GEICO Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Geico

There may be more reports for "Geico"

For more results perform a general search for "Geico"

Showing 26-50 of 647 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Geico"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Dec 29 2009
Geico Unfair Rate Increases Internet
UNFAIR RATE INCREASES This company Geico said that they lower the rate of your bill when you are a good driver without accidents.  In the last year Geico has been raising the amount of your bill with nothing to base their increases on.  And these are exuberant increases. When they are questioned their answer is: you recieved a letter in the mail informing everyone that we were increasing your bill.  So what you informed us.  What is the increase BASED ON.  Especially when they souped me into signing with their company by promising that my rates would decrease as long as I kept a good record with no accidents.  Well, it started out good and each payment period my bill was decreased.  But now Geico is allowed to flip a switch and decide to now go in the other direction and increase my bill? What I want to know is, is this a breach of contract between company and the insured?  We are talking about a company that advertised and bated clients saying that they reward you by decreasing your monthly payment when you don't have accidents.  This is years of establishing myself with this company in order to keep the amount of my insurance down.  Look how they wasted my time.  I could have been established with a different company who were giving me the same service that Geico said that they would.  They even had the nerve to say other people were having accidents that they had to pay off.  What does this have to do with me?  Aren't they in the insurance business?  Please respond legally if possible.  Something is not right here.  My increase is now up to $30.00.  Every time they renew, they increase and I'm paying and paying for someone elses gain.  The usual proceedure was to increase the amount of those who had the accidents.  Why don't I decide to tell my boss to now pay me for staying home instead of paying me for coming to work.  Who is letting Geico get away with this.  Does the government know about Geico's business practices and how they rip off even their best customers?  Come on now!!!
Entity: Internet, Internet
Feb 19 2010
GEICO-Macon Rip off Macon, Georgia
On Jan 31st my husband was involved in an accident. The man that caused it was arrested on the spot for DUI. He did not have a license or insurance. My husband called Geico immediately. The Geico rep. took info and told my husband to call back as soon as the police were done, which he did. The next day we recieved a call from Geico stating an adjuster would call on Monday (the accident happened over the weekend). Monday we got a call from Mr. Berry with Geico telling us our insurance was canceled! He explained that the reps we talked to after the accident did not have the authority to tell my husband we were canceled.(?)They are claiming that our payment was due on the 18th and they did not received the payment until the 21st. We never received anything stating our insurance was canceled or even late. Mr. Berry informed us that had we called the day we sent the auto money gram (that they get instantly) we would have been covered. They accepted the payment and not until we filed this claim did they say, Oh, you were 3 days late were not going to cover you! I have filled a complaint with the Attorney Generals office and the Insurance Board in my state.
Apr 28 2010
GEICO Terrible claims processing Internet
Their client ran out in front of my daughter on a busy highway, and my daughter honked and slammed on brakes, however, did not have sufficient time to avoid the collision.  Their insured got a ticket for failure to yield.  Geico accepted fault of the 3rd car that got hit, but only accepted 50% fault on totalling our car.  They took their time talking to their insured and witnesses, used lies and insufficient evidence to make their decision, not facts.  Supervisor would not return my call.  Our car was totalled, now we have to wait to get a car until after arbitration with our insurance (since our insurance company says it's 100% Geico's client's fault, is not paying anything to them, and we don't have collision coverage) - or possibly until after we file in small claims court.  And of course, they won't give us the amount (if paying 100%) that we would have to pay to replace our car.
Entity: , Internet
29, Report #192642
May 22 2006
Geico ripoff steamroll Macon Georgia
A not so funny story here. On may 4 2006 a 23 yr old girl thought it was a good idea to leave a party in new orleans DRUNK and DRIVE home. At 3:30 am she passed-out at the wheel and rear-ended me at over 100 mph. The 2001 nissan altime that I had bought 5 weeks earlier was a total loss So the geico machine cranks-up the steam roller. I go thru the first adjuster quickly (he was very pleasant) but he could not authorize the payment for my car. So he sends the case to macon ga. The new adjuster says I should be happy that I'm only going to lose $2100. That I will be free of the monthly payment. Odd that the actual value of the car was $2500 more than she claims. So we talk (argue) for a week, then no word for a few days, my note comes due and like a responsible person , I pay it. SAME DAY I get a call from her (at 4:45 pm) saying I know youre still paying the note on the car. Wouldnt it be better to take my offer and be free of the note? I refused. She came up $800 and I yet refused. I now have the car in my front yard with GEICO DOES NOT PAY written ont the windows. I am also fixen to take out half page ads in every news-paper that I can afford and tell the tale. If a man twice my size had spoke to me in the same manner I would have to do my best to help him spit teeth. WHY SHOULD I LOSE $2 GRAND OVER A DRUNK DRIVER ? Jerry picayune, MississippiU.S.A.
Jun 28 2004
GEICO ripoff Woodbury New York
Listen UP! The truth of the matter is, GEICO is the biggest user of Credit out of the BIG 5 Insurance companies..... They use it for up to 35% of thier underwriting criteria in most states that they run credit in....... they also run credit hits w/out permission in a lot of cases through transunion***Its a shame that credit is used to determine a rate even for the most responsible drivers but alas' thats what GEICO is helping to make a reality... The company also will hold against you any occurance information you give them for a quote even if it turns out not to show up on your reports when they are ran!!!.....there is more but these are two things to be leary of when shopping with them, at least Progresive is up front with thier credit checks before you give any information.... Natize huntington, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Woodbury, New York
31, Report #1020654
Feb 26 2013
Geico Cancellation? Internet
Geico cancelled my insurance without notification. In October of 2012 I bought a new car, I called Geico and bought full coverage I also transferred my other car to a Geico policy with just liability. I signed up for automatic payments once a month. Just this Monday February 18th 2013 I received notification from the bank that I financed my car at, that I no longer had insurance that it was cancelled on Nov 24, 2012. I never received any type of notification and Geico continued to take the premium payment every month. After receiveing the notification I called Geico, they could or would not help me? All they could say was sorry we will try to get your premiums returned to you, but the good news is we are still insuring the older car for liability only. They could not tell me why the insurance on the new car was cancelled, can they just cancel because they want to don't they need a reason? I do not have any tickets or accidents on my record, I am not sure what my credit score is, probably not that great since I just graduated from college, but I have never filed bankruptcy nor refused to pay a bill. My score was good enough to finance a car. They did offer to reinsure my new car for an additional $100.00 per month since I was now in a higher risk bracket! Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go to get answers? I have since purchased insurance through State Farm, but once again they claim I am in a higher risk bracket since I was uninsured for a couple of months. This whole thing seems very unfair. Any suggestions would be greatly appreiciated. Thank you Glo Salem Oregon
Entity: Internet, Internet
Jan 17 2013
GEICO is DISHONEST Fredericksburg, Virginia
good afternoon, I have mechanical breakdown coverage on my 2006 Chrysler and have had it since 2007 at the purchase of the car... in November 2012 I had my oil change as I have every 3000 miles since I had the car... On December 31 my oil light came on and immediately my car started sounding like a truck... I pulled over and called the shop that changed the oil a month prior and was told to bring the car in, I had it towed to the shop and was told that it was possibly the oil pump gone bad, I called my insurance company GEICO and told them they called the shop and after they called the shop I was told to now have the car towed to the Dealer (DARCARS) and now after a week later I am being told by GEICO that it is the engine and I am responsible for it becuase I only have the last receipt for an oil change... and they calim they require you to provide the last three years of receipts...and according to the policy it does not require me to save receipts for such work and GEICO is giving me the run around... GEICO was supposed to help with my two wek rental and to date have not and I ended up having to purchase a new car because the cost to repair my car is more than I owe on the car... CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE
Entity: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Mar 18 2013
Geico Unfortunate car accident, Internet
On March 6, 2013, my 16 year old son's Mazda Miata was struck from behind by an HHR. I notified Geico, the insurance company of the HHR driver. They gave me an adjuster name and phone number.  The other party never notified Geico. I was in contact with them daily, because I needed a rental car. There is a reason that my son has a car. They contacted me on the 12th and stated they spoke to the witness. But it would be another 5 days before I could get a rental car, because they had to give their insured more time to respond. Today is the 18th, they said I could have a rental car (keep in mind this is now 12 days later) and to contact the rental car company. I did this. Well, guess what? It is Spring Break and they will not have any cars until the 19th. The appraiser has even called to look at the car, but hasn't yet.  I can not believe a company this big would not be able to give me a car until they could figure out what happened with their insured driver.
Entity: , Internet
Apr 08 2014
GEICO Homeowners Insurance Ripoff Omaha Nebraska
Had homeowners insuranc e with GEICO.  Only had one claim due to Hail storm in May 2013.  GEICO sent policy renewal raised premium by 237% (about $5,000) to over $8,000.  Also, raised wind and hail deductable to over $11,000.Because of claim other insurance companies will not write me until May 2015.  Becasue the insurance is in the month mothly mortgage payment my mortgage payment will increase by over $600. GEICO should be avoided, do not use this company.  Thye will take complete advanof you.  RIP-OFF
Entity: Omaha, Nebraska
Aug 21 2015
Geico Their typo cost me $2000. Nationwide
 I had been using Geico for my car insurance when I moved across town to a new home. I updated Geico with my home address, but when they updated my record in their computers, they omitted a number from my street address. Unbeknownst to me, they send you a letter when you move that essentially says We heard you moved, we are sending this to your new address. If you receive it, let us know it is your correct address. If you don't receive it, let us know your correct address. But since they were mailing it to the wrong address, I never received it to tell them they had the wrong number of my address. They continued to charge me automatically deducted premiums for several months while they received back multiple letters. They claimed to have called but I never received any messages from them even though they had the correct number. Fast forward to several months later when someone speeding down the interstate slams into me. I call to have my insurance company fight it out with their insurance company and I am told that my insurance has been cancelled because they could never verify my address that THEY wrote down incorrectly. Even though they had just deducted my premiums so I was unaware there was a problem. And the other insurance company refused to pay because the owner of the car/insured person wasn't DRIVING the car so I had to pay $2000 just so I could get to work. I filed a complaint with the California Insurance Department about what they had done and eventually Geico came through and backdated my insurance coverage so they would fight with the other parties insurance to finally take care of my car repairs but I am disappointed that this is how they treat service members and had I not filed a complaint, they would get away with this.
Jun 04 2016
GEICO Abandoned me in a claim Nationwide
After GEICO had taken my insurance premiums for 19 years, when the money wes to go out instead of in, they DENIED the CLAIM and left me holding the bag.  They have since accused me of insurance fraud and Arson.  Arson on a situation that they held no insurance on.  Nor did they investigate the claim.  Plain and simple they have chosen to fight the claim as a result, I can sue but only if I have enough money to buy a lawyer capable of winning.  I have a choice of throwing the $30,000 away already spent or putting more money into the case, which will have to be borrowed money.  I am a 71 year old veteran fighting a company that says they have a 97% acceptance rating.  Now ask yourself, does an insurance company with a 97% acceptance rating actually deny a claim over a policy bought on line, and because when he phoned GEICO to give them the final information to fulfill the contract, he answered all questions truthfully and never was he asked if the RV was 'REBUILT'.  The sole reason they could give or have ever given was the RV, a fifth wheel had an electrical fire, in the nose causing wiring to be burn in the nose.  An RV Tech was called in, made the needed repairs and the RV Became not a salvage but a Rebuilt.  Keeping in mind the RV Fire was in the nose of the RV, the damage which was done on my accident was 37 feet behind the fire and it was body damage,  a sub frame shifted and slid sideways.  This damage was not fire related in any way.  But in order to evade payment, they denied the claim.  The one thing I detest more than any other is GEICO after 19 years of being on the payments coming in, they run when the payments go outward.  GEICO had the audacity to ask me why I did not renew my policy!  Would you have renew your policy of 19  years over a loss of $30,000?
Jun 11 2015
GEICO I got the shaft macon Georgia
About a month ago, I applied online for a job with GEICO because they advised they were hiring 200 individuals in the Macon area.  Five days lter, I was contacted by phone to come in for an interview on May 20. I took the day off from my surrent job at the time to pursue this job opportunity because, there was more money and it was closer to my home. Upon arriving at the interview which might I add was an all day process, myself and as many as 30 other people were shifted from room to room, going to various interviews and completing tests. At the final part of my day, i was instructed to go to the claims department and meet with a supervisor there. She was very nice to me and asked me questions about my work ethic and then she had me to wait in the break area to meet with a floor manager. After about 30 minutes, I met with the floor manager and he was verynice. After he asked me a series of questions, he offered me the job verbally and on paper. I signed the offer, shook his hand and went back to the first claims supervisor's desk. There she gave me some paperwork that I completed including the date and time that I was to show up for my first day of work (June 1). After this was complete, I went back downstairs to the desk area and waited for the nurse in the infirmary, that was going to conduct a drug screening. The nurse advised me that she would be cutting a little of my hair for the test which was fine with me. She opened the envelope for my sample and showed me nothing was on the inside, cut a lock on my hair and sealed the envelope. After I signed the envelope and verified the letters on it were the same as the authorization paper that I had. I returned back to work the next day and advised my employer verbally and on paper that I would be resigning from my current job at that time. A few days later (May 26) the health services manager at GEICO called me and advised me that he had to pull my application because of a positve finding on my drug screening. Might I add, I don't do any type of illegal drugs and I never have. My former job that I had was a govenrment job in which random drug tests were conducted and I had never tested positve before. I asked the health serivces manager at GEICO, if there was anyone else that I could speak with anout the finding. He gave me the number to the lab and I called and left a message. THe next day, I spoke with a nurse int he lab about my situation and she advised me that I would have to speak with the doctor about the finding because, it was like a trace and the doctor and I could talk about any painkillers that it could have possibly been taking that were in my system. I never spoke with the doctor ( she never ever called me back) and it was almost impossible to speak with a warm body at GEICO. My thing is, I don't know if the nurse in the infirmary had been cutting hair with the same scissors all and they were possibly contaminated, i;m not sure how many other people may have gotten a positive reading this same day, and the health services manager also advised me that It was GEICO's policy to pull applicants that have a positive finding without restesting them which I did not find this policy anywhere in the manual. If I used drugs or had used drugs, I wouldn't be as adamant about this claim as I am but I need help. I was unable to revoke my resignation at my former job, so as of May 29, I was totally unemployed. I thought I did things the correct way, but I need help in knowing where do I go from here? Even if I don't get a job with GEICO. that's fine with me. I just want to clear my name.
Entity: macon , Georgia
Oct 18 2015
Dec 11 2016
Geico 15 minutes could cost you double Nationwide
I called Geico about their constant advertising 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance, and their follow-up campaign everybody knows that. I called and got a ridiculously high quote. My next call was to Liberty mutual and the insurance I boughtfrom them is costingme HALF the Geico quote.I did not appreciate the time lost on the phone based on FALSE ADVERTICING.
Aug 04 2017
Geico Selling info for extended car warrenty Nationwide
 I keep getting calls for car warrenty. The warrenty on your 2014 challenger is about to expire. I took me a long time to figure this out. This is my daughter's car. My name is not on anything. But i carried it on my insurance for a while.. It had to come from Geico no other answer.
Nov 11 2014
Geico Auto Insurance Geico Geico Insurance Policy is Useless! Los Angeles Nationwide
I have been a Geico Auto Insurance policyholder for many years, I had chosen Geico because they seemed to have the best prices for coverage offered. Coverage means nothing if you cannot use it. I had purchased full coverage for my car several years ago, I have not had any accidents till last year when someone rear ended my vehicle, the driver had insurance, thankfully. His insurance accepted full responsibility for the damage as I was told by Geico. The Geico call center reps are all very kind and helpful, but once you have to deal with Geico employees directly that will ALL Change! My first contact was with an adjuster who took the physical report on the damage after my first accident was extremely difficult and has a very unhappy disposition. Even though Geico would not be paying for the damage the claims adjuster was extremely difficult to work with and not helpful at all, each contact with him became increasingly challenging. Geico wants you to have any work done to car at one of their contracted services centers and if you do not want to utilize them I found that Geico suddenly stops all assistance with your vehicle damage and support of your claim. Now, flash forward one year later after my car is completely repaired. My car is vandalized while parked on the street in front of my house. Now this time Geico treats me like a criminal when I report the incident. Investigations and interrogations as if I had committed a heinous crime. The investigator for Geico reads me my rights and asks me to provide my statement under oath while being recorded. Seriously this happened and I have it all electronically recorded. Since when did Geico become law enforcement agents? So, knowing what I do about this ridiculous and insulting situation I decide to record the investigator as well. He made several errors in his investigative interview of myself so of course I had to correct him numerous times due to his getting facts confused and his line of questioning having little cohesiveness. He kept trying to tell me that the damage to my car occurred during separate incidents. How would he know this unless he was the one that did the crime? And lets not forget this either, why would I damage my newly repaired vehicle and have to go through this arduous process again?!?Regardless here is the issue with Geico. If you pay for certain types of coverage be well aware they will not honor their end of the deal if they have to pay out for the damage themselves even if they are not the responsible party they will not treat you well at all. Add Insult to Injury and this is what you will get from The Geico Insurance Company. You will be left to prove your innocence as if you are a hardened criminal and of course left feeling like you have been injured not Once but Twice after working with Geico Insurance. This has been a disgusting process and I will certainly continue to broadcast the issue so others will not be tricked into thinking they will be getting what they pay thousands of dollars for when signing up for a Geico Insurance Policy.
Jun 18 2015
GEICO GEICO IS A RIP OFF INSURANCE COMPANY GEICO LIES AND RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS Brooklyn New York
GEICO is a huge rip-off, they have innocent commercials but lie to their insured customer, disconnect calls intentionally and hike rates without notification. After speaking with an agent for over an hour, they promised to back date an insurance policy that they failed to notify was expiring.  Then the agent disconnected me and I found myself speaking with someone that had no idea what was going on, I then asked a supervisor to help me and he was nasty and refused to honor what was promised. I then asked him to connect me with a manager and he refused.  I had no choice but to accept the insurance policy with a lapse in coverage even though it was GEICOS acknowledged error and admission.  I am going to switch insurance companies the very next renewal that comes up. Their cutesy commercials are deceptive and misleading. They are liars and do not honor their word. Then the supervisor hung up on me.
Entity:
May 25 2010
Geico ins. GEICO company geico insurance company Washington DC geico claims department geico general Ashley Mancin My claim back in 9-27-09 They made my life a living h*ll for what a girl rolls back into me she gets paid within 6 - 8 days and geico is my insurance co. The police did not investigate nor did Geico. Macon, Georgia
I was in the parking lot of the Athens mall and there was a continous turning lane marked very clearly. I had pulled out of a auto shop and seen her sitting about 100 feet from the turning of the continous turning lane. I stiopped behind her 10 to 15 feet her and waited when she finally took off she was out of my line of sight 100ft. I knew this was continous but I been riding since I was 15 and I always look to make sure even though nobody could get in this lane except the people already in it. I glanced left started to let my clutch out as I was turning head back this was only fraction of a second out of my right corner of my eye I saw something I pulled in clutch my feet were still on the ground because I haven't moved yet. I never seen where she came from I was only maybe 6ft away from where I originally was. I felt my bike being pushed left It took all my strengh but I held it up then I was pulled right. It happened so fast I only had time to pull in clutch and hold my bike up it never hit the ground I was still going staight I had not made it near the turn yet. I got home and my wife told me what to do because I had never been in a accident on a bike or a car and I am 54. I could not understand at the time that not just the policeman that did not investigate the accident but was also kind of badgering me about what do you think happened. I told the police and I told Geico I could not even guess without a good day of recoup and studying the marks. It almost got ridiculous on trying to make someone guess or speculate on something I said 100 times I don't know. I did say I knew 1 thing I did not do nothing wrong for I never even made it halfway to where here bumper originally was. Nobody wanted to here that. Never experienceing a accident I thought nothing of it at the time. When the policeman come over to me and handed me a ticket for following to closely I kept saying I did nothing wrong the third time he looked at me and with a mad tone and said and i qoute You hit that girl How could a real police officer make such a stupid comment not only did he not investigate he made at least 15 additional errors! I always say once you start lying you make mistakes boy did he make alot. I told Geico when I got the police report and I e-mailed it right to them. He had where the accident happen wrong not one word that he put for what I said was true but he didn't even have her story right. Plus additional 15 or so other mistakes. I called all the time I told them about the marks only match one way I was backed into the right corner of my bike. Nobody has ever told me how can my bike hit the complete left side of her car and my bike was perfect match for someone pushing bike left as marks started down and went up straight then the other set of marks started sideways from back to front for that when she put it in drive and pulled me forward. Cut and dry not one person ever listened they concentrated on getting me to say I did something i did not. My court date was in 30 days thats how long they would tell me we haven't seen her car yet so we can't make a decision. But I found out in court there whole case was my insurance co. paid her I herd attorney ask her because I was not changing my story I was innocent and still am and can prove it still. I got right on the phone and called Geico and demanded to know when she got paid i told them i already know because of court. Then I was told around 6 - 8 days after accident i was told also it was over $600. And of course over 9months its changed so much maybe 5 different amounts and times and peoples names i never heard of she had at least 4 different adjuster on and on their story was different all the time My case has been opened and closed so many times I lost count. I assure you that there has not been one night I haven't had nightmares. Its crazy now I get a letter on just a letterhead someone threw together because not only wasn't what I said it did not even make sense. Then there is the recorded statement that I wanted to hear and Ashley Mancin said I don't think we could do that over the phone lines and she didn't know being disabled for so long I am a computer whiz and what she was saying was obserd. So she said she would send me a copy after several attempts I finally got the real taped statement which shows I said not one word that they have. So I finally got someone to tell me by accident when I said it was over 50 minutes she said oh no it like 18 minutes that is a doctored up tape. I demanded to hear it of course was refused and still being refused asked for a copy of the 18 minute one I was told I already had it. I even told the lady on the phone listen to the times starting and ending and all she could say was oh she was just wrong reading the time. This is only 1% of hell your Macon office put me through. one more thing I never was given a estimate on my bike. I have to sell my bike right away for the head injury I sustained 13days ago with both hips crushed whole back and my neck is so bad if I think about turning it I get blinding headaches. They pay a girl that is not insured by Geico and I can't get the right medical help because both insurance co. are dragging there feet and I am not happy I now probably never be able to drive again thank you very much
Dec 18 2007
GEICO INSURANCE GEICO MASTERCARD PLACED UN AUTHORIZED CHARGES ON MY CARD WOODBURY NEWYORKWOODBURY New York
I HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME GEICO CUSTOMER THEY ASKED IF I WANTED THE GEICO MASTER CARD AND I SAID YES IT ARRIVED WITH A $500.00 BALANCE WHICH IS USLES TO ME I LEFT THE CARD ON MY DESK NEXT MONTH I GET A BILL GOEICO INSURANCE IS CHARGING MY CARD FOR MY INSIRANCE I CALL THELL THEM I NEVER AUTHORIZED THAT THE CLERK SAYS HE WILL FIX IT I PAY THE CARD OFF (CAUSE I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE HE WILL DO ANYTHING) SURE ENOUGH NEXT MONTH THER IT IS GEICO INSURANCE AGAIN THIS KEPT UP TILL I FINALLY CANCELLED THE ACCOUNT AT THIS POINYT GEICO INSURANCE SAYS THE SENT ME A CANCELLATION NOTICE FOR MY AUTO INSUIRANCE THEY NEVER DID I THEN HAD TO TURN IN MY PLATEDS TO MOTORVEHICLE CAUSE GEICO TOLD THEM I HAD NO INSURANCE ( THE SECOND TIME SAME COMPANY SAME CAR ) FINALLY GEICO INSURANCE WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE NO CONTACT WITH GEICO MASTERCARD CALLS TO SSAY THEY WIL FINALLY STEEL THIS OUT THEH SAY I OWE NOTHING ON MY CARD ( I NEVER USED IT !)and they are sorry they offer nothing for the 2 weel]ks i was without my card and nothi g for the fees i incurred BUT i gave up tired iof dealing with the lies ......... tofday i recieved a bill from geico master card for my $4 .72 balnce due that now has a $19 .00 late fee and a 4.17 fee for god knows what this uis from merrick bank a famous rippoff company seems geico gave my info to a know problem company and they are at it again they claim they will clear it up before next bill ammusing since i haev no account anymore so why would i get a bill ??? I AM A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER IN NASSAU COUNTY I AM LICENSED BY NASSAU COUNTY IF I PULLED ANY PART OF THIS NONSENSE I WOULD LOSE MY LICENSE ANYONE KNOW OF ANYWAY I CAN GET THEM TO PAY FOR MY TIME TROUBLE AND FEEES BY THE WAY GEICO RAISXED MY RATES CAUSE I DIDNT HAVE CONTINOUS INSURANCE WHER IS THAT GECKO ILL KILL HIM Geico victim elmont, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: WOODBURY, New York
Jan 28 2004
Geico ripoff-theives and liars Nation Wide Nationwide
Before reading this remember that I have not had a single moving violation for over 6 years. Geico is a company of theives. I don't blame the wage slaves that have to give the company line, but the company is crap. With full coverage I have been the victim of two accidents where witnesses and absolute proof has been provided of the other drivers fault. It has been 2 years and neither of my deductibles has been returned in either case. No-one will return calls or has any idea of why I would want $1000 dollars back. my rates did not increase at the next renewal then but they will not explain what has happened to the deductibles. one year later I am on the interstate and the semi I am passing kicks a metal peice under my car at 70mph. After yet another deductible and Geico only had to pay out $150 in repairs.fine. but now when renewing my insurance my bill has been doubled! appparently this $150 dollar claim was a accident where I am entirely at fault. according to Geico this peice of road debris thrown at me by another driver I willfully hit the debris and they have reported me as having been at entire fault in an accident. These theives and Liars have taken more than a thousand dollars from me and are now reporting me as a accident causing driver, jacking up my rates because I used the insurance I have been paying for. My rates are now double over 1 peice of metal on the road which as far as I am concerned is an act of god or a True accident. which by the way they only paid out $150. You Monkeys from geico disputing the poor service should be dragged into the street. We swear and curse at you for good reasons, We do not have the time to spend 1-2hours on these calls. We do not need to call our lawyers to make statements over claims. I want my $1000 dollars back and a removal of any fault in a road debris accident. These Monkeys have made my drivers rating worse with other carriers as well Robert glenn St. Charles, IllinoisU.S.A.
Aug 15 2004
Geico Auto Ins. rip-off! Woodbury New York
IN 2000 I WAS REAR ENDED WHILE AT A STOP LIGHT. GEICOS ADJUSTER TOTALED MY CAR. I COULDN'T MOVE MY LEG AND WAS TAKEN TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM. THEY XRAYED MY BACK AND SENT ME HOME ON CRUTCHES. AFTER MONTHS OF PHYSICAL THERAPY MY ORTHOPEDIC SENT ME FOR A MRI WHICH SHOWED I RECEIVED A TORN MENICUS FROM THE ACCIDENT. IT WAS DETERMINED BY THE COURTS THAT THE DEFENDANT WAS AT FAULT AND WE WERE GOING TO COURT JUST FOR DAMAGES. LET ME MENTION THE DEFENDANT ALSO HAD GEICO AS THERE INSURANCE CO. GEICOS ATTORNYS CAME INTO COURT WITH FRAUDULANT EMERGENCY ROOM REPORTS. IT STATED THAT I SAID WHEN I WAS TRIAGED THAT I HAD A HISTORY OF A BAD BACK BUT THAT WASNT ALL THE ATTENDING EMERGENCY ROOM DOCTOR STATED THAT I SAID I HAD A HISTORY OF A TORN MENICUS AND BAD BACK. I NO I NEVER SAID THOSE THINGS, WHO WOULD. WHAT GEICO DIDNT NO WAS I HAD A COPY OF MY DISCHARGE PAPERS AND THE SIGNITURES OF THE DOCTOR ARE NOT THE SAME. I LOST BASED ON THOSE EMERGENCY REPORTS. GEICO WILL GO TO ANY LENGHTS TO WIN EVEN COMMIT FRAUD. LET'S GET A CLASS ACTION SUIT GOING AN NOTIFY THE ATTORNY GENERAL. Barbara staten island, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Woodbury, New York
Oct 06 2003
Geico rate quote games Washington District of Columbia
no experience with claims here but my one experience with their sales people makes me never want to do business with these people. They quoted me nearly 3x higher than my present carrier. They justified their outrageous rates with a claim of adverse report from Trans Union..don't see how it could be as I did not provide my SSI as I usually don't unless I intend to do business. Last I heard no SSI no report. There is no way that any report from Trans Union would have resulted in such a high quote as I know for a fact what the other 2 have on me. I get awesome discounts with Allstate due to a perfect driving record and multi policy discount so I am absolutely staying put. I have also dealt with Allstate on a claim last year on a broken windshield. Easiest thing I ever did. They even recommended a top notch glass company. Never even saw a bill. Something is not right here. Sharon Rochester, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Washington, District of Columbia
Jun 18 2002
GEICO Direct ripoff mistreated and ripped off Macon Georgia
During the last few weeks, my fiancee' and I have been dealing with GEICO Direct as one of the damaged party in a 5 car automobile accident. We both have some bodily damages, however neither of us have settled on that yet so that is not a part of my complaint. The complaint is that the car had some damages to the door and front quarterpanel on the drivers side. It is an older car, however we tried working with them to try and get the car fixed, however they said it had to be totaled and that if wanted to retain it that we had to get a salvage title. We offered to settle for less than the estimated amount inorder to retain the car. They refused! They have no local office to go into to turn over the title and pick up the claim check, and they refuse to pay for the rental car until we get the settlement so we are with only one car and only one of us can get to work. I have read several reports of GEICO's inablility to follow through with their injury claims and will be seeking an attorney to handle that part of the claim. I know that if I happen to hurt someone in an accident that I would want the insurance company, that I pay dearly to, to handle claims quickly and fairly. I will never even get a quote from GEICO for insurance and warn those of you who do. You may be setting yourself up for a personal law suit from an outraged injured party. Sharron Snellville, Georgia
Nov 26 2008
GEICO FINANCIAL Scam using GEICO's good name Toronto Ontario
Please be aware of letters being sent offering contest winnings, missing or recovered money from any varioation of Geico Finanacial. GEICO does not participate in these programs and is working to have these people stopped. If you receive a letter from any variation involving GEICO and money, call 800-841-3000 and ask to speak to any Special Investigation Unit member. DO NOT DEPOSIT THE CHECK They will then reverse it out of your account along with the rest of your money. Laysertag Macon, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Toronto, Ontario
Sep 03 2010
Geico Cancelled policy after car was taken without my permission Nationwide
I had been with Geico for years because they were the most affordable insurance company I could find until they changed a policy about payment.  They decided that to renew my policy, they wanted a down payment 30 days before the new policy even started.  Of course, I told them where they could stick it and went to their competition.  They hounded me for months trying to get my business back, and after 6 months with another company, they finally came back with a reasonable quote that didn't require an advance down payment. After almost 30 days of having this new policy, my car was taken in the middle of the night without my permission.  The car was found abandoned and towed.  It apparently had been involved in an accident at a convenient store when it backed into the door of another car causing approximatly $500 in damage to the other car, and no claim on mine (needs maybe a small bottle of touch-up paint). Geico then turns around and cancels my policy because the car was in an accident within 30 days of the policy starting.  What???  My car was taken without my permission and they cancel my insurance? Tell everyone you know to not use Geico and if they currently have them, sign up with someone else and cancel their Geico policy before something stupid like this happens to them!
Entity: , Nationwide