FAIRBANKS CAPITAL Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Fairbanks Capital

There may be more reports for "Fairbanks Capital"

For more results perform a general search for "Fairbanks Capital"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 19 2004
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Dallas Texas
I'm Melissa and I help Fairbanks Capital Corp rip people off in Dallas. I hold up closing so they can either collect the earnest money or collect late charges for not closing on time. Both my company Republic Tile and Fairbanks Capital Corp ARe ripping people off. Not only do we take houses and foreclose on people but then resell them and ripoff the new purchasers as well. I want to hear from you because I'm a crook too! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. Melissa Richardson, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Feb 28 2004
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Jacksonville Florida
Fairbanks Capital Corp. holds payments in order to charge extra interest to your account and does not apply extra payments to the principal. I have sent extra money in on payments only to have it disappear. I call the company but get transferred around and then hung up on. I have requested accounting statments and never hear from them. When I send my payment in, it took 2-3 weeks for them to process it but the last payment I sent in, it only took 3 days, due to the fact that their is a class action law suit against them. I have paid over 800 dollars extra which has not been reflected in my payments. Anna Unionville, VirginiaU.S.A.
Dec 16 2002
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Jacksonville Florida
Fairbanks Capital posted our checks after the 15th of the month and charged us late fees. In September 2001 I paid them $2500. ahead and they continued to charge me the late fees. Anytime I called, I would get the complete brush-ff. I talked with some very rude people. In March I got a notice that they had not received my payment which was sent in the first of the month. i continued making my payments. In May they returned my March payment making my account 60 days in arrears. I then received a notice from Foutty and Foutty that I was being sued and I owed them $7000. Now we are $12,000 behind. We filed chapter 13 to try to save the house in October but our payments will be so high, it will be impossible to meet. We will be losing our home of 30 years. I am on a disability. Fairbanks needs to be dealt with severely. Can anybody help us? Mike Mishawaka, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: jacksonville, Florida
Nov 15 2002
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Jacksonville Florida
I have gotten several relief from stay of abandament letters from this company. We had to file bankruptcy and had gotten behind. We did catch completely up and the very next month I got another letter. What is wrong with these people? The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, or either they don't care. Something needs to be done about this, and soon. What can we do? Please let me know and I will take the steps to make it happen. kathy lauderdale, Mississippi
Aug 30 2002
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Hatboro Pennsylvania
I want to register a complaint against Fairbanks Capital located at Fairbanks Capital Corp. PO Box 65250 Salt Lake City, UT 84165-0250 Customer Services Customer Inquiries How to Contact Us Customer Service Telephone Number: For loan numbers beginning with 7 or 8, call our Customer Service Representative at: 1-800-944-1212 Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 8:00PM EST For all other loan numbers call your Customer Service Representative. 1-800-258-8602 Monday - Friday 7:00AM - 8:00PM EST Saturday 8:00AM - 5:00PM EST When I contacted them in April of 2002, I made arrangements with one of their representatives, Fecilia at 215-347-2461. I made arrangements to do a payment over the phone to make 1 house payment. I agreed to call back within 15 minutes to do the payment. I obtained my checkbook and called back. I was told that she was not avaiaable and in a meeting. I called back a little while later and was told again that she was not available. I asked to speak to someone who could help me and explained the situation. I was then pit in contact with a Mr. Clevenger, who told me that he was Fecilia's manager and that she had no righ to make the arrangements that she made, I told him that I had called in good faith and since she was a representative of the company and agreed to the arrangements then I should be able to do so. He laughed at me and said I have overruled her. He stated that he wanted 3 payments that were due along with $1200 in lated fees that had been added on. He further called me a deadbeat and laughed agained as he said, you are the one who is going to lose your house not me. He also said you should never have financed with Fairbank Capital to begin with. I advised him that I did nto finance with them but with Aames Mortage. I had made the first payment to then and then they notified me that they had sold the mortage to Fairbanks Capital and I would be getting a statement from them. I told him that he couldn't speak to me like that as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Acts forbids using words such as dead beat. He laughed again and said I am in customer service and I do not have to obide by the laws. He hung up on me. I called back several times and each time I was put through to Mr. Clevenger. Each time he kept hanging up on me. I called back and spoke to him again and asked for his boss's name. He told me, she doesn't speak to customers. I asked for her address and he refused. I asked for her e-mail so that I could send a complaint. He stated that she was to busy to read e-mails and would not respond. In May, I obtained enough money to pay the 3 payments. I called their office back and was told that my account had been transfered to their bankruptcy department since I had filed for bankruptcy. I advised them that I did not file for bankruptcy but the 2nd person on the mortage, E---- P----- had filed. They also advised me that I would not be receiving any more statements or correspondance from them since the bankruptcy was filed. I asked them since I did not file and my name appeared first on the mortage why I woul not receive a statement. They could not give me an answer. They gave me a te# 800-670-8360 to call. I called and spoke to a Eric Sturgis and made arrangements to pay $6707 or 3 house payments which I did over the phone. This brought the loan up to date except for outlandish late fees. I got behind again in June as I had just been laid off my job on May 15th. I told them I would be getting workmen's comp as I had surgury in April 25th and was still offwork when I was terminated by my company. I called on August 9 to the bankruptcy department and did another payment for $2269.00 to cover for June. I am going to do another payment on September 3 to cover July. I will or plan to make August payment by or before end of Septemeber. Hopefully I will have the money from my 401K account. I also hope to have a settlement check from my former company's insurance company which would be enough to pay September and October house payment. Therafter I hope to be able to keep current. I have been in touch with a law firm who is filing a class action lawsuit against Fairbank Capital and I am in the process of sending all the documentation to their San Francisco office. I have spoken with them. I will update more when possible. Melvin Dallas, Texas Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Fairbanks Capital Corp Read below why a phone number or link was removed from this Report *EDitor's Comment The reason why we have removed links, e-mail address or phone numbers from this report is because people have, in the past, attempted the following, ...all too often. Posting LINKS Many times links to unknown web sites will cause your pc to freeze up and /or cause you to get a computer virus, virtually rendering your computer useless. Most of the time, this is the work of a Company or an Individual who has been reported. Many Government links are no better than the BBB and are just a waste of time, giving you false hope. Many government sites (like the BBB) just collect all information from you, the consumer, but never make that information available, so consumers will NOT be educated as to what exactly they should be looking out for. On the other hand, many government agencies have and do come to the Rip-off Report for information. We have been assisting many government agencies for some time now, including the FBI and Attorney General offices from around the country.. Now that all these Rip-off Reports are out in the open for everyone to see, in a way, this embarrasses these agencies into doing something when they see so many reports on a Company or Individual, because they are now out in the open for all to see. Unfortunately, many (not all) Attorney General Office's and government agencies will not move against a rip-off unless there is going to be some sort of publicity on the rip-off. By reporting your experience on the Rip-off Report, is the next best thing to getting your story on TV or in a newspaper. Most national TV networks and many local TV stations from all around the country come to the Rip-off Report for information they will not get from the BBB, Attorney General office's or any other government agency. Rip-off Report has instigated many local and national stories, resulting in help for victims, in one way or another. Most government agencies will never even bother with rip-offs unless it involves $50,000 or more. Now that the government is cutting back even more dollars for these types of programs, this number will even get higher and we can expect even less to get done, by even less people to work on all these rip-offs. LAWYERS : We have also struggled with the following for a long time.. The reason why we delete phone numbers, ..all too often unscrupulous lawyers or individuals posing as lawyers are collecting victims information to only further victimize them. Many times, well-meaning consumers think they are going to collect names and get them to a lawyer who will do something. In every case we have allowed a consumer victim to do this, nothing has ever came of it. Consumers were under the impression that something will be done to get them help. In every case this did nothing but lead the consumer on, further victimizing them, and some consumers were mad at us. We feel it is our responsibility to check the legitimacy of the lawyer before advertising their service on the Rip-off Report. We will also not allow lawyers to use this web site for free when they will end up taking a large amount of fees, leaving the victim with very little. There are many competent lawyers out there that know how to get the unscrupulous Companies or Individuals who ripped you off, to pay their fees. Those lawyers capable of this can post their numbers after checking with us here at the Rip-off Report. POSTING YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS: For similar reasons as mentioned above, we will not allow individuals to post e-mail addresses, so they can be contacted for more info they claim they cannot post. If that person can contact YOU and get the information, so will everyone else be contacting you anyway, and, if it's good enough for them to receive it by contacting you, then you should be able to post that information for everyone to see and know about. And, many times, in an attempt to get your contact information, consumers will leave an email address; this is just a ploy to sell you a product or some other service. Most likely, you will end up on other junk mail lists. ..if they have something to sell, they should place an advertisement showing support to Rip-off Report.com so we can further help consumers. ADDITIONAL NOTE ...about our advertisers: As an extra added precaution to our readers, even all our PAID advertisements are checked out to the best of our ability before allowing them to be placed on the Rip-off Report. WE have turned down many advertisers to date. Advertisers on the Rip-off Report know, they are not immune from a Rip-off Report being filed on them. How many times do you see Rip-off companies advertising on TV and in publications when you know there are so many complaints about them! We welcome your feedback on this subject. Click on the REBUTTAL BOX below and submit a Consumer Comment so everyone can see. ED Magedson EDitor@RipoffReport.com badbusinessbureau.com www.ripoffreport.com
Entity: Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Oct 02 2002
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Phoenix Arizona
I am trying to pay my loan off and they sent a payoff request to my lender that I'm going to be going through and the payoff was $3,000 more then it should of been. They can not tell me why all the fees had been added but they say they are legit, I'm not getting anywhere with them and they threatened to send my payoff check that my new lender sent them back to the company and they are not going to honor the check because it was $3,000 short of what they say I owe them. I have had all rude customer service agents that are not willing to help me. I'm fed up with them they money you to death. michele portland, Oregon
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
May 21 2003
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Jacksonville Florida
Capital claims that they did not receive my mortgage payment back in September. I have sent their research dept. all information and documents that showed that payment had been made. My bank even sent them documentation to verify that payment had been made. To this day, they are still sayiing that I am a month behind in my mortgage payments, and continue to add on late fees. I went to my lawyer and he tried to contact them, but unsuccessful. So he told me not to worry about it unless they try to take me to court. I no longer receive threatening letters, but I'm sure that my credit report shows that I am behind on my payments every month. If there is a law suit, I'd like to be included in it. Classie sarasota, FloridaU.S.A.
May 14 2003
FAIRBANKS CAPITAL CORP ripoff Jacksonville Florida
My mortgage was transfered from option one to fairbanks. They have reported us late twice. I have copies of my payments. I sent them western union. I am glad I did. i am looking to start a class action in virginia. If, anyone has started the suit I will be more than happy to sign up with the suit. melissa & lee chesapeake, va. Melissa chesapeake, VirginiaU.S.A.
Jan 14 2004
Fairbanks Capital Corporation ripoff Louisville Kentucky
Over charging, demand letters, rude people at Fairbanks Capital Corp, paying your taxes without asking you if they can add this to your mortgage, adding high insurance, posting payments late. These people are crazy and all should be locked up for life. They told me they did an appraisal but they never came in my house. They then told me it was a drive by appraisal after I told them they did not do one. They have caused me undo stress. It is making me fall behind in other bills just trying to keep my house. All this has made my credit turn bad now and no body else will refinance for me. I really don't like this company at all. They will not take my payment local so that I can get the payment to them before they start to foreclose on me, but insist that I send it quick pay thru western union. This is just another charge added to me. When will the home owners get any relief from all these law suits? Please help soon before they take yet another home. Shirley Jacksonville, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Jun 15 2005
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Walton Hills Ohio
I had purchased a home for my brother to live in. This was in the Fall of 1998. January 1-1999 my brother had a massive stroke. He ended up in a nursing home and just passed away May4-2005. It was a small loan $15,000 with a payment of $220. Within 2 years the mortgage was sold 3 times. I never missed a payment. July of 2003 I mailed the payment to the current lender not realizing it had been sold again. The check was returned to me with the address and lender to mail the payments to. I then mailed two payments to the new lender Fairbanks Capital. June and July. In late August I was mailed a foreclosure notice demanding over $5000.00. I called knowing this was a mistake but to my disbelief it was true. The balance at that time was around $11,000. We had homeowners insurance, they put in place forced placed insurance. Lucky for me I was able to sell the property in October 2003. Two months after the sale and the loan had been paid off people from Fairbanks Capital went to the house demanding the keys. The new owners had to show the closing documents as proof that they now owned this home. I am still trying to get back what is owed to me late fees,attorney fees,insurance refund we just remailed proof of homeowners insurance. Not to mention our credit has taken a very bad hit. I've been in the banking industry 30 years. People that I talk to can't believe this situation. This home was in the Cleveland Ohio area. Michele walton hills, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Walton Hills, Ohio
Aug 31 2003
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Salt Lake City Utah
We agreed to work with Fair Banks Capital to work out late fees and attorney fees, but they claimed that we did not have home owners insurance ,although we had home owners insurance. Now the are taking actions to foreclose. Jerry lakeland, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Salt Lake City, Utah
Aug 11 2003
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Salt Lake City Utah
Thanks to the Rip-off Report we found out about what kind of company Fairbanks was and we were able to refinance within 2 months of them taking over our mortgage. They still tried the same tricks with us such as forced placed insurance, posting our payments to a suspence account instead of the monthly payment, and reporting to credit agencies that we were 30 days late when we weren't. They managed to steal $2500.00 from us at closing that I want returned, and I want them to correct the information with the credit agencies. I am still fighting with them and would like to join a class action suit in Georgia. We had $85,000 of equity in our home and I am sure they were trying to steal it. I want revenge. PH Dacula, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Salt Lake City,, Utah
Aug 02 2003
Fairbanks Capital ripoff abused & mistreated Jacksonville Florida
This all started about 3 years ago, this scam to try to take our home. My wife and I refinanced our house and had been put with Alliance Mortgage Company. Shortly after the mortgage was sold to Fairbanks Capital (early in the year January or February of 2001). Comming back from vacation in late July we get a message on our phone that our mortgage is now in the process of going into forcloser. We contacted Fairbanks Capital to investigate. All we got in return was a guy, basically laughing at us telling us that we are going to lose our home. After checking with the bank we noticed that our payments for the months of April, May, June, and July had not been posted (we used certified checks). The bank had told us that they have not yet been cashed. Going forward and making about 8 or 9 more phone calls to Fairbanks Capital trying to get some kind of solution to this problem we find out that BINGO all four checks had cashed in a matter of two days in August. Then we get a notice that we owe these late fees. I had read that in Utah there is no law on when a mortgage company has to post a payment. That is well and good in Utah, however, our home is in Michigan. I am so pissed off right now I can't even keep my thoughts straight. My wife and I eventually refinanced to get away from this crap in February of 2002, only to find out in May of 2002 Conti-Mortgage sold our Mortgage to who? YOU GUESS IT FAIRBANKS CAPITAL. NOW WITH MY WIFE 6 MONTHS PREGNANT WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH THESE CLOWNS THAT CAN SEEM TO GO TO A BANK AND CASH A CHECK AND APPLY THE MONEY IN WHICH IT WAS INTENDED FOR. We get this song and dance that our money is in a holding account. HOLDING FOR WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YA HOLDING FOR INTEREST THAT THEY CAN KEEP. If you add up I guess it is about 40,000 plus people these people are taking to cleaners and not only taking the house (or trying to) they are taking money that doesn't belong to them in the first place. Something has to be done to this company for the sake of all that are going thru this crap. One more thing that was funny, and I think I should pass this on. My wife opened the mail the other day and it said that Fairbanks Capital is putting forced placed insurance coverage on our home because we haven't provided proof to the company. Funny thing is that our agent FAX the proof SIX times to them. HOW DO I KNOW THIS, BECAUSE I'M THE AGENT! John Eastpointe, MichiganU.S.A.
Aug 01 2003
Fairbanks Capital Corporation ripoff dishonest ripoffs Jacksonville Florida
I was told on today 8-1-2003, that I owed them 169.19 in late fees because I have been over 20 days late since July of 2002. I have never been late nor have I ever been contacted by Fairbanks about this problem. I have talked to them multiple times when I was trying to refinance my house which they would not subordinate because they claim they hold my first mortgage which they do not. They sent me back my 250.00 subordination charge and never once said anything like this until today. I hate these vultures and something needs to be done about them trying to rip off innocent people. Georgeanna memphis, TennesseeU.S.A.
Aug 06 2003
Fairbanks Capital Fraudulent ripoff consumer fraud ripoff Suwanee Georgia
I finally sold my home to my brother to get away from Fairbanks Capital. Fairbanks charged an extra 25-25 thousand dollars to get out of the loan. Nonetheless, I have five file folders with Fairbanks forced insurance, foreclosure threats and bogus forebearance agreements. My spouse now deceased was forced to file bankrupcty because Fairbanks purchased the loan from our previous lender and mis calculated our payments. After my spouse death last year I signed three forebearance agreements with Fairbanks which was not applied to the loan. After selling my home to my brother Fairbanks requested an extra ten thousand dollars. I have been speaking with several attorneys regarding Fairbanks Capital and comtemplating on hiring a local attorney in the Atlanta Area. Fairbanks took my life savings and did not apply any money to the principal. I complied with Fairbanks every whim in order to secure my home. Nevertheless, this lender is nothing but a fraud. I will continue to complain and send all records to attorneys that are involved with the class action lawsuit that involves Fairbanks. I hope that the Government put these scam artist were they belong... behind bars. MS.MH Suwanee, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Suwanee, Georgia
Aug 16 2004
Fairbanks Capital - SPS ripoff Jacksonville Florida
Our mortgage was acquired by Fairbanks Capital in January 2002. We had a fixed rate mortgage and our payments were up to date. They immediately claimed that we owed them $8000, with no clear explanation why. They also tried to force their hazard insurance on us even though we provided proof of full coverage insurance. They foreclosed on our house in March of the same year since they claimed we were so far behind on our payments. By the way, they increased our payments from $462 per month to $622 per month with no explanation. We were forced to file Chapter 13 to keep our house. Before we filed Chapter 13 we tried to refinance with another mortgage Co, but Fairbanks put false liens on our house to prevent us from going with someone else. I am sure that all the victims of Fairbanks Capital know about the class action lawsuit won by the Federal Trade Commision. The $40,000,000 settlement was a joke when you consider the 480,000 customers victimized by Fairbanks. They probably pay much more than that in taxes every year. We personnally received $274. What good will this amount of money do when these blood suckers are trying to take your house? William and mary Dayton, OhioU.S.A.
Apr 06 2004
Fairbanks Capital ripoff Salt Lake Utah
told us a amount on payments that need to be payed and attoroney fee then when we got them payed up in 2002 now in 2004 are trying to re charge us for them Carmel winnemucca, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Salt Lake, Utah
May 11 2004
Fairbanks Capital Corp ripoff nightmare Jackson Florida
IN TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO WE HAD HOUSEHOLD MORTGAGE THEN FAIRBANKS BOUGHT OUR ACCOUNT FROM HOUSEHOLD BANK. AT FIRST WE DIDNT GET ANY INFORMATION OR NOTHING. WE CALLED THE SALT LAKE CITY, UT AND LEFT MESSAGE THEN NEVER CALL US BACK. FINALLY TWO WEEKS LATER WE GOT THE LATE STATEMENT. WE COULDNT BELIEVE IT. SO THEY CHARGE LATE FEES, RIPPED US OFF ON HOUSE TAXES AND WE CALLED FLORDIA AND FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON. THEY SAY , OH THE TAXES WENT UP, INSURANCE WENT UP WHICH THAT A FULL OF BULL. WE FOUND OUT THEY DIDNT PAY MY HOUSE TAXES AND THEY CHARGE US $1824.00 FOR THE HOUSE TAXES. SO I CALLED OUR COUNTY TAXES TO FIND OUT WHAT OUR HOUSE TAXES AND THEY TOLD US $1300.00. FOR TWO AND A HALF YEARS. THEN THEY STILL SEND US LATE STATEMANT, CONFUSING ACCOUNT BALANCE. OUR MORTGAGE WENT UP LEFT AND RIGHT. ITS A VERY BAD NIGHTMARE. WE CALL FAIRBANK AND SAID WHY OUR MORTGAGE WENT UP SKY HIGH FROM $811.99 FROM $1,066.00. THEY SAID OH THATS BECAUSE OF YOUR INTEREST WENT UP. MY GOD 50%.AND OVERCHARGED US STILL HOUSETAXES $1,824.00. FINNALLY WE COULD NOT AFFORD THE MORTAGAE ANYMORE. WE CALLED FAIRBANK AND TOLD THEM WE COULD NOT AFFORD THE MORTGAGE ANYMORE. THEY TOLD ME TO PUT THE HOUSE UP FOR SALE AND I TOLD THEM THERE NO WAY BECASE THE HOUSE IS NOT DONE REMODELING. THEN THEY SAID WELL PUT IT UP LIKE AS IS. I TOLD THEM YOUR CRAZY LADY IF I SOLD MY HOUSE AS IS AND STILL PAID MORTGAGE ON IT NO WAY. SO THEY SAID THERE SENT US PAPER TO SIGN TO GIVE THE HOUSE BACK TO THEM. I FILED BANKRUPTY LAST MONTH BECAUSE OF FAIRBANK GOT ALL OF OUR MONEY AND CANT PAY MY OTHER BILLS. I DIDNT WANT TO LOSE MY HOUSE BUT I HAVE NO WAY OUT OF IT. SO I CALLED MY BANKRUPTY LAWYER TO FIND OUT IF I CAN WALK AWAY FROM MY HOUSE. SO IM WAITING FOR HIM TO CALL ME TODAY. MY WIFE WAS CRYING SO BAD BECAUSE WE LIVED HERE GOING ON NINE YEARS. AND THE BEAUITFUL WORK I DID IN THIS HOUSE. I HAVE THREE CHILDERN AND TOLD THEM THAT WE HAVE TO MOVE NEXT MONTH BECAUSE WE CANT AFFORD THE MORTGAGE. ITS MAKES ME FEEL SO BAD THAT I FAIL MY WIFE AND CHILDERN. PLEASE PEOPLE FAIRBANKS IS A NIGHTMARE. I CANT HANLD THIS ANYMORE. I ALSO CALL AROUND LAWYERS AND WE HAVE NO LAWYER IN THIS OHIO WOULD TAKE OUR CASE TO FIGHT FAIRBANKS. SO I FINALLY JUST GAVE UP. Thomas cleveland, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Jackson, Florida
Nov 13 2003
Fairbanks Capital Ripoff Liars Cheaters Overbillers Louisville Kentucky
I too have had many problems with Fairbanks and it started after my mortagage was sold to them by Superior Bank. It was my first mortagage and everything was going great until the loan company from HELL took over. All of a sudden after a year my taxes were not paid and I go a sheriff sale notice for my taxes. I start to investiagte tell the they were paid I have copies of the checks in the process I refuse to pay any of their late fees because they took to long to get back to me. Phone call, after phone call, fax after fax and still to no avail. Ok then they pay the taxes because it is escrowed they had no choice, well guess what next thing I know is they are sending me a bill for 900.00 for taxes saying I have a year to pay for them, but they were escrowed before you got my loan and I had no problems all of a sudden a year later there is a problem. Then in order to recoup the monies they took it upon themselves to now add 107.68 payment to my mortagage for a year. In going through this they are also telling me I have a DIS loan I told them I do not. My loan is fixed period and it state if I am late I am to pay a 5.00 fee after the 20th of the month. They still refuse to list they have accummulated so called lated fee. NO NO NO they have 96.00 they must be crazy I have not paid them and have no intenetions of paying them, because I know they are lying and ripping people off. So they send me a paper saying I owe this money in a year it will be paid off. Ok a year goes they tell me my mortagage payment has jumped by 100.00 since I took it out. So, now I am paying a different amount and now they com back again and tell me I owe the money for taxes again that my escrow balance is -104.00. This is bull.. You have raised my mortage which should include the new amount of my taxes paid, which should be escrowed. Then you charged me another 900.00 for taxes you say are back taxes but I have paperwork and checks showing these were paid. I know for a fact that I use to pay my property taxes and homeowner myself and it was only 1186.00 a year, which my first mortagage company had escrowed at 98.00 a month which is right. Now all of a sudden I am up to 130.00 to 140.00 for escrow of my taxes, but they have not change and my homeowners insurance did not change. I am so praying that God opens a window to help me get away from these people, because on top of all the rest I have an interest rate of 11.4%. With all that is happening with them I would hope that some mortage company (like the lady said they lie and say you are late when you are not) would give us a chance to change. I am single parent, taking care of my father who has cancer and I just do not have the energy to keep arguing with this sick people. Deloris Reading, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Sep 22 2003
Fairbanks Capital Corp ripoff, outlandish charges! Wilmington Delaware
I just got my loan bought from Fairbanks Thank God! Since I had been with them they constantly added fees to my acct if i was over 7-days late they would send out a man that would put a paper in the door and then they would charge me 119.00 extra on my bill. this happen several times. Rae Muskegon, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Wilmington, Delaware
Nov 23 2003
Fairbanks Capital Corp. ripoff Jacksonville Florida
From June 7th, 2003 they started overcharging me $84.72 a month for my mortgage which is $1,107.22. They made my house insurance lapse from 12/13/2002-07/28/03. All this was supposed to be included in the refinance which went through Chicago Title of Colorado, Inc. Each month the mortgage payment varies. In 06/03/03 I had the house painted, inside and out. When the painter got to the bathroom, he noticed the ceiling had spots and stains. He said that it was this way because of the roof. He said that the roof leaked because of damages to it. I reported this to Fairbanks in the same month, and they said they would send somebody out. They never sent anyone to this day. I kept notifying them about the roof, and they never sent anyone to even look at it. Here it is 6 months and 3 weeks later and no one has even given me a call. All this time I have contacted my insurance company named, George Insurance Agency, Inc., 719-632-2697. On 11/22/03 I received in the mail a Monthly Mortgage Statement from Fairbanks saying that there was another increase in my mortgage payment. This is not supposed to happen until May, 2004. I have a interest rate and monthly payment change table that tells me this. It is included also in the refinance I did in 04/18/2002. I also contacted Joel Hefley my congressman here in Colorado and he sent me a letter saying that he could not help me with this problem. This is costing me alot of financial problems. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Fitz A. Fountain, ColoradoU.S.A.
Oct 21 2004
FAIRBANKS CAPITAL CORP. ripoff Jacksonville Florida
My mortgage was sold by Olympus LC to Fairbanks Capital Corp. in December 2002. Fairbanks charged me $6.752.57 for taxes in 2002 on my condo. I did not get in 2003 any increase in my mortgage until 2004. I went to MIAMI DADE TAX DEPARTMENT and I got prove that Fairbanks Capital Corp. did not PAID anything in 2002 on my name or condo' address. I already sold my condo and I have been sending letters, calling and do whatever take to get my money back, but until now It has not been possible. I also sent a letter to IRS to audit this bank. We are going to sue this Bank for stealing money from customers. I think this company has been doing this with more that one customer. Amparo MIAMI, FloridaU.S.A.
Apr 19 2003
Fairbanks Capital ripoff fraud scam Utah USA
FAIRBANKS CAPITAL CORP.(JACKSONVILLE, FL & SALT LAKE CITY ,UATH PAYMENT COUPON USES TWO DATES . TOP PAYMENT FOR THE NEXT MONTH/BOTTOM DATE SHOWS PAST MONTHS , EVEN IF YOU DON'T OWE ANY PAST MONTHS. JACKSONVILLE FL/SALT LAKE CTY U Florida/UTAH ..... We began to refinance immediately after discovering Fairbanks payment coupons containing two dates. We also discovered my parents had 2 houses listed on same warranty deed, and we corrected the mistake by two corrective deeds. One house we live in with no mortgage(but,it has a recorded Declaration of Homestead) and one house with a Fairbanks mortgage transfered by Equicredit. After much Harassment/frustration we decided to Quit Claim in Lieu of Foreclosure. But, Fairbanks/Equicredit mortgage went to the warranty deed attachment that had two houses in different areas of town. They checked off both houses as if they had hit the motherlode, they sent a foreclosure from a Florida lawyer. When responding to their foreclosure on a Quitclaim in Lieu of Foreclosure house. They promptly addressed an amended document still trying to attach our unmortgaged house, but they added a new defendant who has been long dead. We will join any lawsuits against these people. Pat PERRY, FloridaU.S.A.
May 29 2003
Fairbanks Capital ripoff fraud business Hatsboro Pennsylvania
* Attention Louisiana residents* ..... If you have been victimized by Fairbanks Capital (or affiliations)in the state of Louisiana, please contact me at: I have helpful information. I also am trying to get the news stations involved. I see your names in the paper weekly but have no way to contact you. PLEASE help me stand up to this company and let them know that we WILL NOT take this lying down!!!! Thank You, Kelly Wilson, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Hatsboro, Pennsylvania
May 28 2003
Fairbanks Capital Corp ripoff Hyattsville Maryland
Fairbanks carried one account as two accounts. I had constant harrashment calls, letters after letters. They were very rude. Even tho they knew that the account they were forclosing on was closed they went forward anyway. Fairbanks Capital Corp filed for for forclose on my house. My attorney attemted over and over to stop their action by faxing to them the court document indicating that the case was no longer open. They said that they would conduct an investigation and did not forclose. They also took out flood insurance on the account that did not exist as well as the existing account. When they closed out the closed account they dropped the insurance therefor dropping the insurance on the open account. Fairbanks increased my mortage payment on the open account but dropped in because I no longer had insurance on the non existing account and said that they would only refund my payments after I show proof of insurance. But, they were the one that took out the insurance. Rolline Landover, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Hyattsville, Maryland