Customer satisfaction commitment: Primerica | Ripoff Report

Your Search: Primerica

There may be more reports for "Primerica"

For more results perform a general search for "Primerica"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 25 2005
Primerica - Citigroup - Primeamerica ripoff, scam pyramid Greenville South Carolina*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
This company is a scam. An ex-friend invited me to come to an overview and i immediately knew I was being misled. They said that they help people but my friend told me that two people in that office make over $150,000 per year. Is that helping people? They also said that they market investments from Smith Barney, Fidelity, American Funds, Pioneer and a bunch of other companys. If they are part of Citigroup, they certainly can't do that. They also said that they are able to help home buyers with a mortgage that has no down payment, no PMI, and a program that helps them to get out of the mortgage early. I asked a friend in the mortgage industry who has access to over 3,000 different companys and loans if he has one of these loans and he said no, because it sounded bad for the mortgage company/bank and wouldn't be profitable. They also said that they are now distributing MetLife products but that is also a lie. My nephew works for MetLife as an adjuster and he said that MetLife is not having any financial problems at all. That would be like K-mart asking Walmart to market their stuff. Like that is going to happen! I think the thing that irritated me the most was that I have no experience in financial matters at all and I have no desire to sit down with someone in their mobile home helping them get out of debt, and then get laughed out of the country club. I'm also a little too old to start a career with some scam company, after spending the last 22 years in textiles until I was laid off. I'm sure something better will come along for me, and I said as much to my ex-friend. Joe charlotte, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Greenville, South Carolina
Feb 14 2005
Primerica ripoff Tulsa Oklahoma*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
By the way, If this company wasn't a ripoff or scam why are there more than 350 reports on this website alone. You also might check your local Better Busines Bureau. I did and was amazed at what I saw in the Tulsa and Oklahoma City BBB's. I don't see other companies that I have or might work for on this site, that should be a good clue. If I wanted to work for Wal-Mart I would never have to pay them $199 to get the job. Just a penny for your thoughts! D Jenks, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Feb 15 2005
Primerica Ripoff resume harvesting internet management: position San Diego California*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
First off, thank you for this website. I was contacted by a representative from Primerica (about 2 weeks ago) to come in for an interview (last week). I felt it was a little strange because the call came in at 5:30pm (past working hours) and the interview was scheduled for 6:00pm (again, past working hours). The representative, Effrain, said he was calling from Primerica, part of CitiGroup. He went off and spat out some facts and figures about the size of CitiGroup, their financial resources, etc. He asked me if I was still looking for employment and what I was looking to do. When I told him, he said that they had a position available for a Financial Analyst/Management Trainee. I said that would be fine and the interview was set up. I checked out their website and found it curious that there was not a Careers option listed. When I checked out CitiGroup's website I was able to search for Primerica jobs but, none came up. I was still curious about why I had not pulled anything up, but didn't think too much of it. An interview is an interview after all. A couple of days before the interview I searched for Primerica career and pulled up this site. WOW. I was stunned. All the stories I read happened to me: resume harvesting, management positions, late night phone calls, late night interviews, all of it. Just to double check, I called my uncle, who owns his own insurance company, to ask him about Primerica. He said that he heard of them and he didn't have a high opinion of them or their tactics. He went on to confirm that they were indeed an MLM firm. Armed with printouts of this website and the conversation with my uncle, I went home to cancel the interview (I would at least give Effrain that much). I got ahold of him and let him know that I was very concerned by what I had read and by what my uncle had told me. When asked where I got this information, I told him every website I went to, actually. He said that those cannot be trusted. When I mentioned my uncle again, he told me my uncle was wrong (basically calling him a liar, which is smart when trying to convice someone NOT to cancel an interview). The high pressure techniques by Effrain went on and on, some I told him never to call me again and hung up. Thanks to this website I never did go in for an interview which is really a sales pitch. Dustin San Diego, CaliforniaU.S.A. sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: San Diego, California
Feb 14 2005
Primerica is a 100% ripoff. They invite you to a meeting with as many people as possible for you to bring. They want a list with a minimum of 30 names your Boss can call to set up interviews. The company is a huge scam. I am certain that the people who work for the company are so low, and have been completley brain washed into thinking it helps people. WAKE UP you idiots! Get a real job and earn an honest decent living. D Jenks, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Dec 10 2004
Primerica CitiGroup ripoff Coquitlam British Columbia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Thank you for the report. This comapny does kinda stink. A little knowledge goes a long way. I might just go see this meeting with the reps just for laughs. I spent too much time in University for a scam to take me. The one thing I leant at University was research, research, and research a company before dipping your toes in . Johnny vancouver, British ColumbiaCanada
Entity: Coquitlam, British Columbia
Jan 22 2005
Primerica ripoff Lure of a job Carlsbad california*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
This is to all people who post their resumes on such sites as monster.com. I was contacted by Primerica to come in for an interview. When I asked what the job position was I was told Don't worry Mr Porter will explain everything What kind of an answer is this, especially when my resume indicates clerical. I keep the interview appointment and find out it is just a lure to get you in to their office for a damn sales pitch. I was shocked that these people use a Job Service as a means of luring people in to try to get them hooked on a sales pitch. He has called several times wondering why I never showed back up for their workshop that they have every saturday in their office in carlsbad. HMM I wasted a half day of vacation to keep an interview assuming that it had to do with my resume for a clerical position. Diane vista, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Carlsbad, Florida
Jan 11 2005
Primerica Is this a good opportunity Ripoff Duluth Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
Is this a good opportunity? Out of 20,000 people less than 300 make over $250,000 per year? Out of 20,000 less than 1,500 earn over $100,000 Out of 20,000 people these numbers are not impressive, but think about this: Primerica recruits 20,000 people per month or 240,000 per year! Now those numbers are getting worse aren't they? They've been doing this for over 25 years! Or 6,000,000 people That's less than 300 out of 6 million, making over $250,000 per year? Or less than 1500 out of 6 million making over $100,000! But they recruit people to become RVPs and earn $100,000? That $100,000 is gross income, what about taxes? office? rent? Assistant? Software? Satellite? Car Expense? Meeting? Conventions? I'm no rocket scientist but, If they recruit 240,000 people per year and they keep their licensed agents around 150,000. That's almost a 200% turnover per year! McDonald's keeps employees longer than Primerica keeps it's reps? Something smells fishy to me! There are legitimate opportunities out there, but this not one...... any PFSer will tell you This is a numbers game Well the numbers speak for themselves. Tom berwick, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Duluth, Georgia
Jan 11 2005
Primerica dan Defeo ripoff West Bridgewater Massachusetts*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
The individual representive dan defeo said I could get my money back within four months of joining. I informed the company a week ago and it should have gotten here by now. Also, above individual was supposed to help mye call clients instead he offered them jobs and did not help me Debbie taunton, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: West Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Dec 15 2004
Primerica rip-off! Lincoln, Nebraska.*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
I too, was contacted by Primerica. They were not aware of what I do for a living, or they would not have contacted me. I have been in the insurance industry for 22 years, and of course knew about Primerica. I won't go into my history, professional designations, etc. as they do not matter here. When the call came, my first instinct was to laugh and hang up, but then thought I would have some fun, and agreed to meet. When I got to their location, I was asked to fill out an application form. I refused, and asked to speak with the manager. The Regional Manager was there, and we met in his office. I stated I had some management experience and asked about the opportunities at Primerica. Wow! I could open my own office, recruit my own people, and be in six figures within a year! And-manage alot of my own clients- just like he did. He had over 1500 which he inherited from people who had moved on. Also, I would receive training! This BS went on for another 10 minutes or so, and I came clean. I said I was already in the business, and asked what he would recommend Primerica do in the following situation: My client is 72 years old, owns several farms, is retired, has two children- one who runs the farms, one who is not involved. The A/B Trust was set up before his wife died, the Buy / Sell is established with the children, the Keogh and SEP are in place, RMD's being distributed, also owns a Charitable Remainder Trust. Problem: He now wants to sell one of the farms and buy some commerical real estate in the city. Question for you: There is approx. $800,000 of gain on the sale- what would the advantages of executing a Sec. 1031 exchange of the property? Blank Stare... a little chuckle from me... out the door. The point is... there are thousands of people like him, and I have seen the damage done by poorly trained, clueless people in my business can do. As a rep. for Primerica- you don't even know what you don't know- and never will. Ron Lincoln, New MexicoU.S.A.
Entity: Lincoln, Nebraska
Jun 10 2005
Primerica Finacial ripoff Warner Robins Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
My Name is Christina Anzalone and I have recently been used and decieved by the company Primerica. I went in for a interview and They told me they help people with debt and money issues, which sounded okay at the time. I was told that I would start out working part time and making Five Hundred thirty dollars or more a week Just sitting down and talking with one family for 4 hours of my time. Well, then the representative I spoke with had me fill out papers and she told me i had to pay a licensing fee of $199.00. She talked me into it saying that Primerica pays most of the fee the whole price being $530.00. Well, then I realized i could not aford the 199.00 at the time and i heard a lot of bad things about this company so I asked for my money back and they said I had to fax my request to attention refunds and i do not have a fax machine. Why can't they just refund me my 199.00 back into my checking account? I never got started with this company and I should not have to pay 199.00 out of my pocket for nothing. What this company is doing is wrong and i want my money back so I have money to live. No one join this company they only want your money and references. Christina Centerville, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Warner Robins, Georgia
Oct 17 2005
PRIMERICA Not helping you, helping themselves. Fort Wayne Indiana*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I do see people saying the same thing I did. All Promerica wants is your warm market. They are out to steal your references from your resume. They want your friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. , etc. Did anyone ever see advertisement on T.V. for Primerica? NO!! Nor will you. Even Primerica admits they will never do this. So, this should make you stop and think exactly where are the customers comming from??? Honestly; here is the suggestion and what should make you think again, make the Rep/Upline use THEIR prospect to help train you. NOT YOURS!!! If they want to help you, they will use examples to help you, not put you in the hot seat with your friends, family, etc. When training even at McDonalds would the manager honestly put you on the hamburger line with no training during rush hour. NO!!! They would show you examples, take test and train during least productive times. Dave Fort Wayne, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Oct 03 2005
Primerica deceptive ripoff Golden Colorado*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I could have been a victim of a rip-off. However, I went on line and looked up Primeria aka Primerica Financial Services. When I read other people's stories on the web, it described the same way how I was approached. A friend told me to call him about a great career opportunity. A Jeffrey S. Darnell called me and invited me to a l hour presentation the following eveing. I went to their office where about 60 attended for a quick l hour presentation. The presentation cited they would be training folks in the next 18-24 months to open offices in Colorado. They cited to be part of Citigroup who had offices nationally and internationally specifically in Canada and in Mexico. A presenter stated that Primerica was on the Forbes 2000. They would teach on how corporate America and the banking industry make money, i.e., save $62.00 invest it for 30 years and earn $180,000.00. How to get that $62.00 would be though a FNA (Financial Assessment)free of charge. They wanted to help the individuals for a secure future. It would cost $199.00 for training materials, a CBI check, and for the license from the State of Colorado. I agreed to have a lunch meeting the following day. The following day, Mr. Darnell and I met. He said his associate would join us for lunch. She joined and ordered food.Small talk took place expecting a lot more informatio he simply asked if I had a credit card and showed me an application requiring personal information. Nothing in writing was offered. I started to fill out the application and he took it away from me and said if I had the money. I said no. I needed more information. I left with a possibility that we could work something. He called the following day and asked for the $199.00 I said no I did not have the money. He never called back. If he does, I will let him know I am not interested and that I researched Primerica and it's a rip-off and I made this report. Thank you. Patricia Denver, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Golden, Colorado
Nov 19 2005
Primerica No money made, ripoff Houston Texas*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
I worked for Primerica for 5 years. There are alot of positives to the company, but one HUGE downfall. VERY FEW PEOPLE MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES OR EVEN THEMSELVES. They recruit over 200,000 people a year but only a few thousand make 6 figures. Thats indecisively a bad marketing method put out by the company. People do not want to talk about Life Insurance, Debt, etc. Its something they dont understand and therefore dont want to talk about. You cant defeat human nature. Anyone that attempts to is stupid. I believe Primerica falls into that category. It IS VERY CORPORATE like in the fact that people that are like by the RVP's etc receive more accolades, NO QUESTION. Bottom line, the company makes its money by having 20,000 0r 30,000 agent a month selling life insurance. Good luck. By the way, their Term Insurance is the SAME as other companies but is 40 - 50% more expensive. Go figure. Info more important than name. Sean Sugar Land, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Houston, Texas
Nov 04 2005
Primerica Financial Services Ripoff Misrepresentation Irivne California*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
Dear All: I would like to bring the following situation to your attention: First Time I Joined Primerica: I joined Primerica in 2002 for the first time and worked under a Ronald (Ron) Jones in the Don Steepe Base Shop. Location: Irivne, CA. I was very eager to be with Primerica mostly due to its co-called Opportunities Meeting. Basically, they fish your resume from Monster or Hotjobs, call you up pretending this is a real over-the-phone interview, and invite you to a meeting where you're being told how great Primerica is. After the meeting, you meet with your recruiter, who is just there to talk you to death about the great opportunity, the alturistic way of helping people etc. Oh, and you're supposed to pay $199. What happens next? You attend a class after which you receive your Certificate that you need in order to take the State License Exam. Fact is that one person I know never received her certificate (even after 1 year) despite constant asking and asking, and asking. After 1 year her recruiter said that there is a missing box in her application. After 1 year... But, let's get back to my story: Mr. Jones turned out to be a great disappointment. Never received any good training, questions remained unanswered, he was not able to discuss any financial issues I raised, and broke promises all the time. The recruiter would tell you right away to compile a list with all people you know. Well, of course, to build your market, right? Wrong. The hidden agenda is that they want to sell all their products to your friends and family and get all the referrals. Do not ever give out an address that, in their jargon, is only a 1 or 2 pointer. That means, anyone who really needs help in their finances, is not worth turning to. 1 or 2 pointers simply are people who are unmarried, are below $50K, no house etc. I sometimes provided 1 or 2 pointers. Response: He's a f... loser. She's a drunken b*tch. Let him go down all by himself. He's not worth my time. Sounds very professional to me, doesn't it? Those comments from a financial services instiution?!? Great! This is the company you want to be involved with? Just another pyramid scheme. Your recruiter will tell you to recruit, recruit, and recruit. This puts people under you -- people who make money for you in the end. What else? Now and then, there are so-called Builder School events. Sounds good. Reality: Just give trophies to those with the most recruits, had the most sales etc. No real learning going on here. Just motivation for the masses. Whenever you visit their offices, look at all the posters, all the brochures, all the movies. Motivation pure. Don't dare saying anything negative about Primerica. I joined Primerica twice and was with them for almost 2 years. I know the insides. I'm not making up stories. Why should I? There's no gain for me here. My best advice: Stay away from Primerica! Dirk Fullerton, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Irivne, California
Dec 10 2003
Primerica Scam!! Thank you guys for giving me a heads up!! Jupiter Florida*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I got a call from a man saying that he had recieved my resume, although I don't recall ever sending it to that company. However, I have been looking for a job and had sent my resume to several companies so I might have sent it there for all I know. I went for an interview and just like everyone else had said. The man gave me this huge hype about how Primerica was a multi trillion dollar company and he went on for about 30 minutes with how great it was. He continued to say that I would be great for the company and then asked if I knew any one else that was of my calibur to also give him a call. Right there and then the gears started turning. When it came time for my questions about the job description he gave me very vague answers and said that they would do over everything in detail at the presentation. I left kind of excited cause it sounded like a great opportunity, but it just didn't seem right. I didn't have the education or any kind of background in this field yet he said that I was perfect. I decided to do a little check up. And i came across this site...I just want to say thank you to all of the people that took their time out to give people like me a heads up..I am definetly disappointed cause it sounded like a great opportunity..but I believe that it would've gotten alot worse reading everyones emails...so if u didn't know.. i am definetly not goin to the so-called cult orienation..as everyone calls it.. once again.. thank u soooo much.. Rita marie Jupiter, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Jupiter, Florida
Feb 20 2004
Primerica Tried to get me hooked St. Louis Missouri*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
If anyone from Primerica calls you, just say no! They called me ealier today and tried to schedule an interview for tomorrow morning. As a professional in my field, I started asking questions. Her initial responses to my inquiries were vague. She couldn't give me a job title, or an accurate descriprion of the position. She asked funny questions such as, Do you like money, and Don't you want to help people? My feelings on those comments? Bull. Business is business. Then she wanted to schedule meetings at odd hours of the day. 8 am on saturday? 7:30 pm on tuesday? She mentioned these meeting times like they occurred on a regular basis. It costs money to hire and fire people. Why would a legitimate company try to recruit candidates en masse? Also, why would they contact me out of the blue? I have applied for positions with various CitiGroup divisions, but those were specific positions with a specific set of requirements and duties. I couldn't even find Primerica on a career search within Citi. I did however find it in a search on Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com. Postings in both places included buzz phrases like make $500,000 right from home and be your own boss and set your own hours. People should recognize these buzz phrases from spam and homemade cardboard signs beside the road. I learned from an associate that it is a similar business to Cutco Knives. Ever had one of those kids at your door? They ask for the names and numbers of friends and family so they can share the great product with them. Same thing! In closing, stay well aware of this company. I have prepared myself for recieving harrassing phone calls from these people and am ready to call for a restraining order. Hopefully I won't have to be ugly. Amalia St. Louis, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: St. Louis, Missouri
Sep 14 2003
Primerica Almost got hooked into their scam. Chicago Illinois*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I posted my resume to the website craigslist.com on Saturday August 30th, 2003. I received this email later that day: _________________________________________________________________ Hello, My name is Bob Cockrell, I am with Primerica Financial Services. We are currently conducting an expansion in the Chicago area. We recently reviewed a copy of your resume online and are interested in speaking with you regarding opportunities with our company. Please feel free to give me a call in the office. You can reach me at 877 567 7565 or 630 886 7630. I look forward to speaking with you. Thanks, Bob Cockrell _________________________________________________________________ I emailed back after the Labor day holiday Tuesday (9/2/2003). _________________________________________________________________ Hello, Got your email. I'm juggling a few things this morning with clients and the home office. I'll give you a call this afternoon. (Tuesday 9/2/2003). Brad C DarkWave PC _________________________________________________________________ After playing phone tag I sent another email on Wednesday 9/2/2003. _________________________________________________________________ Hello Again, I received your voicemail. Looks like we keep missing each other. Is there a good time to call ? Or can we discuss details over email ? Brad C DarkWave PC _________________________________________________________________ I did not receive a response. Finally on 9/4/2003 I had the chance to speak with him on the phone. He asked how flexible I was with regard to my career. Which I didn't think was all that weird but I thought it was regarding W2 employment instead the consulting I have been doing. He told me about the new offices opening in the Chicagoland area and that they needed to hire some people. He told me of the next orientation was on Monday at 7PM and Saturday at 8:30 AM. I opted for Saturday and scheduled. He asked to make sure I called as a courtesy if I could not make it. I started to wonder if this was a real opportunity or a scam specifically because of the speed under which I was contacted about my resume and the slowness of the current market for technical consultants. I first looked for comments generally on google for some dirt. and lo and behold I found this entry below: _________________________________________________________________ foolishmortal unregistered citygroup = pyramid scam Apr 04 2001 05:03AM EST here's a funny story of my experience with citygroup. I had gotten a call from a lady who saw my resume on craigslist and said her company, citygroup financial services needed help opening offices. so I had told her I was looking for project management/coordination contract work and she said that was fine, that they had those types of positions open etc. and to come to their job fair. I get there and the first thing they do is close the door and ask no one to leave. should have clued me off, but I was way far away from door and didn't want to be rude...so instead I condemned myself to sit through a drivel presentation for an hour. I don't know if you've ever experienced them, but drivel by a bunch of idiots is the kindest way of putting it. what they do is mostly talk about money and get people excited to get money. and then they present a bunch of ideas or statistics that have no context nor quoted sources to them to illustrate badly/erroneously put together logic strings. well, I may just be a poor country caveman lawyer, but even I can see through that. it always makes me wonder how these folks can really get into it. they also talked a lot about church and god and family. that seems to be a connecting factor. they also said that one of the three principles is to let someone else do the thinking for you. that is also another connecting factor, to my inferior, foolish, mortal, unassisted way of thinking. at the end they had a survey that they asked everyone to fill out. so I did. they didn't have categories for what I had to say, so I put them in there for them. what they wanted, was if you didn't want to join their pyramid, ahem, I mean, sales team, they wanted to make you a customer. I was mad, but I had to laugh too. I'm such a sucker, but I swear when I spoke with the lady on the phone, it sounded like a legitimate job fair to me _________________________________________________________________ It was pretty much the same pitch I had just gotten, extremely disappointed, and immediately crafted an email and sent it. _________________________________________________________________ subject: I will not be participating in the orientation. Dear Mr. Cockrell, I have decided that I will not be participating in the orientation on Saturday 9/6/2003 at 8:30 AM. Brad C DarkWave PC _________________________________________________________________ I searched high and low (checking this site with the wrong keywords at first) by using google to search for +pyramid +citigroup. I found a bunch of hits and more tales of woe. I also called early Friday morning and left a voicemail that I was not coming to the orientation but if Citicorp/Primerica was interested in purchasing software to go the site xxxx I considered adding you almost got me but didn't. I decided to be professional about it. Oddly, A little after 6 PM on Saturday 9/6/2003, Mr. Cockrell called me to ask how the orientation went. I said that I sent an email and left a voicemail saying that I wasn't coming. (Like where have *you* been?) Oh I must have printed out the email and buried it somewhere. I'm sorry. And that was the end. I don't know if he was some poor shlub that had to find more victims or was a higher level manager. Anyway. They *didn't* get me. Happy ending to the story. Brad C DarkWave PC Brad Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica CLICK here to see why we deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Chicago, Illinois
Jun 12 2003
Primerica You must seek honest and worthwhile employment, it usually doesnt seek you! Philadelphia Pennsylvania*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
It was May of last year. I had just graduated with a 4 year degree in history. Now I was paying the penalty for picking a major that wasn't a direct track to a big money field because I had to find gainful employment in a tough job market with a humanities degree. Didn't seem very promising. So as I continued to work my sucky low paying retail job while waiting for the background check to clear for a government job I thought I would never finally get, I looked at other options wherever I could find them. I figured why not post my resumee on the internet and see if I got any worthwhile opportunities. One Afternoon I was in the house when the phone rang and it was someone from Primerica. They had seen my resume and I seemed like exactly what they were looking for to sell their service where they help people buy term life insurance and invest in mutual funds with what they're saving by not buying whole life, but I should really check their web site for more info. If I liked what I saw, I could go to an 'interview/presentation' a week from Saturday. There were a couple of strange things about this. First, how was I perfect material if I had no experience or education in finance? Second, what reputable business holds job interviews over the weekend? But hey, a job offer is a job offer and I was anxious to get into the work force. So That Saturday I put on one of my best suits and showed up with what turned out to be 30-35 other people. THe first phase would be a presentation put on by regional vice presidents. This turned out to be basically a pep rally with plenty of cheering and yelling and enthusiastic screaming about how even someone like myself with no experience or specialized degrees could be making 500-600 thousand dollars per year in just a few short years. All Id have to do was pay for my own training and provide a short list of names of people for Primerica to harass with cold calls. After this was finished I scheduled an interview for the next week and went home to talk to my mother. Lucky I didnt sign anything right then and there... she told me about former co-workers who got lured away from the comfort of city jobs by the big dollar signs Primerica waved in their faces. And she would see them a few years later still riding the subway, dressed in cheap clothes, looking unhappy and depressed, struggling to make ends meet and stay afloat long enough to make that one big sale that would put them on easy street and on the fast track to a regional VP position where they could sit back and sucker new people in and then leach off their commissiosn without having to put fourth any effort of their own anymore. And all the time the job was costing them more than it made them. Thankfully, I came to mysense before I started out my life in a dead end career and cancelled my appointment. I now have a very comfy federal job. To those employees who defend PFS as being misunderstood by those who just don't like a job that really makes you work... real training is 100% free. Real jobs make you money, they dont cost you money. Real jobs dont ask you to expose friends and family to cold calling offering them subpar services from poorly trained and un-knowledgable sales personel. Reputable employers have people coming to them to seek jobs, not the other way around. And realistically in these scams, unless you got in at the bottum floor, dont expect to be making hundreds of thousands a year in a few short years in a field where you have no specialized degree or training. Edward philadelphia, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Jun 10 2003
PRIMERICA Bulldozer Company --> Sign now ask questions later could be a rip off Fallon Missouri*UPDATE: Primerica gets a POSITIVE rating from Rip-off Report in customer support & satisfaction. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints from the past, present and in the future, and give 100% commitment to customer service-say Company Executives!
Recently our bestfriend joined in Primerica. She truly believes in the company and the services they offer. She phoned me to request a few moments of my time to practice on. No problem. She, along with her upline came to our home with a promise of a 45 minute interview ... which actually ended up being 2 1/2 hours long. We completed a Financial Needs Analysis with the promise that it would help us to see where we are at financially (which we already know thanks to Crown Financials free financial services)and what we needed to do to get out of debt. The second meeting was last night and has left a sour taste in my mouth. The meeting started up just fine but ended up being nothing more than a harrassment to purchase life insurance and refinance our home that night. Nevermind that they wanted over $8,000 in closing costs (this includes the 3% loan discount fee of $5667.77) and were offering a 7.69% interest rate despite our current rate being at 6.25%. They also put my husband's car into the loan (what kind of idiot is going to pay 30 years for a car that will be dead in 10 years tops) and insisted this was the wisest decision to make. They tried to show us that we'd be saving a ton by raising the interest rate on all our loans. They put our credit cards with low FIXED interests of 5% & 7.9% to 19% and 22% respectively. Further their $1419.23 a month payment for our home (6.25%), equity line(5%) and car(6.23%) did not include our taxes of $1700 a year and insurance of $500 that is currently part of our loan. They said we'd save $400 a month after combining our payments ... but as we'd be paying $8,000 in closing costs and paying 1.9% more in interest per month ... having to pay our insurance and taxes on our own ...we'd actually be in the hole even more. Once we said no for the 10th time, we moved on to life insurance. By this time, I was feeling irritated and annoyed that our nos meant absolutely nothing. My husband asked what they could offer us, he told them he'd like to comparison shop before making any rash decisions ...and unbelieveably the guy kept droning on and on. He kept saying, God forbid that you die tonight without insurance and I just want what's best for you. Interesting that a complete stranger would know what's best for our family. Our bestfriend interjected and tried to coax us into signing as well. We couldn't understand what the big deal was about thinking through their offer. I finally got up and left the room. It was rude and shameful on my part, but the only way I could think of to end the now 3 hour tirade. My husband escorted them to the door and thanked them for their time. Thus ended our horrible experience. What did we think of their insurance? We thought it was low, but we knew we could go lower with other companies. They wanted $85 a month for a $500,000 20 year term policy on each of us and $10,000 each on our two children. Not bad, right? Well, I knew I wouldn't be preferred because of my health yet he refused to disclose what the extra cost would be. Instead he waved his hand as if to brush my question away with the dust and said it couldn't be more than $4 more a month. $4 more a month is $48 more a year ... not that bad, but I wanted a guarantee it wouldn't be higher. He said to just sign now and when the paperwork came in we could decide if we wanted to keep it. Been down that road before with other companies .... don't want to go through the hassle of cancelling again. Always want you to send a written notice within 14 days or you're up a creek without a paddle. They aren't responsible for lost or stolen items in the mail .. blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. NO THANKS! SO to all who are thinking about Primerica ... I have nothing bad to say against the company but I will say READ THE FINE PRINT and CAREFULLY go over all the paperwork they send you for refinancing. Check out at least three other banks and insurance companies before you buy. AND DON'T BE PUSHED INTO DOING SOMETHING YOU MIGHT LATER REGRET. It's not rude to ask someone to leave your home ... especially if they persist to irritate you after you already said NO! Angela Saint Louis, MissouriU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: OFallon, Missouri
Aug 02 2003
PRIMERICA refund $199 licensing meetings classes scam ripoff Miami Lakes Duluth Florida Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
My name is Sefy and i am going live on this board with my request for a refund from Primerica. Tomorrow morning I will be attempting to contact Regena, the rep noted above (in other listings) in Duluth, GA at 1-800-243-8901 X7955. I have not attended a single class and I signed up fewer than 30 days ago. I expect a complete refund of $199. After reading the prior posts about Primerica, I am attempting to show the good side of this company. I am not interested in receiving the insurance licensing classes and wish a full refund. I am not denouncing Primerica and their practices, I am just not interested. I will post as I proceed... Sefy Sefy hialeah, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Miami Lakes, Florida
Aug 03 2003
Primerica ripoff ripoff deception Edison New Jersey*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
I was familiar with Primerica when it was A.L. Williams back in the 1990's (at that time, attending a Rah Rah meeting turned me off and my recruiter, who tried to pressure me to set up a meeting with my friend without even caring to check about his interests or qualifications, also turned me off). So we parted company. Last year, my new recruiter assured me that things were different (no more Rah Rah meetings e.g.) and told me that I would be reimbursed for my license and the test fee (which came to $415) plus getting reimbursed for my training class after going out on 10 appointments. Well I never got reimbursed and the recruiter claimed he never told me I can get reimbursed for my training class coming up with the excuse that's the way it used to be at Primerica. At rockbottom this is a multi-level company where you need to recruit to get into serious numbers. It's already been posted and I've heard from other sources that the term insurance is overpriced compared with other companies (it would be interesting to get some numbers to compare Primerica with the industry norm) and the reason why the term insurance is so high is to reward RVPs and above. Any business that depends on you to start off selling to your friends and relatives is unrealistic (if I had to depend on my friends and relatives to make money, then I wouldn't bother selling and try a more honorable livelihood. The only type of selling I know is where I give the customer satisfaction and value which I have been extremely successful at). With Primerica due to the IBA contract, if you do get someone to buy a product while undergoing training, then that money goes to the company. In the long run when you don't deceive customers (and recruits/ trainees), then you have the makings of a solid business. Eventually when the job recession has run its course, Primerica and other companies will have to start rolling up their sleeves and start doing honest product selling as opposed to their current recruiting tactics. Stuart North Brunswick, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Edison, New Jersey
Aug 25 2004
Primerica needs to be reported in every city. Rip-off! nationwide*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
Dear Courtney and other Primerica cheerleaders, First of all Primerica is not, a marketing division of Citigroup. It is actually registered with the NASD, a division of the SEC, as a broker-dealer. (PFS Investments) Citigroup has their own B/D registration not affiliated with PFS at all. Primerica is also licensed with state insurance departments/divisions. Therefore, certain rules must be abided by, including John giving his last name and where he is calling from. Not to mention the countless other things that I have read on this board that are in violation of all securities, insurance, state and jurisdictional laws. Free look period, do not call lists, truth-in-lending, fair practice, fiduciary due diligence, prudent man, etc. I am an OSJ of two registered B/D branches in Southern California. I have 10 securities and insurance licenses and am a CFP. I have a BA in Economics from a prestigious private university here in California. I have been in this business almost a decade and take professional offense to what Primerica is doing. To set the record straight, I don't want their clients. Primerica is not my competition and will never be my competition. I am registered with an independent B/D and have a pay out in excess of 95%. I have very large clients that don't want to go to seedy strip malls to meet with financial professionals. They have needs and desires beyond the scope of Primerica's small list of proprietary products. My peers have been very quiet on this situation because Primerica is not their competition. Trust me, if we wanted Primerica gone, it would be! Like someone else on this board said, Primerica cannot recruit people with finance backgrounds because we know better, just like wealthy investors. Doesn't that say something to you potential agents? On this board I have seen people say that you can make a lot of money helping people out of debt and straighten out their finances. Well, from professional experience, this is an oxymoron! People who have financial problems don't have money to save or buy insurance, they also typically don't have friends/family to sell to if you want to recruit them. This is why most financial advisers have minimums and again Primerica clients are not desirable to me so stop accusing us of being jealous. What are we... in high school? My concern is for the poor, typically less educated, individuals who get sucked into the program and waste their time and money. I am also very concerned about the type of proprietary products that are being sold that may not be suitable for individuals, especially given the lack of experience these professionals have. Reading this site really scares me! I have had several family friends who have been approached, but luckily talked to me first about Primerica's viability. I had one family friend not take my advice and needless to say her stint with Primerica lasted less than a year. Her argument to me was that she wanted to make extra cash on a part-time basis. Well, go sell Avon or Pampered Chef! Do you want your lawyer or doctor working on a part-time basis? I urge anyone who has been a victim of Primerica, or knows someone who has, to notify the NASD, Better Business Bureau, insurance department, and state attorney general's office and file a complaint. I also urge anyone who feels really wronged to print up these reports and distribute them to the people who are coming in for the group interview. (Abide by all laws when doing thisperhaps stand in the public parking lot carrying a sign.) Alternatively, if you are a financial services professional and see a violation of securities or insurance laws, please urge them to contact the NASD or the Department/Division of Insurance for the state of domicile. There are laws to protect you! I agree with the Primerica cheerleaders that this business is hard to get into and make a living, but there are other ways to do it and be much more successful and help people as opposed to sell/recruit to friends and family over priced products to make your mortgage payment! A. S. Claremont, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Every City, Nationwide
Aug 24 2004
Primerica These people will not leave me alone-Vultures! Cincinnati Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Well, well, well. These Primerica people will not leave me alone. I have had three different people from Primerica call me this week. Now keep in mind, I did about a year ago go to one of their Ahem recruiting meetings. As I sat through this meeting I got a bad taste in my mouth, something starting smelling. You know what they say if it smells like crap, tastes like crap--it is crap. After the meeting (yes I stayed) my recruiter tried to set up another interview and told me to bring my husband with me when I come. I told the recruiter I would bring him but he was probably going to be out with his girlfriend. LOL He did not find this amusing. Anyway, my latest call was from Ken (no last names, don't want to get sued). He did his little pitchy poo and I told him I was not interested. He wanted to further the conversation, I figured what the heck, Springer isn't on for another hour. I told him I needed a full time job with benefits. He stated the Primerica believes in paying people what they are worth. He went further and said who wants to come in and get paid for 40 hours? Duh-I do He wanted to know why I disklied Primerica so much and I told him that Primerica is a scam. Well, Ken got a bit defensive. The conversation ended right after that. Just remember, if they want you come to recruiting class, ask you for your hard earned money, ask you to bring a spouse or parent run like hell. Lisa Harrison, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio
Aug 06 2004
Primerica Ripoff Misleading Intimidating Belittling Redlands California*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I was contacted by Primerica almost 2 months ago. I had just started a job at a major appliance retailer and was little unsatisfied about my first job. My whole life I was an entrepenuer and relied on my personal knowledge of business to provide a descent income while I was in high school. I'd been out of high school about 3 weeks when I was contacted by a man who asked if I was still interested in working in finance. I assumed he got my resume on monster because I had posted it there a week or so before he called. I told him I was and I setup an interview with him for the next morning. The next day I went to the office, resume in hand. While waiting for his first interview to conclude I gazed around the office and looked at some literature lieing around. He called me into his office to interview and asked me to tell him a little about myself. I told him I was an entrepeneur, college student, and a few other things. He asked about my parents, which I found a little odd, but I told him my mom was a teacher, and father a worker for the city. The first red flag that was drawn was when he put down both my mother and father for working what I thought were decent and respectable careers. I noticed he didn't even glance at my resume one bit because he seemed too busy trying to sell me on some stupid dream. He finally did glance at my resume and saw that I had been a member of the DECA while in high school. He then went on and on about how he was trying to figure out why I was so sharp, when I thought I had been giving him some mediocre answers and feedback at best. He then called home to his wife who had a friend who as a DECA advisor and asked if she knew me. She vaguely remembered me from a conference we had with her school and I damn sure didn't remember her, but the name sounded familiar. He told me how he had judged some events and basically built up some confidence in me. Later that day I ran around telling people the great news about how I was gonna be working in finance and blah blah. So I go to the meeting the next night, which I along with the rest of you thought odd. Another odd thing is how they lady, i believe it was the guy's wife called me early that morning to remind me to go. Anyways, I went to the meeting the next night, and instantly a red flag came up when the lady who called me on the phone hugged me and junk and was all happy to see me, some guy she never met, come to the meeting. I blew that off and figured I'd see what it was all about. So I go in the big little meeting room, to notice there's a projector with a slide show setup, so that brought me to I guess red flag #4. I feel like this is dragging on, so long story short, I finished the presentation, which was complete crap with some interesting facts and figures. Although I want to point out something that irritated the h*ll out of me. I came in a suit and tie, and as I looked around the room there were people poorly groomed in sandles and shorts here for the same job offering as me. That really annoyed me and made me even more suspicious. The presentation ends and I get called into the RVP's office, he ask me how I liked it, and to rate my interest level. I told him 7 which was way higher than I really wanted to rate them. I just didn't want to offend him. He claims that I had an interest level of 10 the day before when he interviewed me, but I didn't even remember him asking me how interested I was. He seemed to barely remember me, but seemed to have all these vague but good comments about me. Anyways, still being skeptical, I signed up for the course or whatever and told him my cards were canceled due to getting eatin up in the ATM machine a week earlier, which was true, i had no working debit card. He insisted I still put down the number, so i did. He tells me to show up early saturday morning before I went to work to watch some tapes or something. So I agreed. Later that night, I went online and searched for 'working with primerica'. Funny thing is, ripoffreport.com comes in RIGHT under the primerica site. That seemed off especially since they claim they're number one and blah blah blah. So the next day I told my teacher, whom knowledge I rely upon heavily and I respect very much about my incident with Primerica and how the guy knew a DECA advisor, whom my teacher also knew. Well right as I said primerica, my teacher began to shake his head. I then knew I wouldn't be making any trips to primerica. I called my bank to make sure they wouldn't receive a dime from me. I didn't attend the saturday morning meeting and never heard from primerica again... so i thought. Yesterday morning, I was on my computer, when my mom told me I had a call. Which is odd, cause I do most my phone conversations on my cell phone. Well I pick up the phone and instantly recognize the voice. David C. It had been a good month since I last even spoke to him, and he was just now calling to check on me and why I didn't show. I told him about ripoffreport.com and how I had bad feelings and such. He was instantly pisssed. He started to yell at me about being unprofessional. I admitted it was unprofessional of me to not call and explain why i wasn't gonna continue on, but the simple fact was I didn't wanna have to talk to him again and get tricked back in. He then asked if I believed in God. I instantly said, 'NO'. He seemed caught off guard expecting that since I'm black, and all black people are super religous, I would say yes and be sucked back in. I told him I was a little annoyed by the motivational music and all the other crap they had put on to get people in. He was still very annoyed and kept ranting about how I was making a poor business decision. The funniest part came when he said, It's not a matter of wether you want to be apart of us or not, I have already made the decision to not bring you aboard based on this. I thought, WTF? I have already shown and told your *ss I didn't wanna be apart of your crap. He then went back into nice mode and told me how to get my 199 which they never got from me back, and then told me good luck. Conclusion is, I didn't feel any type of professionalism from primerica, nor did I see any respect towards how I chose to live my life. I was continually belittle for working at Sears, which I think is a decent place to work for a guy in college fresh out of high school. Their tactics seemed unethical and annoying. I'm glad I found this site before I went to the stupid class. Thanks to all who have complained. I hope my story has helped someone. Thanks Sam San Bernardino, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Redlands, California
Aug 06 2004
PRIMERICA IS MISLEADING AND TAKES ADVANTAGE OF DESPARATE PEOPLE RIPOFF Arcadia California*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I am so glad that I found this website to confirm my suspicions!! I just went to a meeting last night! I can assure you that I have been to plenty of these pyramid meetings and this one was the most entertaining. They all give you a presentation of what CAN be if you join the company and work hard. This company was no different. I went along with my boyfriend to support our friend who is pursuing this opportunity. I knew I'd be somewhat skeptical, but I figured, I'm here, let's just see if they're different. We are taken by our friend Jake and his brother Peter.(Peter recruited Jake and now Jake is trying to recruit Jerry my boyfriend, his friend Mark, and I. jake is a good friend to us so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. As soon as I sit in the car, Peter starts warming us up by asking questions about our finances and what our occupations are. I politely answer his questions without divulging too much information. I could already sense the familiar pressure coming. As we arrive, I see the all too familiar professional business suites. We meet Jake's cousin,Tom,also recruited by Peter. We all walk up together into this suite. This is the same strategy that I have seen before. The business suites are all nice, so that you can buy into their credibility. Of course, I saw it a mile away. In any case, I'm trying to have an open mind. I walk in to the office and the first thing I notice is the music. They have a small home stereo stashed under a cart that had a laptop and projector on the top shelf.The music playing is a 90's techno song that is obviously intended to amp up the audience. Then the music changes to-Coolio (a has been rapper). How professional is that? The next thing I notice is the bright green, dingy carpet and the dirty white walls (I figured out later- it's dirty because that's where reps stand and place their feet when there are no seats left). There are, what seem to be plaques and awards on the floor waiting to be hung and the room is filled with metal folding chairs. Next, we meet a burly, well dressed man named Gary. Gary, I notice, is missing his front teeth. I didn't know he was the Head Honcho (I say this because if he ever mentioned his title, I missed it during all his effort to covince everyone they are too broke and Primerica is the answer to their prayers). He welcomes us and asks us to be seated. We all sat and paid attention to the first presenter who welcomes us and says, Give yourselves a hand for being on time! A very familiar line. After the applause we are presented to a young woman who gives a quick overview of what the company does and goes on about how Primerica is a part of Citigroup. She goes on about how Citigroup is on the NYSE (which she couldn't even pronounce), how Citigroup is a TRILLION dollar company and so on. All the while she kept stumbling, slurring, and saying UMMMM-UMM and said everything faster than she could think about what she was saying. Yeah-great motivational speaker. She introduces us to yet another man. This gentleman, while the most professional of all speakers, continues with these vague concepts such as, The rule of 72. All the while there are people shouting in unison whenever a question is asked by the presenter.I've never been part of a cult, but it sure did seem like one. Everyone is calpping and shouting in excitement which, to me, was obviously an effort to get the new recruits excited. It's scarier to me than anything else. All these people being brainwashed and trying to brainwash. If the company is so great, why is it necessary to stage a show of excitement? After the brief, unspecific explanation of how savings, debt, and,life insurance effect people (yes there was an explanation of worst and best case scenarios) we are finally introduced to Gary. Gary is a funny man. He is an entertaining man. He is charismatic in his own ghetto way. I don't mean that to be derrogatory-even he admits it and in fact, is quite proud of it. I myself can be ghetto-that's not the point. The point is he is presenting himself to peers-so he is presenting himself as a person that you can relate to. He just happens to have alot more money than you do. Gary continually talks about how much money you can make working for yourself without overhead, without employees, without inventory. He talks about how we are slaves and how we are programmed to believe that education is the key to success. He goes on and on about the toys he buys for his son with accompanying slides of his son sitting on the hood of a Mercedez M-Class SUV in front of his 2 Motorcycles. He shows slides of Rolex Watches, a ring with 40 diamonds in it (the ring was given by the company in recognition of the great performance and the diamonds were added by the rep). He never mentioned a word of what the work entails. All he mentioned was that you recruit people to do this as do as do your recruits. The more people you develop on your team, the more money they make, and the more money you make. But what am I selling? Who am I selling to? Where do I get clients from? But what I did know ws that I was not investing the perfect company that has Former U.S. President Gerald Ford sitting on the board-no, I was investing $199 in myself! And if I didn't have $199 in 2004, I NEEDED Primerica. I needed to free myself from my slavemaster. GOD put us there to show us the way to be happy, wealthy, and free! Not working a J.O.B. Because J.O.B. stands for Journey Of the Broke I personally like Just Over Broke better. And I could make my $200 back in 2 weeks. All I had to do was A)get enrolled in the licensing classes and brin 3 recruits week one B) complete the training, pass the test, and get 3 more recruits in on week 2. At least it was something to that effect. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed or dazzled as our friend Mark was. Jerry said he'd do it if someone else paid the $200-he refuses to put up the $200 himself. For some reason, Peter and Tom come to me and ask me what I thought about the company. I responded,Well, I really wan't given very much information. He looked at me stunned-like I was supposed to be taken by this glamorous lifestyle. He says,Well what do you want to know? I say,What do I have to do to make all this money? I haven't been given a job description. I've been here an hour and a half and all I have heard people talk about is all this luxury and freedom that can be mine for $200. He responds Well you recruit people-that's how you make money I ask Okay-say I recruit people-then what? What do they do? He says,They recruit people. I say, Well if all I have to do is recruit people-why do I need a license? Tom interrupts as to save Peter the embarrassment of trying to convince me this business is legit and says,you need to sell the products Okay I say,But where am I getting these customers coming from? He explains that I start with my family and they'll give me refferals. I told that my family would NEVER go for this stuff. He replys Well how do you know? You haven't tried. I said-I know my family-they won't do it anymore than I would. He asks What is holding you back? I tell him, For one thing I dont have $200 to throw away to which Peter responds, Don't let the money get in the way of your dreams-there's ways around it I ignore him and say secondly, I just don't buy it. It may work for some people but I just don't think it's for me I get the Well I was just as skeptical as you-I quit my job and I was making $80,000 a year I said-Alright, if this guy is making so much money, why the crummy suite? He says This is just an office for meetings-we don't work from here. He (Gary)has 18 other offices and he opens one every 18 months. The offices aren't Primerica's-their his. That pretty much proved my point. But I continue If he is making so much money-why is he missing his front teeth?!?!? Tom says, He's getting them worked on right now I used to be a dental assistant-I know better. If the dentist is working on a bridge or a partial denture-he'll make sure you have a temporary appliance until your permanent appliance is ready. The only reason you wouldn't do this is because you don't have MONEY!!! They are so persistent that they said to me You must not have a good job if you can't afford $200. I told them I have a great job-that's not why I'm broke. I'm broke because I've been irresponsible with my money. They couldn't argue with that. They just laughed. The first sincere thing I heard all night. They finally end our converstion with we need to set you up an appointment with Gary so we can talk in detail I nod my head politely out of sheer anxiousness to end the meeting. I already made up my mind. Unfortunately, Peter doesn't think so. On our way home, he continues to pry and tries to convince me to try it out-at least part time. I politely said-I'd let him know if I was interested. Mark told me I was just being negative. Obviously, he's never been to these meetings before. Jerry says he doesn't care either way-as long as he doesn't risk any of HIS money-he's cool with it. Funny, no one tried to convince them this was a wonderful thing. Why were they trying so hard to recruit me? Probably because they knew that I would do some research of my own and discourage my boyfriend and his gullible friend, from buying into it. It just seems all so fishy to me. Maybe it does work for some people, maybe some people are successful at this stuff. I'm just not willing to bet my hard earned $200 or my personal information on it. I believe that if something seems too good to be true-it probably is. Now I have the proof. Thanks to this website and all those who posted reports of their own. Thank you all for speaking up! :) Good luck to all you entrepeneurs and job seekers out there. DON'T BE A SUCKER!!!!! Priscilla El Monte, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Arcadia, California