JUST BRAKES Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Just Brakes

There may be more reports for "Just Brakes"

For more results perform a general search for "Just Brakes"

Showing 26-50 of 131,173 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Just Brakes"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Oct 08 2007
Just Brakes Just Brakes...Just Crooks Colorado Springs Colorado
On Oct 5th, I dropped off my car (1999 Honda Civic w/ 58K miles) to get the advertised $99 brake specail to replace pads/shoes on all four tires. I received a call from the mechanic about an hour later stating he found a leak and several components of the brake system needed to be replaced and the cost would be $450. I told him I didn't want any of this work done...just the work offered for $99. He said okay and hung up. A few minutes later I received a call from the manager emphasizing the serious leak and problems with my brakes. I questioned him on the leak stating they were not leaking when I brought the car in. He said the leak was behind the dust cover and could not be seen, but the low level of brake fluid showed there was a leak. Knowing I just checked the brake fluid level less than 2 months ago I was very suspicious my car needed this kind of service so I told him I didn't want any additional work done on the car. The manager proceeded to tell me it was there policy not to change the pads/shoes on a car with a leak in the brake system because they could be liable if there was a problem. He said my brake system was a time bomb and the work really needed to be done. My front brakes were squeaking because the pad was getting low so I replaced the brake pads and shoes myself this weekend. I found no leak in the brake system, plenty of fluid in the resevoir, and none of the serious problems they indicated to me. I was very frustrated with being treated this way and I hate to think about other people they lie to that don't know any better. They are taking advantage of people's trust. Be carefull of their $99 special...it could cost you much more! Mike Colorado Springs, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Mar 21 2002
Just Brakes Just Brakes just wasted my time and stole my money dishonest ripoffs Memphis Tennessee
I took my Volvo to the Just Brakes on Union Avenue in Memphis on January 2, 2002, for a grinding noise in my brakes. Seven hundred dollars, four subsequent visits to Just Brakes later, the problem still isn't fixed. I'm at wits end with these people, and will never take my car there again. Juni Memphis, Tennessee
Dec 01 2003
Just Brakes Put Lives in Danger Lakewood Colorado
My wife noticed that her brakes were beginning to squeal. We live in the mountains outside of Denver and do some very treacherous driving to and from work each day. We called just brakes and set up an appointment. After reviewing the car, they quoted us $887.00 to replace the brake pads, roters and callipers. We said no because we thought the estimate was outrageous. We did ask them to just put on the brake pads for around $100 which they did. The next day my wife called me and said the car sounded horrible and was scraping. We immediately called the Mitsubishi dealership where we bought the car and asked them to look at the brakes. Later that day, after dropping it off at the dealership, they called and said, Did you know your brake pads were put on backwards? You've been grinding metal to metal. We asked them to repair the work and they did. The entire cost, including new roters, was $337. A far cry from the nearly $900 we were quoted by Just Brakes. We asked the dealership to put it in writing that the brakes were installed backwards and they did. We took the car back to Just Brakes and, of course, they claimed they certainly didn't do it on purpose. Come on guys, you only do one thing -- BRAKES. They gave us a Customer Service 800 number and said they could not refund our money at that site. It had to go through their Customer Service. Obviously, the scam is that when people refuse to pay their outrageous prices, they put the brakes on incorrectly, hoping you'll come back in and agree to the deal. They didn't expect us to take it elsewhere. Consumers beware! Had we not immediately gotten the car to someone reputable, we could have been injured. We are planning to sue this company. As of yet, we cannot get through on their Customer Service 800 line. Mark Evergreen, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Lakewood, Colorado
Apr 08 2005
Just Brakes ripoff Austin Texas
I had my brakes inspected by a small repair shop because they had been making a grinding noise. This mechanic said the rotors needed to be resurfaced and that it would less labor expense to have them done at a shop that had the equipment to do this without removing the rotors from the vehicle. Went to Just Brakes, explained the situation, and signed off on a $99 quote to do the work. 20 minutes later, the Just Brakes mechanic leads us back into the shop area to show us uneven wear on the calipers (in fact, said the left side rotor and calipers looked fine when the first mechanic I saw said both the left and right needed work...). It was explained that the uneven wear was due to a problem with the hoses, and of course those needed to be replaced. Another part needed to be rebuilt and the hardware on the back brakes needed to be replaced. $99 quickly turned into around $500 with tax, and then I get a call saying my CV joints are looking kinda bad and they could replace those while they're doing the brakes for $75 each. The CV joints don't NEED to be replaced right now, but according to Just Brakes it's going to be so much cheaper for them to do it right now while they have access to them... Just makes me wonder when I go one place and have one problem, then go to Just Brakes and they find problem after problem. I also noticed a rather defensive, rather angry, essay framed on the wall in the waiting room at Just Brakes. It was a general defense of mechanics against a public perception of dishonesty and a mechanic being less than human. It went on to compare mechanics to doctors and chide people for being suspicious and demanding when dealing with mechanics. Though it made a few good points, the overall tone was much too angry. I have a general idea of what they might have been going for by putting that on the wall but I don't think it has the effect they intended. Glad to see the link to this site comes up first on a Google search for Just Brakes. Wish I'd seen it sooner! Anonymous Austin, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Austin, Texas
Sep 20 2005
Just Brakes ripoff, false advertisement Garland Texas
Just Brakes is running an ad on the radio stating they'll replace front and back pads and turn rotors for $99.88. I pull in one day and sign up to bring my truck back in two days. Signing up consist of my name, address, telephone number and vehicle description. When I arrive two days later, the manager (Tim) tells me they don't stock pads for my vehicle. They'll need to call and get a quote for the pads and then he'll quote me. At this point I'm wanting to know why I wasn't informed of this when I signed up two days before. Tim comes back with a quote of $180.99, so I asked him why I wasn't informed of what they had in stock when I signed up. After all, the brake specialist that took all my information knew what type vehicle I was driving. Tim tells me, he probably didn't know, so I stated he might want to train his people better. Tim says ma'am, don't talk to me that way, and I say I'm making a phone call (calling my brother regarding the cost), and I'll let him know if I'm going to have my brakes worked on. The more I thought about it, the angrier I got. I asked Tim for his managers name, but he didn't want to give me that. I mentioned he didn't need to give it to me, I'd get it. Tim tells me I insulted him when telling him to train his people better, because he takes pride in his job. I had already priced pads and they're $80 for both front and back, and turning rotors are $36. When I mentioned this to Tim, he didn't have much to say. He did apologize for saying what he did, and I did tell him, I didn't like their way of doing business. He mentioned the ad states $99.88 in most cases, but I informed him, the brake specialist knew it would cost more, so why didn't he just tell me? I understand Just Brakes needs to make a profit, and I wouldn't mind paying if it wasn't for the fact of them KNOWING they DID NOT stock the pads for my truck. Here's something I don't understand. My vehicle is a 02 Dodge truck, which is a VERY popular vehicle, so why in the world wouldn't they stock the pads? When the brake specialist signed me up, he could have told me then it would be more than $99.88, but I guess that's how they get you in there, and in most cases people will pay. IN MY OPINION, JUST BRAKES SUCK! T Garland, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Garland, Texas
Jun 10 2005
Just Brakes ripoff Stockbridge Georgia
June 9, 2005 Just Brakes Store#344 5244 N Henry Blvd Stockbridge, Georgia 30281 On April 2, 2005, I took my 1998 Mitsubishi Montero to Just Brakes Store #344 to have my brakes inspected due to a grinding noise that was occurring over the previous 3 - 5 days. After inspecting my brakes, the Brake Technician stated that the brake pads would have to be replaced. The initial quote was $99.00 dollars although the price eventually escalated to $792.70. Approximately 5 weeks later, the brakes were grinding so bad that I was forced to take the vehicle back to the Just Brakes maintenance facility to get my vehicle's brakes re-inspected. Upon arrival to the Just Brakes facility, the Technician took the vehicle on a test drive to see what was causing the grinding sound from the brakes. After the test drive, the Technician stated that the brakes were fine although no additional maintenance was performed. Two weeks later, the grinding sound from the brakes was still present. Once again, I returned to the Just Brakes facility. During this particular visit, another Technician performed an analysis of the vehicle's brakes, and it was determined, according to the Technician, that the previous brake repair by their Technicians was incorrect. The Technician replaced the brake pads, and he also stated that pressing down all the way on the brakes is normal although he had just placed new brake pads on the vehicle. If I am not mistaken, pressing all the way down on the brakes is sometimes an indicator of bad brakes or low brake fluid. Nevertheless, this was supposedly a new brake job, and none of the previous items mentioned should have been present. Presently, it has been over two months since I initially had the brakes repaired at the Just Brakes facility, and my brakes are still not repaired to my satisfaction. Moreover, this is a safety hazard not only for me, but for my children that ride in my vehicle as well. Service of this type is totally unacceptable particularly for a reputable brake company like Just Brakes. In addition, it seems as if the Technicians are not competent enough to troubleshoot or diagnose brake problems especially when one of the Technicians was questioning the work performed by the Technician that initially repaired the brakes. In closing, I am going to report this lackluster brake repair service to the Better Business Bureau of metro Atlanta, and I demand immediate compensation for my time and financial loss. Sincerely, Alisa D. W. Stockbridge, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Feb 16 2004
Just Brakes ripoff Mesa Arizona
Iam a fellow Just Brakes employee and I must tell you that company is an heel hole to work for. All they care about is the money not customers or employees. Managers are paid a base salary of up to 500.00 weekly but they make alot of commission especially gross profit precentage. There are several managers in Phoenix alone that make over 100K a year that is no lie. There so called brake specialists are 6.00- 9.00 an hour guys, that walk in off of the street with no knowledge that they put to work. (They do help the total gross profit for the store though) There parts are some of the cheapestr around. They have some rotors that cost the store as low as $13.33, but in just brakes parts book it says to sell them between $60.00- $90.00. this is also the truth they have a set guide to charge for parts. Do not let them rebuild your calipers my ex-boss Roger Hobbs always ripped my butt for not selling them enough Its our biggest profit maker I was always told. Every care needs them. Thats bull, they dont. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAMERS AROUND Robert Gilbert, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Mesa, Arizona
Dec 09 2003
Just Brakes scams Lilburn Georgia
I own a 2001 Ford Mustang with less than 50,000 miles on it. I needed maintanence on my brakes and I knew it, so I went to Just brakes for the special that is always advertised. Needless to say, that was just to get you in the door. The mechanic completed a brake inspection and told me that I needed all rotors replaced, the front and back brakes replaced and that my calipers needed to be replaced for the low price of $725.00. When I refused, he stated that because it was at the end of the day, they could complete the work for $650.00. I still declined and instructed them to put my car back together and I would go to the dealership. The mechanic and his manager showed me some brake pads that were worn down on one side, stating that he want ed to show me what he discovered regarding my brake pads so I wouldn't think he was trying to get over. I told him I did not care, I would go somewhere else. I watched him put the worn brake pads underneath the counter, which is where he probably got them from to begin with, because when I left I had brake pads on my car. Hmm!!!! How could those be the same brake pads from my car, and I left with my brakes doing the same thing as before I pulled in. I went to the dealership and discovered that only my front brake pads needed to be replaced and my rotors turned..... A whopping $179.00 Dana Lilburn, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Lilburn, Georgia
Sep 17 2004
Just Brakes ripoff, liar, verbal abuser, Phoenix Arizona
Droped my car off at 3:15 pm. The manager said it would take a couple of hours. They had someone drive me home (since I lived 5 blocks away) and he said it should be done by 5:30pm and if I don't here from them to call them. 5:30 came so I called the store. He said that my car was almost done and will be on a test drive and will send someone to pick me up in about 1/2 hour. Knowing they closed at 6pm, I called again. This time I was told that they were given the wrong parts and were just doing the car and to give them an hour and half. At this point I said if the car cannot be ready and have me in it by 8:30pm to forget it and give me back my car. He said it will be done by then and will pick me up before then. at 8:30 I called again and asked for my car. He said someone will pick me up in 10 min. 10 min later, I call back and he said that my ride just left (I live 3 min from the place). I wait another 10 min and I call back. He yelled at me for calling so much - said he has to stop work and answer the phone (1- he does NOT work on the cars; 2- Mike was the only one that worked on my car)He hung up on me. I called the local police and asked if they could meet me there, because I could not get my car back. My friend called Just Brakes again, and he yelled at her and said my car only came in at 6:15pm (that would have been 15 min after they closed!) She told him that I had my car there at 3:15. He hung up on her. We both walked over to Just Brakes in the dark as it was now at 9:15pm and saw my car and another on a lift, and another car with it's hood up. Mike and a young man were working on the cars. Mike just finished my car and said he would have his boss come out and test drive my car. I told Mike to test drive my car since he did the work and I was going with him. He test drove the car and when we got back I told my friend to get in the car. I told Mike to tell his boss that he could wait for the payment just like he made me wait for my car. I also said that I will not pay until I have the work that he did checked out to be sure that it was done correctly. I also advised him that I was going to report the place. Anne Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Apr 04 2004
Just Brakes ripoff Decatur Georgia
I'm filing this report to make the residents of the Atlanta area aware of the Just Brakes scam. Please do not patronize this business, especially the Covington Hwy location. The store manager 'Chris' and the shop foreman are experts at lies and deceit. I was ripped off this Saturday (4/3) for $670 in charges I didn't authorize. The wording on their service contract doesn't clearly state what services are being authorized and they apply extemely high prices for parts and services you really don't need. In fact, I told both of them I didn't want any of the additional services perform, just the $99.88 special. They performed the work anyway because I sign a line that states I CERTIFY THAT I AUTHORIZED THE ABOVE TELEPHONE REVISED ESTIMATE. I did not interpret this statement as giving authorization to PERFORM any additional work. There was also a line that gives you a chance to accept or decline the estimate. After I told the 'Chris' I didn't want any of the additional repairs performed, he nelected to instruct me whether or not to accept the revised estimate in writing. Upon reading all posts about Just Brakes and experiencing first hand their way of doing business, I'm proceeding with legal action against Just Brakes, plus I'm having an attorney review their service contract. It was very misleading and the store manager didn't get all the signatures needed to perform any additional work. I would advise anybody that has been ripped off by Just Brakes to review the botom left corner of their contracts to see if the store manager obtained the necessary signatures to perform any additional work. If anything appears shady, contact a lawyer, don't just let them continue to steal our hard earned money. Just a concerned citizen Decatur, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Decatur, Georgia
Oct 01 2003
Just Brakes #340 ripoff Woodstock Georgia
took my vehicle to have the brakes checked they took the wheels appart and told me that i needed cilinders, brakes, springs, etc. the 99.95 job turned out to be $450.00 wich i refused and the reduced it to $ 380.00 witch it was still a ripp-off. whent to auto parts store were they got the parts and i was charged $39.95 plus labor for a $5.95 part X 4, plus brake pads, etc. will spread the word around this touwn about this ripp-off company. Angel woodstock, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Woodstock, Georgia
Nov 01 2004
Just Brakes ripoff Albuquerque New Mexico
This happened several years ago, but I am sure it is still going on. I needed brake work done on my car, so I went to Just Brakes and got an estimate of $98. As they worked on my car, the technician would come out and tell me that such and such was bad and needed replacement. Of course they wouldn't warranty any of their work unless I had all of the problems repaired. Finally, my car was finished. And all for only $404. I felt like I had been physically abused. About 2 weeks later, I was driving and saw another Just Brakes with a big sign advertisng Free Brake Inspection. What the Heck? I went in and had my brakes inspected. Guess what? I needed a total brake job, including another new master cylinder. I told them to go ahead and fix it, since it was under warranty. They asked me what I meant by that, so I showed them my paper work from 2 weeks previous. They got mad and told me to Get the Hell out of here. I guess that tells you all you need to know about integrity at Just Brakes. Frank Albuquerque, New MexicoU.S.A.
Entity: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Nov 01 2004
Just Brakes ripoff potentially catasrophic negligence Largo Florida
I had brake work done at this Just Brakes location prior to a long trip. The sales practices documented in earlier reports were done on me, and I had about $300 wrth of brake work done. The follwing day and approximately 150 miles down the road I experienced total brake failure at 70 mph on one of Florida's busiest highways. Were it not for blind luck I could have been killed or killed others. I called the number on my reciept expecting some kind of assistance. I was told they would consider reimbursing me for repairs, but getting them was going to be my problem. I had the vehicle towed to a dealership 14 miles away. The mechanic showed me the Just Brakes technican faile dto tighten the bleeder screw resulting in loss of all brake fluid. There's not much in life to prepare you for what it feels like to be crusing in high speed traffic , put your foot on the brake and have your foot go all the way to the floor. Marc largo, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Largo, Florida
Jun 22 2004
Just Brakes attempted ripoff Clearwater Florida
Just Brakes is being investigated for ripping off customers. My report is same song, next verse. I had a grinding noise coming from my front disc brakes. Just Brakes told me it would be $100 and take 2 hours. They called me in an hour and said it would cost $550 and gave me a long list of things that needed replacement. I told them to put it back together and I would pick it up. When I went back my brake system was scattered and it took some harsh words and 2 more hours to get my car back. Got the usual, not safe to drive, etc routine. Took the car to Pep Boys and they repaired brakes for $130. Richard Clearwater, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Clearwater, Florida
Jun 18 2004
Just Brakes ripoff on unecessary brake work Tampa Florida
in september 2002 my husband and i took my toyota 4runner to just brakes on n dale mabry in tampa florida. the mechanic removed my brakes and after about 10-15 minutes of inspection we were told that the vehicle needed over $500.00 of brakes work. we were taken back by his price because we were going in for the $99.00 special. we wanted the brakes put back on the car. ( we were going somewhere else for an inspection but did not inform just brakes of that ) the mechanic told us that if the brakes were put back on the vehicle would be unsafe to drive. neither of us wanted me driving an unsafe vehicle so we had the work done there at just brakes. after 20,000 miles my brakes still squeek and pull. Vanessa riverview, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Tampa, Florida
Jun 24 2002
Just Brakes ripoff Lithia Springs Georgia
This is my e-mail to Just Brakes today Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 9:28 AM To: 'custserv@justbrakes.com' Subject: Displeased Customer I am writing to say that I am very displeased with my experience allowing Just Brakes at Bankhead Hwy in Lithia Springs, GA., do my what should be a $99 brake job. I have a two year old Honda Civic that has only 35k miles on it (still under warranty) and the brakes just had started to squeak every now and then and had just a little give or play in the front. Normally, I go to the dealer. Since you guarantee your brake job 50k miles and do front and back for $99, I thought why not. An hour after signing the form and dropping the car off, the guy Chris calls me to tell me all these parts (everything in the brake system) needed replacing because they were rusted, worn, bad parts, and that the total cost would be $527.00. Told him then just don't do any work and I would take to the dealer and they could replace all those parts that wore prematurely and if they didn't need replacing then I would be calling or writing the home office because they told me I needed things that I didn't. He started stuttering then and saying that the dealer does not always fix things if they aren't broken. Okay, then why is this guy Chris telling me I need all these things replaced. He says it's suggested. Also, he called me back to say his boss says they already started the brake job and was going to at least do the $99 job I signed for. Okay, fine. He is right I did sign for that but I wished I hadn't. It is very uncomfortable knowing that these folks are working on my car and trying to tell me every component in my brake system needs replacing. Come on now, it may be possible but there is a one in a million chance. Maybe one or two things out of all but I don't even buy that. Please be assured the dealer will check my car out this week and if I have been told anything less than the truth, you will be buying this brake job or I plan to take this to Clarke Howard a nationally known news radio and tv, consumer report investigator who gets on the air with this stuff. Not only that, the Honda dealer told me they get several calls a week from people who have taken their cars to Just Brakes to be told the work will be some high dollar amount like $1,000.00 and that many things need replacing and they to have fairly new cars like me. I bought Honda for reliability and low maintenance. If for some reason all these things are worn out before 36k miles, then maybe Honda and I need to do some talking. Please know, I maybe a female but not short on brains at all. Chris wrote all over my ticket that I declined suggested repairs and that brakes may wear out prematurely. First of all, this sounds like your way of not wanting to guarantee the brake job 50k miles. You see, I wondered why if my brakes started to wear (factory pads at that) around 35k miles then how could you guarantee a break job 50k miles. I guess if I did replace every part in the brake system maybe it would last 50k miles and if it didn't then you made so much money off me to start with then why not throw some new pads and shoes on there in 35k more miles and let's do this again. Please, I am highly displeased with your advertisement and claimers to warranty. To many business want to get people in the door not many want to keep them coming back. I plan to do some homework here and find out all I can about your company, the brake job and suggested repairs to my car, and whatever I can. This will not go away with me. Total cost tax and all $108. By the way, I was told if I brought my car in around 7-7:30, would have back by noon, it was more like 2:30pm. Thanks, Alisha Re: date of visit 6/22/02 Alisha Douglasville, Georgia Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Just Brakes
Entity: Nationwide
Jun 24 2002
Just Brakes is a consumer fraud ripoff. Dallas, Texas
MY JOURNEY BEGINS ON A SATURDAY MORNING I TOOK MY 1999 SATURN JUST LIKE IT SAYS JUST BRAKES, I TOLD THE MANAGER THIS IS A FAIRLY NEW CAR SO I JUST WANT A BRAKE JOB DONE ON MY CAR, HE SAID SURE IT WILL BE AROUND 5:00PM BEFORE YOU CAN PICK IT UP, HM? SO HAD TO CATCH A RIDE. I GET A CALL AROUND 2:00PM THIS GUY NAME ISSAC ADVISES ME THAT I NEED 700.00 WORTH OF WORK DONE ON MY CAR. I TOLD HIM ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? I ASKED HIM WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CAR. FIRST HE SAID THAT THE BACK BRAKES WERE LEAKING BADLY AND THIS WAS A GET THIS STATE REGULATION THAT I WAS BREAKING. SO I ASKED HIM IF MY BRAKES WERE LEAKING SO BAD, WHY HAS IT BEEN LEAKING ALL OVER MY DRIVEWAY? HIS ANSWER WAS WELL WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING FAST THE OIL LEAKS THEN OF COURSE AND AS YOU ARE DRIVING IT GETS ON THE BRAKE PAD. SO YOU NEVER SEE IT? HE ALSO SAID THAT I NEEDED A SHIM KIT HELL JUST TO REPLACE EVERYTHING. I TOLD HIM NO JUST DO THE BRAKES THEN HE TOLD ME I WAS ENDANGERING MYSELF AND MY FAMILY. I TOLD HIM I KNOW MY CAR I HAVE HAD ENOUGH BAD CLUCKERS IN MY TIME SO I DO KNOW IT DOESN'T NEED ALL THAT WORK. AFTER I GOT OFF THE PHONE I WENT TO JUST BRAKES PAID THEM $96.00 AND THEY TOOK ALMOST 2 HOURS STILL TO GET THE BRAKES DONE. I DECIDED TO CALL THE DEALERSHIP AT SATURN AND HOPED THAT I COULD COME IN AFTER THIS BAD EXPERIENCE WITH JUST BRAKES THEY SAID YES, COME IN AT 4:00PM THE MANAGER WAS LISTENING SO OF COURSE THEY TOOK THERE TIME IN GETTING MY CAR DONE. FINALLY AFTER ALMOST THE TIME I NEEDED TO GET TO SATURN MY CAR WAS READY. THE GUY THAT DROVE MY CAR TO ME, HAD THE NERVE TO ASK ME TO BRING THE CAR IN TO DO THE BACK BRAKES. JUST BRAKES TAKES ADVANTAGE OF WOMAN. I WENT TO SATURN TOLD THEM AND SHOWED THEM THE RECIPT THAT JUST BRAKES HAD GIVEN ME, THEY WERE LAUGHING AND SAID LET US LOOK AND SEE IF YOU REALLY NEED ALL THIS WORK, OF COURSE I WAITED. THE SATURN MANAGER CAME AND ADVISED ME THAT THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CAR IT DIDN'T NEED ANY WORK LIKE JUST BRAKES HAD SAID IT NEEDED, ALSO SATURN WASHED MY CAR FOR ME, BECAUSE THE A-HOLES AT JUST BRAKES LEFT OILY FINGERS PRINT ALL OVER MY CAR AND INSIDE OF MY CAR OIL STAINS. ALSO THE DEALERSHIP SAID THAT JUST BRAKES DIDN'T FINISH THE JOB SATURN DID FINISH THERE JOB FOR THEM. I ASKED SATURN HOW MUCH DO I OWE FOR THIS? THERE ANSWER TO ME WAS NOTHING NOT ONE PENNY. I WAS SO HAPPY. I WILL NEVER GO TO A JUST BRAKES EVER AGAIN AND I HAVE STARTED TO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS ABOUT THIS AND EVEN PEOPLE I DO NOT KNOW DON'T GO THERE. I DO END ON A GOOD NOTE I HAVE REPORTED THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS. AND I AM ALSO GOING TO CALL THE LOCAL NEWS STATION ABOUT THIS. THIS IS NOT RIGHT, I KNOW IF ANYBODY OUT THERE IS LIKE ME I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY. Laura Dallas, Texas Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Just Brakes STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, its paid for!
Apr 04 2002
Just Brakes consumer fraud ripoff Addison Texas
About a month ago I went to your store #32 and had my 84 Z looked at. This guy who I thought was the manager broke my brakes down and told me that my calipers were shot and I needed new rotors. The total bill came up to be around $800. Now, I have the Nissan dealers manual for my car. Half of the bull he was feeding me I did not need. The only reason I brought it in was because it was cold that week. I waited till it warmed up a little bit changed and bleed the the brakes myself. Come to find out my emergency brake was too tight. But, of course the brake Specialist did not tell me that. This is the main reason I will help who ever needs it to avoid dealing with people like this. Ray Dallas, Texas
Entity: Addison, Texas
Dec 19 2002
Just Brakes ripoff fraud scam Phoenix Arizona
Just Brakes Tries to get you to agree to expensive repairs ripoff abused & mistreated ripoff business from hell cheated employees and screwed the customers even more ripoff business from hell abused & mistreated ripoff ripoff abused & mistreated ripoff business from hell cheated employees and screwed the customers even more con artist fake ripoff consumer fraud ripoff consumer rip-off fraud Phoenix Arizona ..... I sent to Just Brakes just for a brake reline. They had an advertised special and I decided to try them. After they removed my wheels the manager asked me to look at the brakes with him. He said that the front calipers needed to be replaced because they are applying an uneven pressure on the brake pads. The difference in the brake pads was less than 1/4 inch. Funny that it was consistant in both front wheels, not just one!... I knew already that he was full of it because there was nothing wrong with the calipers. He then said that the rear brakes were 'sweating' and the pistons should at least be rebuilt. There was no brake fluid at all leaking from the system. He had removed the dust bots and a mysterious slight clean coating of fluid had magically appeared that had never been there. And to top it off, it was on BOTH rear pistons. Imagine the luck! After I told him I just wanted the $100 reline and not the $400 brake repair job he had me wait in the waiting room. I watched as another customer was taken to his car and I noticed that the manager was pointing to the exact same things as he was with my car. When the customer came back I asked him what was up with his car. He told me that the manager showed him where his brakes were applying uneven pressure on the front wheels and the rear pistons needed to be rebuilt. He showed me the $400 estimate they had him sign. I told him that they told me the EXACT same thing and we must both have the same exact conditions on our cars.. imagine that! He ran back to the service bay and stopped them from doing all the work they said he had to have and instead opted for the $100 reline. My good deed done for the day, but those guys at Just Brakes are only out for Just Bucks. Bill Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Feb 06 2003
Just Brakes Dallas rip-off Dallas Texas
I was having some brake problems and took my car to Just Brakes. Initially they told me it would be approximately $99. I got a call later in the afternoon stating the total would be well over $500. I told the manager that I could not possibly afford that and he began to tell me horror stories about fluid leakage and possible brake failure. He basically scared me into paying a somewhat cheaper fee ($398) to get me back on the road safely, although he said that if I didn't have the other estimated work done within the next few months I would be in danger of brake failure. I thought I got ripped off because I was female. However, after speaking with other patrons of Just Brakes, I found they don't discriminate genders when it comes to ripping people off!!!! Vicki DESOTO, TexasU.S.A.
Mar 24 2003
Just Brakes deceptive ripoff advertisments Pasadena Texas
PART 1 DEALING WITH JUST BRAKES On a Friday morning, we took our car in for maintaince - the advertised special package of $99. I stress that it was only for maintaince as we were having NO trouble with our brakes. At the time that we dropped the car off, we were told that they would call us IF there would be any extra charge for anything that they may find. We told them that we were not going to be around a telephone all day so if they did find anything and IF it is not very much more than $99 to go ahead with the work. (As I mentioned earlier we were having NO trouble with our brakes, I could not imagine them finding anything wrong.) They told us that our car would be ready by close of business. We returned to pick up our car about 15 minutes before close of business. We were told that it was not finished because they had ordered the wrong parts for it. A little inconveinced we were, but we could live with that. What was hard swallowing was I asked if they knew what the total was going to be yet. Their answer... $953.85 so far. That is NINE HUNDRED FIFTY THREE DOLLARS AND EIGHTY FIVE CENTS! A FAR cry from the advertised package of $99. And then topped it off with a SO FAR. Needless to say, I threw a fit. I told them that they could undo everything other than the $99 special that we had asked for and we will pay and be on our way. They told us that they could not do that. The manager was gone for the day and we would have to talk with him in the morning. The next morning, I called and talked to the manager. He acted like So, what's the problem?. I told him $99 vs $953 is THE PROBLEM. He said that we HAD to have this and we HAD to have that and we NEEDED this and we NEEDED that. BLAHBLAHBLAH. He then said that all he could do is put the old rotor and drums back on and reduce the bill. We ended up paying $622.55. It was either PAY it or NOT get our car. We had NO choice. But the manager did give us a telephone number for corporate office. PART II DEALING WITH JUST BRAKES CORPORATE OFFICE First thing Monday morning, I called the corporate office. I explained my problem and was put straight thru to someone. He was very understanding and agreed that $953 far more than the $99 special as was the $622 that we actually ended up paying. He was going to check into it and get back with me. I felt somewhat relieved and really felt that this must be an isolated store incident and that corporate would take care of it. HA! I did not hear back from this man. I called again a couple of days later. Asking to speak to the man by name, was asked who's calling, whenever I told my name...he is not available, I can put you to his voicemail. I left message after message after message. My last message was please let me know if you can straighten out this matter or if i need to take it to the next step. He returned that message. Told me that he can refund $96.00 for bearings in front of rotor SINCE they had taken the rotor off but that was ALL he could do. He says that the store manager told him that when we dropped it off we said No matter what it takes...fix them. That was NEVER said. BELIEVE ME. Then corporate told me that now it becomes a HE SAY - SHE SAY situation. O.K. I can play that game too and SHE (me) will have MY SAY right here: PLEASE AVOID JUST BRAKES - THERE IS NO $99 SPECIAL - IT IS A RIPOFF. I will not stop here, I will find everywhere that I can post my story and do so. I do not appreciate being ripped off. Fortunately, I had the money to cover this but there has been times in my life whenever I was a single mother that there would have been NO WAY. If only ONE person is saved by these rip-offs, my time writing this has not been wasted. To help you make a better decision. Do as I did ( unfortunatly AFTER the fact) go to google. That is a search engine. Search for JUSTBRAKES. ( make sure you use the quotation marks) Look at what OTHER victims have to say about their experience with the advertised special from these jokers. I have only one question for JustBrakes? And that question is : WHY? Tammy Deer Park, TexasU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Just Brakes
Entity: Pasadena, Texas
Jan 23 2002
Just Brakes rip-off Roswell Georgia
Hello I took my 1997 Acura 2.2CL on 1/18/2002 to the Just brakes, Roswell; store #308. I left the car and the guy there said he would call me with details on what work has to be done. He called me in an hour and told me the following: - Brake pads need to be replaced on all four wheels and he would use Honda brake pads. - Calipers need to be rebuilt on all four wheels. - Shims need to be replaced - Hardware needs to be replaced. Do not what hardware he meant. And mentioned that the charge would be $640! Mind you, this car only has 55K miles and I am not a rough driver. I told him I do not want the work done and I would come take my car back. But, he said I've already started work on the car. He had earlier mentioned that he would call me first, give me a quote and then start work. I still continued to refuse. Then he offered he could work on the car in phases. He offered to rebuild just the rear wheel calipers and replace all brake pads for $420. Since, he was persistent and kept saying he had started the work, I had to say ok. The brakes were fixed and he presented me with a bill of $420 showing me the break down. On 1/23/2002, I took my car to the Honda dealer to get it checked up as I suspected this guy. The dealer says - Rear calipers were not touched, let alone being rebuilt. - None of the calipers need any work. And he was telling the front and rear ones need work. - The brake pads were replaced but were not honda pads. I was basically ripped of for $420 when it shouldn't have cost less than that. The person helping me on the day was Saul. I wish I had come across this web site before going there. Regards HS Click here to see other Rip-off Reports on Just Brakes
Entity: Roswell, Georgia
Jan 15 2002
ANOTHER Just Brakes NEAR victim
I wish I had read this site first. Here is the complaint that I just sent to JustBrakes.com and will be following up with a call to their corporate office in Dallas, TX. By the by, here's that number 800-445-7105. New car, one day out of warranty period (note that I said DAY, not mileage. The mileage is very low.) To Whom It May Concern: After having received 4 new tires at Firestone, I asked them to check my brakes because I had experienced some grinding. They said that the pads were 95% worn and needed replacing ASAP. ... to make a long story short... I went to Just Brakes because of the location - much closer than the dealership and I thought that, because dealerships are usually pretty expensive, I would take it to someone who specializes - boy, was I wrong on that one. I took my car into Just Brakes during lunch on 1/10, TOLD them that I was going to be taking it to Saturn for any additional repairs above and beyond the 99.88 special (he STILL tried to sell me a whole bunch of stuff), and he STILL installed the brakes incorrectly. I took my car into the dealership the SAME DAY (luckily, otherwise there would have been more damage) and they told me this. What incompetence! After I TOLD them that someone would be checking their work! I have submitted my complaint to Just Brakes and have gotten my dealership to put IN WRITING their findings for Just Brakes reveiw if they are interested. BUT WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T GO THERE. (of course, you're probably in my same situation and fiding out AFTER the fact-----like the rest of us) Leah Click here to see other Rip-off Reports on Just Brakes
Aug 27 2002
Just Brakes ripoff victimized many consumers Memphis Tennessee
Just Brakes does it again!!!! I fell into the trap with my '99 Buick Century. First I had the 99$ job done which went ok until I had to return because of an awefull clicking noise was heard from my front left brakes (going in reverse mostly and on bumps). The second visit I learn the first guys didn't put on the essential SHIM KIT or clips to hold the pad secure in the calipers. Shouldn't that just be a NO-BRAINER???? In addition to the 30 dollar shim kit they found that my rear wheel cylinders were leaking, the return springs needed replaced, new rotors needed put on because they were no longer in their bogus specs for thickness. This was just 3 weeks after my first visit in which a different location (but still Just Brakes) didn't see any of these things needed done. Is it possible my cylinders were actually leaking??? I'll never know. I told the guy I could in no way afford to get new rotors. In my opinion when I looked at them they were fine, no warping, no deep grooves, or hot spots. And you mean to tell me that rotors on a '99 have already warn down to below spec. NO WAY. I should have gone to dealer. This is the kicker and story that assures me that they're a scam. While I was in the second visit, a man was also in the shop with a '99 Dodge Caravan. I overheard them feeding him a line that he needed new rotors, new cylinders, pads, the whole deal... over 700$ worth of stuff. ON A '99??? I know Dodge makes better equipment than that. My parents own a '91 Caravan with 270,000 miles on it. NEVER had anything gone wrong that extreme with the brake system. I also know a guy that had over a 1000$ worth of brake repairs done by Just Brakes on a Jeep. WELL, the list could go on and on. PLEASE do not get trapped, be assurtive and tell them you want only your pads done and get a second opinion before they tear down your entire quality factory brake system and put on cheap parts in their place. I'm surprised JUST BRAKES IS STILL IN BUSINESS. Theresa Memphis, Tennessee
Aug 09 2002
Just Brakes ripoff business from hell Chamblee Georgia
Along with many others, I would like to report my distrust in Just Brakes. After I had taken my car to have brakes serviced on my Honda Accord, I was advised I needed services that were not necessary. I elected only the installation of front and rear brakes with break pads that were guaranteed at 24,000 miles. Because I didn't elect the additional services which would have amounted to much higher cost than I could afford, I was advised because I declined their recommendations I would risk the pads would wear much faster and would not guaranteed past 15,000 miles. Indeed, as of this very day and 15,000 miles later I have need of brand new break pads. This Friday I will be finding a reputable provider of brakes hoping my money goes much further this time. Scott Atlanta, Florida
Entity: Chamblee, Georgia