INSTANT CHECKMATE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Instant Checkmate

There may be more reports for "Instant Checkmate"

For more results perform a general search for "Instant Checkmate"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Apr 29 2014
instant checkmate old info and some incorrect info too Internet
Info was old or wrong. So dumb me thought if I upgraded to premium I could get more...ha...what a crock! There was nothing newer than what I already knew from 3 years ago. I looked up my husband just to see what it said and I better not tell him we really didn't get married 28 yrs ago. When I looked me up it had the correct day and his name on it.I will start looking at things like this before I use online sites again oh and no refund! Gee I really thought I would get one (sarcasm)
May 08 2014
INSTANT CHECKMATE RIP OFF. DONT BE SCAMMED Internet
DO NOT waste your tiome or money  info is incomplete, out of date and inaccurate no marriage or div info for myself or my wife (this is our 2nd marriage)  no criminal records for 2 people who have long records and are currently in jail  had people related to my wife that we never heard of.  the list of issues goes on and on.  all they want is yourr $$ and they keep tryign to upsell you.
May 20 2014
Instant CheckMate More than $40 for nothing! Unknown Missouri
$22.86 for what the deceptive advertising leads you to believe is a full background report. They entice you and drag you along to finally say you need to pay an additional $20 for the real background information such as arrest records. I called and complained and ended up getting charged about $11. I cancelled my membership immediately - not worth it - don't go there! Even the additional $20 got me no information!
Entity: Select State/Province
May 28 2014
Instant Checkmate Complete waste of money and subscription scam Florida
needed background check on someone, got suckered into doing three separate reports only to find that none of them had any current information.  after paying it tells you that you have to do a check with any aliases separately, what a joke!  zero information that was of any use. fine print says they can charge your card indefinitely until you call them to cancel so guess who just got nailed for $80 in worthless information after realizing i was signed up for a subscription?  Beware, stay away from this company and find a legitamite background check service.
Entity: Florida
Sep 27 2015
Instant Checkmate TOTALLY INACURATE REPORT
Instant Checkmate results were totally innacurate.  They did not deliver even 2% of the info requested.  Instant Checkmate even had the wrong picture of the person we were searching for.  I called the company within 5 min of joining and  did get my full refund.  I would not have cancelled if I got all the results promised.  I shall see in 3-5 business days if my account has been credited as promised today.  This company is a total rippoff..
Apr 08 2014
Instant Checkmate out and out ripoff ! Internet
 Can not believe I signed for this without first checking their authenticity..However, I did.. For $29.95 I got absolutely nothing, a name and address , which i already had...nothing more..Than a request for premium services for more payment , which i ignored and signed off. Hopefully, i will not have the issue with recurring charges on my credit card as have so many others. Do I ever feel stupid !
Sep 15 2015
instant checkmate what a scam!!!!! Internet
this site is a scam! it promises to let you see who the person has texted and literally gives you just the address and everything else was viewable for free so you pay 5 bucks just to see someones address or info you already know!!
May 27 2016
Instant Checkmate Illegal charging on paypal account Nationwide
I initially used Instant Checkmate for the free one month trial and cancelled soon after I registered.  They charged my paypal account for 2 months before I caught the fact that they were charging my account.  I immediately called them and told them about my cancellation.  This was 15 months ago.  Yesterday, I got a notice from Paypal that Instant Checkmate had made an approved withdrawal from my account.  I immediately called Paypal, and they won't do anything about the withdrawal, they said I have to contact the company.  I contacted the company and am still waiting for a refund of, not only one month but two months of illegal withdrawals from my paypal account. If you cancel your subscription with Instant Checkmate, it does not mean they will not in the future try to charge your credit card or paypal account.  BE Careful!
Entity: Nationwide
Jan 30 2016
instant checkmate ripped off https://www.ins
Don't waste your time and money. These people are like snake oil salesmen. Keep you hanging on performing background checks, looking like a professional information service. Then the start asking for the money. Deleting only gets you popups to try a one dollar free trial for five days. Try and pay for it with paypal and they still want a credit card linked to your paypal.  Hmmm?  Maybe so they can keep charging monthly premiums even if you try to cancel?  Seems I've been a victim to similar scams in the past.  Stay Away from these con artists...................Stay Far Away!
Mar 05 2016
chkmate instant checkmate rip off Nationwide
I have used this website once. I have been billed for months that I didn't use the site again. I had unsubscribed the same day. I kept wondering where I was losing money until I really looked into my bank statement.
Entity: Nationwide
Mar 25 2015
Instant Checkmate Fraudulent practice. San Diego California
Instant Checkmate continue to remove funds from your bank account long after you have cancelled and received written confirmation of your cancellation. They just hope you won't notice their cash removal. Theft, pure & simple.
Entity: San Diego, California
Aug 07 2015
Instant Checkmate Does not provide basic information Internet
 I wanted to check verify if a particular gentleman is married. Basic information - married, kids etc is missing from this report.  BUT all the sex offenders that live 60 miles away in a different city are listed.  I don't care about that information.  It has nothing to do with the person. The report was filled with information that had nothing to do with the person and then no extra information is given beyond the free information.   Bait and switch?  bad advertising?  I felt ripped off.
Jul 19 2014
instant Checkmate useless completely outdated info Internet
This site is complete Rip Off Totally Useles and Outdated Info Don;t waste your money! I paid for the $1 trial memebership which immediately was charged the reg fee of close to 24.00.  Once they have your credit card number they will charge you 19.99 for each individual you search---that is for additional info other that address and DOB.  They call this a Premium Search    Information in the premium search is totally outdated.  Marriage licenses, divorce records, misdeameanor and felony charges I knew of a person were not in there. Some info over 5 yrs old. Sue Panama City,Fl
Jul 17 2014
instant checkmate Total waste of money atlanta Georgia
First, they have ridiculously long wait times, that are artificially put into the web site.  Second, the information they give you is total crap. I ran someone who I know has a criminal record, I even know where and the date, I just wanted to see if he had any other ones.  The one I knew about didn't even show up. Third, it was such an obvious scam site, that my first thought was, that even though I had signed up for a one month only deal, i thought it might be the kind of scam that would come back and charge my card again.  So I called and asked, and sure enough, they said they planned on charging me every month. I told them in no uncertain terms that nothing on their web site informed me of continuing charges and that I wanted my subscription canceld (15 mintues after registering with them and seeing their product was crap and fraud). They said they had canceled my account, but I will be shocked if I am not charged again next month and have to call thema gain.
Entity: Select State/Province
Jun 30 2015
Instant Checkmate bait and switch Internet
Talk about a rip off! Total bate and switch. They say they are going to give you all kinds of information on people that you look up. You have to pay to see the report and then when you open it, it has no real information. I could find more information just doing a google search.   After you pay they ask if you want to pay more money to get it in pdf form. Then, you open the report with no information and they tell you if you want more, you have to pay another $20?!?!?!?!  Do not waste your money.  If you did get this subscription, make sure you call right away and cancel it or they will continue to charge you!
Aug 09 2014
Instant Checkmate False claims for charges Las Vegas Nevada Nationwide
Instant Checkmate acvertises a 5-day trial period for $1.00 and claims by telephone (person's name: Leah) that the trial perod gives you all the information you would get if you had a 1-month subscription.  Then, I found out that the $1 only gave me the person's birthday, address and current phone number.  Both the address and the phone number are false. In order to get further information, the site tells you (in very pale printing) the you will be charged anadditinal $19.99 to ge the information your were promised for the 5-Day, $1 trial peiod.  They had alread charged an additional $1.99.  Bait and switch at its height !  A totally fraudulent operation.
Aug 05 2014
Instant Checkmate Misrepresentation Las Vegas, Nevada Internet
Instant Checkmate charged me over $22 and sent me an email confirming that my, membership with Instant Checkmate provides you with automatic access to run unlimited background checks on anyone you choose........from a number of data bases at both the local and federal level. I purchased this program to run a backgrond check on myself to determine if it would be worth my time to interview for a different job. Since it was unlimited I decided to run checks on my ex and his brother because of a court ruling that they stay sober around my daughter. I also wanted to check on my son to make sure he does not have a warrant for his arrest for missing his last 2 appointments with his probation officer. This program woukld not allow me to search anywhere other than KY and what I really needed were the records from Indiana.I called the company and spoke i called the company and spoke with Alex about my concerns and told him I would like to speak o his supervisor. he told me she was busy but would reimburse me  percent. I told him that wasnt good enough, I would hold for her. he came back a few mins later and said she said she would give me a full refund. She never did come tro the phone.
Aug 02 2014
Instant Checkmate Cancelled report, tons of spam now... Internet
I created a report and when they asked for money, I cancelled - after I submitted my email address.  I now get so much spam in my email...  Coincidence perhaps?  To confirm, I created a brand-new email account and started another report - which was also flooded with spam after I cancelled my report. So I would think twice upon entering your email address on this site.
Mar 19 2015
instant checkmate internet fraud does not appear Internet
liears, ripoff, after paying for one month I ran a sample test on my self, they came up with everyone but me  and kept charging more for something they already charged!!!and you can't get a refund for they make it impossible to track them down and also they keep track of your info of % of use you collect I highly recomend notto allow them to rip you off we need to stop these  theives from anyone more to get RIPPED OFF.
Mar 14 2015
Instant Checkmate Deceptive representation Las Vegas, Nevada
Numerous promotional links from other websites; user is induced to conduct a background check, without any indication of charges.  Only after substantial investment of time and effort, required billing is presented for payment, to access the resulting report. Most businesses are required to stipulate fee for service upfront.  This company preys on the notion that the user will have invested so much into the effort, as to be obliged to pay the fee.
Entity: Las Vegas, Nevada
96, Report #1203521
Jan 22 2015
Instant Checkmate Advertises 1 month but bills monthlyf Internet
USER BEWARE  The advertisement is for one month.  Read the fine print it is a rotating monthly charge.  Check your credit card .  I used it once last August and noticed a 22.86 charge on my credit card in Dec and looked back to see I had been charged each month.  When I called to complain they removed the last  month charge but was told to read the read the billing information where it states the  memebership will automatically renew if not cancelled.
97, Report #1206823
Feb 04 2015
Oct 05 2015
Instant Checkmate Worst background check ever Internet
I just tested the Instant Checkmate service by researching myself. Their report is inaccurate and they linked me with people I have never met. I use other services for gathering information on potential business associates. Instant Checkmate is the worst I have seen.
Feb 06 2017
Instant Checkmate Deceptive practices from A to Z Internet
I was planning to obtain the aggregated data from public record, and was willing to pay Instant Checkmate's advertised price. When I started the process, he price increased, so I navigated away from their page. Their sticky banner popped up offering me a $1 trial for 5 days for unlimited reports. That was okay, so I clicked it and filled out the form. I ran one report that held a lot of bad information (someone else with the same name). Another banner said that to get accurate and deeper result (I'm paraphrasing because I doesn't remember the exact wording), to click here. In all, I wound up with two bogus reports, 80% for the wrong people, and they tried to charge me over $50.00. When my credit card company sent me a message regarding fraud, I asserted that I did not authorize $19.99 and then $29.99 and another $2.99 - and they pended the charges. I called Instant Checkmate, and a rude lady told me to let her speak! I did, and she explained she would refund all 2/3 of the charges, and that I was mistaken in thinking I signed up for the $1 for 5 day trial. She interrupted me whenever I tried to talk, but I finally told her she was wrong. I signed up for $1.00, and that's all I would pay. She kept telling me I was confused, and since they had to pay the state for the records (which was another false statement), they couldn't refund the last $15 or $20 (whatever that amount was). I called her out, because they don't have to pay for public information. After telling me I was confused and that I never signed up for the $1 trial, I explained I had retired from a law enforcement agency, and knew she was lying. After researching this site, BBB, and other boards - turns out many, many people go through what I did almost verbatim. Their website keeps changing the dynamic, and you end up getting charged exhorbitant amounts for nothing. The information they aggregate (for free) is terrible, and they try to keep a portion of your money when you catch on - giving you some back to calm your angst. I've been a programmer for almost 30 years, and will return to the PC I ran this on to capture their pages - meaning I can prove they manipulate their website through simple forensics. This info will go to friends at the FTC and to the BBB. Avoid this company unless you want garbage at a premium price.
Nov 14 2011
Instant Checkmate LLC Instant Checkmate Totally Inaccurate info and cancellation routine is a scam Internet
Although I wrote this email to the offending company, the email I sent was bounced back as not able to be delivered. Here is my experience with Instant Checkmate: When I spoke to the Checkmate representative on Friday she said I would receive an email within 45 minutes confirming me cancellation of this service. That did NOT happen.As I told the Rep. your service revealed very outdated information for myself and others who I know well. The only reason I even agreed to what I believed to be a free 5 day trial offer was because your website suggested that I had some kind of criminal record (again incorrect/misleading info) so I was intrigued to discover what that info might be. No such records were found and I feel this was just a hook to get me to proceed with a membership.Your service is misleading and inaccurate in the details it provides. Something as simple as my own salary info was easily dated 5 or more years and was grossly understated. The Rep. said that updates to info are done every 48 hours which is completely false. People I know with minor criminal records came up clean in your reports and those who have no criminal records were made to seem questionable or your results were inconclusive. This service is worthless and I do not want to pay for inaccurate/useless information. The fact that I did not even receive the cancellation email that I was promised from your company is just further proof that this service is a scam.
Entity: , Internet