RAMADA PLAZA RESORTS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Ramada Plaza Resorts

There may be more reports for "Ramada Plaza Resorts"

For more results perform a general search for "Ramada Plaza Resorts"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Apr 02 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts I was mislead Ripoff! Fort Lauderdale Florida
I was suckered into Buying The south florida/ Bahama cruise trip. I was wondering if any one had the current owner, CEO, etc., Information and how to contact them. I need help getting my refund. Brett madison, WisconsinU.S.A.
Apr 08 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts Vacations ripoff, deceptive and violated my trust Ft. Lauderdale Florida
IMPORTANT!! READ IF YOU ARE SICK OF THIS BS--LET'S FILE A SUIT! I am so disgusted with this entire so called company- what low lifes! Just recently found this website and am so thankful that I did! I am a victim-I have never felt so VIOLATED-back in 2/2004 I purchased this dreamy vacation package for my family. I told the sales person (THIEF) that there would be a 5 travelors and he assured me this would be the vacation of a lifetime. I was told that the trip cost for two would be $698 per adult my children would be no charge other than the port fees (cruise included in pckge) of $99 for children under 13. Needless to say, after checking into making some arrangements this morning, I have now been told that the cruise will not accomodate all 5 of us and that we would need to upgrade to an additional cabin---now total package for upgrading to a bigger car, additional cabin and hotel with ocean view my total cost would be $1710 if I paid today, and that's in addition to the $698 balance due! Unfreakinbelievable!!! My husband is going to croak! No way am I going to pay that! Then they said that I could always sell the package or transfer it to someone else! Yeah right! I have a soul, no way would I take advantage of someone like that-I don't want to spend eternity in hell! Anyway, I will be contacting ALL the authorities regarding this ridiculous scheme! Just look at how many innocent people have been taken advantage of! PEOPLE--WE MUST TAKE ACTION--ANYONE INTERESTED IN GETTING LEGAL AND GETTING A CLASS ACTION SUIT? I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELSE, BUT MY MONEY DOES NOT GROW ON TREES! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! PLEASE RESOPOND IF YOU CAN HELP! Jimena Olathe, KansasU.S.A.
Mar 29 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts Ripoff! Missleading Offers Fort Lauderdale Florida
Hi, I just came back from the Orlando/Fort Lauderdale vacation of a lifetime and I felt totally misslead by Ramada Plaza Resorts. Based on the sales pitch I got from the rep when I was told to have won a trip and the promotional brochures I received, I understood that the Ramada Plaza Resort 1000 in Orlanda or The AmeriHost Resort (their flagship resort) in Kissimmee and the the Ramada Plaza Resort in Ft. Lauderdale were all distinguished resorts worth going to. When I received my itinery, I was disapointed that I was going to two different hotels The Wellesley Inn/Lake Cecile in Orlando and Holiday Inn in Plantation. After calling the Reservation Center, a lady assured me that those two hotels were better than the Ramada's. Yes! indeed, I visited all three Ramada Resorts when I got there (for curiosity's sake) and I can tell you that I am glad I did not stay in those Ramadas' with my wife and our two kids. I was expecting that the name Resort and Ramada had something reputable to offer...wrong! So here are two missleading facts: (1) Phone statements from telemarketer as well as brochures and video that do not reflect the realities of those accomodations. (2) Change of accomodations without the client's consent as described on my itinerary. Furthermore, When we got to the Welcome Center in Orlando, I had to wait one hour to get our voucher in a hot steamy and chlorine smell filled room with our two kids - a very degrading experience. There was only two people attending to all those people, the phones were ringing off the hook and it looked very poorly managed. I was embarrassed for my family. I felt that I had let them down. When we got to the other Welcome Center in Fort Lauderdale, to get our other voucher for the Holliday Inn - Plantation, we expressed our frustration with both the welcoming and the time share experiences to the vacation counsellor who quickly dismissed our disapointment and gave heck to my wife for her negative attitude. She said that she was trying to give us more things but all it was, once again, was listening to another two hours resort tour (sounds like another sales pitch) with Radisson Hotels. We refused this tour and said that she did not want to give us those other gifts then. This was a deceiving strategy to make the us look the bad ones through shame and guilt when in fact they are the ones doing the deceiving. I still have two days in Las Vegas and four days in Poerto Vallarta to go to and I am wandering if it worth spending the airfaire to go to the wathever resort they will put us in and to face may be another time-share talk. Is there someone who would be willing to launch a class action law suite against RPR for missleading practices. This has to stop! Unfortunately, I am doubtfull that it would ever happen though. I believe this is a big thing because, many other businesses are gaining from RPR. They are getting clients and/or potential time-share byers from them (i.e., vouchered hotels, Alamo Rent-a-car, vouchered recreational attractions, etc.). If they are putting 1700 poeple per week in hotels in Florida as they say I can see that even state authorities may be unwilling to open this can of worms since they are in fact cashing in from this big scam. By the way,just for laugh, I got another phone call one week prior going to this Florida trip. The person on the phone said that I was selected in my demographic location for winning a trip....Wow, I can't believe I am so lucky...two years in a row being a lucky winner. Well, as you can imagine, I said: thanks but no thanks, I need to go on my first trip before I would once again accept their offer. Once deceived, but twice - this is just plain supidity. Christian Rosedale, British ColumbiaCanada Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ramada
Mar 14 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts in the process of getting refund ripoff Fort Lauderdale Florida
I am the neive stupid college student...lol. I called the company today and told them that I couldn't attend the trip and that I wanted a full refund. The lady on the phone, at first was rude and said that I couldnt get a refund. I then said that they were in violation to the florida sellers of travel act. The rude lady then turned into a even ruder lady. She said she know that I have the right to a refund and has hear it all before. She then asked me the real reason and I told her it was because I didn't want to be scammed anymore. She said what does that mean. Well I said I don't want to pay anymore money and go on this trip from hell just to get bother about time share the whole time. She said you read that on the internet right and do you beleive everything the internet says miss? I said I just want a refund in full please. She then tried to talk me into letting her jsut refund me half and that way I could still go for half the price!!!! I was laughing at her while she was trying to scam me again!!! I said no so she finally asked if I was sure and gave me a full refund that will be charged back to my credit card in 5-7 days. She then said they were going to send me to orlando for three nights for free for the trouble... I asked if I had to pay anything and she said no its complimentary and that she will send me a broucher. When it does come I'm shredding it into a million pieces. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. DON'T FALL FOR IT!! At least I was able to get my money back {fingers crossed!!} Chantel Etobicoke, OntarioCanada
May 17 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts - Orlando Ft.Lauderdale Vacations ripoff Ft.Lauderdale Florida
I recently received a phone call from this company saying I won a trip. All exciting about the trip I paid the $698 on my credit card. After talking to some of my family my husband and I realized it was a scam. I called my credit card company to cancel payment but hey couldn't do that. I called Ramada Plaza Resorts the next day and tried to get out of it but wasn't allowed. Instead they lowered the cost of my so called free-trip and refunded part of my money. I then called my credit card company back and told them that they would not refund me all of my money. I talked to one of the senior account managers and was told that they have had problems before with this company. The lady I talked to at my credit card company told me that what Ramada Plaza Resorts does not tell you is when they send you their brouchures and reservation forms there is a cancellation policy written in there somewhere. What they credit card company told me to do was to read everything over and send it all back saying I don't want it. Then call the company to make sure they received the returned package and get a confirmation number. If they haven't refunded my money shortly after then I am to call the credit card company and they will call Ramada and dispute the amount on my card. So I don't have to pay and I get all my money back. I hope this will help some of you out there. Amber Rocky Mountain House, AlbertaCanada
Entity: Ft.Lauderdale, Florida
May 30 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts ripoff refund IS possible Ft. Lauderdale Florida
Well, if you're looking at this report, chances are that you have also goggled for the Ramada Plaza Resort and ended up being like wtf... after you found this website. Unfortunately my friend, I hate to break the bad news to you, if you're seeing hundreds of negative reports about this traveling package, what did that tell ya A: You have just been scamed... or should I say been misled and misinformed about certain information over the phone when you were with that person that you talked to You probably have already read the other reports, similar things happened, and this is what happened to ME: One day I got this little thing in the mail, something like, You have just been choosen for this thing blah blah blah and we're giving you $1600 for traveling credit... Then during those lines it mentioned you must act NOW to take on this offer, so being the completely idiot I am, I, of course, called. And after like 45 mins of their sweet talking me into it, I finally got suckered into paying $698 for myself to reserve a place. Then the next thing I did was of course, went online to see what the hotel looks like, I mean if I'm gonna be staying in it for a week and all. And of course the only thing I was hoping I wouldn't find was reports and complaints like this site, but then again I was glad that I found it. So to cut to the chase, two days later, I immediately called them back today: 1.) Dial that 1-800 they gave you, it's at the top of this report 2.) Gave them your registration number (if you don't remember or didn't write it down, no worries) 3.) Told them you wanted to cancel my trip, they problly would transferred you a bunch of times before talking to the person in charge 4.) Be persistent and say you want to cancel your trip, the keyword is to cancel, then if they wont, pull out the Florida State Sellers of Travel Act (http://www.800helpfla.com/pdfs/SOT04.pdf) and state section 559.933 (page 7), there stated that It shall be unlawful for any seller... (you get the idea) 5.) They probably would give a couple more times of those bs No you cannot cancel you trip because it was a promtional trip, But why did you send up for the trip in the first place if you were going to cancel it, Did you hear anything from the media or internet that changed your mind, or (this is a good one) I am not going to be able to give you a full refund but how about I give you $524, which is 75% of your money Remember do not give in to any of their crap and just saying you wanna cancel the trip and eventually they will do it, at least they said they will credit me back the money into my credit card And call you credit card company to notify them the situation, they will help you any way they can to resolve this bs keep in mind that the FL state sellers of travel act only state that you're entitled to a full refund within 30 days of purchase, and that was what happened with my situation... if you bought it more than 30 days ago this article might help http://badbusinessbureau.com/Resorts/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts/ramada-plaza-resorts-ripoff-va-Q7F5Q.htm I also followed the instruction from Jennie - Boonville, New Yorkv (third to the last rebuttal), and it worked, hope this helps someone, down with RAMADA, these people have no shame Vincent West springfield, MassachusettsU.S.A.
May 03 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts Money back ASAP!! Fort Laderdale Florida
Yes, I 2 fell into this scam from these losers. I too was offerd this wonderful package $698,$498, 5 weekend getaways, etc etc etc. Like so many of you after I hung up the phone I instantly had a bad feeling so I went online and much to my surprise the first thing to come up was not the company's website but this site. Surprise.... its a scam! Embarassing yes, you feel cheated yes, but please don't sit back and let them take ur money... if your hard earned money has any value to you at all be persistent and cancel his trip it is possible and heres how I did it the day after I signed up for this wonderful value. After reading all the comments on this site I did not even bother calling Ramada Plaza customer service I went strait to the source of who was actually paying for this at the time.My credit card company! I explained my situation to the women in customer service and she put me through to a wonderful women in billing whom I told the story to in total honesty and explained I wanted to dispute the charge that was pending on my credit card, she with out hestitaion dialed up Ramada Plaza Resorts (the number appears on your statment so your credit card company will have it) with me on the phone as well she was patient with the 3 different people she was trasnferd to before speaking a supervisor. Who attempted to sell us verious other deal and vacations and when I said 5 times I want to Cancel my trip for personal reasons she interogated me on why I authorized the purchase to begin with, at this point the billing associate from master card stepped in and said on behalf of master card we will not pay for this charge at the request of the customer, so myself as well as my customer is requesting it be canceled, of course they did the typical muffling around the loud office and put her on hold but soon enough it was agreed upon verbally (taped recorded from my credit card company) that this deposit would be credited back onto my credit card I was given conformation number and the billing associate for my credit card company commented to me that she wished more people were aware that this was an option because these companies are awful and eventually something will be done about it. Just save yourself the trouble don't bother with this deal,it taught me a lesson and I fourtunatly got my money back!!! And to those of you who work for this company I hope you sleep well at night knowing that the people that you are whole heartedly ripping off are the people that are paying for your welfare checks and food stamps and you could have a far more rewarding career mopping the floors of this place rather than selling this pitiful vacation!! Darcy Amherst, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: Fort Laderdale, Florida
Apr 23 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts Ripoff! Very bad customer Service experiance and illegal business Katy Florida
I have received a letter from Ramada Plaza Resorts Orlando/Ft. Lauderdale vacations regarding the vacation package. I have purchased the package for $698. Then I called them within 24 hours to cancel my package, because I did not satisfy about the company after I came to know that I will not be utilzied the vacation package. The person named GERSON xtn 4017, did agree to pay$524 and did not let give any option to cancel my package. He said,he can extend my vacation package upto 3 years, but he will not cancel my vacation and return full refund. I am totaly frustrated. I lost $174 even though, I have called with in 24 hours. Venkat Katy, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Florida
Sep 20 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts ripoff on my vacation package Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I'm also buying package from them. When they sold me on the phone, they said I can breakdown to use the car rental. But when I book it, they said I could not do it. And I made reservation for 3 times to get this done. Everytime I called and made reservation, my reservation is missing even I already have confirmation. I got charge for my son that only 4 years old for $99.00 I think they took advantage from person who not clear in english. So pls do not buy anything through the phone. Because they not tell you the truth and not the whole thing. When they sell to me they said I can do. SO don't buy anything from RAMADA PLAZA RESORT Jariya fall river, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: Fort Lauderdale,, Florida
Jan 28 2005
RAMADA PLAZA RESORTS TRIED TO RIP ME OFF HA HA HA Ripoff FT LAUDERDAL Florida
Thursday, January 27, 2005 I recieved a letter in the mail. I opened it and it was a credit voucher for $1600. I decided to ask my parents what they thought about it, if it was real or not. They just said check it out. So while I was at work I happened to find this website when I put in Ramada Plaza Resorts. This was a huge warning sign for me. Even if I didn't look at this website, I wouldn't have gone for it anyway, only because I know that there are people that will rip you off and not care about the people they hurt. I decide to call them and just play around with them. When I called that number (1-800-550-9559) or (1-800-978-0999) the phone was answered by Donald James Carmen. Well, I sat there and listened to his spill about how great this vacation is, while on the internet looking up the staute laws in Florida. He said that I would only have to pay $698 for me and $698 for my passenger. And if I wanted to bring more people along then the price's would be as followed: 2 and under - $79 each 2 to 12 - $99 each 13 and up - $198 each He also explained to me that this only includes the resort stay..not the cruise. Also, he said that if I wanted to change the date of when I take the trip that it would be a one time fee of $9.95. He did say that there would be other charges as far as the car rental and at the hotel I would pay the taxes and service and phone calls while I am there. On the cruise I would pay for Beverages other than tea and coffee, phone and tips. At the end of his jiberish he said to reserve my place that I would have to pay something. I explained to him that I was reading the Florida Goverment website about Telemarketing Staute's and he said no that paying over the phone by credit cards is not illegal, that if it was then the HSN would be out of business and that airline companies would lose a lot of business. I told him I don't have the funds right now (even though I did) So he said Oh, but that's ok, once we run your credit card # and it declines it, it will keep going down until it does go thru, even if it very little. I should have told him can I just do a dollar then...ha ha ...but I didn't want to give anyone my credit card # over the phone. I know what kind of people are out there. ( No offense to anyone else) Well I asked him if I could send him a check or money order and he said and I qoute Maybe you didn't hear me, I said Ramada accepts Visa/Mastercard or Discover. I said, No, I heard you just fine. I am just looking out for myself. He said no problem. He started going into this whole thing about how the letter was sent first class and that it had to be verified by Florida and Texas before it was sent to me...inspected by the General Post Master. Whatever. So then he asked me if I had the credit card with me...and I told him I still don't feel comfortable with this and then he said ok, there is a phone number on the back of your card, after I post the payment then you or I can call your card company and verify who and how much was charged to your card. I told him that it doesn't really matter...that I have insurance on my card anyways...I said...no..I don't think I can do it for that much. He asked me if $698 was too much. I said yes it is too much. He said well hold on for one moment while I see if Ramada has special deals they can work out for you. I hung up the phone after that. I didn't like listening to him anymore. Besides, I just wanted to see what they say so I can post it for everyone to see. I typed everything that was said. Part of it is in exact words and some may not be. But everything that was said is here. Don't be a fool...do your homework like I did....Before you go, that's the important part. Maggie Arlington, TexasU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ramada CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: FT LAUDERDAL, Florida
86, Report #132074
Feb 20 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts/Imperial Cruises ripoff Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We just returned Monday from the vacation from Hell. Our brotherinlaw, and sister in law had arranged(bought) this super, 'dream vacation pkg. of a lifetime', and wanted us to join them. We paid them our share(?), paid for our airfare, and we arrived at this seedy hotel called the Ramada Plaza on Commercial Blvd. Fort Lauderdale. The door was hangin off the hinges, there was a big hole in the bed spread, and filthy spots on the carpets. and that was just on the first glance. It didn't get better!! We had to do the sales presentation, or no vouchers for the cruise. It was a 6 hour, grueling, hard sell presentaion. but we got the vouchers and proceeded to the crusie the next day. the Imperial magesty is an old, read very old boat that is a rabbit warren of rooms. we were to have a port hole cabin our sister in law had arranged. Good thing we didn't get a porthole, as we were well below the water line!!! Bunk beds and a dresser and closet in a space the size of a normal hluse closet. the pool was 8x7 and there were 2 hot tubs. I do have to say that the food on this ship was excellent. In their defence the food was good. But the rest was a disaster. After the cruise we were off to Orlando for the rest of our 'dream vacation' and we were really apprehensive about what that would entail. It was of the same low class, rat trap, flea bag hotel status. we had a nightmare of a time, and ur relatives were mortified that things were so awful. we are out about $3000. for this experience. that is one expensive weeks vacation!!! Treva Calgary, AlbertaCanada
Jan 08 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts refuse to give refund Fort Lauderdale Florida
I may a payment of 656.00 to the ramada plaza resorts it was my understanding that it would cover two people and when I call to make my plans. I was informed otherwise so when I ask for my money back they refuse told me to sell my trip on ebay or have someone else pick up the payment. If I would have know about this web page sooner I would have never pay my money. I feel like a fool can you help Felicia chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Jan 30 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts Forced to go on a tour Las Vegas Nevada
We took the Florida vacation, and enjoyed it for the most part. We went to Ft. Lauderdale, to the Bahamas, and then on to Orlando. In Orlando, they tried to set us up for another tour, until I pointed out that our terms and conditions did not require us to take a second tour. That should have been a warning to me, but since I was able to successfully fight it, I didn't worry about it. Because our experience was good, we decided to take the bonus trip to Las Vegas. When we arrived at the welcome center, they proceeded to set us up for a tour. I objected, I had specifically asked the rep on the phone if we had to do another tour, and she said NO. The person in Las Vegas told me we had to take the tour to get the vouchers to pay for our room. I didn't have the booklet with the terms and conditions in it with me, so we went. I definitely did not buy a time share, and told them why, and that I would never buy anything from them again. I even wrote a letter of complaint there at the welcome center, which they probably laughed at and tore up as soon as I left. When we got home, I did read the paperwork, and it does not specify that I had to take a tour for the Las Vegas trip, and also it says I should have gotten a refund of the $50. I plan to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and tell everyone I know that this is a disreputable company. They will never get anymore of my money. If I ever want to buy a timeshare, it won't be thru them. Vicki Carlisle, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Dec 16 2004
Ramada Plaza Resorts ripoff $1600 credit voucher Ft. Lauderdale Florida
Thank you to whoever for this webite or else i would of probably have been scammed.I recieved a $1600 credit voucher that included the trips that all of you are talking about.when i got it i didnt really believe it. i looked at the terms and conditions and they basically gave the same information that was in the voucher about the trips and didnt really explain anything. I tore the voucher up and threw it away after i found this website.thanks or saving me time and money. Nessa temple, TexasU.S.A.
Jan 03 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts ripoff, deceptive and unfair trade practices Fort Lauderdale Florida
I was contacted to take part in receiving a cruise vacation; the deposit was for $495.00. After reviewing the organization for more information, I discovered that Ramada Plaza Resorts is not what they appear to be; they are not involved with the Ramada Inn (as they lead individuals to believe with their look alike logos and similar name) nor are they affiliated with the Imperial Majesty cruise lines. I decided to take part in the vacation offer because I thought I would be dealing with organizations that I was familiar with (i.e. Carnival and Ramada). After I discovered that I was swindled and taken advantage of, I decided to not invest any more of my money into this money pit of lies and deception. Because I did not want to go further in pursuit of the vacation I contacted the Ramada Plaza Resort only to be told that I could not cancel my cruise reservation, that I would be offered an indefinite extension, and that I could not receive a full refund of my deposit. Because their marketing tactics and telemarketing sales pitches are meant to be misleading, I feel that my situation should be brought to the attention of those that can do something about it. I did not lose a lot of money, but I did lose enough money for me to be angry and determined to see this company put out of business. They (Ramada Plaza Resorts) are intentionally deceiving people and this should be stopped. I would like my $498.00 deposit refunded and I would like to be placed on their DO NOT CALL and DO NOT CONTACT lists (permanently). Denise Beaufort, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Jun 24 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts I got my money back! Fort Lauderdale Florida
Like all of u guys, I received a call last month telling me that I won a luxury and unforgettable trip to Florida. Usually I just hang up on these kind of calls, but the person on the phone told me that I entered a lucky draw a couple weeks ago at my school and I am the winner. I did enter the draw so I let my guard down. After 30 mins of talking, finally she asked for my credit card number, and I smelled something fishy. I requested to call back later because I need to discuss with my parents, but she refused. Then I told her I almost max out my credit card, and she told me I can pay US399 or the max amount they can charge on my card. At that moment, I was thinking since I did actually enter a draw and my credit card might only have US200 credit left, so I agreed. Later I found out they actually able to charge US399, US200 over the credit limit..... (well, this is my cc company's fault...) After hanging up the phone, I decided to check on the resort and see what kind of ratings they get. I typed in Ramada Plaza Resorts, and to my horror, I got reports from this webpage. I was shocked and realized how dumb I was. Anyway, not a good time to feel sorry... I kept on looking on reports how people got their money back. I made a summary and tried to figure out the best way to get my money back. Thank you all!! Without the tips, I seriously doubt I could get my money back. Here are the steps I took and hope it works for you as well. 1) I called back the next morning and asked to speak to a customer service specialist as suggested in a post. But I dont think is a good idea, because the specialist asked me later, how do you know the term and did you read any rumours about us on the internet. I told him this is how u guys call yourself rite? agents, representatives.... . Just tell the person you want to cancel the trip and you should be fine. 2) CANCEL is they key. They dont have a refund policy, but according to the law in Florida, you are able to cancel the trip within 30 days and receive your full amount back. However, the rep might keep on saying The package is not sold on a cancellable basis, you can cancel if you cant get your reservation time. Ignore it. 3) For sure, the rep will ask you why you want to cancel it. I told him I dont think is right for me. He kept on asking the real reason and my answer was still the same - Not right for me. In the process, he threw all kind of free stuff on me. After a while, I didnt think the conversation is going anywhere, so I told him I couldnt afford it, as I need to pay for my tuition fees and I still owe a lot of student loans from government. He then agreed to refund half of the amount to my account, and asked me to wait for the package and then decide. I agreed, because some posts said that the package will mention about cancellation policy. 4) The money was credited back into my account in about a week. So I was half-way of getting all my money back. Waited for two more weeks, I received the package. The package did mention about cancellation. At the very last page with tiny fonts, says something like If you want to cancel, you need to mail the package back wihtin 10 business days. That's all you need to quote on, ignore other stuff such as you can cancel if we cant reserve a room for you. I mailed the package back immediately with a formal letter telling them I want to cancel. 5) After another week, I got a call from the Package Return Department. She pretty much repeated the same procedures, and my answers were still the same. After a while, I decided to use my secret weapon which I have been thinking for a while.... This might only be useful if you live outside of United States though. 6) I told her Ok, you really want to know the reason? I didnt want to tell you before because I am really unwilling to tell a stranger about this...... I cant get a US visa because I have previous criminal records.....The visa officer told me I wont be able to get a visa for the next ten years. She agreed to cancel the trip immediately. I guess she isnt trained and prepared to answer this question.... hehehhehehe...... I got the cancellation number, and today I got all my money back. I guess you can tell them you are on parole or something if you are in the states. Important keys: Be patient, keep your cool, and stand firm, dont agree on ANY offers other than money back. Remember the keyword? CANCEL Suggestions: Read more postings on how people get their money back, and plan a strategy that best suit your situations. I think the best way is you can come up with an unexpected but valid reason. If they dont know how to answer you, they will cancel the trip. Good Luck !! Thanks again for the tips and helps offered by kind-hearted people on this website Chris Toronto, OntarioCanada Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ramada
Jun 20 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts ripoff Ft Lauderdale Florida
My family and I thought we were getting a great deal through ramada plaza resorts,GOD we're we WRONG! They made everything sound so so great. WE were to stay in a beautiful resort in Ft Lauderdale minutes from the beach, well the beach was about a half an hour drive, the hotel was nasty we even had bugs in our bed. With a beautiful view of an old ship yard and a major highway. Oh and did i mention all the planes that continuasly flew over head, looking as if they were going to fly into our hotel window! Our last day in Ft lauderdale we had to go on a tour of one of there resorts (a promised 90 minute tour) 4 hours latter after being rudely spoken to, tourmented to buy, and being degrated by the manager for not purchasing we finnaly left. On to our beautiful Imperial majesty or carnaval cruise. We got to the port and saw our ship The Regal empress a glorified fishing boat! It was old and very small and not well kept at all. Juice and coffee were the only two things complimentary on the ship but of course ther was none to be found. we were made to purchase soda at $3.50 a small glass or a small bottle of water at $3.25 not to mention the service fee on every drink. $350.00 dollars latter we were back at port and on our way to Orland. I was told In Ft lauderdale after doing our 4 hour tour we would recive 2 free Universal tickets at the welcome center in Orlando. That was a lie, they wanted us to go on yet another tour there. I got out all of my paper work even read the small print, nothing about a second tour was there to recieve my two free tickets. after speaking to a manager who was rude and nasty I was told there was nothing they could do for me and threatened to have me removed by a security guard, I went and purchased 2 full price ticket so my children could go were they have wanted to go all week. This trip was a nightmare from beging to end. On this trip we maxed out a credit card and cleaned out our checking acount just to survive. now that we are home we need a vacation from our vacation. We will never trust the name Ramada agian. Michele adelphia, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Jun 30 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts Ripoff Charged $698 , No Refunds Fort Lauderdale Florida
I got the letter back in 2004 and called to find out what it was about. I wasn't sure if i should do it without thinking about it or talking to my husband but the guy didn't let go until he got my card number. When I told him I wouldnt be able to use it since i was leaving the US for a year, he said i can go in time limit of 3 years. i got the package but didnt have time to look at it. when i got back i saw my offer was for 18 months- but i couldnt make the reservations at any time within. (you have to make reservation 60 days ahead!!!) i called the toll free number on the 6/20/05 and asked to cancell my vacation- even though the back of the last page says i can cancell within 3 days. I told Pam (after talking to 3 diferent people who tried to charge me $87 to extend and advised me to put it for sale on E-bay), that i dont live in the east coast anymore and i dont have the money to take the vacation. she said she is going to send my new address in california a letter confirming my new exp' date in 2007 for no charge and i should try to take the vacation anyway. i got to Rip-Off.com for totaly diferent reson- and suddenly i see Ramada Plaza Resorts appeer in so many reports I understand that i was the stupidest of all waiting so long but hopefully our stories wil save other's money and frustration and get this company out of business. Yael Topanga, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jun 28 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts Ripoff Guess I'm getting scamed too ORlando Florida
Well a little to late for me b/c I paid for half of the $698. I am going to go by the recommendations of everyone else as far as getting a refund, it has not been 30 days yet so I should have no real problem other than them being rude and telling me no which I expect. I can't believe that everyone had the same (bad) experience. I will keep you all posted on how that went, I am going to give them a call tomorrow and any other day after that to get my money back. Sherry Washington, District of ColumbiaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Jun 29 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts ripoff Fort Lauderdale Florida
I just want to thank everyone who has written a report on RIP-OFF. Because of you all, I immediately called RAMADA and demanded my money back. Like clockwork, they gave me the same lines regarding NO REFUND, etc. I told them that I was aware of Fla & New York state laws. My boyfriend who is from N.J. booked the trip and they immediately told me that N.J. had different laws. I mean these people are ridiculous! I continued to demand my money back as they offered me everything under the sun to go on this trip. Finally, after 1 hour and 20 minutes, the Sales Rep put me on hold and FINALLY gave me a refund. These people are the worst scam artists in the world!! My advice is, if you want your money back...DO NOT GIVE IN!! Keep demanding the moneu until they give it to you! Good luck everyone. Neesa New York, New YorkU.S.A.
Jun 05 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts RDeceptive, Misinforming, SCAM-ARTISTS Ft. Lauderdale Florida
Last week, I was naive and fell for this luxurious vacation. I got that stupid voucher in the mail, saying I get $1600 towards a vacation. I should've known it was b.s. when they said I could only call once and I had to decide right then and there, on that phone call, whether or not I wanted it. Well, I am a huge skeptic and I was literally on the phone for an hour and a half asking hundreds of questions and trying to make sure it was legit. Once my husband was convinced, (I should've just listened to him in the first place), we decided to purchase it. I didn't want to pay the full $698 up front, so I told them I wouldn't buy it unless I could pay less. So they let me pay $349 up front. Well, when I check my bank account the next day, they took out $396. I was livid. I asked them several times how much they were taking out and then they go and screw that up. That's when my skepticism flew through the roof. I got on the internet to check out their official webpage, but for some reason, the website was down. The pictures were unavailable, and it kept telling me to try back later. The next day I checked again, and scrolled down and saw this website. I should've listened to my female intuition in the first place...but 8 days/7 nights, including a cruise, for 4 people, ALL inclusive meals on the whole trip for all of us for only $698 for the first 2 and $198 for the next 2 adults sounds great. While on the phone for 90 minutes, they kept trying to get me to buy it, so they kept adding on perks. They extended it for 3 years, blah blah blah. I worked for the company, Cendant, who actually owns this whole thing, and I had telemarketing insight on how these people lure you in with their professionally written script about utopia. Well, after reading all of your comments on this page, I decided I would like to cancel. I actually don't mind attending a timeshare presentation for getting the vacation. It would certainly piss me off if I had to be there 5 hours, instead of 1. I would rather be windsurfing or scuba diving. The thing that trips me out is the crappy cruise ship, the dirty hotel rooms, all the extra expenses they don't tell you about, and all the driving all over the state of Florida you have to do, from one place to another, instead of getting to enjoy your vacation. Besides, we would have to fly all the way from Utah to Florida. That's quite a bit of airfare, plus the initial vacation fees for 4 people, when I could take an all-inclusive cruise to the Bahamas for 4 for the entire week for $200 dollars less than this (www.travel.yahoo.com). That's on an awesome Carnival cruise ship, with an upgraded cabin. So I called today and after talking to some fricking foreigner who can hardly speak english, who insulted me and called me names because I wanted to cancel this vacation, I finally got the vacation refunded. I had my tips on hand from people on this site, but I didn't even have to pull them out. I was prepared to use to Florida State Sellers of Travel Act but I didn't even need to. I just kept arguing my point after getting transferred several times, and they said the money will be put back into my account within 7-10 days. If it's not, I'm going to loose it on those jerks. Chelsea Clovis, New MexicoU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Oct 01 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts Ripoff completely ripped off Ft. Lauderdale Florida
I followed other's information and contacted the company. I spoke with them for two and a half hours and nothing was accomplished. They told me that becuase I lived in North Dakota, I had three days to cancel with no penelties, not thirty. I told them that I would not be able to afford this vacation package now or anytime in the near future. They told me they would be able to refund me 20.00 but no more. WHAT THE HELL!! Twenty dollars? Are you kidding me? I want the word to spread more and more now that this vacation pakcage is bull shit. I will NEVER work with Ramada Plaza Resorts ever again. Megan Williston, North DakotaU.S.A.
Oct 26 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts Ripped off on vacation package. Ft. Lauderdale Florida
Unfortunately I only found this site when trying to locate a call back number for the Ramada Plaza Resorts and I have to say my spirits dropped. I purchased this package more than a year ago, and I'm hoping now that I may be able to get a refund. After the reviews I read, theres no way I want to trek all the way down to Florida only to be extremely disappointed. There were a couple other people who were past the 30 day mark, has anyone got any info about getting a refund back? I'm going to give it a shot using some of the numbers given by this site, so I'll let you know how it goes... I have pressure sales! Tracey Shelburne, OntarioCanada
Nov 18 2005
Ramada Plaza Resorts Scammed But Got a Refund, Here's How Ripoff Ft. Lauderdale Florida
Anyone who is reading this has already been duped so I don't need to rehash it. I too am embarassed, but feel obligated to write this up. I just today got my refund on my credit card so it is possible. The approach that follows will likely help some of you but not all. It will help people who have got duped using a credit card payment and are within 30 days of getting that gut wrenching feeling. Here's what you need to do. 1. Act on this right away. Don't waste another day. If you're like me, your gut tells you there is something fishy here. Your gut is right. Don't wait for the promotional materials to show up. They aren't worth the paper they are printed on. 2. Call 1-800-203-9783 or the number by their charge on your credit card statement or any of the multiple Ramada Plaza Resort numbers to be found on the web. They have lotsa numbers. 3. Ask to speak to someone who can deal with a refund request. Be VERY firm despite their insistence and often obnoxious efforts to have you do something different. Stay focused. 4. Tell them that you wish to cancel any agreement you may have entered into with them under the terms of the Florida Seller's of Travel Act which states that you have 30 days from the date of the charge to do so. Try to get a refund confirmation number from them. In most cases you won't get one at this stage. 5. Next - Get your bankcard company involved as a third party. Call your credit card company's customer service line. Tell them that you have a charge that you are disputing with the merchant who made the charge. In my case they referred me to a security/dispute resolution area. Ask them to call Ramada Plaza Resorts with you on the line. Ramada will likely say that you have already called. Great - they know you're onto them. Be very focussed at this point and ask them with the bankcard people on the line for the evidence of this transaction. They will likely start to get very unprofessional but will not be able to produce the evidence at this point. Demand that they give you a refund confirmation number that both you and your bankcard service person record. The bankcard people know this outfit. What you are doing at this point is serving notice that if Ramada Plaza Resorts doesn't play ball with you, they could have their merchant charging privileges revoked. The gave me and my bankcard people a number - for what it is worth. Leave it at that for the moment. 6. Check your promo package. (In my case, my promotional package arrived within days of my call. I think they are timed to arrive so you have about 4 days before the 30 time period is up.) Note that there are no phone numbers for Ramada Plaza Resorts BUT on the very back page of the Reservation Forms Book you will note the only place you will see a Cancellation provision. It is near the bottom part of the very last page. 7. Send notification of cancellation. Fax a notification letter of cancellation/refund to them at any one of their multiple numbers. I used 954-331-4180. Follow it up with a certified mail notice of cancellation as prescribed in the bottom half of the last page of the Reservation Forms booklet. 8. Continue to follow up with your bankcard company. I believe you have a good probability of getting a refund if you get the above done within 30 days. The last thing these scam outfits want is for a major credit card company to revoke their merchant status. It spreads like a plague. I firmly believe it is pressure from 3rd parties, banks, lawyers, government or whatever that gets their attention. 9. For those of you beyond the 30 thing - keep working with the bank. The bankcard company can lean on these guys. You need to convince them that it is in their interest to look after your intersts here. Ramada Plaza will respond to bank pressure. It is their lifeblood. 10. If you have made a deposit and can't get it back. Cut your losses. Under no circumstances should you ever go on one of these vacations or be sold something else. Trust this helps Byron Victoria, British ColumbiaCanada Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ramada
Dec 09 2003
Ramada Plaza Resorts ripoff - will not refund cash Ft Lauderdale Florida
I just called PRC Ramada and asked for a refund, since my eighteen months is almost up and I do not have a significant other to share the experience. They refused to give me the money back and said they would extend my period another eighteen months. I got onto your website and plan to buy your book, but Ramada's reputation seems to be down the drain, and even if I took the vacation it would cost a lot more money and be a lot less than I was led to believe! Leona Baltimore, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Ft Lauderdale, Florida