EBAY Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Ebay

There may be more reports for "Ebay"

For more results perform a general search for "Ebay"

Showing 26-50 of 9,090 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Ebay"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Nov 01 2009
EBay Inc. Ebay are the problom not the solution, Internet
Yet another report about eBay and the fraud they try to cover up. My trouble stated a year ago when I purchased a car via ebay and not only did this 2007 car not make it home but it turns out it had been involved in an accident and had been put back together so badly that its a write-off. I contacted eBay and got messed around but also discovered by linking phone numbers and cars together that the seller hand no less than eight other eBay accounts making him a trader and knowing it is an offence under the 1988 road traffic act for a trader to sell cars in such poor condition I contacted the police who seem unwilling to do a thing about it saying it was a civil matter which I could understand if I had the fraudsters address to commence legal proceeding myself. The police past me off to the trading standards who played me along for months saying they were waiting for information from eBay and by the time this information arrived the trading standards had changed their tune and said I didnt have information to back up my claim that the fraudster had been using all the account however they did admit that eBay only had fake names and address for all eight accounts I had mentioned having removed all the relevant web pages and by now the trading standards were also claiming they could not connect the dots but fortunately I had manage to keep copies of the eBay listings, blowing that excuse out the water. Soon it became a game between the police and the Birmingham trading standards who said they could not do anything as they could not find a name or address of the fraudster and the police who where saying it worth their time. I complained to the police for not taking action who seem more interested in arresting people for eating kit-cats whilst driving than investigating a serial fraudster that is selling cars from around junction 2 on the M5 in Birmingham and so I lodge a complaint with the so called independent police complaints committee (IPCC) who by their own figures throw 89% of complaints in the bin and all they did was stretch things out and would not even address my allegations against the police. Yes folks I know eBay has a lot of friends in high places but I didnt know that included the Police, Trading standards and the IPCC and to me the whole episode stinks of fraud at the highest level and yet when I made request under the freedom of information act requesting crime statistics on internet crime I received a two page reply informing me why they were not able to furnish my request. eBay apparently provides special training to thousands of police officer each year and I was wondering if eBay ask the policemen if they prefer cream in their tea when serving it up and knowing eBays reputation we can all expect the police will soon be asking the MAFIA for gun control lessons in the near future. What should had been an open and shut case of fraud has now been dragging on for over a year and having been so appalled by the cover up I now run the eBuster,co,uk that has copies of millions of eBay pages thus ensuring eBay and the Police find it much more difficult to brush these crimes under the carpet as if they never happened.
Entity: , Internet
Nov 06 2008
Ebay TicketMan225 Ebay Seller Harassing Me Roswell Georgia
I am writing this because of recent harrassment by a seller on Ebay and as far as I know Ebay has done absolutely nothing about it. I found tickets on Ebay I was interested in, however I had a question about them. I emailed the seller (Ticketman225) with my question and he responded. I found similiar tickets from another broker that were a better price so I bought them. A few days later I started receiving messages in my ebay inbox littered with profanity and threatening me because I did not purchase his tickets. Ebay does not allow you to block others so I am still recieving these messages. This is a disgrace and I want everyone to know who this person is so maybe you won't get harassed in this way. His screen name is Ticketman225 and he sells tickets to numerous events throughout the country. Ebay should be ashamed for allowing this to continue on. No one should be able to treat an innocent person in this manner. Amanda Rye, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Roswell, Georgia
Jun 24 2009
EBAY EBAY IS A SCAM COMPANY, BEWARE!!! SAN JOSE California
A CRIMINAL COMPANY CALLED PAYPAL, IT IS OWNED BY EBAY AND THEY HAVE A HISTORY OF STEALING MONEY. ATTENTION PAYPAL AND EBAY USERS PAYPAL, AN EBAY COMPANY, ARE NOW STARTING TO HOLD FUNDS OF THEIR SELLERS WITHOUT CAUSE AND WITHOUT WARNING. THEY WERE FINED BY NEW YORK STATE AND LOST MILLIONS IN A LAWSUIT FOR THIS YET THEY JUST STARTED DOING IT AGAIN. BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMY THEY MAY BE IN TROUBLE AND THERE IS NO PROTECTION AS THEY ARE NOT A BANK. PAYPAL ACCOUNT HOLDERS: DO NOT SEND OUT ANY MERCHANDISE UNTIL YOU CAN VERIFY THE PAYMENT IS IN YOUR BANK! DO NOT TRUST PAYPAL, DON'T BE A VICTIM! DO NOT USE PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT METHOD! DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY BANKNING INFORMATION! KEEP UPDATED ON PAYPAL BY GOING TO: Paypalwarning.com PaypalSucks.com Screw-Paypal.com EbaySucks.com Aboutpaypal.org Paypalpetition.com EbayPigs.com NoPaypal.com ***PLEASE SEND THIS TO SOMEONE YOU KNOW WHO USES EBAY AND/OR PAYPAL SO THEY CAN PROTECT THEMSELVES. Ebaysucks.com ORLANDO, FloridaU.S.A.
Jul 13 2009
EBay - Is eBay Hacking Your Computer? San Jose California
I apologize for the profanity in the below URLs Although the information is several years old,it rings true to what has been happening to me personally and it demonstrates that current practices are unchanged,particularly the skewed numbers of ebay membership.The stock holders and Wall Street can be wowed by the inflatred ,exaggerated numbers.That to me stinks of behaviors of the eboffia. - Subject: Has ebay hacked your computer??? http://www.blognow.com.au/fu**ebay/151753/Has_Ebay_hacked_YOUR_computer.html http://www.blognow.com.au/fu**ebay/151631/eBay_faces_data_protection_inquiry_.html http://www.blognow.com.au/fu**ebay/151627/Ebay_refusing_to_allow_you_to_delete_your_account_Read_on.html -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Menyon Bremerton, WashingtonU.S.A.
Sep 12 2011
EBAY Ebay does NOT PROTECT SELLER!!!!!!!!!! encourages fraudulent Buyers Mesa, Arizona
Ebay does not protect seller rights, I do not even know what the heck I am doing selling on ebay.  Buyers can get away with anything.  Make fradulent claims and Ebay/Paypal steals the money from your account.  Also Sellers cannot leave neutral or negative feedback.  How fair is that.  We are forced to either leave positive or none at all.  This is crazy because the next seller will be victimized by a habitual bad buyer.  I sell items and deliver as required, but run into buyers who will still leave me negative feedback and I have NO way out of it.  Terrible, Terrible.  Let's not mention Ebay's endless fees???????
Entity: Mesa, Arizona
Jun 27 2011
ebay ebay overcharged me for selling an item , Internet
I used ebay to sell a new graphics card.  The item sold for $650.00.  When I was paid for the item ebay took $27.93 (4.3%) from the proceeds.  At month end, ebay charged me an additional $58.50 (9%) commission.  In total, in order to sell an item for $650.00 ebay took $86.43 (13.3%) of the proceeds.  Of course when I called to complain about the high charges I spoke with a person from India or somewhere overseas that knew how to speak english, but didn't understand the language well enough to fully grasp what I was saying.  My call to the service representative was a total waste of time.
Entity: Internet, Internet
32, Report #192436
May 20 2006
EBAY ebay allowing fakes to be sold ripoff internet
Ebay not only allows power selles to continue selling fakes but by not doing anything to the power seller they are aiding and abetting a crime. I reported a power seller 3 times and nothing was done they continue to sell fake prada purses .They list that they are from a different country than where the purse s really come from(China). I have noticed that Ebay will go after a small seller if they are trying to sell a name brand that ebay thinks is a fake but not the power sellers who really are. Nancy wharton, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Dec 17 2006
Ebay ebay appeal San Jose California
I recently got my ebay account reinstated. I admit i sold some bad parts and ebay suspended me for non-seller performance. Basically 5 unhappy campers. It took me over 2 months of hassling with ebays appeal dept. Talk about incompitent. I had to repeatively send email, faxes, never comunicated with the same person twice, so it seemed. The only way to contact their appeals dept is through email only. No instant messaging or phone access at all. I repeatively contacted ebay about their slowness an incompitence of losing my important paperwork. I spent several hundred dollars between refunds and using their recommended 3rd party mediator square trade, yes, they fixed things, but cost me $30 for each bidder to force them to comply. It is very impersonal. They told me their appeals dept. took care of ebayers worldwide and that was why it took so long for their response, I told them to hire more people. I was using ebay as a major part of my income. They could have cared less. Anyway, just upset because ebays appeals customer service blows. Gary bartonville, IllinoisU.S.A.
Aug 14 2007
Ebay ripoff EBAY HAVE LOST MY DOCUMENTS DUBLIN Ireland
HI MY PROBLEM IS I HAD AN EBAY ACCOUNT, THEY SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ME SO I SENT ALL THE DOCUMENTS THEY REQUESTED, THEN THEY ASKED FOR ME TO SEND OR FAX THEM PHOTOS OF ME WITH THE ITEM NUMBERS I WAS SELLING SO I SENT THEM OFF 3 TIMES BY FAX FIRST, THEY THEN SAID THAT THEY DIDNT RECEIVE THEM AND I SHOULD SEND AGAIN, SO INSTEAD I SENT IT BY AIRMAIL RECORDED DELIVERY, WHICH MEANS THEY HAVE TO BE SIGNED FOR ON DELIVERY, I CHECKED THE STATUS ON ROYALMAIL.COM AND IT SAID THAT IT HAD BEEN DELIVERED TO EBAY SUCCESSFULLY, SO I CONTACTED EBAY AND THEY SAID THEY HAVENT RECEIVED IT AND I SHOULD SEND IT AGAIN, SO I DID AND THEY SAID THE SAME THING AGAIN. NOW I HAVE A FEELING THEY HAVE LOST MY DOCUMENTS WHICH IS BREAKING THERE PRIVACY POLICY AND I AM SCARED THAT MY DOCUMENTS MIGHT FALL INTO THE WRONG HANDS. SO CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR GUIDE ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ON WHAT ACTION TO TAKE AS NOW EBAY ARE IGNORING MY EMAILS WHEN I TOLD THEM I HAVE PROOF IT WAS DELIVERED TO THEM. LAURA swanseaUnited Kingdom Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on ebay
Entity: Dublin, Ireland
Aug 13 2005
Ebay Ripoff Revised~Suspension Ebay unfair of rules Portage Internet
Ebay has suspened me due to a similar last name which this person is not family, We have different address etc, Why not ask for identifcation. I have appealed this dission , they waited several days , Before responding, I asked what was there famil rule: There responce was Anyone Living Together, Sharing A computer together, Working together, This does not apply to me.. When I clicked the Appeal, I got nothing but a brush off, What would happen if I had auctions going on, My computer crashed, I would have to go to my moms house etc to check, Just because our names may be alike, Then you would suspen both of us. This is unfair of ebay without INVESTIGATING. You can see by my feedback ( mrstimyv) that I have been a loyal customer since 2000, with over 500 postive feedback, I make you money. Ebay also warned me when my niece lived with me about her ebay account, She was buying her own things, But because we lived in the same house and shared the computer, They said I could not do this, Thats fine with me, But This other insident is trully wrong, Ebay needs to have a detailed family rule?? mrstimyv Portage, MichiganU.S.A.
Jul 04 2008
Ebay ebay is in over there heads!! ebay.com nationwide
Beware when selling on ebay, they charge listing fees as well as a percentage of the closing cost. Now to me this is just rediculous. Then they falsley accuse you of scamming or sellng fake products with no proof or accusations from buyers. Then they just close your account for no apparent reason. To some ebay sellers this is there primary source of income. Ive been selling for 5 years on ebay not one complaint, then i decide to sell more and start making more, but i guess its against ebay policy to list multiple auctions of the same product, sound rediculous? Yet when i look to see if any other STORES selling mutiple items are being shut down, nope still up. So what is this pick and choose? Then they still charge you the listing fees after closing your account and all your auctions. If they close your auctions no listing fees should be payed. I lost about 400 dollars because of ebays false accusations and still charging fees. ebay is in over there heads, this should not be allowed.. Scribnern palmdale, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: ebay.com, Nationwide
37, Report #1171972
Aug 24 2014
eBay eBay Unfair Feedback Policy - Extorsion for Positive Feedback Nationwide
eBay lets buyers extort positive feedback from sellers.  Just buy an item, any item.  Tell the seller you are going to leave a feedback if they dont refund some money.  eBay doesnt care.  Happened to me.  I reported it at least (3) times.  Nothing happened and seller got away with it.    eBay is the WORST site for customer service of any company operating on the internet today.  They will loose most of their business as soon as a viable site is available to use.
Entity: Nationwide
Dec 12 2012
ebay buy car of ebay dfg, California
ebay will delete buyers negative feed back for a $100 I will never ever buy a vehicle from ebay again, spent over 12000 and received piece of junk! broken transmission as well as misleading ads by sending me car without what was posted on line! however all this would have not happened had ebay allowed others to post their negative feed back about this seller by the name of highline_chicago Auto dealer at ebay can delete buyers N feed back for a $100, that was how this scam artiest maintained his 100% positive feedback and ebay plotted for more scam. ebay wont even give me the right to post any negative FB about this seller even though its my money that they both ebay and this seller dirpy me over the internet
Entity: dfg, California
Oct 04 2013
eBay eBay and PayPal Support Con-Artists steal items from Sellers
A eBay member purchased some items from me, they filed a dispute, and eBay granted them a full refund. The buyer refuses to return the items. I sold a lot of over 50 Miami Dolphins items on eBay, these items were valued at over $350 dollars and were purchased for $49. The items were shipped out per the buyers shipping preferences and were delivered to the buyer within 4 days per the US Postal Service. 7 days after receiving the items the buyer filed a dispute with eBay that 2 items within the lot of 50 were damaged and that he wanted a full refund. The buyer did not contact me that he would like a refund and went straight to eBay. The buyer claimed that the items were not as described which is incorrect. The items were as described but were damaged during shipping by the post office. The buyer is responsible for purchasing shipping insurance, he refused this option. I responded to the dispute by offering him 2 choices, a $6.50 refund for the 2 items damaged, or a full refund but before I would grant that he would have to return all of the items to me. The buyer 13alleycat13 refused both options and in doing so refused to return the items. He essentially stated that he was not going to return anything and still get all of his money back. After 30 days eBay granted refund, ignoring the fact that the buyer did not have a valid complaint. I do not believe that they reviewed any facts. The buyer refused to purchase shipping insurance, if an item is damaged during shipping it is between the buyer and the post office not me the seller. I then filed an appeal to eBay, which eBay refused within a week. I appealed the fact that the buyer refused to return the items. Ebay ignored my appeal entirely and is apparently, by their actions, okay with allowing con-artists to abuse their bogus buyer dispute process to scam sellers. To date I have begun the process of filing criminal felony theft charges with the the buyers local Sheriff's Office and will never use eBay again. If you use eBay avoid dealing with 13alleycat13 they are a con-artist and will do the same to you. Also avoid eBay because you run the risk of some other con-artist doing the exact same thing. I would stick with Craigslist.
40, Report #1201983
Jan 15 2015
Ebay Ebay allows buyers to rip off sellers BEWARE Canada Internet
I am a seller on Ebay. Recently I sold a black patent leather Dooney & Bourke handbag and wallet to a woman in Canada. Two weeks after I sold her the handbag and wallet she reported to ebay that it was fake or counterfeit and wanted a return. I called Ebay immediately because I was open arms and could not believe what I was reading. Ebay has a policy to side with the buyer and apparently through a friend who owns a business and uses ebay scammers who like to fraud sellers know this. I have a no return policy. Due to the fact that I am the seller Ebay requires that I have to prove the bag is real.  I told Ebay the buyer is the one that's claiming it is fake she should be bringing it to a retail shop and providing proof but then again she could come up with anything she wants. I said that if Ebay returns the bag and refunds this woman her money I was going to my local police department because it's fraud. The woman can send me back anything and as long as it has a tracking number ebay doesn't care. It's a federal offense because she lives in Canda and Ebay is allowing it to happen so there complicit in it.  It's time that Ebay is held responsible for their irresponsible actions or inactions and allowing criminals to run wild and take advantage of honest people.
Nov 16 2003
EBay Canada EBay ripoff Internet nationwide
I have been shopping on eBay for about a year now. I have also done some selling of a few items I had around home that I wanted to clear out. It was purely for personal use. Last month I found a site called 'NetClearences', and thought I had struck oil. They are a clearing house for department store demos, damaged, used, or discontinued products. I bought - rather, bid on about 16 items. When I was notified that I had 'won' these items, I waited to recieve the shipping charges and all other information. When a few days past, I paid for them, plus $100.00 as a guess for the shipping costs. I emailed them, asking that they send the costs, and refund me if I overpaid, or let me know if I owed more. Somehow, I paid the item costs again. So they were overpaid just over $100.00. When I noticed this, I wrote and asked them to refund me. I have NEVER had a problem like this with sellers. With the click of a button, they can send your money back. To date, I have written and asked for my refund at least a dozen times. My later emails have not been friendly either. I have made it clear I want this all cancelled. I did not want the items. They will not acknowledge my overpayment, although I have sent copies of the paypal account, showing the duplication on the item numbers. They wrote and said they already shipped the goods. Then I told them again I did not want to deal with such a dishonest company. They replied I would have to pay a relisting fee of $3.00 per item in order to cancel. They already had over $300.00 american, of my money- and wanted more!!! I had not yet recieved anything! I told them they were dreaming if they thought I was sending any more money. Next, I got ship dates for the goods I'd ordered. I wrote them and asked how that could be, as they told me they already sent the stuff??? I got another batch of ship dates after that- ALL this after I asked to cancel the order- PERIOD. I have written eBay on several occasions, asking that they assist with this- NOTHING DONE. They sent a computer generated reply saying they would investagate and contact me in about 48 hours- this was days ago. Over 2 weeks in some cases, as I asked for help several times. As well, I asked eBay about the charges they impose when you are selling things, as I sold $50.00 worth of stuff- about 3 or 4 items, listed 2 or 3 times- and was billed every penny I made. I don't understand that? Then earlier, I sold a few things for a friend, made about $120.00, and was billed over $180.00?????? I am so confused. As well, there are times my Paypal account shows a buyer made a purchase, yet there has not been any money show up in the paypal account. I cannot get eBay to answer that question either. They direct bill your credit card, so you have no idea until it is too late, or they won't answer your emails. My continuous inquires to NetClearences has thus far, only said they'd look into it and get back to me. The goods have arrived, and were totally misrepresentd in their ads, it is a bunch of junk,, and I am stuck with it, and out a small fortune. I first started looking around on eBay last year when my daughter was ill. I was up all night as she was dying, and found it to be a way to pass some hours when I could not sleep. It has been so traumatic for me, because using my credit card was hard to do as I did not trust someone you cannot reach. Now I have been over-billed, ripped off, burned, and disillusioned completely. My daughter has passed away, and I just feel so violated. I wrote a few other people and they told me that I'd get no response or help from eBay. They were right. This has got to be a billion dollar industry, and they get rich off our hard work. Then they do not have the decency to help, when they claim they will. THANK-YOU Susan Nova Scotia, Nova ScotiaCanada Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on ebay
Nov 16 2003
EBay Canada EBay ripoff Internet nationwide
Mar 30 2014
Ebay/Paypal Ebay/Paypal Beware Internet
To be fair i have used ebay and paypal for years with no issues, i have bought/sold equipment with good results till now!Back in january i listed a 2000 maganatrac small dozer because i was going to purchase a new one!When auction was over the buyer that lived in canada won autction and it was sold for 10k. We agreed to use paypal plus i also had buyer/seller protection up to 20kEbay's fees and pay pal fees totaled $400.00. He told me he was hiring a driver to pick up because part of of contract,he paid me 10k thru paypal with his credit card. When his driver arrived i had a notrized bill of sale and acceptance.about 2 days went by after his driver picked up and i noticed on paypal that they was reversing transaction of 10k out of my account, i called them and asked what was going on, they said the buyer filed complaint saying he never recived dozer, so i contacted driver and he said in detail the times he droped of machine and he told me he showed buyer how to run machine! So i tried contacting owner and no response, i sent paypal all info and legal notary plus emails,text proving that he had machine. So they reveresed action and put 10k back in my account! i thought that was done with. Another month went buy and i seen that ebay/paypal had drafted $$400 out of my account, i called them again, they said that it was fees when i sold dozer, so i presented to them The $400 i paid when action/transaction had been complete! They told me this was new fee and i told them i did not give them permssion to draft that out of account and the response they gave to me was since they had my checking account number they had full rights to draft any amount they choose too. I went to my bank shut down my accounts and filled complaint on the $400 which the bank rembursed me! after this i noticed on my paypal that this buyer had filled another complaint saying he never recievd machine and paypal was attmepting to reverse transaction again! once again i sent info prooving again he had machine! a week went buy and they emailed me saying they will uphold reversal! i was mad as hell over this because i cannot beleive that somebody this bold pulling fraud like this and paypal not holding up legal binding notary legal sale! what is even worse when i opted the buyer/seller protection i partcipate in they will not uphold it! so now i have a -10k balance on my paypal and ebay will not allow me to go to my account! it is one thing the have a punk to pull fraud but it is another when ebay/paypal is worse! So when he got dozer to canada he pulled the fraud!  If i had not shut down my account and moved my money paypal would have drafted the amount out. The IRS does not even have this kind of authority! People needs to be very careful, if you think you have protection from buyer/seller think again!
Sep 18 2013
Ebay Beware Selling on Ebay Internet
 Recently I started selling items on ebay.I've been on ebay for almost 12 years and mostly bought items that were great deals.Had some issues with a few sellers but nothing major, but it never occurred to me, whether I won the auction or did a buy it now, that I didn't have to pay for what I bought until I started selling items. Since June of 2013 I've had 8 buyers that won the auction or did a buy it now that turn around and don't pay for their items. Made numerous calls to eBay customer service to find out why they permit this. Not only does eBay permit this to happen but these deadbeats can do it 3 or 4 more times a year before eBay will do anything about it.Sold an old cell phone in July, then the buyer didn't pay for it. Opened the useless Unpaid item Report and relisted the phone again. It sold again to another buyer who, you guessed it, decided he didn't want to pay for his item to. Complained again to ebay which by the way was another complete waste of time, they simply don't care.Item finally sold the third time. Then just just last week, sold 2 items through an auction and 1 through By it Now and what happened you say, only one of the auction buyers paid. This obviously is an epidemic problem on ebay that ebay will do nothing to stop. So if your a small seller like me and you sell an item on ebay, don't get to excited, there's a good chance the buyers won't pay and there is nothing you can do about it and ebay simply doesn't give a ***.Now if I was a stockholder in ebay and found out that the company I've invested in had a policy that restricted company revenue in the millions of dollars a year and because it has a policy thats created a massive problem with deadbeat buyers, who can do it 4 times a year, I'd sell my stock in a minute.That might explain why their stock is in the dumper now.The absolute worst thing about this issue is you can't even leave any kind of feedback to warn other sellers about these deadbeats (low61 & gbwalco)and ebay just lets them keep bidding.
Entity: Select State/Province
May 26 2014
eBay ebay does NOT back their own MONEY BACK GUARANTEE Internet
Ebay has nothing butl a__holes working for them!!! A seller sent the wrong size -- eBay had NO proof they did not send the wrong -- other than to the seller's word for it and call me a liar. Then they ALSO removed MY negative feedback ONLY because this seller was a power seller -- so, in other words, MY opinion of this seller means nothing.Ebay has nothing butl a__holes working for them!!! So NOW we know this is total bu__shit:Here’s how it worksOneReach out to your seller.If your item hasn’t arrived orisn’t as described, get in touch with your seller.TwoNot resolved? Let us know.If your issue’s not resolved in 3 business days, contact us.ThreeWe’ll get your money back fast.You’ll hear from us in 48 hours. If you still haven’t received your item, or it isn’t as described, we’ll refund your purchase price, plus the original shipping.   EBAY DOES NOT HONOR THEIR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE  AND THEY REMOVE ANY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK YOU POST FOR A POWERSELLER!!!
Aug 30 2015
eBay eBay penalizes sellers and rewards dishonest buyers Internet
    I've been a eBay customer for years and I'm shocked to find out how they penalize sellers and inadvertently promote dishonest buyers. When I recently purchased an item for $10.99 and didn't receive it after 12 days I requested an update on the shipping status or reshipment of item.      The response I got was a refund (which I didn't request) and then I actually received the item from the U.S. postal service the next day. I contacted eBay customer service to inform them that i received the item and I needed to pay for it. The eBay customer service representative told me they could not do anything and I needed to contact the seller directly.      After I contacted the seller I was shocked to learn that he was being penalized for 90 days with increased ebay fees for a purchase inquirey due to the United States Postal Service delay in delivery. The seller passed on the follwoing information: 1) Don't blame yourself -- this problem here is neither you or me -- it is ebay policy INTENTIONALLY designed to penalize sellers for things that could easily be resolved the old fashioned way -- simple communication. They have been assaulting sellers since John Donahue became CEO in 2008, ratcheting up the heat every year since then. You can't even recognize that marketplace anymore, it has fallen so badly. As it stands, they now URGE buyers to open disputes (even when the issue is not really a DISPUTE but rather some small issue that needs to be worked out), then they penalize a seller simply because the dispute was filed -- regardless of WHY or HOW it was handled. 2) This seems to happen somewhat regularly in July & August, which is when the Post Office is doing vacations for employees and cheap mail is either routinely delayed or handled by temps who CARE LESS about how they handle mail. 3) Having dealt with ebay for 17 years now (since 1998), there is honestly no way for me to reverse this situation as far as the DISPUTE being opened. Trying to contact anyone competent is fruitless. Myself (and other full-time sellers) have come to realize that this is a cost of doing business with ebay. Until it changes -- IF it ever changes -- it will be a poor place to sell. I do not sell ANY high end items on there anymore (haven't done so for SEVERAL YEARS), because quite honestly, it is open hunting season for dishonest buyers to steal the items (either for free or via shaking-down a big price adjustment after they receive it). So, I sell cheap stuff on there, and hope that new management will someday realize that a one-sided system is why their stock has performed so poorly over the past 6 years when compared to other tech giants.
Nov 14 2014
ebay Sellers Beware -Ebay and Paypal are DISHONEST Internet
Before you sell something on ebay, read this horror story : ebay and Paypal will back charge your account and  cards without doing proper investigations whan a Buyer claims the item was received damaged. I sold a comode last year which was packed properly and shipped thru UPS. The item was delivered to the Buyer who sighed for it. Then, the Buyer broke the item while trying to move it. The FOLLOWING DAY, he had UPS come back to get the now damaged item. He filed a claim against me thru ebay and Paypal and they would not consider the documented facts that he signed for it one day and returned it the next. If it had been broken when delivered, why would he sign for it and let the UPS truck leave. I provided ebay documentetion but they ignored it because they are lazy and dishonest. The whole ebay system is flawed and only protects the Buyers even tho the Sellers are the ones who pay ebay and Paypal high fees. B E W A R E  O F  E B A Y  A N D  P A Y P A L
Feb 26 2016
ebay Ebay rips off sellers to attract buyers San Jose California
Because of ebay’s flawed shipping calculator, I lost money on a transaction.  Be extremely careful any time you use this service, because ebay strongly favors the needs of buyers over sellers.  In effect, the company rips off sellers to attract more buyers. A few weeks ago, I decided to sell a gently used telescope, put it up for auction on ebay at the site’s suggestion, and trusted ebay’s shipping cost calculator to give me an accurate reading.  It said shipping would be $12.80. A guy from Florida with a Hispanic name bought the telescope for the minimum possible bid of $22.50.  I went ahead and paid for the shipping through ebay because the site gave a small discount through the U.S. Postal Service.  But when I took it to the post office, it wound up costing $19.10 more than the calculator had said.  Since I had already paid for the partial shipping and didn’t want to get a bad rating from the buyer, I went ahead and shipped the telescope. Ebay and Paypal suggested I invoice the buyer for the extra shipping, so I did.  But the buyer sent a cryptic message back in Spanish refusing to pay anything further. I called ebay customer service, and a representative said the company might be able to help me if the buyer didn’t come through.  But when I called back again, all ebay would do for me was refund my $3.50 administrative fee.  When I asked if I could give the buyer a negative rating, I was told that I would not be allowed to do so because it would scare him away from purchasing through ebay again.  In fact, the ebay system does not allow a seller to give anything but positive feedback.  I find it particularly unfair that the system favors the buyer’s interests over the seller’s, especially when the buyer received such an extreme bargain. I then contacted Devin Wenig, CEO of ebay, who you would think would want to treat customers fairly.  Rather than helping, he assigned my case to an underling, who sent me mock sympathetic emails that blamed the problem on me and accused me of being confused and frustrated. But there is no confusion nor frustration.  I am simply unhappy that (1) ebay screwed me on a transaction and (2) won’t do the right thing to fix it – or even to meet me halfway. Because I got shafted on this deal, I intend to never use ebay again. This buyer got a garage sale price for my telescope in exchange for virtually nothing for my trouble.  I would have been better off donating the telescope to Goodwill and claiming it on my taxes.
Jun 29 2016
eBay eBay Has fraudulent return policy. Internet
eBay HAS A FRAUDULENT RETURN POLICY. I ordered an item with a 14 day eBay money back guarantee. The seller had agreed in writing to refund my money, and I sent it back unopened. When he did not issue the refund, and after contacting him, and recieving no response, I contacted eBay. The person that I spoke with was not helpful. She kept distorting the facts that I had given her. She told me that I had to open a case and wait 3 buisness days for the seller to respond. When the seller did not respond, I called back, and was told that the seller refused the refund,they told me that they would not pursue the refund due to buyers remorse, which they claimed is not covered in their guarentee. The person that I spoke with politly kept coming up with other reasons for not honoring the money back guarantee. no where on the ad pages or on the listings does it say money back except in the case of buyers remorse. I returned the item, furnished eBay with the tracking number, and proof of delivery, and they had the correspondence between myself and the seller. eBay IS DIGGING IT'S OWN GRAVE, WITH SUCH POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FRADULENT CLAIMS.
Jun 25 2015
Ebay Ebay Final Value Fee scam on shipping Internet
This is nothing more than a fee on shipping cost and seller's are paying for it. Here's what happened to me: I sold an item for $5 and the shipping cost $16. Ebay charged me $2.10 for the Final Value Fee. What a rip! The executives who thought this would be a great idea should be fired because all this did was to alienate sellers.

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 364