NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: National Magazine Exchange

There may be more reports for "National Magazine Exchange"

For more results perform a general search for "National Magazine Exchange"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

76, Report #171990
Jan 16 2006
National Magazine Exchange - N.M.E. spam, ripoff Clearwater Florida
They sent me a post-card which said: We are trying to reach you. Please call us at the number shown on the reverse of this card. This is a free call. Sincerely - Pat Haines, Sales Representative and asked that I record the date and time of my call. I researched the company N.M.E. (the only name on the card), and found out several spam and fraud accounts. Lauren Ephrata, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Jan 27 2006
National Magazine Exchange - NME ripoff Clearwater Florida
This company is a rip off. Do not give them any info..in fact, if you want to play head games with them..go to the point you almost give them your CC info..and then start asking hard ball questions..bring up the 2,100,00 winning money and watch them get defensive. This aweful company messed with the wrong person. I am in the media and plan on exposes them to millions. They never know who they end up sending cards too. Shame on you all for doing this to anyone out there! You'll get yours! Mary Windsor, ColoradoU.S.A.
78, Report #172099
Jan 17 2006
National Magazine Exchange SDP Or Special Data Processing ex-employee terrible work environment Clearwater Florida
As an ex-employee, we answer the phones as National Magazine Exchange. The building has SDP on the outside and employees are paid by Special Data Processing. Pat Haynes is a fictitious person. We were not allowed to give out our last names due to the numerous threats that came in, thus a heavily guarded facility. We could also use fictitious names when answering the phones. We had to log off the phones to use the restroom and were not paid for using the restrooms. This list goes on and on. Bill Hood has a separate parking garage door that takes him up to the second floor with a private elevator. I was there a little over a year in retention,( my job was to keep your account by reducing the number of service years, changing your bill method from credit card to check, etc.)and to the best of my knowledge, Mr. Hood never spoke to anyone. Dave Macey is a very miserable individual and he is the general manager. There is a lady named Ginny who is quite influential (as I was told) but she was untouchable,too. This was by far, the worst job that I ever had. The working conditions and the threats hanging over your head if you don't do this or that is barbaric. This company is probably operating within Florida law but they really need to be shut down. Please be aware that any time you give your credit card number and expiration date over the telephone, that it is legal and binding for the merchant to exact payment. This goes for all 50 states. Please advise all elderly people especially, that it is legal to get payment. The only way that I know of through this shyster company to get your money back is to go to your bank, dispute the charge and have your bank representative do a 3-way call so you understand all the legal ramifications. NME will reverse charges and be sure to tell them to place you on their Do Not Call list which by law they are required to do. Hope this helps somebody out there! Withheld Clearwater, FloridaU.S.A.
Dec 11 2005
N.M.E.N.M.E.- National Magazine Exchange ripoff CLEARWATER Florida
I would like to file this rip-off report as a matter of record. After receiving a card in the mail from N.M.E.( National Magazine Exchange)- Clearwater, Florida- stating Postgram, we are trying to reach you, I decided to research on the net what this company is and found numerous fraud and rip-off claims posted regarding N.M.E. I want to file this complaint to protect myself against future fraudulent reporting to my credit agencies as others have reported from N.M.E. This particular mailing is from Patrick Haines- Sales Representative. Jason San Diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jan 03 2006
NME - National Magazine Exchange Sales ripoff, scam, bogus, mailing, mail, postgram Clearwater Florida
Received a postgram from this company. I have no idea how they got my address or name. Just what I needed, more junk mail. I read other reports for this crap company and I better not be billed. Never had any contact with them what so ever and hope that can stay that way. Telescammers, marketers, should be illegal in the U.S. Thomas Tucson, ArizonaU.S.A.
Apr 13 2007
National Magazine Exchange liars fraud misleading scam ripoff Clearwater Florida
This company is nothing but a scam! I agreeed to pay only under the conditions i could cancel for any reason, at any time. after a two mounths of paying i decided it wasn't for me. i wasnt getting all my magazines and none of these free gifts i've been hearing about. i tryed to cancel and they said they had it on tape me agreeing to pay for the whole term. i asked to hear it because i know i said SEVERAL times ONLY IF I CAN CANCEL NO QUESTIONS ASKED. they never could produce this tape and are continuing to send me bills, now they have sent me to a collections company because i refuse to pay! Kristi hayward, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Mar 17 2007
NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE RIPOFF DISHONEST MISLEADING BILLING INORMATION CLEARWATER Florida
I received a notice saying I had been selected to enter my name for 2,000.00 sweetstate by calling the phone number on the notice. The notice also said No purchases were required. So I called the number and spoke to a woman. She spoke very fast and had an ethnic accent. I told her several times I could not understand her. At some point, when I finally could tell she was trying to sell me something, I immediately tried to get my husband on the other line as I was concerned I was about to be pushed into something I did not want to get involved with. He did not get on the phone and just told me not to buy anything. As the woman kept talking, I interrupted and told her I was not interested at this time as I had a lot of medical bills ( I have a malignant brain tumor and have had2 strokes within this past year). At that she began telling me more stuff I did not understand because of her accent and told me that the only cost I would incur would be the postage and handling charges for the 'Welcoming Package. and that I whatever it is I was getting I could cancel at any time. Like a fool, I gave her my credit card number; not believing that she would still try to sell me something I couldn't afford after telling my story. I was very wrong. She did. I was quite surprised when my husband showed me the bill for 67.08. He was very upset with me for having allowed someone to talk me into this. I was also upset because I was trying to avoid this kind of thing to begin with. On top of that I started receiving these annoying magazines, which neither of us read or have time to read. Neither of us are Latin, so why would we subsrcribe to Latino magine? Or, to Blender, of all magazines? I throw both of them away immediately. In addition to getting those and other magazines, I am receiving bills and renewal notices from these magazines. It has become a nightmare to me, causing me much unneccesary stress, something I need to avoid, particularly in my condition. I finally called NME. I spoke to a nice young man who appeared to want to help.I told him I wanted to cancel my account with NME . After telling him my story and what happened, he apologized he could not refund my 67.08 and then proceeded to offer me some gifts such as watches, which we received and a $50.00 restaurant voucherm which we did not receive. At any rate, after talking to him, I still am not sure my account has been canceled as there was a lot of double talking. This company is definitely a huge rip off and hopefully justice will be done to them for all of the anquish and burden they have caused. Christie RAPID CITY, South DakotaU.S.A.
Mar 25 2007
National Magazine Exchange dishonest fraudulent billing Rude Managers Ripoff Clearwater Florida
Called to cancel my order with in the 90 days and was given a hassel. They tried to work it that my account would be paid in full and would still get the magazines. When I told them I didn't want that, he said you agreed over and over again. I told him I wanted to cancel. But I had agreed on the other . I told hoim I would just call back and cancel. He was very nasty because I demanded that my order be cancel and money credited back to my account. He said he did it but still gave me the same number to comfrim it was cancel as the one before. I'll be calling my credit card company to not accept from this company. Roger Brookville, OhioU.S.A.
Oct 10 2007
National Magazine Exchange deceptive dead beats cheats Clearwater Internet
I placed a subscription with this company and the next day tried to cancell it the very next day the customer service responce was i could not stop the subscription because they do not operate on a trial bases period. I believe this is not fair,you should have the right to change your mind at anytime on anything they are basicly tell use you have no choice. They also threaten me with putting my account into collections even if i cancelled my credit card i used to place the order with. This is a deceptive practice, this is not mention in the solition portion of the order process, that once you start the process you can't opt out of it the day after. Gentry silver spring, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Clearwater, Internet
Oct 29 2007
National Magazine Exchange Sent collection agency for books not recieved $148.95 ? Nationwide
said to have sent me books but I did not recieve any books. now sending collections bureau after me. Betty Las Vegas, New MexicoU.S.A.
Entity: ?, Nationwide
Jan 26 2008
National Magazine Exchange ripped off us Clearwater Florida
One day I had received a call about subscribing to a FULL ONE YEAR subcribtion of magazines. The man who asked me about this told me that I could get so much stuff for free, including gift cards. He also said that I could have some magazine subscriptions for free. The reprentative asked me a few extra questions that I answered. I did agree to a one year full subscribtion. He then took my bank account information and told me it would be January for my year of membership to start. So now it is Janauary and I realized my bank account had a good amount of money missing out of it. Upon investigating my account to determine what had happened and where this money which was missing had gone to, I discovered some very disturbing information. I found that the magazine people had taken a total $321.39. I also discovered these people had signed me up for additional programs without my permission. As a result, of these people taking liberties with my personal account information, there was a total additional amount withdrawn totaling $718.49. When I called to ask them about this money being taken out of my account without my permission I spoke with a man named Robert from Passport to Fun. To my surprise when I called At Home Rewards, the same representative, Robert answered. The same man answered both the phones. This seems very suspicious. So after having this confersation they said that they would only refund me one payment of 67.84. They also said that I subcribed to a four year subcription instead of a one year subcription. I suppose this is part of the excuse they have come up with for not refunding my money. I am very upset. Now I am ready to deliver my baby and have lost a total of $718.49 out of my personal bank account, which I desperately need. I really would love to have my money back. I am really a frustated person right now. I also am getting ready to contact BBB if nothing is going to be resolved. I can not just ignore this injustice. Jess somerset, KentuckyU.S.A.
87, Report #32031
Oct 08 2002
National Magazine Exchange fraud, Anthony Valdone tricked and lied to us Clearwater Florida
i called this place to enter contest only.istead they subcribed me to magazines that i never asked for or heard .they did in a way that i never new they were even signing me up for anything. now they keep sending me a bill for 205.95.and i got a magazine today i assume is from them.i never ordered any magazines from them and dont want any either.i've never heard of this magazine i got in the mail today.i never signed up for anything.i dont want anything from them,i do not owe them anything.and i do not want this going against my credit.i will hire a lawyer if i have to and sue. jackson sarcoxie, Missouri
Feb 17 2003
National Magazine Exchange ripoff tricked and lied to us Clearwater Florida
National Magazine Exchange offfer me a free mans diamond watch for ordering extra magazines and did not send the watch to me tricked and lied to us Clearwater Florida ..... I was told that i would recieve a mans diamond watch for ordering extra magazines and never recieved the watch. Richard Anderson, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Feb 15 2003
National Magazine Exchange rip-off Clearwater Florida
I recently recieved a bill from these people for over 400.00. i never ordered or recieved any magazines from them. they keep sending me letters to pay, threat letters and I have called several times to refuse. i think they should be shut down. Andrea newark valley, New YorkU.S.A.
Mar 10 2003
National Magazine Exchange ripoff business Clearwater Florida
I MEANT TO FIND THE NUMBER OF THE CO. FOUND THAT SOMEONE WHO WAS PUT A CLAIM IN. I WAS RECIEVING MY MAGAZINES WHICH COSMO AND A CHILDREN MAGAZINE. THEN SUDDENLY MY COSMO STOP COMMING AND ITS BEEN A SEVERAL MONTHS WITHOUT. Deoni las vegas, Nevada, NevadaU.S.A.
Apr 11 2003
National Magazine Exchange ripoff deceptive company Nationwide Internet
I am mad because I didn't want the damn magazines in the first place and told them so now I also have a bill from this collection agency that I do not want to pay Karen loveland, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
May 05 2003
National Magazine Exchange ripoff fraud business Clearwater Florida
Back in December of 2002, I subscribed to national magazine exchange for a number of magazines, such as parenting, Family Circle, Good Housekeeping. I have only recieved a few of them since april. Then to top that they sent me a notice that I still owed them Ten Dollars, my husband and I looked over the bill and went ahead and paid them the ten dollars just in case we made a mistake on our part. Then we get another bill for Ten dollars again. That did it for me,how many ten dollar payments am I suppose to make. So I didnt pay them and tried to resolve the problem and they turned me in to a collection agency. So to this day they keep sending me there famous love letters and I keep filing them in the trash. Jennifer Los Lunas, New MexicoU.S.A.
Jul 26 2005
National Magazine Exchange RIPOFF Ex-employee worked there 8 days! CLEARWATER Florida
Just thought that I would let you guys know that if you fall for this pitch, the free watches with the real diamond;) at the twelve-o-clock setting have a street value of $2.99 if you even get them. The $40 gas rebate that is offered is only available in $10 increments and can only be used once a month. $10 for 4 months in a row. Wow! Can't dare tell you that on the phone though. I don't know how many people would say well at least I know I will get to fill up my car one time for free. I would have to put out a fake laugh and say thats right! Gasoline is so high right now Even though I knew it was total bullsh**. Talk about going home after work and not feeling good about yourself! These special gifts are given to you for free and all that you have to do is let us charge your credit card $267.00 Not only that but you will also be billed for a system call Connections that cost $9.95 a month. Hopefully you won't spot that one on your credit card statement for a couple months and when you do then you have to fight to have it removed. Maybe that's why I only lasted 8 days. Basically it's go to work, listen to some horrible team rally speach by a freak mangager and then talk some people into buying some magazines that aren't doing well at the news stand. It's sick to sign up an 87 year old woman with a 48 month subscription. I was told that the elderly are the easiest. Just tell them we have magazines like Prevention and Diabetic Cooking. The magazines (if you even get them) can take up to 3 months to receive. If you get the letter with the Pat Haines non-sense on it go ahead and call and enter. I don't know if the contest is real or not but it's worth a shot. Once you hear the hook line of 'what would you do with a million dollars.' Just HANG UP! Some people would ask when the drawing is and I would have to say on or about Dec. 31 If the mark asked why the about part of it, I was told to say that sometimes there are hurricanes in Florida and the drawing might have to wait a couple days. Hurricanes in DECEMBER? Get real! This was a red flag to me that the contest doesn't even exist. Good Riddance Lisa Tampa, FloridaU.S.A.
Aug 12 2005
N.M.E. - National Magazine Exchange ripoff Clearwater Florida
There is no Pat I called figuring it was a scam and I wanted to yell at them for sending me crap. When I got the thing in the mail it looked like a telegram almost and my heart stopped because I have been sending packages to a solider in Iraq and I thought maybe they were sending me a notice that she was killed. Then I open it up at it pissed me off. What a brat thing to do to a person Emily Stockton, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Dec 06 2004
NME National Magazine Exchange ripped off Lied about billing process Ripoff Clearwater Florida
I receaved a letter in the mail saying that i needed to call their 800 # if i wanted to qualify for the $1,000,000.00 sweep Stakes. The offer for the magazines sounded pretty good at first, and i told them that i didn't want half of what they offered to me. They said that was fine, but when they asked me what kind of billing i wanted to have, they told me that usually people get the every 3 to 4 months billing. They made it sound like my overall total was $67.80.... but now they have been billing me every 4 to 5 weeks in the amount of $67.80!!! I hope I can get my money back somehow. Thanks Christie Mira Loma, CaliforniaU.S.A.
May 26 2007
NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE Pulling my Credit Report Clearwater Florida
While checking my Credit Reports today, I see an inquiry was made by this company. They obviously were able to access my Credit File with Experian. What would give these people the right to my credit information! How did they get enough information about me and/or my social security number to do a credit check and for what purpose? I am outraged. Who are these people. It is my opinion that this entity has no legitimate business in my credit files. Why are they in my accessing my credit? To the best of my knowledge I have never had any dealings with a company by this name and I don't charge magazines. Sharon Plano, TexasU.S.A.
May 21 2007
National Magazine Exchange - Killing By Kindness Attempted to drown me in Wonderful offers. ripoff Clearwater Florida
I recieved the official-looking fed-ex style pink envelope thingy several weeks ago. $2,100,000 sweepstakes, hallelulah, saints-be-praised! Lord almighty, I'm a sucker. I know better than to get involved in this kind of stuff, but I called them up anyways. I didn't even WANT any magazines. But then I thought, Well, they might have some interesting ones... why not? So I gave up my name, address, credit-card number, personal preferences (through choice of magazines), etc, etc. All the time, I was thinking I can cancel ANYTIME for a complete refund! Free stuff! Woohoo!! Lord almighty, I'm greedy. I got the welcome letter last week, asking me to make my choices for my free gifts. Red flags started waving uncontrollably when I noted they had a pre-printed form-letter that included all the items they were giving to me extra for incentive. We'll give you TWO watches! AND a free digital address-book! AND a whole bunch of other magazines!! All if you sign up!! But... I already AGREED to sign up... what's with the extra showering with gifts? You're a PREFERRED and SPECIAL customer! The pictures of these gifts did not impress me, and it turns out I needed the money back on my card for something anyways. so I just called them up to cancel the account, BEFORE getting my free gifts. After twenty-five minutes on hold (thank GOD for rollover minutes). We'll discount you for half the account, essentially giving you two full years of subscriptions free! No thank you, I need the money back. We'll give you this as well! We'll also cut off all remaining payments, essentially meaning you've made all payments in full already! No thank you, I need the money back. We have Gas-cards, coupons, discounts to your favorite massage parlors.I'll be happy to cancel your account, and STILL give you all this and MORE!! No thank you. I need the money back. (Pauses were caused by attempts to hold in laughter) I'll personally come to your house, and wash your car with a toothbrush! Just please don't cancel your account! I can't STAND another hour in the iron maiden! Ok, that last one didn't happen, but it was definately the feel I got from her. Now, I've worked in the over-the-phone-everybody-hates-me-customer-service business myself, so I know they're just doing their jobs... I have no animosity toward the phone-agents. And I calmly explained my situation as best I could. I kept making her aware that I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I REALLY need the money refunded that I've already paid. The response of you DO know that you agreed to sign up for a 48 month service, correct? threw me for a second. but at times like this, I find the best weapon a person can have at their disposal is feigned blissful ignorance of the veiled threat. Yes, that is correct. However, I need the money back. Sorry. Very well, sir. I'll see what I can do Fifteen minutes of hold-time roll on by. I begin to wonder how many rollover minutes I HAVE. Your account has been cancelled, sir, and your credit-card will be refunded in full. Please disregard any further billing information you recieve from us. As a lesson to anyone dealing with these people, yelling won't help. they're USED to yelling. ALL telephone service personnel are USED to yelling (believe you, me)... but kindness is a weapon they're FAR too used to dishing out, and have zero experience at having to take. Lord almighty, I'm an evil person. Pray for me, one and all, that I don't have to fight this tyrant of gift-showering again! Or if I do, that I have gifts I can offer to THEM! Johnny Denver, ColoradoU.S.A.
Jun 14 2008
National Magazine Exchange HARASSMENT, LIARS, GREEDY! Clearwater Florida
My husband is kind of gulliable, and he was litterally tricked into signing up for the crappy magazines at the National Magazine Exchange in early 2007. Well, I don't care for that smut, but to humor my husband, I let them send me some for a few months, then called and cancelled the order. They said that I have one payment left and that they'd stop sending the magazines. I paid the last payment of $60 (which is a TOTAL RIP OFF in it's self... $60 for a few mags?!!!!) and they stopped sending me the magazines. Well, recently I recieved a notice that my account was grossly over due and that it was being sent to collections. I have attemped to correspond with some manager chick CASSANDRA NEW, but she ignores my correspondance, and now my husband is getting calls every day about up-grading, or re-newing, or whatever else they can think of to bug us. My husband has told them repeatedly that we nolonger wish to hear from them, to take his and my number off their call list, that they are harassing us... do I even have to say that so far they have not listened to a word we say? MY ADVICE TO ANYONE READING THIS OR CONSIDERING CALLING NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE, BEWARE! THEY ARE LIARS, THEY ARE GREEDY, AND THEY WILL HARASS YOU TO DEATH! BEWARE! AngryInTheWhiteMountains Pinetop, AZ 85935, ArizonaU.S.A.
Dec 24 2012
national magazine exchange conned me into a contest and their magazines Internet
I got a letter in the mail stating that i owe $67.08 for their magazines, i can't afford them right now. this is the second time i got into it with them. i called the BBB to report them and they got my money the first time and i only got two magazines for it. I did not see any others after the first one. I have both of my receipts and they took over 100 dollars the first time. I am not paying them again and not getting anything in return. I learned my lesson from the first time. I would really like it if they would just leave me alone and quit contacting me period.
Entity: , Internet
Jan 31 2016
National Magazine Exchange How to get a refund after purchasing magazines Largo Internet
  National Magazine Exchange is notorious for sending sweepstakes winning mail pieces to consumers in every state then when you call they sell you magazines. They are known to target seniors. I will tell you the sure fire way to get your money back. You must know that when you place your first order they will call you 3 months later to sell more mags. Before you know it you have spent $800.00 for 7 mags and will receive for 8yrs. In order to cancel you must arm yourself with rebuttals just as their paid reps are First thing you say is you are in a right to cancel state and you would like to cancel now and receive a full refund. This especially works well within 14 days of your initial order. If their system shows you received mags they will prorate refund. Now let's say you get a hardhead rep who totally disregards what you just said We call it acknowledge and ignore. You go to rebuttal 2 which is you or your loved one suffers from dementia or Alzheimer's. This is not a joke and honestly they should start processing a full refund asap. If they don't ask for a supervisor. A supervisor or 2 are always on duty. Repeat the dementia explanation and follow-up with the fact your next call is to the attorney General and the bbb I was one of their best but my approach was a more humanist approach to seniors who were ripped off. I did my best to be polite and caring. I only worked there to make ends meet always looking for a new job which I always found then nme. I hope this helps you. Best regards. Dont answer sweepstakes.
Entity: Internet