. It was under warranty and they repaired the switch and the mechanism and then they realized it was a wiring problem. Wiring is not covered under warranty and was out of pocket $90. A few weeks later car began shutting down intermittently, took it back to the repair shop again. They told me the wiring was all wet due to leakage in the firewall and they thought it may have been going on for some time. Over $700 later out of pocket the car was repaired. I spoke with corporate office, many times, about the issues I was having with a car I have had for not even two months. Everytime I called it seemed to be a new call and had to explain things again. I finally spoke with someone that at least seemed to take ownership. He told me to send him the bills to see what can be done. I went back to the repair shop to get copies and they accidentally gave me a copy of an invoice when drivetime owned the vehicle before I bought it. The invoice stated that they brought in the car because back power windows were not functioning. The repair shop stated that there was a problem with the wiring having moisture in it and recommended needing replaced. Customer refused repair is what it said! In short they sold a car knowing it had major problems and it was not disclosed. I sent the invoices to them and they got back with me the next day. They wanted to refund a portion of my out of pocket expenses. I told them that is not good enough. He said that he could not pay me back for the one invoice that drivetime had sent the vehicle in. I told him he needs to read that invoice carefully, he quickly realized the weight of the issue and offered a full refund of the out of pocket expenses. I said the car was acting up again and was about to take it back to the shop. He said to take it back to the local drivetime and turn the car in without repairing it. They tried forcing me to get another car but I refused and the finally rescinded the contract and I got to walk away. The car was back for sale 2 days later. Wow.
Dec 21 2015
DriveTime Unprofessional, Negligent, Lack Luster Assistance Tempe Nationwide
 My car was wrongfully repossessed on Saturday November 7, 2015. Once DriveTime discovered it was an error on their part, I was told my car would be returned to me. After waiting 3 days, I decided to go and pick up my car from the dealership it was taken to. About 1 week after getting my car back, I began having issues with it. The car would not shift out of park and a few mechanical issue lights would come on. The issues would come and go. Finally, on Tuesday December 15, 2015, I called Aeverex, the warranty company for DriveTime. I was told to take my car to their in-network mechanic (RMG Auto Repair located in Calumet City, IL). My car was looked at by the mechanic on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 and the diagnostic report was sent to the warranty company the same day. I was told that it could take anywhere from 24-48 hours for review. It is now Monday, December 21, 2015 (5 days or 120 hours later) and I continue to get the run around from DriveTime. No one has any answers for me. I keep getting transferred to departments and no one will tell me what department I am speaking with. Once I finally did speak with someone who had more information for me, they tried to tell me that they would not cover all costs even though these issues are their fault. They could only provide limited assistance. They've given me limited assistance this entire process. DriveTime is totally unprofessional and unhelpful in every way imaginable. I am completely dissatisfied with the lack luster service I am receiving and wish I had never purchased a vehicle through their company. I want everyone who is considering doing business with them to be fully aware of just how horrible my experience has been. If I were late making a payment, DriveTime would be calling me multiple times in one day. However, since DriveTime is at fault here, I am not being assisted. This is totally unacceptable and has negatively impacted my personal and professional life. It is my hope that I can prevent any future customers from being victimized by DriveTime’s fraudulent and neglectful business practices.
Oct 05 2015
Drivetime Sold me a car with a bad transmission Morrow Georgia
I purchased a vehcle from drivetime less than 60 days ago. I should've known better when they sold me a vehicle with the tire pressure light on. Ever since then its been down hill. The vehicle had a nail in two of the tires I had to pay to have it plugged. I heard a sqeaking noise coming from it when I drove they said it was some type of shift something took it to their in network shop after i got the car back it was still making the noise, this was within the first five days. A few days after that both headlights went out. Two or three weeks later I was two hours away from home and my vehicle begin to struggle when it was time to accelerate and it wouldnt go in reverse at all. I make it home getting off the interstate stop at the light my car won't go forward. Byt this time I'm like my transmission is gone. I called them Monday morning tell them whats going on I had to go off on the warranty company and the drivetime customer service, might I add that is not customer service. By this time I was out of my 30 days and this is how they get you. They knowinlgy sell messed up cars knowing it will last long enough to get past the return period and the first thirty days so they can hit you with a deductible. I told them they can come get their car then. I finally spoke with someone who was willing to waive the deductible and they reimburse the towing but only up to $75, mine was $104. This is a really crappy comapny and aeverex is just as bad. My thoughts were to take it to the news and I should've I can't wait until I can get out of this death sentence with them.
Oct 09 2015
Drivetime Corporate Lies & unauthorized tows Phoenix Arizona
I purchased my vehicle from Dr time in May of 2015 within a month I've had to replace battery twice and the alternator. My problem still consists when I still had a dead battery. However after a day of getting the alternator fixed my car was still having a hard time starting up in each morning it would act like a dead battery for the past month orl so. I've had to using use cables to jump start my vehicle every day which was very inconvenient I almost lost my job for this because I didn't know when my car would want to work. I got so frustrated with a problem that has his purchases vehicle that it was messing up on me and I was having to do all these repairs so soon. Call Drivetime corporate and they asked me to take it to a in network facility which I did and they said they diagnosed the problem and that they would repair it and they would on the doll somewhere to get restarted and that I would have it by 2 days from now well few days past and I still don't have my vehicle had no word on what was going on so I used to my GPS to see where it was and I figured it out and called the new facility where it was now being held and they told me the previous Sylheti messed up on those repairs and that should not have been repaired because the problem still persist on having a dead battery. They ask for a few more days of diagnostic which I have to get the approval from Dr time I'm corporate and apparently they approved it after they did approve those hours the new dealership did find what was going on and called back with the total of repairs cost and what parts but at that point corporate he used to want to help me anymore and decided to have an unauthorized toe to a different facility that I was unaware of. I contacted Dr time and ask why they would otherwise I told that I had no idea about when the facility that have the vehicle knew what was going on and what needed to be done but yet they wanted to take it out of the facility and take it somewhere else to get more diagnostic to see what was going on when I told them there along with the new facility telling them that they know what was going on they were very rude and did not want to hear me out they immediately told me that if I did not get them off of speaker that they would in the phone call and just hang up on me they couldn't give me a estimate or total to help me get the problem fixed because the dealership that it was currently at was an out-of-network facility when in fact they were the ones who approved it to go there .At this point I'm very frustrated and almost in tears not understanding why these people would lie to me in front of the facility that had my vehicle .Corporate stated the facility never calied with that information. But the facility was right there with me to catch them in a lie. They were immediately angry & eventually hung up on me. I need this company to be exposed. They are a scam.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Jun 11 2017
DriveTime Wasted my time Saint Louis Missouri
 I've emailed back and forth with the customer service department at Drivetime for the past week or two. The lady I emailed with encouraged me to contact my local drivetime and that they would get me in a vehicle. Given the local drivetime is an hour and a half away, I was leery of just showing up to find that things wouldn't go well. I called the local drivetime and explained my situation. He said to bring my info and my wife's info up there and we could get a minivan or SUV using both of our info. I was concerned since she had just purchased her car from drivetime in February so I was surprised that she could qualify for another car again so soon but he said it would be fine and we needed a van so we made the trek up there today. We had to get a special babysitter since my son has special needs; it's a big deal. We get there and apparently I had called another local location because they didn't know what I was talking about with regards to my info and such. The man who helped us was nice though and looked into it all. He said no, my wife couldn't be on a new loan at all since it had only been a few months. Okay. Then he said he couldn't count the adoption subsidy of over $1600 a month that we receive because it comes in my name and my wife's name. I explained that they didn't use that towards her income when she bought her car but I guess that didn't matter. He did tell me I could do a lease vehicle and there were two I could pick from. They weren't at his location but at another local location about 45 minutes away. He had me and my wife go with another employee up to the other location to pickup one of the two vehicles. To say they were in rough condition would be a gross understatement. The first vehicle smelled...bad. The door handles in the backseat had been chewed up from what I'm assuming was a dog. The seats were stained, the headliner was stained, the exterior looked like it had been beaten and scraped up. To top it off, it made a horrible beeping noise when we tried to leave with it which caused us to have to stay while someone figured it out. We looked at the other lease vehicle and while it initially looked okay, it too was stained up and somehow was missing the center console lid amongst other issues. I couldn't see paying the over $12K asked for either vehicle so we had to make the long 45 minute trip back to the original location with no vehicle. The original salesman was busy so we stood there for a few minutes thinking the manager (I assume that's who he is) that sat there watching us would offer some sort of apology for the condition of the vehicles but instead nobody said a word to us. I'm assuming there's a lesson to be learned here somehow but I don't know what it is yet. I paid over $80 for a special babysitter; spent most of my day going to, from and all over town, and left feeling embarrassed and stupid for having tried to buy a vehicle. That's not exactly the experience I had hoped for.
Entity: Saint Louis, Missouri
Sep 15 2008
DRIVETIME A COMPANY THAT RIP YOU OFF AT DRIVETIME IN ORLANDO ,ORLANDO Florida
WE BOUGHT A CAR FROM DRIVETIME BACK IN 2006 AND EVERYSINCE WE HAD THE CAR THERE HAS BEEN A PROBLEM AND THEY ALWAYS SAY THERE IS NOTHING THAT THEY CAN DO TO FIX IT. IF THERE IS ANYBODY WHO IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THIS LOCATION PLS HIT ME BACK THANK YOU. Jeanelle APOPKA, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: ORLANDO, Florida
Jul 23 2008
Drivetime Aka Ugly Duckling RIPPED OFF BY DRIVETIME Mesa Arizona
TO ALL VICTIMS OF DRIVETIME; TO SEE THAT DRIVETIME GETS THEIR BUSINESS LICENSE TAKEN, FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR STATE CORPORATIONS DIVISION. FOR EXAMPLE, IN THE STATE OF OHIO, CONTACT THE OHIO CORPORATIONS DIVISION AND ASK THEM HOW DO YOU FILE A COMPLAINT. MY CASE: MY CAR WAS UNDER WARRANTY AND DRIVETIME SUPPLIED A DEFECTIVE PART TO BE PLACED IN MY CAR, WHICH CAUSED MY CAR TO RUN HOT AND BECOME UNDRIVABLE. MY CAR HAD TO BE IN THE SHOP FOR A WHOLE WEEK. i HAD TO PAY FOR A RENTAL CAR FOR A WHOLE WEEK SO THAT I CAN GO TO WORK. WHEN MY CAR BROKE DOWN, I HADN'T EVEN MADE IT TO PICK UP MY DAUGHTER FROM DAYCARE, WHO CHARGED ME EXTRA FEES FOR NOT PICKING HER UP ON TIME. THE REASON THAT I DIDN'T PICK HER UP ON TIME WAS BECAUSE MY CAR BROKE DOWN FROM DRIVETIME SUPPLYING A DEFECTIVE PART FOR MY CAR. I ALSO MISSED TIME FROM WORK DUE TO LACK OF TRANSPORTATION. I REQUESTED TO BE REIMBURSED FOR THE ENTIRE COST THAT I PAID OUT, I SPENT NEARLY $500 FOR THE RENTAL CAR, EXTRA DAYCARE COSTS, MISSED TIME FROM WORK AND IT WAS DRIVETIME'S FAULT AND THEY ONLY REIMBURSED ME $184. THIS PLACE NEEDS TO HAVE THIER BUSINESS LICENSE TAKEN! THANKS. Pat Atlanta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Mesa, Arizona
Jun 24 2009
DRIVETIME DRIVETIME SELLS CARS THAT HAVE MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THEM!!!! HENRICO Virginia
On 1/26/09 I purchased an 05 Dodge Magnum. The day I drove off the lot was the day that was going to haunt me for 5 years, that's if I can't get a stop to this company. I am looking for as many people that I can to do a class action law suit against Drivetime. So I need every one that is a past or present victim of this company. They are also know as The Ugly Duckling. The day I purchased the Magnum the rear drivers side window would not go up or down. I was told by the General Manager and the Salesman that I should call Drivetime Warranty and say the window broke on my way home that night. I was told by both of them that they were not supose to let me drive off the lot with the window not working. Well 2 weeks later the brakes started making all kinds of noise. I had them Diagnosed by 3 Drivetime vendors and all of them said the problem is when they did the reconditioning of the vehicle prior to my purchase, they put on CHEAP brake pad and now they are starting to glaze and wear improperly. After several months of hounding Drivetime about paying for the new brakes, I received a letter saying that the brakes they put on the car prior to my purchase-are now being recalled. (How nice of them to notice) They only approved for the front pads to be replaced. All the companies I had taken the car to told me the Magnum needed brake pads and rotors all the way around. Two weeks after they fixed the brake problem, it started again only worse now the brakes are making grinding noises. I was told the last time I called Drivetime Warranty the reason they will not fix the brakes is because I am now out of the warranty period I was covered for. The window and brake problems are not the only things I have wrong with the Magnum. I have had problems with the vehicle since day 1 and I still have problems like...the transmission is still slipping after they did a flash update at the same time they fixed the window, the rear view mirror is loose and the arm rest screws needs to be tightened, well the check engine light is on due to an EGR system problem, I just found out with the last brake inspection 5/09 that the back two tires need to be replaced etc.... Let's shut this place down!!!!! Along with their crooked scams that take advantage of hard working people with credit problems. PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS SO TOGETHER WE CAN STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING TO OTHER PEOPLE. I wish I would have found out about this website before I became a victim also. Ms. E Orange, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: HENRICO, Virginia
Mar 23 2009
DRIVETIME DRIVETIME RIPS MY CAR OFF 2 DAYS BEFORE CHRISMAS HIGH POINT North Carolina
I Recently got laid off from my job and I was making one payment as one was due. Drivetime would call my job and all my realtives and tell them I was behind on my payment. If you buy a car from them do not give them names of realtives or people you go to church with because if you are one day late they worry the ????? out of them until they hunt you down. And I have emails showing i was in constance in touch with them and they still repo my car two days before christmass. Left me walking and it was Christmas and my child had Phneomia but they had no mercy .. They will get you car and then charge you an extra $600.00 to get it back . I told them to keep it went to another dealer that day and was riding . The other dealer is CHEVROLET DEALER SHIP.. THEY WILL WORK WITH YOU .... DON'T BUY A CAR FROM DRIVETIME THEY WILL COME AND GET IN IN THE NIGHT AND CHARGE YOU AN EXTRA 600.00 TO YOUR ACCOUNT. THEY CAN KEEP THE ?????????????THING AND STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. THANK GOD I WENT THAT DAY AND GOT ANOTHER CAR. BEFORE THEY RUINED MY CREDIT. Joann High point, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: HIGH POINT, North Carolina
Mar 03 2008
DriveTime I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DRIVETIME TO THE DEVIL Stone Mountain Georgia
WOW...AFTER READING ALL OF THE OTHER COMMENTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY I SEE THAT IM NOT ALONE....DRIVETIME..IS A RIPOFF I BOUGHT A 28,884: 2001 HONDA ACCORD ON 10/22/06 AND THE PAY-OFF DATE IS SUPPOSED TO BE JUNE 20011......WHEN I GOT THE CAR THE FIRST DAY I DROVE OFF THE LOT IT RAN FINE FOR ABOUT A WEEK. THEN I WAS DRIVING FROM WORK ONE EVENING MY CAR STARTED JERKING WHEN THE SPEED GOT OVER 60 MPH. I CALLED DRIVETIME AND EXPLAINED WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH THE CAR....THEY WERE NEGATIVE-HAPPY, RUDE, AND QUICKLY TOLD ME THAT THEY NO LONGER SERVICE CARS...AND..THEY OUT SOURCED THERE AUTO REPAIRS TO PRIVET CONTRACTORS....AND THEN THEY GAVE ME EARL'S NUMBER AND TOLD ME TO CALL HIM....LOL...HELL TO THE NAW...EARL... AINT FIXING SHIT ON MY CAR...SO UPSET I HADNT EVAN MADE MY FIRST PAYMENT...YET ALREADY CAR PROBLEMS!!!!!SO I WENT TO THE WEB FOUND MY LOCAL HONDA DEALER AND TOOK MY CAR THERE...THE GUY AT HONDA WAS WONDERFUL, HELPFUL, AND HONEST....THEY DID A DIAGNOSTIC...AND THE REPORT READ THE TRANSMISSON WAS OUT....I WANTED TO SCREAM, CRY AND CHOKE SOME ONE UNTIL...HE INFORMED ME THAT THEY WERE DOING A RECALL ON ALL TRANSMISSIONS IN ANY HONDAS BUILT FROM 2000-2004...AND THAT THE REPAIR...IS GOING TO BE FREE....PRAISE GOD..I HAVE MADE ALL OF MY PAYMENTS BI-WEEKLY...SOMETIMES LATE...AND THEY GO CRAZY WHEN IT'S LATE...CALLING ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY EMBARSSING ME!!!!TELLING THEM MY CAR PAYMENT IS LATE AND WOULD THEY MAKE A PAYMENT...THE POINT IS DONT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY MY SITUATION IS OKAY NOW....BUT IF U CAN AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM BY ALL MEANS DO THEY ARE A NEW AND OLD KIND OF EVIL WORSE THAN THE DEVIL HIMSELF AND ALL OF HIS SPAWN..THEY ARE GREEDY FILTHY SNAKES....AND WILL BE TAKEN DOWN....VERY..VERY,VERY,SOON!!!!!TO ALL OFF THOSE THAT ARE VICTIMS TO THIS CRUDE AND INHUMAN COMPANY MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU...U WILL INDEED GET THE VEHICLE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE AND WILL RUN LIKE ITS SUPPOSE TOO...THANKS FOR YOUR TIME Michelle Lawrenceville, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Stone Mountain, Georgia
Dec 22 2007
Drivetime, Ugly Duckling don't ever ever go to drivetime Arizona
i too have so many problems with drivetime. i new my payments would be expensive but they were a lot more then i thought, but i was young and naive and excited about getting my 2001 gmc jimmy. i took it for a nice drive and noticed ow my gas is going by fast, i had a half a tank drove about 50 miles and my gas light came on. i then put about 5 more gallons in my truck and again i got bad gas mileage. i called drivetime and they said to bring it in i had to call out of work to get this fixed because i have a certain time to bring it in. they said i had no problems and the car is fine. but of course still having the gas problems. i called again and told me to take it in again this time o my day off still said no problems. i have had the truck for 1 1/2 years and i cannot say how disappointed i am in this company. so my truck gets about 10 miles to the gallon on the highway. i new it was going to be not so great but i had no idea i was getting a lemon. then my hatch stops working, and my windows dont roll down, my headlight stop working and then start working. my breaks are bad and roders are bad with no warning. the day i got my truck i was giving only insurance to cover the vehicle on their part not realizing that paying 160.00 bucks a month for thinking is was full coverage cause they said that is what i need. i got in a tiny accident that was not my fault and i got a letter saying the would suspend my license because of no liability insurance. so it was suspended. i then get a ticket for driving with a suspended license because i had to work to pay these high payments so i am paying for that. the other week i paid a payment and the took 2 extra payments out of this one payment. i told them that was not autorized and i want my money back and the overdrafted charges paid for and they said they well not do it because it was my fault. i told them i did not authorize it and they said they dont care and hung up on me. still nothing has been done and it has been 2 weeks. i told them i dont want the car anymore and they said thats fine bring it in and they played the whole your credit is going to be bad and we well garnish your wages. i am going to give them the car back because i am sick of them and i am not paying for a truck that i can not drive. so i really hope they dont take my money. i heard it is illegal. if anyone knows please let me know what they actually can do. i love in california. my email is 80lutz@gmail.com my point is no matter the situation do not buy from DRIVETIME if you notice even m people who are satisfied with their customer service, they still got a lemon! Adrianna arcadia, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Arizona
87, Report #292098
Dec 17 2007
DRIVETIME DRIVETIME LIED ABOUT WARRANTY, THEN BLAMED ENGINE PROBLEM ON CUSTOMER TUCSON Arizona
thought i was going in drivetime to buy a good car on may 02 2007.the car was a 03 mitsubishi outlander.salesmans name is rick sudderth.started to test drive the car,turned on the a/c and it was blowing hot air....but once the car was moving it cooled off.the salesman was riding with us,and said that it was how they made that the car...every stop that we made heat blow...questioned the salesman once again,he said that it was not a big issue because if something was wrong drivetime would send it to their people and fix the problem...yeah right!!!!! so we signed the paperwork,and off we drove with this car that we thought we would have for a very long time...date:05/09/07 noticed that the car was leaking large drops of oil,and that the a/c still was acting up.looked under the car and oil and trans fluid was all over.5/10/07 took the car to ideal mistsubishi to have the car checked,this was one of the places that drivetime said that we could go.got a call that afternoon stating that we had two recalls and that the oil filter was the wrong size...and that the engine mounts were very lose,and the car was pulling to the left.this dealership performed a a/c check,had to realigned and ballance shaft,replaced missing bolts and wire looms.also they said that the a/c should be good now...this was billed to drivetime...05/16/07had to take car back to dealership due to a/c still blowing heat..we are in arizona mined you. they said that they don't understand what problem is,and why it's blowing heat...they performed a a/c service and said hopefully this will do the job.once again we drove off in this car...yes,still blowing hot air...06/01/07 had to go back to the dealership for the same reason.they check a/c again and found bad wire connection...they fixed the wiring problem and said the a/c opperated best on level 3....the cars a/c should work on all levels....i'm in the army and was moving being stationed in california.so we packed up and rolled out,with the car still not working in good condition...drove the car to cali,than it starts running hot and coolant spraying all over...stopped driving the car because it was over heating...the next day 07/16/07 took it to bakersfield mitsubishi call drivetime the night and informed them they said that they would have to get with that dealership to find out the staus of the car....well somehow after drivetime calls the dealer they call us back saying that the warranty will not cover it because they say a rock punched a hole in the radiator and because we drove it to the dealership we blow the head gasket....the dealer was 2 frm where the car broke down....i tried to reason with the people at drivetime,and everyone had something smart to say,so i told them they know where the car was come get it.they said that they would sue me and that they will garnish my wages (please).they knew the car was junk when they sold it and pitched it up to do that.i have proof that the head was blown when we bought the car....drivetime is a rip off and they will be stopped this time....i promise,i'm the last person they will get over on.... Freddrickb bakersfield, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: GILBERT, Arizona
Jan 11 2008
DRIVETIME DRIVETIME..BIGGEST CAR CROOKS IN USA!! SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Drivetime is the worse place to buy at auto. I also bought one and if I was one day late on the payment they harrassed me, my family(references) and job too!..I gave them back the auto current on payments with a promise they would not make me pay the balance. They lied! Now it is on my credit. I wish someone would ruin their credit...THEY ARE BIG TIME CROOKS AND SHOULD BE SHUTDOWN ALL OVER THE US!!!. I also believe what former employees say about them, THEY ARE CROOKS and only in it for themselves! Upper management that is!!!!! NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM DRIVETIME OR YOU TOO WILL BE HARRASSED CONSTANTLY!!!! Lotsaliarsintx Somewhere in Tx, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: SAN ANTONIO,, Texas
Feb 27 2015
Drivetime Drivetime States in contract that they are reporting to all 3 credit agencies . And they dont Columbus,Ohio Nationwide
I purchased a vehicle 16 months ago from Drivetime,There contract states clearly that they report to all 3 major credit agencies. Called all three to get Credit score , They have no record of any. This is fraudulent to customers purchasing a vehicle through there company, and it is a Breech of there contract. It needs to be investigated I feel they are commiting a type of tax fraud as well not showing how many vehicles they sold within that year. The response I got was that they had some errors in reports and deleted info and woukd be reporting in End of March.
Jun 26 2008
DriveTime - Ugly Duckling Is A SCAM DriveTime AKA Ugly Duckling Rips Off Consumers, DriveTime Selling Lemons Las Vegas Nevada
A person I worked for advised me to go to this DriveTime to get a car. His Truck which he was buying from DriveTime caught on fire due to an electrical problem about a month ago. Anyway, I called and was told for $500 I could get a car. Ok, so I went down their and the first thing is the nonsense game they play when you get there. DriveTime pretends your credit is so bad. Mine was good enough to buy a house but according to Drivetime I needed to double my downpayment to get approved. Ok, so I went and looked at their cars. Most I could see right off were not right but I did pick one and after more of their nonsense sales game I bought it. LIE NUMBER ONE) I told DriveTime I wanted to make monthly payments because Drivetime came to me with a payment plan that was Bi-weekly on every payday. I was told oh its ok just call in and we will change it later. It took three months of calls and a threatened lawsuit to change my payments to a once a month payment. The next thing they do is sell Lemon cars. My car has had various electrical problems too. Like the power window malfunctioning and other issues. Well, my friend bought a car the same time I did and his car caught on fire about three weeks ago from an electrical problem. A few days later is when Johns truck caught on fire from an electrical problem. This company is knowingly selling dangerous, poorly maintained vehicles and its just a matter of time before some consumer is seriously injured or killed. LIE NUMBER TWO) These people have no customer service whatsoever. Infact if you are five minutes late with a payment that have an entire department that will call you non stop harassing you about their payments. As soon as I can trade this vehicle in I will and I will NEVER do business with this firm again. Sparrow Las Vegas, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Las Vegas, Nevada
Jan 26 2004
DriveTime Aka Ugly Ducking ripoff Montclair California
I bought a 2001 Kia Sportage from these clowns not even a year ago and have had nothing but problems with the car since that time. So far I have had to have all the belts changed, the alternator & battery changed, the fuel pump changed, the brakes replaced, there was a short in the electrical system that had to be fixed and now I have to have it towed again because it won't start (again!). I have a top notch mechanic looking at my car and even he's getting tired of fixing it! He's starting to feel bad to have to take my money. (I've paid over $2,000) I don't appreciate the phone calls requesting payment for this piece of crap, so every time someone calls me, I harass them right back. Makes me feel better. I even called the company up and asked what could be done because my car is sitting in a parking lot right now waiting to be towed and they told me I could have the car towed to them and they would look at it (like I trust them!). They won't pay for the towing mind you, and I would have to pay for any repairs needed to the car. I plan on writing to the Better Business Bureau and I advise everyone else do the same. If there are enough complaints against this company, that could put them out of business. Judy Ontario, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Montclair, California
Apr 12 2005
DriveTime, Ugly Ducklin ripoff nasty attidtudes foul customer service mouths harrasments Doraville Georgia
My car runs fine. I have had several problems with the transmission but DriveTime made it their business to make sure my car was okay. I guess it's one of those things: if you make your payments on time then we'll make sure we're on time. But don't ever slack up on the payments because they can be very disrespectful and have nasty attitudes. My credit isn't bad at all. I bought my car at DriveTime because I wanted a truck, I know where the truck came from, who had it and what it had been through. My truck is a good automobile. I also wanted a car note that wasn't over two hundred dollars a month and they suited me fine. If you remember to be smart about purchasing a vehicle and make sure when you purchase a used vehicle that you remember it's used so have it check within your 3month probation so that the dealer will fix it, you should be straight afterwards. Anywise my complaints are only within the customer service department. They are rude especially the women at the Buford Highway location in Doraville, Georgia. I know it's your job to harass individuals about their payments but learn to be professional about it. Remember that you work for DriveTime from such-an-such hours when you're off work DriveTime won't pay for the ass whippings that a mad customer will give you. Watch-yourself! Timeka Atlanta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Doraville, Georgia
May 30 2005
DRIVETIME, uglyducking, ripoff, liars, misleading etc. TAMPA Florida
I bought ford 2002 f-150 xlt 4door pick-up with 44k miles from drivetime.the next day driving on the interstate, i here the sound wind whipping through the passenger side doors.I had it checked by a professional. They said it had been wrecked and repaired. I told drivetime i did'nt want this truck they told me they could try to fix it or they would get me a different truck i said ok get me another truck. I thought (*great*) a company that is gonna do the right thing for once. Of course that was too good to be true.Over the next two months, countless phone calls and trips to their office.they finaly got fed up with me and said. ok it's like this we were never gonna give you a different truck. we lied to your face,and you have no proof of what was said So your stuck with that truck whether you like it not.there's nothing you can do about it. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU. MICHAEL WESLEY CHAPEL, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: TAMPA, Florida
Apr 26 2005
DRIVETIME ripoff I'm stuck paying for a car that doesn't even run LEWISVILLE Texas
Hello I have had my car for nine months and my tranmissin and engine went out at the the same time and it an 2002 kia spectra. I have had problems with that car since three days after I bought it. I only had the car three days and the ignition swicth and the ac went out on it. I told the dealership and the said they couldn't help me. Now the car doesn't work and the hound me all the time at work,home andon my cell to make sure they get their money or they will repose the car and it doesnt run anyway. the cost to get it fixed is about $5,000 that I don,t have. So now I'm stuck paying for a car that doesn't even run. Karen LITTLE ELM, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: LEWISVILLE, Texas
Sep 14 2005
Drivetime AKA Ugly Duckling former employee tells it ripoff Dallas Texas
As a now former employee of DriveTime AKA Ugly Duckling, I can tell you that the vehicles they sell are not safe. I posted repairs to those vehicles and the use of duct tape is outrageous. The management with DriveTime is deplorable. The RIO manager of the Dallas region doesn't know a thing about car sales and is of no help to customers or employees. I would not recommend purchasing a vehicle from them. The IC manager is just concerned about his numbers. They hand out supplemental blue tags for customers that don't get their registration on time. We purchase these cars for 6,000 to 7,500 each and mark them up about 15K. I have personally talked to customers that have been pulled over by the police and ticketed for having those blue tags. They hand them out like candy. I have seen forgery on the back of titles and on Power of attorneys. I hear friend saying that they want to buy a car from them. They do sell cars with mileage problems, theft records and accident records. They don't help the customers that put the food on employee's tables. Cindy Azle, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Jan 24 2005
DriveTime Lies and will try to cheat you out of your money! Morrow Georgia
Drivetime has been nothing but a huge headache to my husband and me. We went looking for a new car and happened to find one we liked. We did all the paperwork and told the sales rep that we would be back in the morning to finish the deal. We explained to the managment that we still had some other cars we wanted to look at and we needed to get the payoff on our current car. This was no problem, we were advised that maybe we should put a hold on the car until we could get back the next day. Hey were thinking this will not be a problem, so we gave them $100.00 to hold. My husband asked the managment if we should change our minds or not want to finish the deal would the money be refunded back to us? Well we were told yes that we could come back and pick the money up the next day. Well, we did find a new, better and cheaper car note at another dealer. We decided to purchase the better car. Who wouldnt? Well we talked to drive time and told them that we did not want to go with their car and we wanted our money back. Well this is where the headaches come in. We were then told that we would have to wait 7-10 days in order to get our money back. Ok fine I can work with that. Well around the 10th day I called to see if the check was there and of course it was not. Basically what happens over the next couple of days is me calling to the dealership checking to see if our check is there. Well then I get the pleasure of dealing with a woman named Kelly. She proceeds to tell me that she has checked with corp. office and the check was sent already. Ok then where is the check? Nobody knows! I ask Kelly (who is very rude and very unproffesional) how would you feel if someone had your money and you needed it? Would you not be the least bit aggitated? Kelly tells me she would be a little aggiated. I explained to Kelly that I really needed that money for stuff for my children and asked her what would she done. Her answer to this was i guess you will need to find another way to get your kids things. At this point I am very Hot. Nobody tells me to find another way, when they are the ones who owe me money.Kelly then states that first of all we dont owe you the money we owe it to that man (my husband). This to me is funny, Marriage is both people. I explain to Kelly (who is smacking on her lunch) while talking to me that I am not going to deal with her anymore and will talk to corp. office. She just says ok, have a nice day click. I did call corporate and talked to a very nice man named Jeremy. Today which is now Monday and Jeremy called me back and explained to me that the check will be cut tomorrow and they will 2 day mail it to the dealership. So we have been lied to over and over with this so called dealership. Before you give any of this dealership your money, you might want to get whatever they say they will do in writing. I personally would not recommened them to anyone! Bree Locust Grove, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Morrow, Georgia
Jan 12 2005
Drivetime AKA Ugly Duckling *They never mentioned GAP INSURANCE! Orlando Florida
Life is unfair series (The Adventures Of A Woman On Her Own) Part I- The used car dealership (Ugly Duckling Used Car Dealership a.k.a. Drivetime) I have been struggling with the phenomenon call life for more than twenty-three years, in which I have laughed, cried and learn for my experiences. The worst of my mistakes so far occurred when I was twenty-two years old. I had just moved to Florida to start my journey exploring the world. When I moved was the first time I've ever visit Florida, with $100 in my pockets, my huge suitcase and a mind full of questions such as: What are you doing here? Are you insane? Do you know anybody here? I moved into a disgusting one bedroom apartment near the place I worked. A couple of weeks went by and I discovered how difficult it is to live in here without a car because in the city where I moved to there are places that don't even have a sidewalk and the grass reached my knees, so to go to certain places like the supermarket I had two options: Put on my gear to walk through the jungle or cross a six lane highway with no lights for pedestrians. Well, I did them both. To work: I use to walk fifty minutes to go and fifty minutes to come back. I was in great shape. Where I live the buses passes by every hour, not to mention that they either brake down or are late often. I used to switch between walking and riding the bus until November came. From where I come from weather rarely goes below 70 degrees, in the coast most of the year the temperature exceeds 90 degrees. I didn't know much about Florida, but I knew it was call the Sunshine State, so I assumed it was going to be like back sunny the entire year. I've never being so wrong about something in my life. One ordinary day I woke up and got dress to go to work, I noticed that it was a little cold in my apartment, when I opened the door and that cold breeze slapped my face I lost my mind. I tuned into a radio station in my walkmans and I heard the announcer saying it was going to be 44 degrees that night. I had to walk for 50 minutes and I didn't have a coat, boots, gloves or anything, nada remotely related to the protection from cold. So I just put my hands in my pockets and started walking towards my overnight job. Every step was excruciating, every part of my body cursed me for moving up here, I was shaking like a potential father opening the results of a paternity test. After that I decided that I needed a car. So I starved for a while to get some money to buy it. My budget consisted in Ramen Soups at 20 cents each, 99 cents bread and of course, a lottery ticket. The hope of the poor. That is all that I bought for weeks, my weekly budget was $4.00 and I had to make my supplies last. The paycheck-to-paycheck life is not easy: I had rent, a credit card, phone and other expenses. So I got a second job in a shoe store. For seven dollars an hour I had to mess with feet, walk thirteen isles to make sure a shoe was facing its box and even put up with sexual harassment. Well, that's life! I thought to myself. So I worked overnight in the warehouse of a bookstore and during the day in the shoe store. Sleeping was a luxury I couldn't afford. I saved some money got my drivers license and started looking for a car. I called every dealer and their mothers and everybody and their mothers turned me down, because of my $600 down payment and no credit history. They wanted $3,000.00 down payments, co-signers, references, even the name of my unborn great-grandchildren. I was so desperate I would take anything. So I called this place I heard in the radio; Ugly Duckling Used Car Dealership also known as Drivetime, they pre-approved me over the phone, so I went there with my savings and my hopes. They treated me like a queen. Offering drinks, complementing me, I felt like a superstar in a luxurious spa in Los Angeles. They accepted my down payment and I was thrilled. They started showing me cars, the first one the most beautiful and spacious, then they showed me the not so nice ones, that's how they get us! Of coarse I went for the first one, it had a sticker with the words low mileage on it. Huh! I know about low mileage, about the same that I know about open heart surgery, absolutely nothing. They sold me a 1992 Pontiac Grand AM with 80,000 miles on it for $8,000 (.And yes, I mean U.S. dollars), and that's not all, with the low interest rate of 29% everything added up to more than $12,000. I was so ignorant, I'm sorry; I meant that I was so dumb, that I didn't even bother to check the value of the car in the blue book. The desperation blinded me, just the thought of getting out of that place behind the wheel after all of those months of agony and freezing temperatures. I was trapped in the dealership for 6 endless hours, my hand was hurting from all the papers I had to sign: checks, insurance, an agreement of not to sue, papers that I didn't even understand and the contract, which I now believe that if I had signed a contract with Lucifer I could've got a better deal. Two days after the deal of a lifetime, the engine started having problems, they took the car and made repairs. A month later the brakes were working like a fast food employee after five hours of overtime, so they took the car again and made repairs. I didn't care, as long as I had the car it was fine. They gave me the car back and everything went fine for the next couple of days, not so good were my personal finances. The shoe business was not going so well so the management laid off half of the employees, myself included. I prayed everyday to find a second job, so that I can afford the easy biweekly payments of $200. I did it all. I worked as customer service clerk, operator, I even went as low as I have ever been, I was a dreadful telemarketer. I had to disturb hard working people in the privacy and comfort of their own home to offer them long distance at a low cost. Everybody has their limits. This job didn't last more than a week. I was more tired than I was when I didn't have a car, but it didn't matter because at least I didn't have to suffer from cold anymore, or walking almost two hours everyday to go and come back from work. One beautiful day at 7:45 AM I was driving towards work, listening to my favorite song The End by the Doors, the wind was blowing in my face, I was enjoying every breath. The independence that a vehicle gives you is priceless, just like in that Master Card commercial. I was thanking the angels for my fortune when a 70 year old, Charles Bronson looking man hit my car with his 1970's truck. The poor man got out of the car nervous and apologizing. I told him: Hey, stuff happens, without knowing that it was the beginning of the end for me. I contacted the Charles Bronson looking guy's insurance company, within a couple of days after placing the claim I received the outrageous news that the car was totaled. WHAT? She replied: When the repairs of a car exceed its value the car is considered totaled. My brain was receiving information, but it wasn't processing it at all, it was freezing on me just like this computer is freezing as I write this lines. I said to the nice lady of the insurance company that I couldn't understand, because my car didn't look that bad when the tow truck took it. Immediately after I had the most devastating encounter that I have ever had with reality, the nice lady with her angelical voice proceeded to tell me the value of the car. $2,936 she said, it sounded like Alex Trebeck in the game show Jeopardy when he announces the amount won by one of the contestants. My brain went back to preschool. I've never done acid in my life, but I could swear I saw hallucinations of little green monsters with sunflower hats and one tooth pointing and laughing at my disgrace, there were millions of thousands of them, laughing like if their lives depended on it. When I came back to my senses I had to tell the nice insurance lady that I had to call her back I couldn't go forward with that conversation. I needed to sit down and relax. I sat down with my mouth open and after a half hour of hallucinations and criminal thoughts, I called back the nice lady of the insurance company and told her what I owed on the car, she was so surprised she said she couldn't believe how these companies get away with stuff like this. She got in contact with Ugly Duckling and explained the situation. Ugly Duckling took the money from the insurance and wanted to charge me the difference, which was more that $5500. There I was sitting in the break room at work contemplating the never ending story, just like in elementary school when the big girls from sixth grade use to take my lunch. I was a little girl but I knew that it was not right. So what?? What was I supposed to do? They were bigger, stronger and their only purpose in life was to take advantage and abuse the small and defenseless girls. I never thought that sixteen years later as an adult, I would let someone use me and abuse me this way. I was financially rapped. For someone that lives paycheck to paycheck at $7.00 an hour $5500 means more that 785 hours of work, that's of coarse before tax, for a car that I don't have, that was totaled by someone else, whose insurance paid already the street value of. That's what I get for trying to explore the damn world on my own, my credit is ruined so not even God would give me a lollipop on credit. I get nasty calls from the bill collectors, threats of taking my property, since I don't have anything I think they will come to my apartment and take my cat. Last thing they said is that they will sue me and garnish my behind. I consulted with an attorney who charged me $112, he asked me about gap insurance. What does the clothing store has to do with this? I asked. He then proceeded to explain how a gap insurance is essential when buying a car in one of these places: Of coarse they are not even going to mention that to you, their businesses are based on peoples ignorance. then he told me it was my fault for signing the contract and that I have to learn from this experience, he wasn't surprised, according to him he has cases like that every week. It's not right, I told him. Yes, I signed the damn contract, but I only had the car for four months, the accident wasn't my fault, the dealership doesn't lose anything because the insurance pay them the value of the car, plus my down payment and the payments I gave them. I don't understand. Is all of this legal in this state? He responded: Hey kid, the law can't protect you from a bad deal, that's life in the big city! I still see those green monsters laughing at me every night. I have insomnia and night terror possessing me. Debt is the worst disease; it's like a virus that never goes away. The worst is that the more I think about it I come to the conclusion that if I had starved for a couple of more months, I could have bought the damn car cash, If I would've bought it from a human being. Advice for car buyers: The blue book for used cars is a sacred bible. Use it. Always judge by the name of the dealership. Ugly Duckling (Drivetime), I should've known better. If you are going to buy a used car, save enough and buy it from the owner, preferably a first time owner, and have the car checked by a mechanic before buying it. Sacrifice. Better cry first and enjoy later, than the other way around. Remember that most dealers will take you as hostages for more than six hours, at that point you would sign a contract to sell your mom. Knowledge is power, so if you can't buy a used car cash, know everything you need before you enter in a contract with a buy here pay here dealership, or any type of scam artists salesman. Remember gap insurance, is not related to the clothing store. There are some cool websites like www.ripoffreport.com in which you can search how many people a business has ripped off and you can even read their stories. My only satisfaction is that someone will read this story and will learn from my experience without having to suffer from it. If I can save one person, from becoming a financial prisoner all of this would be worth it. Diane Orlando, FloridaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Drive Time, formally known as Ugly Duckling which is registered under the same ownership.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Nov 10 2005
DriveTime ripoff, bought down the original interest rate, screwed when original mgr. left Doraville Georgia
My husband and I bought a 2001 Pontiac Aztek from DriveTime in Doraville Georgia in January of 2004. We wanted to consummate the deal within 2 weeks of leaving a good faith deposit, but the manager was in Arizona at a conference and the idiots at DT in Doraville couldn't find our paperwork. So, finally when Deane Craig returned to the office we consummated the deal and told him we wanted to buy down the interest rate as they offered within 3 weeks. We went in to buy down the interest rate while Deane was there. He accepted our $500.00 to buy down and told the clerk accepting payments to accept our $500.00 and make out a receipt for $425.00 for the payment (down from $462.00 and change) (we paid a total of $925.00 that day). We were told (they would not give us the original contract with the buy down amount on it as we insisted and initialed the contract agreeing to it) that we would subsequently receive a new payment schedule reflecting the $424.00 plus change due from then on. We never did, in fact all we received was a letter saying thanks for agreeing to buy down the interest rate and the new payment would be 462.00. We immediately called to talk with Deane and in fact went in person to contest the amount. Deane agreed we were right and emailed the head office (in Arizona) -- I was smart enough to get the email copied from Deane. However, the email never specified the correct amount. Just that we were correct in our assessment of the payment because DriveTime came out with a new interest and downpayment matrix just after (like within 7 days) the purchase of our vehicle and our buy down. We fit in the old matrix - which Deane agreed with and we initialed our old contract to reflect new buy down payments. As it turned out the AZ. office would not accept a scratched through contract with our initials and Deane's initials they wanted a new one which we signed. Somehow Az. and Ga. neither one could locate the original contract with our signatures, Deane's signature and the changed payment amount after the buy down. For 1 year they accepted $425.00 as our payment and when they got a new manager for the 3rd time since our Aztek purchase, we started getting phone calls about the amount not being right on the Aztek. I told them it was their error not ours and gave the manager copies of our email, and hand written notes on the paperwork which I noted as we talked to Deane. Finally they agreed we had effected a buy-down but under the new matrix not the old and they made us sign a document agreeing to payments of $455.49 --- now how in the world can you charge a lesser interest rate and effect a buydown of just $7.00 a month for 42 months for $500.00? $7.00 x 42 is $294.00 - any idiot with a calculator can figure out that the amounts don't jive and giving them $500.00 to pay $7 less per month is a rip-off in the first degree! Julie Dacula, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Doraville, Georgia
Feb 22 2004
DRIVETIME Aka Ugly Duckling ripoff Check Fraud Riverside California
DRIVETIME aka Ugly Duckling Made A fraudulent electronic debit to my Checking Account, Claiming that it was Pre-Authorized. Thank goodness I check my Banking account on a regular basis via the internet, I might have not known. I paid some of my payment with Checks (they must make copies of our checks whenever we make a payment by check) It all started from the car they sold me with a bad Transmission, after the car broke down and repeated request for them to fix (to no avail) I finally left the car at a garage never to return to pick it up. The garage placed liens on it and aquired the vehicle from unpaid car repair liens. Be VERY careful if you ever make a payment by check, Ugly Duckling Will Steal Your MONEY, illegally. They Made up a check similar to my own (I have A on-line copy of it) but they made a mistake, their check number was atleast three checks books ahead of mine. DriveTime/ Ugly Duckling are Commiting Crimes all Over the State Of california and getting away with IT! Tony Compton, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Riverside, California
Aug 17 2004
DriveTime harrassment over payment 1 day late, not honoring the contract Phoenix Arizona
In May, 2004 I purchased a 2000 Honda Civic care from Drivetime. About 2 weeks later, the air conditioner didn't seem to be working properly. I made an appointment at the local Drivetime repair shop to have it checked out. Well, 3 days later the car was supposedly fixed. According to my contract, if the car has to be kept over night, you will be re-imbursed $25 per day for car rental. I was told by 3 different employees (2 managers) that that is not in the contract. So I faxed them a copy of their contract which stated in plain english this fact. They still didn't honor it. I was 1 day late making my payment and harrassed about it. I was told that I was in default and that payment 2 days from now was not acceptable. I told her I didn't get paid until Thursday and she told me well be prepared! Kim Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona