Customer satisfaction commitment: Primerica | Ripoff Report

Your Search: Primerica

There may be more reports for "Primerica"

For more results perform a general search for "Primerica"

Showing 76-100 of 707 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Primerica"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Mar 26 2004
Primerica Ripoff New York*UPDATE: Primerica gets a POSITIVE rating from Rip-off Report in customer support & satisfaction. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints from the past, present and in the future, and give 100% commitment to customer service-say Company Executives!
I have read a lot of post about pimerica being ripoffs. But I didn't read about them directly ripping some one off. has any one ever had a run in with them and given them money and they didn't live up to what an agreement. I don't work for them or anyting. I just want to know if they are real crooks or is everyone just speculating. April l, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: New York
Oct 15 2004
Primerica Believe what you read, not the hype ripoff Victoria Texas*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
After going to Hoovers first for research, then other websites, I saved the best for last. Thanks to all those who helped me not make the same mistake they had. My time was best spent reading all the postings here, rather than sitting through the well rehearsed, and much hyped interview. Today, I responded to an ad in the classifieds as did some people who seemed like they just got off at McDonald's. With a business degree, why would I want to work for anyone who would hire any warm body with $200? I realize that Primerica is legit, but just as much as the paint protectant and window etching I had to sell in the car business. That's why I left cars and wouldn't be caught dead selling overpriced term life insurance or loaded mutual funds. Not to mention, recruiting my family and friends. Primerica may offer real services but they aren't the best or even close. Primerica is like other financial services except with a Mary Kay spin. In my first interview, it was just like all the others above had said it would be. Offices were temporary, promises of $100K incomes, and travel. At what cost? My friends and family, my self respect, ohh and $200. It was also suggested that my wife join me already without knowing anything about her. They don't care who you recruit, as long as there are a bunch of them. When I sold cars I didn't ask customers to come to work with me. Asking for referrals is much different than asking them to sell for you. I wouldn't have sold cars very long if I had to split my commission. Thanks for saving me much time and agony. My wife and family will be grateful. It's too bad others can't see past the hype of the pyramid. I'm glad I was smart enough to end up here last. Now I need to call those people I had to put down as references and wise them up to Primerica so they aren't suckered because of my temporary stupidity. Steven Victoria, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Victoria, Texas
Oct 20 2004
Koehler & Associates {primerica} RIPOFF ATTEMPT Columbus Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I was contacted by three different people from koehler& associates brittney, kelly, joan. all from the same company all within the same day. Yes i did think this was a great opportunity but in the same thinking how could three different people from the same company not know that the other contacted me. I did set an appointment with the first one but after so many calls I decided to investicate this SO Called Company a little further. GUESS WHAT???? RIPOFF. I thank everyone whose has made a report about this So Called Company associated with PRIMERICA. Because like so many others i would have made the same mistake of going to that fist interview just to find out about RIPOFF!!!!. AGAIN CO.NAME: KOEHLER & ASSOCIATE 6200 BUSCH BLV. COLUMBUS OH. PRIMERICA !!!!RIP OFF!!!!!! Brenda grove city, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Ohio
Oct 20 2004
Primerica WAS ALMOST SUCKED IN ripoff Fresno California*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I am so thankful for everyones comments. I work as a waitress at a little bar and restaurant. One evening one of my customers basically told me that she could get me a job with her company making good money. She said she thought I was a hard worker and that she could find me a place in her company. I asked a couple questions....Doing what, what company, etc. She was vague but it didn't occur to me at the time to be suspicious. She said she worked for a finacial services division of Citigroup and that they had a couple of positions open. That they were looking for a couple good people to bring through the ropes. Well I was pretty excited, and I gave her my phone number. On Monday afternoon she called me and left a message. It was a cell number so when I called back I expected to get her. Instead a gentleman picks up and says he is her manager. I thought it was odd that he would be answering her cell phone but he scheduled me for an interview, still no info on the job no questions about my abilities. So I get the address. First real red flag. I mapquest it and nothing. So I used the internet yellow pages (i didn't know the name of the company). i just looked up Financial Services. Nothing comes up. So I go to my interview. BIG office with really nice furniture. They sit me in this confrence room and it occurs to me that there aren't any pictures on the walls like they just moved in. They start telling me about how they are going to make me rich and how the Owner aka Cult Leader makes millions and he doesn't even actually go to appointments, etc etc, and man was this guy passionate. The whole time I was there I felt like he was trying to sell me something when if I was interviewing for the job shouldn't I be selling myself. Then they show me around the office, they have this theatre like room with at least a 100 chairs, all I could think of was I better get out of here before I get brainwashed They wanted me to come back the next day for another interview being that the lady who approached me is a regular customer at the restaurant I work at. I said ok. So I went back today and I kept asking well where do you get your clients and how do we actually get money and what products are we selling, etc. All I got was run around. He said that I will have to come to this seminar that they are holding this Saturday that he already has a seat reserved for me. THEN he says and bring a friend with you that might be interested. I was like are you kidding me!!! i am interviewing for a job and he wants me to bring a friend. He then decides to show me a FNA and goes over the whole thing with me. WELL I am currently in City College and I happen to be taking PERSONAL FINANCE which apperently is the only class you need to work at Primerica. I couldn't believe the way he was trying to manipulate the figures and then he thought I didn't know what a simple interest loan was and goes on and on. All the time avoiding your questions. He just kept saying we help middle america, we help families etc etc. Well I have a good teacher at Fresno City College and first she taught us if it looks to good to be true it probably is and second she taught us about predatory lenders and lots of other stuff. This company is ridiculous and while i don't think they are breaking the letter of the law I think they are definately breaking the spirt and there has to be some definate ethics problems. Don't get sucked in! R Clovis, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Fresno, California
Oct 23 2004
Primerica ripoff California*UPDATE: Primerica gets a POSITIVE rating from Rip-off Report in customer support & satisfaction. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints from the past, present and in the future, and give 100% commitment to customer service-say Company Executives!
My husband and I met with a Primercia rep. after my husbands cousin and his wife begged us to. When I told her no, she said just meet with him so she could see his presentation and get practice. During the meeting I had several questions regarding rolling over our 401K and how to do so without penalties. The rep. did not give me correct information. He also stumbled through the many other questions I had about all of his other products. I must admit I did find myself interested in looking at the Life insurance and savings account they had. However, when I told the rep. that I was not interested in having him do a financial plan, and I was absolutely not interested in going to one of their meetings, he told me he could not sell me anything. I was floored! I couldn't believe he did this whole presentation, trying to sell me on products.......and then wouldn't let me buy them. And then had the nerve to ask for referrals from me. What a joke. Also, another writer had written about Primerica's mortgage loans. I did see a program that my father in law was offered that was as others have explained on this website. They offered him to refinance at a higher rate, but then the money he took out of the equity would be invested and in the end he would actually be getting a higher rate of return from the investments. But when I looked at this, it actually made more since to keep is low rate, get an equity line at even a lower rate and invest that money if he wanted to. It's true, from what I saw, the program had tricky wording to confuse consumers. Which makes me think there life insurance and other products are sold the same way. I wont even go into all of the time his cousin and wife are spending away from their 3 kids, one just a newborn. It is very sad. I trully hope this does work for them. But I seriously have my doubts! KK Mira Loma, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: ., California
Oct 04 2004
Primerica RIPOFF THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR EXPERIENCES Deerfield Illinois*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Just wanted to thank you all that have posted your experiences with Primerica. I just lost my job last week and am desperately trying to find a new job. One of their reps called me and after selling me on how great this company is and the growth potential, we scheduled the group introduction of the company. I decided to check them out on the internet, and luckily, I found this website and all the information I needed to decide against meeting with them. I'm sorry that you all had these experiences, but just know that you save at least one person from falling into their grimy little hands. Thanks again. Kim Schaumburg, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Deerfield, Illinois
Oct 06 2004
Primerica Pyramid-style scheme RIPOFF Nationwide Toronto Ontario*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I just received a call from Vicky from Primerica Financial Services. The first thing Vicky said to me was that my resume had been forwarded to her by an employer who said I had excellent people skills. Automatically, I became suspicious. I recently dropped off some resumes at bars and restaurants in downtown Toronto, but I had only DROPPED THEM OFF. The only time I ever spoke to anyone at all, much less any managers or employers, was when I had an interview for my current job. I immediately asked Vicky who had referred me, and she hedged the question and listed off a bunch of downtown bars. I told her I hadn't spoken to anyone in those bars, and she said Oh, well, it must have been someone who saw your resume and saw the qualities there that would be beneficial to our company. Now I don't know about any of you, but I'm pretty aware of the importance of good employees and how difficult it is to get a good job and keep it. My resume is entirely packed full of waitressing and bartending jobs. I'm an actress. No financial company in its right mind is going to call a person up based on their resume full of acting and waitressing jobs, without ever having met said person or spoken to anyone ELSE that's met said person. Just because my resume must have had qualities that would be beneficial to their company. What, like making a really fine caesar? It's like those modelling schemes you hear about. They'll come up to you in a mall, or prey on teenage girls in teenybop fashion shows. They tell you you're amazing and they want to represent you. Only after you sit down and have an interview with them do they tell you that in order for you to join their agency, you have to spend thousands of dollars on modelling classes and photo shoots and whathaveyou. REAL AGENCIES/COMPANIES DO NOT NEED TO RECRUIT PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO EXPERIENCE. They're too busy sifting through the piles of legitimate, experience-filled resumes in front of them, or recruiting people who have ALREADY PROVEN they're successful in this field. Anyway, as Vicky nattered on about how (even though she had never met me, never had spoken to anyone who had met me, only knew I wanted to be a waitress) she wanted me to be a MANAGER at Primerica, wanted me to TRAIN PEOPLE in the financial industry, etcetera etcetera, I stepped over to my computer and googled Primerica. And lo and behold! There in front of me was a list of sites, all about the Primerica recruitment scam. Vicky asked me what kind of hours I was looking for. I told her that I had been looking for bartending work because I wanted to work nights. Oh, she assured me, We have flexible hours, that isn't a problem. Anyway, the long and short of it is this. Primerica is a pyramid-style scheme. You get recruited, and then you make money based on how many people YOU can recruit. In other words, Vicky had fallen for the very scheme she was putting on me, and desperately hoping I would, in turn, fall for it, so she could make a few bucks. I politely thanked Vicky for her time and hung up. Folks: Don't bother going in for the interview(s). Don't do this. It's a waste of time, and, if you're gullible enough, a waste of money. Yes, Primerica has its supporters, as does Amway, as do the timeshare creeps. Cee Etobicoke, OntarioCanada
Entity: Toronto, Ontario
83, Report #119649
Nov 24 2004
Primerica Ripoff Scam operation alive and well in North York Ontario Canada*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
AVOID THIS SCAM, and save yourself a lot of trouble: I was a little suspicious answering a classified ad in a local Toronto newspaper that doesn't even list the company name. But as a single mother of a beautiful young boy, I really need work after being laid off so I called anyhow. It seems the person at the company (do they even use their real names?) was really pressuring me to come in for an interview as soon as possible, even though I clearly explained that babysitting would have to be arranged since it was an evening interview and presentation. Why would a presentation even occur? I wondered what kind of a financial company gives a presentation to a large group instead of strictly one-on-one interviews. Red flags were starting to go up. I had never in my life before heard of a large and apparently successful financial institution of any kind giving infomercial-style presentations to large groups of prospective employees before. Clearly, the ability to lie in a convincing manner allowed these dishonest scumbags to get where they are today! Lots of eye contact, a bit of cheesy small talk, phony compliments about my resume, questions about my son, and other such techniques are all part of the scam. The office seems about as authentic as a $3.00 bill. Phony awards with phony names hang on the wall. The place is new and has no character whatsoever. Everything is phony and fake and just wreaks of a scam. But the most amazing thing is the so-called presentation!!!!! A$$HOLE #1, B*#@H #2, A&&HOLE #3 ================================ The presentation didn't really tell you anything. The first speaker introduced the second speaker, the only woman involved with the scam, and she very briefly touched on the $199 + tax license you need to purchase from the company in order to practice whatever it is you might be supposedly doing. Everything was so confusing and repetitive and rambling. Clearly these people have little education... just greed, raw ambition, and the ethics of drug dealers, pimps, and other such greedy scum that exists in every big city in the world. But what really takes the take is the last speaker: a pompous little chubby prick of a bastard who gives some incredibly stupid lecture about: (1) how so many people are employees rather than business owners (2) how he overcame meningitis, sponsors children, attends church, why faith is first in his system of values, his many odd jobs, his plans to start a franchise in Italy in 2008, and so on (3) the incredible earning potential, blah blah blah Incredibly enough, this chubby little prick claimed not to have a rehearsed talk, that it was different every night and that he speaks from the heart and not a script... However, I can assure to all you folks that it is a thoroughly studied, practiced, rehearsed scam of the highest level. Avoid Primerica and anything related to it like the plague. Inform everybody you know about their disreputable practices. May these people never sleep at night, especially after trying to get $212 (that is $199 + tax) from a single mother who is having a tough time making ends meet. Also: the so-called North York office on Wilson Avenue is run by kids. Who in their right mind would believe that anybody but a Hollywood star or a super whiz kid 24 yrs. of age could make the $100,000/yr. salary he claimed to make. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD Sanders Toronto, OntarioCanada
Entity: North York, Ontario
Nov 18 2004
Primerica Ripoff I WAISTED TWO YEARS OF MY LIFE IN THIS SCAM Newark Delaware*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
It started in February of 2002. I was in my office with co-workers when a friend of mine started asking me how well I knew my personal finances and that he had a Financial Advisor who he thought I should speak to. I wasn't sure, but he invited me out to a 'Financial Seminar' one Thursday evening. He never mentioned Primerica or that it was an opportunity meeting and not a financial seminar. He never told me he had gotten token promotions from the RVP and had never done any business. He simply was in the business to recruit others to override their production. I went to the meeting thinking I would learn somthing about personal finances. I was greeted by a smooth talking RVP, 'Rob'. He seated me at the front of this small office on the ground floor of the building. I listened to the presentation and admittedly I was intrigued by the info. Things like the Rule of 72 and how to save money etc. Then they started talking about an opportunity to work for them. I was caught of guard and thought imediatley that was the reason I was invited. I always told myself I would never get involved in a MLM-Pyramid thing, but I was looking for extra income and the thought of this busines seemed legit because they mentioned they were the largest company in the world with Citigroup and middle class were drowning etc. I'm middle class so what they were saying hit home. I wish I knew then what I know now. You see they prey on the middle class because the wealthy won't touch them. That's how they suck you in by relating to your story. Well, with hesitation I took the bait. After the meeting the RVP invited me into his office. There weren't alot of people there, but out of everyone he chose me to talk to. Boy did I feel lucky. Haha. The RVP immediately began going into having me join under the guy that invited me. He said I could own my business (wrong) and they I could make lots of money. What a joke. I told him he would have to come over the house to meet my wife and we could discuss it then. Here's the irony. Remember above when I said that the guy who invited me never informed me of the reason I was really going? Well guess what I did the same thing to my wife. I told her the RVP was coming over to talk to us about finances and I never mentioned to her that I was interested in joining the business. She was caught way off guard as I was and she was upset at me. The point is that once exposed to Primerica, you immediaately begin to falsify things and come up with ways to get around telling the whole truth. I'm a good hearted person who loves his family and would do anything for them, but Primerica trapped me into becoming something I was not. Some may say you'r free to make your own decisions, yes true, but when you have an RVP and his cronies feeding you lines to use on everyone you can't help but fall into their trap. Anyway I joined for 199 and started off quickly. Lots of encouragement etc. I saw some family members, sold some insurance, recruited some people. The whole bit. The problem is when you join Primerica you are green to the industry and don't know any better or what's wrong or right. That's why they frown upon recruiting licensed agents or experienced agents in fear they may expose the RVP as a fraud who doesn't really know a thing about investing or insurance. They would say they would rather not recruit an agent because they would have untrain them and retrain them as to Primerica's way. Which is by the way the wrong way. On my first couple of appts. the RVP came with me (not the guy who recruited me). He would sell the products, investments and insurance and told me he would pay me after he did the business with my family. It's been over two years and guess how much of the money I've seen. Yup, zilch. Things were going good so I thought. I finally got securities licensed and made decent money on selling people overpriced Variable Annuities, which I'm ashamed to admit because now I know. I also sold the insurance, which I do think term is the way to go if you are investing. Here's the problem. Primerica preaches buy term and invest the difference in a Mutual Fund. Only a small percentage of the Primerica Sales force ever gets licensed to do securities. There are thousands of Reps out there preaching Buy Term invest the difference to their clients. They replace the clients cash value policies with lower cost term and tell them to invest. Then the client never invests any monay because once the insurance sale goes through the rep forgets about the client, plus the rep can't even invest because they aren't licensed. The client think they did the right thing but in 25-30 years when their policy expires they'll have little or no $ invested. Plus these reps talk about Mutual Funds and Investments even though they are ot licensed. That's a violation of SEC rules. The clients don't know that however so they get away with it. So I made some money and never saw my family, until around the new year 2004. That's when I really saw the light. I was doing alot of refinances through Primerica and started to question the interest rates and the concept of simple interest charges on the loan. See the loan trainers would train us on selling the loans ans the simple interest question always arose. The trainer would say yes our loans charge simple interest which would reduce the clients overall interest paid. Then in the next breath the trainer would say not for us to mention that to the clients. What's that about? I would think that if we had a way to sell something that benifited the client and that was better for the client that we could use. I'll tell you why we can't. Because the interest savings is so insignificant that it's not a benefit. But I only learned that the beginning of this year when I started to do some research on the refi products. They are terrible and the reps are so uneducated as to the product itself. All we were told is to get the client to sign an application for a refi every time we went out. Even if we thought they didn't need one. We would then come up with a way to sell it by showing net difference savings etc. etc. etc. Meanwhile the client that we sold the refi's to could've went elsewhere and gotten a better deal. I wish I knew earlier, unfortunately I didn't. So you can see the training is terrible when it comes to product knowledge. There are so many problems with the Products, the recruiting techniques and everything else that I'm making it may mission to make sure no one goes an where near Primerica. We used to listen to tapes in the car and attend meetings and seminars and such. One SNSD (top of the chain) used to say to us that we must follow up with our family, friends and prospects until they buy, join or die. Isn't that crazy, sounds like harassment to me. Another SNSD and even my RVP would say that they wouldn't work with or train someone who didn't buy our products, especially the life insurance. In fact I witnessed on several occcasions my RVP with a new recruit in our office doing their FNA (Financial Needs Analysis). What a joke. They throw a bunch of complicated numbers together and the client thinks they're getting something special. After they went through and typed the FNA on the computer the RVP didn't even really explain the FNA to the new recruit. He went right for the life sale like a shark goinf after an injured seal. I used to think to myself, that poor guy doesn't know what's coming.' I finally left for a lack of a market, because all my friends and family were tapped as either clients or they didn't want to hear about it anymore and the ultimate reason was that Primerica products just weren't ethical and I couldn't continue to sell them after I found out what I had. Primerica is a place where lies and deceit are ramped, not only between with the rep to the client, but also between the RVP and his reps. The tension in the office was terrible. You couldn't trust anyone. That's the truth whether they admit it or not. You had no reason to help your coworkers because you were trying to beat them to RVP and knock them out of the game because they would take your market. It was terrible. I say to all thinking about doing business with Primerica, DON'T DO IT. Don't end up like me with shame and regrets. Although now I feel a whole lot better for leaving. Ron Wilmington, DelawareU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Newark, Delaware
85, Report #119488
Nov 23 2004
Primerica Company preys on those seeking employment. Rip-off! Oklahoma*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I would liken my experience with Primerica's recruiter to this: The Assistant Shift Manager at your local Kentucky Fried Chicken calls your cell phone during peak hours unsolicited and says Hi, I work for PepsiCo. Have you ever heard of us? We are opening a branch in your area and are looking for trainers/managers. Then you meet the guy and find out he wants 200 bucks then you can be a fry cook until ya work real hard then someday perhaps own your own string of KFC's. of course you won't just be making money slingin' chicken but the rewarding part is...you are selflessly providing that most basic human need, food. what a bunch of crap!!!I am vexed by all the Owner's responses. They seem awfully hateful for such a supposedly upstanding company purportedly whose only goal is a self-less need to help people out of debt. I am also struck by the apparent lack of education evidenced by their grammar, spelling and apparent inability to follow a point. It seems a small wonder they are resorting to pie-in-the sky pyramid scams, while belittling those who are skeptical of a company who operates under very questionable bait and switch policies. I was approched via cell phone by a gentleman named Jay Wright here in Oklahoma City, who claimed my name was passed on to him as someone who may be seeking employment. Jay said he worked for CitiGroup. he asked if I had heard of them? Umm...duh? Of course I had, he then asked what I had heard, did i know they owned SmithBarney and Travelers' Ins. NOT ONCE was primerica mentioned in the call. He did use the Looking for managers/trainers, yadda yadda .. speech and asked if I could meet him today at 1PM I agreed but cancelled after a heads up from a friend and a google search which yielded a ton of negative sites devoted to them. I think it's a shame to bilk people in this economy out of $200 bucks. No company worth its' salt charges people to train them, especially charging them for their training manuals, gimme a break. Beware of Pre-Paid legal as well it is almost an identical rip-off. Charles OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: OKC, Oklahoma
Jun 11 2004
Primerica ripoff scam $199 illegal fraudulent Banning California*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Now, like the others, i have recieved the nifty little e-mail, and the phone call promising me the millions of dollars that i'm gonna be making, i'm a college student, and the dude offered job where i set my own hours.....cute, anywas, me being me, i go to the internet and search for Primerica, find their site, it look legit, but missing something, aha, it's made just for you to see, yes you, whoever is paying the 199 dollars! i look for Primerica scam 199, and what do you know! after reading all the stories here and on other sites, i have decided to print out as many stories as i can, and taking them to a meeting, which will be held tomorrow for about 30 people or so...... i got BALLS, so it's gonna be funny, i'll keep ya updated. Jj Southern, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Riverside, California
Jun 06 2004
Primerica ripoff Cincinnati Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Primerica has to be the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard of. I got contacted by a cat named Derrick Luther and he asked me to come in for an interview a few weeks ago...and what a load of BS!. This whole company just screamed scam from the moment I set foot in the doors. People were just high fiving each other like crazy and having a high old time. Everyone was so fake it just made me literally sick to my stomach. Luther & Bill Snowball (if that's his real name) tried their best to con me into shelling out $199.99 for their half-assed course and phony license, but I wasn't having any of it. For a company that was doing all this hiring they couldn't answer 1 question clearly. They spent a good 2 hrs rambling on about nothing basically saying how they get people out of debt in no time at all. What really sealed it was: they had Channel 5's weatherman Mark Messaro (I guess that's how you spell his name.) Come in and say he's making way more at Primerica than he does at the station. Actually he reminded me of Troy McClure from The Simpsons as he all but said that he's being paid to endorse the office. I'm just glad I didn't give these scam artists one red cent. They are a bunch of losers that prey off of good people that are looking for a better life for them & their families. It's just sad that we live in a world where this stuff happens. I don't know how they sleep at night. A.J Cincinnati, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio
Jun 04 2004
Primerica screwjob: how to get even ripoff like organized religion Urbandale Iowa*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I was contacted by Primerica,and actually attended one of their cultish little gatherings. Primerica reminds me a lot of organized religion: they'll promise you pie in the sky tomorrow so that you'll eat their sh!t today. I walked out of their meeting after they got to the part about giving them $200, and the guy kept calling me and asking for names of people that might be interested in their opportunities and services. After the third phone call, I gave him some names all right...of ten recent parolees, who were convicted of violent offenses and are currently living in the Des Moines area. 5 of them had done time for killing multiple people and three of *them* are categorized as having severe anger management problems. The remainder of the leads I gave the guy had done time for male-on-male sex crimes. Hey Chad, I hope you like your lead list (if you live through lead number three, that is)...I forgot to tell you that my best friend works in the Federal Corrections System! Watch your butt, Bubba! LOL!!! Ryan Altoona, IowaU.S.A.
Entity: Urbandale, Iowa
Jan 30 2002
Primerica is a ripoff scam Federal Way Washington State*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I received a call from Primerica not too long ago. In my case (as noted in other reports) I had posted my resume on Monster.com and received an e-mail a few days later (amidst other legitimate responses) from a Bob (not his real name) at Primerica (one of the biggest financial services companies in the world)in Federal Way, WA. Bob wanted me to call and chat about the opportunities Primerica had for me. Now, my resume clearly indicated that I was looking for IT work: network administration, etc. Bob's e-mail was very upbeat and I was pretty excited when I called him. Bob was nice on the phone. He talked up Primerica as a major player in the financial world, etc. Sounded good to me. But when I pressed him for details about the position he grew very vague. I pointed out that I was looking for a job as a network administrator and Bob reassured me that he felt I could find a suitable position at Primerica. When I pressed him for what specifically he meant, he said well, that depends on you. Let's get together and talk about how you might fit in at Primerica. He also mentioned something about management. This was when the first red flag went up: I had no managment experience, was just getting started in IT, and could not imagine why a company would think, based on my resume, that I had the experience necessary for a management job. Not to mention I had no interest in managing anyway: I wanted to keep working with networks. I setup a meeting time with Bob. Then I called my brother and was telling him about this rather strange response to my resume. Keep in mind that I was really eager to get a new job (the company where I worked was moving out of state). My brother said No way. I got a call from Primerica a few months ago and they gave me the same pitch: 'we think you're cut out for a management opportunity with our company'. Considering that they don't know me, I told them I wasn't interested. Sounds like a scam. The more I thought about it, the more I knew, almost instantly at that point, that he was right. Now, unlike some posters, I consider any multi-level marketing/pyramid scheme, from Mary Kay to Amway to Primerica, to be an affront to the intelligence of humans everywhere. I don't care if a few greedy sleazebags do get rich, they're preying on the ignorant masses. Bottom line is: any company, Primerica included, that trolls for recruits who are looking for legitimate work and misrepresents the fact that they DO NOT have a job in line with what the job-seeker is after is morally repugnant. It would be different if they said: Hey, my name is Bob and I saw your resume out on Monster.com. I work for Primerica. While I don't have a job related to computers, I would like to discuss an opportunity for you to make money as a financial consultant (sic) working for Primerica. At least then I could tell him to shove it without having to intuit that he was a fake. I seriously considered calling Bob and cancelling my appointment. But I figured that the hour he had booked to give me the pitch was one less hour he could be swindling some other poor sap. Besides, I rather liked the idea of Bob waiting hopefully for me to arrive and then realizing that I must have done some checking and realized that Primerica is just another multi-level cancer on the American business scene.
Entity: Federal Way, Washington
Jul 19 2012
Primerica: Caveat Emptor*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I attended a meeting after being invited personally by the Regional VP of the Columbus, Ohio office Michael Weihrauch via an email. I found it somewhat odd that the email came from a Yahoo account as opposed to a company's network, but let it go.Ther email, of course, mentioned the Citigroup name prominently. Of course, I know this company; I remember the The City never sleeps, Citibank commercians that ran on commercials when I was a child in New York City. And I have a Citibank Visa card in my wallet as well.I had to reschedule my interview, and found it odd again that the interview was scheduled for 7:30 the evening, but I could see a busy person staying late for calls to the West Coast during their business hours.It never occured to me to ask Michael in our email conversations about how he knew I was looking for a job. I applied to over 200 jobs in the past month, and while I keep meticulous track of where I send my resumes, a lot of employers place jobs anonymously, and a decent number of the positions I sent resumes off to included fax numbers, boxes at the local newspaper who ran the ad, or email addresses with little information. So I just assumed that Primerica was one of those jobs. Hell, I even expected it to be a clerical position since most of the jobs I applied to were in that field. The fact that it was a financial organization didn't faze me; I applied to jobs at Discover, several local banks and some collections companies.I went to the office with my first-year law scho9ol student fiancee in tow since we were going to hit the gym after the interview. Contrary to some reports here, the office was nice enough, though it's position in a dying mall probably meant it was cheaper than it looked.Immediately, I knew it was not an interview, it was a meeting. I am quite familiar with how these things operate, and the etting reeked of a scam. Group meetings are generally a good clue. The small talk that was made by Michael and his associates before the meeting started was also a giveaway: Scammers sure do love to make a lot of small talk! Real interviewers might allow some pleasant banter, but not at the expense of something *real*.In any event, the display was about 20 minutes of banter from three folks who passed the baton to each other. The person who was first, at the conclusion of her part of the presentation, actually had us applaud the second person. Sorry, I thought this was supposed to be professional!What was presented was not an overview of the company. In the manner that someone with knowledge of these kinds of shucksters would spot immediately, they threw a lot of anecdotal remarks and what was supposed to be amusing banter with supposed facts about how people are. They were quick to bring out figures from USA Today articles and the like, and commented about how people are stupid about finances and how they needed help to learn.They spent a ton of time dissing Walmart greeters who couldn't retire (as if every person wants to sit around and wait to die when they turn 63), and pointing out how such a large percentage of people who were able to retire were entrepeneurs (Quite a nebulous term, as a freelance writer who files a Schedule C, I am an entrepeneaur too, yet I ain't geting rich as a music critic!)However, the specifics were lacking. And they even messed up one of their supposedly true examples of helping people: The one where they showed a family of three's life insurance situation before and after. Even a novice could tell that it was a bit odd that the husband and wife had very low figures for their own life insurance coverage while there was a ton more coverage for the kid. This is quite illogical.It also turns out that it is illegal. A woman sitting behind me pointed out that laws stated that the parents had to have five times more life insurance than minor children. It makes sense if you think about it. When the presenter questioned her about her knowledge, she said she is a licensed insurance salesperson. The obviously flustered presenter stammered, but never explained why an illegal example was used in the presentation. (It's possible that this is a state law - that would have been a nice out for the Primerica people to use - but he didn't, and it's possible that the law is fairly uniform across most all states.)When the VP who invited me went on (last), he was also full of the usual tripe - about how companies pay the position and not the person, about how working for a living is horrible, that your employer will never respect you, and about how he was so f***ed over in his last job. He also complained about how, even though he made decent money, that he was getting into debt. Of course, Primerica solved all of his worries!When he got to the slides that talked about the income that their associates makes, any shred of doubt as to the scamminess of the proceedings went away. Legitimate companies don't throw out numbers in this manner, even realistic ones. Even sales and marketing positions with mostly commission-based compensation, the companies don't do this.Of course, he mentioned the fee - a shade under $200. He said something about how it pays for training and then left, asking us to stick around to talk to the person who invited us. He made us fill out cards, not with our work history (nobody ever asked me for a copy of my resume, which I brought with me), but just contact information, asking us if we wanted a free FNA, and trying to refer people.I filled out the card with the minimal information and got up and left. My fiancee, who was in the lobby but who heard everything of the presentation, looked up at me, rolled her eyes and said, What took you so long?I didn't stick around to hear exactly what their scam was. I certainly believe it's a MLM scheme based upon what others said here and the fact this seems to be the scam du jure.Before some Primerica drone says, You didn't stick around to hear the wonderful opportunity, I saw all I needed to know because:1) Legitimate companies do not invite people to recruiting meetings without bfirt having a discussio about the company and the prospective employees.2) Legitimate companies do no waste time talking about how your current/past jobs suck. Except for your past work experiences and how they can be put to use for their company, that is the extent. I can see a recruiter taking a shot at a competitor, but since nobody there were asked who they used to work for, and I know that I never worked for a competitor of theirs, that exception didn't wash.3) Legitimate companies do not charge you to work for them. Really, it's as simple as that. Even if you are to be an independent contracted employee, the only way a company allows this is if you already have the skills required to represent their company, or they are willing to train you to attain missing skills. Mandatory training is paid by the company, because legitimate companies realize that someone representing them should meet standards and that the cost of doing business involves making sure those who work for them are qualified to do so.4) Legitimate companies, related to the above mentioned, will noo take someone from scratch, or with zero experience or training, to work for them. Even at McDonalds (a place scammers love to dis), they will look at your application and see what you have done. The 16-year old kid looking for his first job will be asked about how they do at school, extracurricular activities, and references. First jobs after college look at the crappy jobs from the person's past and their academic qualifications for the position. Scammers don't care about your abilities, because they don't care. They want your money and your trust.5) Legitimate companies do not scream about how much money you can make. Really, they don't. In fact, legitimate companies are much faster to talk about benefits and perks of the position, since just about every industry has built-in pay standards that are only deviated from slightly between them, and it is the benefits and perks that differentiate the companies.6) Legitimate companies do not make recruiting employees a part of your job (excepting fields such as Human Resources where that's the whole point). Certainly, legitimate companies do not make the bulk of your income (or all of it) based upon bringing bodies into your fold.No, some of you might decide that what Primerica and their ilk offer is not a job (even though they sure make it sound like that when they first get in touch), it's offering you the ability to be an entrepeneur, but let's suppose that you're a venture capital person - by definition an entrepeneur.Who do you invest in - the company whose owners are all well-versed in the field upon which they wish to enter, or the guys with no experience and little knowledge about exactly how to do what they want?Only an idiot would say the latter. Yet, why is it that these companies have no problem taking money from people who have no qualifications, and in fact rarely even ask what qualifications they in fact do have?Primerica is a scam. Pure and simple. Legitimate companies do not do what they did, because they don't have to. And notice that none of this even takes into account the other things Primerica has been accused of in these pages - the misleading contracts, the actual MLM aspects of the organization, the many other lies that they can tell if you're still listening after they insult your intelligence.Don't let them get tht far. I'll never get back the half hour or so that I wasted with them. Lord knows, Primerica sure as hell isn't going to pay me for it. In fact, I'd wager that Primerica doesn't pay for much of anything, unless you believe in the concept of karma, that is.Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Columbus, Select State/Province
Jan 31 2002
Don't let Primerica waste or use you!!!!*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I'd like to thank everyone on this board for their warnings about Primerica. I was contacted by them a week ago over the phone. They told me they found my resume on HotJobs, and wanted me to come in and interview at a specified time. However, I prodded them for more information (what the job actually was, description, if I needed to bring info, etc.) and they failed to answer me. After 2 people told me to beware (for differing reasons, and backed up by facts and experience) I found your site on the web and similar info at vault.com, etc. I'd also suggest looking for bogus companies on google.com and altavista.digital.com. All the warning signs were there for me, and when I went to the interview I pulled up into a shoddy, decrepid little stip mall where Primerica was LAST on mall billboard. Their site looked about 10 years oudated and run down. And after arriving 10 minutes before my interview, AND ALL THE LIGHTS WERE OFF, I said screw it. Needlees to say, I turned right around. After I got home I called my contact to tell her she could forget it, and the unintelligable voice on the other end wanted to know her extension (which she did not give me), and I was promptly disconnected by the computer system or the person. This board helped to save my afternoon, and as the gentleman earlier put, my 30-60 min. of my life that I have back. Thanks, and don't settle for unprofessional corparate jackels who only care about their soulless $$$#'s when there are plenty of reputiable companies truly helping people out there.
Entity: St. Louis, Missouri
Feb 02 2002
Primerica victimization Ft. Wright Kentucky*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I answered an ad in our local paper for Office Work. That's all it said, with a phone number. I suppose that should have been a giveaway, but I didn't think it through. And, it was a little strange that the person on the other end of the phone said he was screening people for a friend. He asked me if I had experience and if I could manage and office. The answer was yes to both, so I left my name and phone number. Got a call back from the friend (lets call him Fred) and set up an appointment. Vague is the best word to describe the process. I was told all about the company and their services. I was told they're expanding and need mid level managers. Unfortunately, I was NOT told what the job was. However, as one of the chosen few, I was invited back this morning for a follow up interview, which was actually nothing more than an indoctrination meeting. It went like this: An over view of the company. The concepts of the company. (Debt reduction and financial independence for the clients.) The compensation. This boiled down to being able to make very, very little actually doing the work, but high six figures if you reach the VP level and have many managers under you. Part of the carrot and stick routine was the emphasis on the expansion bonuses. If a Senior VP promotes someone to Regional VP status, that SVP gets $50,000 to $70,000 per year. That was called support. The very best part, though, was the cost for training. I didn't stay long enough to find out which credit cards they take for that. AND the offer of a free finanacial analysis! I was applying for a job as an office manager. The company falsely represented itself. Gail Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Ft. Wright, Kentucky
Jan 31 2002
Primerica ripoff using headhunter to recruit unsuspecting victims Columbus Ohio. Thank you Rip-off Report*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I received a call from Primerica this morning. They told me a little bit about them and they asked me if I was laid off and I told them yes, I have been laid off since the September 11th attacks. The lady got excited when I told her I was laid off and looking for work. She then asked me if I would come in for a one hour meeting to see what they were all about and she told me they were part of Citigroup Corp. After I spoke to her I thought something did not seem right about someone calling me for a job where I did not need any experience. The lady did tell me some sales were involved but not much. As soon as I got off the phone I got on the internet and using www.mamma.com I typed in Primerica and it came up with your site. I would like to thank you for your site and the information I found because it saved me a wasted trip to the meeting I was going to attend. Primerica got my phone number and other information to call me from Headhunter.net. I signed up with them last week to find work in my area. So it looks like Primerica is getting information off of headhunter sites so they can try to recruit people. Thank you, Tim Columbus, OH
Entity: Columbus, hio
Feb 06 2002
Primerica ripoff - too good to be true!*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I recently went to a job fair here in Hawaii looking for possible employment after graduation from college this summer. While at the job fair I was approached by a rep from the company while I was just walking by. I hadn't even really looked at their display and suddenly this guy runs over to me and is all excited and asking for my resume. So I gave it to him not knowing what kind of job I just gave my resume to. A few days later he calls me and asks me to come in for an interview. Already I am thinking...I have no financial planning background. I decided to go to a mid day meeting alone with the rep I met.He triedto get me to go to one of those big gatherings but I had class that night and couldn't go. So I meet him at this pretty upscale business building in Honolulu, the office looks great and they have lots of fancy toys from sharper image there. I thought ...wow kind of a nice place. So I am given a 2 page application with a series of words and had to label them according to how I saw my personality. The second page was have you been arrested for fraud etc. Then they asked for the names and #s to 5 references. I wondered why they needed 5 when 3 is normal but decided ok I will write them down anyway. So after completing this so called personality test, I was graded on my compatibility with the personality they desired. They also asked if I wanted to get a series of financial licenses. I was thinking this is too wierd that they are interested in me and don't really know much about me. Generally companies don't call people and ask them do you want a job? Your qualifications aren't important just your personality. RED FLAGS!!!!! After all of the song and dance I was told my resume would be reviewed by others to see if they thought I was the right type and would be contacted in the next 48 hrs. I asked what is it you do here in Primerica exactly? I was never given an acceptable answer. As soon as I was told unlimited earning potential the BS meter in my head was going off. So I decided to get onmy computer and research this organization. Thanks to all of you and your information you've shared I will not go an further with this. I was also give the 1 trillion dollar story and was thinking...why would such a successful company want to train someone with no experience? Why would such a successful company be hunting for employees..if they were so successful they would have people knocking down the doors to get in. At my interview I was the only person there. Too many warning sigs. Thanks again everyone who posted information here, I greatly appreciate all of your help.
Entity: Hawaii
Mar 11 2002
PRIMERICA PREY-MERICA is a PYRAMID scheme!! BE WARNED! Coquitlam British Columbia ..thank you!*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I have just finished going over my FNA with my Regional Vice-President. I have to say, I almost fell prey. BUT- he made a few mistakes. 1)He tried to recruit me 2)He asked if I knew anyone else that would benefit from his services 3) HE EXPLAINED HOW HE MADE HIS MONEY, AND THE STRUCTURE OF HIS OFFICE ...CLEARLY A PYRAMID My mind cannot be changed regarding this. No matter what it's called- MLM or whatever, the bottom line is that this is illegal and deceptive. If it sounds too good to be true- IT IS. A huge thank you to this site! Rose Richmond, British Columbia
Entity: Coquitlam, British Columbia
Mar 13 2002
Primerica CitiGroup Almost Scammed me,rip-off fraud, thank you rip-off report! Coquitlam British Columbia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I no sooner placed my resume on on-line with one of the many job search websites and within less than 10 hours I received a phone call from someone with Primerica. She asked me if I had heard of Primerica and/or City Group before and I repsonded that I had recalled the name from somewhere. Basically she told very little other than she was looking for Branch Managers because Primerica was opening up another 10 branches in the area. Needless to say I didn't say anything & was somewhat stunned that she could even consider the possibility of hiring ME because I have no financial experience. I simply listened to what little she had to say and she arranged an information session for tomorrow. Well, call it women's intuition, call it a blessing from the good Lord, call it coincidence or whatever, but I decided to check out Primerica on the internet before wasting my time travelling all that way for something I felt was not on the up and up. And thank goodness I did! Thank you so VERY VERY MUCH for this site. I tried to keep an open mind when reading all the comments (both positive and negative) and I will not be attending the meeting tomorrow. If a company has to have you pay for your own license, I have a problem with that. Especially when you are unemployed! Don't you think that if the company was making all kinds of money that they would be more than happy to pay for your tuition, licences, etc. as later they could probably write it all off on their taxes anyway? Why would I want to pay ANYTHING unless I was in business for myself? I'm not about to pay a company any money to work for them! And hiring just any Joe is kind of laughable. Personally, I wouldn't be hiring a chef to do my accounting for me unless he was an accredited accountant! To add to this, I DO remember where I first heard the name Primerica. It was a report done by one of the investigative programs on TV (perhaps Dateline, Hardcopy or some other program)a few short years ago, and hidden camera's and microphones were used. The long and short of it is, Primerica was revealed to have scammed an awful lot of people. Now I am fairly open minded, but when all the signs yell STOP! You follow your instincts. What may work for some, may not work for others. I for one, do not want any part of this company. I pride myself on my integrity and could not ever find myself working for a company who practices such deceptive tactics. Yes, it is a MLM scheme in my opinion. Thank you so much for your information. Keep up the awesome work and God bless you! Terri Richmone, British Columbia
Entity: Coquitlam, British Columbia
Mar 12 2002
PRIMERICA ripoff RIDGELAND Mississippi*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Thank you to those of you who have also had a bad experience with Primerica. I was trying to decide whether to sign up with them as an employee and possibly client when I read your complaints which confirmed my suspicions. This may be familiar to some of you as I have read word for word my experience on other complaints. I was contacted by phone by an agent offering me a job, didn't say what, just that there were all sorts of jobs available as they were opening new offices near my home. Being a stay at home Mum who would love a job working from home I jumped at the chance. After looking on their web site I realised this was basically a sales job for which I had to spend $200 to do. I called the agent and told him I wasn't interested and to cancel my interview. He lied to me saying it wasn't a sales job and they didn't work for commission. It is definitley a sales position and you work for free getting paid commission or brokers fees, if you can get the clients. To cut a long story short he talked me into going to an interview and overview of the company and work. From then on I have been told lies and half truths. I decided to have an FNA done to test them out, see if what they were saying is true. I put a stop to the FNA when he told us we would be credit checked and have loan approvals sent to us from their mortage company. This is a far cry from simply entering my personal data into their computer and an FNA being printed out as I was originally told would happen. This particular agent claimed to be trained but could not even bring up the software on the computer. We had to show him the relevant figures on our mortgage paper work as he couldn't find them even though they were quiet clearly written at the top of the page. A very friendly, pleasant man but only good at the sales patter and lacking in the analyst department. Maybe Primerica's products are good, I don't know, I don't care to look that closely at them as anyone who uses such low down dirty sales tatics to get clients isn't getting my money. I want my complaint to be a warning to anyone who gets a call out of the blue like I did to beware. I live an hour away from their office (which they were aware of) and spent too much time and gas money getting there, twice. It was most certainly not worth it despite being told It will be worth your time, I guarentee you'll like what you hear! I have just read the rebutalls of one of the latest complaints and I would like to point out that the number of complaints is 66, not 15 and is now 67! If I remember correctly this mistake was made by one of Primerica's Financial Analyists, this would explain the confusion over the figures:) A final note, one of the lures to get you to the office, the money secret that banks don't want you to know, what they call the rule of 72 is basically the higher interest you can earn on your money the better the return. Please don't drive 40 miles just to hear that, that's no big secret! Jennifer Mendenhall, Mississippi
Entity: RIDGELAND, Mississippi
Jun 12 2002
Primerica Nearly got Recruited NYC Internet*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Last evening I recieved a call from a lady whom appeared to be a recruiter for Primerica. She made sure that I understood they were a subsidiary of Citigroup. She even mentioned that she got my resume from another recruiter that I have dealt with in the past. Anyway, after to listening to her initial pitch, I told her I was a Project Manager at Solomon Smith Barney. She said Who?. So I got a little suspicious. After arranging an interview with her for 7PM tonight ( who the hell interviews in the middle of the evening?). I hung up, and didnt think anything else of the call. Later that evening I decided to look up this Primerica company, since I never heard of them when I was with Soloman Smith Barney. I mean if you worked for one sister company at the level I was at, wouldn't you be aware of other sister companies? So, off I went to my PC, and typed in Primerica in the search field, and went to their website. ( Who designed it? Get someone else to do it next time.) There I found alot of wonderful and uplifting drivel, and I as my Drill Instructor was fond of saying alot of Blowing sunshine up alot of A!@es. Then I found this wonderful site! It was like a the light at the end of the tunnel! The voice of reason! So for all of you who think you can make money in a MLM..... THINK AGAIN. Nothing beats education and/or hardwork. You may not get rich quickly, but at least you will get money every payday. Ken NYC, New York
Entity: Internet
Jun 13 2002
Primerica Financial Services job con job by deceptive company Carmel Indiana*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Recently I was contacted by a man name Javid from PSS, who told me that he was a hiring manager for expanding company and they were in need of some quality individuals to be trained for a middle management position in my area, and that my resume had crossed his desk. About (6) months ago (2) different people had called my home with the same catch. Even though I had been searching for work on all of the internet job sites, I said it was not what I was looking for. However, still needing work I decided to give it a chance to see what type of business that they were. So, I went to a class that gave a very brief overview of where and what the company actually did. But, the day before I kept asking myself what's the catch?.... Toward the end of the class the catch was released, $199.00 to start work at this job. It was not really a surprize to me, until another gentleman and I were leaving and began to talk about the class. Then it hit me, the man named Javid had been sending me emails about debt consolidation. Now, if we are putting all of our information on these websites to be considered for jobs. Are these companies digging in our privite lives, credit history, etc..... James Indianapolis, Indiana
Entity: Carmel, Indiana
Mar 02 2002
Primerica Brad Rolson drone devotion to make a quick buck*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
About two days ago, I was listening to my answering machine messages and I got two strange ones. Both were from a certain Brad. The first one was a little strange, as he said he had found my resume, there was something about it that was great about it and would I please call him, he was from a company called Pri-- at this point it sounded as if he had pressed all the buttons on his phone, perhaps to cancel the message. This only works for digital answering machines. I'm still using my Paleozoic one with regular recording tapes. The second message was similar to the first but no company name was given. I was a little suspicious as I had not received a single response to any resume or letter sent since I got laid off in June, and now, all of a sudden this. Giving it the benefit of the doubt, I called at 8:35 PM. To my surprise someone there answered. And that, again, make me even more suspicious. The gentleman in question was very nice, made me feel like I was the next best thing after sliced bread, but kept avoiding my questions such as what the job really involved. I specified my skills just to make sure he understood what I did, and he seemed pretty sure I'd be fitting for such a position. When I asked him what it was about my resume that sparked such interest, he sort of stopped and mumbled that he wasn't the one that did that type of work but had someone that did it for him. Uhm, right. I could understand that. I was still a little suspicious, so I began asking around to various friends if they had experienced something similar. The name Primerica popped up incredibly fast from a lot of people. The majority of my friends had received similar calls, a few, ironically, from Brad. A little irate, I cancelled my so called interview that had been scheduled for Friday. I thought that was the end of it. Sadly, I've received, so far, five more calls from these happy folks. Some even as early as 8 AM, when some people happen to be sleeping. All used the same sales pitch, all gave different addresses, making me think these people just share addresses around with each other. I actually managed to get a couple of them quite infuriated with me when I told them I did not want to do with any MLM. Some even had the guts to ask me to give them the names and phone numbers of my friends, so they could contact them. Maybe I did not make myself clear, you're an MLM, I said, and you already annoyed the majority of them. To add to the insult, I added, you think I'd really be that stupid to do that? The majority has hung up on me with a very irate and extremely frustrated tone in their voice. I'll admit that brought more satisfaction than ever. It's a shame, however, that my resume on various job sites has only attracted the attention of such scum. And I find it extremely disturbing to see the drone devotion these people have towards what they do. All for the possibility of making a quick buck. Very strange and disturbing that people can be this gullible. Thank you for this site. I wish I had found it earlier.
Entity: Toronto, Ontario