Ramada Plaza Resorts I got my money back! Fort Lauderdale Florida
Like all of u guys, I received a call last month telling me that I won a luxury and unforgettable trip to Florida. Usually I just hang up on these kind of calls, but the person on the phone told me that I entered a lucky draw a couple weeks ago at my school and I am the winner. I did enter the draw so I let my guard down.
After 30 mins of talking, finally she asked for my credit card number, and I smelled something fishy. I requested to call back later because I need to discuss with my parents, but she refused. Then I told her I almost max out my credit card, and she told me I can pay US399 or the max amount they can charge on my card. At that moment, I was thinking since I did actually enter a draw and my credit card might only have US200 credit left, so I agreed. Later I found out they actually able to charge US399, US200 over the credit limit..... (well, this is my cc company's fault...)
After hanging up the phone, I decided to check on the resort and see what kind of ratings they get. I typed in Ramada Plaza Resorts, and to my horror, I got reports from this webpage. I was shocked and realized how dumb I was. Anyway, not a good time to feel sorry... I kept on looking on reports how people got their money back. I made a summary and tried to figure out the best way to get my money back. Thank you all!! Without the tips, I seriously doubt I could get my money back.
Here are the steps I took and hope it works for you as well.
1) I called back the next morning and asked to speak to a customer service specialist as suggested in a post. But I dont think is a good idea, because the specialist asked me later, how do you know the term and did you read any rumours about us on the internet. I told him this is how u guys call yourself rite? agents, representatives.... . Just tell the person you want to cancel the trip and you should be fine.
2) CANCEL is they key. They dont have a refund policy, but according to the law in Florida, you are able to cancel the trip within 30 days and receive your full amount back. However, the rep might keep on saying The package is not sold on a cancellable basis, you can cancel if you cant get your reservation time. Ignore it.
3) For sure, the rep will ask you why you want to cancel it. I told him I dont think is right for me. He kept on asking the real reason and my answer was still the same - Not right for me. In the process, he threw all kind of free stuff on me. After a while, I didnt think the conversation is going anywhere, so I told him I couldnt afford it, as I need to pay for my tuition fees and I still owe a lot of student loans from government. He then agreed to refund half of the amount to my account, and asked me to wait for the package and then decide. I agreed, because some posts said that the package will mention about cancellation policy.
4) The money was credited back into my account in about a week. So I was half-way of getting all my money back. Waited for two more weeks, I received the package. The package did mention about cancellation. At the very last page with tiny fonts, says something like If you want to cancel, you need to mail the package back wihtin 10 business days. That's all you need to quote on, ignore other stuff such as you can cancel if we cant reserve a room for you. I mailed the package back immediately with a formal letter telling them I want to cancel.
5) After another week, I got a call from the Package Return Department. She pretty much repeated the same procedures, and my answers were still the same. After a while, I decided to use my secret weapon which I have been thinking for a while.... This might only be useful if you live outside of United States though.
6) I told her Ok, you really want to know the reason? I didnt want to tell you before because I am really unwilling to tell a stranger about this...... I cant get a US visa because I have previous criminal records.....The visa officer told me I wont be able to get a visa for the next ten years. She agreed to cancel the trip immediately. I guess she isnt trained and prepared to answer this question.... hehehhehehe...... I got the cancellation number, and today I got all my money back. I guess you can tell them you are on parole or something if you are in the states.
Important keys: Be patient, keep your cool, and stand firm, dont agree on ANY offers other than money back. Remember the keyword? CANCEL
Suggestions: Read more postings on how people get their money back, and plan a strategy that best suit your situations. I think the best way is you can come up with an unexpected but valid reason. If they dont know how to answer you, they will cancel the trip.
Good Luck !!
Thanks again for the tips and helps offered by kind-hearted people on this website
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ramada