JUST BRAKES Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Just Brakes

There may be more reports for "Just Brakes"

For more results perform a general search for "Just Brakes"

Showing 76-100 of 131,742 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Just Brakes"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Feb 13 2006
Just Brakes ripoff Dallas Texas
I took my 2000 Ford explorer to Just brakes for the special of a 99 dollars brake pad and rotor resurface. I called ahead of time and verified the cost. This is the typical bait and switch tactic. I got to the store and the manager said, can you hang around so that we can examine your brakes with you? I said yes and they proceeded to take the wheels off and they brought me out. I examined the brakes and found that the left rear rotor was scarred and the brake was metal to medal. I was taken to the other brakes and they looked like they were only one half used. So, I was taken to the front of the store where the rotors were measured and was told that I would need a new left rear rotor and the four callipers would need to be reconditioned. 1 rotor would cost me 79.99 and the four callipers would be 104.00 each to recondition. I would also need two new rear brake hoses. I would also need to have the system bled and that would be 69.00. So, with the initial brake repair, it would be over 650 dollars! I told him that I just wanted the brakes pads replaced and the remaining 3 rotors resurfaced and then I suddenly had 3 MECHANICS staring at me all telling me how unsafe it would be to neglect the callipers. I told them that I would replace the left rear rotor myself and the reply was that it would cost the same in parts if they did it. I felt as if I was ganged up on. SCARE TACTICS!!! So I called the local (competitor's name deleted - see below) and got prices. The left rear rotor that was quoted at 79.99 was 35.00 at (competitor) - new. The caliper for the left rear that needed to be reconditioned at 104.00 was 34.00 brand new at (competitor). Let me think, reconditioned or brand new? I finally told them that I had mechinic skills and would take care of it myself. (I had been a mechanic for 6 years but was now a doctor and just wanted to pay for the 99.00 for the repair. Patients don't like greasy fingernails touching them). Finnially I had to raise my voice and tell them just to replace the four pads and resurface the 3 rotors. The 4th rotor would be out of spec if they did. Which I understood. When I Got home, I had allready purchased the rotor and the calliper. WHen I got the wheel off, the rotor popped off really easy and I was done with the repair and about 10 minutes. The rear calliper was functioning just fine. I have been driving for about 2 weeks now and all is well. Lesson: 1. Don't ever take your car to Just Brakes 2. Price the repair at your local auto parts store to see if you are getting the best price and don't get suckered for premium brake pads 3. Don't wear scrubbs when you take the car in, it'll make you look a little suseptable. My Fault!! After all was said and done, I spent 99.00 plus tax for the brake repair and 35.00 for the new rotor. 140.00 total. Not bad. Oh, I wore latex gloves and my patients are still happy. :} Good luck James Dallas, TexasU.S.A. sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Feb 15 2006
Just Brakes Ripoff Deceptive practices Spring Texas
Always the debate, pay the high cost going-in at a dealer or local shop - - or use these chains, and then hope you can battle them as they try to get back to those same high prices. I called first, and then went in with a common japanese car that was operating with no issues, but I knew it was probably time for brakes. I signed papers that said that if they found no other issues, they were authorized to do the front/back work for $99. On most cars, front/back brakes are not going to wear at the same rate - - so they have that initial tool on a well maintained car where they can first tell you that you only need work on one axle - - and now you are thinking they are honest. Well, they told me that, but also said one axle is $89 (both are $99?). If I still wanted to get the front done, it would not be the $10. No, even though they never said anything to me when I called or when I left my car, front pads for my vehicle were not in stock - - so that would be another $40-$50. For the one axle they first throw out $260 with a bunch of safety BS (remember, I had no noticeable problems), then gauge my resistance. They finally convinced me I needed hardware. So, basically, you go in expecting $99 for two axles, and risk spending $260 for just one axle (I gave-in at $130). If you spend any time in the waiting room, you start thinking you are in a telemarketer's office as you listen to these guys call their customers and try and squeeze extra $'s out of them. You might still end-up paying less here than at a dealer - - but you won't feel good about how they run their business, and will always wonder if you really got what you paid for. Bob Spring, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Spring, Texas
Feb 20 2006
Just Brakes ripoff life threatening Orlando Florida
On Nov. 28 of 2005 I took my 1994 Crown vic to be inspected because brake light was on. The car was left for fluid flush and inspection. Upon returning for my vehicle, i was told no problems found. Service rep Mark; road tested by Tony; work completed by (looks like wallace?)....Total price 43.83Now its Feb. 20 about 3 mos later, finally had a chance to pull the wheels and look for the sound weve been hearing forever...2 worn out rotors on the rear end and NO brakes on the interior sides of the rotors, braking in the rear was being accomplished by the metal that the long gone brake pad was fastened to!!!! I Called the store today and was very irrate and he (Ron...manager??? thats what he told me)....explained that he does all inspections and he wouldnt have let a car go out like that. (Funny his name doesnt appear on my receipt). I told him 3 months is a short time for this kind of damage. He said hes seen bad rotors and brakes in 2 months??? Of course nothing was offered to make things right. By the way when i left the shop after the repair, i made a phone call back to inform them that my brake light was still on....they told me that one of their old tricks is to put black tape over it! Darin orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Feb 08 2006
Just Brakes ripoff Dallas Texas
There are so many horror stories and I am shocked that no one warned me about Just Brakes. They are basically a legal scam out to only get your money. Why can't anyone just sue them for all they are worth or bring them down one way or another? I feel silly telling my story because it all has already been said and done and obviously there is nothing we can do about this. The only thing we can do is warn everyone and anyone. Michelle Dallas, TexasU.S.A.
80, Report #202538
Jul 23 2006
Just Brakes Advertisement RipOff Clearwater Florida
I needed new brakes & I knew I'd pay at least $100.00. I saw an ad for Just Brakes Pads & shoes for just $99.88. I thought that was wonderful so I went there. Well, I knew that they would need to inspect the current brakes to see if I needed either new pads & shoes or both. BUT, I was not prepared for them to DESTROY the front brakes just so that they may emphesize thier explanation as to why I should get new ones! When I say DESTROY, They litterally used a crow bar & hammer on them because they wouldn't just come right off! I was furious when I saw the mechanic do this! Well, after he managed to litterally smash both to pieces he told me that I need new front rotars along with the brakes & I told him that if he didn't use the hammer & crowbar on them that I wouldn't need new rotars. **I had new pads put on rotars that were in the same condition before on a different car.** Granted the rotars were rusty, but they were still useable. Then came the drum brakes in the back. Again he couldn't get the assembly to release so here comes the hammer again. Then the Mgr comes out & says the total in materials & labor would be around $800.00! I told him I can't afford that price, which was true. I only had about $600 available in my checking account. He made it so that w/ taxes it came out just a few dollars under $600. John Clearwater, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Clearwater, Florida
81, Report #192107
May 18 2006
Just Brakes ripoff Lilburn Georgia
About six monthes ago I took our '02 Honda Accord to Just Brakes in Lilburn. I have had this grinding sound from the front. Don't know what the H-E-Double-Tooth-Picks they did. I have just noticed all the complaints about them on the internet so I will not be taking it back to them. I try not to work on my cars if I don't have to but the way mechanics are... If you have ANY knowledge of Automotive repair, time and space to do it... You should. Just a few days ago I took my Jeep GC ot them, I was told the rear brake were on backwards, the Self Adjusting Cable was STRECHED (Steel Cable mind you)Simple physics... what the F@#*, They think nothing but chumps stroll in there. AND my door hinge was worn. Presented a $475 bill to me (with a strait face). Astrunomical prices on this stuff... Shoes-80, Drums-200, Cylinders-160. If any of y'all ever shopped at Pep boys you feel me. Long story short. I told dude he must be out of his tree, put my wheel back on, and I hit the bricks. Last night it cost me $10.99 and Two hours to fix the problem. Marc Lawrenceville, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Lilburn, Georgia
82, Report #208150
Aug 27 2006
I went to the Just Brakes on Aug. 26th, 2006 for brakes. I knew they were completely gone since I had to use the emergency brake to stop. I go it there just fine though. I told the guy the problem and he stated that he thought it was more than the brakes but that he would put me down for the $59.95 inspection (which did not include the brakes, so if all I needed was brakes later he would then charge me $99.98 on top of that) but I said to put me down for the brake deal (yeah, right) but to call me before any work was done with an estimate. I was called back alright. One of the scammers named John, called me later and first asked if I was sitting down. (yes he did) Then he rattled off a list of problems totalling $951.77(practically a whole new brake system x 2)! The items were: $99.98 to machine the drums change only the front pads and shoes(even though the special includes front & back), $149.80 for both front rotors, $356.80 for calipers, $42.50 back springs, $39.95 to bleed the fluids, $262.84 master cylinder (new) or $197.84 (rebuilt- which he said would only be guaranteed for 90 days). My alarm bells went off so I told him to not do anything and I'd have to call him back. I did not believe all that was wrong with my car, even so it shouldn't cost anywhere near $1,000! I then called AutoZone to price the parts. The parts are: Pads (front) $37.99 or $31.99 and back pads $12.49, back spring set $13.99, Rotors, $32.99 or $22.99 each, Calipers $47.99 (front)and $32.99 (passenger), Master Cylinder $89.99 (new) or $49.99 (rebuilt). I was told the total was $187.96 before tax. The guy at the AutoZone even told me that Just Brakes charges 3 times for the parts and jacks people up on the labor. He told me I could buy the parts myself and have someone out them on if I even needed them. So I called scammer John back at Just Brakes and told him that I was not prepared for such a sum and that I would be up there to get my car. He told me that he would not ALLOW me to take my car unless I had a tow. I told him who was he kidding, I didn't need a tow to get me there. He was beyond condescending and rude. I told him that he had no right to keep my car and he then said he would and he wouldn't let it go without a wrecker. He was just mad that I was not going to let him jip me out of $1,000! So I called the Kennesaw Police Dept. who then twice, xferred me to the Magistrate Court, once after some chick told me that her officer was not able to tell me if it was against the law to keep my car. Neither if which seemed to be able to help me. But the lady at the court stated that she thought the police should be the ones to help me not the courts. Your tax dollars at work! So I called Just Brakes again and told John to have my car ready that I was on my way to get it, he told me that he would not even take it off the rack until he saw a tow truck. I cannot describe with words how furious I was and still am! I arrived at Just Brakes and my car was still up in the air with the tires not even on it. Moments later Kennesaw's dumbest police showed up to support who????? Just Brakes. My sister actually saw the cop sitting in the adjacent parking lot when we pulled in so he was waiting to be tipped off that I'd arrived. I told the cop I was there to get my car and he said that I was right, they cannot hold my car but that the police could prevent me from getting on the road with an unsafe car. I told him I got it there and my sister would trail me... he gave me mad attitude and didn't wanna hear me out and flexed his muscles to try and intimidate me. I went off verbally at the scammers and the cop put his hands on me! He tells me they have no right to hold my car and then he does that to me! I began to walk to my sister's car then the cop asked me my name and I refused to which he stated he could have me arrested for obstruction if I did not give it to him. It took several minutes til I gave him my name but when he asked for my DOB I flat out refused.. But my sister and mother who were there were scared and intimidated and my mother gave him my DOB. The cop then ran a check on me! The cop then tried to prevent me from getting into my sister's car and then I told him that by doing so he was restraining me illegally. Eventually the other pigs, I mean dumb cops, he called for backup told him to step aside. My sister had called a wrecker and he came soon and even he knew what the deal was with Just Brakes. Like all this was not bad enough, when I got inside the car there was a box on my passenger seat and inside were parts from my car they did not even put back on it! But KARMA is a bad lady! What comes around goes around! NO ONE should EVER go anywhere near a JUST BRAKES! All this started because they tried to con me and I wouldn't be conned! Just Brakes is a RIP OFF of sick proportions and they should be closed down! The cops won't help you so you are on your own and so long as money is involved the cops will always side with them not you! You don't have to travel all the way to a farm to buy a PIG in the city. Any crooked grease monkey knows that. Now that I know about this site, I will check it before I go anywhere else you can believe that! Miss M Kennesaw, GeorgiaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Just Brakes
Entity: KENNESAW, Georgia
Sep 23 2006
Just Brakes ripoff Ocoee Florida
i recently went to just brakes to have work done, i know i was needing brakes, i had 57,000 miles on car.. mostly highway miles. so for 99.88, i figured what the heck.... i'll go there cause you all know the prices of dealers.. well i should have read these reports first, that 99.88 dollars soon was 529.00 dollars they said i needed wheel cylinders, springs and clips and new roters... i said forget it, so i went to the dealer and got brakes done for 167.00 and saved 362.00 hard earned dollars Wayne clermont, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Ocoee, Florida
84, Report #195917
Jun 11 2006
Just Brakes ripoff Scottsdale Arizona
I went to Just Brakes because I figured if they just did brakes, they should be the experts. They told me that it would only take them two hours to do the repairs on my car, so I decided to wait there. I was very happy to get my brakes put on and head down the road. My worst nightmare happened while driving down the freeway. My car didn't want to break and nearly loosing control, I limped to the nearest exit. Shaken, I called them. I was told that I had to go back to their shop or they would not honor their work. As I was closer to another Just Brakes shop, I slowly drove over there. I was told that the wrong pads and brakes were put on and I had some serious problems now due to their shoddy workmanship. More related problems occured due to the lack of their expertise. I finally decided to take my car to a whole different repair shop altogether. I would not recommend this shop to anyone. Fed - up Scottsdale, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Scottsdale, Arizona
Mar 04 2008
Just Brakes work not needed Brandon Florida
daughter went in for $99.00 brake special,upon safetry inspectionwas told she needed $600 additional brake work. she declined all repairs and picked up the car.when leaving there were problems with the steering. Just Brakes never tightened the lug nuts. when the car was taken to a company other than Just Brakes all that was needed was brake pads @ $40 plus labor. Marv orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Brandon, Florida
86, Report #320025
Mar 21 2008
Just Brakes Consumber Beware Houston Texas
I went to just brakes on march 7th of 2008. i went in because of the false special they have 99 dollar pads etc etc. This is just not true. this was actually the second time that i have taken a car there and shame on me for that. they did the same thing that they did last time which is once they get you in there you have to sign a paper stating that you agree to pay the 99 dollars to have the brakes done. then they take your entire braking system apart and bring you back into the repair bay. at this point they tell you how all of this stuff needs to be done. my total went from 99 to 452 quick. i told them all i had was 220 so they stated that they would do all the work to the front and put pads on the back but that i would need to come back. instead of going back i went and had a free brake inspection at another reputable company who in turned took a look at everything and stated that my brakes were fine. they also tole me at the reputable place that they have ALOT of customers coming in after going to just brakes for the same reason. they are the biggest rip off of them all. if anyone out there has a class action lawsuit going against this company i would love to be apart of it. Consumber beware do not go to just brakes. Dan katy, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Houston, Texas
Apr 24 2008
Just Brakes Bait and Switch Mckinney Texas
2001 Merc Cougar. 87k I took my car in to get new breaks. Joel (or Joey) told me it would be $170 for breaks and $40 for a break fluid flush (which I confirmed with another mechanic prior I should get). I argued about the $99.88. He said they don't carry my pads in stock so it costs more. I asked him the price breakdown of the 99.88 deal and he said they charge $49.88 for parts and $50 for labor on the $99.88 deal. I said then they must be charging me $120 for pads, or $30 each which I said is too high. He said they get it from a book. He also said they automatically add in like $20 when all the sudden it doesnt fall into the $99.88 category because they now have to look up the part and get it ordered and such. $25 for each pad is twice the price I can get them for at autozone. I guess I made him feel bad enough about the price, he called me back and told me they would take off the $40 for the break fluid flush. Sean Frisco, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Mckinney, Texas
Feb 22 2006
JUST BRAKES ripoff Litha Springs Georgia
I went to Just Brakes to get the Special $99.88 deal. I knew I just need new brake pads, what I got was a call from Just Brakes stating that my breaks was in serious trouble. I needed everything BUT brake pads. The attendant NOT the inspector gave me a list of things wrong with my brakes, I was assured that I will only need to pay the $99.88 deal from a guy named John on the phone the night before I took my car in. I made an appointment for 11:30 am. The car was not inspected until 3:00pm that afternoon, and it was a very quick inspection, I doubt if anyone looked at the car. However, the attendant told me the cost to repair my car was $914.00. I told them just to put the brake pads on, for the quoted price of $99.88. The attendant NOT the inspector called me back and said the inspector would not repair my car because he wanted to put a new roater on it. I know for sure my car just needed brake pads, not everything they wanted me to have. I am just angry that they can get away with this thing. Well I am saying a word against them. I am a single mom and I can not afford to be rip off by some company like this. You would think they would have your business if they did want they advertised to do, and maybe offer some suggestions for other repaires, but NO they have to rip you off right from the beginning. I am VERY UPSET, they could be doing this to a lot of women and senior citizens, who do not know any better. Abigail jacksonville, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Litha Springs, Georgia
Feb 22 2006
Just Brakes broke my car! Ripoff!! Tampa Florida
Well i went to just brakes off of dale mabry and I went for a check up on my brakes. Well they said okay, then they went on and they said my brakes were bad and i needed new ones. Okay so i signed up for it which costed 213.99 for all four. Which i was like um.....didnt the ad say 99.99? well back to the story. I got called over (from the manager) whom said well your rotors are some what okay, and your calibers are gone, and we can rebulid them for you, which is cheaper. So i said well whats the final price? well after everything was added up it came to a whooping 588.99. I said hold on, dont do any repairs until i come back. A few hours later i came back then said well i dont want anything done to the car and i want it back. Well this guy name Bow said well your too late since i signed the paper stating i'll get the brakes done. Well i called customer service and reported that im being held against my will. So in ten minutes i got my car back and no charge. Well today i brought it the dealership who took the car and said the only thing need done was the pads nothing else. Also when they took my wheels off 3 Wheel studs BROKE OFF!!! just think if i was driving and they broke?! it could have KILLED ME!!! so becarefull!! dont trust these guys! Berto tampa, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Tampa, Florida
90, Report #220348
Nov 13 2006
Just Brakes Performs unnecessary work. Houston Texas
I almost went to Just Brakes after hearing their radio commercial for their $99.88 brake job. Fortunately, I read these comments first and then spoke to a guy at work, Brian, who told me about his experience. Brian told the guy at Just Brakes he wanted the $99.88 deal and to not to find anything else that needed to be done. Long story short, his $99.88 brake job cost $200 and they wouldn't warranty the work because he didn't do all the unnecessary work they wanted to do. Brian said he never had any problems with his brakes without all the extra work Just Brakes tried to do to his car. Brian also said that he didn't see one person come in after him who paid $99.88. Some of the prices he heard were in the thousands, $1,200 to as much as $2,000! Sure, some people actually do have have additional problems with their cars which do honestly require more work, but, every single person who walks in the door? Be real. I just got my brakes done at Brake Masters Total Car Care, 4546 FM 4546 RD, Friendswood, TX, 281-996-7878. The price I was quoted on the phone by Ron Hedman, the owner, was the price I paid. Ron is super nice and I highly recommend him. Brake Masters only uses premium brake pads and they only do the work that needs to be done. Imagine that! Sure, Ron could have told me I needed rear brake pads too, but, he didn't. Instead he told me my rear pads are at about 50%. I paid $147.91 with tax. Ron showed me a copy of a Just Brakes estimate for one of their $99.88 jobs which was brought to him by one of his customers. The total cost was $614.79 and all the additional work was not necessary. I found out that when Just Brakes first opened in the Houston area there were so many complaints to the Better Business Bureau that a red flag went up and Just Brakes was busted in a hidden camera sting. It sure seems as if they are still up to their usual tricks and getting away with it. If you need brakes in the Houston area go see Ron at Brake Masters Total Car Care, 4546 FM 4546 RD, Friendswood, TX, 281-996-7878. Tell him Fred sent you. Fred League City, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Houston, Texas
Jul 23 2007
Just Brakes Bait and Switch Dallas Texas
They baited and switched me like everyone else. Whatever you do, please DO NOT use the links below to seek out Bennett Cloud the company CEO and commit an act of vengeance upon his greedy a$$ !! http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4362310 http://www.americanexecutive.com/spotlights/sl_03_07_JustBrakes.asp happy motoring people ! hahaha Huufarted Rodchester, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Oct 28 2007
Just Brakes Yes sales are important Dallas Texas
Just wanted to let all these consumers know that yes Just brakes is pushy and they also push their employees to sell un broken brake components. They are a non publicly traded company and the family is mostly involved in running the company. Their sales are over 80 million dollars per year and plans to expand the company continue. My advise to all is take your cars to more professionally trained ASE shops who will give you great work with a better warranty. If you pay 150.00 for brakes front or back it will be better quality. Also, just brakes mandates pushing for a 350.00 per car average on all brake jobs. Also, if you are tired of spending too much , boycott and spread the word, from a former employee...just say no to just brakes! Mustang Monroe, LouisianaU.S.A.
Feb 19 2003
Just Brakes ripoff scam and scare tactics Waco Texas
I went into Just Brakes for the regular friction reline. My brakes were a little squeaky in cold, wet weather but no obvious brake problems (i.e. pulling to one side, grinding noises, etc). Well I leave my car there for a while and then get a call from the guy (big, heavyset, with beard, dark brown hair) telling me that my brakes are in serious trouble. He tells me that my life is danger becuase my brakes could go out at any moment. He insists that I need $500 worth of repairs. Well I call BS on that and tell him that my friend will do the work for me. I had him check it out, and he said the pads were fine, and that it was a total scam. I went for 6 more months before changing the pads, and there was nothing wrong with my brakes at all. I have heard many, many complaints about that particular location in Waco. They are true scam artists and will do everything they can to draw in a sucker. DO NOT GO TO JUST BRAKES IN WACO, TEXAS!!!! John waco, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Waco, Texas
Jul 08 2004
Went in for a $99.00 brake job and walked away in excess of $500.00. I had no idea that this was a class action complaint until I heard that there were other dissatisfied customers. Lewis l. HUDSON, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: PORT RICHEY, Florida
Jul 20 2004
Just Brakes rip-off! Brandon Florida
I went into the Just Brakes in Brandon Florida to have only my front pads changed on my brakes and take advantage of their advertized $98 brake job. I was VERY specific that I only wanted my front pads changed and nothing more. I even stated that I do not authorized any additional work on my vehicle except for my brake pads regardless of what they claim they find. Well, I went off to run some errands and when I return to claim my vehicle 2 hours later, I am given a bill for $758 worth of work they claim my vehicle needed. I became very irrate and asked who authorized this work. I was very specific about what I did and did not want done to my car. I demanded that my car be returned to the original condition it was when I first brought it there because I was not paying for any of this work. They told me they could not put back all my original parts because they had broke them. So this left me no choice, I had to pay for this bill or I would never be able to drive my car again. My car was fairly new and did not require any of the work they claimed they did. I know pretty much about brakes having done them plenty of times before I was just trying to save myself some time, and I know for a fact that my car did not need any of this work done. Not only did they rip me off, now my vehicle is in WORST condition than before and I'm going to have to get my car worked on because of they messed up. Anton Tampa, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Brandon, Florida
Dec 24 2004
Just Brakes RipOff on Brake Repairs Phoenix Arizona
I took my vehicle to Just Brakes on 43rd Ave. & Bell Rd on 12-22-2004. They said I needed to replace or refurbish my front two calipers along with get new brake pads. The initial coast was going to be $479.00. I told them to just do the brakes for $99.98 as advertised. After about an hour passes the manager asked if they if they lowered the price to $200.00 would I want them to do the calipers. I still refused the additional service. I get my car back about 2 hours later. The very next day I am driving down the road when I hear this loud pop when I applied the brakes. I pull off the road to check it out, and foud nothing out of the ordinary. I get back in the car and begin driving. As soon as I applied the brakes I hear some more popping noise and grinding. I immediately took my vehicle back to Just Brakes the following day (12-24-2004). They tried to tell me that the calipers they advised me to fix caused the brake pad to break. I told them that they said it was the front calipers that they wanted me to replace/refurbish not the rear calipers. (The brake pad that broke was located on the passenger side rear). They tried saying that they advised me to replace/refurbish all calipers but he front two desperately needed to be replaced/refurbishd. I told them that is impossible. I have been driving this car for about one year and I have had nothing wrong with the brakes. I found it very hard to believe that by replacing the brake pads it would cause several damage to the calipers in which case causing the brake pad to break in less then one day. I told them to fix the brake pad that broke since it is under warranty and give the car back to me. I also told them I was going to file a report with their headquarters. (which I did) As soon as I told the salesman that, his manager called me back immediately asking if there was a problem. I was in shock by the question. I told him that it is highly unlikely that I would have any issues with my calipers and do not see the need for the additional work. I advised him that I didn't want to talk to him, all I wanted was his name and store number. He seemed a little in shock when I pretty much ended the call. I think he was more in shock when I didn't try to argue with him, I simply advised him to have my car ready and that I am filing a complaint. I got my car back after taking them near 3 hours to put one brake pad on??? The brakes seemed to work amazingly better then when I got the car back on Wednesday night (12-22-2004). Shockingly enough the emergency brake was even stiff like it was brand new, unlike it was on Wednesday. I ended up taking the vehicle to Brake Masters to have them inspect the brakes. They said that they looked good and the calipers DEFINITELY ARE releasing like they should and there is no needed to replace/refurbish them. The employee at Brakes Masters showed me the wheel and how easily he could spin it. He said if the caliper wasn't releasing proper and constantly touching it would be near impossible for a human to spin the wheel so freely. All in all Just Brakes is pretty much a rip off company that wants to try and sell you everything you don't need. I almost felt like I was buying a car they way they were hassling me and trying to bargin the price. Justin Glendale, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
97, Report #152010
Aug 01 2005
Just Brakes ripoff Canton Georgia
I'm a firefighter and my time to work on my own cars is limited, so when my wife's 2002 S10 blazer needed brakes I called around town. The best deal going appeared to be the friction reline at Just Brakes. We carried the car there one morning and decided to get breakfast during the repair. While the technicians were inspecting the brakes, I stayed around just to make sure no unauthorized work was being performed. I've worked on cars since I was in my early teens and had a clue what needed to be done. Since the pedal had a slight pulsation I knew the rotors needed to be turned and I had no way at home to do this, which meant a couple of trips into town taking up a good portion of my day. Anyway, the tech took me into the shop to walk me around our vehicle and began explaining the parts that needed replacing or rebuilding. Of course the pads were worn out (I knew that, that's why I brought it in) the rotors were worn too much to re-surface and needed replacing, brake hardware, and he was going to do me a favor and rebuild the calipers instead of replacing them to save me money. I didn't even let the man finish. How did the rotors become so worn down I asked. He said whoever did your brake job before cut them down too much and they are under spec. You'll have to take that up with GM, I've NEVER had brakes put on this car before was my reply. 60,000 miles and the calipers were worn out? (me). Happens all the time (him) Nice try, nice guy, but a liar none the less. Also turns out that if you don't let them do all the work they try to sell you their warranty is WORTHLESS. What did my car need? Pads front and rear ($70.00 at Auto Zone,) rotors turned ( by a reputable shop) and a little grease on the brake pins. Total cost ...less than a hundred bucks. And a little time for me to do the work. JUST BRAKES...... JUST CROOKS!Also , all the parts stores in town know about these folks. RUN AWAY!!!! steve ball ground, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Canton, Georgia
Jun 05 2007
Just Brakes Bait and switch ripoff Pflugerville Texas
I went to Just Brakes in Pflugerville TX, because like most of the customers i heard about the $99 brake job deal. My brake pads were making ocassional noise(squeeling) I drop my vehicle off in the morning around 9. About 12 pm i get a call from BILLY stating that i needed the calipers, the hardware and other items totaling $554.00. I stated i only wanted the pads on all 4 discs done. Then BILLY used scare tactics trying to get me to believe that if i didn't get the work done he recommended my brakes might not even stop the car eventually. I said fine do the brakes and hardware. I pick up my car around 7 pm after they had to work on it after closing. I noticed on my way home the brakes were squeeling anytime i even tapped them.( before it was only occasionally.) I go the next day and explain to BILLY he says we will look at it, they looked at it and said that it was the brakes that hadnt been worn in yet. ( i have another vehicle, that after a long trip the brakes were so bad that they were grinding without even applying the brakes, and all i did was replace the pads: PROBLEM SOLVED. And here is this person that takes people for idiots tellling me that its just the pads. 200 plus miles later still squeeling. I will keep posted after i go in and talk to BILLY. for the third time WHAT THE HELL EVER happened to getting something you pay for? I and many others work hard for their money only to get it stripped from us by these thieves. this is truly one of my pet peeves. It seems JUST BRAKES IS A RIP OFF AND BILLY is just the LACKEY that does the dirty work of doing the ripping off. Adam Austin, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Pflugerville, Texas
Jun 18 2007
Just Brakes ripoff fraudelnt Deltona Florida
I warn everyone in the Orlando area, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM JUST BRAKES!!! They get customers in the door with their $99.88 advertised low price to do all four wheels IN MOST CASES is the key word. If you drive an '05 Chevy Malibu, it's not $99.88 because of a non-stocking fee that they assess and it varies in price from an additional $50 to $600. I am a former employee of Just Brakes and worked as a manager and had to keep sales high in order to keep my job. As you can see, I am no longer employeed because I didn't sell enough. This company could care less about the customer, all they are concerned about is amking money. In fact, their company national average for sales $350 per vehicle. If they come at you saying you need to rebuild your calipers, replace from disc hardware, rear return springs, bleed, fill & adjust and any other long list of unnecessary repairs that is over $350, don't buy it!! They constantly have classes over in their West Colonial store (#623) about selling strategies and never concentrate on customer satisfaction. Don't go to the store in Casselberry off S.R. 436, the managers, Mike & Drew will pressure you & bully you into buying unneccessary repairs and will insult you intelligence (ironically, they are the #1 store in the Orlando market). When I worked there, I had a customer come in who had visited my store over a year ago, when another set of managers were there, and was so unsatisfied, he was going to call the media. That was one of the many reasons why I was let go because I wanted to make him happy and try to fix his stated problem which was never fixed and he spent over $2000 on his vehicle. The market manager, Jeff Turner, told me over the phone when I was confronted regarding this that there are hundered of other parts that could fail on the vehicle and it could have worn out when he left the shop and WE didn't notice it; basically encouraging people to come back and spend even more money out of them. They also live by their phone track which is 2 8.5x14 papers that you are supposed to say verbatim when a customer calls. In fact, you have to memorize it and write the whole thing down in 10 mistakes or less or you don't have a job there. Another reason why you can not trust this company is because they hire people who are convicted felons and on probation from things such as theft, possesion & DUI. These ones steal from the company and will steal from you. The store in E. Colonial by Dean Road has been reported to the BBB over 30 times within the last year. The N. Orange Blossom Trail store has incompetant technicians who have no idea what they are doing and the management changes like the seasons in the year. Same thing for the Winter Park store (only 4.76 miles apart from each other). My advice to all Central Floridians, stear clear of Just Brakes, if you want to save yourself the headache & aggrevation (not to mention being insulted) of Just Brakes. Chris Deltona, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Deltona, Florida
Jul 20 2013
just brakes lied, stole, & manipulated denver Colorado
I went into this business in November 2012. I needed my brakes changed, oil change, and new wiper blades. After taking a look at my brakes the manger came saying they needed to replace something else on my brakes in order to change the pads. Me being a lady and not knowing much about cars I trusted them. It was an extra $130 on top of the $99 groupon special I had for the brakes. They took 3 and a half hours to do this although they said it would take an hour and a half. I left and as I was reaching home I noticed my oil light was still on....did they even change my oil? It was snowing shortly after that. I turned my wipers on and one flew off!! I took my car back to the scammers and they reset my oil light and assured me the oil change happened. They said sorry and I left.  The first time i went there they told me the brakes might still squeak for about two weeks. So, I patiently waited the two weeks for my brakes to stop. They got worse! They sounded worse than before I got them changed. I did not want to cause a seen or get myself all worked up so I waited. Soon my car started to shake uncontrollably whenever I pushed on my brakes. This time I had my husband handle the situation. He went to this terrible business and they said their work was fantastic but our rotors were now bad. I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 FYI.... As my husband was looking over everything he noticed the math didn't add up!! That's when they admitted they overcharged me $90!!! How does a business over charge their customer that large amount with no explanation?! Today the manger Anico calls me saying he cannot refund me the money they over charged me because it was too long ago and all I'd get was service from them so they could fix the rotors!! Wtf. I said I know you can give me my money, I requested to speak with his manger MIKE WISDOM. He said he'd have him give me a call but I could only get more terrible service from them and not my money they stole. I didn't want them to lay another finger on my car. Five minutes later...yes five, Aneco calls again saying it was approved and I should expect my check in the mail in 3-4 weeks. Funny how he said it couldn't be done. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. DO NOT TRUST THESE GUYS WITH YOUR CAR. THEY LIED, STOLE, AND TRIED TO MANIPULATE ME. BELIEVE ME THEY AREN'T WORTH THE HEADACHE. PROTECT YOUR CAR FROM THESE FRAUDSTERS! DON'T LET YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY MAKE A MISTAKE BY GOING TO THIS BUSINESS. On the phone they wanted to know why I was upset...does this sum it up? After all of that you still wanted to keep my money that you guys stole. Run yourself like a reputable business and maybe you can keep people coming back and you won't have to scam.Thank you and goodbye.
Entity: denver, Colorado