PRICELINE.COM Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Priceline.com

There may be more reports for "Priceline.com"

For more results perform a general search for "Priceline.com"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 02 2017
Priceline.com Ripped me off Internet
I went online to rent a car.  When it came time to pay for my rental it gave the option of a credit card or a debit card.  I slected debit as I do not have a credit card.  The information told me if I used my debit card, I would have to have my itinerary confirming my travel dates.  I did have the information.  When I went to rent the car Hertz told me they did not take debit cards only major credit cards and could not help me, I would have to call priceline.  Priceline told me they did not do refunds and I told them they could not charge me for a service I did not use.  They did give me a refund minus a cancellation fee.  So in other words they just tricked me out of my money.
Apr 19 2005
PRICELINE.COM Ripoff! Overcharges on hotel rooms, Bad customer Service. STAMFORD Connecticut
I recently booked a hotel room with Priceline.com They claim to guarantee the lowest price on hotel rooms. Not true. After agreeing to the Priceline.com price of $100.00 for a room in Chicago I discovered upon registration at the hotel that the standard room rate was $85.00. I contacted Priceline later that evening to inform them of the discrepancy. After finally making contact with a Customer Service Rep. I was put on hold and then continually routed from one rep to another. Once I returned home 2 days later, I attempted to contact Customer Service again... only to be told I have 24 hours to file the complaint. I explained the situation. Their response was a rude... you should have kept calling and or waiting. I will be contacting the Attorney General, FTC, BBB, ETC. Kelly HAMILTON, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: STAMFORD, Connecticut
Sep 09 2005
Priceline.com Ripoff dishonest lower than snake thieves Norwalk conneticut
priceline losers should all be put on death row. I have spent my entire day trying to deal with losers who are basically stealing $350.00 from me. I decided to help a friend bargin shop for hotels. priceline told me someone accepted the offer, they did not state what chain excepted so I flip to the next page. The hotel was unacceptable, not wanted so instead of hitting the accept button I logged out. I woke up this morning to find out my rent check is now going to a the Sahara's in vegas. Priceline apologizes for the inconvience, but won't stop the transaction. I called Sahar's, they haven't recieved a reservation for me Debra Parma Heights, OhioU.S.A.
Jul 07 2005
Priceline.com Ripoff Priceline Is Fraud, they ripped me off Herndon Virginia
I made an offer with priceline.com, after they rejected my offer since it was lower than the fair prices, they sent me new offer with a lower price however with 2 connection stops. I was interested in the price, I clicked on the price link to see the itinerary, and there I was commited to buy the ticket, my credit card was charged immediately without having the option to see the itinerary. The major problem is my itinerary, I'm travelling to attend my brother's wedding on Sunday at noon, and they booked my return on Sunday at 7a.m!!! I tried to contact them, only the automated system picks up. I talked to United airlines they told me to talk to priceline they have nothing to do with it. I sent priceline an email with no repsonse, I paid $700 for me and my wife to attend my brother's wedding they ruined my whole plan, I will only be there for 24 hours. This is so unfair. Imad Belmont, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Herndon, Virginia
Jul 12 2005
Priceline.com Ripoff unethical fraudulent ripoff confusing unfriendly unhelpful terrible Norwalk Connecticut
In the end of May 2005 I was looking to book a trip to Dublin, Ireland for June 26, 2005-June 2, 2005. I went to Priceline.com to get some package rates, I tried a few configurations and failed. However, in one of my attempts to secure a package that included hotel and airline I managed to get a successful transaction and booked a package. However, to my surprise, I received an e-mail some seven days laters stating that I was now able to reattempt to book my itinerary for Ireland since my last transaction had failed. I was stunned, confused and panicked since we had committments that required us to be in Dublin at the timefram listed above. I quickly went to another site and secured hotel and airlines for the trip. Upon my return from Ireland, I was reviewing my credit card statement and noticed that 3,200.00 of charges were charged to my account by Priceline. I quickly called my credit card company to file a report and immediately contact Priceline to see why I had been billed for a trip that I did not take. They stated that I had indeed booked a package to Ireland and that the e-mail that I received was for a previously failed attempt for booking the trip. Why would they send out a notice like that? It's that e-mail that caused confusion for me. Especially confusing since I am a very unexperienced traveler and had never dealt with Priceline.com before. There no refund policy is completely unflexible and does not allow for errors/computer malfunctions. There is absoultely NO clear communication to the consumer. Not only did I not have clear communication, I never received a confirmation or receipt for this trip. I never received information for traveling overseas, such as Passport/Visa information, Terrorism Alert, etc...In fact, I never received any other e-mails from Priceline after the one that stated I could retry to book my trip to Ireland. I have filed a report with the BBB and will continue to fight this to get my full refund! Pissed off at Priceline.com Itasca, IllinoisU.S.A.
Feb 05 2004
Priceline.com ripoff, double charge, credit card fraud, Norwalk Connecticut
I purchased 2 nights at a local motel due to weather conditions. I had to report back to work the next morning so I decided not to drive home. When I arrived at the motel, I was told they did not have a record of my motel reservation with Priceline.com. I showed them Pricelines confirmation but they still had no record of it. I talked them into a room for that night but they did not have a room for the next night. I went ahead and paid them for the one night and contacted Priceline the next morning. Priceline refused to reimburse me for any of my charges. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and will never, ever use them again. Ralph Westminster, MarylandU.S.A.
Apr 16 2003
Priceline.com bought false promises ripoff liars Norwalk Connecticut
Priceline.com bought ticket under false information given by Priceline representative that 3 year old could fly without ticket sitting in lap, NOT TRUE Norwalk, CT Norwalk, CT ..... I am writing this on behalf of the person who purchased the ticket. She asked if a separate ticket was needed for her 3 year old and was told no- she could sit in her lap. A few days later received a letter from Priceline that this wasn't possible since the US was at high level of security and that she would have to purchase another ticket. her ticket cost 200.00, price for the child's 1000. Since there is no way she could afford the ticket she asked for a refund. Was told no via email, called on the phone and was told she was confused no one told her the child did not need a ticket and would not refund her money. A third attempt via email, explaining that this was Priceline's error and no fault of hers, they still did not have the intergrity to refund the ticket or provide a voucher for use at a later time. Penny Wrightsville Beach, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Oct 16 2002
Priceline.com Legally getting by with stealing deceptive company Internet
BELOW IS ONE OF THE LETTERS THAT I SENT PRICELINE CONCERNING WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. IT EXPLAINS ALL OF THE SHIFTY STUFF THEY DID>>>>>> To whom it may concern, I purchased and airline ticket through your company thinking it would be a fast, easy, money saving idea. Unfortunately, I was completely mistaken. What I did find out is that Priceline.com practices unfair, devious and unlawful business practices. I purchased tickets on October 4th from Indianapolis to Myrtle Beach. The request # for the ticket is 279-659-260-71. On October 15th I called Delta, which was the commercial carrier for my flight, to confirm everything. When I called, I had no idea what I was in for. Delta proceeded to tell me that the itinerary in my name had been cancelled. Completely upset, I called Priceline.com to try and figure out what was going on. After waiting on hold for an abhorred amount of time, I finally got through to a customer service representative. From there I was transferred several times. I finally fell on the ears of Cynthia who is a representative at the travel desk. I explained to Cynthia the problem and I also explained to her that I know under normal circumstances that Priceline will not make changes to reservations, but I asked if it were possible if I could have my departure date changed because of an unexpected work situation which I needed to be back for a day earlier. Cynthia explained to me that it would be fine and she could do that for me with absolutely no problem. She explained that especially with all of the trouble I had been having that Priceline would do whatever they could to accomodate me. Cynthia then stated that she needed 30 minutes to speak with Delta and that she would call me back. Well, that never happened. I ended up calling back one hour and a half later, only to find out nothing had been done and I was told that I would have to wait until morning. The customer representative stated that Cynthia would contact me then. I waited until the next morning. When I arose, there was no call from Cynthia or Priceline. I waited through out the day. I received no call. At 3 pm, I called Priceline to find out what was going on. When I reached the customer representative, I was told that she wasn't sure what was done. She stated that she had to put me on hold and go talk to Cynthia who was on break. I waited on hold and the Customer rep explained to me that the airline reservation had been reinstated, but there was no note about the departure date being changed. I was then told at that point, there was nothing I could do. I then hung up and called Delta to confirm the itinerary, only to find out they knew nothing about anything being reinstated. The very helpful and nice lady with Delta called the customer care desk for me trying to help me get things squared away. Unfortunately their hands were tied and they could not really do anything on their end. I then called Priceline.com back and asked to speak to a floor supervisor. The very rude lady refused to transfer me at first. I then explained to her the situation and she rudely told me that there are no refunds no matter what. Basically, even in the event of Priceline.com's mistakes, there are no refunds, the consumer pays for the company's mistakes. After a much heated debate, she finally transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor, who I'll admit was a bit more understanding, told me the same thing, No refunds and its basically just too bad. I have to say that I have never been treated so rudely or dealt with a company that has such shifty business practices. I also want to inform you that I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they will be contacting your company within 30 days. In addition, I have contacted my lawyer at Ellis Law offices and you will be receiving word from them as well. I hope that this does not have to be settled in court. I am only asking for your company to be fair and do what is right. I want a refund of 241.95 (the cost of the ticket). I feel that is the ethical decision for your company to make. I beg to each of you to please put yourself in my shoes and remember what it is like when you have bad business practices happen to you. Sincerely, Jeremy T. Turner Jeremy Terre Haute, Iowa Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on priceline.com
Entity: Internet, Internet
Aug 26 2002
PRICELINE.COM WHERE TO GET HELP WITH PRICELINE COMPLAINTS Stanford CT
According to Clarkhoward.com you can file a complaint against Priceline.com with the Stanford CT BBB since that is where their company HQ is located. WALTER roanoke, Virginia
Entity: Nationwide
Oct 16 2009
Priceline Priceline.com Took my money Internet
I booked a hotel with Priceline for 3 days. I checked put prices and decided to go with the Hilton Garden Inn in New York near JFK. I drove from D.C. got there around 2am. When I turned on the street where the hotel was, I saw about 100 cars with a large amount of people hanging out. There was load music and drag racing on the street, cars and motor cycling. There was racing til about 4am, I could not sleep and was worried about my car being broken into. I called Priceline that morning to tell them I did not feel safe for my family and myself. I asked them to get me a credit for the nights that I would not use. I checked out that day and rented another place that was more expensive but in a safer place. First I was told that the hotel would have to credit me, but that that is not the case because the hotel did not ring up my card. But I did not know this until today, when I called the hotel. I have talked to person after person today until I went the highest I could on  the phone. Ben told me that there was no way I would get a refund from them. I talked to him and placed him in the same scenario, asked him what he would of done. Ben replied that he would of done the same thing I did. But I still am not getting my money back. Apparently you can not speak to anyone high in management. Only by e-mail or regular mail. Priceline cares only about their money. They do not care about how you feel. I did not feel safe there and they did not care. I will never use them again. I hope my CC company can get my money back. I have used them for a long time, but will never use them again.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Oct 13 2009
priceline.com ripped off 77 years old widow Norwalk, Connecticut
On October 6, 2009 I made an Airline reservation ticket for my 77 years old Aunt.  I, mistakenly, used my Aunt's marriage name, not aware that she ceased to use that name 16 years ago.  At the Airport, mu Aunt was not allowed to travel unless she changes her name on the ticket. Delta Airline representative told us that Priceline.com can easily change the name. I called Priceline from the Airport, its agent was not willing to change the name. But suggested that we buy a new ticket wih the correct name and be given a credit for the price of the old ticet. According to the agent, this credit is good for one year and be applied to the purchase of any Airline ticket through Priceline.com.  I agreed.  On October 13, 2009 I called Priceline.com to inquire about the credit. The agent, her name is Sandy kept lying to me. First she said that the credit can be used only for a person with the same name as the original ticket. I told her it is ok for my Aunt. I metioned to her that my Aunt will change her last name again to her marriage name so she can use the credit. Sandy, the Priceline agent, was not prepared for that answer.  She put me on hold for ten minutes and when she came back she informed me that there is no credit because the ticket became invalid!. she refused to give me the name of the agent who promised me the credit two days earlier.  I think Priceline.com is playing dirty game.  Fortunately for me I live 25 minutes away from their headquarter in Norwalk, CT. I will pursue the matter with the Small Claims Court.  Even though the amount of money is insignificant ($160) I think, as a principal, we need to do some thing to stop this kind of scam and poor service from this kind of companies.  I also would like to mention that Priceline.com did not disclose that we have to pay additional fees for luggage check in at the airport.
Feb 17 2009
PRICELINE.COM BEWARE ONCE YOU PUSH THE BUTTON Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Beware of pushing the button as William Shatter so eloquently states in the TV commercial for PRICELINE.COM. If you change any detail in the hotel agreement PRICELINE will charge you a one night's stay and $25.00 fee for this change. I recently booked at PRICELINE.COM and then went through a whole circle of emotions and a one hour on the phone with PRICELINE.COM. I was trying to book a hotel in downtown Providence. I wanted to surprise a relative with a birthday present, you see he is slightly handicapped and cannot walk great distances, so being in the downtown area was my greatest concern. Within seconds of the acceptance of my $85.00/night stay at the Providence Marriot, I called the Marriot to see just how far a walk it was to the downtown Providence Place Mall. The Marriot claimed it to be a 22 minute walk, which is far greater than I bargined. Upon calling back PRICELINE.COM I discoveraged new ways to tote the company line without any concern for the consumer. After on hold for 10 minutes a customer service agent spoke. She kept repeating the same line, you booked within our downtown zone and the Marriot is within that zone. How far a walk to the mall is not our concern, it is in the downtown zone. We can cancel your reservation, but will have to charge your credit card. After various ways of explaining that my guest cannot walk that far to enjoy the Providence downtown, I would get the same response. She could care less about anything I had to say, only spouting the company motto of you pushed the button and should have read the guidelines. She is certainly correct, but who reads the legal fine print; especially if you are not a lawyer. My call was literally 3 minutes after I booked the room on PRICELINE.COM. Finally she agreed (with great urging) to pass me through to the Customer Relations Department. After this conversation and wait, I have concluded that there is no relations department to speak of. They stated the same things, unwilling to refund a portion of the money or to cancel the reservation or to help me find a hotel room closer to the downtown area. The priceline maps and zones need to be paid close attention (as does the fine print) if you book through PRICELINE.COM Once you press the button on PRICELINE.COM you are committed without change... you are done!! Changes or questions: will not be discussed without a charge. Curious enough, I even informed PRICELINE.COM that the hotels website (Marriot) boosted of a spa and in fact the spa knew nothing about any arrangement with the Marriot and they were a 30 minute walk from the hotel. The Marriot has no spa. This did not matter to PRICELINE.COM because I had already press-the-button. NO MATTER! Once you press that button you are done....As far as waging any customer service complaint you can only do that through email. They will not give you a manager to speak on the telephone. There is no thought process here, just HOLD THE COMPANY LINE AND SAY NO.... LET THE BUYER BEWARE.... Paul Quincy, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Nationwide
Jul 18 2008
PRICELINE.COM PRICELINE ENGAGES IN DECEPTIVE PRACTICES! Norwalk Connecticut
BUYER BEWARE! Priceline.com is EXTREMELY MISLEADING. I did not know that airline tickets cost MORE on Priceline.com, NOT LESS. I just bought three round trip Jet Blue airline tickets on Priceline.com, and they are $30 MORE than if I had purchased them directly from the airline. The top of Priceline.com's home page states boldly in caps, SHOP FOR DISCOUNTED TRAVEL. Discounted from what? is the question. If my tickets were $30, MORE, what is the price discounted from? Boy, was I naive! I did not look on Jet Blue's web site first, because I was under the ERRONEOUS ASSUMPTION that ticket prices on Priceline.com would be equal or less to the individual airlines. Priceline.com's home page also states, NAME YOUR OWN PRICE... GET DEEPER DISCOUNTS. Silly me to assume that if you don't name your own price, you run the risk of PAYING MORE than what the airlines charge. How could I have not thought that? I looked on Jet Blue's web site one minute after my Priceline reservation was confirmed and saw that if I purchased them from Jet Blue, I would have $30 more to feed my family. I feel like a fool for not checking the Jet Blue web site prior to buying tickets from Priceline. Priceline has nothing by disrespect and contempt for consumers. They may count on our stupidity and I played right into their hands, by believing their hype of discounted travel on their web site. I IMMEDIATELY called Priceline, one minute after my reservation confirmation, as was told that the only price guarantee is if you purchase tickets through Name Your Own Price, not through Freshly Negotiated Travel Deals. (How does Priceline define the word deal?) Where does it say on the web site that prices may be higher than the airlines? Does Priceline have an ethical obligation to state this, if they use the words Discount Travel at the top of their home page? I am a documentary filmmaker and do quite a bit of traveling. I also book tickets for my crew. You can be rest assured, I will never book any travel on Priceline.com. Not if they have that much contempt for the consumer, by posting deliberate misleading wording on their web site, and then not making good on a Discount. (Very poor descriptive wording on their part.) RJM Boston, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Sep 30 2008
Priceline.com makes money of cancelations period Norwalk Connecticut
Priceline.com makes money of consumers who need to cancel or change their reservation. It is a profit that is greed, and bad-business. I made my reservation online today at 3pm for the Double Tree, Asheville, NC. By 3:45 I was told by my boss that I would need to book that trip a little later, becuase we had an unexpected conference with our very important customer the following day. I called the 800# on Priceline (all three of them) only to be connected to an automated only system that would only confirm my reservation. I had to research this company myself, and get the corporate number myself, and demand to speak with a live person. After speaking with someone - they advised me that I would have to pay $177 for an early cancelation fee FOR A RESERVATION THAT I MADE 45 MINUTES EARLIER!! I advised the lady that I would not pay such a dumb fee, expecially since the hotel (Double Tree) would allow this advanced of a cancelation, and charge no fee directly with me. She advised me that the company, and hotel are under and agreement, and that I would have to pay this fee. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and she connected me with another (equally as non-helpful) lady who advised me the same things. I told the lady Look - I booked this 45 minutes ago - I always stay with Double Tree, and they would allow this cancelation directly with NO FEE to the customer. Secondly, they have not even received the request yet. What am I paying your company for? I would just assume eat $177 than give it to you for nothing!. She read off (verbatim) the their policy AGAIN as though she had no personality, and was in fact, a robot. I asked to speak with her supervisor, and was told that any further questions would need to be presented in an email to their management department. She then refused to give me any emails, and directed me to the website to find it. Priceline sucks. I am so sick, and tired of not being able to trust any company. It is so sad that business cannot be done with a handshake anymore, and greed, and poor customer-service is all you get. I will never do any business with the company again. After further invesitgation on this company... I have determined why they are so adament on their cancelation policy.... Jeffery Boyd, President & CEO Priceline.com Compensation Salary $545,833.00 Bonus $0.00 Other Annual Compensation $0.00 Long term incentive plan payouts $0.00 Restricted stock awards $2,623,084.00 Security underlying options $0.00 All other compensation $7,212.00 Option awards $ $47,708.00 Non-equity incentive plan compensation $1,350,000.00 Change in pension value and nonqualified deferred compensation earnings $0.00 Total Compensation $4,573,837.00 I am mearly a consumer complaining about a company - however, if I were a shareholder in this company - I would have concerns just in this alone. The company is clearly built on greed, which historically will only bring its failure. The CEO is making $4.6M a year, and something tells me he is more than satisfied with his companies CANCELATION POLICY. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PRICELINE.COM Thanks for your time. Brucepalmer1 Greensboro, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Aug 10 2009
Priceline.com Bait and Switch Mountain Home Idaho
Well, they offer a great price. Place ticket, hotel, and rental car. They let you pick the time for your flights too. Then, after you pay, they change your time and say by the way, you can't change your times or cancel your order. i had placed an order for about $360.00 that included round-trip tickets, both departing about noon. after placing my order, it changed. now i'm leaving at about 6:00 am and not getting back home until almost midnight. i called customer service, the first representative (eric, 0209) said he couldn't do anything. too bad. when i asked if i could talk to his supervisor he pretended he couldn't hear me. the second representative offered to cancel my order and fine me $50 to do so, then try to resubmit the order for $700. she also told me that my times might change again anyway. David Colorado Springs, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Mountain Home, Idaho
Jan 02 2009
Priceline.com Ripoff, taking money by saying claim your reward Website Ohio
In Summer 2008, I booked a flight through Priceline.com. After confirmation they offered claim your 15% reward back. As soon I clicked link, It asked for password and city name. then they asked to buy something from them, I just turned off that link. Now for last 5 months they are charging my credit card for 11.99. they are not refunding my money, nor listening any thing. Price line is accomplice of this fraud as they provided my credit card number and other information. Is there anybody to help this poor man? Munawar MEMPHIS, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Nov 18 2008
Priceline.com Book you in Hotel Areas way out of Areas chosen Internet
My 1st time visiting Chicago and i selected a few areas in Chicago for hotel. I got locked in to a hotel that's not even in Chicago. I'm in another city altogether. This is so stupid! The consumer should have a choice of deciding whether the hotel is suitable or not...I want to get out of this contract and they are not responding to my emails. They suck! Moses san luis, ArizonaU.S.A.
Aug 15 2008
Priceline.com priceline ticket bid scam screws consumers Internet
I bid on a same-day round trip ticket from Los Angeles to San Francisco - the priceline info said the outbound flight would occur between 6am and noon. No option or prompt was offered to specify the return leg. The bid was accepted - I went for it - BIG MISTAKE (warning to other unsuspecting innocents). When I looked at the itinerary, the outbound flight wasn't leaving until 12:31 PM, arrival at SFO shortly after 2pm, and return to LAX at 4pm. So I guess I'm just supposed to sit in the airport for 2 hours and catch my flight home - NFW! I was going to the Japanese sword show at the Airport Marriot less than a mile from the terminal, but I'd need more than 2 hours to go, see stuff, and get back for my flight. The whole priceline thing was ridiculous in concept. I called and begged for forgiveness and was given a lethal dose of T.S., pal - have a nice day. So I called my credit card company and stopped the charge. I have to stay on top of it through Sept. 9th to ensure they don't repeat charge; if they do, then the thing goes into dispute. To my mind, they broke contract by scheduling the flight after 12 noon - there were plenty of early morning and late evening flights available. Does anybody know if I stand a chance in this? Ltitbld west hills, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Aug 14 2008
Priceline.Com Bait and Switch Tactics Hillside Internet
Priceline.Com is so dishonest. I was Looking for a flight and car deal. Use the name your own price. When I made a bid, for the flight and car, Priceline accepted the for flight and car. Once I got the Final Confirmation, it showed only the Flight was given. I immediately call priceline, not even Five Minutes passed. They refuse to acknowledge any wrong doing. I explain to them step by step what was done and they just refuse to even do anything to correct the situation. They claim there is nothing they can do, even if it is their fault. I ask for a Refund and they said that is against the Policy. Priceline is totally wrong for leading people under false pertents. If they want to make things right it is totally in they power to do so. I am now out $471 dollars, because the flight is no good to me as well. We as consumers near to put a stop to this practice. Class Action Suit is the way to go. Caldwell Hillside, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Hillside, Internet
Mar 31 2009
Priceline.com Tickets neither canceled nor refunded - deceptive web site Internet
I used priceline.com for the first (and last) time about a month ago to purchase 3 round trip tickets from Seattle to Austin, Texas for a friends wedding. At the time of the purchase, I was not certain of the departure date - so I wanted to buy refundable tickets. Although the priceline.com website was very clear about stating that any tickets bought through their name your own price outlet were non-refundable, they were not clear about whether tickets purchased throughout the rest of their site were non-refundable. After digging through a lot of material on their website, I came to the conclusion that the tickets could be refunded (minus $150) as long as I canceled in a timely manner. This made sense to me so I purchased the 3 $350 tickets (for a total of $1050). A few days later I was realized I was going to have to change the departure date from Seattle to Austin to a day earlier. I called customer support and they attempted to help me. Unfortunately, the cheapest alternative to what I already had was $700 and I didn't want to spend that kind of money. I confirmed that I would be able to cancel the tickets and looked at other websites to find something cheaper. I purchased a $350 replacement ticket for myself from another company (Expedia) that left Seattle a day earlier than by priceline.com tickets. (The remaining 2 tickets did not need to be changed so I left them as is.) I then called priceline.com and told them I wanted a refund for my ticket. They informed me that the ticket was non-refundable and that they would hold the money for a year and that I could use it during that time - but after a year the money would be gone. I told them that I felt that was deceptive - that I had been informed that I could get a refund for my ticket, that I didn't purchase non-refundable tickets - that their website STILL said that I could cancel the tickets and only be out $150. They replied that they would have to listen to the tapes of the person who informed me that I could get a refund - to verify that she actually said that. I was informed that they would call me back if 5 business days. 5 business days came and went without a call. I called them back and they apologized for not returning my call when they promised. I was also informed that they had not yet listened to the tapes. Additionally, I was now told that my were non only non-refundable - but that I could no longer cancel them - meaning that I was out the full cost of the ticket. I told them that I had made 2 previous calls to cancel the tickets and that this was unfair. They apologized and I was told that they would call me within 3 business days. I confirmed that they had my correct phone number. It's now 8 business days since they were supposed to call me back. I have heard nothing. I don't know if they ever canceled by ticket. I don't know if I have $350 credit at priceline.com. I don't WANT $500 credit at priceline.com. Their site is very deceptive as to the nature of the tickets. At no time were people rude to me on the phone - everyone was very nice and/or apologetic. I was never rude to anyone on the phone. However, it seems pretty clear their job is to get you off the phone and hope that you go away. I was promised twice that they would return by calls - but no return call was every made. John Seattle, WashingtonU.S.A.
Mar 09 2009
Priceline.com OUTRAGEOUS and POPULAR RIPPOFF Norwalk, Conn. Internet
On February 10th I purchased airline tickets thru priceline. I went back in to change my seats so that my husband and I could be seated together. It was excepted and supossedly changed thru priceline, however when I confirmed my seats with the airline co. My seats were NOt changed on my outbound flight. I have a printed copy from priceline. They aslo offered me a rental car at $9.00/per day for 3/12/09 thru 3/31/09 from DFW. However when I chose this car it was denied. I tried to call them continously for 6-8hrs and never was able to speak to a real person, Only William Shattner recording. I then sent them an e-mail and they responded with a phone Number to call and a request # to enter. when I finally reached a real person, she indicated that it was denied because they had NO inventory!! Why would anyone list rental cars with NO inventory and then tell you it was denied because the price is to LOW! I requested to speak to a manager, when I spoke with him, he said that the price listed there has to be negotiated. I asked Then why do you list this price and NO where on this web page do you state that it HAS to be Negotiated. If i wanted to negotiate the price myself I would have done that, But this price is what you have listed. He had no answer form me, This is very misleading, and false advertisement, and fraudulant. I would reccomend that SOMEONE REALLY SCRUTINIZE this company and all you people out there BE AWARE with this CO. They are RIPOFFS!! This is the phone # they gave me 1-800-340-0575 Good luck!!! Carol berryville, VirginiaU.S.A.
Mar 07 2009
Priceline.com Bait and Switch with impunity Norwalk Connecticut
I reserved a rental car at the Toronto international airport in August 2008. When I went to confirm the deal on Priceline.com, somehow the airport was mysteriously switched to Hamilton, Ontario. I wound up cancelling the whole trip and so never used the rental car reservation. Long story short, they refused to refund the $395.00 and I am currently disputing the charges for the fifth straight month on my credit card. Kenmoran Orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Jan 27 2010
priceline.com km wholesale inc, um plastics etc wire transfer internet scam Internet
I was contacted by this company after I inquired about an office clerk position.  They told me I would be processing online orders.  Because of the name I thought it was a reputable company.  The check they sent me was fictitious....and nearly shut my account down.  When I tried to contact them they would not respond
Jan 27 2010
priceline.com Priceline gave us a cheap hotel for the price of first class Internet
On January 25 priceline.com laid out the 3.5 star hotels available in the Monterey California area I made a bid they accepted my offer expecting one of the 3.5 star hotels that were advertised Priceline gave me a sub standard hotel that I ended up over paying for. The customer service rep then called me several times harrassing me and kept saying the same thing over and over then hanging up on me then would call back and say he didn't hang up and that I needed to read the terms of priceline.com the rude rep was Matthew Hul0409 beware priceline.com has went from a customer friendly company to a ripoff company when I called back they say they can upgrade you. I went to the entertaiment book and the price was way less then I bid. Priceline is ripping people off for their hard earned vacation money. I have used Priceline several times over the last few years this is the first time this has happened to me but after searching the internet this is a new business model for priceline.com they will not give in. I have only one choice to contact investor relations I'm sure investor relations will help sure submitted my complaint so far they have not contacted me. Priceline.com is now a scam Buyer BEWARE
Aug 31 2010
Priceline.com Bad link on site and led to to book incorrect hotel, Internet
Was booking hotel and flight, a bad link on site gave me incorrect hotel. Called them within a minute and they would not change or cancel

Approximately 451 Reports Found