METRO PCS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Metro PCS

There may be more reports for "Metro PCS"

For more results perform a general search for "Metro PCS"

Showing 76-100 of 3,322 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Metro PCS"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Nov 13 2008
Metro PCS Located - corporate info and phone number Richardson Texas
Like most people I was frustrated by my treatment with the operators at the 611 customer service, in addition I had a coupon they were going to honor. You know those coupons that come in the box with the new phone for free stuff - well my local stores refused to honor stating it had to be a corporate store, well I called the corporate office, lodged my complaint and they SAY they are overnighting it to me. So we'll see. So after several phone calls, and websearches this is what I located in case you want to take your complaing to a higher level; Profile A wireless telecommunications carrier that offers wireless broadband personal communication services through its subsidiaries. MetroPCS Communications Inc. 2250 Lakeside Boulevard Richardson , TX 75082-4304 Phone: (214) 570-5800 Fax: (214) 265-2570 Web Site: www.metropcs.com Registered Agent (for acceptance of service of process - lawsuits) Corporation Service Company 2711 Centerville Road #400 Wilmington DE 19808 800-927-9800 MetroPCS Management Roger D. Linquist Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer Thomas C. Keys Chief Operating Officer J. Braxton Carter Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Mark A. Stachiw Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary Douglas S. Glen Senior Vice President, Corporate Development Robert A. Young Senior Vice President, Market Operations, Northeast Herbert Chip Graves Senior Vice President, Market Operations, West Malcolm M. Lorang Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer Christine B. Kornegay Vice President, Controller and Chief Accounting Officer Keith D. Terreri Vice President, Finance and Treasurer John J. Olsen Vice President and Chief Information Officer Phillip R. Terry Vice President of Corporate Marketing David Walker Vice President of Network Operations Ed Chao Senior Vice President Engineering & Network Operations Patword Big Pine Key, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Marathon, Florida
Jul 12 2009
Metro Pcs Store Who would of thought Wilmer Texas
I went to go pay for my metro bill and the next two days my phone was off. When I went to a metro store they told me that I never paid my bill and that's why it was off. I had the Receipt that i made the payment They told me that it came back nsf but I paid it with cash. I also made a payment to start my cycle over and the guy charge me 10.00 extra well I found out that it only cost 5.00 and he had include it on the receipt. They give me 3 days to get it fix or my phone would be off. I work all day and dont have time but I will get to it. The sad part I cant report it to no metro company cause they dont have it on there website. L_chick wilmer, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Wilmer, Texas
Jun 24 2009
Metro Pcs i fake phone store seller Trenton New Jersey
they have fake iphones i got one before and it was in chine made their wasnt even from mac the sell crappy phones he told me that was a good phone but its not the internet dose not work it u can only hold the keyboard up way has no app store have to press on the screen to make it work never go their they are illegal i think Qumic trenton, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Trenton, New Jersey
May 10 2009
METRO PCS RIPPED OFF BY SO CALLED FAMILY PLAN DETROIT Michigan
I started with metro pcs with the so called family plan. I had it for 5 people for about 6 months. I decided to take my phone number to Boost Mobile. So I had 4 phones on the family plan left. They never did stop charging me for 5 phones. So May 1, 2009 all of the computers were down for Metro Pcs. So you couldn't pay your bill. They didn't come back up until May 4, 2009. I called them to get the amount that I owed. I was quoted $5.60. I called Metro Pcs and paid that right away. I am thinking that was a low cost. Then I was thinking that was there way of reinburseing me for the months that they had over charged me. So on May 10, they shut the phones off for none payment. I had them turned back on for the 5 phone plan instead of for 4. They were still charging me for 5 phones. I could never speak to a human. The robot kept hanging up on me. The way that there customer service is I wouldn't recommend Metro Pcs to no one. WILLIE DETROIT, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: DETROIT, Michigan
Aug 13 2009
Metro PCS They are liars with horrible customer service!!! Internet
After having a metro PCS phone for a month the screen on the phone went out. I promptly attempted to return the phone but I was told that there would be a ten dollar charge for a replacement. I was then informed that if I had an extra phone I could get my service activated to that phone. I decided that I would have my old phone activated and not pay an extra ten dollars, since I had only had the Metro Pcs phone for a month. I didn't want to pay the ten dollars because I figured that the same thing could happen to the new one and then I would be going in circles, stuck with a broken phone. I called in to customer service to have the old phone activated. After speaking with a customer service agent who was preparing to walk me through the activation process of giving him my ESN (electronic serial number) off of the phone. I noticed that the phone wasnt charged and I had to postpone the activation until I could go out and buy a charger for it. So, After getting a charger I was now ready to activate the phone. So , I go into a Metro PCS store to have the phone activated and they tell me it will be $40 to have the phone switched over to Metro PCS. I told the sales associate that I had just spoken to someone in customer service that was going to activate it without the mention of any additional fees. The sales agent then tells me  You have gotten wrong information.  Metro Pcs has the worst customer service that I have seen yet, and that's bad considering that there are some other places that have some pretty bad customer service as well. I have since given the phone to my mom as a spare and have moved on to something better. This cellphone company has taught me that I would much rather pay more for quality than to be cheap and get crap!
Sep 19 2009
Metro PCS charged me for 11 days that my phone was off! Internet
I've had Metro phone service for about a year now. My payment date has been the 19th of the month for the duration of that time. Recently being out of work and money I was unable to pay my phone bill on the 19th. I ended up needing it again so I had paid the bill on August 30th, eleven days later.Well the 19th of September comes around and my phone is once again shut off. I had called Metro PCS customer service only to be told that the payment I had made on the 30th was only good until the 19th again. Keep in mind this is a PREPAID phone so I pay for the month ahead not the month that has passed.I paid 44.95 which was for a full MONTHS service not 19 days. The person I spoke with on the phone explained to me that he could not change my billing cycle to the 30th instead they charge me for the eleven days that my phone was shut off. Bottom line I got taken for a ride if you have this phone provider and don't pay your bill for a month, it's better off just to wait or you'll be paying for service you won't get.
Jul 26 2009
METRO PCS ** CANCELLED MY SERVICE - ACCOUNT PAID IN FULL Internet
My 12-year old son went with friends to the beach. I gave him my cell phone. The account was current and paid to date. At 9:00pm, I tried to call him and the phone was disconnected. I called Metro PCS at 888.863.8768 and spoke with a customer service representative. She requested my security code to access the account. I told her that I did not have a security code. I opened my account more than 5 years ago and have always paid the bill online. A security code is not required to pay your bill and I do not receive paper bills. She refused to help me without the security code. I spoke with her supervisor, Mike. I asked him how the security codes were set up - were they alpha, alpha-numeric or numeric codes. Thinking this would help me determine what I may have set up 5 years earlier. Again, he refused to help. He said he could not give me hints. This conversation lasted for more than 10 minutes. I explained that I feared for my son's safety since I could not reach him by phone. He said that the phone call was non-productive and he was ending the call. With that, he hung up on me. Their customer service support and supervisor teams acted without human emotion. Please consider this information before doing business with this company!! Jackie **** Cape Coral, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Jan 09 2009
Metro Pcs Store absolutely rude service, jerks that work there Orlando Florida
just went into the store to try to get some help for my phone.. got talked down to by an arrogant condescending jerk...named hector and anyone else who worked there...not helpful mostly just rude... that's no way to help out customers needing it...was so annoyed didn't care to resolve the issue but just left....i know i dont go into stores as a valued 'customer' to get talked down to in a negative condescending way....what a bunch of stupid rude employees....will not be going back to that stupid place anytime soon... also went to another store nearby....same problem...the associate was not that helpful and also pretty condescending. i was expecting help courteous service....they are nice when u walk in saying 'welcome to metro pcs' but the moment u ask your question they are total scumbags....sad to know the worst phone service out there also has the worst customer service and help... anonymous orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Jan 02 2009
Metro PCS RIPOFF Fort Myers Florida
I bought a phone from Metro PCS for $105.99. The deal was no contract and monthly. I had 60 minutes or 30 days whichever came first to return the phone for a full refund. I told them I was in Cape Coral. They said no problem. I got back to the condo and found the only way the phone would work was standing in one of 2 windows in the living room. I tried most of the evening to get a Metro PCS support person on the phone and never did get anything other than a recording. So, I took the phone back to the Superstore I bought it at and talked to a fellow named Daniel. His first conversation was that he would give me a different phone as the one I had bought was maybe not strong enough. He went in the back somewhere and returned several minutes later with the same phone and said that he had put a booster (at no cost) on the antenae. I should try that and he was sure that it would work ..... WELL .... it didn't! What few calls would come through (when the phone was laying close to the living room window) were from collection agencies trying to reach 1 of 3 previous owners of the wonderful phone number that I had been assigned. To bring this already LONG story to a conclusion ... the only time I actually talked to a live service person on the phone was the night I finally got a voice mail through and found that the service had been discontinued because I had not paid the bill (which came by non-extistent voice mail!!). This company is a fraud and does absolutely nothing in my experience to warrant any support whatsoever! If you buy a Metro PCS phone and it doesn't work the VERY FIRST TIME you use it ... take it back and tell the you want your money back IMMEDIATELY! I am sure that there are pockets that it works very well in, but they need to be honest and trustworthy and stand behind their product. Jackie Cape Coral, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Fort Myers, Florida
Jan 12 2009
Metro Pcs stay away from this horrid company...bad service, bad warranties.... Orlando Florida
stay away from this company-- they are the worst...they have the worst service, worst reception, bad phones, horrid warranties, if something is wrong with your phone prepare to have to go through hell to get it fixed or something done about it...metro pcs is sh*t... they need to be shut down completely....so people aren't scammed by these low lifes shannon orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Aug 21 2008
Metro Pcs I bought there ins because Carol Stream Illinois
I spent an hour AND A HALF DOCUMENTED .TRYING TO MY PAY BILL I CALLED TO GET A RECORDING WHEN I SAID i WANTED TO SPEAK WITH AN AGENT THE NUMBER I CALL WAS 888 863- 8768 THE RECORING SAID I UNDERSTAND YOU WANT TO SPEAK WITH AN AGENT CORRECT ,.BUT IB CAN HELP YOU FASTER HERE . I REPEATLY ASKED TO SPEAK WITH AN AGEN AFTER REPEATED ATTEMP I GOT THROUGH THEM WAS DISSCONECTED THREE TIMES IN A FRIDAY WHEN I WAS THE BUISNES WAS THE EXTREAMLY BUSY .I GOT THERE INSURANCE PLAN AND THEY SENT ME A PHONE THAt was inferior the the one that i not working I could not find anyone to transfer my phone book . Basically they eat onew hour and a half finaly i have my phone turned on .And am still without my phone book So I beleve they owe mr for my time ubfair and deceptive trade practices faulty equipement I would like to get other people to form a class action law suit against these people from ripping other people off . my email is (((ROR REDACTED)) There is no way what they are doing is legal i AM TIRED OF BEING RIPPED OFF BY COMPANIES THAT TRY TO OVER CHARGE YOU FOR EQUIPEMT THAT DOES NOT WORK . iF THERE ARE OTHERS PLEASE EMAIL ME FIGHT BACK IT.S THE AMERICAN WAY. DONT LET THEM TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU FIGHT TOGETHER WE CAN WINN. CHET FORT LAUDERDALE, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Carol Stream, Illinois
Aug 24 2008
METRO PCS Rips customers off and wont fix MAJOR mistakes Richardson Texas
I have been with Metro PCS for a year and never had to call with questions. So when I finally did call to ask that if I was going out of town and I didn't pay my next bill when it was due because I couldn't use it where I was, what would happen? I was told by the rep that all would be fine, but I had to pay it in 22 days or they would disconnect my phone and I would lose my number and have to pay a $35 reconnect fee. They then said, that if I paid befor ethen, I would still get my month of service. So I waited until Aug 8 and paid my bill based on the reps info. Well 11 days later they turned it off. I called and asked why, they told me the rep gave wrong info and my regular payment should be made AGAIN to continue service. I complained and got a Supervisor who told me to go the the Metro PCS store and they could correct it. I go to the store and they says they have no account access, to call sustomer service. It has been a back and forth thing...they won't issue a refund eventhough they admit the recording has the rep giving me wrong info and wont change my billing cycle either. MKR Some where mad in, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Richardson, Texas
Apr 01 2009
Metro PCS Worst network and support service ever-Corp exec home contacts Plano Texas
Ok I have worked in the Technology Industry for over 15 yrs seen lots of cool technology come and go but this companies attention or lack there of to BASIC practices like having a running network for more then 24 hrs is DEPLORABLE. I got this service for my teenager- one set price she can use it all she wants and the limits of only text while traveling was acceptable to us. Three days on a trip to Williamsburg VA she had NO SERVICE at all, you call it says her number was terminated and is no longer active, she can sometimes which was 3 get a text OUT only. I called customer service, the VRU is bad...no option to talk to a real body you have to scam thier system to get someone, they all seem like they may have been fired refugees from Mickey D's who were unable to find the picture keys on thier registers and they keep telling me get this- our system is down for maintenance and we can't help you now- how is it a company has a nearly 3 day network OUTAGE in this day in age...did their hamsters die because no one fed them??? those soup cans and strings get tangled because you surely are not up to date with the data center equipment! To make things more ironic I found every executive's home number and address poblically on the web. Here is the Chief Technology Officer Malcom... MALCOLM M LORANG 3032 ROSEDALE AVE DALLAS, TX 75205 (214) 691-7750 how about their CEO ROGER D LINQUIST Born Jun 1938 3729 MAPLEWOOD AVE DALLAS, TX 75205 (214) 526-2669 and ending in 2668 he has two lines use them both ...enjoy! I personally will be sending a certified letter myself to the entire lot of people running this disaster and switching service for my teenager. You can find names under the Stock company reports go to any Stock page and search stock listing PCS and look at the profile page Yahoo's is fairly good and then look them up in zabasearch. Hate slacker companies Any City, DelawareU.S.A.
Entity: Plano, Texas
Mar 16 2009
Metro PCS Sold me a crappy phone with crappy service Las Vegas Nevada
Bought a phone from these people 2 weeks ago, has never worked, all I get was dropped calls, their service is not what they say it is. Even calling their customer service (Metro PCS) I drop the call. It's either their phones are junk or their service is as well. I guess it's really true what they, if it's too good to be true, then it is! Frustrated in las vegas Las Vegas, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Las Vegas, Nevada
Mar 05 2009
Metro PCS They ARE MAKING IT HELL FOR ME TO TRANSFER MY NUMBER TO ANOTHER COMPANY Nationwide
For about 3 weeks, I have been trying to transfer my mobile phone number from Metro PCS to another carrier and they have been making it so difficult. 1) They make it a policy NOT to print out your bill at the store nor are supposed to print out anything concerning your bill at the store. I needed to get a copy of my bill and because I have used Metro for over 5 years, I always paid the amount sent to me via the text message and never needed my account number before. The new carrier needed me to complete a request to have the number transferred and needed my account number and the last 4 numbers of my social security #. I got online and tried to print out a bill using an invoice feature that metro supposedly has available for it's customers. When attempting to retrieve the bill, the system COULD NOT VERIFY MY ACCOUNT. So I called the virtually impossible phone tree and finally got someone on the line. After numerous attempts to get a live person, they told me that I should just a minute because the system was down. I tried back at least 4 times later over a course of HOURS. So finally, I went to the store and asked if I could have a copy of my bill printed. They said they could not print a copy of my bill at the store and that I WOULD HAVE TO GO ONLINE TO RETRIEVE MY BILL! The guy behind the counter was nice enough to print a receipt that showed my account number and my address with my name and phone number so that I could have something to show proof of having this number. I was so happy to have something that I could prove my account existed and that I was the user of this account. 2) the second thing that happened was the carrier that I wanted to transfer to told me that Metro had rejected my request because (although I had provided the last 4 of my social) I needed to provide a pin number. The only pin number that I had associated with the account was the only pin number that they always ask for which is a 6 digit security pin. So, I sent the request again hoping to resolve this. 3) the carrier responded back and said that METRO had denied my request yet again because the pin was NOT a 6 digit pin but an 8 digit pin! I was furious! I HAVE NEVER USED AN 8 DIGIT PIN with Metro nor have I ever set up one! So I called the virtually impossible phone tree again and got connected with a live person. I asked to speak with a supervisor. He placed me on hold, told me that he would transfer me to his supervisor and then hung up on me! That is it! I have decided to take this above their heads and report this to FCC. I wish that I could resolve this matter sooner because by the 21st, they will recycle my phone number. I need this number for business and to keep in contact with my friends and family... I wish I knew what else to do. This is not a matter of trying to get my way. It is a matter of necessity to have this problem resolved. Liars beware Sacramento, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
May 24 2010
Metro Pcs Store Service rep lied to my face Antioch, California
Last Febuary, we had our phone activated on the 28th. Since I get paid on the first of the month, I was told that I would have to go to the main office to change billing date, at a cost of ten dollars. I didn't have a car, so I paid $54 a month instead of the $42.97. Well I went to the main office to have billing date, name corrected on March 1, 2010. The service rep stated no problem, that it was effective imediately. Then on April 20th, received a Metro text to pay the $42.97 by the 27th. I went back, showed the same rep the message. She then said the only way the billing date, name correction can be changed is if the phone stays off for seven days or buy a new phone. By that time I would owe more money. I couldn't get a hold of anyone at the 1800 numbers, or go into my account online. This is the only phone I have. I guess they want to make extra money. My plan is forty a month, not 54
Entity: Antioch, California
May 19 2010
Metro PCS Bill Matrix metropcs, Internet
well here i sit after getting off the phone with metro's customer service witch was a joke.on may5th 2010 i payed my bill online though metro-pcs's billmatrix, 3 hours later my phone was disconnected, called there customer service, they had my phone turned back on and opened a report, i hear nothing more about it. then a week later my phone gets tuned off again! i call there s*itty CS dept. and get a ohh sorry about that here its back on again. another week goes by. phones back off, call again they said my bill is past due and you need to pay even tho i have proof via bank statement and there confirmation number from there crappy billcraptrix there wanting ANOTHER $54.00 to have my service turned back on and will not even acknowledge my CC statement or the retarded confirmation number, imho.. they just want more money, well sorry not gonna happen, and just like i told you CS lady # 7700somthing i will be posting this all over the internet on how you willfully ripped me off for my money and told me SORRY. in my honest opinion stay away from metro pcs there starting to act like the big cellphone company's. there 40 a month no games will turn into 45 a month. then 50 and then somehow 54 a month.. in the beginning they where great, but now there just out to get you like all the rest.
Entity: Richardson, Texas, Internet
May 25 2010
Metro Pcs Headquaters not trust worthy, liars, false advertisment Internet
I have been a Metro PCS customer since they started over 8years ago in ATL. However I am disappointed that they are unfair, not trustworthy and they lie to most of their customers. I purchase a new phone with them atleast every 2 years, due to a phone defect that Metro PCS refuses to answer to, I can meet someone and their phone has the same problems as i do. Recently my husband and I bought the Samsung- Caliber from them and of course there was a rebate offered with this phone. The phone was purchased in March, we were told that it would take 4 to 5 weeks for a rebate, we called to check on the status of the rebate when we recieved a letter in the mail stating they would not be able to honor our rebate due to the untruth that it was'nt a new activation. We were told that there were 2 types of rebates, we did all they asked us to do, It's May 25, still no rebate, we are getting a run around about which company is responsible for the rebate. My second problem is that when you have a problem with your phone no one at the 800 line can help you, there is transfer after transfer until you are finally disconnted then you start the whole process over with given all the information that was asked the first time, My husband is having problems trying to understand why he could'nt get on the internet, that happended around 3pm tooday, he fell asleep on the phone while waiting to for the 4th person to try to help him, only to be giving a number and told to call back that number the net day. Finally, as a long time customer they have never offered one month free, or half of your next bill, my bill is never the same each month it is always a few cents off or maybe a dollar more, However the way I use my phone has never changed..... Metro PCS will soon be like FaceBook although it's free or cheap people are finally seeing you get what you pay for. I wanna see Metro PCS reveiw there files and give dedicated customers some credit, because we keep them going.
Dec 04 2010
Metro PCS Overcharging, unauthorized changes to account, not providing services being paid for. Internet
The last 3 months have been a disaster with Metro PCS. I have an account with 2 phones on it, and international SMS text messaging as part of my plan. 3 months ago, Metro PCS has blocked my text messages from being delivered to one of my contacts in the UK. They have not, however, refunded me for this service which they are not honoring.After complaining to them about it, they promised me a $15 refund, but instead changed my plan without my consent or knowledge. They took me off the family plan I was on, and starting charging me an additional $5 (plus tax) per month. Since they took me off the family plan, I requested them to separate my account into 2 accounts, but they are refusing to do that without charging me twice for the account. This has been a snowball affect of problems, and I would like all of these issues resolved.
Feb 10 2012
Metro PCS Disconnected before due date while I was out of state Hollywood, Florida
I went to MetroPCS.com on January 27th to add travel talk and pay my bill because I had to go to Indianapolis for my baby sisters' funeral.  I was unable to add travel talk or pay on line since the site was down (I have seen other complaints on pissedconsumer.com for this exact same day).  Because MetroPCS phones do not work outside of ones calling area without the addition of Travel Talk, it was very important to add the service (has to be done BEFORE you leave the calling area) and I was finally able to get through to a live representative. I spoke to Angelo (MetroPCS Employee #926748) on January 27, 2012 at 12:16pm (est).  I write everything down, force of habit.  At that time I asked him to add Travel Talk which is $5 per phone and I have two phones.  I wanted to pay my bill.  He said that he was able to add Travel Talk successfully to both phones but was unable to take my payment because the system was down there, too. I fly out that evening and arrive in Indianapolis at 1:00am (est) on January 28th.  I couldn't make a call.  I get up around 10:00am (est) that same morning, still can't make a call.  Had to use the hotel phone at $1.00 per call plus 10 cents a minute to contact my family.  Mind you I was in town for this tragic event as my sister had been murdered on January 23rd, on her 42nd birthday.  My phone never worked in Indianapolis.  I was driving in back country roads, in the sticks, with no phone. I arrive back in Hollywood, FL on January 28th at 6:30pm (est)  STILL no phone even though I am now in my calling area.  Had to pay $38.00 for a cab ride when my friend was sitting at the airport waiting on my call.  My phone had been totally disconnected four days before my payment due date (2nd of each month). I came home, went on line to pay my bill so I could call my friend to let him know that I was already home.  My normal bill is always $75.00 for both phones each month.  My bill was $95.00 (January 29, 2012 confirmation #205568098)- so I was doubled charged for Travel Talk.  I had to pay the bill, even though it wasn't due or I wouldn't be able to use my phone and/or even port my number to another service (which I immediately went to AT&T for new phones and service).  When I went to the Corporate store (Young Circle, Hollywood, FL) they had a difficult time even looking me up - partly because when they started my account, they used my middle name as my last name and said they couldn't change it (I should've ran then).   The manager, Junior, said I have to wait 4-6 weeks for a refund (I don't even believe him).   The store representative was as helpful as he could be - but the manager treated me as if I was out to get something for nothing.  It is unbelievable that I should have to wait 6 minutes for my refund after what I've been through, much less six WEEKS?  How can they do this?  My bill was paid BEFORE it was due - they confirmed that fact at the Corporate store.  No one at MetroPCS seems to know or care what about what happened.  The stress and inconvenience that this has caused me is tremendous and I will make it my business to pull as many consumers away from that company as humanly possible.  Horrible customer care.
Entity: Hollywood, Florida
Feb 10 2012
Entity: Hollywood, Florida
Sep 28 2011
Metro PCS CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS WORST! Roosevelt , New York
On 9/9/11 I went to this store - not the closest location to house but recommended by a close friend who uses them. The salesperson (only 1 in the store) could tell me little about the phones but I chose one that seemed reliable and the salesperson said it was a great phone.  I needed a reliable good quality phone.  I have progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Insulin Dependent Diabetes and other medical problems.  I drive a specially adapted van and never know where my adventures will take me. A cell phone is not just fun to text friends but a LIFELINE in an emergency. The same day that I got the phone the battery cover kept coming off it just would stay on.  I put a jelly-like cover to protect the phone & keep the cover in place but before I could install it the back got lost. Within a couple days of having the phone it seemed that the battery life was UNUSUALLY SHORT.  I was forever charging the battery.  Within a week of owning the phone a new problem developed (the charge when 100% would last about 3 to 4 hours) and if the phone went dead it could take 24 hours or more to get the phone back to 100% charge. During this time the phone COULD NOT be used it WOULD NOT come on. If I attempted to turn it on all I got was a photo of an battery showing how much charge was on the phone - even at 99% it would not turn on. When I bought the phone the salesperson suggested METROGUARD a cell phone protection plan that she said would replace the phone in the event of any kind of damage, water, etc. It was cheap enough so I said YES. The phone became my nemisis.  I would dial a number - sometimes the call would go thru sometimes it wouldn't. Sometimes I could complete my call before being disconnected sometimes I couldn't.  This IS NOT good when you are carrying a phone in the event of a MEDICAL EMERGENCY.  I could not use GOOGLE or any web apps because they took an UNUSUALLY LONG TIME TO CONNECT & MOST OFTEN BEFORE THEY CONNECTED - THE PHONE TURNED ITSELF OFF! My friend who swore by this place kept encouraging me take it back.  On 9/23 I took the phone with me on some errands & in 2 1/2 hours THE BATTERY WAS DEAD. I charged the phone for MORE THAN 48 HOURS before I could use it again.  The phone worked a little (when it wanted) but again on 9/25 IT DIED!  By this morning 9/28 I still COULD NOT turn the phone on I was getting the picture of the battery & though it said 100% charged the phone WOULD NOT turn on. So this afternoon OFF I WENT TO ROOSEVELT! I went to the same salesperson who sold me the phone. She EVENTUALLY got the phone to turn on & it worked a little though the screen kept fading. I pulled out my paperwork (my account info (1 sheet), a list of web addresses (1 sheet) and another sheet outling available plans) EVERYTHING I WAS GIVEN WHEN I BOUGHT THE PHONE. I pointed out to the salesperson that I had METROGUARD.  This is when she produced a paper I never saw before. I was instructed to call a phone number. They would mail be another phone (5 to 7 business days), then within 7 days I would need to mail the broken phone (at my expense) along with a $30 check. I was blindsided. When I was sold METROGUARD every indication was that this an IN STORE REPLACEMENT POLICY.  While I was having my disagreement with them another woman had bought a phone a 1/2 hour before her husband did not like it & she wanted to return it. The store receipt says that the phone is returnable if used for less than 1 hour talk or text time. The salesperson then pointed to a sign on the wall with print much larger than this saying she had to pay a 30% RESTOCKING FEE.  Getting nowhere with the store she called the police. THE POLICE WERE SURLY NASTY and NO HELP AT ALL!  One officer who appeared to be a Sergent went up to the 2 sales people while the other officer talked to us. I heard the Sergent say THIS HAS TO STOP WE HAVE REAL EMERGENCIES YOU NEED TO BETTER INFORM YOUR CUSTOMERS BECAUSE WE CANNOT BE RUNNING OVER HERE EVERY 10 MINUTES TO SETTLE YOUR DISPUTES.  The officers left I attempted to call my friend who recommended the store to me. I HAVE METRO PCS - SHE HAS METRO PCS it took OVER 25 MINUTES FOR THE CALL TO CONNECT.  I then attempted to call the METRO PCS CORPORATE OFFICE but when I did I received a message saying I DID NOT have enough minutes to complete the call. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE WHEN I AM PAYING FOR AN UNLIMITED TEXT & CALL PLAN? I spoke to my mom - spoke to other friends (intermittently as calls felt like connecting) - WHAT SHOULD I DO? It was now about 2:30 pm the salesperson instructed me to return to the store at 6 pm the manager would be in then. In the meantime the other customer that got ripped off returned. She went to a METRO PCS CORPORATE STORE (located at 427 Old Country Road - no phone listed) and was now back at the ROOSEVELT STORE for her REFUND WITHOUT THE RESTOCKING FEE.  She suggested I go there. I DID go to that store there were several catergories of customer call numbers mine was 725.  For 1 HOUR NO ONE CALLED ANOTHER CUSTOMER.  The person who appeared to be the manager stood outside talking on his phone. 2 of the employees behind the counter were with customers - the 3rd sat on a stool staring into space. For the longest time the 700 numbers remained on 721 & 722.  I had closed my eyes for maybe 5 minutes & when I opened them the last customer beside me was leaving.  OK there are 3 employees, the manager & me I WILL GET HELP - RIGHT? NO the 2 men went into the backroom leaving only the woman there & she preceeded to call off endles numbers from a variety of different categories - remind you I WAS THE ONLY CUSTOMER IN THE STORE. FINALLY 1 of the men came out of the back & called my number. He said he saw nothing wrong with the phone. I reported to him all the problems I was having. He said he COULD send the phone away (up to 2 weeks) for replacement or repair but this WOULD NOT resolve all of my problems. He claimed that the CONNECTION PROBLEMS I was experiencing, dropped calls, the phone going off were ENTIRELY DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAD NOT SYNCED MY GMAIL ACCOUNT WITH THE PHONE! WHAT???? I asked him where in the instruction manuals this was written & I was told that it wasn't.  I said that the salesperson that sold me the phone never said anything about this.  His response: EVERYONE KNOWS BEFORE AND AFTER YOU BUY A CELL PHONE THAT YOU DO A COMPLETE INTERNET SEARCH ON THE PHONE TO FIGURE OUT THE IDIOCYNCRACIES AND QUIRKS!  At that point I LOST IT!  All my years of owning cell phones I NEVER HEARD OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS - you go to a store a salesperson helps you pick out a suitable phone - gives you BASIC INSTRUCTION and you figure out the rest from the manual. At this point between the Roosevelt Store, the waiting and the time for this man to do his evaluation and assessment I WAS DEALING WITH THIS PHONE ISSUE FOR A SOLID 5 HOURS! When I left the store I WAS VERY, VERY ANGRY TO SAY THE LEAST.  I called mom to let her know what happened then my friend to let her know what happened. When finished with these 2 calls I took the cell phone, the charger, all the paperwork & put it in the garbage in my car. I spent OVER $170 on the phone, METROGUARD & first months service but I HAVE HAD ENOUGH - IT IS IN THE GARBAGE WHERE IT BELONGS! When I am billed or contacted about paying my bill on 10/8/11 they will have a better chance of getting blood from a stone than getting more money from me. At least for now (though not safe) I WILL BE WITHOUT A PHONE.  I have other financial priorites right now & after this rip off it will take me a while to recover.
Entity: Roosevelt, New York
Oct 23 2010
Metro PCS Advertised AS PRE PAID CELL SERVICE, BUT RIPPED ME OFF !! Richardson Texas
I have had service with Metro PCS for almost a year. It's a pre paid phone service that is due monthly, in advance , the amount of the plan you selected. Because my income is limited, many times my service has been disconnected. If your service is disconnected for 30 days. Your account is closed and you must open a new account to regain service, which requires you are assigned a new number. In the past, I have always made the monthly payment to reconnect service within the 30 days time limit. Therefore my cell number has remained the same. I have been required to pay a 5.00 service charge so the due date for my account could be adjusted , so the next payment due would provide the 30 days of service I paid in advance. Yesterday, by credit card on the phone, I paid my balance in full and the 5.00 late charge required to adjust the payment date. My cell account status stated I would owe another full monthly payment on the 29th, 6 days from paying for a months service. I called customer service , spoke with a superviser and was told that my payment due date could not be change, I would only recieve 6 days of service for a full month payment!!!! This has not been the practice in the past. My cell has been discopnnected many times and the due date adjusted so that I would get my full months service for my monthly payment. Not only have they taken the 5.00 extra for late charge and to adjust the due date. They are cheating me of over 3 weeks of service I paid for in advance. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I can't find any contact information for Corporate Headquarters and am not allowed access to my account online. Too make sure I had my sign in infomration correct, I accessed the sign in help link and recieved an email with the user name and password but still can't access my account!!!!
Entity: Richardson, Texas
Feb 20 2011
Metro PCS LIARS, CROOKS...DEVILS Internet, New York
Metro PCS put my Account in Collections for paying my bill on time!!! They increased my premium without authorization!!! My bill was paid via my On-Line Bank Account for $45.00. This was supposed to be my fixed rate, however on the February Statement, they suddenly increased the rate to $49.00. My payment was delivered on time to them on the due date 2/18/11.  I called them and made another by phone payment covering the difference via credit card. On Feb. 20. 2011 they cut me off!! I went to the store on Hillside Avenue in Queens Village, NY and was told by the Rep. that my Account is in Collections!! I came in showing my printed Receipt of my On-Line Payment and the Confirmation number for the credit card By Phone payment. The Rep. called corporate headquarters and spoke to a women telling her I had proof of my payments and still she argued with him, demanding my credit card number!!! I refused to give it to her and she refused to re-instate service and lift the fraudulent delinquency from my Account!!!! Isn't this Blackmail?? My credit has been negatively affected as one of my credit cards is now charging me an annual Fee to keep the card. This is the second month in a row they pulled this stunt! This company is obviously a Fraud and should not be in business!!!
Entity: Internet, New York
Dec 13 2010
Metro PCS online payment not acknowledged-cell phone turned off , Internet
I paid my Metro PCS cell phone bill online with Express Pay on the due date. Payment accepted through Metro's Bill Matrix with a confirmation code.  The day after payment, Metro PCS says my payment has not been made and my phone has been disconnected. Three (3) DAYS later, my cell phone is still not on and there is NO WAY to get to a live person. 888-8metro8 is a phone tree with no way to get to an agent, event tho the recording says they will connect me to one if they can't help me. All they want is payment, which I already made.  I will be reporting this theft of my money to the credit card company and I will no longer do business with Metro PCS.  Calling the Bill Matrix service does no good.
Entity: Internet, Internet