HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Homecomings Financial

There may be more reports for "Homecomings Financial"

For more results perform a general search for "Homecomings Financial"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 02 2007
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL RIPOFF PAYING OFF my MORTGAGE!! Waterloo Iowa
I have being trying to get my payoff on my mortgage since July 2007. This company customer service reps. questions me as to why did I want to pay my mortgage off. I have been given the run around from this company. You're on hold forever then the reps comes back to begin repeating things you've never said. It's OUTRAGEOUS!! Where in the HELL did this company get their Mortgage Licenses FROM!!! You have to wait on a call back before you can actually speak to a supervisor. The PRESIDENT of Homecomings Financial, LLC - Waterloo, IA; Florence, SC; Ft. Worth, TX; NEED to take some SERIOUS actions of getting this company on track. I pai d my bills on time and I expected them to give me my information that I need in a timely manner. Instead I'm having to deal with reps hanging up the phone acting very childish! It just burns me up to know a so call company of this maginitude let's this type of CRAP! go on!!! After asking for a payoff several times and was told it would take 24-48 hrs by fax, guess what they sent the payoff in 10 minutes of getting of the phone. So WHY??? Why should a customer have to endure this type of behavior! They shouldn't when they want their MORTGAGE PAID OFF!!!!!!!! Yolanda Batesville, MississippiU.S.A.
Jun 24 2007
Homecomings Financial ripoff dishonest scam fraudulant Co. Dallas Texas
We paid our monthly payments on time,never late,and the payment amount. All of a sudden we get a letter from the Co,s lawer saying we are being sued for not paying the last 4 mos. We went on line and checked our bank statements,ea. month! They were all paid. We had proof. So our bankrupcy lawer,which we filed ch.13 in january said he talked to the Co. lawer,and he said we owed $27.00 late fee? in april. Plus we did,nt let them know we filed ch.13? in jan. The next day our lawer calls and says if we dont come up with 8,500.00 in one day we have to foreclose. The rest is history! Geoffrey Easton, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Sep 05 2007
Homecomings Financial Excess Escrow Being Collected Waterloo Iowa
We are having some problems with Homecomings collecting escrow amounts far in excess of the actual taxes and insurance. My wife has a small house in another state. Her father, who is retired and on a fixed income, still occupies the house, and makes the payments. Homecomings recently jacked up the monthly amount going into escrow to cover taxes and insurance. The actual taxes and insurance amount to just under $200 per month, but suddenly they are collecting $325/month, increasing the payment by about $125. While this probably doesn't seem like a lot of money to some, it represents quite a hit for a retiree living on Social Security and a tiny pension. Numerous calls to their customer service line resulted in being placed on hold for up to a half hour at a time by people who don't seem to speak much English, followed by the call being cut off or sent back into their endless cue menu. When my wife would finally get one of these little fellows on the line she would ask for a supervisor, and was told there is no supervisor. Each one she talked to seemed to have been programmed to try to get rid of the call without actually addressing the issue or escalating it to a Tier Two level. Is anyone else out there having this problem?...Is this just some sort of scam being operated by Homecomings/GMAC to collect and use other people's money without having to pay interest on it? Harry the cat Clarksville, TennesseeU.S.A.
Nov 22 2007
Homecomings Financial non responce Dallas Texas
My loan was sold to Homecomings in December 2006. Has been messed up since. I have made numerous phone calls - at least 30, numerous E-mails from their web site, and two certified letters that have not been responded too. The original loan company sent over 3000.00 to homecomings in my escrow account in December 2006. By January 2007 (1 month), my escrow account was over 2000.00 NEGATIVE. My principal is not being applied to my loan (conversion of funds??), I have late fees and penalties now of over 500.00. I have asked for corporate headquarters phone number but was told by a (supposed) customer service supervisor that they did not have that number. I can not get any help from anyone I have talked to, and even with certified letters, cannot get them to respond. I have made every payment - principal, interest and escrow account, and can show it with bank statements. I bank on line so I know the date every payment has been sent. I have never been late. I am 52 and havee NEVER had a blemish - not even a late payment on my credit report until now. I'm frustrated, angry and don't have a clue as where to turn. I have talked with one lawyer and his reply was It's not even worth it for him to talk to me. Any ideas as to where to turn to now. Bill South gate, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Nov 07 2007
Homecomings Financial Take a look at this Minneapolis Minnesota
I just looked them up on the better bussiness bureal here is the web site for them. Take a look maybe we all should arite in to the bbb. http://www.mnd.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=96001037 Industry Tips Mortgage Industry Code of Practices In November 2003, a federal government settlement with Fairbanks Capital Corp., a major mortgage company lead to a code of practices that is expected to be followed by all mortgage servicing companies that want to avoid entanglements with the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The points of the agreement are that Mortgage Companies shall not: * Count their borrower's on time payments as late or assess them bogus late penalties. * Foul up their customers' home loan escrow accounts by neglecting to pay taxes and insurance on time. * Compel borrowers to buy a second hazard insurance policy at inflated premiums when they know the borrowers have valid coverage. * Wreck their customers' credit ratings by reporting false information about their delinquencies to the national credit bureaus. * Keep homeowners in the dark about how much they owe and when it is due. * Intimidate customers with predatory debt collection practices such as nonstop telephone harassment. * Stonewall borrowers when they seek account information or complain. * Refuse to work out legitimate delinquencies through forbearance arrangements that allow borrowers to get back on their feet, and stretch out or modify payment terms. * Stampede innocent homeowners into quick foreclosure. * Force customers to waive their legal rights as the price of avoiding foreclosure. For detailed information on the other aspects of the settlement or additional information consumers may go to www.ftc.gov. Laura Roberts, WisconsinU.S.A.
Entity: Minneapolis, Minnesota
May 24 2005
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL ripoff DALLAS Texas
I WAS WITH HOMECOMINGS FOR 5 YEARS, AND MADE ALL MY PAYMENTS. IF WE WERE LATE WOULD MAKE 2 THE FOLLOWING MONTH. EVERYTIME WE TURNED AROUND THEY REFUSED PAYMENT AND THROW US INTO A FORBEARANCE REPAYMENT PLAN AND JUST BEFORE WE FINISHED IT WITH MAKING EVERY PAYMENT THEY WOULD TELL US WE NEED TO DO ANOTHER ONE TO BECOME CURRENT. WE WERE SCARED AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS. WE ARE NOW WITH CENTEX MORTGAGE AND THEY'RE VICE PRESIDENT CONTACTED ME PERSONALLY AND SAID THEY TOOK ALOT OF MONEY UNOWNED TO HOMECOMINGS. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO TO RECOVER ALL MY MONEY. THE LAST YEAR WE WERE WITH HOMECOMINGS I PAID OVER 26,000 AND THEY WANTED TO PUT ME IN ANOTHER PAYMENT PLAN. SAID WE STILL OWNED FOR THAT YEAR. I AM VERY CONFUSED AND BROKE BECAUSE OF THIS COMPANY. PLEASE HELP. P.S. I DO HAVE 4 FOLDERS WITH EVERY DOCUMENT AND PROOF OF PAYMENTS I MADE. Chris woonsocket, Rhode IslandU.S.A.
Entity: DALLAS, Texas
Jun 01 2007
Homecomings Financial to get results Dallas Texas
To get results with this company i had to go the web page for rescap and call the phone numbers i found there. They went to the investmant directors office but he got me my payoff in 3 hrs compared to 3 weeks! I had fought with this company on and off for 5 years. My husband and I concluded that we would rather sell our home than deal with such a shady company ever again! But be forwarned they held our payoff for 3 wks and charged us $21.75 a day in intrest! I now am happily renting the home for half the payment homecomings was recieving!! IN YOUR FACE HOMECOMINGS!! Sorry for the burst of joy there! but please if you ever finance a home again work on your credit and go to a local bank! NEVER NEVER NEVER use a mortgage company ( who can sell your loan!) Homecomings is shady, decietful, evil, and will take your home in the process! you just have to be as determined as they are and keep calling and searching, RECORD ALL OF YOUR CALLS MADE WITH THIS COMPANY AND THIER LAWYERS!!! YOU MAY NEED IT TO BACK YOU IN YOUR PLIGHT! ALSO THIER LAWYERS told me on a recorded line that they were point blank holding our payoff until the end of the month so they could place us in foreclosure again and charge us another $1800.00 in lawyer fees! BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!! CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN OR WOMAN AND CLUE THEM IN!! Give them these web pages and demand that this company never be allowed to practice in your state!!! L aiken, South CarolinaU.S.A.
May 21 2007
Homecomings Financial RIPOFF SAYING YOU CAN REFINANCE DALLAS Texas
REcieved numerous letters and telephone calls from my mortage co asking me to refinance. I finally contacte Homecomings financial to refinance my house, since my interest rate is at 13%. I figured I was in good standing with this finance company, since I have been with them over 3 years. These finace companies would rather see a person lose their house than help them get a decent rate on your mortage. I believe these companies are out to ruin the working class of America. Something needs to be done to these companies. They give the adjustable rate mortages out light hotcakes and then people are out their down payments, any equity in their property, and any hopes to have a piece of the American dream. They told me they would have to pull a credit report when they had all the information in front of them, they said my credit score was not high enough and they couldn't help me at this time. I dont have a clue why I got my loan 3 years ago with no problem and now there is one. Craig JUSTIN, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: DALLAS, Texas
Jun 12 2008
Homecomings Financial Pedator Mortgage Company Dallas Texas
Everyone with a complaint about this Predator Mortgage Company, contact the Ohio Attorney General's office. I have filed a complaint with them and continued to write letter after letter. It finally paid off I was contacted by them today and was informed they have received many complaints against Homecomings and are investigating the manner. The West Virginia Attorney General took action against them and won for the people of his State. The more Attorney General's get involved the quicker they will go out. Julie Norwalk, OhioU.S.A.
85, Report #208829
Aug 31 2006
Homecomings Financial Homecomings Financial Rips Off Way too Many! Dallas Texas
My boyfriend has a homecomings loan. It was a 2nd mortgage. He was paying more than the amount due and the principal was never going down. He recieved notices that he owed $0. and kept paying his monthly amounts due to notice the acct was not decreasing. He got a cust. service rep on the phone once he got a note stating he owed $6 or $7 for some random thing. The acct rep told him that he had $$ in escrow and they were going to apply the payment. He was told he did not need to make a payment for the month ahead. that seems to be rectified. However, we recently switched banks. Started making the payments electronically from our account and homecomings has no record of it. Calls stating it will negatively impact his credit have started to come in. Our bank has provided necessary paper work showing they have the $$, We have provided the paper work, etc. We're still waiting to see what happens. He has now set up auto debit to our checking for the monthly withdraw. The acct. rep today said yeah we have all the paperwork but it hasn't gone into the cashier dept for investigation.. I left the guy a message that got your fax and told him to send it to the cashier dept. They have had the fax for 4 days. What is acceptable? We were told to not worry about the credit report that they would take care of all of it if it is their mistake. How can these employees not see or realize what they are doing to cover up bad business practices? S Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Feb 23 2008
Homecomings Financial, Homecomings Financial Have Not Treated Us Very Good Dallas Texas
we contacted homecomings about getting our mortgage ARM intrest rates lowered as they are sky rocketing, they took our infomation after putting us on hold many times and we faxed all our personal infomation to them and all we ever got was charged a 100.00 to our bill of which they never mentioned when completing our applcation call. we got no call back from anyone. we were very hurt as i have worked for General Motors a long time and this is a divsion of GMAC. Anytime that we were ever late on a payment we always payed our extra fees. their rates to us are still going up & we would not advise doing business with them because of our experiences. we also told them about all the bad we have read about them on the internet and they said we don't care about that. We were shocked. I guess its Buyer beware. Den portage, MichiganU.S.A.
Jun 24 2008
Homecomings Financial, Homecomings Financial predatory lenders with no soul! Waterloo Iowa
Homecomings Financial is about to foreclose on my house too. Starting at the beginning, they pulled the old bait and switch....told me they could lower my payment by at least $300.00 then when the time came to sign the papers they informed me they had to break it up into a first and second mortgage. I should have told them to take a flying leap then, but it was too late as I had purchased a car thinking I would be saving money (this was my own fault). I had no choice at this point but to go ahead with it. They charged me for insurance that I did not need for 6 months until I threatened to report them to the BBB. Also, because I am paid every 2 weeks and not on a certain date I incurred many late fees because my payment was a couple days late and these kept piling up. They were unwilling to work with me around my payment schedule. Then the worst thing happened, my mother who I had been caring for passed away and I had funeral costs that made me late again. I sent them a check for a half payment to be put toward my account. It was put in some holding pattern and never applied to my account. I instead had to make a full payment and a half to get current...plus more late fees. Finally, I was out of work for 1 month with tendonitis in my wrist causeing me to fall behind on everything. I have been trying to catch up but now they are threatening foreclosure because I am not able to keep up with the payments any longer. I have been trying to work out a plan to make up the payments and the best they could give me was 3 double payments to stop foreclosure. I secured this by giving them a check by phone. They took out a full payment which was supposed to come out starting 7/13/08 on 6/16/08. This caused my checking account to be overdrawn and now there is no possible way to make the next payment, when you add in the $300.00 in over-draft fees that I incurred as well. I am at a loss as to how to handle these people but I hope they enjoy their stay in Hell because they have put me, my 5 and 10 year old daughters and my girlfriend there now. If anyone has a suit agains these people I would love to be a part of it. I cannot believe that business practices such as these are allowed to happen. If you deal with these people I feel sorry for you, as they have no pity. Chris o. Vancouver, WashingtonU.S.A.
88, Report #200797
Jul 12 2006
HOMECOMING FINANCIAL ripoff DALLAS TEXAS
Homecoming Financial is A coldhearted company. I want to do a law suit on them if anyone have any information let me know! I was happy to buy a home now they go up on my interest every six month I'm barely making it. Depressed everyday. It's unreal. I need help bad! PLEASE HELP ME NICOLETTE Crossett, ArkansasU.S.A.
Entity: CROSSETT, Arkansas
Mar 09 2006
Homecomings Financial ripoff Dallas Texas
homecomings served us with forclosure notice in 9-05 said we had not made payments in three months.we proved to them we had and they sent us a letter that they had been applying payments to another loan and they did not know how this could happened but we should disregard the forclosure they had corrected there fault.they sold our house to themselfs on 11-05.to our surprize we recieved an illegal detainer summons on 12-05.we retained a lawyer and threatened a suit and disclosed the letter they had sent us they responded by saying that in 18 months we had entered into 5 repayment agreements and did not follow them and that the letter was a forgery.we never entered into a repayment agreement with them. we are forced to file suit against them to try and prove that they were at fault and hopefully we can save are home. Phil port hadlock, WashingtonU.S.A.
90, Report #132049
Feb 19 2005
Homecomings Financial Ripoff Homecomings foreclosures seem to be epidemic in Dallas, Fort Worth Texas
Where do I sign up for the class action suit?!? For the second time in less than a year we are fighting a foreclosure action by Homecomings Financial. The first time was the result of a single late payment (bounced a check, my bad) followed by a bill for $6,000 for unspecified late fees, legal fees, etc., and when I called to try to work things out (and find out what the $6,000 was for), nothing but full payment would satisfy!! This resulted in our filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy to prevent the foreclosure. We have not missed any payments since, and yet this company has filed again, requesting a removal of the bankruptcy protection so that they can proceed with the foreclosure, stating that we are 90 days in arrears on our housepayments and delinquent in our taxes! The most recent statement from them states that we are $12,000 behind in our payments. Our lawyer has forwarded copies of all of our payments since the loan inception and still they proceed, even with no grounds or proof of any of their claims! We have only owned our house for 22 months, and we did not start out with Homecomings -- we were unfortunate enough to have had our loan sold to them by the original mortgage company and our life has been a nightmare since! I have been online all afternoon researching this situation, and I have seen an alarming number of similar stories to mine all across the country, but especially in the DFW area. So sign me up, or tell me where to go -- I will be a willing participant even if not a dime comes our way, simply to be rid of these leaches and for the privilege of seeing them punished! Karen Arlington, TexasU.S.A.
Oct 18 2006
Homecomings Financial fire destroyed house and homecomings does not care.forclosed Dallas Texas
here we go once again homecomings financial has really done it now. not responding to my needs and putting force placed insurance on me . get this i apeak with a steve lawson a rep for homecomings and though they were going to finally work with me through my hardship which was by the way in may 2005 i lost my house to a fire and i lost everything. well after all that my insurance company cancells my personal property claim and just rebuilds my house. now i had to hire an attorney that was not cheep get an apartmemt pay for it as well as my mortgage and when i contact homecomings financial all they want is there money. icome up with the money at that time so they would not forclose .this happed in nov of last year now one year later back in the same situation and as i said at the beggining i spoke with mr steve lawson and i though he was working with me ,but a couple of weeks later i get a letter in the mail saying nothing what we discussed and now here i am again stuck like chuck. homecomings is a rippoff from h--- do not trust them. Eric SHELBY, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Jan 31 2009
Homecomings Financial Homecomings has PUMP FAKED ME AGIAN!!! Sunrise Florida
After dealing with these crooks for months, making phone calls,going to HOPENOW and finally using a Loan modification Company. I have realized that this company is simply in the business of keeping people in trouble with their loans. After reading scores of complaints on RipoffReport.com, how can it be that no orginizations news or whatever, has made an effort to expose Homecomings of these fradulent and misleading practices? I for one, after fighting, negotating, paying lawyers and a loan modification company, have become numb to their threats of forclosure. Its my experience that no matter what deal you strike with them, they find a way to alter it (i.e. taxes, extra fees, forced place insurances etc.) for some reason they always make honoring terms of the deal impossible for the homeowner. Yet the continue to operate nation wide without scruntiny. Customer service reps are rude and condsending, arrogant and I believe are trained to belive that YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! After a year of trying to get my loan modified, I was offered a settlement. Mind you it was through this loan modification company. I would not recommend a loan modification company without doing an extensive background check. Most of them were mortgage brokers who pushed the same loans the are now charging stressed people to modify. I was charge $1400.00 up front by them after extensive coaxing. I was told by them that the reason I could'nt do this myself was that the mortgage co. saw me as the problem. They also claimed that they knew how to get to the right people to get the modification through. So I took the bait. The modification took about 5 months. It was suposed to lower my intrest rate from an 8.9% adj rate mtg., to a lower 30 year fixed rate mtg. When I recieved it the intrest rate was lowered to 5.75%, however it was still an adjustabe rate mtg. When I called the loan modification company, They told me to look at the bright side. The loan was now current all arreages were tacked on to the back of the loan an you lived in the house a year for free. So not looking a gift horse in the mouth I signed the agreement. Even though it was an adjustable loan it was fixed for the first 5 years and taxes an insrance were to be escrowed. Well, after taking the deal my first payment was Jan.1, 2009. It was 2351.61 and was to include taxes and insurance. I made the payment thinking what a relief its over and everthing was back to normal. 29 days later I recieved an an escrow analysis statement saying I was in arrears. They added forced placed insurance and this increased my monthly payment to 2851.61 for the month of Feb. 2009. This means that the entire problem has started from the begining and I've lost a year for nothing. So I've given up, thrown the towel in,waved the white flag. I refuse to fight with them any longer, there seems to be no getting around Homecomings and their practices. Done with this Harold Sunrise, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Sunrise, Florida
May 24 2008
Homecomings Financial: A GMAC Company Homecomings sold my home and didn't notify me! HELP! Dallas Texas
Homecomings sent me a letter on 4/30/08 asking that I send them documentation so that I can work with them on my mortgage. I did this and called 8 business days later to see what had happened. They sold my home! I did receive a foreclosure notice telling me it was going to foreclosure, but not that they had actually foreclosed or sold my home. I was going to pay all that I was behind and next months payment and set up autopay for every month here on out and they told me they sold my house two days ago. Arent they supposed to let me know? It seems to me like I was intentionally mislead. Instead of getting together my paperwork for a workout with them, I would have petetioned to put of the sale date, but I didn't know about it! I knew I was getting the money to take care of this. Don't they have to tell me! Christinam Davison, MichiganU.S.A.
Apr 20 2009
Homecomings Financial Can't believe Homecomings is still going with all the bad service! Waterloo Iowa
I fell behind due to illness and I did a loan modifacition and homecomings said the only way to pay is to get a sertified check then over night the payment. So every time I get a check it costs $3.00 then every time I over night the payment it costs $30.00 which doesn't seem like a lot but the last four months Homecomings keeps sending my check back to the bank. When I finaly do get through to a rep they look at my account and ask me why I'm late and I have to explain myself every time! Then they say well we don't see where you had made a payment. Ugh what should I do? Erica burns, WyomingU.S.A.
Dec 03 2008
Homecomings Financial homecomings wants you to lose your home! Internet
Ok, here is the rundown of my terrible situation with homecomings. I purchased my home in nov of 2004 for 105, 000. its an older home (1964) it appraised for 115,000 so i already had a little equity in the home. i know now that i had an ARM (7.9%) ouch....anyway. During my layoff with the city in feb of 06 i find out that the city of det never had my homestead in the computer (although i have proof with the time/date stamped papers that i turned it in)...my payment was skyrocketing from 762.00 a month to 1800.00 a month because the city charged my mortgage company almost 10,000 in taxes for my 1200sq ft corner lot. i tried to get homecomings to help me when i saw this about to go to hell...they told me i had to be 3 payments behind. of course i could only keep up with that payment for a short time before giving up. i notified homecomings of the tax mix up and pleaded with them to look into it. the tax info is also public info listed on the city's web site...they wouldn't!the foreclosure process had started. a sale was set for sometime in dec 06. seeing chapter 13 as my only way out, i filed on nov 30, 2006. my bankruptcy case was NEVER confirmed. the city of det acknowledged the mistake, applied the homestead in the system in 06, but that still left the city owing a refund to the mortgage co so that my balloon payment would adjust. the city sent the mortgage co a refund of 3,000 and some odd dollars. that still left a balance of almost 7,000 to be sent to the mortgage co (homecomings financial). this case dragged on and on in court with the city stalling.....needless to say, the city NEVER AND STILL HAS NOT PAID THE DIFFERENCE! Homecomings finally got fed up and told my attorney from Negosian and Associates that they no longer wished to wait on the city and my payment had to be adjusted to cover the rearage (even though they could have done something to help, they didn't). My attorney gave me the fantastic option of readjusting my bankruptcy payment of 516.55 every pay (bi-weekly, which came directly out of my payroll check) to 900.00.....which would have made me pay 1800.00 a month (which is why i filed in the first place) or i could have the case dismissed and just re file in 6 months....which i am able to do because my case wasn't discharged. So....since I refused to pay d**n near 2000.00 a month in a mortgage payment for a piece of property in Detroit...i choose option B, the dismissal. now i am stuck back where i started.....no resolve with the bankruptcy situation....now that is on my credit for no reason...and my house with be going back into foreclosure soon....because nothing was done. the case was dismissed 2/4/08. of course because my payments were taken out of my check during the bankruptcy process...they were on time. i have not made any payment since the dismissal because they want 1800...they're not getting that from me. (A.) i would like to get a new mortgage and just move the hell away......(B.) refinance this home...get a lower payment with a fixed interest rate...and on a long shot..some cash back for improvements. (C.)say forget it....and end up in an apartment. those seem to be the options i have. my credit will really be smashed if this foreclosure goes through. oh yeah....selling the home would be great...but who can find a buyer in this market? so basically im left with having a bankruptcy and foreclosure on my credit...or filing again (which i wouldn't dare) and having 2 bankruptcies on my credit in less than 2 years. of course i plan on suing the city because of all the hell they have caused me, but that is down the road, because i have to deal with my immediate situation now......im sure i owe at the very least the exact same amount...if not more on the home that i started out with because of all the b.s. fees the mortgage co has tacked on. i would love just to get a new mortgage and just take the hit on my credit for the foreclosure if i can find funding for the new home. payment was never a problem...and was never late, until the city of Detroit turned my life into hell! i had no other debt listed under the bankruptcy plan except my home :( now homecomings is willing to accept 20 to 30,000 in a short sale for the property instead of just helping me...or listening to me in the beginning. the situation is still unresolved...its almost 2009! Nita detroit, MichiganU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Homecomings Financial
Entity: Internet
96, Report #319853
Mar 21 2008
Homecomings Financial Homecomings won't provide accounting or explanation where additional payments are being applied Dallas Texas
My problems with Homecomings has been ongoing since 1/07 when I fell one payment behind and attempted to make arrangements with them to catch up on the payment. I spoke with numerous reps and faxed over my financial information several times. They all said they never received the information. When I did get a hold of someone I believed would help me, I faxed over the info again and was told someone would contact me within 24-48 hours. Since no one contacted me, I contacted them again but got the same answer - they never received the fax and they could not discuss the account until they received it. I continued to make my payments each month and sent in extra when I could in an attempt to catch up. In 05/07 I received a letter stating I was in default and owed 2 payments. I contacted Homecomings and was told they could not talk to me until my payments were current. On 8/2/07 I attempted to make my payment by phone and the rep refused to accept the payment. She said I had to pay $7500 + or they wouldn't accept anything from me. I told her I wasn't prepared to make that payment and she hung up on me. On 8/6/07 I contacted them again and the rep agreed to accept $2600 by 8/24/07. On 8/24/07 I tried to make the payment online but the account was locked. I called them and was informed they could not accept my payment and was transferred to a different department. Someone picked up the phone and blurted We're closed and hung up. I called back and was told there was nothing they could do and I had to speak with loss mitigation. I called loss mitigation and no one answered the phone. I called customer service again and was transferred to loss mitigation again, someone picked up the phone then hung it up. I made several calls to them from 8/24/07 thru 8/28/07 to make the payment and find out why it was being refused but no one could help me and no one would accept the payment. On 8/29/07 I finally got a hold of someone that I thought was going to help me. She said I had to fill out a financial statement and fax it back to her, which I did. After discussing the matter she informed me that I would have to pay $2700 that day via Western Union and $2465 + each month (in excess of $600/mo over my normal payment). I sent the payment via Western Union as instructed and they acknowledged receipt. I believed the matter was now going to be resolved. On 9/8/07 I got a call from a real estate agent asking if I wanted to sell my house before the foreclosure went through and was informed Homecomings filed a NOD on 9/5/07. I called Homecomings and they said they did file the NOD but it was on hold so long as the payments were made. I sent numerous letters confirming phone conversations and requesting an accounting. I finally received an account history print-out and after reviewing it (totally confusing), I wrote to them requesting explanations of charges on the accounting, especially unapplied funds and why only the regular payment was being credited and not the $600+ being sent each month, along with disputes regarding late charges and other charges when the payment was made and posted on time. They have yet to fully respond to my letters from 10/2/07 and thereafter or provide any explanations of the charges. I also noticed they did not credit my 05/07 payment and I sent them a letter with copies of all the payments I made. To make a long story shorter, I made all payments as agreed and my payments were current. . . that is, until they returned my 02/08 payment and a letter stating the repayment plan was canceled as the payment received does not represent the correct amount as specified in the repayment agreement. Today I received a letter from them informing me they can no longer accept monthly payments and the entire balance of the loan is due and the full payoff will need to be remitted. I contacted them and they said disregard the letter, it was computer generated and my account is current. I would just need to make my February payment (which is now late) along with $1074 in late charges along with the March payment and the April payment is due by 4/10/08 and everything will be fine. My payments were due on the 29th of each month and they said since they canceled the repayment plan the payment is due on the 1st of each month so now my March payment is late. I have received contradictory information from them throughout and am at my wits ends trying to deal with them. They made it impossible for me to refi, my credit score has dropped substantially because of this mess and they continue to charge me late fees even though my payments have been made on time and other charges (without explanation) each month in excess of $700. The real kicker is they sent me a letter in 11/07 informing me my payment would increase $100 per month because of a negative escrow balance. My statements say I owe one amount ($290 more) and the online account on the website says I owe a different amount ($392 more). In 01/08 they increased the interest from 6.1% to 7.6% but won't clarify what payment amount I am supposed to make - the one stated in the letter, the one on the statement or the one on the website. I was told if I made the 02/07 payment via Western Union or mail it would be the lowest amount but if I paid it on the website it would be the highest amount. Also, according to the website, there are no late charges being assessed but on the statements they are charging over $800 for late charges even though I've made my payments on time each month. I sent ccs of all letters as well as letters directly addressed to Cyncoya Dillingham, Voice of the Customer, Homecomings Financial (BBB said to contact her to resolve disputes) but have not received one written response from her since I started writing letters in August 07. HELP!!! Anyone that knows of a class action suit I can get in on or has suggestions on a way to resolve this nightmare, I'd really appreciate the info. Even though I was current before they returned the payment, I don't feel like they're ever going to quit manipulating the payments and threating me with foreclosure as long as my mortgage is with them. Kris Fontana, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Homecomings Financial
Mar 03 2008
Homecomings Financial Include me in Class Action Lawsuit - Homecomings Took My Home!!!! Dallas Texas
Homecomings Financial placed a Forced Placed Insurance Policy on my property when I already HAD Homeowner's Insurance. As a result of this outrageous charge ($897.11 PER MONTH!!!), my monthly mortgage payment came up short each month. In September 2007, Homecomings placed my house in their foreclosure department. I've been dealing with them since then and have had NO success. I was able to get the foreclosure stopped once by making payments but when I've tried to get a detail of my payment history, it took months. When I submitted my reinstatement application, they declined it because they were still charging me $897.11 per month when they agreed that their Insurance policy was a mistake and was to be refunded! The straw that broke the camel's back was I was told by one of Homecoming's loss/mitigation reps that the foreclosure had been stopped because I had a credit of $1,613 on my account and an additional $1,500 that they could not find but said was refunded to me but it was not. I told the rep I would wire in additional money but when I called him (at least 10 times) to get the wiring instructions, he never called me back. I then received a notice stating that Homecomings had sold my house and I'm now in the process of being evicted. If someone could contact me immediately, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been told there is an eviction hearing on March 28th where I would like to appear to and appeal my case. Gabriel Bristow, VirginiaU.S.A.
Aug 16 2007
Homecomings Financial HOMECOMINGS HAS MADE OUR CREDIT AND PEACE OF MIND COMPLETELY ALTERED ripoff Waterloo Iowa
We refinanced our home with Homecomings Financial 8/05. We thought that they were going to be a great reliable company, since we heard good things about GMAC financial. That is when our nightmare began. Our very first payment which we made on time, was misapplied to someone elses account, and reported 30 days late to our credit bureau. Several months later after having to take a leave from work to take care of my Father, who had parotid gland cancer, and my father-in-law who has Lou Gherig's disease, we fell on hard financial times, and set up a repayment plan with Homecomings. That was 10/06, we set up the repayment plan on auto-draft to come out on the 30th of every month, which it did until May of 2007, when a customer service person there informed me that due to their new computer system and new account numbers at Homecomings somehow CANCELLED EVERYONE'S REPAYMENT PLANS! How could this happen to the people who are trying to make things right with them, and needed that security the most. The worst part for us is that on May 30th the payment was deducted from our bank account, but never posted to our Homecomings account. I have since then, called them 3 times a week since June 1st, faxed our bank documentation, showing that in fact they did receive our funds, and THEY STILL HAVE NOT CREDITED our account, and have been reporting us late. We are in the process of deciding whether or not to file for bankruptcy--this has greatly affected our home life, our work life, and basically everything we ever believed about the great American dream of home ownership. My husband has since developed high blood pressure, and the constant nagging to them on my behalf to credit the payment to our account, has caused tremendous stress, and taken time away from my 3 year old son, who doesn't understand, that instead of reading a book to him, I have to spend 3 hours a week on the phone with Homecomings to try to resolve this issue. This has been going on for 3 MONTHS! This is also not the first time they have misapplied a payment -- it is the THIRD! I am at my wits end on what to do, and we are seriously considering hiring an attorney to take care of this matter. Brooke Midland, MichiganU.S.A.
Aug 30 2007
Homecomings Financial Adding to Rip Off Info on Homecomings Dallas Texas
We have our home loan with Homecomings and when we tried to pay it off, we were told we would have to pay fes in excess of $40,000 dollars. This is after they initally told us we would only have to pay $12,000. Sam waukesha, WisconsinU.S.A.
Jan 07 2008
Homecomings Financial Homecomings Stole my house, Bankruptcy 13 and 7 Cincinnati Ohio
HOMECOMINGS STOLE MY HOUSE - HAD IT FOR 9 YEARS, WENT INTO CHAPTER 13 AND HAD TO CONVERT TO A CHAPTER 7 AFTER THEY PRESENTED A FRAUDULENT PROOF OF CLAIM TO THE COURT. I LOST MY HOME, MY FINANCIAL FUTURE IS NONEXISTANT, THIS AFTER RAISING THREE KIDS, SENDING THEM TO COLLEGE. THEY STOLE MY HOME, MY EQUITY THEY NEED TO BE IN JAIL. I HAVE FORWARDED RIPOFF REPORT TO GOV. STRICKLANDS OFFICE TO REVIEW AND HOPEFULLY GET THE GOV. INVOLVED. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE MEDIA HYPE BLAMING US - WHEN IN FACT, IT'S BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEYS THAT WANT TO CONVERT YOU FROM A CHAPT 13 TO A 7 BECAUSE THATS ANOTHER 1000.00 IN THEIR POCKET. I AM SICK AN TIRED OF HEARING, READING AND LISTENING TO THE MEDIA HYPE STATING THAT PEOPLE LIKE US SHOULD NOT TRY TO BUY A HOUSE WHEN WE CAN'T AFFORD IT, AND HOW DARE WE CHOSE A VARIABLE RATE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, LIKE WE SET THE STANDARDS, AND HAVE THE POWER TO INFORCE HONESTY, ESPECIALLY WITH COMPAINES LIKE HOMECOMINGS STILL TO THIS DAY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH DESTROYING LIVES. IS IT EVER GOING TO STOP! Mandy cincinnati, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio