MATCH.COM Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Match.com

There may be more reports for "Match.com"

For more results perform a general search for "Match.com"

Showing 76-100 of 471 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Match.com"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Sep 23 2004
Match.com ripoff video service theft fraudulent billing McAllen, Texas Internet
I signed up for a free 7-day trial of Match.com's video service. I tried to cancel a few times prior to the 7-day expiration period. Each time I tried to cancel through the web site, I was redirected to a page that did not include cancellation as an option. I finally emailed Match.com to cancel and asked for confirmation that my request was received. On the 7th day, I received the confirmation that my trial membership was cancelled. However, my account on Match.com showed that I was still subscribed for one month. On the eighth day, I went to the web site and was finally able to reach a page to cancel the free trial. I was automatically billed for one month anyway. When I emailed Match.com, they responded that I did not cancel in time and they did not give refunds. I sent them a copy of their email confirming my cancellation on day 7, but have yet to receive a response or credit. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. Bruce Los Angeles, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: McAllen, Nationwide
Jan 22 2002
Read the fine print before you sign up with Match.com Plano Texas ripoff
This firm has an automatic renewal policy. You are not given any notice that your time is up nor a warning that you are going to be charged. I signed up for one month and was charged for another after the 30 days. The only way I found out about it was when I called my credit union and they confirmed that my debit card had been charged.
Entity: Plano, Texas
Nov 10 2008
Match.com, Nikki CHARGED CC AFTER CANCELATION Dallas Texas
I reopened my account on July 24 2008. I cancelled auto renewal Aug 2. On October 24 They charged me $59.95. I tried to email them as soon as I seen it on my statement but never got a reply. I emailed AGAIN and still never got a reply.. I called today and the rep Nikki. Told me they are no refund and that it is in the agreement. I told her how the account was not auto renewal She said since I used it- it was auto renewal.. I told her when I cancelled auto renewal. She again stated they are no Refund She then said I used it Oct 21 She this stated since I used it I can not get a refund. I said I didnt use it since it renewed! She said oh yea, ur right but we dont refund I asked to speak to a supervisor! She never transferred me! She then said they can refund 24.95 Thats not even HALF of what they took! But that sure puts the question in the air of the whole no refund I am extremely pissed. This company is ripping off ppl left and right and nothing is being done! W1kd U'town, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Jul 14 2008
Amateur Match.Com Suspected it was Bogus Internet
I set up a profile on Amateur Match several months ago. Since then, they have been trying to get me to join as a paid member much like other sites of this nature. The suspicious thing is that I get about 5 or more emails a DAY. The tip-off that something is strange is that a typical message will show a photo of a very attractive young woman, and a message that says Please contact me, you're just what I've been looking for or a variation. (My profile says I am looking for a casual, non committed relationship) When I click on the person's profile they are much older than the person in the photo, sometimes with different hair color also. These profiles often say they are looking for a long-term committed relationship or marriage, which means they couldn't have really read my profile. Also, there are people posting on Craigslist who give a link to this or another pay site and when you look them up, there is no such person. Musicguy St. Louis, MissouriU.S.A.
May 04 2009
Amateur Match.com Don't Be Fooled Not real people Internet
I posted a profile at this site and immediately became suspicous when I received virtually identical responses from several different women. The responsese are computer generated from another site, (lonelyfemalesclub.com) & I assume the pictures of the women in the profile were created in Photoshop. All the messages promise pictures cel phone #'s & dates with the computer-babes for a one time registration fee of $26.95. Don't go there because once they have your cc # I am sure they use it. over and over. Fortunately, when I received the exact same message from two different people I figured out that it was a form letter generated by a computer. I am sure these folks are stealing lots of money from lonely desperate guys being ripped off by the cyber-pimps & virtual whores! This site needs to be shut down Steve Portland, OregonU.S.A.
Aug 07 2009
Match.com Fraudulent Use of my card Dallas Texas
On about the middle of July 2009 I noticed a charge on my bank account for 29.99 to match.com, it was also refunded the same day. Neither I or my wife signed up to their service, and when I call them, they won't give me any info about the fraudulent account. Their standard response is send an email to resolutions@match.com No phone number to call - nothing. I am attempting to get the ip # of the computer that put through this charge so I can have the rat bastard that did this thrown in jail. Obviously match.com realized it was fraudulent - or they wouldn't have reversed the charge the same day. BUT what's got me furious is that my marriage is now in jeopardy - and if I lose my wife over this - I promise heads will roll. Pissed off Caledonia, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Aug 03 2009
Match.com false winks sent to two people simultaneously Chicago Internet
It has happened to me twice in the last month - I would get an e-mail notifying me about a wink that another user sent me. I check their website, and apparently I winked at her and she winked back at me two hours ago. Except I wasn't online two hours ago. The first time this happened I was willing to chalk it up as a glitch in their system. The second time, I e-mailed the other person, asking if she had sent the wink. She was kind enough to reply - she had not sent the wink. I have to conclude from this, and from looking at other reports, that match.com is manipulating its own system in order to keep users from unsubscribing. A. c. Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Jul 13 2009
Match.com They offered a money back guarantee. Dallas, Texas
These people are liars and robbers. I subscribed to the 6 month star package at once because it was offered to me with a guaranteed success or money back guarantee. Needless to say, or I wouldn't be filling this complaint, no success was obtained from the services offered by match.com There was no permanent or stable contact with any of the contacted users. When I inquired about the guarantee, they told me that I would have to wait 30 days AFTER the expiration of my subscription. Such thing never came to be, I sent a message a few days ago and it remains unanswered to this day. On top of that, I received to highly suspicious contacts from women wanting to marry me without having even met the first time! After hearing reports of Match.com paying people to date the clueless victims, it all makes sense, the guarantee is sustained on the condition of having been exchanging constant messaging with contacts, here you go, they pay somebody to contact you on a constant basis for a while and you can say good bye to your money back guarantee. Stay as far as you can from this online dating company. Otomo MedellinColombia
Mar 31 2009
Match.com Advertise Refunds and Then Refuse When Asked For Internet
I signed up for match.com and then realized I would not have the time to follow through, or the interest at this point, etc. Anyway, I cancelled 2 days later. They have a policy to refund your money within 3 business days. Here are copies of the emails that I sent them and their response: (There was a bunch of other random, computer generated, stuff as well talking about how to cancel, etc. Nothing about what I was asking about so I'll only put the pertinent info.) Me: Signed up and got rid of my subscription within 3 days. Was still charged and have not received anything saying I will be refunded as promised. Not happy about how difficult it is to contact anyone and amazed at the numerous complaints about this company. Please tell me that I'm not one of the many... Response: Thank you for contacting Match.com. We received your inquiry regarding a refund. Match.com maintains a no refund policy, therefore we are unable to process a refund on your account. (And then more computer-generated stuff about how to resign the account...which has already been done, so again, stuff that I don't need to know about) Me: Just to be clear, you are saying on this email that you have a no-refund policy but on the website you say you will refund within 3 business days. Just so I can post this on the Internet and let everyone know and move forward towards claims of false advertising and involve the thousands of people who are rightly pissed off with you people. Thank you for your understanding. I haven't been involved in such a clear case of lying and deceit. I truly cannot believe this company is still in business. If anyone reads this, do a random search about customer satisfaction with this company. You'll be amazed! Or maybe not... Brian Akron, OhioU.S.A.
Jan 30 2009
WMV*Match.com Hacked, Rip-Off, Thieves Internet
My husband and I have a joint account and when I checked it yesterday, WMV*Match.com had debited $34.99 on January 27, 2009, without authorization. I called the 800# listed and it was Match.com, the dating website. They did not have me or my husband's name in their system nor any of our banking information. I'm guessing they retreived my our debit card number through our online purchases. We had to call our bank to have the charge removed and cancel the card. This is very scary, knowing it's not safe to make online purchases because of crooks like WMV*Match.com. Ebony Wilmington, DelawareU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Nationwide
Jan 03 2010
match.com Misleading Guarantee + Uptight Profile Guidelines + Too Expensive Internet
I have been a member of match.com off + on for several years.  When I started it was $99 for the entire year.  It was fun.  As time has gone on it has become more expensive and now I am told it is $60 per month.  There are many other better websites out there such as plentyoffish.com, which is free.  Match.com has a misleading website that says join for free, however you can't e-mail anyone for free.  Also, they claim to give you 6 months free if you don't find your match.  What they don't clearly tell you is that they give you the NEXT 6 months free, not the 6 months you just paid for.  They are a total rip off!!!!!!  I also had several problems with them in the past where I canceled my account and it was their fault but they kept on billing me.  They are JERKS!!!Also, my profile was one day mysteriously removed and I am not sure why.  I suspect it was because I asked the men to wink at me (for free) if they are interested and they probably want men to e-mail so they get more money.  When I wrote to customer service they asked me to send a subpoena for the records of why my profile was removed.  WTF?They are more interested in MONEY than LOVE.  I hope a class action attorney gets in on this for their misleading false advertising.
Entity: , Internet
Jul 20 2010
WMV*MATCH.COM Unauthorized debit card charge Texas
There was an unauthorized debit card charge to my checking account today (July 20, 2010) by a company calling itself WMV*MATCH.COM. When I began to do research on the company I found several complaints about this company attempting to steal money from bank accounts dating all the way back to 2008. What I do not understand is how they have gotten away with it for so long.
Entity: , Texas
Jul 10 2011
wmv*match.com unaithorized credit card charge Internet, Texas
Aftre getting home from a weekend away with my husband to celebrate out 40th wedding anniversary, I checkd my credit card online.  To my surprise there was a credit card charge and an offsetting credit on my credit card from wmv*match.com.  I called them and they verified that a charge had been made, but that due to a techinical error they corrected the charge and credited my credit card.  So how did they get my card information, name and address??  This Texas base company when I live 1500 miles away.  Could it have been when I bouth my cowboy boots back in March in Texas and the clerk was having some difficulty processing my credit card?  In any case that card has been reported compromised.  But mvw.match.com did not provide me with a good enough explanation so BEWARE and watch your cards if you use them in Texas.
Entity: Internet, Texas
Jan 03 2011
Match.com Fraudulent Charges to My Debit Card , Internet
I got online today to check my bank account & found a charge from WMV*Match.com for $34.99. I have never been on this site so I knew immediately that the charge was fraudulent. The charge was then immediately refunded to my account (both transactions were pending simultaneously). I have no idea who got ahold of either my card # or my acct. # or why it was refunded. I did some research online & apparently this has gone back to 2008 & this person or people are still getting away with it. According to reports, when Match.com is questioned by individuals regarding their charges, they give them the run-around & refuse to issue any information of the issue without a subpoena. Something seriously needs to be done about this! It is a serious security issue to everyone because it has been happening for 2 years & nothing has been done! In this day & age, we all use credit/debits cards to make purchases in stores, to pay bills, to shop online, etc. Someone needs to find out how this is continuing to happen & put a stop to it. Match.com should be held responsible for their part and take action. Even if it is an outside person using the money to set up fake accounts on their site, they need to be proactive and handle the issue instead of sweeping it under the rug & hoping it will go away. Obviously it's not going away!! I would like to see this issue resolved once & for all. *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account that someone wrongfully takes it from you! EDitor's Suggestions on how to et your money back! HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO: Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E. According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days. If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges. Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent! DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get. And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state. Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth. If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.
90, Report #719716
Apr 19 2011
Match.com Keeps paying customers who sexually assault women Internet
I met a man off Match.com who seem like someone innocent. First date was ok. Second date he sexually assaulted me. I emailed Match about my complaint. I never heard a word from them. They are responsible for screening people on  background checks whether they're married or not. Married men who cheat may be violent to other women. It's about the money and Match won't stop to check. I'm a paying customer. This is ridiculous!!! I've already read the story of the L.A. woman and her alleged rape. Her story is similar to my ordeal. The internet is not safe. So is Match!! Other predecessors follow.
Entity: , Internet
Jan 18 2011
Match.com 6 Month Guarantee Rip-Off Dallas, Texas
After my 6 month subscription expired, I called match.com and was told that I didn't email at least 5 people a month. I didn't find 5 people a month I was interested in on match.com. Seriously, I thought the idea was to be matched. I could randomly email 5 people a month and save my money. Why didn't I see any criteria for this guarantee until I called match.com? To be fair, match.com could program a status update or something to let me know I was expected to email undesirable persons. How cruel. In other words, email 5 loosers a month and lead them on just to get a free 6 months, even if they aren't interesting. No thanks.
Jun 17 2011
MATCH.COM A B.S. DATING SERVICE FOR REAL LOSERS DALLAS, Texas
MATCH.COM IS A RIPOFF DATING SERVICE.They read your private mail you send to other people.Because you are usng their data bank, they claim they havethe right to read your private mail.There are far better dating services. Problem is, it has become speed dating in all its Glory.If you think for one moment that the guy or girl is going to just see or talk to you, you are in for severe dissappointment.The women are ho's in every sense of the word. They will use you like a rug. After the 3rd or v4th date you will have holes in your pocket where your money use to be. It is an endless trip to your bank, or pulling out your CREDIT CARD paying for everything. All you will hear is, I'd like, I need, I want, I'd like to go to, I could use... holy SHIT... your paying for a whore believe it or not. Then... you try calling, and the phones bizzy.. and bizzy and bizzy.If you go on Match and just look at NEW people... you may be suprised to find the ho' on line chatting away on line..... still searching for others while they claim they want to see you.Then.... after two or three weeks of chatting, and you make a date... you are suprised tosee this so called size 7, 9, 11 really a size 14, 16, 18... or one giant CHALUPA... WITH A muffin top, sanging a**, double chin and jelly rolls under her chin that you have to ask your-self if those chip munk cheeks have food stuffed in them.i've also seen e-mails coming in where they claim people were interested.soooo, you respond to this FAKE interested people who have NO IDEA who you are, or claimthey never e-mailed you... I say WHAT THE H**L is this crap ?Match is only interested in your money.There data base are filled with women who have been divorced two and three times, are older than their photos, who use men for their lonliness, who are on a constant feed bag let's go out for dinner ... who see a line of men but don't tell you.Most women out there in 2009- 2010 - 2011 because of the economy are out of work, losing their homes, on unemployment, and have grown kids moving back into a house that is in FORECLOSURE.... so your having to put up with her kids... throw me under a moving bus please !!You are better off buying  a dog, or a few blow up dolls and different color wigs... at leastthey won't ask you for money, bust your balls...or ask you for money.When you get tired of them,... throw them in the washing machine and spin dry them...it is fun watching them spin around in the dryer- tumbling away like crazyAh women... what is it about men who are so STUPID that in order to get in their pants... you have to buy them a diamond ring, a home, credit cards, a CAR, clothes, and then comes the other fringes they want..., gas for that car you bought her, so when you are standing in front of the mirror shaving, and think about what you are paying for to have sex... just keep that straight razor cutting across your throat.Women are like boats... you keep throwing money in that hole and its costing you dearly.I'm telling you... buy a dog... they are more loyal and should you leave them... you won't be paying and paying and paying for something you couldn't keep.A women and especially marriage is a death sentence. Marriage is nt what it was 25 years ago. Today.. she stays with you as long as you give her what she wants. When you havea hard time beccause you lost your job, the economy is bad... trust me... the BV I T C _..will be out the door so fast that the tail wind that just went by you will knock you to the ground.Match.com gives women the opportunity to SCREW most men over and over and over again.Be smart... when you find out bsomeone you are interested in... get her last name.Once you get her last name, you can check COURT RECORDS with the clerk of the COURTon that person.... You will be suprised what you will find out that they won't tell you.Then, its time for you to walk away... no.... RUN AWAY.Match.com wants your money, and what you do with these TRAIN WRECKS is supposedto be your business.... but.... trust me nothing is private... nothing.... what you say toa match.com person will eventually come back to bite you in the a**...DO  NOT  TRUST  MATCH.COM under any circumstances... and before you stick yourhand in your pocket for some women... and it comes out empty... check her out.Phil from Lakeland, Fl.
Entity: DALLAS, Texas
Aug 17 2012
Entity: dallas, Texas
Sep 18 2012
MATCH.COM 6 month guarantee is a scam , Internet
Match.com claims to offer a free 6 months if you don't find a match during your first 6 months of service.  I have found that other complaints about them are true.  They send you fake contacts to keep you interested, they do not honor their 6 month guarantee by making it difficult of impossible to qualify or to activate.  They sneak in an auto renewal onto your account and make it difficult for you to be aware so that they can renew you automatically and not give you the 6 months they guarantee.  When you complain, they offer to keep the auto renewal money and to give you 1 month free.  This is a complete scam.
Feb 20 2012
WMV*MATCH.COM Charged my Discover Card Fraudulently Internet, Internet
Two charges showed up on my Discover card today for WMV*MATCH.COM.  They were for $35.99 each.  There were also 3 charges for $1 each to Netflix and 1 for another $1 to AppleITunes and 1 for $1 to Blizzard Entertaiment/WOW. I called Discover and closed my account.  They put all the charges aside as fraud and opened a new account.  Looks like whoever got my card details started at WMV*MATCH.COM and went from there.
96, Report #199615
Jul 05 2006
Match.com Ripoff scam Merrick New York
I received a letter in the mail supposely from Match.com, stating that they were giving free one month subscriptions to people who had subscribed to Match.com between the period of June 2001 and September 2003. They made it sound like it was the result of a lawsuit about their billing policy. Basically, they say that if you did not cancel more than 2 days in advance, you would be charged for the next month. So for those of you who tried cancelling during that 2 day period, you are receiving this offer. To participate in this offer, they instruct you to send an email to offer2003@match.com with Free One-Month Subscriptioin Offer #XXX in the subject line where XXX is a personalized offer number assigned to the person receiving the notice. Also included in this email should be your full name, your complete address, telephone number, your username (optional) and your personalized offer number. I emailed my information on June 25. A few days later, I called Match.com's customer service to see if my account was activated. I was concerned about whether my credit card was charged. The rep assured me that my credit card was not charged. She also said that the notice I received was from a different division or group of Match.com and I had to wait until further instructions from that group. The more and more I think about this, the more I think it is a some kind of scam. The letter looks somewhat like a genuine class-action suit letter but instead from a lawyer, it's from Match.com with a Long Island address. Match.com Offer 2003, P.O. Box 9000 #6441, Merrick, NY 11566-9000. Another strange thing is that there is no phone number on the notice. J Bronx, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Merrick, New York
97, Report #198945
Jun 30 2006
MATCH.COM SCAM ARTISTS AND CROOKS San Francisco California
Match.com uses fake profiles to get you to subscribe and disguises there policies to rip you off. I cancelled my subscription with thier 3 day no questions asked refund policy. Then I called thier customer service department and they told me I would be refunded. Then they sent me an email saying the subscription was cancelled. They NEVER refunded the money and when I confronted them they said that the email onlyu confirmed it was cancelled not refunded and they refused to refund the money in spite of the 3 day guarantee and that I NEVER used the site or even filled out a profile. Now they want me to fill out a 3 page thesis and send it too thier headquarters for a lengthy appeal in which they may or may not decide to refund the money. MATCH.COM ARE LIARS, CROOKS AND SCAM ARTISTS. THEY ARE A JUST BUSINESS THAT WANTS TO MAKE MONEY AT ALL COSTS AND HAVE NO ETHICS WHATSOEVER. THERE ARE LOTS OF OTHER DATING SITES OUT THIER. AVOID MATCH.COM AT ALL COSTS. Michael El Segundo, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: San Francisco, California
Feb 11 2006
Match.com ripoff dishonest billing refusal to cancel subscription Internet
In August 2005, I like many millions I'm sure, thought I was signing up for a one month subscription to Match.com. Almost immediately after taking my credit card number, I received a notification that there would be monthly billing unless I went to acertain site and asked NOT to be monthly billed. I did that immediately and receivced a notice it had been done. Within the month I decided that the internet dating scene was not for me and contacted Match.com customer service and requested that my account be cancelled and thatall information about me be deleted from the system. I thought that would be the end of it. And I have to say, I ignored what I should have caught sooner on this one but, in any event, 4 months later, when my credit card balance seemed to be going up each month, I took a hard look and found that Match.com had billed me for September through January. I have to say that my credit card company has been wonderful (CapitolOne) and they reversed all the charges by the end of the month BUT, come February 1st, Match charged my card again! And I had to cll the credit card company again. Thye certainly had to know that this account should have been cancelled after the credit card company got involved. I have notified the crdit card company and I'm sure that the charge will be reversed but this really is a rip off of time and is so very dishonest. And, by the way, this seems to be a new scheme witrg subscriptions out there. I had a magazine start sending me bills when I had never asked for the subscription, threatened to hurt my credit so I paid for one subscription and and then when I asked to have it canceled, ignored it 3 times! Some kind of pattern? J Newport Beach, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
May 01 2006
match.com fraudulently obtains money using credit cards Dallas texas
Match.com advertised a three day free trial but made you actually sign up for one month only at $34.95. They made it clear it was a one month, once only charge. After this, I assumed they would contact me to see if I wanted to continue for 12 months at a much, much lower rate for the full year. (I think their monthly rate is something like $12.95 if you sign up for a year.) They did NOT contact me, and I realized that they were continuing to provide service. I went online and found that I would have to ACTUALLY CANCEL if I wanted to discontinue. They were automatically charging me the highest rate of $34.95 and it was continuing monthly. So I formally cancelled. They had charged me in February, and the beginning of March. When I realized this, is when I cancelled. Later, I found out from Visa that they ALSO charged again at the end of March, even though I had cancelled. Regardless, they charged me twice in March. In April,I went online and made sure that the system was cancelled and would not continue like it had done the month before. I went online again, just a few days ago, and it was not showing as cancelled, even though it had done previously. So I cancelled again. Then I got an e-mail to say that it had been cancelled and I queried this with them, to make doubly sure, asking for reassurance, but they did not respond to my e-mail. The wording they use in their confirmation is that a person SHOULD NOT get charged again. It does not say WILL NOT. So I wanted reassurance as I had already cancelled twice. This morning, I got an e-mail from a potential romantic match (now it is May 1), so I realized that my profile was still on line and that the service had started up again! I cancelled a third time. Then I contacted VISA and they confirmed that I had been charged once in February, and twice in March. I told Visa I wanted a refund on the last payment and that they were never ever to honour anything to Match.com again. Visa is contacting them and disputing the last payment taken by them in March. By rights I should dispute two payments, but I did use the service so I was willing to let one payment go but not two. By rights, I feel I should have two refunds of $34.95 because I only ever authorized one charge and that was for the initial trial. I feel they should be reported to the police as this is a scam. I got good service as far as matches were concerned, but they are stealing people blind once they have access to your Visa number. I think people should be warned about this company and they should be investigated. They offer no phone number for you to call with problems and ignore your e-mails. Jean Surrey, British ColumbiaCanada
Entity: Nationwide
100, Report #195322
Jun 07 2006
Match.com ripoff dishonest fraudulant billing, renewed after cancelation Internet internet
My son used my Credit Card for what was supposed to be one month of logging on to Match.com. I was charged for another month and I called and canceled. I figured that was the end of it. This was in 2004. I don't receive my credit card bills they go directly to my accountant. When preparing my taxes she ask me what this monthly bill was for Match.com. This was yesterday! After cancelation in 2004, 3 months later they renewed the account on their own, without my permission and have been charging me ever since. The amount I have figured out that was charged was in excess of $500.00. I was told yes, they had my cancelation in August of 2004 but the account was renewed. My Son says he never renewed anything. Which he couldn't without my Credit Card and he didn't have it. They have offered to reimburse me for 3 months. Come on Class Action Lawyers this is a cake walk. I would wager to say they have ripped off everyone that is fool enough to give them a Credit Card. Kaye Glasgow, KentuckyU.S.A.

Approximately 471 Reports Found